Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 2.00/10 785 reviews

ButterFly Photo / outlookaq.com is a merchant member
    ButterFly Photo / outlookaq.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,875 merchant members.
  • ButterFly Photo / outlookaq.com contact information

• Business Hours: Mon-Thurs 10am-8pm

" ****A MUST READ****
The WORST of the WORST!
Butterfly Photo
d.ba. Outlook Aquisition Corp.
d.ba. LCD TV'S
etc.
If you have been cheated, ripped-off, misled and/or defrauded by any of these companies, then please read on.

You do not have to go far into Resellers Ratings.com to find numerous complaints against Butterfly Photo, Outlook Acquisition Corp., or LCD TV's. They have an F Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
***Here is the solution!
Very simply file a complaint with your local District Magistrate against the company in question AND its CEO...
Eli Sakkal
1764 A New Durham Road
South Plainfield, NJ 07080

You DO NOT need an attorney to do this because you file the complaint against the specific company AND Eli Sakkal. Mr. Sakkal will have to appear for the hearing & you can state your case before the court. There is so much evidence of unscrupulous business practices on the part of these companies that you will not lose your case! If you need help, please email me
obxgirlz422@yahoo.com
DO NOT ALLOW COMPANIES LIKE THIS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU AND OTHERS!

"WORST customer service ever. I placed an order, received gibberish email as a receipt. 7 days later, I check status of order to find it was canceled. No phone call, no email, no update as to the status of the order or any type of missive informing me the order had been canceled. I called to find out why, and was put on hold for 20 minutes. Hung up and called back, finally got a live person, Tony, who put me on hold again for another 20 minutes. Hung up and called back, finally after 6 minutes on hold got a live person who informed me the order, was indeed canceled. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"

"This was my single worst online shopping experience ever. I purchased a Canon S90 on November 13. They authorized an upgrade to S95, so I shipped the S90 back to them, which they received on Dec 16.
I did not get an update on my order until late January 2011 - after numerous calls and emails throughout that 30+ time period, they finally said they did not have the S95 in stock. They never respond to emails, and when you call, they always place you on hold. One quick tip - if you press the extension to their sales line, you get connected right away. Don't even bother waiting for the customer service extension...
Anyway, instead of sending me a refund, they sent me a separate PayPal payment, and of course PayPal took a seller cut from my money and I didn't get a full refund. I tried and explained to them that this is not a refund and that I did not sell them anything and that I want my full money back. They pretended not to understand what I am saying and later they started ignoring me. I got tired of wasting so much time with them on the phone, and filed a BBB complaint and am writing this review.
Avoid this place at all costs. They are incompetent, rude, unhelpful and not truthful.

If the reviews here do not convince you to avoid this place, also check out their BBB rating: F as of April 2011 (http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/electronic-equipment-and-suppliers-service-and-repair/butterfly-photo-in-south-plainfield-nj-16006631)

modified review This review was modified by calvin79 on April 05 2011 11:32:43 AM

"If I could give zero stars I would. Save your time, energy and efforts. Butterfly Photo has the worst customer service ever. Nothing but broken promises. I will never do business with Butterfly Photo. You shouldn’t either unless you like to be mislead, like headaches and like aggravation. I wish I read these reviews before I placed my order.

I ordered Canon 7D Digital SLR Camera and several accessories ($2500.00) from Butterfly Photo and paid for 3-5 day delivery simply because they had the best price around. I bought it on a Saturday, 2/12 in the hopes of getting it the following Thursday – Saturday because I travel much of the week and knew I needed to be home for it to sign for the delivery.

A sales rep called me 2-3 days later to review my order and offer/sell additional products. He upgraded my shipping to free- 2 day and confirmed that the order in being processed and I should get it by Friday. I didn’t get it and called and left a message. My voicemail was never returned. I never received a shipping email as promised either and no follow up calls, ever. I also tried using their customer service email address couple times that week and got a standard response that I needed to call for assistance.

On 2/24 I spoke to employee #2 who researched and said apparently the item was out of stock and needed to come from another warehouse. I was told via email that it would be on my doorstep the next day. Sadly – it never arrived. Funny thing – she gave me her direct extension number to call if I had any questions or problems, and when I dialed it, it was another employee’s extension, not hers. Or if it was her extension, her voice got awfully deep in a few days. So I gave it the weekend and still nothing. I don't understand why I never received any emails or phone call from them, in due time, explaining supply problems or issues with my order so that I could've purchased my camera somewhere else and have it when I wanted it.

I had to call them again on Monday 2/28 to find out that there was a problem and I will not be receiving my camera. I spoke to employee # 3. Again, promise, promises, promises. This time I was told she was going to personally oversee this order and ensure that the label is placed on my package to arrive at my home on Thursday 3/3. Once again – another broken promise. I called Thursday 3/3 late morning and spoke to employee # 4 when I still didn’t have a shipping email sent to me with a tracking number as promised. She said that their computers were down and that she’d have employee #3 call me when they were back up. It was 4pm that day – no call, no email. I contacted the company yet again and spoke to employee #4 telling her I didn’t get a call or email as promised. She placed me on hold, and when she came back she said that they were placing the label on my package and that I would receive the next day. At that point enough was enough. My time had been wasted – 3 weeks of stalling tactics. I directed her to cancel my order immediately and credit my account back and to send me an email indicating that this was taken care of. I still need to watch for my credit, as it’s hasn’t been the “2-3 business days” yet to process this. I told her I’d be happy to spend my money elsewhere. I also told her that they should correct their customer service hours that they post on their website, outgoing voicemail messages and canned email responses. They all show/say different times. Very misleading.

