• Bud's Gun Shop

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.85/10 1.85/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.63/10 2.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.62/10 1.62/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.17/10 0.17/10

"This place is a joke they said they would give me $275 for my xd .40 which was a slap to the face and then when we came to a agreement on two different guns the guy who operates the trade/sell department never even wrote me back or contacted me it just went out the window. I DO NOT recommend this place one bit."

"Very bad experience. I ordered the wrong gun. Pointed out to them that their online ad was incorrect and had mislead me. Made no difference. Would not cancel order. They in fact said the gun had shipped yesterday. Only when out of desperation, I told them I was calling my credit card company to get a refund did they suddenly discover that the gun had NOT in fact shipped and finally cancelled the order. Took two phone calls, and two emails. "

"On March 11,2015 I emailed Buds about option of T/I some of my guns for a GP 100 4' 357. I was contacted via email within minutes. I received another email a short time later with a ticket number and exact description of what i wanted to do. Next day I sold the T/I guns privately and then called Buds directly. Scottie handled my transaction. I paid via CC and was told it would take 5-8 days to process and receive it at one of their preferred FFL dealers. The next day I received an email telling me that my Ruger was shipped with the UPS tracking number. It will arrive on Tuesday the 17th.
I called the FFL dealer, who I buy things from and they were pleasant and happy to do the background ck et al.
They had nothing but rave reviews about Buds and since I know these people I so far feel very comfortable.
I will follow this up after I receive my new possession.

modified review This review was modified by DocHolliday1950 on March 14 2015 09:03:42 AM

"after getting lead down the path for a nice rifle. Had a friend take me to the post office to get a money order. taking pics. to make sure they know that they are getting there money. calling and checking to make sure they had the rifle they told me know problem we have a rifle for you. what a crock. if you change anything it will cost you 10% if they mess up you are swr!@d. and tie your money up don't deal with these people. Nick Fergerson USN Ret. "

modified review This review was modified by hunter-va on March 10 2015 12:47:06 PM

"Terrible to deal with. Purchased a revolver online and made the mistake of it being a 38 special and not 357. They wouldnt let me exchange it or even purchase a more expensive revolver in its place without charging me a restocking fee. The gun had not even shipped yet! Bad business!!"

"Buds guns has to be worse on shipping, ordered my gun (shotgun) on Feb 25, 2015 and here is March 4, 2015 and my order is still processing, gonna give them one more day and then i will cancel the order and refuse to pay the restocking fee..... would have been faster and cheaper to order from gallery of guns...... wish i could give buds no star rating"

modified review This review was modified by danz857 on March 04 2015 01:44:03 PM

"Just purchased the Zastava M88A from Buds Gun Shop online via debit card. Ordered on Feb.24, 2015, gun arrived at my Local FFL dealer on Feb.27, was able to arrange pick up Sunday Feb.29, only the NICS system was down. So picked up today Monday later afternoon. Checked back to my registered account with Buds Guns Shop online daily to check status and was greeted there, as well as email, with processing, shipping, and shipping status updates each time the item reached another stage. Id opted to choose Uncle Olys Gun Shop from Bud's preferred FFL dealer list to get a full experienced buy from Bud's, and this went well also. Had been in contact with Brian at Oly's via email from the time I ordered and he was on top of it all the way, emailed me when the pistol arrived Friday afternoon. Was surprised at the promptness of processing and shipping and quick arrival. $206.00 pistol adverised, including free shipping, and that is what I paid. My M88A came with 2 magazines, a bore brush, owners/warranty manual, and invoice packaged in a factory heavy duty box and cover sleeve. I purchased according to their policies with those expectations and all went as advertised it would. My FFL even confirmed he's done 100s + transfers from Bud's over the years and all have gone well and he states, "Bud's is a great place to purchase guns from and a great organization to work with." I've read all the negative reviews, and the few positive ones mingled in also, and was skeptical, but I've never been screwed over by someone in the firearms community, I design and fabricate custom firearms leather, so I went ahead with purchase. I'm glad I did. Pleased with the product, and pleased with the online transacting and processing through this. Simple, quick, and easy. "

modified review This review was modified by ChristensenLeather on March 02 2015 09:22:01 PM

"I just bought a DDm4v5 from Bud's and the transaction went pretty smooth and the rifle is factory new as described. There was the slight delay as stated for the cash price but as soon as the money "cleared" the rifle shipped out immediately.

Just thought I would go ahead and comment. I read these reviews after I placed the order and got pretty nervous, but the transaction was pretty much 5 stars.

I would use Bud's again because their prices are far lower than anywhere else I could find.

