• CPO Tools

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2015-07-01

"These guy's suck. I purchased an INNOVA 3160d scan tool from them and was shipped a 3160b, which is an older model and does not support SRS codes for my vehicle.

They fed me a line of BS saying that they did not have a contract with INNOVA to sell the newer 3160d model. Why did they use the picture for the 3160d on their website?? AND How can you have a contract to sell there product but then say it is itemized?? BS

I will not buy here again. They wasted my time and tied up my money in is crap.

FYI, Stay away from Tyler Tools too. They are the same company"

This review was modified by rnalashbaugh on July 01 2015 03:53:07 PM

2015-04-30

"Horrible. I was told I would receive my item within 2 days. Also, I would get tracking information within the day of purchase. It's been a week and a half, no tracking #, no item. I called to cancel the order and they charged my card another 55$. They said it's because they refunded me too much, but they haven't refunded anything. Horrible. "

This review was modified by cozet on April 30 2015 02:50:55 PM

2015-04-03

"Bad company. Purchased two tools from them. Both items appeared to be in stock when the order was placed. It was later discovered that apparently one item was not in stock and had to be drop shipped from the manufacturer. A week went by with repeated phone calls to the customer service and there was still no update on the status of the missing item. When I mentioned to a girl at the customer service about the delay and that I've been calling them for a week to get the status, she bluntly accused me of lying. According to her, it was my first call to the customer service regarding the issue.
At that point I requested to cancel the order. The drop ship order was stopped and returned back to the manufacturer. After waiting for a week to get the refund, I called the customer service again. Once again I was told that they need to contact the manufacturer to get the update on the status.

It appears that there is no initiative at the company to handle orders and refunds in a timely fashion. Nothing gets done until several days of phone calls to the customer service. That, combined with very rude and outright disrespectful behavior of some customer service representatives makes me give this company the lowest rating and recommend others to stay away from doing business with them.

To give the credit when it's due, however. The other item on the order arrived on time and in good condition. Also, one customer service rep who handled stopping the drop shipping half way was very polite and accommodating.

This company clearly does not have a process to handle out of stock items, is not capable of effectively tracking in stock items and has an overall mediocre customer service.

Avoid ordering from this company or be prepared for weeks of frustration and missed deadlines."

This review was modified by 46345656w45623563456 on April 03 2015 07:52:36 AM

2015-03-25

" I ordered a combo tool kit and was notified 2 days later that the item was out of stock, when it showed in-stock at the time of order. I called and they were rude, unapoligetic, and not willing to discuss an alternative for the out of stock item. Buyer beware."

This review was modified by keydet88 on March 25 2015 08:19:00 AM

2015-03-05

"A pain in the neck to deal with!
I ordered a Honda generator and received the order confirmation. Five minutes later, I received a request from them, seeking additional verification in the form of a photo of my credit card and drivers license. I sent that as requested, and waited.
Two days later, not having heard from CPO, I sent them an e-mail requesting the status of my order. The next day I received a request for a copy of my credit card statement!
At that point I told them to cancel the order.
I can appreciate security, but they were ridiculous.
I will not be doing business with CPO again."

This review was modified by SailorDrew on March 05 2015 07:23:56 AM

2015-01-07

"I have purchased 4 big ticket tools in the last year from CPO and I have not had any problems at all. The product is always as discribed and shipping is as promised or quicker. I have no idea how good CPO's customer service was two or three years ago, I have only used them for the last 7 months, but I am very happy with them now and would recommend them to any one. Also. BTW This was not a solicitated review. I will definately use them again."

2014-12-10

""Avoid this place like the plague! There is no customer service, the business address is a PO BOX and its a ghetto brotha in a basement that answers the phone when you call. ""

2014-09-25

"CPO refuses to honor sale price. I purchased a drill and driver combo kit for $179, and it went on sale for $149 a few days later. I requested a $30 credit, since I have not received the item yet. They refused. Horrible customer service. Don't buy from CPO outlets"

This review was modified by LouisLandre on September 25 2014 12:19:17 PM

2014-09-22

"CPO tools and their partner site tyler tool have a ridiculously annoying practice - any order of significant funds (over a couple hundred bucks) gets delayed until they clarify with you that you ordered it! this means, you must call the call center - which is only open during the business hours we all usually work during, So if you cant spend your time from 9-5 calling them, waiting on hold and confirming you would indeed like to pay them money, they will not send you your order! No where is this more frustrating than when ordering important tools for a project you're in the middle of when time matters! No other site I have ever encountered has this absurd practice. I dont understand it."

