• Cali Bamboo

Product & services pricing Rating 5.28/10 5.28/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.78/10 7.78/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.75/10 7.75/10

"We purchased Bamdeck wide decking for our lake cabin in the woods in WA from Cali Bamboo. Before purchasing, we researched different products and pricing and asked lots of questions. One concern high on the list was durability, scratch resistance and stain resistance since we rent our cabin as a vacation rental. We were assured that this product was all of the above and would take a lot of use and still look nice. This is not the case at all. The first time it rained on the deck, it was water stained. It is one year later and the deck is stained from all sorts of things, including many water stains. If you don't want to have to treat your outdoor deck like an indoor floor, do not purchase this product. "

This review was modified by 721945 on July 24 2015 09:28:40 PM

"I recently completed an outdoor seating installation on the Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo campus using 600 linear ft of CaliBamboo's BamDeck Solid. I had a great experience working with the CaliBamboo employees as well as the material!
The decking and hidden fasteners arrived quickly after the orders were placed and the quality of the product was very impressive. My project called for a rather unconventional use of the decking, which let me take liberty in the shop with its construction. I was surprised to see how easily it cut on the table-saw, chop-saw, and even with hand-saws. As with most any composite decking, dulling of the blades is something to be expected, yet the BamDeck still cut with ease and the blade dulling seemed minimal. The BamDeck Solid has a slight texturing on the surface, but since it isn't a veneer, it can handle light sanding. It is a very dense material, so pre-drilling is a MUST. Even though it is very dense there is still a good amount of flexibility, so be sure to follow the instructions of letting the boards set and acclimate before use as well as follow the 16 inches on center spacing.
I originally chose CaliBamboo because of the sustainable composition of their decking and I am very happy with my decision. The material looks great, blends well with the surroundings, and is easy to work with. I had several people come up to me after my project was completed with questions and complements about the material and I was happy to tell them as I am now: CaliBamboo is a great choice and highly recommended!

This review was modified by tvanthul on July 10 2015 06:32:03 PM

"Great people that went out of their way to help. They knew their products and supported me right away and answered all my questions. Vince was my guy. I used the cork planks and they are AWESOME! I will 'Cali Bamboo' again in a heartbeat.
Ray A. James
MD, USA

This review was modified by rayanthonyjames on July 08 2015 08:23:11 PM

"We are just now completing our 1000 sq. ft. second floor, and can't imagine having chosen anything other than Cali Bamboo. We did a lot of research on the different styles, finishes and qualities of bamboo flooring and, based on our needs and preferences, were referred by another flooring company to Cali. We were impressed from the beginning; Jim walked us through the ordering process, and creatively helped us solve some some quirky areas. The transit company that delivered many hundreds of pounds of product found that their truck lift was not working when they arrived, and despite my suggestion to come another day, they "delivered." They unloaded the truck by hand and placed the humongous order neatly on pallets in my garage. And it was about 90 degrees! We purchased the Fossilized, strand weave, tongue and groove bamboo which is absolutely gorgeous and hard as nails. The quality is impeccable, including the 10 layer, low VOC finish which hasn't shown a hint of a scratch from large dog nails and moving furniture; the hallway and master bedroom have been finished for a year. We recently reordered more to finish our office and received the same product, but significantly lighter than the older adjacent area. Drew, from customer service had us take pictures, issued a pickup and sent a had-picked case for a good match.
So, yes, you can find bamboo flooring cheaper, but if you want quality service and flooring, go with Cali Bamboo. We're extremely happy and confident with this investment in our home.

"We just had the Cali Bamboo Java Antique fossilized floors installed in our main room, and we absolutely love it! We just moved from out of state, and purchased a house that needed new flooring in that room especially. It looks amazing. It is worth every single penny I paid. We have two dogs, that in our previous house destroyed our old wood floors - scratches all over - DEEP scratches. These floors the dogs cannot scratch. I tried. I obtained a few samples and got my dogs to play on them and try to scratch; nothing. I took a key to it to try to scratch it - nothing. These floors are amazing, and the no scratch is exactly why I went with them. Everyone who has seen these floors are completely in love with them, can you blame them???Also, it being a green process just makes it an even better product!! Highly recommended!!"