Well, I am happy to report that I ordered my camera and accessories through their competitor B&H Photo Video in NYC this Saturday and I am getting EVRYTHING tomorrow. No extra sales call a few days later to further stall my online order. Immediately after my order, I received an email order confirmation. And the 1st business day after I placed my order I received an email with my tracking number. UPS will be here tomorrow. What a wonderful thing great customer service is! I paid just a little more, but it’s worth it.

Is Butterfly Photo doing so well that they can afford to lose a $2500.00 order?

modified review This review was modified by DiRi on March 07 2011 04:10:23 PM

"Awful customer service. Lugnut central. I think this place tries to ride the coattails of reputable places such as "Shutterfly" Photo.

Told us to pay for the expedited shipping and didn't deliver on time.

Rude as hell. I think they hired the rejects from Jersey Shore to handle phone calls. Don't answer phone calls on their posted phone number. Don't even go here. Shady establishment that's built to go nowhere. Have multiple other company names to hide their incompetency.

"Ordered a $400.00 Denmon receiver, but did not open the box until one year later (my mistake).Well, when I finally opened the box to set up my media room, it did not work. No lights . Nothing.
I contacted Butterflyphoto and was instructed to take it up with the manufacturer or sell it on Craigs list.

A display of EXCELLENT customer service would have been for them to take back the faulty product and they should have worked it out with the manufacturer.

I bought the product from them and it was "supposedly" brand new and still in the box!

I will never buy anything else from this company.

modified review This review was modified by ejustice70 on March 03 2011 08:52:21 AM

"Terrible service. I ordered a Canon HF R10 camcorder and paid $20 extra for an expedited delivery. A week later, wondering what had happened, I called up and was told they hadn't shipped anything because they didn't have the color I ordered. First of all, I'm annoyed that they took my money despite not having the item I ordered. Secondly, I'm even more annoyed that they didn't bother to tell me until I phoned up a week later to chase a parcel I'd been anxiously awaiting for days.
I did, luckily, get my money back.

"I actually read these reviews after I made my purchase from ButterFly Photo, and I got really anxious. This is why I am writing this review. Well, I couldn't be happier. I purchased a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 14.1MP Digital Camera ($369.95) from them on Feb 10, and it arrived on the 15th. Granted not the fastest, but it was $30 less than Amazon, which was out of stock anyway. I did, as some other reviewers state, get a call about "add on's." I did take the bait on the extended warranty from CPS, for $34 for 3 additional years of covarage, which included accidental breakage, sand and water damage. With 3 small children how could I say no. Well anyway, I would recommend, and do business with again."

"Like many others, I wish I'd seen these reviews before ordering from Butterfly Photo. I must say the price was the best around and I'm really pleased with my camera, BUT having paid $30 for 1-2 days shipping, I was disappointed that it took 3 days."

"Bought a camera from them and it came about 6 days later. Got it shipped to new york and they are in New Jersey"

modified review This review was modified by keytoi on February 10 2011 05:37:54 AM

"I ordered 4 camera related items from Butterfly on 12/31/10 through Amazon for a total of about $350. My equipment arrived on time as promised in the confirmation emails. No hassles, just the best price and fast shipping. I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely do business again with Butterfly Photo and Amazon."

"I wish I had read these reviews prior to making a purchase with Butterfly. I do NOT recommend this vendor. I bought a DVD Blu Ray player and requested cancellation of the order on the same day which apparently didn't happen. I refused the shipment as per their suggestion. For refund, I had to wait almost a month, make three followup calls with more tha 15min on hold, and emails to customer service. After all this hardwork and frustration, finally I got my refund back. The quality of the service is the WORST!! "

"Although the pricing is great, the shipping is a joke. If you want your product quickly, purchase from somewhere else. If you can wait, then this is your place.

I purchased a Canon T2i DSLR and was excited that there was an option for 1 day shipping. I paid the $30 to ship it quickly. The order processed for 2 days, and partly this was because they wanted to call and offer me more products.

When the camera was shipped with UPS, it was shipped under "GROUND SHIPPING". I asked customer service about this, and the answer was that ground shipping usually only takes 1 day. Why did I pay $30 for 1 day shipping if they are only assuming that ground will get it there in time.

I have to sign for the camera when it comes, so I am either waiting around my house to receive the package or I will miss it and have to wait longer for it.

Great prices, but if you are on a deadline and don't want to deal with the baloney that this website seems to consistently offer, try somewhere else.

"SCAM. bought canon 7d for an excellent price.
Asked several times the salesman who tried to sell me extra expensive accessories to ensure this is a US model new with warranty.....
Sadly. box arrived. clearly someone tampered with the documents (they arrive in a sealed bag, which was cut on the side).
The warranty card is not there!
since they are not authorized resellers for Canon in the US you can not use the receipt!
Bottom line - I'm not covered.

"My credit card was billed over three weeks ago, and Butterfly Photo has yet to ship the camera I purchased. On 26 Nov 10, I ordered a camera from Butterfly Photo's website as a Christmas present for my wife. As of today, 18 Dec, Butterfly Photo has still not shipped the camera. They advertised all items would be shipped in 7-10 business days. I have e-mailed Butterfly Photo twice, with no clear response from them. Butterfly Photo has just told me via e-mail to call them, which is very hard to do, since I'm a Soldier deployed to Afghanistan at a fairly remote site. I very much wanted my wife to still get a Christmas present from me, even though I currently don't have any way beyond online to purchase anything. I’m very disappointed my wife won’t get a Christmas present from me, and I’m also disappointed my wife won’t be able to take Christmas pictures of my children to send to me. Thanks Butterfly photo."