• Address: 1105 Industry Road Lexington, KY

Product & services pricing Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

"Ordered a rifle from Buds, my second firearm. The rifle was still in the "payment pending" stage when I changed my mind on the model. Called them up and asked to change to different( more expensive) model of the same rifle. Was told there would be a 10% charge to change the order. The rifle was not even in shipping yet and my payment had not even cleared! So, I went ahead and paid the fee to change the order.

Here's the best part, I then wrote an accurate review of the rifle and my experience with Buds on their site. When the review was posted it had been edited, the only part posted was the positive part about the rifle. I even called and spoke to someone, asked why they edited my review. I was told that I could only review the product, not Buds. Kinda odd since they post the positive reviews about Buds. Even though the review was accurate and contained no foul language they still edited the negative part about them. Took about 2 weeks to get the rifle too.

modified review This review was modified by karlt5503 on November 07 2014 10:15:29 AM

"So after being a customer over 2 years and spending close to 4 grand with these inbred kenucky cousin fuckers they sent me a gun that was missing a firing pin and washed their hands of it and i was stuck sending it to the factory on my dollar and the factory happily fixed the issue for free but buds could care less. Then they deleted my account after i posted a review of the firearm. My experience with them leads me to believe they are a bumch of baby back thieves."

modified review This review was modified by 6798 on November 05 2014 04:28:42 AM

"I had high expectations for Buds's and its "Team Buds" membership program, for which I paid extra, but allowed to expire because it offers little extra value.

Bud's advertising gave me the impression that it is a smaller, family-owned business, but my experience with it is shows that it is slightly worse than Cheaper Than Dirt, Midway, Cabelas, et al. The only thing "folksy" about Bud's is its website, which apparently was built by Bud's idiot grandson during the 1990s.

I purchased 2 handguns and 2 long guns from Buds in the last 18 months for reasonably good prices. I would have bought more, but found better prices and free or lower shipping rates at other online retailers, like CTD.

Customer service was adequate, but didn't go out of the way to assist me when an AK-47 I ordered arrived without a part. So much for the "Team Buds Members-only Hotline"!

I did like the hassle-free FFL selection feature, which allowed me to select my local FFL without asking it to resend FFL paperwork.

I did not like Bud's high mark-up for credit card purchases. I prefer cash prices and payments, but found that Bud's made me wait several days for e-check (cash) payments to process...so much for fast shipping. At least CTD doesn't fool around with cash discounts/cash delays.

I continue to look at Bud's cartoonish & annoyingly clunky website, which badly needs an update, for competitive prices, but usually find better deals elsewhere. Pop up ads on its website intentionally obstruct important info, like prices, which makes for a less-than-pleasant and inefficient online shopping experience.

Sorry, Bud, you get 2 out of 5 stars.

"These guys are crooks! Don't buy from them. I purchased a new LC9. These idiots sold me a used handgun instead of a new handgun. They also took out the factory supplied LC9 magazine and put in its place a .380 magazine. Doesn't make make this "new" hand gun usable!

Nothing but the run around with many lies. If you end up talking to Nick...you are wasting your time - he's just another one of the crooks working here.

Rude, idiots indeed. Nick even told me he had no boss - no kidding! I always thought the customer was the boss.

Too many children work here...spend the extra money for quality - these fools have no idea!

modified review This review was modified by texas.pm on November 01 2014 01:16:19 PM

"180 days not worth it if the item becomes cheaper within the layaway window ."

modified review This review was modified by Jamesnguyen501 on October 30 2014 06:28:44 PM

"Ordered a shotgun using the "make offer" feature. It took me 3 tries and then accepted my 3rd price offer on the "Deluxe" version of this particular shotgun, and I completed the transaction for that "Deluxe" version. I immediately received an emailed Buds invoice not showing their item number (a neat trick) and later a second email stating it was now shipping, and now showing an item number--NOT the model I purchased. Of course cancelling it now would result in owing them the 10% restocking fee (a shyster fee of course). All 3 persons I spoke with (2 managers supposedly) stonewalled me and insisted I ordered that shotgun and ignored my explanation of the "make offer" sequence of events, AND then claimed they kept no electronic records of the "make offer process" which I pointed out would have proved which model I "bid" on and then purchased. How convenient for them that their system doesn't keep the electronic records of "make offer" processes. At my age I can smell bull---t from a good distance. A shotgun I did not order was delivered and lucky for me my credit card folks (I've been with for over 25 years now) went to bat for me and put Buds in their place. Yep selling a cheaper model for the price of the more expensive one, then telling a customer it was "your mistake", and that if you return it and pay the return shipping cost, you will also be charged a 10% restocking (shyster) fee, would make most people resign themselves to being screwed and keep the item I guess. That is a predatory business model for sure. I was lucky--they ate their mistake this time.

