• BuyAreaRugs

"The area rug I purchased for $290.70 was not the colored as described, purple. It also was defective and the Manager and rep were rude and didn’t follow with time table. Manager tried to bully me, also stated 6 sets of eyes had looked at the photos I emailed them of the area rug I received and THEY said it was purple. The area rug it is not ‘Purple’ as advertised or shown in the photos. Sent photos to BuyAreaRugs. The tag even says “Clay Grey”. They said they would contact the manufacturer. What? I am buying from them, not directly from the manufacturer. They didn’t respond in their emailed time frame 3 times. I had to call. The gal argued with me stating it didn’t matter what the ‘tag’ says, some colors have names that don’t represent the color (i.e. “stormy”, “Paris rain”). OK, true, but these sort of whimsical names do not have ‘color’ names, like Clay Grey, so more baloney. After phone conversation with manager, getting nowhere with other rep, I was asked by Don, the manager, if I had opened up (untied) the rolled up rug as Don felt the front side could look different than the back. I told him I had not opened it (although I could take the edge of the rug, still tied, and see an area of the front side). I currently have a jute area rug, the one I am looking to replace due to age, and I am very familiar with jute rugs and how both sides look. Having said that, I thought I would give it a try per Don’s suggestion. I did open it and it is the same on the front and the back. In opening the rug, I also found really bad defects in the rug which I emailed the photos. I am familiar with jute rugs, how they are made. I am a former art teacher and also have a degree in Design, so I am not uneducated about colors and jute rugs. Many times I asked for a prepaid postage return ticket which they adamantly refused to do. Then I found the same area rug for sale at Home depot and another online rug store….they call the color ‘Black”. The color is actually a grey nearly black with brown tones weaved in. Needless to say, I filed a bank dispute and won, hands down. Got my money back. Horrible company to deal with, defective product and not color as described or shown.

Share BuyAreaRugs's store rating

BuyAreaRugs is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BuyAreaRugs is not a merchant member
BuyAreaRugs does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!