• Buybackworld.co

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.28/10 8.28/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.70/10 7.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.08/10 8.08/10

"Buybackworld.com offered me $392 for my laptop. I forgot to charge my laptop before mailing it in. I was told an uncharged laptop might delay processing, but I wasn't in a hurry, so I figured it wasn't a big deal. I got an e-mail saying "We discovered that your Apple Macbook Air [...] does not power on after fully charging it." They reduced their offer from $392 to $85. My laptop was in perfect working order when I sent it, so I was suspicious. I rejected their reduced offer and told them to mail it back to me. Once the laptop was returned to me, I charged it myself, and confirmed that it was still in perfect working order. They lied! They hadn't fully charged it before testing it. In fact, they hadn't charged it at all. They'd just assumed it was broken. I mailed my laptop in to competing buyback service - Gazelle. Their starting offer wasn't as generous -- they only offered me $300. This time I did charge it before mailing it in, and within one day of them receiving my laptop, I got the full $300 transferred directly to my Paypal."

"I sold buybackworld my old MacBook Pro. They mailed be a free shipping kit, I packed up the laptop, and handed it off to the mailman. A couple days later they got it and I was paid. They also offered me the most amount of money for my MacBook so I'm happy. "

Rep reply posted Jul-07-2015

BuyBackWorld, Buybackworld.com rep has responded

“Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate the feedback! Please visit us again soon.”

"I was very happy with the whole transaction. Buybackworld offered the best price for the phone and the whole process took only a week."

"Very good experiences with Buybackworld.com. Consistently the highest price for used cell phones. Easy and simple to use."

"Transaction went smoothly. No complaints. I would sell more stuff to them. "

"I sold my samsung galaxy s2 phone to buybackworld. Great service. The transaction wwas fast and seamless. I would recommend them to my friends and family who have old electronics to sell."

"Great transaction experience. I described accurate condition of item sent and received the amount promised. I would use them again. "

"When I sent my iPhone 5s in, it was in perfect working condition with no scratches. Communication was very good from them, however after they "inspected" it, I got an email that said my phone would not power on after being charged and was offered about $160 less than the original offer or they offered to send it back, which I did have them do. I think this is a scam as I was using my phone with no problems until just days before I mailed it into them and I had absolutely no issues at all. I now have my phone back but it will not power on. They either switched batteries on me or damaged mine somehow! Don't do business with them. There are many other companies that are much more honest! I'll stick with Gazelle or NetWorth from now on."

"Buyback world is absolutely the best place to sell your electronics. They honor their price and will let you know immediately if something is wrong. They are very quick at processing items and paying. I will never do business with anyone else. They also have great customer service, they are a pleasure to deal with."

"I would highly recommend Buybackworld.com to anyone thinking of selling their used electronic devices. They offered the most money and the process was easy as they supplied the needed materials to ship my laptop to them. Just be aware that only a few companies are legitimate and Tia company is one of the few."

"I had a problem and after several emails, I am happy to say it was resolved."

"I was very disappointed. Buyback world said my phone was 8GB not 16. I checked with my records and also Apple Support and it was in fact 16. I was originally promised $42 if in excellent condition. Then was offered $15 as you claimed it was only an 8. I noticed meanwhile that on your site $42 was no longer offered for the iPhone 4 and had changed to !9.00. I could have understood only receiving 19.00 but to tell me it was an 8 and offer $15.00 which was the price for the iPhone 8 GB on your current site seemed unfair."

"This is definitely the best buyback company I've dealt with. I had never heard of them before so I was a bit apprehensive at first sending my phone to strangers over the internet. I mailed in my old iphone using their free shipping label and received an email update in a couple of days. My phone passed inspection and my check was received a couple days later. The selling process couldn't have been easier. I would definitely recommend this company to my friends and family and will be sending them other phones and electronics."

"Great service! Extremely fast and they update you on every detail! Out of all the buyback companies, this one tops them all."

"I never received my check that you said you mailed to me on March 30, 2015. I sent a message previously with no response."

Share Buybackworld.com's store rating

Buybackworld.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Buybackworld.com is a merchant member
Buybackworld.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,847 merchant members.