Product & services pricing Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

Cabela's User

"Very disappointed.... After much saving and researching the Tundra hip boots, I decided to purchase Cabelas version over others. One factor being the good products and customer service I have experienced with them in the past. When I placed the order, it showed them available, but later I was informed they were back ordered, then later I was informed they were discontinued, but a new more expensive version was available. Of course the new version had no reviews, and were unrated. When contacting customer service, their attitude was that it was my problem, not theirs. Never mind the several thousand dollars worth of purchases I have made in the past year. I guess my expectations were too high......."

"Shocking service http://www.cabelas.com
Made an order on the sounder. Paid, the seller has blocked the purchase amount. Then I received a letter from the store that the order be canceled because they can not receive confirmation from the bank. I contacted the bank, they said that there were no problems with their hand and gave me no operation code to transfer it to the seller. I gave the code to seller, they again turned on "idiot", if not how it can help me.
I asked the managers Cabela's when they unlock my money ? The answer is that in a few days. It's been 5 days, money is locked. Once again, I contacted Cabela's, asked about blocking money, they replied that they could not help me, because do not have such information.

When I asked who is competent in this matter and can help me, the manager just stopped communicating with me ....

P.s. If anyone doubts my word, I can provide correspondence with the managers of Cabelas. By the way, Amazon refunds for the canceled order on the same day.

modified review This review was modified by Maxim.Panin on August 12 2014 04:14:09 PM

"I'd like to share an experience I had with Cabela's to current and future customers. I've left a detailed review on their website, it has not yet been posted to the page. 3rd pair of these boots. Each previous pair lasted a good solid year before needing to be replaced. My husband is a plumber who wears these boots daily. He says they were comfortable and a good value at the price. The 3rd pair became defective 2 1/2 months into use. The soles began to detach from the boot. I called customer service and they told me to mail them (on my dime) to their returns department. I made sure they knew these boots were worked in for 2 1/2 months already and they said that was no problem. I packed them up and mailed them. A month later I received a reply that they would only give me half the value of the boots back in the form of a credit towards another pair or a store gift certificate. They agree that the soles were defective, however since the boots were not in great condition they would not give a full credit. Doesn't seem fair since my complaint was not the condition of the boot (upper leather area) it was that the SOLE was DETACHING from the boot prematurely. His boots had plumbing glue all over them because he works in them. This was only a cosmetic issue and didn't affect the boots function at all. AFterall, these boots are advertised as work boots. I returned a letter that said I would accept the $49 gift certificate if that's the best they had to offer, while expressing extreme disappointment that they are not fulfilling their warranty like they claim they will. A few weeks later I received an envelope with a gift certificate for $49, with no letter or any other explanation. That is extremely poor customer service. Not only were you not willing to fulfill your promised warranty on the boots you agreed were defective, you didn't have the courtesy to even attempt to reply to my letter addressing my concerns. If you manage to get a good pair of these boots, they're not bad, decent valued work boots. However, get a defective pair and you are out of luck. I will no longer shop at Cabela's and I will make an effort to share my experience with everyone I can."

modified review This review was modified by niki09 on August 12 2014 05:25:14 PM

"I was surprised that Cabelas had such a poor rating. My experiences were just the opposite .
I have probably place 50 or so orders in the last two years, and honestly have had no problems. Most were ammo and fishing
items. I did purchase a Lee Reloading system, decided I didn't
want it. I was able to return it hassle free.
When you place an order it ships the next business day. They send me a tracking #. UPS is always at my door on the due day.
I agree that some item are priced high,examples are their firearms. Many at retail prices .
But overall my experiences has been positive.

"Poor customer service...do not keep their gun library database up to date. Although customer service feeds you a typical "We Care" line to shut you up, I suspect it is the good ol boys internally and there is very little accountability"

"I ordered a coleman grill on cabela. So i waited for 1 week for my grill to arrived but no luck. I checked my order status on cabelas website only to find out that my order was cancelled. There was no email notification or even a phone call from the company that my order was cancelled. NOT goin to order or buy again from this company"

modified review This review was modified by anotherpissedoffcustomer on July 24 2014 02:44:38 AM

