• Bud's Gun Shop

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.20/10 2.20/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.04/10 2.04/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.20/10 0.20/10

"The State Attorney's General consumer fraud division needs to step in on this business. "

"I just read the negative reviews and am surprised. Obviously some people either don't have the patience or the smarts to understand how Buds works. I've ordered about 15 guns from Buds and it pretty much always goes smooth, save the occasional mess up, but people are people. Most always it has been great, and they have kept me in the loop all but once when my gun shipped without me knowing it; but they caught up with it. Be patient, it takes some time but not that much. Watch the prices, they fluctuate, bid on a gun until you've found their lowest accepting price (may take a few days). For the cash price, send them a Cashier's check by priority mail and you are good to go unless you pay the higher CC price. Know what the heck you are buying up front - check the model and code numbers closely, some pictures are old stock, etc.!! Watch the price for the next month and send in your low price guarantee with a screen shot, they will send you the difference. All my FFLs have accepted their transfers without problem. Make sure you inspect the gun well, if anything wrong with it don't accept it, they will make it right. Most importantly, read and understand their rules and follow them and you will be fine. I have been very happy with them, and with patience they have pretty much always beat the storefronts. What is there not to like unless you are the screwup in the equation."

modified review This review was modified by Kazooter787 on May 09 2015 06:46:20 AM

"April 2015 – Was the first time I ever purchased a gun on-line and have to say everything went as promised. My son had used Bud’s before and felt they prices were very competitive. So I did my research on the gun I wanted at my local Bass Pro Shop and made sure it was exactly what I wanted, before starting the process with Bud’s. After setting up my account I read everything I could on their website about placing the order, cancelations, payment and shipment. I also was able to find one their preferred FFL Dealers within a few miles of my house who only charged $15 for the transfer. Once I had everything figured out I called Bud’s Customer Service and a very friendly guy helped me make sure I was choosing the gun I wanted. He also explained that some of their new guns had a “bid” option, and how what worked, which I was able to do and save a few extra bucks. I placed the order using their e-check option which gave me the “cash” price and everything went GREAT. The order shipped within a reasonable amount of time, 5-7 days, which is what they said it would, + 2 day overnight shipping. My local FFL Dealer called me when the gun came in, the back ground check and paper work only took 15 minutes. Everything went very smooth. After reading some of the negative reviews, I think some people get in a hurry and don’t take the time to call and talk to the friendly people at Bud’s to confirm and make sure they are ordering the gun they want. Once everything was done I had my gun in less than 10 days and saved over $130 over Bass Pro."

modified review This review was modified by jrcheese on April 15 2015 07:41:33 AM

"This place is a joke they said they would give me $275 for my xd .40 which was a slap to the face and then when we came to a agreement on two different guns the guy who operates the trade/sell department never even wrote me back or contacted me it just went out the window. I DO NOT recommend this place one bit."

"Very bad experience. I ordered the wrong gun. Pointed out to them that their online ad was incorrect and had mislead me. Made no difference. Would not cancel order. They in fact said the gun had shipped yesterday. Only when out of desperation, I told them I was calling my credit card company to get a refund did they suddenly discover that the gun had NOT in fact shipped and finally cancelled the order. Took two phone calls, and two emails. "

"On March 11,2015 I emailed Buds about option of T/I some of my guns for a GP 100 4' 357. I was contacted via email within minutes. I received another email a short time later with a ticket number and exact description of what i wanted to do. Next day I sold the T/I guns privately and then called Buds directly. Scottie handled my transaction. I paid via CC and was told it would take 5-8 days to process and receive it at one of their preferred FFL dealers. The next day I received an email telling me that my Ruger was shipped with the UPS tracking number. It will arrive on Tuesday the 17th.
I called the FFL dealer, who I buy things from and they were pleasant and happy to do the background ck et al.
They had nothing but rave reviews about Buds and since I know these people I so far feel very comfortable.
I will follow this up after I receive my new possession.

modified review This review was modified by DocHolliday1950 on March 14 2015 09:03:42 AM

"after getting lead down the path for a nice rifle. Had a friend take me to the post office to get a money order. taking pics. to make sure they know that they are getting there money. calling and checking to make sure they had the rifle they told me know problem we have a rifle for you. what a crock. if you change anything it will cost you 10% if they mess up you are swr!@d. and tie your money up don't deal with these people. Nick Fergerson USN Ret. "

modified review This review was modified by hunter-va on March 10 2015 12:47:06 PM

"Terrible to deal with. Purchased a revolver online and made the mistake of it being a 38 special and not 357. They wouldnt let me exchange it or even purchase a more expensive revolver in its place without charging me a restocking fee. The gun had not even shipped yet! Bad business!!"

