Stores > Build-A-Bear Workshop

• Build-A-Bear Wo

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-04-26

Buzz kill

"We went into build-a-bear workshop in Oglethorpe mall in Savannah, Ga intending to get an outfit for my 3 year old son’s teddy bear. When we walked in there were two employees deep in conversation at the register and neither one of them offered to help us. We were the ONLY customers in the entire store. We had a hard time finding what we wanted because most of the store is directed toward girls and girl toy accessories. My son pulled open a big drawer and there were boy oriented teddy bear clothes in there and we started to look through them. There was no sign on the drawers that said it was not for customer use, the drawers were not hidden but rather very obvious with big bright obvious handles. As we were looking through the merchandise, one of the employees walks over being very rude and scolding us saying that we weren’t allowed in there and that she would just rather help us. I would have preferred the help way earlier in the shopping experience.. She said she would just stand there and watch us since she didn’t want us “slamming our fingers in the drawers”. I am a grown adult and as I was looking through a drawer she told me in a very rude way that she wanted to be the one to close the drawer not me. If the drawers are such a safety hazard why are there no signs or locks on the drawers and why are they at child-level? Why weren’t the employees more attentive to their customers if they know there are safety hazards in the store? She was very rude. I did not get the feeling from her that she wanted to protect us or help us but more so she was annoyed at us for violating a store policy.. I was embarrassed and felt like I was being berated and I will never shop there again."

2009-12-16

"Build a bear is sooooooooooooo cute I love it their they help you find what you need you give it a shower you go through this little system whith its stuffed heart you drees it up just utterluy cute :-) to bild a bear!"

This review was modified by viva999 on December 16 2009 06:29:22 PM

Share Build-A-Bear Workshop's store rating

Build-A-Bear Workshop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Build-A-Bear Workshop is not a merchant member
Build-A-Bear Workshop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!