• Budget Golf

Product & services pricing Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"Please read my review before you make a purchase. I wrote a review a few days ago but I haven't seen. So here I go again. I must say that if I had read all the reviews I wouldn't have ever ordered from them.I ordered a 63 golf ball cabinet on September 22 for my husband as a birthday gift and received it on September 24. First it was left on my porch where everyone can see what it was. Second, I opened it and it was poorly packaged. It had 2 sheets 4' long of packaging paper crumbled up. Third, it had a
5" crack in the glass. 3" across and 2" down. I called customer service and spoke to woman and she said that she was going to send me a new one and that I should receive it by the next Friday. Well that didn't happen. I called
again and she said that she hasn't received it from the manufacturer. Well guess what, today I finally received an email telling me that I should receive it on Friday Oct 9. I can't understand why I should be the one to have to continuously called them to find out the status. I must say that I'm completely and terribly upset with everything. And I pray that when I receive it on Friday that it's in perfect condition. If it's not than I will be writing another review.

This review was modified by Denisemerola on October 07 2015 09:21:55 PM

"They offered 2 day shipping on their check out. Got a call 2 days later that they could not do 2 day shipping and that it would take 3 to 5 days to ship from the factory to them and then another couple of days from them to me. They have now notified me that is will take 8 days from factory to them...and who knows how long it will take to get to me. Horrible...wanted it in 2 days and getting it in 2 weeks. Worst Internet experience so far with golf products. They might be cheep but it will take forever to get...my advice...move on to another store.

This review was modified by Nikesoc5 on September 22 2015 05:38:19 PM

"Don't buy from these guys, if you have any issues, you will not like the result. Bought a pair of golf shoes, typically I wear a 9.5 to 10 so I ordered a size 10 to be safe. Shoes were too tight, only wore them in house. When I returned, they said that they are used and charge me a 20% restocking fee. There are much better companies out there. You may pay a dollar or two more but it is well worth it. I will never do business with them again.

Signed ......... Unhappy customer

This review was modified by bronkj on August 01 2015 06:31:42 AM

"Worst company I ever dealt with online!! Scammers and blatant bait and switch artist! Anyone who does business with these people are idiots!! Even when they make a mistake and sends the wrong stuff after admitting they made the mistake they still charge you for processing and shipping!! Very, very, very, arrogant and deceitful!! STAY CLEAR!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!"

This review was modified by JoeMcDonald on June 16 2015 02:06:59 PM

"Saw reviews and was hessitant. I check with cobra before I ordered the clubs and they verified that they were authorized resellers. I ordered the clubs and got them when expected. I even called to verify the order even though I received a confirmation email and they were very nice and curtious. They were in the original manufacturer box and wrapped and untouched. I'm happy with the transaction. The price was great. Edwin watts wouldn't match a price that low. I will order again from them for sure. "

This review was modified by Jbrid21 on June 04 2015 07:02:37 PM

"I recently ordered three golf shirts ~ one was okay; the other two were not. Terrible colors/bad fabric. Had previously 'ordered a red shirt and the color was nowhere near as
depicted in the pix. Was going to return the two bad shirts today but the cost of returning them was so high I opted to put them in my closet as 'garden shirts' ~ wouldn't be seen
wearing them to the golf course.

"Beware when ordering clothing from BD, because the sizing may not be accurate and then you're on a long uphill battle to get it right with the Non Customer Service department. Had 2 orders. The (ordered L) Ping jacket was like a Medium size, and the Matte Grey pants did not say the legs were slim fit (i.e. european style) which is 1" narrower than standard. Good luck trying to play golf with tight pants !! Had to fight back with BG to get a refund; I had to pay for shipping both ways as BD refused to admit their descriptions were incomplete and false. Terrible customer service from the phone clerk to the manager ( Andrew). Not a friendly reseller. "

This review was modified by Riverpark on March 19 2015 08:16:46 AM

"I dont understand the bad reviews. I ordered a set of Ping G20 irons and they were excellent. The person i talked to was really nice. They were way cheaper than i could find anywhere else and shipped sooner than the 5 days they said it would take. I would highly recommend and will definately order from them again."

