• Cabela's

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.71/10 5.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I ordered bedding for my new home. The quality is great, fits as well as promised. Great value, lower price than anywhere else I compared this particular quilt to. It shipped right away, I had it within six working days. Free shipping didn't hurt either!"

This review was modified by MandyMR on October 03 2015 10:22:53 AM

"My FITS socks have arrived. Best sock ever made people! Especially if you prefer a sock that doesn't slip down your calf. A few years back Cabela's rep David Olson turned me on to the Heavy Wader Rugged OTC (that would be "over the calf" in sock apparel lingo). I reached out to David when I was working for FedEx Ground in Minnesota. It was a challenge to keep my feet dry and warm during the winter months and David hooked me up with FITS. No more cold feet. I'm done with FedEx but not with FITS. I needed to reload for this winter and David directed me to Cabela's online store. I even got free shipping. How cool is that? These are quite literally the most comfortable socks I have ever worn. And I believe my postman Mark would agree. Yes, I find that FITS also make for great tips! "

"Cancel my order with any reason given."

This review was modified by indyhsu on September 20 2015 04:12:54 AM

"Ordered 1000 rounds of ammo. With the labor day sale and a coupon code, I got a very deal on it. I've ordered from Cabela's multiple times with good results. Shipping is fast, and I get what I ordered. I'm very surprised to see negative reviews here. Cabela's is one of my go to online retailers to buy ammo. "

"Cabelas stores are poorly staffed as a result of quarterly earnings. The Gun Library in Lone Tree is a joke. I brought a gun in for purchase by them. They offered me $175 on a gun that had never been fired new in box and was purchased in February for $384. Took it to a competitor and got $330."

"They sent me a email saying I was approved for a cebelas credit card. I looked at a few things online. I put them in my cart to see what the total order whould be. There website was messing up. I tried to delete the iteams . I called her site was down to doing updates she said. Fine then I git a order confermation in my email. Thanks for your order it was put on my Cabelas card. I tried to cancle the order but she said they was already prossed and chould not be canceled. I said I whould return them when I got them she said they where on sale iteams sold there is as is no returns exchange only. how do you order whith a card you don't have yet. not again I will cancel the card when the iteams are paid off. And shred the card. I thought of buying more from them guess I go back to Bass pro shop or sportsmans Guide have good like whith them. "

This review was modified by pickupman212 on August 08 2015 05:13:54 AM

"What a joke. Thought about ordering a small boat but their price was a little higher so the sales rep told me not to worry they match all competitor prices. So i did research on competitor prices called them back be cause walmart sold it cheaper but temp out of stock. So they they said it had to be in stock for them to match. Ok im good with that, until i found Rural King with it in stock. Now the story changed to it has to be in a store with in 100 miles. I was fine with them being the higher price , but not tryng to sell me on a deal they were not will to go through with. They just wasted 2 days of my time. "

"I have to say reading all the negative reviews on cabelas I was worried about ordering from them but they had the best pricing for what I needed and I must say nothing but a good experience customer service was great and the quality of the items I purchased were just as the pictures on the sight thumbs up from me and very fast on shipping Thanks cabelas"

"Extremely disappointed in Cabela's lack of standing behind their product. I purchased a second Outback II upright wheeled carry on. I say second because the first one the wheels broke off. This time I had the product for a little over a year and the handle fell out and the bag can't be rolled. Called Customer Service and received the "send it the returns center to be reviewed". That was a waste of $30.02. I received the standard "out of parameters of our return policy letter". Didn't even look like the suitcase was looked at. I am disgusted with Cabela's especially since they don't stand behind products with their name on it. They are suppose to have such high quality stuff. Don't think so. Why pay the higher prices when they have cheapened their quality and don't stand behind product with their name on it. "

This review was modified by TLandfried on June 05 2015 02:40:49 PM

"Arrogant, ignorant and untrained optics and firearms sales staff

There wasn't anyone who did a good job. It appears that the sales people seem to think they know it all when they don't. They also assume that anyone who approaches the gun counter knows nothing about firearms, optics, ammo or anything else related to shooting or hunting, so they lie for lack of a better answer. They are generally wrong. There were two witnesses to what happened. One was a Beretta salesman by the Name of Shullman or Shullberg I think, and the other was a Nikon Mfg. Rep by the name of Mike.

Since I don't know if there will be room to tell the story somewhere else, I'll tell it here.

