"CD Universe claim to have shipped this order on the 1st of July. To date (7th of August) the is ordered goods has still not reach me. All CD Universe have to say is that I mast be patient! That after they initially gave me a non existing tracking number with the initial shipping notice. Really useless customer service! "

modified review This review was modified by Marius-in-Africa on August 27 2014 08:52:33 PM

"I have ordered from CD Universe a couple of times with no problems. They are able to resolve virtually any issue in a professional and reasonable manner. I would suggest this company to my friends."

"SLOW!SLOW!SLOW!It took CD universe 4 days just to process my 1 dvd order its been 7 days now and still have not got it. it will be 2-3 more days. never again!"

"I returned a xbox 360 NBA2k13 game to them for a replacement 20 days back. They have not sent it yet. "

"Sent for CD of The Cascades, Instead I received MP3 download ready files, they wouldn't download, then when they did, they wouldn't load, Customer service absolutely useless. Sent two emails regarding problem and also requested charge to be re inured to my account. Have never heard from them. Would NOT recommend them."

"i ordered a Death From Above 1979 CD and became worried when 2 weeks passed and nothing came seeming as they have a 1-2 day shipping policy. I emailed customer service and they marked the shipment as lost. Although I was pretty irked, I was happily surprised when they sent a replacement copy for no charge!! Will probably shop here again albeit the high prices are a bit of a turn off. Otherwise, excellent customer service."

modified review This review was modified by kimcathy475 on October 22 2012 09:44:48 PM

"I have been buying from CD Universe regularly for the past five years. Their website is very easy to navigate. I'm always suprised with how much different stuff they carry. The pricing is very good and my orders always arrive in a timely manner.

"I pre-ordered Ray Bradbury's The Halloween Tree well in advance of the release date of September 11th, 2012. 24 hours before shipment, CD Universe put me on backorder because they only had 2 copies. It would have been nice to know ahead of time that me and roughly 10,000 other people were trying for just 2 copies. I wouldn't have even bothered. This isn't my first order with CD Universe, but it's certainly my last."

"I have bought a few adult movies from here, not the cheapest but not fake and good quality. I can find the type I like as well."

"I've just had a bad experience with them.

Since describing it in detail would take too long I've written a blog about it.

Feel free to check it:

"Horrible company. I pre-ordered SKyrim. They cancelled my order after the item was shipping elsewhere. And I can request a refund because they sent the cancellation email after they closed on Friday. I will have to request it, the next week."

"I have been purchasing CDs and DVDs from CD Universe since 2008 and have never had a problem."

"On September 9, 2010, I ordered 2 DVD items at CD Universe, Cry The Beloved Country & Something The Lord Made. Their estimated delivery date was Friday, September 17, 2010-Monday, October 4, 2010. I became increasingly concerned when it was October 11, 2010 & my items hadn't been shipped to my address. I then sent them a couple of e-mails nagging them & inquiring about my order. I also told them that on September 13, 2010, a week after I placed an order on them, I placed a DVD order at Amazon.com, Love Don't Cost A Thing. Amazingly, Amazon delivered first, shipping my DVD on the 7th October 7, 2010, although their estimated delivery date was 19 October, 2010. Now that is excellent customer service. Then the Customer Service Representative at CD Universe eventually told me that the name & shipping address on my order were incorrectly listed. They have now gone ahead & updated my details & processed a replacement order with a new order number. Now I'm hopeful that my order will arrive because I can't wait to watch those movies.

Such an error has really made me skeptical about the quality of the service they are rendering to customers. After I get my DVD order, I'm thinking of not buying again from them.

Seka Samuel Gaula

Cape Town, South Africa

"I'm a repeat customer here. These folks have always shipped promptly, I usually get the item a couple days after ordering. I'll use them again."

"BACKGROUND - This rating deals with the physical storefront operations. Before I visited the store, the sales rep I contacted confirmed this was the online store and worked with Amazon.com.

COMPLAINT - Because I wanted a CD right away, I contacted the merchant and asked if the carried the CD, I was informed they had one copy left and would put it under the counter with my name on it to be picked up the next day. I drove 45 minutes (each way) and when I arrived was informed that the sold the CD after I had contacted them! This was the same person I had talked with the day before!!!

If they treat customers face-to-face in this manner, I cringe to think how they treat on-line customers.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM

CD Universe is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CD Universe is not a merchant member
CD Universe does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!