Stores > Buybackworld.com
  • Buybackworld.co Buybackworld.com Elite Status
      1817 42nd St
      Astoria, NY US
      The website is open 24/7 365! Customer Support is available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST via Live Chat
      service@buybackworld.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.50/10 8.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.76/10 8.76/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.31/10 8.31/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.61/10 8.61/10
Voice your opinion! Review Buybackworld.com by clicking a star below.
2017-09-15

Excellent Experience

"Very easy to use online quote and item lookup. Shipped three items in shipping materials provided by Buyback. Shipping materials arrived within two days as stated. Shipped out on a Monday and my check for what I was quoted online was on the way to me by Friday. Very pleased."

Rep reply posted Sep-21-2017

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“Great! We’re happy to hear everything went well and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!”

2017-09-02

Perfect experience — every time!

"I've used them several times, and hooked my mom up too. Great service!"

Rep reply posted Sep-21-2017

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“Thanks for the great feedback. We’re glad everything went well and look forward to hearing from you again!”

2017-08-28

Great Service!!

" My whole experience from beginning to end was awesome. I was informed on every step and I will coming back for future visit, with other devices."

2017-08-27

Great Place to sell unwanted electronics

"This is the second time I have use Buybackworld. The process is easy, you just rate your device (fair, good, excellent) they give you a quote based on rating, once inspected you will receive your money it a week to 10 days. Buybackworld will keep you informed on what is going on with your device. While there are other companies that will give you gift card to use toward a purchase, Buybackworld will give you a choice of the money, check, pay pal, or gift card. I like the fact they will mail me a check. Try them you will not be sorry!"

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“We appreciate you using our services and we’re glad we were able to deliver on all of our promises. Thanks again!”

2017-08-26

Horrible customer service

"They do not stick to their timelines. I am still waiting for payment on 2 IPhones. I had to unlock one phone, which I did 3 days AGO, NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. Nasty response on chat. You can't call these people. Hate doing business like this. "

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

We typically aim to process all transactions within a week, but since your transaction came during an extreme influx of trade-ins there was a delay in receiving your order. We emailed you on 08/23 in regards to removing the iCloud lock on your device. However, since we did not hear back from you until 08/28 there was a delay in reinspecting your order. As it stands, your payment was sent out to you on 08/30/17 and your check should be arriving to you within the next week. If you do not receive your check we ask that you please email Service@BuyBackWorld.com in regards to your check and we'll issue you out a new check with a tracking number.

Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.”

2017-08-25

Great Service

"You made it very easy for me to sell you my phone by sending me the preaddressed box and all I had to do was put the phone in and wait for your payment. Thanks. I would recommend and will sell future phones to you."

2017-08-24

Excellent Experience

"Was able to get rid of my calculator and even get money for it. Communication was excellent and directions were clear. I was very happy with the entire process. "

2017-08-22

Scam

"Don't ever use this site total scam. This site took my money then said I was a fraud account when I tried to contact them back they never would reply. Never ever use this site total crooks and a total scam. "

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

Your order was flagged as fraudulent by our system. In order to complete your order we emailed you in regards to providing further documentation in order to complete and process your order. Since we did not hear back from you, your order was cancelled and your funds have been returned to your account.

We hope to hear from you again in the near future. ”

2017-08-16

Great Concept- Questionable Ethics

"I have had three transactions at **** and while they do have a great conceptual business, they lure consumers in with false statements as to their timelines in processing transactions. While there website states that the entire process from when your device arrives to them until you are paid is less than a week, in actuality it could be 3 weeks before a check is issued to you for your device and that is IF all things are running smoothly.

I currently have a package sitting at their facility waiting to be opened by them and its been in that status for 7 days. If it gets opened this week, then it will typically take them 3-4 days to 'inspect' the items, not the 1-2 they advertise. Once inspection is complete it will take them 2-4 days to issue payment, which is an additional 1-2 days more than they advertise.

The devices were not Icloud locked, they were locked by the carrier and I had those two unlocked and updated my order within 1 hour.

What BuyBackWorld does great: Communicate the status of your order - pay you what they quote you - timely sending of packaging materials to submit your devices.

What BuyBackWorld fails in: giving false timelines to customers - form responses from customer service (they will ALWAYS say they had an influx in devices when they are late processing your order, I have 5 emails showing the exact same response)

In summation, my experience with BuyBackWorld is that they pay fairly, give accurate quotes, do provide great communication about the process your device is in, and the inspections are fair. Don't expect them to achieve the timelines they set forth or for the customer service department to actually care about your order. After this many transactions with them, I would use them again but I would lower my expectations so as not to be disappointed.

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

We typically aim to process all transactions within a week, but since your transaction came during an extreme influx of trade-ins there was a delay in receiving your order. As it currently stands we emailed you in regards to two devices in your order having a BAD ESN. At this time we have not heard back from you in regards to you clearing the ESN for both devices. Once we hear back from you we can proceed with reinspecting your device and processing your order for payment. We ask that all devices sent to our facilities be removed of the iCloud lock and cleared for activation for a new user before mailing in your device as these can cause delays in processing your order.

Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.”

2017-08-14

Great transaction!!

"They were quick and kept me informed of progress."

2017-08-11

Best place to sell your old tech online!

"Perfect experience - fast, reliable with great communication and ease of use."

2017-07-28

Amazing service and the process was a breeze!

"No complaints at all! The process to sell my iPhones was very simple and smooth. The instructions and steps was very clear and best of all I got paid! Very happy with my experience!"

Rep reply posted Aug-03-2017

2017-07-25

Best Prices But Unorganized

"They offer the best prices for buyback on phones, but they are very un-organized especially with payments. You have to really watch your invoices to make sure that the payments are made the way you requested them to be paid out and that everything is titled correctly."

Rep reply posted Jul-27-2017

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“We're sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your recent transaction with us and want to make it right. We've reviewed your order and see that you were paid the fully quoted original amount of $1050. We know that there was an issue in regards to your payment, however we have spoken with you and you have received your check on 06/29/17. Again, since you were paid the original quoted amount we thank you for using our services and hope to hear from you again in the near future.”

2017-07-22

Ripped me off

"You ripped me off a whole $40 and lied about the quote amount. Im not giving y'all ppl **** else. Next time I will just go to Walmart and get my money from the machine."

Rep reply posted Jul-25-2017

A rep from Buybackworld.com, BuyBackWorld, has responded

“We're sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your recent transaction with us and want to make it right. As it stands, we have recently spoke to you in regards to the situation and have mailed you an additional check on 07/24/17 for $40 which is the difference from the original $60 Quoted price. Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.”

2017-07-21

Good Service!

"Your website is easy to use, instructions are clear, prices are listed well & there are no hidden fees, email notifications are quick and the check arrives quickly after that. Very happy."

Rep reply posted Aug-03-2017

Share Buybackworld.com's store rating

Buybackworld.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Buybackworld.com is a merchant member
Buybackworld.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,434 merchant members.