• Cali Bamboo

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Cali Bamboo specialists provided me with excellent customer service after I discovered them online. When I first called, I was extremely indecisive with my project’s direction. My agent sent me several samples and gave suggestions after I described my husband’s and my desires. She took every call and when she had a family emergency, the transition to a new agent was seamless. The customer service is extraordinary, and since they support DIY installation, they take calls for any and every question. They insist it is an easy process and they are 100% correct. They are not only your Cali Bamboo agent, but they provide you the confidence to complete your project. They are confident in the ease of their product because it seems that every agent has had experience laying a floor – if not their own, in some sort of training. They also provide instructions, information, and videos.

We ultimately chose the mocha fossilized eucalyptus click flooring for our 10’ x 11’ room plus a very large closet. My friend and I (two, inexperienced 31yo females) laid the flooring when my husband was out of town in about 7-8 hours. This amount of time included using a jigsaw for the length-cuts (this took a while; we used a miter for the short cuts). The battery for the jigsaw was consistently going out after every board. We eventually gave up on the battery and made a trip to Home Depot, charged the new batteries, and had a lunch break. Without all those obstacles, it would have been a much faster process (especially if you have a table saw or circular saw). This entire project was easy – so easy.

The flors are more than we could even imagine – we do not have any scratches on them after 8 months (installed them in July 2014). We have been careful, but have had accidents! For example, I recently decided to add quarter-round to our simple baseboards. The existing baseboards’ backs were covered in glue and I had to hammer very hard. There were several times the hammer slipped onto the floor with force! We have absolutely no dents. I would not suggest taking a hammer to the floor, but every accident has been without consequence.

I have also dripped paint on our brand new floors. Wet, it wiped right up. Later, I found a few drops that I was able to scratch up with my fingernail. None of this paint got in the cracks – so for that I was lucky; I feel that would be more tricky. None of my statements are suggesting that you should not remain cautious with your floors, just confirming how well they stand up to the life in our household.

If it even needs mentioning, I would and do recommend Cali-Bamboo to all my friends and family. If we were to have another project, they would be the first (and probably only) place I would search for product. The ease of the website, the customer-service, and the product are undeniably a superior package for this kind of project.

". I bought 600 sq ft of Cali bamboo flooring from Lowes. When the installer started the installation he found the third piece he tried was slightly off in width which made it impossible to install. After talking to Cali Customer Service I agreed to buy 2 extra boxes to have on hand so we could finish the installation. They agreed to ship it by Thursday so I could have it the following Monday when installation resumed. I went to Lowes and ordered the extra, the salesman even got Cali on the line to be sure it would be shipped in time. They said it would definitely go out by Friday. On Friday Nathan from Cali Customer Service called to tell me the order was being shipped.
On Monday when I checked with Lowes to be sure it was there it wasn't. They called Cali and was told it would ship that day, on Monday when I had to have it. This cost me an extra $500 which is the minimum the installer charged per day. Cali has a big problem keeping their word so I would recommend going elsewhere to purchase bamboo flooring.

modified review This review was modified by david-82116 on March 16 2015 01:12:22 PM

"I have used this flooring to do three rooms now (about 1200 sq ft.). I have been pleased with the results and the flooring is a great pre-finished material. I am surprised that they seem to have a dynamic product line, though.
My first floor was a "light tiger" T&G Bamboo. (discontinued) 70% natural and 30% dark material. The result is a floor that always gets positive comments from friends and guests. It is a lighter flooring that does not show dirt. They still carry a "dark tiger" (70% dark to 30% natural), I believe.
The second was a tri-color bordered Natural floor in the master bedroom. (My wife loves it!)
The last floor is a tri-color floor with a bold (cognac/natural/cognac) border and a Antique Pearl field. Looks like a rug on the floor. Again, everyone that has seen it thinks it is cool. Makes for a light airy feel to a room to have the light colored flooring but with the richness of the border materials.
I have had no order issues and the color of any natural product has some variance. (Open all boxes and inter-mix during install).
The bamboo flooring from Cali Bamboo is a solid product and heavy and hard. Do follow installation instructions. There are some tips out there. I found it to be hard on saw blades (carbide). Did I mention that it is a hard flooring. If you need to drill or screw in/through it. run the drill/driver S-L-O-W-L-Y. You do not want to create frictional heat. It makes the resin react and can seize your drill bit or screw. Also do not stop the drill in the material.. keep it moving or you will leave it in the floor.
I will continue using Cali Bamboo for flooring projects.
I am most pleased with the products that I have had so far. (I have not been impressed with the flooring sold by the "box" stores. This material is SOLID, HEAVY, and lays well. All of the T&G Cali Bamboo flooring I have had has been good.
This material sat almost a year waiting for me to install. (indoors and still in the packaging.)

