Product & services pricing Rating 3.54/10 3.54/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.92/10 1.92/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

Laurel, Montana

"I have been shopping at Cabela's in Billings, MT for a while now. My first gripe with the company is some of their sales people. One I had talked to was about the fact that all their rods and reels are made in China, her response was that you have to pay American workers to much. I felt like asking her if she would mind living on what a person in China makes doing her job. The next time I had decided I wanted to buy a Dutch oven and I had already decided on Lodge brand. One because they are a good product and two because Cabela's brand that is made in China has a poor rating, The clerk that waited on me sarcastically said I suppose you have to have an American product. My response was is there something wrong with that. The last straw was I order some CCI 22LR through the internet. The picture shown was copper coated bullets and the ones I received are lead.
I am tired of paying high prices in cabela's for crap made in a communist country. We have to support our own people.

"Online items will show one thing but if you are not careful when you place the order you will get a completely different item."

"It's my first time when i made an order from Cabela's , and definitely won't be the last. I got my fishing reel and braid faster than i expected , not even 2 weeks and it was in Romania with International Surface shipping.Package was perfect , and the products inside looks exacly how was in description , in perfect conditions. I am very satisfied with Cabela's and Customer Services from there . Best price together with shipping for any product !"

modified review This review was modified by Rumorux on October 21 2014 12:17:01 PM

" BEWARE OF CABELA’S NO RAIN-CHECK POLICY! Okay, this is a very narrow review of a recently-opened Cabela’s (Tualatin, OR). While I’ve known about Cabela’s for “decades”, this was my first visit to a Cabela’s store (given the current [to Oct. 5] sales flyer and a store now “only” 80 miles away.). The sale-item I came for (a high-end trail-camera) was out-of-stock. Two different associates told me that Cabela’s does NOT offer rain-checks. (Afterward, I did see that stated in small type on the back page of the flier.) But what a short-sighted policy, huh?! Engendering customer loyalty this is not. Well, others may wish to continue to shop at Cabela‘s, but “methinks” I will choose to go elsewhere in the future.

modified review This review was modified by 98672 on October 06 2014 08:40:02 AM

"I ordered a pair of Timberland boots online from Cabela's on 09/09/14 seeing they had a better price listed than Timberland.com and offered free shipping. The estimated shipping time was said to be 3-6 days but because they were shipping from the manufacturer it could take a few days more. It took nearly two WEEKS not to mention, I was never provided with a tracking number nor the carrier and had no way of tracking my package. In the meantime I contacted both Cabela's and Timberland. Cabela's knew nothing and the only thing they could do was contact the manufacturer and get back to me within 3-4 days. They didn't. I had to contact them again and once again, they knew nothing. Timberland on the other hand, said that it was in fact Cabela's who should provide me with more information. When the boots finally arrived, it turned out they weren't even the boots I ordered. A completely different model and color even though the packing slip from Cabela's had the right information on it. Customer service said they couldn't do anything, they couldn't even find the boots I received and had no idea why I got the wrong pair. They offered a free return shipping label but had no guarantees as to how long it would take for either a replacement or refund. Had to drive over an hour to the nearest Cabela's where I received a full refund just to be sure I wouldn't have to wait another two or more weeks. On the same day, I ordered my boots from Timberland.com - the next day I got a shipping confirmation and tracking number. Will not shop at Cabela's in the future. I'd rather pay the extra amount and be guaranteed a good service."

modified review This review was modified by mhannas on September 29 2014 11:52:28 AM

"I am very disappointed in my recent experience from Cabela's. I had ordered a winter coat for my daughter and was sent by the mistake of the company the wrong color coat. I called regarding the issue and was told to put on my return slip reason 47 (received the wrong item) and do not bill for return shipping. Today in an email I got confirmation they had received my return, but still charged me the return shipping amount.
When I had called to report the problem with my coat, the customer service agent seemed to be unknowledgeable of the procedure of Cabela's, he said all he could do was give me free shipping...no other discounts due to their error in shipping me the wrong product. But he could make sure I was not charged return shipping on the coat that was sent by mistake. Normally, in transactions I have had in the past, any company I have dealt with always makes a little extra effort to make my next purchase more appealing because they want to keep my business, by offering extra incentives, etc., NOT Cabela's, they not only made me feel like I was a nuisance to them when calling, but made me pay for the return shipping. I did have the service rep reorder the coat my daughter originally wanted and received free shipping, but I feel like they did not put forth the extra effort to make my previous transaction right without penalizing me. I am very disappointed in how my issue was resolved, although we did end up receiving the originally ordered coat, I feel like I was still taken advantage of in the process of having to return and pay for the shipping to get a partial refund back. Cabela's needs to make some changes in how their customers are treated.

modified review This review was modified by IMNOT2HAPPY on September 25 2014 07:51:31 AM

Cabela's User

"Very disappointed.... After much saving and researching the Tundra hip boots, I decided to purchase Cabelas version over others. One factor being the good products and customer service I have experienced with them in the past. When I placed the order, it showed them available, but later I was informed they were back ordered, then later I was informed they were discontinued, but a new more expensive version was available. Of course the new version had no reviews, and were unrated. When contacting customer service, their attitude was that it was my problem, not theirs. Never mind the several thousand dollars worth of purchases I have made in the past year. I guess my expectations were too high......."

