• Cabela's

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.31/10 1.31/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.64/10 2.64/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10

"Watch your credit card closely! Cabelas double charged me for the same order twice. Called customer service and they were absolutely no help at all. They told me to handle it through my credit card company. Trust is the foundation of all my relationships and the fact that I can no longer trust Cabelas to do what is right, or at least fix their mistake, I'll never do business with them again. "

"Stupid, idiotic, bad service, takes your money without giving you your stuff, disappointing. I ordered 4 times the same stuff from them, and they dont even try to help, their web page look awfull, just, if you can find it somewhere else, buy it somewhere else."

"My name is Mark Brulinski
I reside in NJ about one hour drive from Hamburg PA store.
I was a loyal Cabrela's customer fot over ten years and I spent thousands of dollars buying from them.
Past few years is nothing but disappointment with every order and every Cabela's brand product.
Customer service in the store and catalog changed tremendously not in a good way. I do not mind to spend extra money for good quality merchandise but lately lots of their products are below expectations. Especially Cabela's products made over seas are lacking quality. Over the years I witnessed deterioration of quality both products and customer service.

modified review This review was modified by markbrulinski on February 27 2015 06:37:28 PM

"I had an order with Cabelas from their bargain cave. Received and email with my shipping information, etc. Logged into the website at Cabelas and saw my ordered listed cancelled. I checked my email and I had an email that the product was backordered but would be notified when it shipped. I called and they told me that my order was cancelled and they wasn't backordered. I received no notification from Cabelas nor gave them permission to cancel my order. Terrible business practice and horrible customer service! "

"Very surprised at all of the negative ratings for Cabela's. I purchase most of my ammo from Cabela's. They are much cheaper than Bass Pro or Gander Mountain. I always receive my order in 2 to 3 business days and my order is always correct. I will continue to do business with Cabela's because my experiences have all been positive!"

"Overpriced, poor communication, unresponsive management, and horrible customer service. I would rather have wild animals chew off my arm than do business with Cabela's. "

"Booo. I ordered 4 sale items online, paid with a credit card, and even received a confirmation e-mail letting me know the expected arrival date. That date came and went, but I gave them an extra TWO days due to the recent snow. Still no delivery. I called today (talked to 5 people, disconnected once) to inquire and they told me the credit card billing address wasn't right. I asked why I didn't get a phone call or e-mail or anything. They apparently tried to call the wrong number. They had a whole lot of trouble actually finding the order as well. That took three people to do. It wasn't under my name (first and last), my phone number (which no one seems to know), or even the credit card number. They sure had no problem cancelling the order, though. That took about 4 seconds.

I'm not a frequent online shopper, but I know my way around...you know...update all your information and check it on the confirmation page so there's no problem. Never, ever, ever had any issues. Never.

This is the last time I'll be ordering anything from Cabela's and I didn't even get anything!

"Placed an order Dec 3 2014 ..order arrived in a timely manner for Christmas. .upon arrival one of the items was not what I intended and the other was too small..I returned the items one for full refund and the other for an exchange..knowing it would not be back for Christmas in was ok..However it's now been an entire month that cabelas has had my returns items and when I call weekly I was told my refund check was sent to me jan 2 2015 and that the other item was on back order..and would be available jan 8 2015 ..I call back today jan 16 2015 because I received an email confirming this and I am now frustrated that I don't have my refund or my exchange item..I called to inform customer service that i now want a full refund and was informed I haven't even been issued the first refund yet..ridiculous! ! It's been an entire month and nothing. .will not place another online order with cabelas.."

modified review This review was modified by tashagreene on January 16 2015 08:34:54 AM

"I've noticed for some time now Cabela's has cancelled several of my ordered items when they are purchased on sale. I have recently had this happen and gone in and double checked to find the items available at a higher price.

They have never given any notice by email or phone of the cancelled items. They just assume that you never check or say anything.

This has happened enough that I believe it's happening to others. If this is happening to you please comment as I'm checking with an attorney to see if a class action law suit would be possible.

