• Bud's Gun Shop

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.60/10 2.60/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.63/10 1.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.19/10 0.19/10

"I just bought a DDm4v5 from Bud's and the transaction went pretty smooth and the rifle is factory new as described. There was the slight delay as stated for the cash price but as soon as the money "cleared" the rifle shipped out immediately.

Just thought I would go ahead and comment. I read these reviews after I placed the order and got pretty nervous, but the transaction was pretty much 5 stars.

I would use Bud's again because their prices are far lower than anywhere else I could find.

"Ordered ten or more guns from Bud's with no problems at all. Great prices and great products. Can't speak for all the others who have had negative dealings but I definitely will always keep Bud's in mind when ever I am looking for a gun. Always free shipping too. Bad part is that they charge Credit Card fees. If they didn't I would probably buy all my firearms from them because they usually have the best prices. Usually takes a few days to get my rifle but I live only one state away."

modified review This review was modified by AndyE on February 27 2015 01:59:50 PM

"I figured after reading a lot of the reviews I would also participate. I ordered using the 90 day plan about two weeks back. I paid in full on Feb 24th using EFT. As of Feb 27th it does not show as received by Buds Gun Shop even though the funds were withdrawn from my account early morning on Feb 25. I am patient. So far they are doing ok. I have sent two emails to their customer service about the initial payment and the second payment and have received a prompt response. I do expect the payment to show as received on their records today and the rifle to be shipped by March 2nd. I will post an update."

"I certainly hope that this review will join with all the others i wish i would have seen before my order. Customer service is absolutely horrible. Try to contact them and find out. Email response good luck. Placed an order on 2/14, payment taken off of cc same day, sits in "processing" until 2/25 (yes 8 business days) and then changes to "shipping" and now order sits in shipping for 2 business days and counting. How on earth in 2015 does it take 8 business days to process an order and then 2+ business days (still has not shipped to know how long it will end up taking) to prepare for shipping. multiple requests for any updated information goes unanswered. No wonder they have disclaimers all over the website about 10% fee if you even think about your order. Will never order from them again and wont recommend them to anyone either. "

modified review This review was modified by saynotobuds on February 26 2015 04:22:34 PM

"Ordered a Browning shotgun for my daughter today, Monday February 23, 2015. The price was $19.00 more than it was on Friday. I asked if I could have Friday's price and they said no. No problem. Still ordered it. Paid with e-check. No problem. Later in the day I get an email stating that because I live in Chicago, they can't ship it to me. Well, I don't live in Chicago and my FFL is over 30 miles from Chicago. I called and, like so many others, had to wait and wait to get a real person. Talked to a girl who said that my zip code includes me with Chicago. Told her I Do Not Live in Chicago! Did'nt matter. Talked with supervisor James, told him the same thing. He said there's nothing he can do. So, because my zip code starts with "60", me and millions of other residents in Illinois are being punished. Fucking bullshit. Told them to take my name off their lists as I will never order from them again, even when they realize it is unconstitutional for what they are doing. 26 years in law-enforcement and I can't buy a 4-shot 20-guage shotgun for my daughter. Real nice."

modified review This review was modified by Mike2147 on February 23 2015 03:41:22 PM

"Bought an AK47 on layaway, paid about 300 bucks on it, then BUDS mysteriously cancels my order, and says they will issue full refund. Says there were "2 names" on the order, calling and harassing my dad, wtf?! OK, whatever. SO, I order a Glock 17 on their 180 Days to pay deal. I put down my deposit, good to go, right? WRONG! A few days later, and after making another 100 dollar payment, the good old idiots at BUDS cancelled my order AGAIN, without contacting me to let me know what was going on or why. I suspect this is another instance of their "customer service" redneck team being vindictive. I had left an email stating that their canceling of my original order without notifying me when it was so close to paid off was unprofessional. Then bam, right after I send that email, my new purchase is mysteriously also canceled. Items were still in stock, same price....never got an explanation. I use IMPACT GUNS now, forget buds. Mind you, I have bought like 3 firearms from them before with no problem, then all of a sudden nothing but grief. "

modified review This review was modified by rays1074 on February 23 2015 03:06:02 AM

"Don't become a Team BUd member. its a waste of money. Ordering from this site they have all these little hidden fees that its just better off going to your local dealer... I was told that I could buy something under their 180 days to pay but when I did the order online it charged me the whole amount. So then I call back not even 10 mins later and the csv person told me because I was canceling the order within mins they would refund me my money the same day well that didn't happen, So I call the next day to speak to a supervisor and he then hangs up on me and when I call back he says I thought you hung up me.. Really is that why you picked up the phone. Then I ask to speak to another mgr and he then gets into a pissing contest with me and all they can tell me is that my money is being delay because of the weather. So I guess snow storms with wire transfer now. Will never order from them again. "

