• Cabela's

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.33/10 2.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.32/10 1.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10

"Bought an m1 garand
I took it to a gun smith and after a detail review and measurements he was glad I didn't shoot as it was defective and said it may blew up in my face because it was altered
I took it back to the store and they refunded my money ????
I went back the next day and they were ready to put it back out for sale
I talked to David the mod and he said he looked down the barrel and it looks fine and he needed not to to measure the head space as they all come from CMP the same
I worry about the next customer who may purchase this and their safety
I have the sn of the rifle and will hold David the manager ( know it all ) accountable if anyone gets hurt

He definitely didn't know what he was talking about and put sales in front of safety
I will post this on all available sites and contact there corporate Office as well
Beware.
Thanks

Big Al

modified review This review was modified by Ally012 on May 04 2015 07:35:23 PM

"Ordered a Fish N Mate Original with the Orange tires. April 2015. Cart Arrived quickly, one part had a defect. The issue was taken care of quickly, Could not be more happy. Will keep both Cabela's and Fish N Mate in mind for future needs and wants. "

"Bad mouthing cabelas is not my intention. All I can say is that if you can find what you're looking for elsewhere just save yourself the headache and buy it from there. I'm sure if you also do a little online research you're probably going to save yourself some cash by not buying from cabelas as well."

modified review This review was modified by BkLyN1 on April 22 2015 06:42:40 AM

"Watch your credit card closely! Cabelas double charged me for the same order twice. Called customer service and they were absolutely no help at all. They told me to handle it through my credit card company. Trust is the foundation of all my relationships and the fact that I can no longer trust Cabelas to do what is right, or at least fix their mistake, I'll never do business with them again. "

"Stupid, idiotic, bad service, takes your money without giving you your stuff, disappointing. I ordered 4 times the same stuff from them, and they dont even try to help, their web page look awfull, just, if you can find it somewhere else, buy it somewhere else."

"My name is Mark Brulinski
I reside in NJ about one hour drive from Hamburg PA store.
I was a loyal Cabrela's customer fot over ten years and I spent thousands of dollars buying from them.
Past few years is nothing but disappointment with every order and every Cabela's brand product.
Customer service in the store and catalog changed tremendously not in a good way. I do not mind to spend extra money for good quality merchandise but lately lots of their products are below expectations. Especially Cabela's products made over seas are lacking quality. Over the years I witnessed deterioration of quality both products and customer service.

modified review This review was modified by markbrulinski on February 27 2015 06:37:28 PM

"I had an order with Cabelas from their bargain cave. Received and email with my shipping information, etc. Logged into the website at Cabelas and saw my ordered listed cancelled. I checked my email and I had an email that the product was backordered but would be notified when it shipped. I called and they told me that my order was cancelled and they wasn't backordered. I received no notification from Cabelas nor gave them permission to cancel my order. Terrible business practice and horrible customer service! "

"Very surprised at all of the negative ratings for Cabela's. I purchase most of my ammo from Cabela's. They are much cheaper than Bass Pro or Gander Mountain. I always receive my order in 2 to 3 business days and my order is always correct. I will continue to do business with Cabela's because my experiences have all been positive!"

"Overpriced, poor communication, unresponsive management, and horrible customer service. I would rather have wild animals chew off my arm than do business with Cabela's. "

"Booo. I ordered 4 sale items online, paid with a credit card, and even received a confirmation e-mail letting me know the expected arrival date. That date came and went, but I gave them an extra TWO days due to the recent snow. Still no delivery. I called today (talked to 5 people, disconnected once) to inquire and they told me the credit card billing address wasn't right. I asked why I didn't get a phone call or e-mail or anything. They apparently tried to call the wrong number. They had a whole lot of trouble actually finding the order as well. That took three people to do. It wasn't under my name (first and last), my phone number (which no one seems to know), or even the credit card number. They sure had no problem cancelling the order, though. That took about 4 seconds.

I'm not a frequent online shopper, but I know my way around...you know...update all your information and check it on the confirmation page so there's no problem. Never, ever, ever had any issues. Never.

This is the last time I'll be ordering anything from Cabela's and I didn't even get anything!

"Placed an order Dec 3 2014 ..order arrived in a timely manner for Christmas. .upon arrival one of the items was not what I intended and the other was too small..I returned the items one for full refund and the other for an exchange..knowing it would not be back for Christmas in was ok..However it's now been an entire month that cabelas has had my returns items and when I call weekly I was told my refund check was sent to me jan 2 2015 and that the other item was on back order..and would be available jan 8 2015 ..I call back today jan 16 2015 because I received an email confirming this and I am now frustrated that I don't have my refund or my exchange item..I called to inform customer service that i now want a full refund and was informed I haven't even been issued the first refund yet..ridiculous! ! It's been an entire month and nothing. .will not place another online order with cabelas.."

modified review This review was modified by tashagreene on January 16 2015 08:34:54 AM

"I've noticed for some time now Cabela's has cancelled several of my ordered items when they are purchased on sale. I have recently had this happen and gone in and double checked to find the items available at a higher price.

They have never given any notice by email or phone of the cancelled items. They just assume that you never check or say anything.

This has happened enough that I believe it's happening to others. If this is happening to you please comment as I'm checking with an attorney to see if a class action law suit would be possible.

"Cabelas unfortunately has changed their return policy. They now only warenty their products for 1 year WITH a receipt . I went today with a pair waders that are 1 year old. The knee pads are falling off them for no good reason . No tear just coming off (manufacturer defect). To make a long story short after a long discussion they said they agreed it was a manufacturer defect and would give me 101 dollars for them but no exchange because I did not have a receipt . I paid 230 1 year ago. I simply wanted replacement but they would not replace them. So to make a long story short they don't have a good warranty on their product any longer . Very disappointing what they have become.

modified review This review was modified by spear-it on January 01 2015 12:27:17 PM

"Terrible customer repore. Made a purchase on their internet site. Could have shipped to my house. Said for store pickup. When my wife went to pick it up it was not there. That would not be bad except we live 6 hours away. Most stores its either there or you have it sent to your house. They just kept going after paying and sending wife over while in town it was not there. I called they said there will be a phone call telling you it's in. I asked could you just change the order no. I have to drive 6 hours back to return it and she would be happy to order another one. Kiss my rear cabelas you or insane and jerks. That was after I called the actual store to make sure my wife could pick it up today. "

"I like Cabelas and have had good experiences with them several times. However, today as I tried to checkout, I somehow ended up signing up for a Paypal CREDIT product. I'm certain I should have been paying more attention, but I only meant to pay w/ Paypal... not signup for some kind of credit product. All this was built into Cabela's checkout, and felt super sneaky and underhanded to me... I'm guessing they get some kind of incentive for shoving their customers into that scheme... I'm very disappointed. I blame myself for not reading the details, but it was literally buried in the checkout process. Gross... be careful!"

Share Cabela's's store rating

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!