Stores > Buybackworld.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.59/10 6.59/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.15/10 6.15/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.27/10 7.27/10
Voice your opinion! Review Buybackworld.com by clicking a star below.
2017-03-23

Fail to deliver

"1. You sent me an email on 3/15/17 with the title "... has failed inspection..." However, the message was otherwise completely blank.
2. You sent me 2 emails on 3/20/17 with the title "Your revised offer is about to expire..." Each of these messages included a link "I want my item be returned to me."
3. I clicked on the "I want my item be returned to me" link in response to each of the 2 emails sent on 3/20/17.
4. On 3/20/17 you sent an email titled "Your revised offer has expired."
5. On 3/23/17 you sent an email titled "BuyBackWorld has just sent you money" ... w/ a message saying that $10 was in the mail.

This review was modified by AlanMeyer on March 28 2017 12:00:27 AM

2017-03-23

Easy way to get rid of old electronics

"I checked Gazelle and **** gave me quite a bit more than Gizelle was quoting ($87 vs. $20). Everything was easy. The box they sent to me was slightly smaller than what I needed because of the charger, but I managed to shove it all in there. Process overall was quick and easy. I would use them again for sure. I had been putting off getting rid of my old Mac because I couldn't stomach getting such a small amount for something I paid so much for, but it was 8 years old and was just collecting dust in my house, so I finally realized that the longer I waited, the less I would get. **** had the best price of anywhere else I checked, including selling it myself on eBay."

This review was modified by Tee278 on March 28 2017 12:00:21 AM

2017-02-22

What a pleasant surprise!

" I highly recommend buybackworld to EVERYONE and I will continue to use them because they are responsible, communicative, and I had absolutely no problems or glitches of any kind. A totally perfect transaction. THANK YOU! A++"

This review was modified by cathieway-96325 on February 24 2017 09:45:02 PM

2017-02-16

Fine service!

"Have sold them a few phones. Easy to work with. Prompt payment for the amount originally quoted. Prices always are better than other buyers. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!"

This review was modified by hockeydad93 on February 21 2017 12:00:15 AM

2017-02-14

Buyer Beware - The Quote Didn't Match the Check

"Went on the Buybackworld.com site after seeing postive recommendations from several "tech" sites reviewing the "best places to sell your old phone." Had a previous positive experience so assumed all would be well. Not the case.

Original "instant quote" price quoted was $97 for an iphone 5s 16gb in excellent condition. Current "instant quote" price is $91 for same said device. Check cut and sent to me, no emails in advance, with ZERO notification was $25. My "account' indicates the "instant quote" price was $25. Not once did this number ever appear in the " order process" as I would keep the device for that price.

Dealing with "customer service" chat in hopes to resolve and will be happy to revise if and when they rectify the issue. Even on the remote chance that the device was rated incorrectly by the consumer (not likely), and the device arrived in "better than graded" condition, the company would be better off realizing there was a miss grade and improve the pricing proactively to ensure high ratings and repeat business.

This review was modified by afavre101 on February 18 2017 08:57:44 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-18-2017

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“We're sorry you weren't happy with your experience with us on your most recent transaction. According to our records, we have emailed you on 02/07 regarding the situation, Since then we have sent you multiple reminder emails about the situation. Since we did not hear back from you, your device was processed at the revised offer of $25. We're currently working with you to resolve this situation and as previously stated via email, if you send us the check back, we'll be more than happy to return the device to you.

2017-02-08

Great experience!

"It was easy, they kept me up to date and gave me a fair price for my watch. "

This review was modified by ameriticana on February 10 2017 08:00:02 AM

2017-02-07

Scam!

"I sent in a mint condition samsung galaxy S6 which from day one was always in a case and with a glass cover. I was quoted $130. Sent in wrapped in bubble wrap to avoid damage due to shipping.They changed quote to $20 saying scratched and image burnt on screen. Someone either damaged my phone or they are trying to pull a fast one. I rejected offer and am waiting on my phone to be returned. I have no way of knowing if they are sending me back my phone they damaged or another phone that wasnt mine. There was not one thing wrong with phone when it was sent to them. "

This review was modified by Jstoner33 on February 18 2017 08:53:04 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-18-2017

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“We're sorry you weren't happy with your experience with us on your most recent transaction. All devices that enter our facilities are quickly documented and recorded by their unique serial number. According to our records, you were sent an email regarding a revised offer on 02/06 due to a condition difference in your device due to a Burn in defect which is caused when a device has an image on the LCD which can always be seen on the device. You then proceeded to reject the revised offer and your device was sent back to you. We know we sometimes value your items differently than you do and that is why we always offer hassle-free, no-risk free returns on any transaction if your value changes for any reason as long as you respond within a week of the revised offer. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you again for trying our services.”

