Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"Capcicam and Chilli's was good and price was reasonable.
I have also purchased watermelon and service was really good.

Highly recommend BulkFoods On Reseller Rating

"This company is horrible. They sent me broken candy sticks and would not return them. I was told that they do have a return policy but they will not allow me to return damaged product. I stated they were sent to me damaged and they refused to refund or even compromise in any way. I tried calling them on the phone and no one has any idea what is going on. Sounds like a bunch of kids working out of a garage. Purchase at your own RISK!!!"

modified review This review was modified by villene3 on December 05 2013 11:42:06 AM

"I have purchased nuts, dried fruits, dried veggies and beans, sesame sticks, truffles,bulk veggie powders, lo salt soup base and many other things over the last 2-3 years. I enjoyed it all. Only once was a mix up made, I got reg mixed nuts instead of lo salt. I contacted them by email and they refunded my money and I got to keep the nuts. About $15 value. I could not eat them but others did. If I had not opened pkg maybe I could've returned it. I was pleased with that."

"Purchased 5 lbs. of MSM powder. Then noticed that it was a product of China.I email cust. serv. to see if they tested it for quality control. It took a week to hear back and they said:they do test and could provide a COA. I emailed back and said; I would like that.another week an I received an email with the COA.The heavy metals were extremely high.I requested a refund an,another week goes by.I resend the same email and the policy is returns are within 5 days of purchase & product has to be unopened.I will be more leary of socalled good deals from now on.I will not recommend or purchase from Bulkfoods.com again."

"Ordered a variety of items to make a dry salad topping.
One critical item was not shipped but another unordered item was included. When I asked for replacement, I was promptly asked to buy the incorrect item! After declining, I was stonewalled (no answer to multiple emails). Finally, submitted a BBB complaint. Instead of shipping the missing item, they refunded the $5 for the item. I still cannot make the salad topping! Don't order if you really need all of the items. It seems they will ship bags of whatever they have on hand and forget the rest! Worst customer service I have experienced since the last time I visited the Post Office.

"I have had no problems so far with them. The items were well priced the shipping time was normal. I have ordered three times through them without issue.
We plan on ordering a bunch more. I hope they continue to provide good service and product.
My last order came in rapidly - 3 days after placing the order. Everything was packed well and of excellent quality.

Fort Worth Texas

"I have used Bulk Foods for over two years now for all of my spices and poppy seed needs. The speed at which the orders are shipped is excellent. The products are very fresh and have always arrived in very good condition. I highly recommend Bulk Foods for all of your spice needs."

"Terrible Customer Service.
Had a problem with the shipping, first they denied that they could do anything about it, then when I called back after trying to fix the problem with UPS myself they refused to put me thru a supervisor and told me that 'only their e-mail people contact UPS' and I would have to go thru them. Operators are rude little teenagers who try and come up with reasons that they can't help you!! Make sure you never use them!!

"To save yourself from being defrauded, web search Bulkfoods.com reviews, or the numerous complaints the BBB has on file.

The problems with my order, mirror those of countless other consumers, and are listed below:
I discovered a ship to address problem just hours after I placed an order with Bulkfoods.com (they were prepared to ship to an address I never indicated on their order page). So I immediately called Bulkfoods to request that they correct the information. Speaking with David who refused to help in any way, I was told "we are going home for the day. We're closing" Though I begged that he intercept the order before it shipped he would not help, but said they would fix it the next day. I followed up with an email to Bulkfoods.com with a detailed description identifying the problem, and the needed resolution. The next day Bulkfoods.com responded via email saying that they were not going to rectify the problem, would ship to the address I had indicated, which is not true, and that they would charge me to make any changes. I told them to cancel the order and refund my money which they have refused to do.

The problem that had arisen was easily identifiable, and correctable, but the representatives of Bulkfoods.com were callous, unreceptive, and unwilling to hear or to help, though intervention on their part would have quickly resolved what is now a significant matter-- one in which I the consumer, and their would be customer, have been slighted and am being ask to bear the burden for multiple negligences on the part of Bulkfoods.com.

I want the order cancelled and all monies paid refunded, but they have so far continue to be unresponsive.

Recommended:

"I placed my order on Monday, April 4th, 2011, with BULKFOODS.COM after doing a google search for mixed nuts. I found their prices to be the best. I ordered a pound of sugar free chocolate candies, 5 pounds of unsalted raw mixed nuts, and 5 lbs of Trail Mix, and got the whole thing shipped for $5.00 UPS.

After placing the order I chastised myself for not checking reviews....and boy was I freaked. Great reviews by major papers...but a few crappy reviews on other sites including this one. I was convinced I screwed up.

My order showed on my doorstep as promised on Friday, April 8th. I opened and tested each of the products and they were AMAZING...fresh, crunchy, and of great quality! I am so happy...I will be ordering again! I guess only the negative experiences gave feedback...and well...sometimes bad stuff happens. Give them a try! :-)

"They were quick to send my order, but the macadamia nuts, part of my order, were rancid and had a bitter rancid taste. The package had no expiration date on it. As a matter of fact, all 4 items of this order showed no expiration dates. I e-mailed them twice and I got no answer. They have lost me as a customer."

"I've been buying from this outfit for a few years, and quality has been declining. My last order from them contained 5lb dried diced potatos with bugs in it. They were also offering a special on Lindt chocolate, only to find out they did not reveal that this chocolate was past expiration.

I've since moved on to other vendors for the bulk goods I used to purchase from this company (such as ebay, amazon, honeyville grain, etc.)

They did send replacement product for the dried potatos, but, the creepiness of having bugs in my last order just really turned me off, and those potatos are likely to be relegated to emergency pet food.

Considering Bulkfood's prices are no longer competitive compared with other online vendors, and considering the serious decline in quality control, I doubt I'll be buying from them again in the future.

"I have ordered from this company many times over the past three to five years. I dislike the taste of the protein powder that they sell, and am still a bit miffed that an e-mailed request years ago for pre-purchase information was never answered ... but otherwise am a content customer, and will order from them again in the future.

Everything else I have to say is in the plus column. They ship promptly, package products well, send e-mail invoices on time, and I always get what I order. As for what they charge and shipping expenses: well, I can judge that from the web site before I buy.

"Good prices on spices, but high shipping charges."

Bulk Foods is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bulk Foods is not a merchant member
Bulk Foods does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!