Stores > Bulk Apothecary

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2016-06-16

Not satisfied at all!!

"Ordered from them on last Wednesday and have emailed Mr Lucarell in regards to my order after receiving a note that ups does not deliver to PO Boxes. I replied that day to find out Friday he didn't update the address. So Monday I receive one package at my business address (which they can not explain how ups had that address because I gave and they have my home address on file). Lady said I must have called ups to change it which I did not. I called today to see why I have only recorded one package and see where the other items were. Lady on phn stated they are sending it out today I should get it Monday. ABSOLUTLY NOT!!! She didn't apologize, she didn't try to explain why they were processed at two different times-Not! Horrible service for first time!! Such a disgrace when we rely on your products for our business. "

This review was modified by Daychell on June 16 2016 10:17:13 AM

2016-03-31

bears no resemblance to "thieves" oil from young living - waste of money

"I bought this oil because it was rated so highly on the bulk apothecary website. young living thieves oil i was very familiar with, as my physician infused it at his office and i found it so enticing and exhilarating. however, after receiving the bulk apothecary version, and diffusing a few drops, I was very disappointed. It smelled nothing like the "thieves" oil I was familiar with, and even was quite irritating. But the worst thing was, I called up bulk apothecary to ask for a return label and found that they do not send labels, and I will be responsible for the postage, and the cust service rep was very rude as well. will not be doing any more business with them. Bad experience all around"

This review was modified by tellthetruthcnl on March 31 2016 12:45:16 PM

2016-02-18

Pushy Company!

"This review isn't about shipping or product - although I wish I'd seen all these reviews before I bought from them! No, this is about advertising. About a month ago, I received my second order from them. Since then, a Bulk Apothecary ad (of one kind or another) has been on every page I’ve been on since then. EVERY PAGE!! That includes banners and/or “skip ad” ads across half of videos I’ve watched. Now I’m sure this is good news for them - their advertising is obviously working. Not so much for me! I’ve become so irritated that although I liked their company and had planned to buy more and to recommend them to others, I’m not so sure I want to anymore. If I went shopping at Safeway, would I want someone following my every step, prompting me to buy, buy, buy!? That’s exactly what it feels like and I don’t like it! Car salesmen aren’t that pushy!

Now that I've read the reviews, I'm questioning the products I've bought from them too. I'm a newbie at this and wouldn't recognize a bad product at this juncture - but I've gotten a lot of good information from these reviews! Think I'll just stick to Mountain Rose or some of the companies mentioned in the reviews. Besides, if BA can spend that much in advertising, I don't think they need my business!

This review was modified by zoomingturtle on February 18 2016 03:43:31 PM

2016-01-28

Terrible customer service, products misrepresented

"Terrible customer service! Be very careful what you order! I ordered a small size shower gel and a large size shampoo. Apparently they are the same product! When I called to let them know I didn't get my shampoo, they said it is shower gel and that is stated in the fine print. I was free to return the $13.95 one gallon item if I pay for the shipping, which would be far more costly than that. I told the representative I would not be ordering from them anymore and he hung up on me. This is how their customers are treated!"

This review was modified by Janemiller31 on January 28 2016 10:33:21 AM

2015-12-18

"Placed an order with bulk apothecary on Dec 1, 2015 without any indication on the wed site to notify me they were out of stock they took the order and later told me they had shipped out aa part of the shippedment. The other half came many days later damaged it is the 18 today and I was told they will shipped it out today. Let's see
I found the employees matter of factly attude unprofessional and not good for business, the quality of the Castro oil to be poor. This was not a pleasant experience at all . I would not purchase from this company again.

2015-10-09

"I ordered a product that came nothing like expected/advertised. I've ordered maybe 10-15 oils in my first two orders from Bulk Apothecary and called to express disappointment in this oil and was told I would be receiving a new one, at no charge, of the same scent, or I can pay to return it and get a credit (and the cost to ship back would negate the refund). Hugely disappointed in this oil and as I am new to candle making, this will be my last order from BA. Now I will have 2 large bottles of something I won't use, instead of one, or instead of something I actually would use. I expressed this to the Customer Superhero - and asked that the replacement be ANYTHING but sweet grass - but there was nothing that could be done. Not sure what the difference would be to them, whether I received a bottle of crap from their shelves, or what I had previously come to know as a bottle of deliciousness, but evidently I must accept two bottles of crap and be happy. Not."

2015-10-03

"NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS! CONTAMINATED PRODUCTS!!!

I had been a customer for several years but will not be returning after my last experience.

After waiting for organic calendula to be restocked for weeks I ordered a pound of the wild crafted. A few cups into the bag I found a used cigarette butt!!! YEP! A burnt and stinky CIGARETTE!!!!

The worst part is customer service did not seem shocked. They did offer a store credit but I wanted a refund. That's when I was informed that since it was past 30 days they would not. A company always has the option mail a check. It's not like I just wanted to return them, THERE WAS A CIGARETTE IN THE BAG!!!!