"I had a very good experience with Buds gun store. The vast number of ad reviews I have seen have been from people who did not read the information from the web site. If there is a problem do not accept it from your FFL. It is as simple as that. For problems that could be missed...most local stores have no return policies on firearms. This includes places like AAFES and Walmart. So why would you expect it from a mail order gun store. People make mistakes. I have no particular information on their customer service. The nature of the store, and most gun stores I go to have standoffish personnel that normally are not very customer friendly, especially when told "they made a mistake". Whether that is true or not like I said I have no personal experience. My advice is take the time to read the webpage thoroughly. If the conditions are not to your liking go somewhere else. Honesty I doubt you will get much different treatment. I used an E-check which took 3-4 business days then about 4 days for shipping. To me that's not bad. Things that I feel are worth it...get the mail insurance and keep checking the website for updates. They will appear there before email updates. Again the big thing is do not accept the firearm for the FFL without a thorough inspection. My experience was a positive one."

modified review This review was modified by gatlin69 on February 17 2015 05:19:41 PM

"Worst company I have ever dealt with. Their preferred dealers don't even accept packages. I have gone through 2 of their suggested dealers and neither one of them have taken the package. I requested a refund and now am told that I will be charged 10% for a restocking fee. I could see if I received the gun and didn't want it for some reason but not because of your fault in ffl suggestions. Only thing worse is their horrible payment department. Lost a payment not once but twice.......Trust the reviews"

modified review This review was modified by ramsey6199 on February 12 2015 06:59:32 AM

"This is the worse company I have ever done business with ! Do not buy anything from these people.. You have been told.. "

"I ordered a Henry Big Boy from Bud's to be shipped to 2A Freedom Shooting LLC, near my house. First day UPS tried to deliver it "Business Not Open" in the middle of the day Wednesday. Next time it was open and signed for. I started calling to do the transfer, no response, no answer. Finally on Saturday I called Bud's, they called the FFL and got through. "He is on vacation and will return on Sunday" Monday I started calling and sending e-mail. No response. I called Bud's on Tuesday. I told them to ship it to another FFL or cancel the order. The gun had to go back to Bud's then back to another FFL, who I found out didn't want anything to do with Bud's, so I canceled. The whole time that the FFL was closed for "Vacation out of town", their range has been in use. They are under 1 mile from me as the crow flies. I can hear them. The owner also signed for the gun when supposedly "out of town."
So now I called Bud's and we have the "where's my money conversation?" I can not get my money until the FFL ships the gun back, even though I have never been near the gun nor seen the gun. That was a week ago and the gun still has not been shipped back. Today I go to my credit card and see what action I can take.
DO NOT do anything with Bud's where you can not cover your arse like purchase protection with Master Card or VISA. At first I thought it was a problem with the FFL, but Bud's is just as bad at service.

modified review This review was modified by Grog415 on February 09 2015 05:10:42 AM

"I didn't read the review's either before I placed an order. That being said I probably would not have ordered through them. Well I placed my order on Jan 26 and received my rifle on Feb. 4th. Plenty of e-mails from them telling me the status of my order for a AR-15 A2. I found the experience to be satisfactory in every way and they were the only ones that had the rifle I wanted in stock and the price was the best I could find.
I would have to recommend Buds based on my transaction.

"Alright folks...I didn't read these reviews until after I ordered my M1A. If I had I wouldn't have ordered it but I read and then dreaded what was to come. 5hrs after ordering the price dropped $48.00. My e-check wasn't near clearing so I contacted BGS and they stated that I needed to contact Buy Safe to make the claim. I had to wait until the rifle went to shipping before they would act. In between that time it dropped again another $45.00. Long story short....it was a most excellent transaction. The rifle arrived within a reasonable amount of time and I have received $ for the differences in price. I will definitely use BGS again. I feel for everyone who have encountered the problems they stated. I'd like to think that more than being one of the fortunate customers maybe BGS has listened to everyone and changed the way they've done business in the past. Time will tell. As one review I read stated....I am a regular guy w/no affiliation to BGS, but believe that along with all the negative reviews and we know there's a lot which BGS definitely should pay attention to, when they do an excellent job everyone needs to know that also. Thank you to all you reviewers, you help us all out when you share...good or bad."

modified review This review was modified by Whasho on February 04 2015 05:00:26 PM

"The absolute last time I will ever deal with these guys. Not only will they refuse to ship ammo to NY (I know the damn law, all ammo needs to be shipped to a FFL) but they take FOREVER to ship an order. Oh and by the way Buds, you lost a customer to Lucky Gunner, someone who will gladly take my money. I placed an order on the 28th and had to call today (the 3rd) to figure out why my local FFL has not received the gun or an email with tracking. They are "processing" the order. How long does it take to stick a shipping label on a box? I'll be spending my money elsewhere."

modified review This review was modified by ramsfan6239 on February 03 2015 02:52:09 PM

"Put a Girsan 1911 on layaway through Bud's. Ended up receiving the same gun from my girlfriend for Christmas. Called up Bud's asking to swap either the funds to a new gun, or swap the gun on the order. Was denied both. Was told my only recourse is to either A)pay the order off and thus own two of the same firearm or B) cancel the order and accept a refund of $1.xx. Yes, that's right, one dollar and some change refund on a $400 firearm's deposit. After leaving a truthful review on their Facebook account, a Bud's rep called me up to berate me over the layaway plan, and to further reinforce that they would do nothing for me. They then removed my review from their Facebook. First and last time I ever do business with this crooked shop."

Share Bud's Gun Shop's store rating

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!