I will also mention a pistol order I received from them a few years prior. It was new and yet had a small scratch on top of the slide. I was a little disappointed but never once complained. See what that got me? Just be very careful and phone them to verify the item number if you don't see it on their abbreviated first emailed invoice. You better check for that item number and have them email a verification invoice showing that item number before it reaches the "shipping" stage, or you'll be hit with a shyster fee. Never again for me and Buds.

modified review This review was modified by wmv61 on October 30 2014 07:59:49 AM

"Placed order with Buds on evening of 7/2/13 and picked up from my gun dealer on 7/16/13. Very pleased with the product and the service. Product arrived in perfect, new condition, the gentleman that took my order was polite and knowledgeable. All in all, a delightful experience. Will buy from Buds again."

modified review This review was modified by albertlust on July 20 2013 08:23:20 AM

"After seeing all of the negative reviews I was hesitant to order from Bud's. But my own local gun store said they have never had a problem with them in 3 years. So I placed an order. No problems at all. The order was shipped the next day and arrived at my gun store in good shape. They could do a little better on shipping notification. I never received the promised email telling me that the order had been shipped. A small issue though. Overall a very positive experience."

"Mostly positive for Bud's gun shop, gun shipped and arrived fast after it finally came in and was at a very good price. The customer service was great when inquiring about the product and wait. My only problem was they charged my credit card immediately after ordering for a back ordered gun that I had to wait for over two months to get. "

modified review This review was modified by cobweb on July 17 2013 06:13:08 AM

I ordered a Glock from Buds Gun shop and the salesman assured me several
times it was a Gen 4 with the 3 magazines. The next day i called them and was
told it was a gen 3, i cancelled my order and was threatened with a 10 percent
restocking fee. This was on the 19th of June and i am still waiting to get the money
credited back to my bank account, and this is July 1st. I ask to talk to a supervisor
and they say my bank account is credited, it doesn't show to be. The supervisor
was rude and we had a pretty good argument, i just want my money back and will
never do business with Buds gun shop again. The potential savings is not
worth dealing with these people. They had the salesman on a recorded call
and know he promised a gen 4, they should have honored his deal since he
represents Buds Gun Shop. This is very unprofessional.
Irritated Customer The supervisor i dealt with was Nick and he was very rude.

"To date I've placed about 4 large orders with them and every single one arrived quickly and exactly as described. I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones who haven't had any problems. "

"I have not received my rifle yet so I cannot review that portion of Bud's Gunshop but I have been waiting 153 days since I ordered my rifle and am still waiting. I contacted customer service once and all they offered me was the option to cancel my order to receive a refund since it had been over 90 days. What I would like is my merchandise I paid in full for 153 days ago or at least some information as to why it has been 153 days and I still have nothing. I am disappointed with the communication and the length of time passed since my order with Bud's Gunshop. I will never purchase from them again."

modified review This review was modified by CKline on May 26 2013 07:44:01 PM

"I will never use this company again. They labeled a rifle as a magnum and the gun was not. I didn't find this out tell later that same day and called to cancel the order. They would cancel the order but kept $56 for the cancellation even tho it was only hours old. I bought one other gun from Buds which went verily smooth but won't ever use them again. They need to take MLR off the description of this rifle. I had several guns on my wish list and won't spend a dime with them after the non caring attitude of the customer service person. So Long Buds Guns!!! You lost me as a returning customer."

modified review This review was modified by delancemc on May 13 2013 08:26:21 AM

"Bought a new Ruger Mark 3 from Buds, free shipping and they were the only place that had this gun other than auction sites where the reserve prices were a lot higher than Buds price.

My only issue was that this gun became a "VIP" member only purchase 2 days after being offered- and a VIP membership costs $25.00. Fortunately I bought mine before they switched to VIP only.

"My first and LAST experience with this company has been a NIGHTMARE. I ordered 10, 50 round boxes of ammo, well when I get the order confirmation it says 10, 20 round boxes..... I call Monday to confirm it's actually 20 rounds instead of 50, and they confirm it (it was a little high priced for 50 rounds, but for 20 rounds COMPLETE RIPOFF). I cancel the order first thing MONDAY morning, they assure me I will not be billed.

Guess what I see Wednesday morning? The full amount charged to my account!!! The order was canceled TWO DAYS AGO. I call them up and have to deal with their NIGHTMARE of an automated system for 15 minutes to finally get on hold waiting for a real person, only to get disconnected. After 4 attempts I FINALLY get a real person, who tells me "we probably won't get the funds for 3-5 more business days, once we get the funds we can refund it which takes another 5 business days"

..............................................................................so, they take MY money 2 days AFTER the transaction is cancelled, and I can't get it back for TWO FREAKING WEEKS????!!! So not only do they take the money AFTER the transaction is cancelled, but now they have all my banking info, and I can't get my large sum of cash back for two weeks.

I got absolutely livid with this guy and demanded to talk to a manager, they tell me they will have to "talk to the finance dept and call me back".

An hour later I get a call saying theirs nothing they can do... go figure.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SHOP SOMEW

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!