"Buds guns has to be worse on shipping, ordered my gun (shotgun) on Feb 25, 2015 and here is March 4, 2015 and my order is still processing, gonna give them one more day and then i will cancel the order and refuse to pay the restocking fee..... would have been faster and cheaper to order from gallery of guns...... wish i could give buds no star rating"

modified review This review was modified by danz857 on March 04 2015 01:44:03 PM

"Just purchased the Zastava M88A from Buds Gun Shop online via debit card. Ordered on Feb.24, 2015, gun arrived at my Local FFL dealer on Feb.27, was able to arrange pick up Sunday Feb.29, only the NICS system was down. So picked up today Monday later afternoon. Checked back to my registered account with Buds Guns Shop online daily to check status and was greeted there, as well as email, with processing, shipping, and shipping status updates each time the item reached another stage. Id opted to choose Uncle Olys Gun Shop from Bud's preferred FFL dealer list to get a full experienced buy from Bud's, and this went well also. Had been in contact with Brian at Oly's via email from the time I ordered and he was on top of it all the way, emailed me when the pistol arrived Friday afternoon. Was surprised at the promptness of processing and shipping and quick arrival. $206.00 pistol adverised, including free shipping, and that is what I paid. My M88A came with 2 magazines, a bore brush, owners/warranty manual, and invoice packaged in a factory heavy duty box and cover sleeve. I purchased according to their policies with those expectations and all went as advertised it would. My FFL even confirmed he's done 100s + transfers from Bud's over the years and all have gone well and he states, "Bud's is a great place to purchase guns from and a great organization to work with." I've read all the negative reviews, and the few positive ones mingled in also, and was skeptical, but I've never been screwed over by someone in the firearms community, I design and fabricate custom firearms leather, so I went ahead with purchase. I'm glad I did. Pleased with the product, and pleased with the online transacting and processing through this. Simple, quick, and easy. "

modified review This review was modified by ChristensenLeather on March 02 2015 09:22:01 PM

"I just bought a DDm4v5 from Bud's and the transaction went pretty smooth and the rifle is factory new as described. There was the slight delay as stated for the cash price but as soon as the money "cleared" the rifle shipped out immediately.

Just thought I would go ahead and comment. I read these reviews after I placed the order and got pretty nervous, but the transaction was pretty much 5 stars.

I would use Bud's again because their prices are far lower than anywhere else I could find.

"Ordered ten or more guns from Bud's with no problems at all. Great prices and great products. Can't speak for all the others who have had negative dealings but I definitely will always keep Bud's in mind when ever I am looking for a gun. Always free shipping too. Bad part is that they charge Credit Card fees. If they didn't I would probably buy all my firearms from them because they usually have the best prices. Usually takes a few days to get my rifle but I live only one state away."

modified review This review was modified by AndyE on February 27 2015 01:59:50 PM

"I figured after reading a lot of the reviews I would also participate. I ordered using the 90 day plan about two weeks back. I paid in full on Feb 24th using EFT. As of Feb 27th it does not show as received by Buds Gun Shop even though the funds were withdrawn from my account early morning on Feb 25. I am patient. So far they are doing ok. I have sent two emails to their customer service about the initial payment and the second payment and have received a prompt response. I do expect the payment to show as received on their records today and the rifle to be shipped by March 2nd. Once it got shipped, it arrived in two days:)"

modified review This review was modified by naishsr on March 25 2015 05:11:22 AM

"I certainly hope that this review will join with all the others i wish i would have seen before my order. Customer service is absolutely horrible. Try to contact them and find out. Email response good luck. Placed an order on 2/14, payment taken off of cc same day, sits in "processing" until 2/25 (yes 8 business days) and then changes to "shipping" and now order sits in shipping for 2 business days and counting. How on earth in 2015 does it take 8 business days to process an order and then 2+ business days (still has not shipped to know how long it will end up taking) to prepare for shipping. multiple requests for any updated information goes unanswered. No wonder they have disclaimers all over the website about 10% fee if you even think about your order. Will never order from them again and wont recommend them to anyone either. "

modified review This review was modified by saynotobuds on February 26 2015 04:22:34 PM

"Ordered a Browning shotgun for my daughter today, Monday February 23, 2015. The price was $19.00 more than it was on Friday. I asked if I could have Friday's price and they said no. No problem. Still ordered it. Paid with e-check. No problem. Later in the day I get an email stating that because I live in Chicago, they can't ship it to me. Well, I don't live in Chicago and my FFL is over 30 miles from Chicago. I called and, like so many others, had to wait and wait to get a real person. Talked to a girl who said that my zip code includes me with Chicago. Told her I Do Not Live in Chicago! Did'nt matter. Talked with supervisor James, told him the same thing. He said there's nothing he can do. So, because my zip code starts with "60", me and millions of other residents in Illinois are being punished. Fucking bullshit. Told them to take my name off their lists as I will never order from them again, even when they realize it is unconstitutional for what they are doing. 26 years in law-enforcement and I can't buy a 4-shot 20-guage shotgun for my daughter. Real nice."

modified review This review was modified by Mike2147 on February 23 2015 03:41:22 PM

Share Bud's Gun Shop's store rating

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!