• CDW.com

"Ordered a scanner for my new home office in the morning online. Later in the afternoon got a call from CDW's customer service. Was told that they don't show that I live at my home address. (Have been living at 4 months now.) Explain this to the csr. Then because I had moved from WI to FL my cell number is a WI area code so they again accuse me of not living in FL. Insist that I provide a landline. I don't have a landline...does anyone have one anymore? Then they want the credit card number again and the 3 digit code. They made me feel like I was getting scammed. I cancelled the order. Then called and asked to speak with someone to complain about how I was treated. They transferred me to the "supervisor" who, as you guessed it, was not at her desk. I left a message and am pretty sure no one will ever call back. Worst treatment by a company ever!!!!"

This review was modified by JTColors on January 05 2015 02:32:17 PM

"My experience began when I ordered a Belkin FlipBlade stand from CDW in mid November The price was better than anyone else on the web even with $12.99 shipping which seemed like a lot for such a small device. Since this was going to be a Christmas present, I thought that the shipping costs were appropriate for "2-4 days availability" as stated on their web site. When I didn't receive the item, I contacted CDW's customer service in early December. I was told that the item would be "drop shipped" directly from the manufacturer. I asked the customer service rep if that would affect CDW's 2-4 days estimate of availability and the response was "we have no way of knowing when they will ship the item." I asked why I was paying for delivery of an item in "2-4 days" when after 3 weeks it could have been sent by snail mail (not to mention that I was never informed of the order status prior to my inquiry.) The customer service rep promised to get back to me with a better estimate, but never did. When I called back on December 16 nearly one month after placing my order, the rep seemed annoyed that I didn't understand the concept of "drop shipping" and said that I would "probably get the order by December 22nd." The moral of this story is CDW misrepresents their inventory and delivery capabilities. If they stated that they would have to source the product and couldn't guarantee delivery, I would never have paid them in advance."

"We are a local government agency. We ordered two toughbooks and docks. The service rep from CDW spec'd everything out. We received the computers within a month. Took 5 months to get the docks. Installed the docks and attempted to put in the laptops and they would not fit. Contacted CDW and advised them the docks were not the correct match. One month later, they agree after investigating and sent correct docks. Got them up and running. Story not over. Try to return the incorrect docks, they refuse to give us an RMA and want us to pay for them. Not happening. This is the worst company we have ever dealt with in our entire history. "

"Worst customer service ever! I will never Use them again and i ended up cancelling my order due to the fact that they didn't ship my item because I had a separate billing and shipping address. I was told i would get the Item with in 2 to 5 days well its been 4 and i just found out they haven't even shipped it yet, So I am now going to use amazon. I should have never strayed away from amazon in the first place for only saving 4 dollars anyway. "

"I have to wonder how much the 5-star reviewers were paid. Orders are sloooow to ship, if they ship at all. They have lousy customer service. My rep will call me back - after a day or two - to tell me he's waiting for customer service to get him an answer to whatever question I posed (generally: "Where's my order?"). Right now I'm waiting to hear if an order I placed that was supposed to ship within 9 days has shipped today, day 11. Of course, my rep won't answer the phone. My company needs this stuff in 3 days, and I have a feeling we aren't going to get it. I am SO done with CDW."

This review was modified by xd357sig on September 09 2014 03:07:44 PM

"I ordered laptops for my company from CDW. The total order amount is more than $10K. They called carrier to ship the packages back after the package shipped. It is very bad experience. RIght now, they haven't refund my money. I will never order anything from them. CDW is an absolute SCAM !!!"

This review was modified by xudeng on August 05 2014 10:36:00 PM

"I placed the order for Nexus 7010. The sales reps sent invoices right away, heated up the phone from calling many times in order to get my credit card number.

So on here its $4600.

Mark Wehrle sent invoices , called, his colleagues called nonstop to get the order placed. They took the card info via the phone and said no worries it will be shipped within 5-8 days.

So the order was placed on Friday. Now I am checking on Monday whats the status, and it says: "Order not found".
I initiated the chat, and they say its for military. But dont worry Mark will send you the updated part shortly. And then, here we go:

Requested: 6/30/2014
Quote #: FKMF948
Quote Reference: 140630
Grand Total: $14,569.78
Customer Number: 12182180

The same item. From $4600, they magically increased the price to $14569. Classic bait and switch.

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!!

Once you overpay 3 times as advertised its no longer " for a military". And in the website it does not even say anything about the military. In fact, its still "baiting" for the new victims. They are not editing their listings.

"My order was canceled five days after placing it due to "low stock".

In the email CDW sent to me, they stated that their inventory system allows customers to place orders for items that are not in stock.

All I have to say is THANK YOU FOR WASTING MY TIME!!!

Avoid this pathetic example of a tech retailer and spend your money someplace else.

"CDW.com may be big company but CAN NOT fill small order.
Should have indicated if items are limited - not an email stating order was cancelled after a week. Disappointing!

"Placed a order for 2 items at CDW, received the order confirmation email , later check couple days with my order number what happen to it and it failed to show, they went ahead and canceled my order without telling me or emailing me because they went out of stock. POOR, customer service and NOT a place to buy from, don't trust company that do business like this, I will never buy from you again nor will I ever recommend any one to you, in fact I will tell anyone thinking of buying from you to STAY FAR AWAY! Bad business is bad bussiness"

"Stop trying to fool the public with false advertisement. For example: CDW Part: 3271531. This shows a camera with a lens attached right next to the price. I could not find anywhere on the site stating "body only". Just shoddy, tricky advertisement to entice the suckers, right guys? One of the partners in trickery told me on the phone he was offended by me pointing out this obvious attempt to fool us. I countered by saying I too was offended by this blatant attempt to fool the public. I'm going to inform the public as best I can with a summary of my conversation with this mostly unsatisfactory company. Look at all the "red" marks this apparent gyp joint has received.

"Great service. They take care of my business needs. I really like the fact that they have account managers that help you with your purchases both small and large!!"

This review was modified by Apaterak on February 25 2014 01:32:51 PM

"I have used CDW for years and bought many things from them with no problems. I have always experienced outstanding customer service. To all the nay-sayers about their customer service; remember these guys are human and perhaps a little courtesy and professionalism on your part would go a long way. Because of the number of things I buy, I do have an assigned customer service representative that I have dealt with for several years and that seems to make all the difference."

"how could they accept an order for an out of deal stock. And also not pay back the amount. This is just another scam on the internet"

This review was modified by vitromal on October 16 2013 07:21:23 PM

"Terrible Customer service. Asked for an RMA to send back two printers we never used which turned out to be the wrong model and the RMA never came and due to the length of time the vendor denied the return. Now my small business is stuck with two printers we'll never be able to use. My choice now is to try and sell them on ebay for a third of what we paid new. Thanks CDW for sticking it to a small business. "

Share CDW.com's store rating

CDW.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CDW.com is not a merchant member
CDW.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!