Product & services pricing Rating 9.90/10 9.90/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.20/10 8.20/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.10/10 8.10/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.60/10 8.60/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10

"I purchase almost everything on-line and I found a great value for a Canon T3i at Closeoutdigital. Their website was easy to use and their customer service representatives seemed genuinely interested in making sure the transaction went smoothly. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the order for financial reasons and I can't say enough about how quickly and efficiently it was handled by their customer service representative. Their great service was greatly appreciated. Based on my experience, I highly recommend Closeoutdigital as company that offers both great service and great value."

"June 11,2014 I ordered a Nikon D600 total price $1,099.00. I received an email that I needed to call in to confirm my order since I ordered on line... when I called in they told me that the camera's language was in Japanese and I would be unable to change it. I was told they could change my order to an English language camera for a total of $1,499.00, after some thought I agreed, he than gave me a total of $1,531.00, as he was putting $32.00 on for shipping insurance. I told him to cancel my order. He then agreed to take off the insurance and upgrade me to express shipping that my camera would arrive by June 21,2014. I agreed... June 23,2014 I called regarding my order that I had not received. I was told it would be delivered that day via UPS, I advised the represented had already been there that day, he assured me it would arrive by 8pm on 06/21/14.. it did not. I called again on June 25th, and was told that my order I was told that it was being overnighted to me and that I would have it by June 26, 2014 according to the tracking number. I advised them I never received a tracking number. When I tried to express my dissatisfaction with them and that I felt I had been lied to, I was asked if I wanted to cancel my order. I asked how that was possible if the camera had already been overnighted to me, the representative than stated it was still in there warehouse that they would be overnighting it to me that day..... I was lied to again and again by this company.... I canceled my order with an extremely rude representative that told me to "go ahead and pay more someplace else".....I would never do business with this company again, and I warn others against it. Now waiting for my refund."

modified review This review was modified by mpeterick on June 27 2014 07:51:09 AM

"David was very helpful and I appreciate it and I will buy from him again"

"Good customer service and good respond when I contact them on the phone "

"WARNING

Shoppers BEWARE, this company is a rip-off! They advertise real products with really low prices. I purchased 2 of their products online. Two days later somebody from their company called me see if i wanted to switch to the USA version of the same product which was $350 more expensive, stating the one I picked - canon 7D - was a Japanese model with plastic body with Japanese language only. So I decided the gentleman talking to me about the switch was probably right so i switched.
After researching I found out that there is not a 7D with plastic body. The Japanese version has 2 languages Japanese and English. The camera I received has both English and Japanese language, and after I scanned every barcode on the box, nothing but Japanese sites came up meaning they sent me the Japanese model WITHOUT warranty card.

The other item I ordered was a 100mm f2.8 L IS USM lens. This company had the nerve to sent me the non L series which cost $450 cheaper. When I called the company they said the boxes are similar and the shipping department must of made a mistake. I really believe they were just trying to scam me.

I mailed the lens back the same day for $20 which they received in 3 business days. I paid over $100 for 2-3 day shipping when i initially purchased both items, which aggravates me even more.
I spoke with Ben who told me they mailed the lens on a friday however the following Thursday when i called to demand the status of my lens they provided me a bogus tracking number. After 27 days, a bunch of phone calls and lots of broken promises I still don't have the lens I paid for. I wonder how many of the 5 star reviews they bought? I would give them no stars at all, but that is not possible
I knew their prices were too good to be true.
It's truly sad there are companies like closeoutdigital.com online.

modified review Rep reply posted Jun-18-2014

Closeoutdigital CS, CLOSEOUTDIGITAL rep has responded

“The posting was created or altered in exchange for the offer of monetary consideration, whether in the form of goods, services, or monies, or was created or altered in response to threats.”

"I accidentally ordered an import camera. They called me and we got the order cancelled with no problems"

"I mistakingly ordered a camera body without the lens. The courteous customer service department mentioned that to me. He then presented other attractive options which I could not afford at this time.

They cheerfully refunded my money and I will definitely buy from them in the future. In fact, they sent me a spec sheet on the unit I am budgeting for and will be buying in the next 90 days.

"Beware! Do not ever buy from this site! This is my experience with closeoutdigital.com. I should have taken other people's reviews about this site. "Bait and switch!"
First and for most, I was lured into this site due to extremely low price DSLRs. I purchased a 70D, 18-200mm IS lense with a 430EX flash. The confirmation email says I have to call 408-409-7801 to verify the order. The sales representative was very blunt. Then he said that the 430EX flash would not work with my digital camera. I had paid my purchase using American Express through the closeoutdigital.com website. Now he said the company does not accept American Express and wanted me to use Visa or Mastercard. I said i only have Amex. He interrupted me and said my order has been cancelled and hung up without giving me a chance to say anything else.
Then I did a little search about this e-store. The VISA credit card company declined to pay this site. Other people's reviews are very much similar to mine.

Beware! Do not buy from this site!

"I TALK TO JOSH,A NICE PERSON TO TALK TO."

"was able to easily get a hold of a customer service rep. with out having to wait a long time. He was very helpful and informative and answered all my questions."

""David Fuller called me personally to check my order, and within a few moments spotted I had ordered a lens that would not be fully compatible with my camera. His alertness saved me time, money and angst. He was so helpful, I added to my order an item I had found elsewhere, but felt better about entrusting to him and Closeoutdigital. Thank you !""

"The customer service agent called me personally to check my order, and within a few moments spotted I had ordered a lens that would not be fully compatible with my camera. His alertness saved me time, money and angst. He was so helpful, I added to my order an item I had found elsewhere, but felt better about entrusting to him and Closeoutdigital. Thank you !"

"Service and quality exceptional!"

"I ordered wrong lens and when I called and spoke to Ben he was extremely helpful in resolving my problem"

"Ordered a D800, USA model $2,699.99 on 3/20/14, included battery, charger, camera bag, 32gb memory card, tripod. Had delay because my POS limit on my debit card would not allow total charge, customer service kindly split charge over 2 days. Received email and phone call with tracking number. UPS tracking shows order processed at 5:21 p.m. on 3/26. The gentleman in CA that answers the customer service line, I have to say, was very polite, considerate and more than accommodating. Shipping comes from a fulfillment center in NY. Oh...and camera arrived at 12:21 p.m. on 28th. I took senior pictures for a client on 3/29 and WOW...this camera is AMAZING!!! Very pleased with the D800."

CLOSEOUTDIGITAL is a Merchant Member! Learn more

CLOSEOUTDIGITAL is a merchant member
CLOSEOUTDIGITAL participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,879 merchant members.