Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I ordered a coleman grill on cabela. So i waited for 1 week for my grill to arrived but no luck. I checked my order status on cabelas website only to find out that my order was cancelled. There was no email notification or even a phone call from the company that my order was cancelled. NOT goin to order or buy again from this company"

modified review This review was modified by anotherpissedoffcustomer on July 24 2014 02:44:38 AM

"We got a Cabelas card to earn points for free gear. Today I placed an order at Walmart using the Cabelas card and it was declined. While I am all behind efforts to stop fraudulent use of credit cards, there was no reason for the decline. It was just one of those random stops. Worse, I received no notification from Cabelas and had to call them while my order waited . . . and waited . . . and waited. I'm guessing 15 minutes went by while I was on hold and then, before customer service got to me, I was disconnected. Meanwhile, there I am, phone clamped to ear, order waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting . . . while I redial again, wait another 20 minutes until FINALLY I get a customer service rep on the phone who . . . cannot help me and has to transfer me to another number. The good news is that the order finally cleared after what I suspect was 40 minutes on the phone.
Later, I tried to contact Cabelas credit card by email to kindly let them know that while I appreciate the attempt to stop fraud, they can't leave their customers stranded with no way to reach them. Unfortunately, there is no email address on the credit card site where you can contact them. Only that same phone number where you have to wait . . . wait . . . wait. . . So I'm letting Cabelas know about my experience here.

modified review This review was modified by JoeMiller10 on July 20 2014 03:49:23 AM

"We went into Cabelas the other night looking for some camping items and ammo. When we got there we were shocked at how over priced this place is. They wanted 50.00 for a cast iron dutch oven made by Lodge. Seriously?! I can get the same one at Target for twenty dollars less, and thats not on sale! When we went to the ammo department we found they wanted 20.00 for a box of 50 rounds of .22lr. WHAT?! I can get 500 rounds of the same brand and model at another store for 80.00! I will never do business here! Their prices are out of control!"

modified review This review was modified by itsamidge on June 15 2014 08:07:03 PM

"I requested to cancel as soon as I ordered, but they said the items will be shipped out from warehouse, so they cannot cancel it. Return shipping includes upon arrival, but you still need to pay $7.5. Cabela's is a useless company!! I want to give them no star"

modified review This review was modified by TadTan on March 17 2014 07:42:42 PM

"I discovered a charge on my card to this company for $134.99. I had never heard of Cabela. I called my bank and they directed me to call Cabela about it. I was directed to Cabela's "fraud department" which is probably just another customer service rep or their supervisor.

She was friendly at first but when I started asking questions she didn't want to disclose anything. She kept telling me it was against the "law". I told her that if her company charged me, surely I have the right to know who I was supposed to have sent the order to. She kept telling me it was against the "law".

I kept asking her, if this was a company policy or state or federal law. She just repeated it was the "law" which is a clear sign someone is lying. She finally admitted it was a "company law" not a state or federal law.

In my opinion, Cabela apparently is an accessory to this crime of fraud since it seems to be hiding the criminal under a "law" it has made up. It has instructed it's employees to tell people calling in about fraudulent charges it is against the "law" to disclose any information. This was clear duplicity, in my opinion.

I have never heard of this company. I tend to deal only with reputable companies.

modified review This review was modified by GrafxExtreme on January 14 2014 06:08:11 PM

"GreatGreat price on a pocketknife. Quick shipping, but unfortunately they use usps for their regular shipper. I didn't know that or would have upgraded to ups, or gone elsewhere, I'm not sure.
Arrived a day after it was supposed to, DUE to post office, not Cabela's.

The only bad thing is I've received 7 emails and ads from Cabela's just from 1 order. They are one of those companies who spam you to death so watch out for that.....

Otherwise, very happy

"Ordered on 12/13 for birthday/christmas gift for my brother. Order was split up into several shipments, and since marked as a gift I could not track packages. Come to find out one of the items (fishing lure) was backordered, although when order was placed no items I ordered were on backorder. There was no notification from Cabelas that the lure was backordered, or to find out what I wanted to do. Had I known I would have picked something in stock to ensure timely arrival. I called four times on Saturday the 21st to resolve and to have them overnight me I needed the item for the holiday. They wanted me to pay shipping. Finally one customer service worker said they would put a note on it to overnight and to try to call back on Monday. Low and behold item was shipped out via post office, and won't make it in time. I am extremely upset with Cabelas and how nobody seemed to be able to do anything for me. Ridiculous, and I will be buying my brothers fishing gear elsewhere in the future."

modified review This review was modified by josepheodell on December 23 2013 09:22:47 AM

"Always a great merchant! Just bought a NorthFace fleece for my daughter.