This review was modified by dnewz on September 22 2014 06:03:34 PM

CPO Tools User

2014-09-09

"I've purchased over 10 RECONDITIONED tools from CPO over the last 3 years. The tools were exactly or in BETTER condition than described. CPO notes that the case MAY not be included with their reconditioned tools but in every case a case was included."

2013-08-13

"I ordered a DeWalt DC390B circular saw from Tyler Tools, Be aware that Tyler Tools IS CPO Tools. The saw I received was a resealed item. All I did was to plug a battery into it and turned it on. The battery vibrated tremendously, there was something wrong with this saw. I called them for an rma number and explained the problem with the saw. A week and a half after returning it, I had no conformation from them of the status. I called them only to be told that a refund was issued on August 2nd, the day they received it back. 10 days later, still no refund. Called PayPal and was told that NO refund had been submitted from CPO. Filed a PayPal claim. They told PayPay that the return was because of "Buyers Remorse". They lied. And even if it was, why didn't they refund my money like they told me they had? PayPal got back a partial refund for me. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM CPO TOOLS OR TYLER TOOLS. CREEPS like this should be put out of business. "

2013-06-26

"BUYER BEWARE !!! CPO does not inspect nor back up it's products. Unless you are planning to use and do a thorough inspection of your purchase right away, I suggest thinking twice about purchasing anything on sale with CPO knowing that you will use it later. I purchased an open box Hitachi air compressor 10 months ago because the price was good and I new I would be needing a new one. I inspected it when it was received, repackaged it and stored it in my garage for later use. Today when I was preparing it for use, I noticed that all brackets mounting the engine to the compressor frame were broken on one side. As you can only see the broken brackets when the compressor is turned upside down and you look up between the engine and air tanks, I didn't catch it on my initial inspection. I called CPO to explain the situation and made the aforementioned facts very clear to them as well as the fact that I haven't even put oil in or plugged in the compressor yet. I received the standard line about their warranty even though the product was clearly BROKEN before I received it. In speaking to their management I learned that they do not inspect their open box products, they assume that the manufacturer sends them good product. THE $240 LOSS I AM TAKING ON THIS COMPRESSOR FAR EXCEEDS THE CUMULATIVE SAVINGS I'VE REALIZED AT CPO. Goodbye CPO and hello Amazon, I've found NEW products on Amazon at nearly the same prices that CPO offers on new and reconditioned products."

This review was modified by REVesseyJr on June 26 2013 03:13:52 PM

2013-05-10

"I placed an order with CPO tools 2 weeks ago, and everything went great. They shipped fast, I had it within 4 days, despite Fedex screwing up, but that's not their fault.

Well, I've been trying to place a second order for the better part of a week, and it's been a pain to say the least. I tried twice the other day, and both times their site said "there has been a problem completing your order, please try again." I tried a third time, and WTF, my card declined. I check my bank, and there's 2 holds from them for the amount of these orders. I tried again today, same problem. I called to try to straighten it out, and their customer service was as useful as ice to an eskimo... they simply offered to transfer me to sales. I tried again, and oh look, my card was declined, because they had AGAIN put a hold on my account from the failed order. The salesman insisted that they weren't having a problem, and my bank must have been declining the card. Well gee, thanks. Clearly my bank is declining transactions from your company, even though my cards work perfectly fine everywhere else. Moron.

If this is the kind of customer service I can expect when trying to make a purchase, I can only imagine how wonderful an experience it must be to deal with them if there's a problem. Thank you CPO, for saving me the hassle of trying to deal with you later. I won't be doing any more business with you in the future."

This review was modified by fb405 on May 10 2013 02:45:04 PM

2012-11-10

"I ordered a milwaukee chop saw. they sent the wrong box the first time with a broken unit placed in a dilapidated box improperly packaged. I returned it. I just recieved the replacement, not much better, shield was damaged in shippment same crappy packaging or should I say NO packing material. They put a 45 pound chop saw in an over sized box with no padding and the thing can bounce around and get banged up. I am so disappointed. probably have to return this as well. "

This review was modified by vdotmatrix on November 10 2012 06:15:03 PM

2012-09-07

"I ordered a ridgid tile saw from cpo I attempted to put it together and the screws they supplied are the wrong ones (did not mix the screws up there are only 4 and they go in same place) I contacted cpo same day I got the saw and they told me to go to ridgid and get replacement parts what a joke bought saw thinking I can use it but not the case now I have to do the leg work to get the saw to work and wait another 2-3 weeks for my screws to arrive so I can do a tile job buyers beware"

Share CPO Tools's store rating

CPO Tools is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CPO Tools is not a merchant member
CPO Tools does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!