Product & services pricing Rating 3.38/10 3.38/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.70/10 1.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.46/10 1.46/10

"Placed an order Dec 3 2014 ..order arrived in a timely manner for Christmas. .upon arrival one of the items was not what I intended and the other was too small..I returned the items one for full refund and the other for an exchange..knowing it would not be back for Christmas in was ok..However it's now been an entire month that cabelas has had my returns items and when I call weekly I was told my refund check was sent to me jan 2 2015 and that the other item was on back order..and would be available jan 8 2015 ..I call back today jan 16 2015 because I received an email confirming this and I am now frustrated that I don't have my refund or my exchange item..I called to inform customer service that i now want a full refund and was informed I haven't even been issued the first refund yet..ridiculous! ! It's been an entire month and nothing. .will not place another online order with cabelas.."

modified review This review was modified by tashagreene on January 16 2015 08:34:54 AM

"I've noticed for some time now Cabela's has cancelled several of my ordered items when they are purchased on sale. I have recently had this happen and gone in and double checked to find the items available at a higher price.

They have never given any notice by email or phone of the cancelled items. They just assume that you never check or say anything.

This has happened enough that I believe it's happening to others. If this is happening to you please comment as I'm checking with an attorney to see if a class action law suit would be possible.

"Cabelas unfortunately has changed their return policy. They now only warenty their products for 1 year WITH a receipt . I went today with a pair waders that are 1 year old. The knee pads are falling off them for no good reason . No tear just coming off (manufacturer defect). To make a long story short after a long discussion they said they agreed it was a manufacturer defect and would give me 101 dollars for them but no exchange because I did not have a receipt . I paid 230 1 year ago. I simply wanted replacement but they would not replace them. So to make a long story short they don't have a good warranty on their product any longer . Very disappointing what they have become.

modified review This review was modified by spear-it on January 01 2015 12:27:17 PM

"Terrible customer repore. Made a purchase on their internet site. Could have shipped to my house. Said for store pickup. When my wife went to pick it up it was not there. That would not be bad except we live 6 hours away. Most stores its either there or you have it sent to your house. They just kept going after paying and sending wife over while in town it was not there. I called they said there will be a phone call telling you it's in. I asked could you just change the order no. I have to drive 6 hours back to return it and she would be happy to order another one. Kiss my rear cabelas you or insane and jerks. That was after I called the actual store to make sure my wife could pick it up today. "

"I like Cabelas and have had good experiences with them several times. However, today as I tried to checkout, I somehow ended up signing up for a Paypal CREDIT product. I'm certain I should have been paying more attention, but I only meant to pay w/ Paypal... not signup for some kind of credit product. All this was built into Cabela's checkout, and felt super sneaky and underhanded to me... I'm guessing they get some kind of incentive for shoving their customers into that scheme... I'm very disappointed. I blame myself for not reading the details, but it was literally buried in the checkout process. Gross... be careful!"

"Hmm I am little confuse why Cabelas has so much negative reviews. I had onely positive and easy conversation with customer support, never heard any appropriate from them. Keep working good!"

"Cabelas recently had some original SIG pistol magazines on sale for $22.49 that I place three orders for. Two were place on Monday for backordered items that they were still accepting orders for and a third was placed on Tuesday for items which were listed as in stock. All were for reasonable quantities for personal use. They did not authorize my credit card for the backorders but did for the items that were in stock. The following day I received an email stating the the in stock item order was now on backorder until 3/25/15. These items were the ones I needed most urgently and after three chats throughout the day and evening and their reinforcement of this I ended up cancelling that order and leaving my first two on backorder. Now this morning I checked again and the items for the order I cancelled are listed as in stock in quantities well above what I ordered, at a higher price of course. There are also people on a forum I'm a member of that are reporting that some of them are receiving their orders and others are not. Not only is this dishonest, it is deceptive, poor business ethics, and fraudulent. I also called their corporate office and they claimed that the disclaimers on their website supports their actions and that it was supposed to be a "one day sale". Nowhere did it say this on the product page as I have screen shots. We'll guess what, I ordered on that "day" and now they also cancelled my two backorders from that day. Suffice it to say that I plan to put together all my chat transcripts, order confirmation emails, and credit card account info and send it to my State Attorney's office for their review and consideration as well as any other consumer complaint venues I can pursue and post. I highly discourage anyone thinking of doing business with them as they are not willing to own up to their promises, purchase agreements, or legal obligations."

"(This is my report to the competition bureau of Canada - Dec. 10, 2014)

In a most recent flyers, Cabela's advertised a Commercial-grade vacuum sealer (15", Item #43771) at the price of $299.99.
I had placed that order along with a number of other items, including consumables (bags) on November 30th. A subsequent email let me know that it was backordered.
I recevied a portion of the order, including the consumable bags.
Today (Dec. 10th) Cabela's notified me by email that the vacuum sealer was no longer available. Additionally, no replacement item would be offered, and my funds would be refunded.
When i called the toll-free number, the representative said that they will not be honoring the flyer item as the item was no longer available due to "high order demand".
I mentioned that a replacement model was listed on their website (model #81740) at a price of $499.99. They mentioned that this item would not be subsituted. I mentioned if this was the policy on the shortage as per their instruction, and they confirmed it was.

