Stores > CDW.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I would give zero stars, but that sadly was not an option! Check this out; I placed an order at 10:10am yesterday, got the confirmation that the order was good one minute later, an hour later some guy in sales sends me another confirmation with his contact info....so the order's in and good. My order qualified for free shipping ground, but I needed it next day air so I paid the hefty additional fee for that service.

At 7pm the sales idiot sends me an E-mail that the order didn't ship; no prior phone call all day, NOTHING. This morning I called to inquire what the screw-up was and after researching a customer service rep tells me, "Sorry; I can ship it today and you'll have it for tomorrow." A lot of good THAT does me when I needed it TODAY (which is what I paid for)!

The rep says the sales schmuck left me a voicemail that the order wouldn't ship, but that's BS-- I have no voicemail and no record of a phone call on my caller id...so the guy's lying to cover his butt. But it gets worse; I checked my VISA card transactions and they charged not only the full amount of the purchase, but an additional 50% fee!!! Why? The customer service rep couldn't say and didn't really care either. To say that I am dissatisfied is an under-statement.

CDW is now a four letter word in my vocabulary...and this was a costly error in their part as I'm the buyer for my company, which is a national account for two of their competitors! Had CDW gotten this right, they stood to get $50K in annual sales from my firm. CDW, never again.!!!

This review was modified by avm51 on November 18 2015 08:04:28 AM

morcowbel293's Avatar

Davenport, IA

"Very surprised by the other reviews I see for this site. I have had nothing but excellent experience with them. On my most recent order, I needed a part asap so I called to verify part availability and customer support was extremely helpful, even following up via email, and responding to my direct emails which most websites wont do. Price and selection were great and my order arrived on time the next day as expected. I will look here first for my next order."

"I should have read the reviews before I ordered anything from these guys! This was a Government agency order and I needed a simple invoice emailed to me. I had to call them three times before they sent me the invoice, the keep saying "we will send it in 15 minutes"..And guess what after they sent me the invoice I realized the name on the invoice was some lady I did not know. I called to have them correct the invoice and I was told the account manager will call me back. I'm still waiting to receive my order/call. STAY AWAY!"

This review was modified by noshit on September 17 2015 11:06:22 AM

"I order about every two months and have good experience 90% of the time. I routinely order late in the day and receive the merchandise the next morning. Pricing is fair and customer service is as you would expect for a large company. "

"Ordered a scanner for my new home office in the morning online. Later in the afternoon got a call from CDW's customer service. Was told that they don't show that I live at my home address. (Have been living at 4 months now.) Explain this to the csr. Then because I had moved from WI to FL my cell number is a WI area code so they again accuse me of not living in FL. Insist that I provide a landline. I don't have a landline...does anyone have one anymore? Then they want the credit card number again and the 3 digit code. They made me feel like I was getting scammed. I cancelled the order. Then called and asked to speak with someone to complain about how I was treated. They transferred me to the "supervisor" who, as you guessed it, was not at her desk. I left a message and am pretty sure no one will ever call back. Worst treatment by a company ever!!!!"

This review was modified by JTColors on January 05 2015 02:32:17 PM

"My experience began when I ordered a Belkin FlipBlade stand from CDW in mid November The price was better than anyone else on the web even with $12.99 shipping which seemed like a lot for such a small device. Since this was going to be a Christmas present, I thought that the shipping costs were appropriate for "2-4 days availability" as stated on their web site. When I didn't receive the item, I contacted CDW's customer service in early December. I was told that the item would be "drop shipped" directly from the manufacturer. I asked the customer service rep if that would affect CDW's 2-4 days estimate of availability and the response was "we have no way of knowing when they will ship the item." I asked why I was paying for delivery of an item in "2-4 days" when after 3 weeks it could have been sent by snail mail (not to mention that I was never informed of the order status prior to my inquiry.) The customer service rep promised to get back to me with a better estimate, but never did. When I called back on December 16 nearly one month after placing my order, the rep seemed annoyed that I didn't understand the concept of "drop shipping" and said that I would "probably get the order by December 22nd." The moral of this story is CDW misrepresents their inventory and delivery capabilities. If they stated that they would have to source the product and couldn't guarantee delivery, I would never have paid them in advance."

