• Address: 54-15 35th Street, Long Island City, NY
    • Fax: 718-707-0404

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

What is this?

"Watch my NEGATIVE product review:

Purchased: BulbAmerica PAR 38 Lighting CAN Black w/ Socket Power Cord & PAR38 Gel Frame

On Monday 6/23/2014, I received Qty 4 of Optima Inc. Par38 Cans from Bulb America. Upon testing, 2 out of the 4 did not light up the lightbulb. So, I want to return these DUD fixtures and I don't trust the ones that seem to be working (for now).

Customer service email response says that I am responsible for return shipping. I think this is unfair because I was shipped products that are clearly damaged. Who knows if the other two are on their way toward failure. I can understand a bulb burning out, BUT NOT A FIXTURE!!!

"As a new customer I've created a new account with BulbAmerica and ordered a ceramic lamp socket and a halogen light bulb. The halogen lamp lasted about one second until it failed. This happens with cheap no-name light bulbs but not with an expensive Osram Sylvaniva brand light bulb.
BulbAmerica did not respond to my email.
Logon to my account does not work. 'forgotten password' button works but I did not get an email that allows password reset.
Meanwhile I've bought a new Philips light bulb at Home Depot for half the price.

"We ordered an 8 way splitter or resaonable price online with BulbAmerica. The product was $16 and the shipping for 2 day deliver was over $9. The product weighed about 2 ounces. When the item was not shipped for 5 days and not delivered to use until 7 days after we ordered it, I asked for a refund of the expedited shipping charge. I was flatly rejected. They said they received my order (and payment) on a Thursday, processed it on a Friday and there were no deliveries on Saturday and Sunday plus Monday was a holiday so it did not ship until Tuesday. What exactly is EXPEDITED about that??? FedEx ships on Saturday and Sunday AND holidays so their excuse was totally bogus. I told them I would not be doing shopping with them again!"

"I ordered a replacement lamp for our Mitsubishi DLP TV. I decided to order from BulbAmerica because they seemed to have the best price on a genuine Mitsubishi part. The item shipped in a reasonable amount of time and arrived well packaged. However upon inspection the part I received was not a genuine Mitsubishi part, it was a generic replacement part. I installed it and it is working, but my concern is to just how long a life I will get out of it. Also I could have gotten it cheaper many other places. I feel that they miss advertised the part as Genuine OEM, very dishonest in my opinion. I will not shop BulbAmerica ever again.

Mitsubishi WD-60C8 DLP Assembly with High Quality Osram Neolux Bulb Inside

"My order was easy and quick. Their one step checkout was great and I can not wait till I need new light bulbs again!

Thanks!!!

"I agree with the writer who said "worst online company I've dealt with". The lamp on my 52" Mitsubishi TV blew out so I ordered a lamp from BulbAmerica. The lamp arrived and I installed it. When it didn't work I reinstalled it and it still didn't work. Finally I decided that when the old lamp blew out it must have caused damage to the TV. I called a repair service who responded and said the problem was probably the ballast inside the TV. Since the lamp was brand new it didn't occur to us that the bulb was the problem. The repair man took the TV with him to his shop. The next day he called me to report that in 40 years he had never seen anything like it. The vendor who supplied Bulb America with the lamp didn't connect the wires from the bulb to the housing. The bulb was good and so was the housing, so when he connected them (as should have been done in the first place) they worked!!! Luckily he hadn't taking the whole light engine apart. When I called Bulb America and explained to the supervisor from the company what had happened, and told her I expected a refund for the $107 I had spent on the bulb and wasn't even asking to be compensated for the repair bill that was only necessary because of the incompetence of the vendor she said "since the bulb was removed from the housing the warranty wasn't available". I explained this isn't a warranty issue. My repair person FIXED the bulb, he didn't break it. She said if I returned the bulb (which is now working thanks to my repairman) she would send me a new one. I told her I didn't need a new bulb I just wanted to be compensated for the incompetence of their vendor. I wasn't even asking for compensation for the repair bill. She said I should have called them immediately when there was a problem and sent the bulb back at that time. I told her I had given them the benefite of the doubt and assumed the light was connected the housing as it should have been, therefore I thought the problem was the TV not the bulb. The $107 now isn't the issue. The issue is the utter disregard for the customer that this company has shown. I've never taken the time before to write a review on a company but I feel this total lack of customer service should be passed on. Buyer beware!!!"

"Quick service, Great transaction, Prices are good."

"Great prices; clear & easy-to-use site; speedy delivery. Highly recommend."

"We always get what we order in the time expected."

"These guys are the BEST! PERIOD!!!!"

"Great. I've called in to place orders and I've done it online. I've never had a problem getting what I need. Thanks. "

"I always enjoy using Bulb America. They always have what I am looking for!"

"The bulbs were protectively wrapped, arrived intact & worked!"

"I have ordered from this company many years and I have always had a great experience .."

"THANK YOU FOR THE TIMELY DELIVERY"

BulbAmerica / eBulb, Inc. is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BulbAmerica / eBulb, Inc. is a merchant member
BulbAmerica / eBulb, Inc. participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,861 merchant members.