"I have purchased 2 large orders. The product, once you get the right color and type, is high quality and exceptionally durable. Their return policy an customer service for returns is not so good. Make sure, make sure, you get a current sample before placing your order. On both of my orders the wrong product was sent. They have a real problem because they ship their product from other locations so there is no way to have quality control and no way to verify the correct product and color Is being sent. The product names and colors are so similar and they change the product without changing the name. Why????? You also may not get 100% refund/exchange even when it is clearly their fault. Sales is wonderful. Customer service is awful. "

modified review This review was modified by Reviewsrus2014 on September 19 2014 05:43:30 AM

"The cork flooring turned out great, super easy to install. In fact, removing the vinyl was the hardest part! See my photos here: http://bit.ly/my_cork_floors"

modified review This review was modified by syntaxgraphics on December 13 2013 03:54:11 PM

"Cali Bamboo has excellent service and a beautiful product. I would recommend them to anyone in need of bamboo. They respond quickly to any questions you may submit. I have had a very good experience with cali bamboo. K. Cruz "

modified review This review was modified by angelgelique.com on July 19 2013 04:15:59 PM

"My husband and I did a lot of research on bamboo and we were a little skeptical about installing it in our home in Minot, ND. The winters are harsh and the summers are incredibly humid. We were worried about the bamboo shrinking, we heard a lot of horror stories about it shrinking a 1/2" even. So we looked around for the best quality bamboo and came across Cali Bamboo's website. With bamboo some companies will not let the bamboo acclimate for the proper time period (I read on some sites the company needs to let it acclimate for 3 years before selling to customers). When the company gets the bamboo overseas and sells it right away before acclimating it this causes issues with shrinkage for the customer that installs it in their home. After reviewing the samples we decided to go with Antique Java Wide Plank, we ordered the extra waste (because we had never laid hardwood or bamboo on our own before). We took on the kitchen/dining room/hallway project in October of 2012, we heard from many contractors that with the weather up here in ND to use the glue down method and do not skimp. So we did just that! It took a weekend to clean the plywood, lay down nice even subfloor, and lay the bamboo. We barely had any waste at the end that we have extra to do another hallway. I am so impressed with the quality of bamboo and how it has not shrunk AT ALL! I wasn't going to write a review on the bamboo until I got through the harsh winter and into our humid summer. I even took an extra plank and set it over the bamboo to see if there was any shrinkage, but there was none. We did go with the recommendation to topcoat it with the Bona and wow that really completed the floor, it is withstanding to my one year old daughter perfectly. If you are looking into doing bamboo flooring, do your research, go with the proper method for your climate, and you will end up a happy customer. I would recommend Cali Bamboo to anyone, their sales staff have been incredibly helpful. Whenever I had any questions they were always there to help answer them."

modified review This review was modified by hockeykv on July 18 2013 10:26:09 AM

"Cali Bamboo is absolutely amazing. Their customer service even exceeds that of their product! I placed an order of their new distressed mocha click flooring for my business. I have received so many compliments on the floor from customers.