"Ordered Keen Revel
Previously wrote a negative review, but my problem started resolved.
True, it took more than a week and very spoiled my mood.

Thanks Alana agent for solving the problem !

modified review This review was modified by Priestby on December 16 2013 01:23:59 PM

"I have dealt with Cabelas for over thirty years. Their customer service used to be excellent. One could rely on them to correct their mistakes in a timely manner. This year (Dec. 2013) is my last year dealing with them. Their computers are messed up, their return process takes days and their staff is nonchalant about problems they have created for their customers. "

modified review This review was modified by jakejumper on December 11 2013 08:21:10 AM

"I ordered 6 items online, signed up for the CLUB visa and rewards account. All items were in stock when order was placed but 5 were later cancelled due to having been discontinued. Now I have a credit card for a cr*p store that I'm never going to use. I wish I had checked on resellerratings.com first."

modified review This review was modified by Scott127 on November 27 2013 11:55:28 AM

"Ordered goose decoys before the hunting season. Ordered 9-15-13. received email that the item was backordered and expected to arrive 8-25-13. I thought I was in good shape.Then received another email stating item was on backorder and expected 10-15. I decided to wait. On 10-30 i called and asked about the decoys. They said they are still backordered and dont have a date. I asked to change to different decoys. They told me that I would need to pay any diference in price by the switch. I asked for somethign comperable and they stated the same thing. Finally I gave up and said I would wait. 11-12 i get an emial stating the item is still abckordered and would i like to cancel my order. I called again and asked if i could switch decoys and received same story. They told me that the decoys that I ordered were slated for delivery on 11-12. Why would they ask me to cancel an oreder that was due in on the same day?? So i decided to wait again since they wont throw $20 bucks my way for good customer service by moving me to a different decoy that they actually have which costs $20 more. I refuse to pay the extra for the fact that I have waited over 2 months for my order and if I wanted to spend the extra money...i would already have my decoys in hand. Very frustrating...I have happily dealt with Cabelas for over 20 years but now I will never deal with Cabelas again. They have zero customer appreciation."

modified review This review was modified by duckdogs3 on November 12 2013 12:17:02 PM

"I purchased a Thompson Center Muzzleloader from Cabela's. on the 30th or so shot (sighting it in, find right load), as I was closing the trigger guard to lock the mechanism... it broke off! Now this is not cabela's fault, however, I purchased from cabela's cuz I believed that they stood behind the products they sell, Not the case. This purchase happened to be the "all sales are final" kind. Read the fine print, better to purchase locally.... Buyer beware. Fool me once... Right!?!"

modified review This review was modified by louie1207 on October 10 2013 03:30:12 PM

"Very friendly service, and the sales are often excellent. The service is not as good as what you'll get from a good, local gun shop or archery shop, which is one reason I prefer to shop locally when I can. (Support local business people to keep your local economy going, and so they will be there when you need them!) But sometimes I need to do mail order, especially where I live. The PROBLEM is that their shipping can take forever. Two days after I ordered some items, I hadn't received any shipping notification, so I called. They said the item hadn't shipped yet but would definitely go out in the morning. Two more days later, no notification, so I called again. This time they said they had no way of telling for sure whether or not it had gone out (so what was the other guy talking about?) but that so far there was no tracking number listed, which suggests to me that it really hadn't shipped yet. NOT the first time I've experienced slow shipping from Cabela's, which is why I'm keeping on their tail. SO.... not bad for some purposes, but customer support is so-so and shipping can be dreadfully slow."

modified review This review was modified by diulin on September 15 2013 08:40:28 AM

"Horrible Experience and Big Letdown. I ordered camping gear for my two children for camp and paid for expedited shipping so that it would get there on time when they reach camp. The store confirmed receipt of the order but when my kids arrived at camp the gear had not arrived. When I called Cabela's they told me that my bank had not approved the payment although the credit card is fine. The sum to be paid was not high at all and I had many other payments on the same credit card that went through without any problems whatsoever but this one was delayed for some reason. My main grievance was directed to the fact that Cabela's did not bother to inform me at all that there is any delay with the approval of the payment and the shipment. Had they notified me I could have cleared it up right away. Because of this the shipment was delayed and did not arrive on time, and all this while Cabela's knew that expedited shipment had been paid for and requested. As a result my kids did not have the required gear for a sleep away, outdoor activities camp and we had to run around and organize all of this on an urgent basis. When I cancelled the order Cabela's wrote to me that I had "changed my mind"! - such 'chutzpa'. I will never order from them again and hope that others won't either. "

modified review This review was modified by meirf on July 10 2013 01:15:07 AM

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!