"We are a local government agency. We ordered two toughbooks and docks. The service rep from CDW spec'd everything out. We received the computers within a month. Took 5 months to get the docks. Installed the docks and attempted to put in the laptops and they would not fit. Contacted CDW and advised them the docks were not the correct match. One month later, they agree after investigating and sent correct docks. Got them up and running. Story not over. Try to return the incorrect docks, they refuse to give us an RMA and want us to pay for them. Not happening. This is the worst company we have ever dealt with in our entire history. "

"Worst customer service ever! I will never Use them again and i ended up cancelling my order due to the fact that they didn't ship my item because I had a separate billing and shipping address. I was told i would get the Item with in 2 to 5 days well its been 4 and i just found out they haven't even shipped it yet, So I am now going to use amazon. I should have never strayed away from amazon in the first place for only saving 4 dollars anyway. "

"I have to wonder how much the 5-star reviewers were paid. Orders are sloooow to ship, if they ship at all. They have lousy customer service. My rep will call me back - after a day or two - to tell me he's waiting for customer service to get him an answer to whatever question I posed (generally: "Where's my order?"). Right now I'm waiting to hear if an order I placed that was supposed to ship within 9 days has shipped today, day 11. Of course, my rep won't answer the phone. My company needs this stuff in 3 days, and I have a feeling we aren't going to get it. I am SO done with CDW."

This review was modified by xd357sig on September 09 2014 03:07:44 PM

"I ordered laptops for my company from CDW. The total order amount is more than $10K. They called carrier to ship the packages back after the package shipped. It is very bad experience. RIght now, they haven't refund my money. I will never order anything from them. CDW is an absolute SCAM !!!"

This review was modified by xudeng on August 05 2014 10:36:00 PM

"I placed the order for Nexus 7010. The sales reps sent invoices right away, heated up the phone from calling many times in order to get my credit card number.

So on here its $4600.

Mark Wehrle sent invoices , called, his colleagues called nonstop to get the order placed. They took the card info via the phone and said no worries it will be shipped within 5-8 days.

So the order was placed on Friday. Now I am checking on Monday whats the status, and it says: "Order not found".
I initiated the chat, and they say its for military. But dont worry Mark will send you the updated part shortly. And then, here we go:

Requested: 6/30/2014
Quote #: FKMF948
Quote Reference: 140630
Grand Total: $14,569.78
Customer Number: 12182180

The same item. From $4600, they magically increased the price to $14569. Classic bait and switch.

Once you overpay 3 times as advertised its no longer " for a military". And in the website it does not even say anything about the military. In fact, its still "baiting" for the new victims. They are not editing their listings.

"My order was canceled five days after placing it due to "low stock".

In the email CDW sent to me, they stated that their inventory system allows customers to place orders for items that are not in stock.

All I have to say is THANK YOU FOR WASTING MY TIME!!!

Avoid this pathetic example of a tech retailer and spend your money someplace else.

"CDW.com may be big company but CAN NOT fill small order.
Should have indicated if items are limited - not an email stating order was cancelled after a week. Disappointing!

"Placed a order for 2 items at CDW, received the order confirmation email , later check couple days with my order number what happen to it and it failed to show, they went ahead and canceled my order without telling me or emailing me because they went out of stock. POOR, customer service and NOT a place to buy from, don't trust company that do business like this, I will never buy from you again nor will I ever recommend any one to you, in fact I will tell anyone thinking of buying from you to STAY FAR AWAY! Bad business is bad bussiness"

"Stop trying to fool the public with false advertisement. For example: CDW Part: 3271531. This shows a camera with a lens attached right next to the price. I could not find anywhere on the site stating "body only". Just shoddy, tricky advertisement to entice the suckers, right guys? One of the partners in trickery told me on the phone he was offended by me pointing out this obvious attempt to fool us. I countered by saying I too was offended by this blatant attempt to fool the public. I'm going to inform the public as best I can with a summary of my conversation with this mostly unsatisfactory company. Look at all the "red" marks this apparent gyp joint has received.

Share CDW.com's store rating

CDW.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CDW.com is not a merchant member
CDW.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!