Stores > Cabela's

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.69/10 4.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-01-07

"I sent a jacket I purchased for my son to exchange. The customer purchase person kept repeating "It will be two to three weeks before the exchange will be received", I told her that I know from UPS tracking that the jacket has been received by Cabela's two days ago, nothing in the system, the continued repeating of the same thing although I had stated twice that the jacket has been received by Cabela's. Clearly customer service is trained to repeat, repeat, repeat, no matter what the customer asks. I will not order again through Cabela's, I would rather pay more locally that get the run around."

This review was modified by DeborahGrasvik on January 07 2016 03:00:58 PM

2016-01-07

"I ordered a product online from Cabela for delivery to store on 12/29/2015. I received an email confirming the sale. A few days later I checked the order status online and found that the status was "Cancelled". I called Customer Service and was told they were "Out of Stock" and that they do not inform customers that orders have been cancelled if the order was for "delivery to store". Here it is less then 10 days from when they cancelled the order that they have the product back for sale but at 25% more then the price they had back in December. Very deceptive practice."

2015-12-28

"My question required immediate attention from a CSR because it involved an expired free shipping code that was only 1 day past at the time of my inquiry.
After not receiving any response via email, I called the customer service phone number and was un-lucky enough to get the CSR from HELL, who refused to help me whatsoever!!!
As my concern stated, I had 2 items in my cart for 2 days without knowing when the free shipping code expired and to my surprise, it expired the day before I went back to the cart to purchase it. Had many things going on at the time (before Christmas) and simply forgot to complete the purchase. Received a reminder email from Cabelas on Sunday 12/20/15 that the items were still in the cart and when I went to purchase them thats when I discovered the free shipping deal was no longer available. Tried to get someone in customer service to help me get the free shipping to no avail. So, I purchased the items from Gander Mountain and got an even better deal because they not only price match competitors, but they also give an extra 10% discount. I wont be shopping at Cabelas anymore because of this incident and their lack of
response to correct the situation. Now I see why there are so many bad reviews online about Cabelas (LACK OF) customer service.

This review was modified by willyd21 on December 28 2015 03:12:20 PM

2015-12-23

"I do NOT recommend purchasing from Cabela's online store. Worst experience i have ever had.

Bought a pair of gloves from their website, and received the standard operating procedure of confirmation. It says "you should receive a tracking number within 5 days". I waited for 10, nothing happened.

I emailed them, asking of the product whereabouts, they responded a day later with a UPS Tracking Number and i found out they had shipped the product to US when i live in Singapore.
Dissatisfied, I asked for a refund. They emailed me back saying
"We have contacted our enhanced shipping partner to get further information as to where your package is, and will contact you with the information we receive".
Not only do they not admit they screwed up the whole order, they refuse not to give me a refund.
Online stores like these really give e-commerce a bad name.
Order from Cabela's only if you choose to have your money spent on delivery screw-ups.
Once the money goes through, they can't give a rats ass on whether ur product gets through.

This review was modified by Cabelashitfest on December 23 2015 03:37:33 PM

2015-11-21

"This is the worst retail/online store I have ever dealt with. I ordered a pair of Merrill shoes, received their confirmation saying they would be in contact when the shoes arrived at the local store. I called the store to check delivery and they said the order was cancelled by them. I called Cabella's customer service and they said the same. Never was I contacted to let me know the order was cancelled. This has now happened to me twice in the last 2 years. This is an example of a retail corporation not caring, much like Comcast in communications. I will never give Cabella my business and will not ever give them my recommendation."

2015-11-14

"This is a review of Cabela Canada's policies. No idea what they may be like in the US, but this was my experience here. I have recently gotten in to hunting with my husband, and we just happened to be up in Barrie for a wedding in August. Which had to mean a trip to Cabela's! I was so excited to visit the retailer because of everything I had been looking at online. This is quite a trek for us, probably about 2.5 hours, so I wasn't getting there often.

Because I am new to the sport, I needed to buy A LOT of stuff. We spent a considerable amount that day, including on brand new cold weather gear for deer hunting for me. I loved the look of the OutfitHER line! It's just gotten cold enough to use it, and I had it on the other day for the first time. Huge disappointment! I might as well have been wearing plastic bags and banging pots together for how loud the material was. Not something I noticed in store because of how loud the store was.

When we called Cabela's about returning, because my husband was driving up that way, they told us we had three months from the purchase date. We were within that period, but that is still a bit of a short time considering the store sells product that you might buy in the spring but can't use until the winter hunt.

Either way, my husband took it back , tags and all, today. He didn't have the receipt, but did have our credit card statement from the purchase, again as well as the original tags.

Where the disappointment comes in. Cabela's is currently having a sale on this gear. So they only returned the amount of the sale price, not the full price purchase! Despite the fact this is a return for product dissatisfaction, and we clearly spent much higher on the product, the policy of Cabela's would not return at full price. The worst part was we only wanted store credit so I could turn around and purchase new gear, which was more expensive even then the full price of my original suit. And I would have spent the additional money to get the new product.