A friend gave me a Cabela's flyer with some Cabela's scopes on sale, so I decided to see what they had to offer. I was looking for a 22WMR with BDC for a new AR upper. One was advertised for $69.00. As it turned out, they had only one left, I was told. It was an unsealed box, and looked like it had been gone into. I looked at the scope and it seemed to appear like a normal quality scope and had the ticks for different distances below the cross hairs. I looked through the enclosed booklet and did not find any information regarding the sight in distance or what the ticks represented. Very Poor (Poor Cabela's design and management. They never find or admit to their mistakes.)booklet design and lacking the most important information, needed to properly use the scope. There was no warranty card enclosed either. The counter clerk told me I didn't need that information, and that I should just sight it in at fifty yards. Where does it say that I said? It could also be sighted in at 100 yards as well I mentioned, but regardless there was no info available as to what should be done. He said I didn't need it, again. I told him he didn't know what he was talking about, and he got red in the face, and I thought he was going to take a swing at me. And he didn't! You guys (Cabela's design and management) didn't etch the info. on the glass of the scope and it wasn't included with the scope in the booklet. I asked him and one or two others to see if they had some info. for the scope, and they looked around and found nothing. I blew about half an hour by now waiting. I took a look through another booklet someone produced and it had info. and data on every caliber scope except the one I was looking at, how about that? By this time I had talked to the two people mentioned earlier, and they were of no help either. Still, I was waiting for some info. and got nothing. It had now been over a hour and had nothing, so I gave up and was leaving the store

This was probably the second time someone approached me about getting a Cabela's card and I told them I wasn't interested as I had one before and got rid of it after having been treated bad by Cabela's online staff and being over charged on shipping on a couple of orders. But she was persistent, and kept trying, and she had a pretty good manor. I'd have to say she's probably one of your best sales people. I also had looked at some camo on my way out and asked her where some of the $25-$35 camo you advertised was located. She found it fast, where no one else had earlier when I asked an older woman who would only show me the $70-$80 stuff. We discussed the CC again and I asked if I could get one for my business and a personal one as well, she indicated yes. So I filled out two forms with one marked BUSINESS ACCOUNT with my business card attached and one for my own use. I had picked out some camo I was going to buy and she asked me if there was anything else I was interested in, and I explained the experience in the gun department. She said let's go back, and I told her I didn't' want to waste any more time. She persisted, and we went back and I looked at the scope again, and while I did she ran down the manager or someone else. A little while later a guy showed up and questioned me about the scope and I explained my experience and he disappeared for awhile and then went to a computer and worked there for awhile. By this time I had been in the store about two hours or more. When he got my attention, I looked at the computer and it was a picture of the scope sight with all the information. That's what people said didn't exist, and I told him it doesn't do me any good in the computer, so he printed out the scope data. What a job that was to buy a scope, and what a waste of time.

To make a longer story short, I only was able to get one card, as they told me I only made one application and there was no record of a business application. I know they lied about that in the club department when I went there to inquire about it, because there are several people that knew I filled out two forms including the good sales person. The sales person I should mention here is the one you're inquiring about above. Anyhow, when they told me that in the club dept. I told them here, take my personal card back.

This review was modified by artwerks2 on June 03 2015 07:43:34 PM

"Comment removed

This review was modified by Ally012 on May 26 2015 01:08:53 PM

"Ordered a Fish N Mate Original with the Orange tires. April 2015. Cart Arrived quickly, one part had a defect. The issue was taken care of quickly, Could not be more happy. Will keep both Cabela's and Fish N Mate in mind for future needs and wants. "

"Bad mouthing cabelas is not my intention. All I can say is that if you can find what you're looking for elsewhere just save yourself the headache and buy it from there. I'm sure if you also do a little online research you're probably going to save yourself some cash by not buying from cabelas as well."

This review was modified by BkLyN1 on April 22 2015 06:42:40 AM

"Watch your credit card closely! Cabelas double charged me for the same order twice. Called customer service and they were absolutely no help at all. They told me to handle it through my credit card company. Trust is the foundation of all my relationships and the fact that I can no longer trust Cabelas to do what is right, or at least fix their mistake, I'll never do business with them again. "

"Stupid, idiotic, bad service, takes your money without giving you your stuff, disappointing. I ordered 4 times the same stuff from them, and they dont even try to help, their web page look awfull, just, if you can find it somewhere else, buy it somewhere else."

Share Cabela's's store rating

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!