CD Universe Reviews - cduniverse.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.83/10 32 reviews

CD Universe is not a merchant member
CD Universe does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I have ordered from CD Universe a couple of times with no problems. They are able to resolve virtually any issue in a professional and reasonable manner. I would suggest this company to my friends."

"SLOW!SLOW!SLOW!It took CD universe 4 days just to process my 1 dvd order its been 7 days now and still have not got it. it will be 2-3 more days. never again!"

"I returned a xbox 360 NBA2k13 game to them for a replacement 20 days back. They have not sent it yet. "

"Sent for CD of The Cascades, Instead I received MP3 download ready files, they wouldn't download, then when they did, they wouldn't load, Customer service absolutely useless. Sent two emails regarding problem and also requested charge to be re inured to my account. Have never heard from them. Would NOT recommend them."

Rating 8/104/5

"i ordered a Death From Above 1979 CD and became worried when 2 weeks passed and nothing came seeming as they have a 1-2 day shipping policy. I emailed customer service and they marked the shipment as lost. Although I was pretty irked, I was happily surprised when they sent a replacement copy for no charge!! Will probably shop here again albeit the high prices are a bit of a turn off. Otherwise, excellent customer service."

modified review This review was modified by kimcathy475 on October 22 2012 09:44:48 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"I pre-ordered Ray Bradbury's The Halloween Tree well in advance of the release date of September 11th, 2012. 24 hours before shipment, CD Universe put me on backorder because they only had 2 copies. It would have been nice to know ahead of time that me and roughly 10,000 other people were trying for just 2 copies. I wouldn't have even bothered. This isn't my first order with CD Universe, but it's certainly my last."

"I have bought a few adult movies from here, not the cheapest but not fake and good quality. I can find the type I like as well."

Rating 6/103/5

"I've just had a bad experience with them.

Since describing it in detail would take too long I've written a blog about it.

Feel free to check it:

"Horrible company. I pre-ordered SKyrim. They cancelled my order after the item was shipping elsewhere. And I can request a refund because they sent the cancellation email after they closed on Friday. I will have to request it, the next week."

"I have been purchasing CDs and DVDs from CD Universe since 2008 and have never had a problem."

Rating 4/102/5

"On September 9, 2010, I ordered 2 DVD items at CD Universe, Cry The Beloved Country & Something The Lord Made. Their estimated delivery date was Friday, September 17, 2010-Monday, October 4, 2010. I became increasingly concerned when it was October 11, 2010 & my items hadn't been shipped to my address. I then sent them a couple of e-mails nagging them & inquiring about my order. I also told them that on September 13, 2010, a week after I placed an order on them, I placed a DVD order at Amazon.com, Love Don't Cost A Thing. Amazingly, Amazon delivered first, shipping my DVD on the 7th October 7, 2010, although their estimated delivery date was 19 October, 2010. Now that is excellent customer service. Then the Customer Service Representative at CD Universe eventually told me that the name & shipping address on my order were incorrectly listed. They have now gone ahead & updated my details & processed a replacement order with a new order number. Now I'm hopeful that my order will arrive because I can't wait to watch those movies.

Such an error has really made me skeptical about the quality of the service they are rendering to customers. After I get my DVD order, I'm thinking of not buying again from them.

Seka Samuel Gaula

Cape Town, South Africa

"I'm a repeat customer here. These folks have always shipped promptly, I usually get the item a couple days after ordering. I'll use them again."

"BACKGROUND - This rating deals with the physical storefront operations. Before I visited the store, the sales rep I contacted confirmed this was the online store and worked with Amazon.com.

COMPLAINT - Because I wanted a CD right away, I contacted the merchant and asked if the carried the CD, I was informed they had one copy left and would put it under the counter with my name on it to be picked up the next day. I drove 45 minutes (each way) and when I arrived was informed that the sold the CD after I had contacted them! This was the same person I had talked with the day before!!!

If they treat customers face-to-face in this manner, I cringe to think how they treat on-line customers.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM

"Horrible service! I ordered a computer game to be shipped as a gift to a friend overseas and paid for 'express' shipping. Got a confirmation email but then CD Universe decided to hold my order for phone validation of the address WITHOUT INFORMING ME. Found out about this weeks later when I called the friend and discovered he had not received his gift. Called CD Universe and was promised that the item would ship out the next day. THREE WEEKS later it has still not shipped.

