• BudK

Product & services pricing Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10

"I purchased some swords from budk thatnwere advertized as full tang. Turns out they were not. When I tried to return them I waited over two weeks forna shipping label that they claim they sent to mybemail multiple times. The events that followed lead me to believe that their incompetence very much could cause them to not be able to copy an email address. I received the label by mail after almost 3 weeks. I sent the items back ith the form they give you where you list what you want in exchange if you dont want a refund. I listed what I wanted including item numbers, descriptions and price. Instead of looking at the form they refunded my money. But only half. We are heading towards three months now and I am still fighting with them to get the rest of my refund. If it werent for budk employing a bunch of morons they could havenjust shipped the items I wanted and been done with it. Apparently literacy is not a job requirement at budk. Do not order from these clowns. There are better cheaper places to get the same items. Like wildbillwholsale.com. and their customern ervice actually knows what customernservice is."

"VERY unhappy with the customer service! Ordered a knife for my son. When the much anticipated delivery arrived, we found not the knife we ordered, but a Civil War replica HAT!!! The packing slip shows the tanto blade knife we ordered, so clearly it was 100% their mistake, yet when I called, I was told we would have to wait for them to send us a return label for the hat, then fill out a form requesting an EXCHANGE for the "item we wanted"!!! After much discussion, the best I got was "we will process the order in 48 hours and you should receive it in 7-10 business days!! The entire thing is THEIR FAULT, yet I received not even the slighest apology from them! She acted like SHE was doing ME a favor, as if I ordered it wrong! Any respectable company would have, in addition to a sincere apology, shipped out the correct item IMMEADIATELY, with rush shipping, not the slowest possible shipping! We have been BudK customers for YEARS, but after this experince, NO MORE! Never again will I deal with this company! Buyer beware. Worst customer service I have ever experienced!"

modified review This review was modified by kacilek on March 20 2015 04:09:23 PM

"Good Shit, I ordered 3 things and am very happy"

modified review This review was modified by lovejr17 on February 16 2015 06:53:11 AM

"I got the Bear MGC USA butterfly knife from BudK.com and on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 10! I was looking for problems and can not find any, the blade is sturdy, sharp, and the handles have a good sturdy feel and grip and the lock at the bottom works great! I would recommend this knife to my friends!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Jeff504 on January 08 2015 10:05:56 PM

"I ordered a 'Ink Pen Knife Black Serrated Blade' for my brother for Christmas. When I received the shipment the invoice and a magazine were enclosed but the item (pen knife) was missing. After calling them and telling them about the problem they resent the exact same item without any additional shipping charges. The only thing I would have like them to have done was send me updates of the shipping status of the item I purchased. Even with them having to re-ship the item I still got it on time for Christmas Day"

modified review This review was modified by MJS1989 on December 31 2014 11:08:23 PM

"This company is professional, trustworthy and responsive. After a near disaster dealing with a competitor, BudK stepped in and saved the day. Great products, products and people. I'll never risk buying elsewhere again. BudK is my dealer for life! "

"I HAVE BEEN A BUDK CUSTOMER FOR ABOUT 10+ YEARS IVE HAD MY SHARE OF CRAPPY STUFF FOR A LOW PRICE BUT AFTER ORDERING A SAW BACK MACHETE AND IT BREAKING THE FIRST TIME I USED IT I TRIED TO GET IT REPLACED THE LADY WAS VERRY RUDE SO I COMPLAINED TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER THEN SHE KEPT EMAILING ME ABOUT GOING TO THE MANUFACTURER DIRECT THEN I WOULD HAVE TO SHIP IT BACK AND PAY, ..AFTER FIVE OR MORE NONSENSE EMAILS I WAS SOO FED UP WITH THERE LIES ABOUT 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.....I JUST WANTED THEM TO SEND A NEW ONE NOT HAVE TO PAY TO SHIP IT BACK AND KEEP PLAYING EMAIL TAG, THEY NEVER TOOK CARE OF ME... I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.....ITS SAD WHEN YOU HAVE BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE OVER SEAS THEN A STORE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY THEY CLAIM TO BE GOOD OLD RED BLOODED AMERICANS SO WHAT HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE?????"

"What a ripoff!
Placed items into a shopping cart at BudK.com. Entered a coupon code into their website. The website accepted the code and applied the discount. Received email confirmation of the order with the discount applied. Credit card was charged the full non-discounted amount.

Called and emailed them trying to have them correct the issue but they refused to honor their discount. I filed a complaint with my credit card issuer and they were able to get a refund from BudK.

Now BudK refuses to sell anything to me because they say my account shows a charge back.

All efforts to resolve this has lead to nill.

Also filed a complaint against them with the BBB. This complaint remains unresolved also.

modified review This review was modified by ybp9003 on April 22 2014 02:47:07 PM

"BUDK has the best prices and fastest shipping on the net for knives, swords and other great gear. I've ordered many times and will order many more."

modified review This review was modified by dondilion on January 14 2014 06:17:13 PM

"Best prices on anything weapon like thats not a gun crossbows knives swords and everything in between no id verification required either shipping is on time and ordering is simple. And seriously the LOWEST PRICES."

"A awful supplier. They only sent part of my order then told me they were out of most of it and that I would get a refund. I asked for like items and they could not do it.

Why would you not inform me that you were out and ship the items that go with what I did need?? Why bother charging me shipping for the accessories that I don't even have the item for now???

What a waste. I won't be buying from them again.

"My wife ordered a Christmas gift from Budk, It never arrived, she reported that it never arrived, they said they would get back to her, now 3 months later I find out that UPS denied the claim, Budk rep couldnt tell me why all they could do was resubmit the claim. I will never purchase from them again."

"I love BudK. I've purchased quite a few things from them and it's always the same fast shipping, and great quality for the price. It's amazing how much they can do with literally DOLLARS. For affordable and high grade material, I wouldn't go anywhere else."

"I've bought thousands and thousands of dollars worth of items from BudK over the years, mostly for resale but many for personal use. They always ship within 2 business days and provide an order confirmation plus a shipping confirmation with tracking info. When they updated their website and I wasn't able to log into my account, customer service was very helpful in restoring access. I highly recommend them."

Share BudK's store rating

BudK is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BudK is not a merchant member
BudK does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!