Now I do not even have enough to come close to the purchase of my new product. Because of this experience I will most definitely only use the store credit down to the cent, and will not be returning to Cabela's for gear in the future. Bass Pro has a much better return policy, as does SAIL, a Canadian outfitter.

Hugely disappointed by the poor policy

This review was modified by cnaitken1 on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-10-16

"I've been a loyal patron of Cabela's since the '90s. Originally, they gained my business by selling great stuff. I could go into a store and buy with confidence. My original purchases were 100% satisfying, and most of it lasted 15 to 20 years!

They've declined a bit. I saw the writing on the wall awhile back when I saw cheap goods being offered in a sales paper. Okay, they need to open themselves to a wider market, fine. The problem with that is that I can no longer buy from Cabela's with the same level of confidence. There goes the original attraction.

Now, here's the really disapointing part. Cabela's branded products! Of the last 6 items I've purchased with their name on it, 3 have been cheap/defective: 1 pair of logging boots with mismatched sole sizes; 1 pair of water-proof hunting boots...that leaked like sieves; two chamois shirts that shrunk, pinched/pulled, like cheap discount store garbage! To be fair, the good as well: fleece vest; Trail Gear seat cover (I'm a trucker, seat covers last a month usually, this one 3 months and counting, not a dent); and socks.

I now ignore any clothing or footware with their name on it. It isn't worth the risk or disappointment.

There is still a lot of great stuff at Cabela's though. And, their customer service and returns policy are second to none!

Still, all things considered, Cabela's is now my 2nd, or perhaps 3rd, stop. Pity.

There you go: the good, the bad, the ugly!

2015-10-11

"I own a barnett quad 400 crossbow and I've tryed to post a negative review on there website but they won't post it because it doesn't make them look good so I'll just leave this here the past 3 years my bow had split the limbs and every year I miss deer season and now they say it's out of warranty so they won't fix it not getting into details but I would not buy a barnett bow unless you wanna miss deer season or end up in the hospital."

2015-10-03

"I ordered bedding for my new home. The quality is great, fits as well as promised. Great value, lower price than anywhere else I compared this particular quilt to. It shipped right away, I had it within six working days. Free shipping didn't hurt either!"

This review was modified by MandyMR on October 03 2015 10:22:53 AM

2015-10-02

"My FITS socks have arrived. Best sock ever made people! Especially if you prefer a sock that doesn't slip down your calf. A few years back Cabela's rep David Olson turned me on to the Heavy Wader Rugged OTC (that would be "over the calf" in sock apparel lingo). I reached out to David when I was working for FedEx Ground in Minnesota. It was a challenge to keep my feet dry and warm during the winter months and David hooked me up with FITS. No more cold feet. I'm done with FedEx but not with FITS. I needed to reload for this winter and David directed me to Cabela's online store. I even got free shipping. How cool is that? These are quite literally the most comfortable socks I have ever worn. And I believe my postman Mark would agree. Yes, I find that FITS also make for great tips! "

2015-09-20

"Cancel my order with any reason given."

This review was modified by indyhsu on September 20 2015 04:12:54 AM

2015-09-08

"Ordered 1000 rounds of ammo. With the labor day sale and a coupon code, I got a very deal on it. I've ordered from Cabela's multiple times with good results. Shipping is fast, and I get what I ordered. I'm very surprised to see negative reviews here. Cabela's is one of my go to online retailers to buy ammo. "

2015-08-13

"Cabelas stores are poorly staffed as a result of quarterly earnings. The Gun Library in Lone Tree is a joke. I brought a gun in for purchase by them. They offered me $175 on a gun that had never been fired new in box and was purchased in February for $384. Took it to a competitor and got $330."

2015-08-07

"They sent me a email saying I was approved for a cebelas credit card. I looked at a few things online. I put them in my cart to see what the total order whould be. There website was messing up. I tried to delete the iteams . I called her site was down to doing updates she said. Fine then I git a order confermation in my email. Thanks for your order it was put on my Cabelas card. I tried to cancle the order but she said they was already prossed and chould not be canceled. I said I whould return them when I got them she said they where on sale iteams sold there is as is no returns exchange only. how do you order whith a card you don't have yet. not again I will cancel the card when the iteams are paid off. And shred the card. I thought of buying more from them guess I go back to Bass pro shop or sportsmans Guide have good like whith them. "

This review was modified by pickupman212 on August 08 2015 05:13:54 AM

2015-08-01

"What a joke. Thought about ordering a small boat but their price was a little higher so the sales rep told me not to worry they match all competitor prices. So i did research on competitor prices called them back be cause walmart sold it cheaper but temp out of stock. So they they said it had to be in stock for them to match. Ok im good with that, until i found Rural King with it in stock. Now the story changed to it has to be in a store with in 100 miles. I was fine with them being the higher price , but not tryng to sell me on a deal they were not will to go through with. They just wasted 2 days of my time. "

Share Cabela's's store rating

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!