It is now a month and a half since I originally placed the order. I give up. I have bought another copy of the game from a different merchant and will never use CD Universe again.

"I placed an order on June 14, including a pre-order for a DVD to be released on June 24; this pre-order item being the only reason I placed the order at all. The other three items in the order were added as an afterthought; they would not have been ordered if I was not already placing the pre-order.

Checking the status of my order on the website, I discovered that my PRE-ORDER ITEM was placed on backorder and had not shipped with my order! Had I known that this PRE-ORDER ITEM would be – strangely enough – backordered and shipped separately, I would not have bothered to order the other items at the same time.

Additionally, I paid extra to have the order shipped "Expedited with Tracking." But CD Universe does not honor the shipping method requested - and paid for - in the original order for divided shipments despite the selection of "Ship Together." Instead, if the shipment is divided, due to a backorder, when you chose "Ship Together," the delayed shipment(s) are sent without additional shipping charges, but they are sent via the "Standard Shipping" method. Translated, this means that, if you request - and pay additional fees for - "Expedited Shipping," your delayed shipment will not only take longer due to the backorder delay, but it will take even looooonger because the default shipping method is slower.

Again, had I known that the items would be shipped separately, I would have ordered only the PRE-ORDER ITEM and paid for that item alone to be shipped "Expedited with Tracking." If I still desired the other items, they would have been ordered at a later time.

When a customer pre-orders an item, it implies that the customer desires to have that item shipped on, if not before, its street date. If that same customer requests – and pays for – "Expedited" shipping, it further indicates that the customer wants to receive that item within "2-3 business days from the shipping date"; not "3-8 business days from the shipping date" (via the "Standard" shipping method).

Moreover, although their Help Center asserts that "the 'Ship Together' option allows 3-5 business days for delayed or backordered items on your order to arrive from our suppliers so that we can send your order in as few shipments as possible," and I did select "Ship Together," they did not wait 3-5 business days for my backordered PRE-ORDER ITEM to arrive before shipping the other items. In fact, I would have preferred waiting 3-5 business days so that all the items in my order would be SHIPPED TOGETHER - EXPEDITED WITH TRACKING. The delayed shipping and subsequent refusal on CD Universe’s part to honor the original shipping method request defeats the purpose of the pre-order!

Now, thanks to CD Universe's intuitive customer service, not only is my PRE-ORDER ITEM shipped after the release date, but I can expect to receive my PRE-ORDER ITEM 3-8 business days after the DVD’s release date! Where is the logic? Why should anyone bother to pre-order anything from CD Universe if they won’t receive the item until two weeks after the same item is available everywhere else?

Reviewing their pre-order offer, "Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives," makes it difficult to refrain from breaking out in fits of laughter. Is this a joke? Perhaps, the above statement merely contains a typographical error and should read: "Place your order today and be one of the LAST to receive this product when it arrives."

At this point, I will most likely decide to buy the DVD elsewhere, since I should be able to obtain it TWO WEEKS BEFORE I receive their shipment – yes 3-8 business days will mean two weeks AFTER the release date as the maximum shipping estimate usually holds true.

To make matters worse, if I buy the DVD elsewhere and refuse to accept their shipment, I will most likely have to pay ADDITIONAL nonrefundable return shipping charges. Capitalism is great, isn't it? It seems that, these days, customers must pay for the errors of the merchants. Strange new world we live in.

I would like to consider myself a valued customer at CD Universe as I have placed many orders – and spent much money – over the course of this calendar year (2008) alone. As a customer, however, I have recently noticed a decline in the accuracy of the CD Universe website and in the consistency of service provided by CD Universe. As my faith in CD Universe wanes, so will my business. After all, I was a loyal customer of a competitor for years before I discovered CD Universe, so why shouldn’t I now be courted by other competitors? Although CD Universe does offer competitive pricing, my dollars may be better spent on product than on “expedited” shipping methods when “expedited” so often turns into “delayed.”

modified review This review was modified by storemaus on June 25 2008 05:53:48 PM