• Address: 1105 Industry Road Lexington, KY
    • Phone: 859-368-0371
    • Business Hours: Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

"Placed order with Buds on evening of 7/2/13 and picked up from my gun dealer on 7/16/13. Very pleased with the product and the service. Product arrived in perfect, new condition, the gentleman that took my order was polite and knowledgeable. All in all, a delightful experience. Will buy from Buds again."

modified review This review was modified by albertlust on July 20 2013 08:23:20 AM

"After seeing all of the negative reviews I was hesitant to order from Bud's. But my own local gun store said they have never had a problem with them in 3 years. So I placed an order. No problems at all. The order was shipped the next day and arrived at my gun store in good shape. They could do a little better on shipping notification. I never received the promised email telling me that the order had been shipped. A small issue though. Overall a very positive experience."

"Mostly positive for Bud's gun shop, gun shipped and arrived fast after it finally came in and was at a very good price. The customer service was great when inquiring about the product and wait. My only problem was they charged my credit card immediately after ordering for a back ordered gun that I had to wait for over two months to get. "

modified review This review was modified by cobweb on July 17 2013 06:13:08 AM

I ordered a Glock from Buds Gun shop and the salesman assured me several
times it was a Gen 4 with the 3 magazines. The next day i called them and was
told it was a gen 3, i cancelled my order and was threatened with a 10 percent
restocking fee. This was on the 19th of June and i am still waiting to get the money
credited back to my bank account, and this is July 1st. I ask to talk to a supervisor
and they say my bank account is credited, it doesn't show to be. The supervisor
was rude and we had a pretty good argument, i just want my money back and will
never do business with Buds gun shop again. The potential savings is not
worth dealing with these people. They had the salesman on a recorded call
and know he promised a gen 4, they should have honored his deal since he
represents Buds Gun Shop. This is very unprofessional.
Irritated Customer The supervisor i dealt with was Nick and he was very rude.

"To date I've placed about 4 large orders with them and every single one arrived quickly and exactly as described. I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones who haven't had any problems. "

"I have not received my rifle yet so I cannot review that portion of Bud's Gunshop but I have been waiting 153 days since I ordered my rifle and am still waiting. I contacted customer service once and all they offered me was the option to cancel my order to receive a refund since it had been over 90 days. What I would like is my merchandise I paid in full for 153 days ago or at least some information as to why it has been 153 days and I still have nothing. I am disappointed with the communication and the length of time passed since my order with Bud's Gunshop. I will never purchase from them again."

modified review This review was modified by CKline on May 26 2013 07:44:01 PM

"I will never use this company again. They labeled a rifle as a magnum and the gun was not. I didn't find this out tell later that same day and called to cancel the order. They would cancel the order but kept $56 for the cancellation even tho it was only hours old. I bought one other gun from Buds which went verily smooth but won't ever use them again. They need to take MLR off the description of this rifle. I had several guns on my wish list and won't spend a dime with them after the non caring attitude of the customer service person. So Long Buds Guns!!! You lost me as a returning customer."

modified review This review was modified by delancemc on May 13 2013 08:26:21 AM

"Bought a new Ruger Mark 3 from Buds, free shipping and they were the only place that had this gun other than auction sites where the reserve prices were a lot higher than Buds price.

My only issue was that this gun became a "VIP" member only purchase 2 days after being offered- and a VIP membership costs $25.00. Fortunately I bought mine before they switched to VIP only.

"My first and LAST experience with this company has been a NIGHTMARE. I ordered 10, 50 round boxes of ammo, well when I get the order confirmation it says 10, 20 round boxes..... I call Monday to confirm it's actually 20 rounds instead of 50, and they confirm it (it was a little high priced for 50 rounds, but for 20 rounds COMPLETE RIPOFF). I cancel the order first thing MONDAY morning, they assure me I will not be billed.

Guess what I see Wednesday morning? The full amount charged to my account!!! The order was canceled TWO DAYS AGO. I call them up and have to deal with their NIGHTMARE of an automated system for 15 minutes to finally get on hold waiting for a real person, only to get disconnected. After 4 attempts I FINALLY get a real person, who tells me "we probably won't get the funds for 3-5 more business days, once we get the funds we can refund it which takes another 5 business days"

..............................................................................so, they take MY money 2 days AFTER the transaction is cancelled, and I can't get it back for TWO FREAKING WEEKS????!!! So not only do they take the money AFTER the transaction is cancelled, but now they have all my banking info, and I can't get my large sum of cash back for two weeks.

I got absolutely livid with this guy and demanded to talk to a manager, they tell me they will have to "talk to the finance dept and call me back".

