• Address: 1105 Industry Road Lexington, KY

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.60/10 0.60/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10

"I have spent $2,500.00 during the 2014 calendar year with Bud's Gun Shop. Until early Dec, everything went well with all my purchases. Then, when in the midst of making another order, when I came to the "confirm order" tab, I decided to sleep on my potential purchase so I did not authorize the order (1153532). Buds sent me emails stating THEY authorized the order, were billing my account and shipping me the order forthwith. I threatened legal action but went ahead and authorized the original order, the following day.

Bud's cancelled 2 other pending orders and 1153532. They refuse to allow me to communicate with them now, although they still owe my account almost $650.00. The latest situation was I telephoned them this morning speaking to "Steve." Steve stated he would check the status of my $650.00 refund and never returned to the call. I awaited his return for 15 minutes, realizing this might be a "business practice" of Bud's Gun Shop in dealing with folks they find difficult .

The total on these 3 orders was $1850.00. I have received refunds on the other 2 so perhaps I will also see the missing refund applied to my account very soon.

When dealing with Bud's Gun Shop, try to set your mind on what you want and what you will do, ahead of accessing their website and actually placing an order.

Apparently this business has no time for customers who just change their minds when in the process of ordering.

After this experience, I just want my refund and promise to never do business with Bud's again, per their "shunning" behavior to a previously excellent customer.

modified review This review was modified by WayneHopewell on December 15 2014 11:27:43 AM

"i ordered a holster and paid for it ..when it did not arrive i called only to find out that ups shipped it back... at buds request due to wrong address (zip code) --- on web site the address is correct and they claim the zip code was wrong and that is why it was returned-- on the site everything is correct -- now in order to recieve the holster i have to pay again shipping-- even after trying to find out why -their answer was "well the zip code was wrong it doesnt matter about the address" duh!!!! i now have to pay again for the holster (shipping) but on my account it shows the correct address and the ZIP code this is not good for sales now i will think about ordering again unless i take pictures of the screens and send them in money is tight for every one even 10.00 is alot when you have to pay it twice ...."

modified review This review was modified by Gummiepig on December 15 2014 08:27:36 AM

"Awful experience with Bud's Gun Shop's website, refunding, communication, and overall improper business activity...

This is regarding an online order with them through their website.

I purchased a specific item via E-check for their "cash discount". They canceled for whatever reason giving very little to no explanation and NO options. They claimed it would take 3-5 business days for funds to show up. I submitted an online complaint against them and finally got a response from them but it had been the most unprofessional exchange I've had with a business.

Dialogue with "Nick" the manager was him saying I had falsely accused them and in addition he offered NO options to resolve the situation.

I can understand orders taking longer than usual.
I can understand issues come up from time to time.
I can understand when there are times things slip through the cracks.

But I cannot understand their lack of customer care. The moment they had a chance to resolve the situation, they had a complete lack of responsibility for their mistakes. It looks like I'm not the only one who went through the trouble of spending our time to submit a complaint. There are far and wide array of negative reviews not only on yelp but on the Better Business Bureau.

If you're reading this review and on the fence of deciding to purchase from them, do yourself a favor and stay away. It's not worth the hassle.

"I ordered 3 Pmags. Simple right? Not with Bud's. They have items like this shipped from a third party distributor. They don't even stock them. Instead of mags I received cantilever rail sections. Called them and was told in total (return, process, re-ship, etc) it would be more than 10 days! I pointed out the error was not mine yet I was being inconvenienced and they had my money. I asked why couldn't they trust me with some of theirs since it was their mistake. Start my correct order immediately and if I don't return the error in 2 weeks, bill me for it. the young lady replied, "That's the way we do it." Thank god I've never spent more than $200 dollars here. And trust me....I never will!!! Also, I wrote a negative review, but that was never published. "

modified review This review was modified by Cool4U on December 05 2014 08:03:27 PM

"There customer service is pathetic. Was told I was sending to many emails by the guy named gurney that deals with trade-ins. Naturally I had never mailed a firearm before, so I had numerous questions about the transaction. I was told via email that I had sent way to many messages for one order and he had other customers to deal with. This is obviously what I deserve for being a Team Buds Member $30.00 a year. I'm just sure he changed his mind about the trade-in price and didnt have the nerve to tell me so just kept giving me the run around til I would get pissed and cancel the order. Lost all respect for a place I have bought numerous items from. They are basically the Wal-mart of online firearms and believe they are doing you a favor when you call. Trust me, spend the extra $50.00 and buy from someone else. This will be my last purchase from a bunch of smartassed pricks."

modified review This review was modified by Shazamg6 on December 02 2014 03:34:35 PM

"buds gun shop ****ing sucks. i was told by 2 reps that the deal for the shotguns would be back on at 8am monday morning and the second rep said it would be postponed to 12pm monday. upon the 3rd call the rep told me they already sold out. i was looking at the website like a crackhead for 3 hrs refreshing every so often to try and get the deal. Of course nothing ever changed. Im going to the mountains next weekend and will be 15 mins from buds gun shop and can honestly say they will never get another view or cent from me. NOT RECOMMENDED, terrible customer service and they got me good. Im so mad........."

