Product & services pricing Rating 4.75/10 4.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I finally took the plunge and ordered a 40# bucket of coconut oil and a few colors of oxides, and some mango butter. When I opened the box it looked like it had snowed on top of the bucket of coconut oil. I literally had to get the vacuum out to clean up this nasty mess. It was everywhere. I had to wipe everything down and the dust just keeps coming out of the rim of that bucket. I called their customer service but was basically told three times what the purpose of packing peanuts was. hello, I think I know that much. And I get that they get squished in shipping but this was obviously the very bottom regions of their peanut package. nasty disgusting mess and they didn't care at all that I was unhappy. $60 for shipping and I expect better than that. never ever again. please don't waste your money with this company. too many out there that care about their customers. "

modified review This review was modified by CherylStephens on November 19 2014 12:57:32 PM

"Very unhappy with customer service. I needed to return an item that was the wrong size. I was pretty much told "not our problem". So now I am stuck with stuff I can not use. Will not do business with a company that doesn't work with or help their customers. "

"I have placed several orders with Bulk Apothecary. They have a good turn around time on orders and stay in communication when an item is back-ordered. I am impressed with the quality and price. This is my go to company for essential oils and natural products."

modified review This review was modified by StacyBryan on November 03 2014 07:21:05 PM

"Poor packaging, expensive shipping, average products that arrive damaged. Never again. Never, ever, ever again!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by ThaddeusCrispean on October 17 2014 08:43:36 AM

"I had a great experience so I am writing a positive review because I see so many negative reviews. I ordered about 20 different essential oils and they all arrived in a really fast time, about a week. They all seem like super high quality but I am no expert on EOs.

The Australian Sandalwood is the bomb!

"Outstanding! Ordered, shipped and received all within 4 business days. I'm glad I didn't let the other negative reviews discourage me from ordering from them. Thank you, Judy Fohlin"

modified review This review was modified by Jfohlin on October 06 2014 01:31:30 PM

"We ordered customized lip balm for a annual event. Some of their customer service was iffy, but the product arrived on time. After reading some reviews, I did make a few phone calls to follow up, and they delivered. My advice is to make sure you follow up. It took a full 5 weeks. The product (vanilla lip balm and raspberry lip balm) is excellent and I am very happy with the printing, which included our color logo. "

"You will regret buying anything from this place. They should have a disclosure stating that their processing times are 1week+ plus their shipping. Expect your order in a minimum of 2 weeks ( business days Monday -Fri). If you need something fast, go somewhere else. These people are completely useless. I called to make sure my item was in stock and if it was going to be able to ship the next day. They said yes! It didn't ship for 1 week and then 7 days transit time.I got my order 14 days later."

Bulk Apothecary User

"The one thing that Bulk Apothecary forgets is that the only reason they are in business is because of their customers. And the customer service at Bulk Apothecary is a joke. The girls there are rude, useless, and unhelpful. I spend allot of money at BA. My last order placed on 8/22/14 was a little over $800 and I have STILL yet to receive it. I have had to call just about every day the past 2 weeks to see where my order is. I was told lies that a certain item I needed the most would be overnighted to me, that would have been here Friday the 29th, but as I sit here styping this today 9/2/14, it is still not here. I called again, and the rep (Vera) told me it would not be here until tomorrow 9/3/14. This will be 13 days since I originally placed my order. THIS IS NOT RIGHT! And I paid $200 in shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be looking for a new supplier. Not going to deal with spending so much money at a supplier and they don't even respect you. Instead of apologizing that my order has taken 2 weeks to get to me, why not refund some shipping or even offer a discount code on my next purchase? Instead, their customer service makes up excuses like it is MY fault they can't get their stuff together. Bullshit. "

Bulk Apothecary User

"I had recently placed an order with Bulk Apothecary. I waited a week and no e-mail stating it was shipped. I then contact them and was informed they moved warehouses (without informing customers) and they are backed up in orders. I was informed that my package was on a skid and will be shipped the following day. I had then called every day after to be told the same exact thing. I call back today another week later, to be told now, oh your product is out of stock and can't be delivered until next week. They have lied up and down to my face for a week straight, just to find out I will have to wait another week. I will never do business with this company again!"

