• Rating 7.50/10 11 reviews

CD Japan is not a merchant member
    CD Japan does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • CD Japan contact information

"Ordered my item and it arrived in a timely matter. Took a few days to ship but I eventually got my item within 10 days of ordering. Responses to my inquiries were handled well, I received a response within a day of sending them an email. Overall pleasant experience and one I wouldnt mind repeating"

modified review This review was modified by mumyoryu on June 01 2012 06:45:20 PM

"How could an online store treat their customer so bad? I didn't get anything after I paid a so long time~And yesterday got an email that they said fedEX threw away my package. They said fedEX said I refused that package.And they threw away it.So they won't send back my money.Who refused? And CD Japan SHOULD contact me in time, right? It's so hard to get an useful reply from them.

My friends and I bought many items from that store since many years ago, sometimes the shipping has been delay or sometimes the disc case is broken. They never apologized or pay back money for customer's loss.

But this time CD-Japan really made me angry.

"I don't really understand the numerous reviews here which complain about high shipping costs----based on the items I have purchased from other sources from Japan---it is expensive to ship from Japan to the US---to fault CDJapan for shipping costs seems misguided---perhaps a better review of the Japanese Postal System.

I do have a complaint of CDJapan, I do not understand why it takes them so long to secure certain items they have for sale-The item I ordered said it would ship in 2-4 weeks---it is now 2 weeks from order and they sent an email saying it should ship in 3 weeks---I purchased a Limited Edition release CD which came out 2 years ago----doesn't that mean they did a run 2 years ago of a limited # of Cds?----it makes me wonder then where my CD is coming from, as CDJapan obviously does not have it in their stock----If a CD is limited edition/out of print, where does it now come from?----with the amount of Counterfeit SHM-CDs from Russia, it kind of concerns me.

DiRF's Avatar
Florida

"Massively incorrectly listed item availability status, took forever to ship out items, ignored all customer service emails until after items finally shipped which by then was too late. I am NEVER shopping from this retailer again."

"Amazing company. I have lost count of the number of times I have ordered from them, and every time has been the same wonderful experience.

Their prices are very fair and they have a great selection of CDS and DVDS from Japan. The shipping may be considered a bit pricey, but it's worth it for excellent service. They always fulfill your order to your expectations. Even once they shipped a CD out that said 2-4 weeks nearly the next day. Great customer service, their customer system is real time, and shipping is quick and items are packaged well.

Definitely recommending this store to anyone thinking of ordering here.

"Brilliant service. I ordered 4 CD/DVDs of B'z and Aya Kamiki not available here in UK from CDJapan. Most of the items were flagged to be shipped within 3-5 days. The order was dispatched two days after I placed it. I chose Registered Air Mail; Two days after dispatch it was in UK customs and, a further two days later it was at my door! Six days in total from placing the order. Beautifully packed. All correct and in perfect condition. Yes the carriage costs are expensive but, the service justifies it. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED."

"I am VERY IMPRESSED with your website!!! I purchased a VERY rare DVD from your website 2 weeks ago, and you e-mailed me promptly that same day. Your website stated that it would ship in 3-5 business days. It arrived just as you claimed! I have been searching for this DVD for my wife, and could not find it ANYWHERE!!! So I was a bit sceptical about purchasing it from you, let alone overseas (from the U.S.A.). However, it arrived in PERFECT condition; VERY timely; and the DVD is PERFECT!!! And on top of that, you gave me additonal points towards my purchase, which help cut down on my shipping cost!!! Incredible!!! She loves it!!! Anyone who is looking for a positive review of your website, can find one here!!! THANK YOU so much again, again, and again! I will definitely be doing business with your company in the future!

Thanks again,

T G (USA)

"im totally satisfied with cdjapan. I think this is the only one online store that i can trust 99% *Since i havent found any dissatisfaction*. The shipment is really fast, and they replied my questions kinda fast as well, and yea the shipment cost is one of the main concern bout this website, but truly, their service is one of the best service in the net! xD"

Chicago area, IL, US

"Good experience. I placed my order on the 14th of July, received notice that it shipped on the 21st, and it arrived on the 26th. No complaints at all about the order itself.

Overall, their site is easy to navigate, and they provided all information I needed. I would prefer that they didn't store your credit card between purchases, but that's my only complaint.

"Another successful order with CDJapan.

Ordered on Friday night (And 2 items immediately came into stock, The other 2 would be available within 3-7 Business days), The order shipped the next Thursday (6 Days after ordering - The quoted time for it to ship was "3-7 Business Days")

The site is easy to use, And they had everything I wanted.

The only complaints I could think of, are that they're expensive. A Single DVD Costs around $45, while a CD Costs around $28. Can't complain though, since everything is MSRP, and its not like they're jacking up the price.
The other thing is that the US Site lacks some descriptions on items, For instance, one CD Only says:
"2004 makes their 15th anniversary."
For the description, While the Japanese site lists roughly a paragraph of information (And usually song titles). So it usually involves you having to look on a search engine for that particular item, to find whats on it.

But besides that, The order shipped on friday (EMS), And arrived in the US on Wednesday (The majority of the time being that it was in customs for a few days).

Would definately order from again.

modified review This review was modified by sofdec_com on August 28 2004 12:34:21 PM

Amherst, MA

"The lowest price on Japanese CD and DVD. But shipping kills the deal. Even Air mail shipping is too expensive (Most time, 40% of total price is shipping.. TOO MUCH!)"