"Ordered ten or more guns from Bud's with no problems at all. Great prices and great products. Can't speak for all the others who have had negative dealings but I definitely will always keep Bud's in mind when ever I am looking for a gun. Always free shipping too. Bad part is that they charge Credit Card fees. If they didn't I would probably buy all my firearms from them because they usually have the best prices. Usually takes a few days to get my rifle but I live only one state away."

modified review This review was modified by AndyE on February 27 2015 01:59:50 PM

"I figured after reading a lot of the reviews I would also participate. I ordered using the 90 day plan about two weeks back. I paid in full on Feb 24th using EFT. As of Feb 27th it does not show as received by Buds Gun Shop even though the funds were withdrawn from my account early morning on Feb 25. I am patient. So far they are doing ok. I have sent two emails to their customer service about the initial payment and the second payment and have received a prompt response. I do expect the payment to show as received on their records today and the rifle to be shipped by March 2nd. Once it got shipped, it arrived in two days:)"

modified review This review was modified by naishsr on March 25 2015 05:11:22 AM

"I certainly hope that this review will join with all the others i wish i would have seen before my order. Customer service is absolutely horrible. Try to contact them and find out. Email response good luck. Placed an order on 2/14, payment taken off of cc same day, sits in "processing" until 2/25 (yes 8 business days) and then changes to "shipping" and now order sits in shipping for 2 business days and counting. How on earth in 2015 does it take 8 business days to process an order and then 2+ business days (still has not shipped to know how long it will end up taking) to prepare for shipping. multiple requests for any updated information goes unanswered. No wonder they have disclaimers all over the website about 10% fee if you even think about your order. Will never order from them again and wont recommend them to anyone either. "

modified review This review was modified by saynotobuds on February 26 2015 04:22:34 PM

"Ordered a Browning shotgun for my daughter today, Monday February 23, 2015. The price was $19.00 more than it was on Friday. I asked if I could have Friday's price and they said no. No problem. Still ordered it. Paid with e-check. No problem. Later in the day I get an email stating that because I live in Chicago, they can't ship it to me. Well, I don't live in Chicago and my FFL is over 30 miles from Chicago. I called and, like so many others, had to wait and wait to get a real person. Talked to a girl who said that my zip code includes me with Chicago. Told her I Do Not Live in Chicago! Did'nt matter. Talked with supervisor James, told him the same thing. He said there's nothing he can do. So, because my zip code starts with "60", me and millions of other residents in Illinois are being punished. Fucking bullshit. Told them to take my name off their lists as I will never order from them again, even when they realize it is unconstitutional for what they are doing. 26 years in law-enforcement and I can't buy a 4-shot 20-guage shotgun for my daughter. Real nice."

modified review This review was modified by Mike2147 on February 23 2015 03:41:22 PM

"Bought an AK47 on layaway, paid about 300 bucks on it, then BUDS mysteriously cancels my order, and says they will issue full refund. Says there were "2 names" on the order, calling and harassing my dad, wtf?! OK, whatever. SO, I order a Glock 17 on their 180 Days to pay deal. I put down my deposit, good to go, right? WRONG! A few days later, and after making another 100 dollar payment, the good old idiots at BUDS cancelled my order AGAIN, without contacting me to let me know what was going on or why. I suspect this is another instance of their "customer service" redneck team being vindictive. I had left an email stating that their canceling of my original order without notifying me when it was so close to paid off was unprofessional. Then bam, right after I send that email, my new purchase is mysteriously also canceled. Items were still in stock, same price....never got an explanation. I use IMPACT GUNS now, forget buds. Mind you, I have bought like 3 firearms from them before with no problem, then all of a sudden nothing but grief. "

modified review This review was modified by rays1074 on February 23 2015 03:06:02 AM

"Don't become a Team BUd member. its a waste of money. Ordering from this site they have all these little hidden fees that its just better off going to your local dealer... I was told that I could buy something under their 180 days to pay but when I did the order online it charged me the whole amount. So then I call back not even 10 mins later and the csv person told me because I was canceling the order within mins they would refund me my money the same day well that didn't happen, So I call the next day to speak to a supervisor and he then hangs up on me and when I call back he says I thought you hung up me.. Really is that why you picked up the phone. Then I ask to speak to another mgr and he then gets into a pissing contest with me and all they can tell me is that my money is being delay because of the weather. So I guess snow storms with wire transfer now. Will never order from them again. "

"I had a very good experience with Buds gun store. The vast number of ad reviews I have seen have been from people who did not read the information from the web site. If there is a problem do not accept it from your FFL. It is as simple as that. For problems that could be missed...most local stores have no return policies on firearms. This includes places like AAFES and Walmart. So why would you expect it from a mail order gun store. People make mistakes. I have no particular information on their customer service. The nature of the store, and most gun stores I go to have standoffish personnel that normally are not very customer friendly, especially when told "they made a mistake". Whether that is true or not like I said I have no personal experience. My advice is take the time to read the webpage thoroughly. If the conditions are not to your liking go somewhere else. Honesty I doubt you will get much different treatment. I used an E-check which took 3-4 business days then about 4 days for shipping. To me that's not bad. Things that I feel are worth it...get the mail insurance and keep checking the website for updates. They will appear there before email updates. Again the big thing is do not accept the firearm for the FFL without a thorough inspection. My experience was a positive one."

modified review This review was modified by gatlin69 on February 17 2015 05:19:41 PM

Share Bud's Gun Shop's store rating

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!