• Address: 1105 Industry Road Lexington, KY

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.37/10 1.37/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.24/10 2.24/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.46/10 1.46/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.24/10 0.24/10

"Put a Girsan 1911 on layaway through Bud's. Ended up receiving the same gun from my girlfriend for Christmas. Called up Bud's asking to swap either the funds to a new gun, or swap the gun on the order. Was denied both. Was told my only recourse is to either A)pay the order off and thus own two of the same firearm or B) cancel the order and accept a refund of $1.xx. Yes, that's right, one dollar and some change refund on a $400 firearm's deposit. After leaving a truthful review on their Facebook account, a Bud's rep called me up to berate me over the layaway plan, and to further reinforce that they would do nothing for me. They then removed my review from their Facebook. First and last time I ever do business with this crooked shop."

"Will not ever deal with them again. Charged me a restocking fee when money had not even been taken from my bank account. Had just put in the order. Gun was sitting on the shelf. Why the hell would I have to pay restock fee. Gun they were selling me could not buy ammo for. Even said I would buy a more expensive gun. Still no deal. Took $45 of my money for a restock just because they could. "

"wow. I am amazed that there are so many negative reviews. I have bought more firearms than I want to admit publicly from Bud's over the last few years. Yah, they hold your money. No, they aren't fast. Yes, I have had an order canceled because the high demand weapon sold out before the order was processed. But look at the freaking prices! Their layaway has allowed me to scrounge up money on weapons I would have had to pass on. ACH, not one issue. Bud's is what it is, CHEAP. Want RFN service and delivery, open that wallet a little wider big spender. Me, I get my weapons at Bud's. "

modified review This review was modified by BG1960 on January 27 2015 04:11:20 PM

"I ordered a Mosin Nagant from Bud's on Monday and received it today four business days after ordering it. I was surprised when I opened the box to see a red letter Izhevsk. I sure wasn't expecting that. It arrived in very good shape, and it came with a red letter bayonet, oil can, screwdriver/bolt tool, muzzle protector, and a few cleaning jags so that was a nice bonus too.

The rifles bore is in excellent condition for a milsurp with strong lands and grooves, and muzzle wear is very good too. Stock is in very good shape too with minimal dings and dents so that was a nice suprise. Typical Russian refurb blue and varnish which is to be expected. Not a heck of a lot of cosmoline on it, and no rust spots either. Feels like it has a thin film of oil on it which was nice to see.

I was pretty skeptical about ordering from Bud's based on the reviews I read, but I am glad I did. Ordering and FFL process was simple and straightforward. The rifle I received is as good, if not better than described.

I'm very happy with my purchase from Bud's, and would not hesitate to do business with them again!

modified review This review was modified by RazorzBurn on January 23 2015 05:49:24 PM

"Despite all of the poor reviews, I went ahead and ordered my first gun from Buds Gun Shop online (DDM4V5 Tornado) and the experience was excellent. I used Buds E-Check payment to avoid the 3% cc fees. Buds kept me updated via email throughout the entire process - payment pending/cleared, processing, shipping. The rifle arrived exactly as described in brand new condition. I will definitely order from Buds again."

modified review This review was modified by neptune442 on January 21 2015 12:30:53 PM

"I'm starting this in hopes I can give a great rating in the end. I genuinely discount a large percent of the bad reviews because the large majority of buyers that have a great experience never bother to post anything were as the bad one always do.

Ordered a firearm not cheap $1800 on Jan 6th Charged to CC instantly, It was in stock and is still in stock today..contacted CC to be sure it went thru, Yes with in minuets of the transaction.
Jan. 6 Status: Pending,
Jan. 6 Same day went to: Processing
Jan. 13th still in Processing..

I just called to ask if they had an update they could share with me. I fully understand the policy I did read it, they have no way to respond or ask the status by e-mail until the order is in shipping or over 7 days old or you want to cancel the order.

I will continue to update this as things progress:

1/15/12: E-mail today In shipping department

1/20/12: Picked it up today everything as it should be NIB with all accessory's 100 rounds flawless.. Thank You Buds.....

modified review This review was modified by Web Shoper on January 20 2015 12:44:34 PM

"BUDSGUNSHOP - do not buy from them. I bought 2 guns today and they processed it. Then cancelled my order saying they made a mistake and sold me the guns too cheap. Forget Budsgunshop!!! shop elswhere"

"I bought a supposed new S&W 500 from Buds and my FFL dealer and his gun smith both feel this is a used gun. I contacted Buds and they said I should not have excepted the gun (my mistake) and there was nothing they could do and if the gun was new it would have come from S&W direct. I really thought I would get better support from Buds and not just push it off on S&W. My final and last purchase from Buds and I will post this on as many forums as I can I promise that. "

"Buds Guns sucks. Ordered an item. Sent cashiers check. Next day they went up on listed price. They received my cashiers check and cashed it then sent me an email saying the item was out of stock and they would refund $ or I could apply $ to another item. I asked if they could just keep $ and ship item when it comes back in stock. They said "no" (because they went up on price after I secured order). They were rude on phone and closed out my acct. I had purchased several previous items from them and had read bad experiences other people had but this takes the cake . I will spend my $ elsewhere even if it means paying a few dollars more . What good is "cash price" discount if they won't hold a gun until they receive the check???? "

modified review This review was modified by Ace4578 on January 05 2015 01:16:42 PM