2017-02-03

Buyback World delivers on excellent & timely service

"I love a company that means what it says and says what it means. Every step of the way, BuyBackWorld.com walked me through what was going on and what to expect. Best customer service ever. We'll be doing business again. Thanks,"

This review was modified by joecat12 on February 07 2017 12:15:04 AM

2017-02-03

Would definitely use again.

"Pro: Easy process, free shipping, ok communications, has multitude of payment options. No hiccups. For iPad 2nd Gen got move value than any other company I found incl. Gazelle and dcluttr.
4Star: took a little longer from received to completion of 'inspection' than expected. More than a week, which had me nervous for a moment. Website had some issues, took me at least 10 tries to setup account, had problems setting up the payment method, and then later the address. Continuously kicked me out, had to resign in, then didn't want to keep info I input. Nearly was ready to abandon using them for that. But those are the only issues. Hence a solid 4.

This review was modified by TTrade on February 07 2017 12:15:02 AM

2017-01-30

BEST Company To Sell Your Electronics!!!!

"BuyBackWorld is the best company to sell your electronics. They provide more $$$ than any other company and you are paid VERY quickly!!! I would do business again with BuyBackWorld anytime. Thanks!!!"

This review was modified by ReunionPlanner on February 01 2017 09:15:01 AM

2017-01-16

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

"I sent them an iPad in absolutely mint condition that had been in a hard case with a glass cover since day one. The original offer was for $117. Upon receipt they claim one of the buttons was jammed and the hard cover was bent causing exposure to the internals. This absolutely was not how it was sent. They revised the offer to $42. If I reject the offer and have them send it back how do I know they won't send me back someone else's useless piece of crap while they keep the perfectly fine one I sent them. I have no way of telling if it isthe same one sent to them. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! ***UPDATE Yes I had no choice but to accept your offer or receive back an item that was mint when shipped but supposedly damaged to the point the internals were exposed when you received it. Again I am calling Bul#*@$. You returning to me an item not in the condition it was sent to you In was useless to me. And yes, I do value my items and I treat them as such. Again it was kept in a hard cover and protected since day one. When the covers were removed it looked brand new when it was packaged for shipment. I stand by my warning and according to other reviews on Facebook and the BBB I am not the only one to experience this same thing from this company.

This review was modified by Ck37421 on January 26 2017 09:50:49 AM

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“We're sorry you weren't happy with your experience with us on your most recent transaction. All devices that enter our facilities are quickly documented and recorded by their unique serial number. According to our records, you were sent an email regarding a revised offer on 01/16 due to a condition difference in your device caused by a hard bend on the housing. You then proceeded to accepted the revised offer. We know we sometimes value your items differently than you do and that is why we always offer hassle-free, no-risk free returns on any transaction if your value changes for any reason as long as you respond within a week of the revised offer. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you again for trying our services.”

2017-01-13

Don't LOOK anywhere else!!

"This is the best buy back company hands down!! Great price and fast! Don't search any place else, this is the company you want to deal with."

This review was modified by bodo120-25483 on January 17 2017 07:22:00 AM

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“Thanks for the great feedback. We’re glad everything went well and look forward to hearing from you again!”

Fast and Easy Process

"I was very satisfied with the process and prompt payment. Quick response to my inquiry, easy process in sending in my camera, and quick receipt of payment. "

This review was modified by cawleyme on January 17 2017 07:22:07 AM

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“We appreciate you using our services and we’re glad we were able to deliver on all of our promises. Thanks again!”

Easy as Pie

"The entire process from listing my item to selling it and getting my funds went smoothly with no problems."

This review was modified by edwardsdenise66 on January 17 2017 07:22:14 AM

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“We appreciate your kind words and look forward to hearing from you again soon. Thanks again!”

Worked Great!!

"Quick and simple! Submitted buyback request online, and received package in the mail within a week to ship phone back and we then got paid via PayPal in just a few days. They paid us more than what was offered in trade-in value at Cricket Wireless. Received status update emails through every step.
Great experience! Will use them in the future if needed.

This review was modified by broiles on January 17 2017 07:22:21 AM

Share Buybackworld.com's store rating

Buybackworld.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Buybackworld.com is a merchant member
Buybackworld.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,426 merchant members.