This is a classic "bait & switch" type of marketing and is unacceptable in the Canadian marketplace.
I have ad-hoc information that nearly 100 Canadian Consumers have been affected in this exact same way. If you are one that is affected, please contact me so we may consider class-action legal recourse.
(mitchgolay@hotmail.com)
I strongly believe that this company is in violation of the competition act, such that consumers such as myself have suffered the following damages:
1) Acquisition of funds & money without delivery of product.
2) bank-rolling and/or holding of funds for a term without refund of interest on said held funds
3) Delay of consumer purchase from a competitor's list or sale item(s) with false or incorrect advertisement (see Competition Act)
4) Destruction or degredation of wild game quality and/or quantity due to negligence of the Company. (The price of acquisition of wild game is impossible to tabulate)

As a Canadian citizen, consumer as well as business person, i feel this is completely unacceptable for our marketplace. Please investigate, and persecute the applicable partie(s) involved in these LIES and DECEPTION that are uncalled for and unfair to other businesses and consumers.

modified review This review was modified by mgolay on December 18 2014 08:23:13 AM

"Cabela's Fort Worth I stood in line 1 hour and 10 minutes to pay for a shotgun purchase. Had it be for me I would have said forget it but it was for a gift. Management knew they had a long wait but getting you to sign up for a Cabela's credit card was more important than customer service. The two clerks I talked to were Great! This is on management."

"Just got sale paper today and sale does not start until 11/27/14 so I go online to look at sunglasses that were to be on sale and it said SOLD OUT (sale was not suppose to start for two days mind you) I contacted them about it and was told their sorry but the sale started on the 24th and they were all gone. BULLS***!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by brenda62tr on November 25 2014 10:30:11 AM

"Ordered a magazine for my Savage Axis rifle on the 9th. Chose free shipping to store. Stated it would take 5-8 business days for the item to arrive. It is day 7 thought that since the piece is smaller than the palm of my hand it wouldn't take the full 8 days. Low and behold I call to see if it has arrived at the store yet and am told it won't arrive for another two days. So much for 5-8. I cancelled my order out of principle. I hate it when a retailer promises something and doesn't deliver. Something so basic lost them a customer for good. I will keep shopping at Gander Mountain. "

modified review This review was modified by Golffishhunt on November 18 2014 04:16:54 PM

"I'm finished with Cabela's. They sent me two shirts ("Loden" and "Foliage") that would are supposed to be different colors. They're not--they're exactly the same. I called customer service to point out the problem and exchange the shirt for one of a different style. Instead of saying, "Very sorry, we'll ship you that other shirt out today and correct our catalogue," the service person says, "Just return that shirt, fill out the exchange form, and tell them you think you shouldn't have to pay shipping either way." Okay, so I do that.

Shipping notice arrives via email, and I discover they've sent out the wrong shirt. I call Customer service. Lady asks if I just wrote the same item number down for the old shirt, the one I didn't want. "Well, I'm pretty sure I didn't, and I know for sure that I specified what I wanted in the written description on the form."

Then she says, "Our people in the warehouse don't have time to look at the description--they just look at the item number." (Then why, one might ask, does Cabela's require you to include a description?)

Then she asks if I made a copy of the form I sent in. No, I say. I don't make copies of the forms I sent in. The conversation deteriorated from there. With all this pushback from a business that has already screwed up an order twice, I told her simply to cancel the order altogether and that I'd be taking my business elsewhere.

So, Cabela's, if you're listening: if you expect to compete, you'll need to revamp your customer service. Whoever is in charge of it now needs to be shown the door. In my case, this entire problem could have been averted by doing three things:

1) Don't sell the same color under two different names for the same item.

2) When you've made a mistake, take care of it on the phone quickly, w/o asking the customer to do more work.

3) When the customer does do the work to remedy your mistake, don't further antagonize the customer by questioning his or her ability to fill out a form when yet another mistake has been made. There's a reason why your ratings are so low here.

modified review This review was modified by Ronash on November 06 2014 02:07:24 PM

"Tried to exchange a pair of leaky waders at the Green Bay Wis. store last week while hunting in the area The lady at the service desk lacked to explain that Cabelas "lifetime warranty"has changed but instead was rude and offered no discount on another $260.00 pair Expensive product with 1 year warranty doesn't seem like a company who stands behind their hunting gear!"

modified review This review was modified by Benripdoff on November 02 2014 07:43:44 PM

"I ordered an item online and it needed to be returned, no big deal....just wasn't what I expected. BUT their return policy says you will get back the amount you paid, including the tax but not the shipping-fine. Well they only refunded me the cost of the item (actually less than that) and no tax included. I called customer service a couple times and the ppl were okay but no apology given or anything....they just kept repeating how they came to the amount I received back. They never actually addressed it when I quoted their return policy stating you get back the amount you paid, including the tax. Ugh, very frustrating, Maybe I'm wrong but I find their policy quite misleading. The item I ordered was $39.99 before tax, shipping etc. and I got back less than that! Doesn't seem right to me. Not likely to order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by Doug20 on October 31 2014 07:02:46 AM

Laurel, Montana

"I have been shopping at Cabela's in Billings, MT for a while now. My first gripe with the company is some of their sales people. One I had talked to was about the fact that all their rods and reels are made in China, her response was that you have to pay American workers to much. I felt like asking her if she would mind living on what a person in China makes doing her job. The next time I had decided I wanted to buy a Dutch oven and I had already decided on Lodge brand. One because they are a good product and two because Cabela's brand that is made in China has a poor rating, The clerk that waited on me sarcastically said I suppose you have to have an American product. My response was is there something wrong with that. The last straw was I order some CCI 22LR through the internet. The picture shown was copper coated bullets and the ones I received are lead.
I am tired of paying high prices in cabela's for crap made in a communist country. We have to support our own people.

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!