"I have researched many of the companies out there that are selling therapeautic grade essential oils. I chose Bulk Apothecary to try. I am very pleased with my choice. The products are all high quality. The oil comes in brown, glass bottles except for the one I ordered in 16oz which came in stainless steel. My coworker also ordered after seeing my products. I have had no negative issues with this company. Orders are shipped promptly and communication emails are prompt, too. "

modified review This review was modified by Rita-Michigan on June 08 2014 04:58:39 AM

"I recently placed a very large order, only to find that some of the items I was charged for were out of stock. The items were refunded, but I was not contacted and made aware of the situation. I would have happily substituted some of the items, if given the opportunity. When I called, the representative did not offer to help in any way. When I requested a manager, he was quite rude, and also not much help. I have ordered from them a couple of times. In my opinion, quality is decent, prices are good, shipping is outrageous, and customer service is nonexistent. If I ever buy from them again, I will enter into the comment section: IF OUT OF STOCK, PLEASE CALL. "

modified review This review was modified by delightseeker on April 14 2014 11:31:35 AM

"I bought $86.00 worth of oils and fragrances but when I received the package, there was no packing list attached. I asked them if they will be kind enough to e-mail me the copy. Never heard from them.
Yesterday I made a soap batch, using avocado oil, palm oil, Shea butter and noticed that all oil bottles contained less than 16 oz.
They sell their product by weight however the quantities are packaged by volume (FL oz). Contents of avocado oil and palm oil bottles measured 15.1 oz by weight and Shea butter was less than 14.6 oz (I have very accurate scale).
I was really mad because when I went to other sites I found out that I could have bought the same items from others sellers like Camden-Gray for 20% less.
I can not blame them for their high prices however short- selling is both unethical an illegal.
I decided to contact Natures Oil(label of the oils) and file a complain when I noticed their telephone address and company location is the same as Bulk Apothecary.
It is obvious to me that customer satisfaction is one of their least priorities.

modified review This review was modified by Edonzy on February 16 2014 10:37:54 PM

"Bad customer service! It took 11 days and 2 emails to get a 1 line dismissive response that didn't even acknowledge my question.

I tried to order the 8lb. tub of Castor Oil but the website said it was out of stock and removed it from my cart so I ordered 4 1lb. bottles of Castor Oil instead. I received an email saying my order had shipped but the 4 1lb. bottles were backordered and would ship at a later date. I emailed to ask if I could change my order to the 8lb. tub instead since both were backordered and I had to wait for them either way. They told me to call customer service to change my order. Before I had a chance to call I received another email saying the 4 1lb. bottles had been canceled from my order and my Credit Card refunded. I emailed to ask why they had been canceled and explained that I needed them and did NOT want to cancel. They explained they have a new policy that when items are out of stock they are immediately canceled and refunded (obviously so they don't have to pay extra postage to ship the backordered items later - instead - they tell the customer to re-order them when they are back in stock and pay the extra postage)! I emailed back explaining that I didn't think it was fair that I would have to pay $15+ in shipping to re-order the Castor Oil when combined shipping on my current order would have only been $2. My email was completely ignored. 3 days later I emailed again asking if they would at least send me a coupon code to use on my next order to make up for the $13 in extra shipping I would have to pay and again my email was completely ignored. 7 days later I emailed again stating that my last 2 emails had been ignored and to please respond and received the following dismissive 1 line response that didn't even acknowledge my question:

"I’m sorry for the inconvenience. You can reorder the items when they are back in stock. Thank you!"

Clearly customer satisfaction is not a priority for this company!

modified review This review was modified by CrystalHaines on February 13 2014 11:52:59 AM

"I placed an order for argan oil from Bulk Apothecary after telephoning the company to inquire about the product. I was told the product advertised on their website is in fact 100% pure argan oil.
The product I received is not 100% pure argan oil. It is almost colorless, it has no scent/odor - at all, and does not absorb into the skin as argan oil should. I wish I knew about this website before I made the purchase. I will not purchase ANY products from this company again.

modified review This review was modified by tljsmith on January 07 2014 03:23:42 PM

Bulk Apothecary is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bulk Apothecary is not a merchant member
Bulk Apothecary does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!