Buy.comCoupons
    • Address: Aliso Viejo, California
    • Contact: www.buy.com/support
    • Customer Support: 800-800-0800

Product & services pricing Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"Sent the wrong item. Nothing but hassle. I won't be back."

"Ordered a sauna on July 2nd. Cancelled thru their contact form on the website July 3rd, (Cannot contact them on the phone). Got an instant reply that said I contacted them but nothing in the reply said what is was about. They said they would contact me within 48 hours. No email or phone call to me, then on July 9th they charged my CC the full amount, I sent in another cancellation form, they did not reply again. So today I found their phone number on Gethuman.com, really. I called them and they said they were sorry they didn't cancel the order the day after and I would be charged for the full amount. I cancelled my CC and refuted the charges, contacted the BBB. This isn't the old Buy.com folks. Night and day. Never order from Rakuten.com. I have bought over 30k of products on Amazon so yeah I know what I'm doing. "

modified review This review was modified by 3dyacht on July 11 2014 03:17:27 PM

"I purchased a laptop and a USB memory stick on Thursday.

The same day they contacted me, asking to contact with the bank because the charge was denied. I contacted the issuing bank to confirm the charge, and then the charge was approved.

On Monday Lux, Theresa contacted me, asking for another than billing phone number. So I thought perhaps the bank did not update the numbers so I gave my cell phone.

Now, on Tue, which is today, Lux, Theresa contacts me again, demanding to scan my ID from both sides and the credit card, also fill the entire form and sign it. Saying, she has been searching me over the company office, tried to contact the office building (over 100 floor tall) and so on. I guess the also run the background check - so "that you could buy more safely".

5 days wasted. And they want all your personal information. I will never ever buy anything from this company.

modified review This review was modified by Buy_com_Victim on April 15 2014 08:31:52 AM

"Terrible company! I purchased 3 Dell tablets. None of them hold a charge. Buy.com, online purchase is only good for 14 days. We did not open immediately due to a new software upgrade. Once opened we discovered they do not work. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! THEY DO NOT STAND UP FOR THE CUSTOMER!!!!! I lost $756!"

modified review This review was modified by noreen1967 on March 30 2014 07:00:30 AM

"Rakuten is a terrible e-commerce website. They're so focused on acquiring sellers - that they will not hesitate to screw the buyer at any time.
NEVER TRUST THIS WEBSITE !!

modified review This review was modified by Alamiyassine on February 26 2014 04:51:10 PM

" Rakuten
Rakuten
Rating 2/10 1/5
modified review posted Dec-11-2013

I purchased a TV season on blu-ray about a month ago. The order was taking a long time to ship, but I am a patient person so I decided to wait it out.

My order finally shipped almost 2 weeks later, but it was shipped all the way to the wrong side of the country. My current address is the only address on file in my account, and it is simply not possible (nor is there any reason) for me to use any other.

I attempted to contact customer service on four (4) separate occasions, and told each time that I would receive a response within 24 hours. These customer service requests were spaced out through the span of more than 1 week.

My request was simply for this company to send me the item that I ordered to the address that I originally told them to send it to. Seems reasonable to me.

Their decision was to make a 'one time exception' and refund me. First of all, a refund was not what I wanted. I wanted the item that I paid for. Second of all, a 'one time exception' for making up for their own mistake?

This company has given me no reason to trust them, and I cannot recommend this website to anyone.

*edit*

I had also purchased an item through their eBay seller page, and encountered another issue.

There was a significant shipping delay, so they offered a discount for my next order. I was told to reply to their ebay message with my new order number and they would send me $5 in the form of a refund.

I purchased a blu-ray then immediately sent them my order number as directed and requested the refund that was promised. They refused to honor the discount. They simply lied to me in order to get me to purchase something else.

Luckily eBay has buyer protection and I was able to open a case against them. Eventually I was awarded the refund, but not after having to fight with them for weeks.

Never again will I be giving my money to this terrible company.

modified review This review was modified by theshape31 on February 02 2014 09:03:51 AM

"The shipping was fast and the price was great! Actually, the price was too good to be true. The product received was not at all what I had expected from the description. They do not make the return process easy at all either. Customer service is very aloof."