This review was modified by LeeCulp on June 30 2015 02:19:48 PM

"I ordered 2 rolls of 3.5ft x 8ft Natural Bamboo Fence - 3/4 Inch Diameter for an outdoor Bar and grilling station I was building. Looking all over online and price comparing I decided that Cali Bamboo had the exact size I needed at a reasonable price so I pulled the trigger and ordered.

I received an email for my order shortly after finishing and then waited a couple of days with no communication about my order. I went to the website and entered a support ticket that was quickly responded to. They assured me my order was on track to be delivered the next day and apologized for the lack of communication.

The next day the bamboo arrived well packaged and as my wife opened the box she was impressed with the quality of the bamboo compared to what she had seen in local stores. I was able to attach it to my bar and grill station with no problems and it worked out better than I expected.

This review was modified by IczerOne on June 30 2015 02:09:38 PM

"I purchased the eucalyptus flooring less than a year ago. The slightest amount of water spilled on the flooring when it seeps into the cracks will swell the wood, even if it's immediately wiped up. I have a growing number of places that have swelled around the edges because it's impossible to get the water out of the cracks. Who doesn't occasionally spill something on their floor, whether it's in the kitchen or the living room...this has happened in all the rooms that that I have the product. Cali Bamboo refuses to honor their 50 year warranty and does not stand behind their product. I am highly disappointed. I thought this would be the last flooring I would ever need to install. Less than a year and I'm already thinking about replacing it...I wish money was no object! I would never recommend this product to anyone. Too bad, because it's pretty, but is the most inferior flooring product I have ever encountered. "

This review was modified by MPHINDT on June 19 2015 09:40:25 PM

"We choose the Antique Fossilized Java wide plank flooring and LOVE it. We started with 1 room and it grew to 3 and a hallway, going to add 2 more rooms! We have 2 large dogs and this has been great under their toenails!"

"SPLINTERS BAD! I HAD 5 SPLINTERS JUST OPENING THE BOXES. Not sealed well like the sample. All boards are warped and since they don't snap together they don't stay together! Good luck trying to float this flooring. Overpriced garbage! "

This review was modified by jeeperndp on June 03 2015 11:52:33 AM

"Cali Bamboo specialists provided me with excellent customer service after I discovered them online. When I first called, I was extremely indecisive with my project’s direction. My agent sent me several samples and gave suggestions after I described my husband’s and my desires. She took every call and when she had a family emergency, the transition to a new agent was seamless. The customer service is extraordinary, and since they support DIY installation, they take calls for any and every question. They insist it is an easy process and they are 100% correct. They are not only your Cali Bamboo agent, but they provide you the confidence to complete your project. They are confident in the ease of their product because it seems that every agent has had experience laying a floor – if not their own, in some sort of training. They also provide instructions, information, and videos.

We ultimately chose the mocha fossilized eucalyptus click flooring for our 10’ x 11’ room plus a very large closet. My friend and I (two, inexperienced 31yo females) laid the flooring when my husband was out of town in about 7-8 hours. This amount of time included using a jigsaw for the length-cuts (this took a while; we used a miter for the short cuts). The battery for the jigsaw was consistently going out after every board. We eventually gave up on the battery and made a trip to Home Depot, charged the new batteries, and had a lunch break. Without all those obstacles, it would have been a much faster process (especially if you have a table saw or circular saw). This entire project was easy – so easy.

The flors are more than we could even imagine – we do not have any scratches on them after 8 months (installed them in July 2014). We have been careful, but have had accidents! For example, I recently decided to add quarter-round to our simple baseboards. The existing baseboards’ backs were covered in glue and I had to hammer very hard. There were several times the hammer slipped onto the floor with force! We have absolutely no dents. I would not suggest taking a hammer to the floor, but every accident has been without consequence.

I have also dripped paint on our brand new floors. Wet, it wiped right up. Later, I found a few drops that I was able to scratch up with my fingernail. None of this paint got in the cracks – so for that I was lucky; I feel that would be more tricky. None of my statements are suggesting that you should not remain cautious with your floors, just confirming how well they stand up to the life in our household.