"Numerous purchases over the years and always more than satisfied. Last purchase was a Glock police trade in. Advertised with 2 mags but only came with one. No problem as I already had several. I noted in my review that it only came with one. Couple days later and they contacted me and let me know they would be sending me a brand new factory mag at no charge. A+"

"I’ve ordered two firearms from Bud’s Gun Shop in the recent past and had no problems with receiving exactly what I ordered. This time was different. On December 14, 2014, I saw that Bud’s had the Sig Sauer Adaptive Carbine Platform (ACP) Zombie Killer Edition on sale on their website. The description of the kit stated it included the ACP, a single-point bungee sling, the Sig STL-9000 Laser/Light, and a carry case. Their online picture also showed the kit with the STL-9000 Laser/Light attached to the ACP. I placed my order for the kit that day, part number ACPZKWLL. Note, the last two letters, "LL", i.e. Laser/Light.

Nine days later, I received the ACP kit, and when I opened the box, to my surprise, there was no STL-9000 Laser/Light. The next day, I called Bud’s to let them know that they had forgotten to include the Laser/Light. I was told by their customer service representative the kit no longer comes with that item and they would give a refund if I wanted to send the kit back. As it was to be a Christmas gift for my wife and this was the day before Christmas, this was not an option for me. I asked that they send me the item that was in their online description, the Sig STL-9000 Laser/Light. When they refused to do, I told them that I would have to let their customers know how I was treated.

After Christmas, I attempted to log in to my account on the Bud’s Gun Shop website and found that Bud’s had permanently deleted my account, thereby preventing me from leaving public feedback on my purchase.

If you want to buy firearms and accessories from a dealer that will take care of it’s customers, DO NOT BUY FROM BUD’S GUN SHOP!

"F**k that place!!! I ordered a $500 magnifier and they called asking me to confirm the shipping and billing address since they didn't match. They then called me a fraud and deactivated my account and told me I can never order from them again. They "didn't like the answers I gave them" and cancelled my order because of it. I will never order anything from them again. I even talked to manager after manager and they just kept calling me a fraud and that I wasn't who I said I was. I was sending it to my dad's house who has ordered guns from them before!!! His address is on file with them!!!"

modified review This review was modified by suckballs.com on December 26 2014 10:01:59 PM

"I have spent $2,500.00 during the 2014 calendar year with Bud's Gun Shop. Until early Dec, everything went well with all my purchases. Then, when in the midst of making another order, when I came to the "confirm order" tab, I decided to sleep on my potential purchase so I did not authorize the order (1153532). Buds sent me emails stating THEY authorized the order, were billing my account and shipping me the order forthwith. I threatened legal action but went ahead and authorized the original order, the following day.

Bud's cancelled 2 other pending orders and 1153532. They refuse to allow me to communicate with them now, although they still owe my account almost $650.00. The latest situation was I telephoned them this morning speaking to "Steve." Steve stated he would check the status of my $650.00 refund and never returned to the call. I awaited his return for 15 minutes, realizing this might be a "business practice" of Bud's Gun Shop in dealing with folks they find difficult .

The total on these 3 orders was $1850.00. I have received refunds on the other 2 so perhaps I will also see the missing refund applied to my account very soon.

When dealing with Bud's Gun Shop, try to set your mind on what you want and what you will do, ahead of accessing their website and actually placing an order.

Apparently this business has no time for customers who just change their minds when in the process of ordering.

After this experience, I just want my refund and promise to never do business with Bud's again, per their "shunning" behavior to a previously excellent customer.

modified review This review was modified by WayneHopewell on December 15 2014 11:27:43 AM

"i ordered a holster and paid for it ..when it did not arrive i called only to find out that ups shipped it back... at buds request due to wrong address (zip code) --- on web site the address is correct and they claim the zip code was wrong and that is why it was returned-- on the site everything is correct -- now in order to recieve the holster i have to pay again shipping-- even after trying to find out why -their answer was "well the zip code was wrong it doesnt matter about the address" duh!!!! i now have to pay again for the holster (shipping) but on my account it shows the correct address and the ZIP code this is not good for sales now i will think about ordering again unless i take pictures of the screens and send them in money is tight for every one even 10.00 is alot when you have to pay it twice ...."

modified review This review was modified by Gummiepig on December 15 2014 08:27:36 AM

"Awful experience with Bud's Gun Shop's website, refunding, communication, and overall improper business activity...

This is regarding an online order with them through their website.

I purchased a specific item via E-check for their "cash discount". They canceled for whatever reason giving very little to no explanation and NO options. They claimed it would take 3-5 business days for funds to show up. I submitted an online complaint against them and finally got a response from them but it had been the most unprofessional exchange I've had with a business.

Dialogue with "Nick" the manager was him saying I had falsely accused them and in addition he offered NO options to resolve the situation.

I can understand orders taking longer than usual.
I can understand issues come up from time to time.
I can understand when there are times things slip through the cracks.

But I cannot understand their lack of customer care. The moment they had a chance to resolve the situation, they had a complete lack of responsibility for their mistakes. It looks like I'm not the only one who went through the trouble of spending our time to submit a complaint. There are far and wide array of negative reviews not only on yelp but on the Better Business Bureau.

If you're reading this review and on the fence of deciding to purchase from them, do yourself a favor and stay away. It's not worth the hassle.

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!