Product & services pricing Rating 4.58/10 4.58/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.58/10 4.58/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.06/10 3.06/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"My ordered arrived yesterday in a timely manner and nicely packaged. After reading some of the reviews I decided to check the weight of my cocoa butter. Turns out 8 pounds of cocoa butter weighs 7 pounds when you buy it from Bulk Apothecary. And yes, my digital scale has been calibrated."

modified review This review was modified by txsdebi on December 20 2014 08:39:41 AM

"Terrible Terrible Terrible - placed an order for $30.98 worth of essential oils on 10/29/14 and I still do not have them. I've contacted the company twice and have been assured that my order would be prioritized and shipped, yet I still do not have it. I paid a 39% shipping fee of $12.00, which is ridiculous. I will NEVER do business with this company again. I'm just glad that I only ordered a small amount of product to test them out first. They do not communicate proactively with their customers regarding orders. You have to go to them to find out the status of your order. Not sure how this company stays in business with such poor service."

modified review This review was modified by lisariley-3706 on December 04 2014 09:11:04 PM

"Order placed 2/22/14; order shipped 2/25/14; order received in a reasonable amount of time. Ordered 16oz each of shea butter and cocoa butter for home body-butter-making. Shipping felt really expensive for that - $11.60 , which nearly doubled the cost of my order. My body butter recipe requires 4oz of each product, and I measure it out with a digital scale each time. This quantity made only 2.5 batches of body butter, which by weight is only about 10oz rather than the 16oz advertised and purchased. I researched fluid oz vs. weight oz of shea butter, and there's a slight difference - but even giving Bulk Apothecary the benefit of the doubt that they measure in fluid oz instead of weight oz doesn't account for how little product I actually received. I have purchased from other vendors before, and their 16oz products lasted me a full 4 lotion-making cycles with an ounce or two to spare, so I'm going back to the other guys. The other guys may be more expensive, but that's because they're actually sending you the full amount you thought you were buying. Did not try to deal with customer service to rectify this, because I did not discover how little I received months later when it ran out much sooner than normal."

modified review This review was modified by eowyn_2 on November 30 2014 12:16:10 PM

"We have ordered for them twice, and they did a fine job. When you are getting bulk product, that you essentially repackage for your own uses, you cannot expect the customer service of a retail store, and cannot expect them to fawn over you the way a retailer who is making a 150 to 200% profit on everything is wont to do. You are the one making the 200% profit; a bulk store is making on the order of 5 to maybe as much as 50%. Jeez folks."

"I finally took the plunge and ordered a 40# bucket of coconut oil and a few colors of oxides, and some mango butter. When I opened the box it looked like it had snowed on top of the bucket of coconut oil. I literally had to get the vacuum out to clean up this nasty mess. It was everywhere. I had to wipe everything down and the dust just keeps coming out of the rim of that bucket. I called their customer service but was basically told three times what the purpose of packing peanuts was. hello, I think I know that much. And I get that they get squished in shipping but this was obviously the very bottom regions of their peanut package. nasty disgusting mess and they didn't care at all that I was unhappy. $60 for shipping and I expect better than that. never ever again. please don't waste your money with this company. too many out there that care about their customers. "

modified review This review was modified by CherylStephens on November 19 2014 12:57:32 PM

"Very unhappy with customer service. I needed to return an item that was the wrong size. I was pretty much told "not our problem". So now I am stuck with stuff I can not use. Will not do business with a company that doesn't work with or help their customers. "

"I have placed several orders with Bulk Apothecary. They have a good turn around time on orders and stay in communication when an item is back-ordered. I am impressed with the quality and price. This is my go to company for essential oils and natural products."

modified review This review was modified by StacyBryan on November 03 2014 07:21:05 PM

"Poor packaging, expensive shipping, average products that arrive damaged. Never again. Never, ever, ever again!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by ThaddeusCrispean on October 17 2014 08:43:36 AM

"I had a great experience so I am writing a positive review because I see so many negative reviews. I ordered about 20 different essential oils and they all arrived in a really fast time, about a week. They all seem like super high quality but I am no expert on EOs.

The Australian Sandalwood is the bomb!

"Outstanding! Ordered, shipped and received all within 4 business days. I'm glad I didn't let the other negative reviews discourage me from ordering from them. Thank you, Judy Fohlin"

modified review This review was modified by Jfohlin on October 06 2014 01:31:30 PM

"We ordered customized lip balm for a annual event. Some of their customer service was iffy, but the product arrived on time. After reading some reviews, I did make a few phone calls to follow up, and they delivered. My advice is to make sure you follow up. It took a full 5 weeks. The product (vanilla lip balm and raspberry lip balm) is excellent and I am very happy with the printing, which included our color logo. "

"You will regret buying anything from this place. They should have a disclosure stating that their processing times are 1week+ plus their shipping. Expect your order in a minimum of 2 weeks ( business days Monday -Fri). If you need something fast, go somewhere else. These people are completely useless. I called to make sure my item was in stock and if it was going to be able to ship the next day. They said yes! It didn't ship for 1 week and then 7 days transit time.I got my order 14 days later."

Bulk Apothecary User

"The one thing that Bulk Apothecary forgets is that the only reason they are in business is because of their customers. And the customer service at Bulk Apothecary is a joke. The girls there are rude, useless, and unhelpful. I spend allot of money at BA. My last order placed on 8/22/14 was a little over $800 and I have STILL yet to receive it. I have had to call just about every day the past 2 weeks to see where my order is. I was told lies that a certain item I needed the most would be overnighted to me, that would have been here Friday the 29th, but as I sit here styping this today 9/2/14, it is still not here. I called again, and the rep (Vera) told me it would not be here until tomorrow 9/3/14. This will be 13 days since I originally placed my order. THIS IS NOT RIGHT! And I paid $200 in shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be looking for a new supplier. Not going to deal with spending so much money at a supplier and they don't even respect you. Instead of apologizing that my order has taken 2 weeks to get to me, why not refund some shipping or even offer a discount code on my next purchase? Instead, their customer service makes up excuses like it is MY fault they can't get their stuff together. Bullshit. "

Bulk Apothecary User

"I had recently placed an order with Bulk Apothecary. I waited a week and no e-mail stating it was shipped. I then contact them and was informed they moved warehouses (without informing customers) and they are backed up in orders. I was informed that my package was on a skid and will be shipped the following day. I had then called every day after to be told the same exact thing. I call back today another week later, to be told now, oh your product is out of stock and can't be delivered until next week. They have lied up and down to my face for a week straight, just to find out I will have to wait another week. I will never do business with this company again!"

"I have researched many of the companies out there that are selling therapeautic grade essential oils. I chose Bulk Apothecary to try. I am very pleased with my choice. The products are all high quality. The oil comes in brown, glass bottles except for the one I ordered in 16oz which came in stainless steel. My coworker also ordered after seeing my products. I have had no negative issues with this company. Orders are shipped promptly and communication emails are prompt, too. "

modified review This review was modified by Rita-Michigan on June 08 2014 04:58:39 AM

Bulk Apothecary is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bulk Apothecary is not a merchant member
Bulk Apothecary does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!