"Shocking service http://www.cabelas.com
Made an order on the sounder. Paid, the seller has blocked the purchase amount. Then I received a letter from the store that the order be canceled because they can not receive confirmation from the bank. I contacted the bank, they said that there were no problems with their hand and gave me no operation code to transfer it to the seller. I gave the code to seller, they again turned on "idiot", if not how it can help me.
I asked the managers Cabela's when they unlock my money ? The answer is that in a few days. It's been 5 days, money is locked. Once again, I contacted Cabela's, asked about blocking money, they replied that they could not help me, because do not have such information.

When I asked who is competent in this matter and can help me, the manager just stopped communicating with me ....

P.s. If anyone doubts my word, I can provide correspondence with the managers of Cabelas. By the way, Amazon refunds for the canceled order on the same day.

modified review This review was modified by Maxim.Panin on August 12 2014 04:14:09 PM

"I'd like to share an experience I had with Cabela's to current and future customers. I've left a detailed review on their website, it has not yet been posted to the page. 3rd pair of these boots. Each previous pair lasted a good solid year before needing to be replaced. My husband is a plumber who wears these boots daily. He says they were comfortable and a good value at the price. The 3rd pair became defective 2 1/2 months into use. The soles began to detach from the boot. I called customer service and they told me to mail them (on my dime) to their returns department. I made sure they knew these boots were worked in for 2 1/2 months already and they said that was no problem. I packed them up and mailed them. A month later I received a reply that they would only give me half the value of the boots back in the form of a credit towards another pair or a store gift certificate. They agree that the soles were defective, however since the boots were not in great condition they would not give a full credit. Doesn't seem fair since my complaint was not the condition of the boot (upper leather area) it was that the SOLE was DETACHING from the boot prematurely. His boots had plumbing glue all over them because he works in them. This was only a cosmetic issue and didn't affect the boots function at all. AFterall, these boots are advertised as work boots. I returned a letter that said I would accept the $49 gift certificate if that's the best they had to offer, while expressing extreme disappointment that they are not fulfilling their warranty like they claim they will. A few weeks later I received an envelope with a gift certificate for $49, with no letter or any other explanation. That is extremely poor customer service. Not only were you not willing to fulfill your promised warranty on the boots you agreed were defective, you didn't have the courtesy to even attempt to reply to my letter addressing my concerns. If you manage to get a good pair of these boots, they're not bad, decent valued work boots. However, get a defective pair and you are out of luck. I will no longer shop at Cabela's and I will make an effort to share my experience with everyone I can."

modified review This review was modified by niki09 on August 12 2014 05:25:14 PM

"I was surprised that Cabelas had such a poor rating. My experiences were just the opposite .
I have probably place 50 or so orders in the last two years, and honestly have had no problems. Most were ammo and fishing
items. I did purchase a Lee Reloading system, decided I didn't
want it. I was able to return it hassle free.
When you place an order it ships the next business day. They send me a tracking #. UPS is always at my door on the due day.
I agree that some item are priced high,examples are their firearms. Many at retail prices .
But overall my experiences has been positive.

"Poor customer service...do not keep their gun library database up to date. Although customer service feeds you a typical "We Care" line to shut you up, I suspect it is the good ol boys internally and there is very little accountability"

"I ordered a coleman grill on cabela. So i waited for 1 week for my grill to arrived but no luck. I checked my order status on cabelas website only to find out that my order was cancelled. There was no email notification or even a phone call from the company that my order was cancelled. NOT goin to order or buy again from this company"

modified review This review was modified by anotherpissedoffcustomer on July 24 2014 02:44:38 AM

"We got a Cabelas card to earn points for free gear. Today I placed an order at Walmart using the Cabelas card and it was declined. While I am all behind efforts to stop fraudulent use of credit cards, there was no reason for the decline. It was just one of those random stops. Worse, I received no notification from Cabelas and had to call them while my order waited . . . and waited . . . and waited. I'm guessing 15 minutes went by while I was on hold and then, before customer service got to me, I was disconnected. Meanwhile, there I am, phone clamped to ear, order waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting . . . while I redial again, wait another 20 minutes until FINALLY I get a customer service rep on the phone who . . . cannot help me and has to transfer me to another number. The good news is that the order finally cleared after what I suspect was 40 minutes on the phone.
Later, I tried to contact Cabelas credit card by email to kindly let them know that while I appreciate the attempt to stop fraud, they can't leave their customers stranded with no way to reach them. Unfortunately, there is no email address on the credit card site where you can contact them. Only that same phone number where you have to wait . . . wait . . . wait. . . So I'm letting Cabelas know about my experience here.

modified review This review was modified by JoeMiller10 on July 20 2014 03:49:23 AM

"We went into Cabelas the other night looking for some camping items and ammo. When we got there we were shocked at how over priced this place is. They wanted 50.00 for a cast iron dutch oven made by Lodge. Seriously?! I can get the same one at Target for twenty dollars less, and thats not on sale! When we went to the ammo department we found they wanted 20.00 for a box of 50 rounds of .22lr. WHAT?! I can get 500 rounds of the same brand and model at another store for 80.00! I will never do business here! Their prices are out of control!"

modified review This review was modified by itsamidge on June 15 2014 08:07:03 PM

"I requested to cancel as soon as I ordered, but they said the items will be shipped out from warehouse, so they cannot cancel it. Return shipping includes upon arrival, but you still need to pay $7.5. Cabela's is a useless company!! I want to give them no star"

modified review This review was modified by TadTan on March 17 2014 07:42:42 PM

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!