• CD Japan

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"My first purchase was an excellent experience. Found a good selection of shm-sacd and shm-cds. Reasonable shipping price and time for snail-mail and undamaged product. Will try my luck again and order more CDs. Sorry that other customers have had unpleasant experience."

This review was modified by johnny_villegas on July 28 2015 08:27:48 PM

"Perfect, shipped fast and item in perfect conditions. They were the only one that had that item still in stock, I'm so happy!"

This review was modified by Adurnah on June 20 2015 04:52:03 AM

"Lied about item stock , takes weeks to ship out items . Contacted customer service during all this time and they kept saying they would ship it and still haven't. Looks like they changed my order status to "in shipping process" to shut me up , but it's been like that for days. Really cdjapan? Just freaking admit you don't have the item in stock."

This review was modified by Spike909 on March 27 2015 11:29:51 PM

"*Copied 1*

CDJapan really...one of the worst ever in dealing with its customers. Staff has much to learn...

Dishonest, untrustworthy, gives lame excuses, insensitive, unhelpful, unreliable, inefficient, irresponsible, takes customers (me at least) for granted, inconsiderate, insincere, careless, lacks initiative, cowards, disrespectful, unrepentant, unappreciative, what else...?

Definitely not recommended especially when one needs enquiries and when mistakes are in need to be solved. They claim that they take their customers seriously. What an understatement really! Time and again, they tested my patience. They even made/make it like it was/is my fault instead of realising and admitting their mistakes!

Seriously, laughable! They make it sound like they have already and always do their best. Sadly for them, they can't fool me especially the fact that I have mostly been in the service line. Also, I have clear, solid proof in exposing them.

Yes. CDJapan is from Japan. Japan! Can you believe it??

*Copied 2*

As I have expected, the people managing CDJapan are really such cowards (as I have mentioned before). They finally blocked me from posting and 'liking' their entries. My entries and comments were all removed. Perhaps for fear of letting others see their ugly sides. What a bunch of wussies really.

This is a clear cut of people behaving like cowards - running away from problems instead of settling them properly with customers like me - having the refusal to realise their repeated mistakes - disregard feedbacks and complaints - even made it sound like it was my fault - basically constantly behaving like assholes and bitches as usual. In addition? They are wussy-like as clearly witnessed by me.

See what I mean here? I mean it is so easy to avoid problems like that. They are fine examples of failures when it comes to customer service.

This review was modified by feitanfey on March 26 2015 11:30:50 PM

"After many successful transactions over many years, CD Japan earlier this year sent me two CDs packaged in a format I'd never seen before: 8 in. x 8 in. cardboard sleeves. I emailed for a return authorization, and was questioned as to why I wanted to return the merch, even though I had already explained that in the request. After a couple weeks of no reply, I applied for a Paypal refund. They denied it, but it did prompt them to issue me a return authorization. I never received word that they received my package, no info about a refund, nothing. I had to pay $18 of my own money to return the CDs to them. I escalated my Paypal claim, and they (thankfully) reversed it and issued my refund (although I'm still short $18). I won't be doing business with CD Japan in future, sadly, because they obviously have no regard for even their most loyal customers. (Interestingly, before cancelling my account, I checked the status of my order, and CD Japan had completely removed all record of it from my order history.)"

This review was modified by TonyWArnold on March 19 2015 04:42:06 AM

"This is my first time to make a purchase from CD Japan. Everything is nice, especially the packing they used. The only drawback of their service is the shipping charge which is on the high side. Other than this, I am more than happy to recommend CD Japan to you. "

This review was modified by aus-boy on January 20 2015 05:46:42 PM

"Did order a blu ray of Prince and got charged €20,- on delivery. That was more than 60% of the value of the goods inc shipping
No warning upfront that this could happen!!!!!!
Service feels like a big scam!

"CD JAPAN USE TO BE AN EXCELENT SITE FOR ODERING
KARAOKE CDs, and REGULAR ALBLUM CDs of NOTABLE
JN ARTISTS. HOWEVER, THE COMPLETE LISTINGS OF THE
THE ARTISTS HAS BEEN DISABLED.ONCE, WE COULD ACCESS
COMPLETE LISTINGS, CLICK ON THE TITLES AVAILABE AND
LISTEN TO A SAMPLE OF THE MUSIC. THIS CAN NO LONGER
BE DONE. SO I CAN NO LONGER ORDER FROM CD JAPAN.

"Excellent online store, One of the best and more eficcient stores, the prices are very good, and the shipping price are excellent, the items arrive in 7 days or less and are very well packaged, I always order on this stores"

"Was debating on many video game import sites and decided to go along with cdjapan. They didn't inflate the retail prices of their games and offered affordable shipping. I pre-ordered KH2.5 from them a couple weeks before release date and received the game the day after release w/ Fedex International Priority. Happy with my experience and my game was packed in 2 layers of protection top off with a small box. Came in excellent shape."

This review was modified by Cloufie on October 05 2014 08:10:36 PM

"Ordered dozens of items from them. They always ship very fast, the items are packed excellently (there wasn't even a small scratch on any of them items before), and their variety is great. Furthermore, they are always cheap compared to other stores and their shipping costs are very transparent and will be shown while ordering."

"Ordered my item and it arrived in a timely matter. Took a few days to ship but I eventually got my item within 10 days of ordering. Responses to my inquiries were handled well, I received a response within a day of sending them an email. Overall pleasant experience and one I wouldnt mind repeating"

This review was modified by mumyoryu on June 01 2012 06:45:20 PM

"How could an online store treat their customer so bad? I didn't get anything after I paid a so long time~And yesterday got an email that they said fedEX threw away my package. They said fedEX said I refused that package.And they threw away it.So they won't send back my money.Who refused? And CD Japan SHOULD contact me in time, right? It's so hard to get an useful reply from them.

My friends and I bought many items from that store since many years ago, sometimes the shipping has been delay or sometimes the disc case is broken. They never apologized or pay back money for customer's loss.

But this time CD-Japan really made me angry.

"I don't really understand the numerous reviews here which complain about high shipping costs----based on the items I have purchased from other sources from Japan---it is expensive to ship from Japan to the US---to fault CDJapan for shipping costs seems misguided---perhaps a better review of the Japanese Postal System.

I do have a complaint of CDJapan, I do not understand why it takes them so long to secure certain items they have for sale-The item I ordered said it would ship in 2-4 weeks---it is now 2 weeks from order and they sent an email saying it should ship in 3 weeks---I purchased a Limited Edition release CD which came out 2 years ago----doesn't that mean they did a run 2 years ago of a limited # of Cds?----it makes me wonder then where my CD is coming from, as CDJapan obviously does not have it in their stock----If a CD is limited edition/out of print, where does it now come from?----with the amount of Counterfeit SHM-CDs from Russia, it kind of concerns me.

DiRF's Avatar

Florida

"Massively incorrectly listed item availability status, took forever to ship out items, ignored all customer service emails until after items finally shipped which by then was too late. I am NEVER shopping from this retailer again."

Share CD Japan's store rating

CD Japan is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CD Japan is not a merchant member
CD Japan does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!