CDW.com Reviews - cdw.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.33/10 76 reviews

CDW.com is not a merchant member
CDW.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Great service. They take care of my business needs. I really like the fact that they have account managers that help you with your purchases both small and large!!"

modified review This review was modified by Apaterak on February 25 2014 01:32:51 PM

"I have used CDW for years and bought many things from them with no problems. I have always experienced outstanding customer service. To all the nay-sayers about their customer service; remember these guys are human and perhaps a little courtesy and professionalism on your part would go a long way. Because of the number of things I buy, I do have an assigned customer service representative that I have dealt with for several years and that seems to make all the difference."

"how could they accept an order for an out of deal stock. And also not pay back the amount. This is just another scam on the internet"

modified review This review was modified by vitromal on October 16 2013 07:21:23 PM

"Terrible Customer service. Asked for an RMA to send back two printers we never used which turned out to be the wrong model and the RMA never came and due to the length of time the vendor denied the return. Now my small business is stuck with two printers we'll never be able to use. My choice now is to try and sell them on ebay for a third of what we paid new. Thanks CDW for sticking it to a small business. "

"Today I received the most awful customer service from an agent called Robert Nixon at CDW in New Jersey. After several pointless conversations, I decided to cancel the order.

I placed the order online which seemed easy enough, and then I was called by a customer services representative and it all went down hill from there. He was plain rude and seemed more interested in being obtuse and trying to catch me out (he obviously got some sad sort of kick out of that), rather than actually helping me with my order. He questioned why I actually needed the product that I had ordered, and in a very patronizing way wanted to know what I was going to do with it (it was a networking device for home use, no biggie, and he was after all just a sales agent, not tech support!). Once we had got over that hurdle, on the next call back (he had called me back and left a VM to call him again), he basically wanted to ask me for the customer services number of my bank from the back of my credit card. This seemed odd since they had already charged my credit card, and seems pretty irrelevant, but I cooperated.

Anyhow, he was then unhappy because the number that I had called him back on was a different number than my cell phone. I explained that my battery had run out and I was simply using a different phone. He actually wanted me to explain to him why I was calling him back on a different phone number and how did I get the voice mail if I didn't have any battery! (The battery ran out after i had checked his voice mail). Why did this matter, and why did he need to interrogate me about this, and more than once?! This was completely irrelevant to trying to solve the issue in hand. I then told him to cancel the order since I was so disgusted with his attitude. Probably the worst customer service I've ever had. I think I'll be advising my company to switch away from CDW in the new year.

modified review This review was modified by Mkg16 on December 27 2012 09:16:57 PM

"Placed order with CDW shipping location we use is a UPS store.
The company no longer delivers to UPS stores...never mind that
we had the same shipping address for the last ten years.
Maybe I hire someone to stand there and look stupid waiting
for parcels from CDW at my office location...yeh right.
Your competitor had no issues shipping..please pass the word and
boycott CDW. Reply cdw@netmail.ws

"Placed an order for a monitor on 7/27 never got an email of shipping, when online chat with an agent, told me my billing shipping was an issue and that they called me on the 27th, I never got a call from them as they said, here is my email to them. I would really steer clear from this company, it has fraudulent web site signals written all over it!

I spoke with a chat agent, I requested the order be cancelled, would you please send me a cancellation email, the chat person abruptly disconnected the chat once she said the order was cancelled. Also, I think it is bad business to tell someone over chat that they need to get a pre-paid wire transfer to complete the order, that raises a fraudulent web site flag to most. Everyone knows never to send a cash wire transfer to conduct business on the internet these days. Unbelievable, I ordered the same exact product from Amazon just now and at nearly the exact price you had offered, and already got a shipping confirmation, and I used the exact billing shipping information that I gave your company. So being told that my billing shipping was an issue I believe was just an attempt to get me to do a wire transfer.

"We purchased from CDW back in 2005 and haven't purchased anything since. Then out of the blue, we got a charge on our credit card! Coincidentally we have had no charges from them until now, when our credit card is going to expire at the end of this month. Seems very suspicious to me! We called them about it and they threw us into voice mail. Of course we're disputing the charge with our credit card company... Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that they keep your credit card numbers on file!! Beware!!"

"This company is a joke!
I placed an order for 2 Samsung drives on Nov. 27. I got an order confirmation. Then on Dec. 5 I got a Backorder notification email stating "Once the items are secured, we will ship them to you" with an est. ship date of 12/22/11. On 12/16/11 upon checking on the status of my order I found out that it had been cancelled. I emailed them and got an email back saying that they needed to confirm my order and I did not call them to confirm therefore the order got cancelled. I had already gotten a confirmation email from them and it did not say anywhere that I needed to RE-CONFIRM my order.
The sales rep Thomas Howell is a lying sack of s*#t for never calling calling me nor sending a single email to inform me that he had cancelled my order. Apparently what happened was that I placed my order for the drives at $79 each as advertised then when the items were back in stock they raised the price to $189.99 EACH. They refused to fill the order at the original advertised price so they cancelled my order. That's 140% increase in price.
They are the absolute worst company to do business with.
BE AWARE!

"Everyone is being decent on this post.

I will start by telling you I will never buy anything from these MF...They are a joke, I was trying to find out the status of my order and sales rep would not answer my calls until I blocked my number and his response was he was on the phone saw my number but did not have the courtesy of calling me back, what and idiot. My order was suppose to be shipped next day air and four day later they did not have an answer for me. Mind you everything was in stock. In my 20 of doing business they are without a doubt worst company I have dealt with.

When to a mom and pop shop locally and they provided an 1 hour later all my tracking numbers for next day delivery.

Beware do not engage this company they will be deceitful. lie to you and have no respect for you.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'll ask the same question as was posted in one of the reviews below. What's the point of having a re-sale site if you are not selling? I placed an order, which was confirmed with an order number, just to get an e-mail later saying they can't accept a payment by credit card and I have to wire the money. My question 'Why?' was answered (take a wild guess): 'You have to wire the money'. I asked my dad to try and place an order. His order was also not accepted saying 'It's your daughter's order' (we all live at the same address). Are these people out of their minds???? Never shop here again!"

"Whats the point of shopping here when you order something, and they call and say we cant ship it to you"

"Easily the worst buy I made in Canada so far.
One product was incorrectly listed and they don't accept it.
And the other one, which I had chosen because it was 'in stock', was actually not in stock...

I'll never buy with them again.

Ps.: And I'm not even mentioning the really really poor customer support.

"The Worst company online! I placed an order and got the confirmation; next day I got e-mail with a quote that had an order number, and the next day when I login it displays the order as cancelled! With no notification!

I buy a lot online but the are THE WORST ever

"Worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. Don't ever purchase anything from these people."