Everyone at Cali Bamboo was incredibly patient, knowledgeable, and friendly. It made the ordering process that much easier. I highly recommend Cali-Bamboo, an incredible product offered by an even more amazing company.

modified review This review was modified by jakeshap06 on June 17 2013 06:27:02 PM

"My husband and I have been looking for decking for months and came across Cali Bamboo's BamDeck product a few months ago. We ordered samples and compared it to samples of a number of other products we got local. We were blown away with the quality and the look of the product. The sales person was amazingly helpful, they guided my husband on how to build with it and even came up with a great design that we ended up using. We've now had the deck up for a few weeks and over the Memorial Day we had our first party on it and it performed amazing! Everyone commented on how good it looked too! We went with the BamDeck slate color and alternated flat and ridged.
thanks Cali Bamboo!

modified review This review was modified by joanjoan on May 28 2013 11:16:34 AM

"Cali bamboo offered me the best solution to a tough request. A durable floor in a humid climate, that would be easy to install and have a life time warranty. My sales associate, Chris V., was informative and had great follow up and follow through. I received the best customer service from Cali Bamboo. Zappos could learn a lot from Cali Bamboo's customer service. My floor shipped and delivered 3 days earlier than projected and the product is awesome. Thanks Cali Bamboo and you just earned my customer loyalty in a cut throat industry."

modified review This review was modified by Alexszalay1966 on October 30 2012 04:25:31 AM

"I recently purchased bamboo fencing materials from Cali Bamboo. I have to say that this company is top notch on all levels. The materials were exactly as described. The company offers a how to install video on their website to booth. I called with my questions regarding square feet and materials. I spoke with A man named Chris. He was so professional and knowledgable. The bamboo was shipped promptly. Wrapped in green materials to help our planet continue. After installing my fence this company ask for photos to put my project in a contest for store credit on future projects. What a fun experiencing has been to deal with Cali Bamboo. I would recommend this company to everyone. All in all a wonderful experience. It is my intention to continue business with them and to refer them to many others."

"I ordered bamboo flooring from Cali Bamboo a few years ago. I was so impressed with the entire experience! Customer service was top notch, delivery was fast and easy, & the flooring is amazing! We are closing on a new home this month, and I have ordered the same strand woven bamboo flooring from Cali Bamboo for our new home. After having the flooring in my home for almost three years, I can say that there is nothing better. It is beautiful, easy to care for, and I love that it is eco friendly."

"Our daughter carefully researched hard wood flooring for her condo. We were more than happy to help her install her bamboo flooring. This is the 4th hardwood floor we have installed but our first bamboo floor. The Cali bamboo quality was phenomenal to work with. Each piece fit together like a glove, there was so little waste, truly unbelievable! The finished floor looks gorgeous! We couldn't get over the ease of installation and the glue was so smooth to apply, low odor. Every piece of wood was 100% perfect, straight and beautiful. We have never seen such high quality, we will definitely recommend your flooring to friends and family. Thank you for providing such superior quality wood flooring.
Sincerely,
Nancy & Jeff

"Why cant i give it a zero.. if i could i would.

So wish i had gone with some other type of fence as the black mold seems to grow on this stuff faster than anything on earth... and i had mold growth starting in year one and every year since. Now the look of the fence is nice and looks great each year that i spend hours and hours first stripping off the mold growth and then resealing it all, which costs me about $300 annually to keep up with. I bought this under the guise that the salesman said that this fence required very little maintenance... what a lie. Then after i complained about it they said well of course there are areas where rain falls that promotes mold growth. They tried to make it better by sending me a few gallon containers of their sealant, which of course I put on and yeah, am the mold came right back.. so yep, my yearly spring startup around the pool always involves a few days and alot of $$$ on the "lovely" bamboo fence. Stay away from this product, I wish i had.

"We love our Cali Bamboo fence. The bamboo is so much better to look at than just about any other fences we have seen. The fence was put up due to a property, easement issue with a neighbor. After we found that he would rather us remove our rose plant, than to sell us an easemnt, we felt that we needed to go ahead define our space. After we installed the panels and completed it the last day, our neighbor came home and did a triple take--looking at our fence. He went out of his way to tell us that the fence looks real good. We want to create a tropical or Zen style outdoor "staycation" backyard. The bamboo provides a very beautiful backdrop for all kinds of plants, flowers, fountains and other decortive elements in the landscape. We are in the planning stages of a master bath remodel, and we really want to include bamboo paneling or slats in the bath, maybe a ceiling? Cali Bamboo has a great selection of products. And all of their employees are "top notch" !!! "

Share Cali Bamboo's store rating

Cali Bamboo is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cali Bamboo is not a merchant member
Cali Bamboo does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!