"We got a Cabelas card to earn points for free gear. Today I placed an order at Walmart using the Cabelas card and it was declined. While I am all behind efforts to stop fraudulent use of credit cards, there was no reason for the decline. It was just one of those random stops. Worse, I received no notification from Cabelas and had to call them while my order waited . . . and waited . . . and waited. I'm guessing 15 minutes went by while I was on hold and then, before customer service got to me, I was disconnected. Meanwhile, there I am, phone clamped to ear, order waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting . . . while I redial again, wait another 20 minutes until FINALLY I get a customer service rep on the phone who . . . cannot help me and has to transfer me to another number. The good news is that the order finally cleared after what I suspect was 40 minutes on the phone.
Later, I tried to contact Cabelas credit card by email to kindly let them know that while I appreciate the attempt to stop fraud, they can't leave their customers stranded with no way to reach them. Unfortunately, there is no email address on the credit card site where you can contact them. Only that same phone number where you have to wait . . . wait . . . wait. . . So I'm letting Cabelas know about my experience here.

modified review This review was modified by JoeMiller10 on July 20 2014 03:49:23 AM

"We went into Cabelas the other night looking for some camping items and ammo. When we got there we were shocked at how over priced this place is. They wanted 50.00 for a cast iron dutch oven made by Lodge. Seriously?! I can get the same one at Target for twenty dollars less, and thats not on sale! When we went to the ammo department we found they wanted 20.00 for a box of 50 rounds of .22lr. WHAT?! I can get 500 rounds of the same brand and model at another store for 80.00! I will never do business here! Their prices are out of control!"

modified review This review was modified by itsamidge on June 15 2014 08:07:03 PM

"I requested to cancel as soon as I ordered, but they said the items will be shipped out from warehouse, so they cannot cancel it. Return shipping includes upon arrival, but you still need to pay $7.5. Cabela's is a useless company!! I want to give them no star"

modified review This review was modified by TadTan on March 17 2014 07:42:42 PM

"I discovered a charge on my card to this company for $134.99. I had never heard of Cabela. I called my bank and they directed me to call Cabela about it. I was directed to Cabela's "fraud department" which is probably just another customer service rep or their supervisor.

She was friendly at first but when I started asking questions she didn't want to disclose anything. She kept telling me it was against the "law". I told her that if her company charged me, surely I have the right to know who I was supposed to have sent the order to. She kept telling me it was against the "law".

I kept asking her, if this was a company policy or state or federal law. She just repeated it was the "law" which is a clear sign someone is lying. She finally admitted it was a "company law" not a state or federal law.

In my opinion, Cabela apparently is an accessory to this crime of fraud since it seems to be hiding the criminal under a "law" it has made up. It has instructed it's employees to tell people calling in about fraudulent charges it is against the "law" to disclose any information. This was clear duplicity, in my opinion.

I have never heard of this company. I tend to deal only with reputable companies.

modified review This review was modified by GrafxExtreme on January 14 2014 06:08:11 PM

"GreatGreat price on a pocketknife. Quick shipping, but unfortunately they use usps for their regular shipper. I didn't know that or would have upgraded to ups, or gone elsewhere, I'm not sure.
Arrived a day after it was supposed to, DUE to post office, not Cabela's.

The only bad thing is I've received 7 emails and ads from Cabela's just from 1 order. They are one of those companies who spam you to death so watch out for that.....

Otherwise, very happy

"Ordered on 12/13 for birthday/christmas gift for my brother. Order was split up into several shipments, and since marked as a gift I could not track packages. Come to find out one of the items (fishing lure) was backordered, although when order was placed no items I ordered were on backorder. There was no notification from Cabelas that the lure was backordered, or to find out what I wanted to do. Had I known I would have picked something in stock to ensure timely arrival. I called four times on Saturday the 21st to resolve and to have them overnight me I needed the item for the holiday. They wanted me to pay shipping. Finally one customer service worker said they would put a note on it to overnight and to try to call back on Monday. Low and behold item was shipped out via post office, and won't make it in time. I am extremely upset with Cabelas and how nobody seemed to be able to do anything for me. Ridiculous, and I will be buying my brothers fishing gear elsewhere in the future."

modified review This review was modified by josepheodell on December 23 2013 09:22:47 AM

"Always a great merchant! Just bought a NorthFace fleece for my daughter.

"Ordered Keen Revel
Previously wrote a negative review, but my problem started resolved.
True, it took more than a week and very spoiled my mood.

Thanks Alana agent for solving the problem !

modified review This review was modified by Priestby on December 16 2013 01:23:59 PM

"I have dealt with Cabelas for over thirty years. Their customer service used to be excellent. One could rely on them to correct their mistakes in a timely manner. This year (Dec. 2013) is my last year dealing with them. Their computers are messed up, their return process takes days and their staff is nonchalant about problems they have created for their customers. "

modified review This review was modified by jakejumper on December 11 2013 08:21:10 AM

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!