An hour later I get a call saying theirs nothing they can do... go figure.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SHOP SOMEW

"March 1st - order placed.
March 8th - order received - wrong item.
March 9th - notified budsgunshop
March 11th - budsgunshop replied saying that they were going to email me a prepaid return label. 2 days for a response? shabby.
March 12th - told budsgunshop that I hadn't received the shipping label yet. It's just an email, right? should be quick.
March 13th - budsgunshop replied saying that the request was with the returns department and that I should receive the label ASAP.
March 15th - I have now been waiting 6 days for an email with a return label. I am not the one who screwed up the order, they did. This is very poor customer service. I email them again telling them how poor their service is, and that if I don't receive a return label NOW I will contact my credit card company to dispute the charges.
March 15th - 4 hours after I threatened to dispute the charges, I had an email with a return label.
March 15th - dropped return package off at UPS store.
March 21st - UPS tracking number shows package received by budsgunshop.
March 25th - still no acknowledgement of return shipment from budsgunshop. I email them again letting them know that I know that the package was received on 3/21 and when can I expect a return shipment with the items I actually ordered?
March 26th - budsgunshop replies telling me that it is being processed by their returns department and that I'll get my order ASAP.
April 1st - still no notification of shipment, or even that the returned items have been processed. I again write budsgunshop letting them know how much their service sucks, and that I no longer want to do business with them. I gave them 48hrs to post a refund for my order or I would contact my credit card company to dispute the charges.
April 2nd - I received notification that my return order was processed and that a full refund would be given.

My point is this: I had to threaten them in order to get anything done! The item that they originally sent me was worth 3 times what I actually ordered. They should have rolled out the red carpet for me just for being honest about the mix up! Instead I get a month long run around with nothing to show for it!

budsgunshop.com is the worst online shopping experience I have ever had, and I shop online alot!

"Buds rules. The price of my FNS-40 was so low that the guy at the FFL thought I was buying it used. Too many crybabies on here think they are entitled to faster service. Stop it. I paid for my order on 3-12 and picked it up on 3-21. Not bad considering I saved over $100 on MSRP.
Remember people guns are in high demand. Have a bit of patience.
Otherwise go and get ripped off at your local gun store.

"Buds gun shop is a lying, stealing, cheating bunch of folks. They shipped me a firearm in the wrong name and kept 65 dollars when it had to be shipped back. I repurchased the firearm and a week later I had it. It took three months to get my refund -65 from the first order. I filed a complaint with the BBB and Buds gets on there and calls me a convicted felon, what a joke. This company is the joke. I purchased on 12/28/2012 and now 3/24/2013 just getting my refund -what they stole. Since this happened this felon here has purchased 2 guns from GunAuction site and 3 guns from ImpactGuns with no problem. Buds will say anything to get out of satisfying customers or losing 40 dollars plus 25 return shipping after holding my money three months."

"Ordered on the 19th, my FFL was crossed out, which means the license had expired since the last time Bud's sent something to that FFL. I had my FFL fax in his information before I made the order to rectify that issue. I responded to the automated email of no FFL and the next moring all was well. My FFL was now listed on the site and in my order.

The Rifles were shipped and arrived at a FFL on the 22nd. Super fast delivery, too bad it wasn't to my FFL. Similar name but 45 miles away. My actual FFL was showing in the order status.

Chatted with the online person and she gave me a gift card for 15 dollars. Not enough to cover the added cost the new FFL and the 90 mile round trip to get my rifles to their new home.

I gave 4 stars for the Customer service because they were quick to offer the gift card and get my order associated with my FFL. Another dealer had taken 3 weeks to get the FFL associated with an order, so I was pretty happy that it happened so fast.

Would have given them 5 stars for shipping for the speed alone, but had to take away 3 for shipping to the wrong FFL. 2 stars because it was at least within driving distance.

"Do NOT buy from these guys. Total rip-off artists. Unlike most reputable gun dealers, because of the current shortage, they are marking up any firearm in short supply 50% to 100% - it's called "gouging" and illegal - but they do it anyway. Rifles that retail for $900 they are pricing at $1900 due to the shortage. Where honest dealers put you on a wait list, and still sell the same rifle at normal retail prices as they get them in, Buds is jacking up the price as far as they think they can get away with and sucker someone into paying. Don't deal with these crooks."

"DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
Its buyer beware! for every person that gets a order filled and is
happy there are hundreds not. I have bought 10k worth of guns from them and in only 6 months some came fast and what they promised but others were nightmares and I was a VIP customer which you get no special deals or treatment its a hoax. the lies is what did me in
just read all the reviews and you'll see not just from me. tried to comment on the face book,deleted. you cant commet on their you tube videos and any negitive they delete, Why? they want to fool you and they also deleted my buds account for bad reviews. Please there are so many companies that deserve your bussiness and they care and yes everyone is slow right now but these companies do't lie then make a you tube video with no comments to cober it up. their scared and now make them pay for their disloyalty.

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!