Stores > CDW.com
  • CDW.com

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
Voice your opinion! Review CDW.com by clicking a star below.
2017-07-27

Bait and switch

"Placed the order online based on a product that was in stock. When I viewed the order it said the computer would be shipped in 3 weeks. I then contacted customer service and they told me they could ship the same computer for a higher cost but I would have to wait if I wanted the cost I paid for in my order. They actually told me that they had 22 units in stock. I canceled the order. A completely transparent bait and switch. I will never try to order from this site again. Horrible is truly a correct description of this company's business practices. "

2017-06-22

Worst online buying experience

"Three days after placing an order I received an email saying my credit card address didn't match the billing address I supplied (but it does). I phoned in and after talking to two different reps I was told "we don't ship to UPS Stores -- that's our policy". Which is ridiculous and again a first for me after having a UPS/MBE box for over 20 years."

2017-06-15

Just avoid the bad experience

"Spent weeks trying to order products, they refused to give me a delivery date **** funds which are still unavailable. I advise people to shop elsewhere no matter what."

2017-06-05

Not delivery

"Bad experience, I placed an order two weeks ago where it said availability 2-4 days and I paid for shipping 2-5 days, I called today to see if they have a track of the shipping and was told it has not shipped and I will need to wait another three weeks before it is. I can understand products been sold and run out of stock, what I don't understand its misleading customers into buying something and not communicating it will not ship (it still says availability 2-4 days on the website for the product). I wasted two weeks for something I need to run my business and if I don't call I would had been out of luck for three more weeks. thanks but no."

2017-02-01

Horrible communication, abysmal customer service

"Sat on my order for a week, no notifications of any kind. Refused to ship to our office, required we ship to agents house. Horrible experience all around, would never purchase anything from them again. "

2016-09-15

Don't waste your time

"Ordered a computer and the only correspondence I ever received was the order confirmation. When I called to ask about when it would be shipped was told it would ship in two weeks. They put a hold on my credit card for two weeks for the total amount even though it hadn't shipped. Two days after the it was supposed to be shipped I called because I hadn't heard from them.
They did not ship and wanted me to send a wire transfer. I never received an email a phone call or any notice that they were not going to ship the computer and their "customer service" was nonexistent. They were so arrogant. The fact that they had never communicated the change or contacted me and had just canceled the order was ok with them. They had no concern over the problems this may have caused for me. I would NEVER waste my time with this company. There is nothing that they carry that you can't get elsewhere for a similar price with real customer service instead of faux customer service.

2016-08-03

Total Disaster

"Complete joke and very regrettable purchase. Contradictory emails, ambiguous delivery method and erroneously set up product. Instead of receiving license electronically for speedy use of software (as indicated) wound up waiting on a physical copy. Poor cancellation system and prohibitive return structure ensure you are locked in for the very poor ride. Seriously worth avoiding this distributor. "

2016-07-14

Bad experience

"Made an order of 2 programs for my server. On the next day decided to order one more program.
CDW .com called me and asked me unacceptable questions, where do i live who is my landlord and why I made third order separately from other two. Like I understood it is an online store and I can order anything I want and when I want. They replied that credit manager will decide and follow up. Follow up on what. Did I applied for mortgage or credit from this people. Also this company is third party between real selling companies. At this time it was Semantic products that I purchased. Crazy company bad customer support and completely unacceptable policy. Canceled order and purchased directly from Semantic. Do not buy from them let them go bankrupt. With business they do that is no point to buy from third party.
Gennady.
gmargus@yahoo.com

2016-06-20

Order canceled, never notified

"I ordered a DVD Burner and two weeks later when I wondered why it never came I called and found out it was cancelled, no reason or notification ever. Not a good way to do business."

2016-02-23

CDW has the poorest Customer Service in the USA!

"I placed an order on an item that did NOT say it was out of stock. I checked on my order later and found out it was out of stock and I need it ASAP! No phone call, no email from CDW letting me know. I sent them an email that (Fri.) morning and received a response (copying the cust. serv. rep) on Mon. at 2 PM. The rep calls me the same day at 5PM after I had left work. I phone him the next day and he gives me a load of bull and gets put out 'cause I'm upset about their lack of urgency and customer service. I will NEVER order from them again!"

2016-01-16

Get a business account established and you are good

"Been dealing with them for 9 or 10 years and I like their service from their reps... you probably just need a big enough business account to get a really good rep. I've had one excellent top the line rep and one above average rep. The ordering is very simple for me and they deliver when expected 95% of the time. If I am about to order something late and need to make sure it's going to get here at a certain time, both reps have told me to contact them directly to be certain and let THEM place the order. This is a surefire way if you need something the next day. Otherwise if I need it next day and it's before say 2 or 3 PM CST, I just use the website IF CDW's website says IN STOCK in green letters by the item. If it doesn't say in stock, you are not getting it next day via their website. "

2015-11-18

"I would give zero stars, but that sadly was not an option! Check this out; I placed an order at 10:10am yesterday, got the confirmation that the order was good one minute later, an hour later some guy in sales sends me another confirmation with his contact info....so the order's in and good. My order qualified for free shipping ground, but I needed it next day air so I paid the hefty additional fee for that service.

At 7pm the sales idiot sends me an E-mail that the order didn't ship; no prior phone call all day, NOTHING. This morning I called to inquire what the screw-up was and after researching a customer service rep tells me, "Sorry; I can ship it today and you'll have it for tomorrow." A lot of good THAT does me when I needed it TODAY (which is what I paid for)!

The rep says the sales schmuck left me a voicemail that the order wouldn't ship, but that's BS-- I have no voicemail and no record of a phone call on my caller id...so the guy's lying to cover his butt. But it gets worse; I checked my VISA card transactions and they charged not only the full amount of the purchase, but an additional 50% fee!!! Why? The customer service rep couldn't say and didn't really care either. To say that I am dissatisfied is an under-statement.

CDW is now a four letter word in my vocabulary...and this was a costly error in their part as I'm the buyer for my company, which is a national account for two of their competitors! Had CDW gotten this right, they stood to get $50K in annual sales from my firm. CDW, never again.!!!

morcowbel293's Avatar

Davenport, IA
2015-10-30

"Very surprised by the other reviews I see for this site. I have had nothing but excellent experience with them. On my most recent order, I needed a part asap so I called to verify part availability and customer support was extremely helpful, even following up via email, and responding to my direct emails which most websites wont do. Price and selection were great and my order arrived on time the next day as expected. I will look here first for my next order."

2015-09-17

"I should have read the reviews before I ordered anything from these guys! This was a Government agency order and I needed a simple invoice emailed to me. I had to call them three times before they sent me the invoice, the keep saying "we will send it in 15 minutes"..And guess what after they sent me the invoice I realized the name on the invoice was some lady I did not know. I called to have them correct the invoice and I was told the account manager will call me back. I'm still waiting to receive my order/call. STAY AWAY!"

2015-09-13

"I order about every two months and have good experience 90% of the time. I routinely order late in the day and receive the merchandise the next morning. Pricing is fair and customer service is as you would expect for a large company. "

Share CDW.com's store rating

CDW.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CDW.com is not a merchant member
CDW.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!