Looking back at my other inventory, I agree with several of the reviews on here that most items do not have lot numbers or expiration dates. There is no way a company could properly track inventory without them.

Profits over people is not an agenda I want to support, I hope you will choose not to as well.

This review was modified by herbalbeth on October 03 2015 07:21:22 AM

2015-09-03

"Add me to the unhappy customer list. I recently ordered 3 different butters. Two of them, the Cocoa and Mango were so dried out that they cannot be used. One I will never be able get out of the jar. I sent them photos three times because they kept saying that they didn't get them. Finally they just stopped corresponding. What I received looked nothing like the photos on their website. They told me that I could heat the butters and try fix them that way or return them. (With me paying the shipping to return a bad product.) Luckily I did not order a huge amount. I own a business myself and would never leave a customer as unhappy as I am right now. Btw, their shipping consists of throwing things (without any wrapping or protection) into a box full of peanuts. Do not believe the crap on their website about customer service and how every customer is important. It is just not true. Stay away. Oh, btw, you cannot leave a bad review on their website. they review all comments before publishing them."

2015-06-06

"I ordered from this company once in 2013. Two years later, I have not received my entire order. What I did receive was okay--mango butter was poured into a jar and was almost impossible to get out; grapeseed oil was rotten; but whatever, it was cheap. I ordered a small amount of plastic jars and they never came, not after a phone call, not after an email. I've thought about reporting them to BBB but I know in reality that $2 worth of stuff is pointless to complain about. I just wonder, if they fail to ship $2 worth of stuff from every person who orders, how much are they making each year? I'm sure it's substantial."

2015-04-22

"First time customer here!! Order arrived in 2 days!! Very satisfied with fair prices, quick shipping , excellent condition. Haven't used the products yet but I can't wait to.
Called customer service with a question and received a prompt, friendly answer from a real person! :-)

This review was modified by 1111wishfactory on April 22 2015 01:07:58 PM

2015-04-09

"I have had a great experience with them. It only took 4 business days, ordered late on day 1 and received my products early in the morning on day 4. The prices can't be beat!!! Packaging was safe and secure, plenty of padding on the bottles. Shipping is a little high, but I still saved way more than getting it at my local store. I will absolutely buy again and probably never from anywhere else!!"

2015-03-13

"I have to say this is the worst experience I've ever had ordering from any company. I placed an order on February 26th of this year, 2015. The order totaled $838 and some change. I was very excited about receiving the products for my small business start-up. I receive 2 disappointing emails before I made contact. Neither led me to believe anybody was doing anything to get my order out. I contacted the company by email and phone and, now, live chat. I've been told lies repeatedly. I received a small part of my order, which totaled less than $100, yesterday, March 12th. Now when I try to track it, it says that it has been delivered. Where is the rest of my order??? I'm extremely frustrated and will take legal action if they don't resolve this very soon."

This review was modified by Hopelicious on March 13 2015 09:37:01 AM

2015-03-01

"I have ordered several times from Bulk Apothecary over the last year, and have gotten good results. My orders included hundreds of dollars of base oils as well as hundreds of dollars worth of essential oils and fragrance oils. So far I have had almost all perfect shipments except for one slightly leaky bay rum FO, which might have been affected by extreme temp change this winter. Since the issue was very small, I did not complain. I am finding the quality of the base oils and essential oils to be tops. Two of the FOs seemed sharp to me, but that is personal taste. Other people seem to like them a lot.
This company ships fast, has reasonable prices, and packs pretty well. I intend to keep buying from them. I hope that they put applicable MSDS pdfs online for their products for people to download. That might help for their customers in more regulated states.

2015-02-23

"Bulk Apothecary is all about the quantity of crap they can schlep off on customers. Quality does not come into their business model at all. Both transactions I've had with them were abysmal. The first time they shipped the wrong products and I had to threaten to protest the charges with my credit card company before they'd make it right. Several years passed & I decided to give them a second chance. I placed a $400 order & paid for 2-day shipping. The order arrived 2 weeks later and my call to customer service was a joke. Then the oils arrived in metal containers. That is sooo risky and unprofessional. The oils are marginal at best. Poor service, rude interactions, repeat problems. Don't make a mistake with them. They are not to be trusted."

2015-02-21

"I was concerned about my order after I read several of the negative reviews, but I had a great experience with Bulk Apothecary. I am very happy with the items I purchased. My package arrived in 4 days and this was in the same week the east coast was hit with a lot of snow and ice. There was no delay! My essential oils were packaged very well. They contacted me via email that one product was out of stock and submitted a credit back to my account. I will order from Bulk Apothecary without hesitation!"

This review was modified by lrc1977 on February 21 2015 05:37:04 AM

Share Bulk Apothecary's store rating

Bulk Apothecary is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bulk Apothecary is not a merchant member
Bulk Apothecary does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!