"Cabelas unfortunately has changed their return policy. They now only warenty their products for 1 year WITH a receipt . I went today with a pair waders that are 1 year old. The knee pads are falling off them for no good reason . No tear just coming off (manufacturer defect). To make a long story short after a long discussion they said they agreed it was a manufacturer defect and would give me 101 dollars for them but no exchange because I did not have a receipt . I paid 230 1 year ago. I simply wanted replacement but they would not replace them. So to make a long story short they don't have a good warranty on their product any longer . Very disappointing what they have become.

modified review This review was modified by spear-it on January 01 2015 12:27:17 PM

"Terrible customer repore. Made a purchase on their internet site. Could have shipped to my house. Said for store pickup. When my wife went to pick it up it was not there. That would not be bad except we live 6 hours away. Most stores its either there or you have it sent to your house. They just kept going after paying and sending wife over while in town it was not there. I called they said there will be a phone call telling you it's in. I asked could you just change the order no. I have to drive 6 hours back to return it and she would be happy to order another one. Kiss my rear cabelas you or insane and jerks. That was after I called the actual store to make sure my wife could pick it up today. "

"I like Cabelas and have had good experiences with them several times. However, today as I tried to checkout, I somehow ended up signing up for a Paypal CREDIT product. I'm certain I should have been paying more attention, but I only meant to pay w/ Paypal... not signup for some kind of credit product. All this was built into Cabela's checkout, and felt super sneaky and underhanded to me... I'm guessing they get some kind of incentive for shoving their customers into that scheme... I'm very disappointed. I blame myself for not reading the details, but it was literally buried in the checkout process. Gross... be careful!"

"Cabelas recently had some original SIG pistol magazines on sale for $22.49 that I place three orders for. Two were place on Monday for backordered items that they were still accepting orders for and a third was placed on Tuesday for items which were listed as in stock. All were for reasonable quantities for personal use. They did not authorize my credit card for the backorders but did for the items that were in stock. The following day I received an email stating the the in stock item order was now on backorder until 3/25/15. These items were the ones I needed most urgently and after three chats throughout the day and evening and their reinforcement of this I ended up cancelling that order and leaving my first two on backorder. Now this morning I checked again and the items for the order I cancelled are listed as in stock in quantities well above what I ordered, at a higher price of course. There are also people on a forum I'm a member of that are reporting that some of them are receiving their orders and others are not. Not only is this dishonest, it is deceptive, poor business ethics, and fraudulent. I also called their corporate office and they claimed that the disclaimers on their website supports their actions and that it was supposed to be a "one day sale". Nowhere did it say this on the product page as I have screen shots. We'll guess what, I ordered on that "day" and now they also cancelled my two backorders from that day. Suffice it to say that I plan to put together all my chat transcripts, order confirmation emails, and credit card account info and send it to my State Attorney's office for their review and consideration as well as any other consumer complaint venues I can pursue and post. I highly discourage anyone thinking of doing business with them as they are not willing to own up to their promises, purchase agreements, or legal obligations."

"(This is my report to the competition bureau of Canada - Dec. 10, 2014)

In a most recent flyers, Cabela's advertised a Commercial-grade vacuum sealer (15", Item #43771) at the price of $299.99.
I had placed that order along with a number of other items, including consumables (bags) on November 30th. A subsequent email let me know that it was backordered.
I recevied a portion of the order, including the consumable bags.
Today (Dec. 10th) Cabela's notified me by email that the vacuum sealer was no longer available. Additionally, no replacement item would be offered, and my funds would be refunded.
When i called the toll-free number, the representative said that they will not be honoring the flyer item as the item was no longer available due to "high order demand".
I mentioned that a replacement model was listed on their website (model #81740) at a price of $499.99. They mentioned that this item would not be subsituted. I mentioned if this was the policy on the shortage as per their instruction, and they confirmed it was.

This is a classic "bait & switch" type of marketing and is unacceptable in the Canadian marketplace.
I have ad-hoc information that nearly 100 Canadian Consumers have been affected in this exact same way. If you are one that is affected, please contact me so we may consider class-action legal recourse.
(mitchgolay@hotmail.com)
I strongly believe that this company is in violation of the competition act, such that consumers such as myself have suffered the following damages:
1) Acquisition of funds & money without delivery of product.
2) bank-rolling and/or holding of funds for a term without refund of interest on said held funds
3) Delay of consumer purchase from a competitor's list or sale item(s) with false or incorrect advertisement (see Competition Act)
4) Destruction or degredation of wild game quality and/or quantity due to negligence of the Company. (The price of acquisition of wild game is impossible to tabulate)

As a Canadian citizen, consumer as well as business person, i feel this is completely unacceptable for our marketplace. Please investigate, and persecute the applicable partie(s) involved in these LIES and DECEPTION that are uncalled for and unfair to other businesses and consumers.

modified review This review was modified by mgolay on December 18 2014 08:23:13 AM

"Cabela's Fort Worth I stood in line 1 hour and 10 minutes to pay for a shotgun purchase. Had it be for me I would have said forget it but it was for a gift. Management knew they had a long wait but getting you to sign up for a Cabela's credit card was more important than customer service. The two clerks I talked to were Great! This is on management."

Share Cabela's's store rating

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!