This review was modified by JohnDabney on February 26 2015 04:50:28 PM

"Poor customer service. Be careful when getting a promo to get $25 gift certificate when buying $100. In the email sent, there is no mention of expiration date and when I called customer service, they said it has expiration date which I think is deceptive. They should have clearly stated or placed in disclosure with the gift certificate that it has an expiration date."

This review was modified by Mville on January 22 2015 08:58:11 AM

"I just made my first purchase from Budget Golf. I ordered a driver that had been put on sale (a great price). The order was handled promptly, accurately and shipping was fast. From my experience they seem to be a great company and I will order from them again."

"My order said 3-5 days for it to ship but it took a month and a half? No discount, no refund of shipping cost, not even a voucher for free shipping or a discount for a future order. Better communication, a sleeve of pro-v1, or even an apology and I would not have cancelled my order. Im not one to normally complain (once or twice a year maybe) but this was handled very pooly."

This review was modified by bryn6543 on August 21 2014 07:43:12 AM

"I organize a social golf group in San Diego. We buy prizes all the time for our competitions. I bought some Callaway golf packages for the group and at the same time bought 2 pairs of shoes for me. One of the Callaway packages was broken when it arrived and both shoes did not fit even though I had tried them on at a local retailer. I shipped the shoes back (1st pair with their return label) second on my own. A month after I received confirmation they were received I still had not gotten credit back to my credit card. I called them to get them to fix it. The lady I spoke to was very mean and yelled at me and said it would take 5 to 10 more days to do the credit? Why 6 weeks for a credit? The other shoes have just recently been shipped back. I fear I will probably have to call them on this one too! But who has time for all this? Then they charge a restocking fee even if the item was defective! I was told by this angry women they never ever ship a defective product! How so? The Callaway beer glass was broken! The shoes were not fitting and I tried them on elsewhere.

Our golf group will not be purchasing anything from them again.

"Great place to shop. Can not beat the price for quality equipment and fast ship"

"CAUTION N BEWARE? No customer service. I bought full golf set from their website and on same day I saw budgetgolf selling it on eBay for $40 lesser price. I contacted them for price difference and they say that when I receive the item I can return it and buy from ebay site. Return means I loose shipping both sides and $5 for handling charge. That means $25 less from what I paid initially and gain $15 by reordering from them. This is just to avoid giving the difference in cost. This trend I have seen in some poor, developing countries. Budgetgolf is not for US customers.
Secondly they did not mention my apartment number and UPS guy was returning the item. I had to search for ups guy on the road, catch him at next stop, identify myself and take the package. Careless staff at budgetgolf.
Lastly, my advise to customers-- plz don't fall for their low price. These are open box items and they are not mentioning on their web site. The customer care guy at budgetgolf told me that eBay item may have some problem and that's why the price difference. But on eBay listing it says new and did not mention any defect, not even open box. Their return policy is not so perfect and u end up keeping the item.
So, go for amazing amazon and at least u can fight u way through if it goes wrong. Don't ever buy from such websites.

"Budget Golf is great if you like Customer No-Service. I Ordered a Callaway hybrid club from them and before the club arrived noticed a competitor had the same club for $10 less. I wrote to Customer No-Service and asked for a credit and was told they could not offer the credit and included in the response was the representative was "going on vacation". Great response and the result is I will never order anything from Customer No-Service Business in the future. Avoid this site unless you like Customer No-Service. Very poor business practice but I get the feeling they do not care."

This review was modified by kcman on April 06 2013 06:37:52 AM

Share Budget Golf's store rating

Budget Golf is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Budget Golf is not a merchant member
Budget Golf does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!