"Weather they go by Buy.com or Rakuten, the company displays absolute disregard for the customer. They send products that do not even resemble the quality of the listing and ignore your efforts to have the sellers honor the transaction.
I am glad it did not cost me much to find this out.

modified review This review was modified by d.estrada on August 15 2013 06:12:33 AM

"i took the risk to have brought a nameless tablet (Freelander PD20)from a nameless seller TOMTOP via rakuten.com(buy.com). rakuten.com asked me to review after the tablet is delivered which i gave 4 stars as the initial use was quite good. i then ordered case and car mount from buy.com, 15 days later i started really using the tablet with the new case. the tablet became dead after about 15 uses(5 charges). i can't blame too much for nameless TomTop or Buy.com for selling such unreliable product(if i knew it is such short-lifed i won't buy it a case and wait until case arrive to start using it), but when i found i have no way to update my review to reflect the fact it dead withing 5 charges i felt kind of unhappy about rakuten.com. i emailed their customer service 4 times in 10 days, each got an auto-reply promising someone would get back to me within 24 hours. none happened, finally a "Nicole| Customer Support" replied but disappeared forever after i merely asked to have a way to update my review(when trying to do so, rakuten.com website always "sorry, you have already reviewed the product.", not at beginning but after you spent all these time and typed in the updates. what to say about them? i used to buy often from them and had even a buy.com credit card dedicated for that. now fewer and fewer and probably rare in future as i can see they no longer care about this business as it used to be. you shop at you own risk!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by eyd98 on July 10 2013 09:06:12 AM

"On the Best Buy website, and found Buy.com advertised an Asus laptop computer for $345.99. I placed order for Asus-11.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Steel Gray-Q200E-BHI3T45 which I already read all specification and warranty for 1 year from category of "New condition".
I received a refurbished Asus netbook with 90 days warranty.
I contacted Rakuten (former buy.com) and they informed if I want a replacement, they would send again the refurbished one. Later day I found the same model / same sku advertised again for 480.xx usd instead of 345.99 usd. They did error on advertising and did not responsible for it. This is NOT PROFESSIONAL company. I already returned the item and would not buy from them again.

modified review This review was modified by Prettygirl on June 12 2013 11:44:47 AM

"Put a fork in 'em. They're done. Ever since Rakuten Shopping took over Buy.com is worthless.

Today I got an email for a faucet that was priced just reasonably enough for me to buy it. It was being sold through a 3rd party but I decided I'd give it a shot. My last order was 9 months ago. After Rakuten came in, selection and price just never seemed to measure up.

So within 5 minutes of getting their promotional email, I clicked the add to cart button and was immediately told there weren't any more faucets available. Weird... I didn't realize faucet demand was that high. So I just did a quick search and found the SAME seller selling the faucet through eBay for $30 more but with more than 800 available.

Not getting it from Buy.com/Rakuten was probably a blessing in disguise. As other reviewers have experienced, it's just not worth shopping at Buy.com when there are so many reliable, consistent choices out there.

"I ordered a $1000 camera with two day shipping, I track the order and signature is required (understandable) I have the shipment held at the UPS office for pickup as I would not be home to sign. I rush to UPS after work and find a $3 camera CLEANING KIT!! and my order is flagged as completed. I went through the HELL of 30 email and 10 phone calls screaming and yelling and 3 weeks by the time it is over. They treated me as if I was a liar even after providing the UPS documentation with shipping weight and tracking numbers. How does a $1000 camera fit into a UPS shipping envelope and weight less than 1 pound? I stopped doing business with them over 10 years ago, I guess I needed a reminder. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN!! "

"This company ripped me back in 2006 when I had bought a refurbished laptop but instead I was send a used and very old laptop. When I complained to the company, they refused to take it back and I lost my money. Laptop never worked. Since then, I learnt a lesson to buy from Amazon or only other good retailers even though I have to pay little bit higher amount.Beware this company has changed its name to Rakuten."

"I ordered a Synology DS213+ NAS through Buy.com Market. The transaction went poorly with the 3rd party reseller, and Buy.com completely failed to help fix the situation. While on the phone with me and a rep from my credit card company, they agreed that the FedEx tracking showed my returned item was received and that I should have received a complete refund for the order. I was told I would get a confirmation call a few days later, but this never happened and neither did the refund. I'm currently involved in a dispute with my credit card company over the charges, no thanks to Buy.com."

"Our last experience with buy.com was not good. We moved and as we checked out we updated our address, check and double checked. The address update was not passed onto the third party vendor who shipped it to the wrong place. buy.com would do nothing to rectify it. Luckily the third party company stepped up. We will not do business again with buy.com"

modified review This review was modified by treearch on January 16 2013 07:25:44 AM

Buy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Buy.com is not a merchant member
Buy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!