modified review This review was modified by lorentzoe45 on December 01 2014 09:29:54 AM

"The world of online sales has hit a new low. The store uses free advertising by placing bogus promotions out to the shopping public then does not honor them. The latest black friday mess takes the cake. They also play the auction game, make and offer game, cash/credit game. Enjoy the holidays."

modified review This review was modified by HappyHolidays2014 on December 01 2014 09:51:30 AM

"I have ordered several guns from Bud's and had good dealings with then in the past however their Black Friday deal was poorly handled at best and outright fraud at it's worst. I stayed up all night and had the same experience as many other user's, namely sight crashing and adding items to cart that when refreshed were shown out of stock. Reports also abounded of Bud's Facebook page deleting negative comments. In light of these issues I will not be using Bud's guns until they make an effort to correct these shortcomings."

modified review This review was modified by Johnnytre425 on November 29 2014 06:15:17 PM

"Bud's Gun Shop is a gun store by idiots, for idiots.

If you enjoy stupidity and incompetence, this is the gun store for you.

modified review This review was modified by hakubiwashu on November 29 2014 01:17:01 PM

"Buds's Gun Shop is a sleezy company known for false advertising on black friday "door buster sales" and horrible customer service. They have routinely sent me the wrong gun before TWICE and employ incompetent individuals. "

modified review This review was modified by HTexan on November 29 2014 12:55:41 AM

"Loss leader ads and bait and switch scammers. Should have read the Better Business Bureau reviews on Bud's Guns before trying to do business with them. "

modified review This review was modified by ShowGunShooter on November 28 2014 11:45:05 PM

"Several problems with Buds Gun shop. THe latest being their black friday scam mentioned in several other posts. While this particular scam was surprising, its consistent with Bud's business motto. On a daily basis, the prices they advertise on their website reflect whats called the cash discount price. You won't actually get the gun for that price unless you use some form of cash payment. Of course, with the cash payment it apparently takes about a week to process the payment. Using a credit card adds 3% tax to the purchase but does process a little faster. This is an unusual practice all around. Another issue with Buds is there ridiculously slow turn around on purchases. Add slow shipping processes to that and you will understand why I no use or recommend Buds anymore."

"I spent over an hour the morning of Black Friday loading and reloading the site while trying to check out with black Friday specials. I actually had both the Canik s-120 and Emperor 12ga shotgun in my cart, after the site had crashed several dozen times, but when I finally got back to my cart and tried to check out the site crashed again. This happened many more times until one time it took me to the next page asking me to select an FFL, and I thought I was finally going to make it. I selected the in-store pickup and when I continued it crashed yet again. When I finally got back in, after at least 5 minutes of getting error pages, one of items was showing out of stock. I tried to continue and purchase the remaining item but the site crashed yet again... several times. Eventually I got back in and the second item was listed at full price. It's absurd that a web based business can't provide a better experience than this.
If I had just been too slow to get the items in my cart and pay then I could totally accept that, but the fact that I couldn't get the deals because their site was continually crashing is completely unacceptable at all levels. To compound it I saw the black friday ad on their facebook page and an hour after the sale started I saw a LOT of very negative comments from frustrated people who had the same experience I did. I was sad to see that later in the day Buds had removed all of those comments from their page as well as the black friday ad itself. That sure looks shady and leads me to believe this isn't a company I want to do business with. I still haven't seen anyone identified that was actually able to purchase one of those items and many people have reported similar problems on black friday of last year. VERY DISAPPOINTING

modified review This review was modified by gotITgood on November 28 2014 08:59:31 PM

"Black Friday 2014 - The site had problems and affected some more than others, but the deletion of Facebook posts even those neutral and constructive show what they think of their customers. I don't care about the doorbusters. I care how I am treated and Buds customer service was a huge disappointment this day.
Customer service should be added to your business plan.

modified review This review was modified by focdevo on November 28 2014 08:24:17 PM

"Updated the price of items while still in customer's carts during "door buster" sale.

Website was down, sale started on time, but "door buster" deals were not added until 20 minutes later. Listed as out of stock. Even with items in cart, they were changed to "sold out" or a higher price during checkout.

Censored comments on facebook, deleted all negative comments, as well as their original advertisement. Disabled wall posts. Left comments open, selectively deleted negative comments to spread a false image.

No apologies, overcharged some customers by switching prices. Denied sales to many others. Had plenty of items in stock at full price after. Crooks. They also charge a "restock fee" for cancelled orders, so people overcharged will have to pay to cancel the order they never intended to make.

Do not deal with these criminals. False advertisement and poor business practices, no respect for customers and no accountability for their mistakes.

Phone lines were not open, when phone lines opened an hour later, they were not answered. Customers were directed to email, while email was broken, leaving no contact. Comments on facebook were again, deleted. Pretended nothing happened.

modified review This review was modified by justinuk1 on November 28 2014 07:22:09 PM

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!