If it even needs mentioning, I would and do recommend Cali-Bamboo to all my friends and family. If we were to have another project, they would be the first (and probably only) place I would search for product. The ease of the website, the customer-service, and the product are undeniably a superior package for this kind of project.

". I bought 600 sq ft of Cali bamboo flooring from Lowes. When the installer started the installation he found the third piece he tried was slightly off in width which made it impossible to install. After talking to Cali Customer Service I agreed to buy 2 extra boxes to have on hand so we could finish the installation. They agreed to ship it by Thursday so I could have it the following Monday when installation resumed. I went to Lowes and ordered the extra, the salesman even got Cali on the line to be sure it would be shipped in time. They said it would definitely go out by Friday. On Friday Nathan from Cali Customer Service called to tell me the order was being shipped.
On Monday when I checked with Lowes to be sure it was there it wasn't. They called Cali and was told it would ship that day, on Monday when I had to have it. This cost me an extra $500 which is the minimum the installer charged per day. Cali has a big problem keeping their word so I would recommend going elsewhere to purchase bamboo flooring.

This review was modified by david-82116 on March 16 2015 01:12:22 PM

"I have used this flooring to do three rooms now (about 1200 sq ft.). I have been pleased with the results and the flooring is a great pre-finished material. I am surprised that they seem to have a dynamic product line, though.
My first floor was a "light tiger" T&G Bamboo. (discontinued) 70% natural and 30% dark material. The result is a floor that always gets positive comments from friends and guests. It is a lighter flooring that does not show dirt. They still carry a "dark tiger" (70% dark to 30% natural), I believe.
The second was a tri-color bordered Natural floor in the master bedroom. (My wife loves it!)
The last floor is a tri-color floor with a bold (cognac/natural/cognac) border and a Antique Pearl field. Looks like a rug on the floor. Again, everyone that has seen it thinks it is cool. Makes for a light airy feel to a room to have the light colored flooring but with the richness of the border materials.
I have had no order issues and the color of any natural product has some variance. (Open all boxes and inter-mix during install).
The bamboo flooring from Cali Bamboo is a solid product and heavy and hard. Do follow installation instructions. There are some tips out there. I found it to be hard on saw blades (carbide). Did I mention that it is a hard flooring. If you need to drill or screw in/through it. run the drill/driver S-L-O-W-L-Y. You do not want to create frictional heat. It makes the resin react and can seize your drill bit or screw. Also do not stop the drill in the material.. keep it moving or you will leave it in the floor.
I will continue using Cali Bamboo for flooring projects.
I am most pleased with the products that I have had so far. (I have not been impressed with the flooring sold by the "box" stores. This material is SOLID, HEAVY, and lays well. All of the T&G Cali Bamboo flooring I have had has been good.
This material sat almost a year waiting for me to install. (indoors and still in the packaging.)

"I have purchased 2 large orders. The product, once you get the right color and type, is high quality and exceptionally durable. Their return policy an customer service for returns is not so good. Make sure, make sure, you get a current sample before placing your order. On both of my orders the wrong product was sent. They have a real problem because they ship their product from other locations so there is no way to have quality control and no way to verify the correct product and color Is being sent. The product names and colors are so similar and they change the product without changing the name. Why????? You also may not get 100% refund/exchange even when it is clearly their fault. Sales is wonderful. Customer service is awful. "

This review was modified by Reviewsrus2014 on September 19 2014 05:43:30 AM

"The cork flooring turned out great, super easy to install. In fact, removing the vinyl was the hardest part! See my photos here: http://bit.ly/my_cork_floors"

This review was modified by syntaxgraphics on December 13 2013 03:54:11 PM

"Cali Bamboo has excellent service and a beautiful product. I would recommend them to anyone in need of bamboo. They respond quickly to any questions you may submit. I have had a very good experience with cali bamboo. K. Cruz "

This review was modified by angelgelique.com on July 19 2013 04:15:59 PM

Share Cali Bamboo's store rating

Cali Bamboo is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cali Bamboo is not a merchant member
Cali Bamboo does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!