"i have a long history with them in exess of 1500 cds in 4 orders with no problems
they go out of there way to get me taken care of
i will order again and they will be top knotch as always
this is unusual because i will not repeat business if it comes down to saving 2 bits
not exactly a home user nore of a comp junkie i have re-built 6 computers this year not including my own

"Order shipped very quickly and arrived likewise, in excellent condition, as promised. A fine seller."

"These guys are not listed on pricegrabber.com, they are listed on pricewatch.com, but pricewatch is lame in that it does not have any reseller ratings or reviews available.

Their RMA procedure is TERRIBLE, it is NOT automated so you have to wait for a person to send you an email with an RMA number and instructions on where to ship the return. you must return items within 25 days of the ship date, it took me 4 days just to get an RMA number.

They require you to supply a serial number for returned products, for me this meant having to open the box to get the number off the motherboard. These guys are the only ones I've run into that require a serial number.

On top of all this, their customer support staff is rude. I would NOT purchase from them again. Save yourself some grief, buy from a reseller listed in pricegrabber so you can see their rating. READ THE REVIEWS, especially the bad ones. I have used newegg and yesmicro, they're better than CDR Express, but watch out for newegg's return policy on CPU's... 7 days, and if you use 3-4 day shipping you may get burned.

"I build computers for friends and non-profit groups. I ordered an Optorite Combo CD/RW/DVD, 48x24x48x16. Out of all the parts ordered for this computer this one got here first and was exactly what I ordered, in a brand new retail package. I have not started it up yet (still waiting for parts), so far I'm impressed by their service."

"I made a very small purchase and got first class treatment. Same day shipping, free shipping, fast shipping, email updates on the order, and email updates on tracking the order. Super job all around."

"They also do business as MemoryMedia, which is the name under which they ripped me off. Advertised 48x CD-R media in a cake box, shipped 16x without packaging. I insisted that they send me a prepaid UPS shipping label since I am not responsible for their fraud. So far, no label, no RMA, no refund, no nothing.

I am going to sue them in small claims court. More trouble than it's worth for me, but I tired of being ripped off by assholes like this and want to teach them a lesson.

"Ordered an Enlight Power supply. It shipped on time, cheapest price with shipping that I found. The ordering process was seamless. I got a tracking number and receipt pronto. Don't see what all the negative buzz with this company is about. I'll admit the negative comments almost caused me not to order but this one turned out fine. Maybe I was lucky. I would order again."

"I ordered an ABIT NF7S NForce2 mobo.
I received an ABIT KD7S VIA KT200 mobo, however, it the box was marked with a CDR product code (8843) sticker that should have been a standard KD7 (about $38 less than the board I purchased).

I have emailed their sales department to hopefully receive some sort of consideration, but haven't heard anything.

They had been an OK company in the past, but apparently they have gone downhill in a hurry. I should have checked reseller first, as I went on a friends recommendation. A 1.5 rating over the last 6 month period, is pretty pathetic.

The basic issue is this. There is no quality control. Not only did I get the wrong board, they are mislabeling the products internally. I could have received a board worth only about 70% of what I paid.

"Ordered a cdrw drive. It arrived damaged. The box was undamaged but the item had been dropped. By the looks of it, more than once. Got an RMA and returned it at my expense.

They denied FedEx delivered it. When shown the proof-of-delivery signature, "no one works here by that name". After several calls to them and to FedEx, CDRExpress found it and agreed to send a replacement drive.

After more than a week since I was told a replacement was on the way, it still hadn't left their location. I cancelled the order and ordered from a competitor.

The $15 restocking fee was not refunded until after several more calls.

They mean well, they just don't have a clue what they are doing or what they have. If you are not in a rush for your merchandise, they do have good prices.

There are a lot of resellers out there who won't make you work so hard. Go find one and skip this one.

"Ahh...Cdrexpress. I can't believe this company still is in business.

What can I say, i ordered a Lite-on 54x burner, a geforce4, and a audigy gamer sound card. 3 Days later (good shipping time), an athlon XP 2100 and some 128megs of Kingston ram arrive at my door. The invoice also has a motherboard i've never heard of (for 900 Mhz CPUs), which never came either. I DID NOT ORDER THESE PARTS. Somehow when i ordered my order must have gotten swapped with another customers.

So I call up, and the INSIST I ORDER THEM. Trevor, the owner tells me "COMPUTERS DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES, YOU ORDERED THESE PARTS." Luckly after being hung up on 3 times by the owner of the company because he INSISTED it was my fault, I was able to contact a sane representitive who put in an RMA for the parts. I ordered elsewhere and Will never order there again.

So if you want to order where the customer is always wrong, look no further. Notice this company has a 2.5/10 rating? Stay away.

"Horrible Service. The product was ordered 4 Business days before it was shipped out! This was using two day air. The product arrived a day too late. That day happened to land on a Saturday which is not a normal delivery day and was not able to be delivered unttil monday (3 days late). It says on their site:

"All in stock products will ship within 1 to 2 business days of the date our system receives the order (see above). Shipments requested via next day or 2 day air are given priority and will be shipped first."

Stay away unless you don't care about the shipping times at all...

"Ordered an Asus A7M266 mobo ... they shipped it out pretty quickly and it works just fine. No problems. Would do business with this company again. "

"I ordered an ABit KX7-333R motherboard from these guys a few days ago. I haven't gotten it yet, but that's not the problem. I've had to talk to customer service reps a few times since ordering it and they are horrible. I've never had customer service treat me so rudely. The last customer service rep I spoke to, Jan, was reasonable; but the two other gentlemen were caustic in nature and obviously didn't want to be on the phone. I will never order from CDR Express again simply based on the quality of their customer service."

"I ordered 100 CD Stomper Pro glossy white labels. They came pretty quickly... but when I opened the box I got a pack of labels die cut in the wrong format (not like the Stompers are), they are not as white, not as glossy and the glue isn't as good (as the real deal).

I definitely didn't get what I ordered. It's a shame as I had ordered the Stomper labels from them in the past and got the real thing (not a cheap imitation). I'm very disappointed.

ID

"MOBO in stock but not on their website when I ordered over the phone. Polite and fast. Free ground. 3 days later a happycamper.
Will buy from CDR again.

modified review This review was modified by Bohica on June 26 2002 08:20:05 AM

CDR Express is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CDR Express is not a merchant member
CDR Express does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!