"Just wanted any future Brylane Home clients to read this. I spoke with your customer service department today about they partial refund. Obviously I am being charge a 16.00 charge on a 45.00 purchase for shipping and handling. I have no curtains to show for It and am now out an additional amount of money. I will not do business with Brylane Homes again and will write a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. While I understand that I was very upset with customer service, their response was to return their response in a condescending approach and basically told me not in these words "too bad". What a way to do business. I wish you good luck in the future. I feel very bad for future customers because if you have to return an item--you will be out the item and in addition, you will be adding to Brylane Homes yearly Revenue. "

"BUYER BEWARE - I wish I had read the reviews before I purchased from them!

Everyone is right, they are SHADY. I used a coupon code with my purchase which said nothing about having to use their credit card for the purchase, and the total reflected correctly. It was only after I hit the submit button and they had charged my card that the correct total showed.

Then, I immediately called them to let them know of the mistake, they said it wasn't a mistake because I had to use my credit card to get the code, but I had used a visa. Then, I asked them to cancel the oder but they said they couldn't. How can they not cancel the order within minutes of me placing it.

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD

modified review This review was modified by SweetBee on November 09 2013 04:18:56 AM

"Stay away from this den of thieves. No, I am not being overly dramatic.
My wife ordered a big/tall rated, adjustable height office chair. Very nice looking, professional quality (appearance) from their website.

It arrived in a shambles. The chair had apparently been returned from someone else. The top third of the box was packing tape. No box at all. ALL TAPE. What I believe happened was someone else returned this and they just re-shipped it to us. We opened it and put it together and it tilted to the right and back quite severely. After examining it, the chair mount bracket was cracked completely through the welds down the entire side. We called brylanes service number, which was a English as a second or third language country then spending 2 hours on hold waiting for various people to speak with and explain the problem, we finally got someone with enough English language skills to understand the chair came to us broken and I wanted a replacement bracket. The woman said we had to ship the entire chair back in its original packaging. I explained the problem with the box and essentially she didn't care. That was our only option return it in the original box or keep the chair.

"I HAD RATED :BRYLANE HOME", BASED ON A COMPLAINT I HAD, REGARDING NOT RECEIVING A COUPLE OF REQUESTED PARTS. EVEN THOUGH LATE, JUST GOT THEM.

WISH THIS DID NOT TAKE SO LONG TO ARRIVE. AND MUCH EASIER TO GET TO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

modified review This review was modified by ASALINASsr on November 02 2012 03:45:05 PM

"I ordered a 40 liter trash can, and in about a week, a buffet food service dish showed up at my door. I called in, and I was told I could either GET CHARGED AGAIN for the item I already paid for, ship the item they mistakenly sent me back, while they would send me the correct item, OR ship the wrong item back, then when they received it, at that time they would ship the CORRECT item to me. Terrible. NOW I have to CALL UPS to come pick up something I DIDN'T ORDER in order to get my money back. Terrible. And these options came from the customer care dept."

"Never buy anything from this vendor - that is too big or difficult to ship back if it fails on you. Bought an office chair I thought would standup to daily use. The Hyraulics for the chair failed in less than a year. Big pain - can not repair - only opption return. Way too expensive and difficult to do. The box long gone where to find one big enough. Chair was of poor quality from start to finsh - very little padding in seat - and then the failure of the hydraulics which could not be replace with a part because once together the bottom assembly would not come appart to replace the hydraulic cylander - Put it on the crub as trash not a year old;"

modified review This review was modified by VirginaBusinessOwner on August 27 2012 07:45:12 PM

"Email sent by me: I'm going to tell you about my night last night. After being sick I was finally ready to swap out my curtains with the ones I ordered from Brylane Homes (double rod, two blackout panels, two sheers, two pullbacks matching the rods). I opened the curtain packages; which I hadn't opened before so they wouldn't get stained and put them in the wash; I did so on a gentle cycle though the package says regular is fine. Then I took down my old curtain rod and my old blinds. I proceeded to open the box with the rod and to my dismay it only contained a single rod. Now remember, this is nighttime and this is my bedroom window! I quickly went to Home Depot and bought a single to double rod conversion kit that cost approximately $60. Then I came home and my husband put it up. Putting it up was a nightmare that lasted over an hour! Then I hung up the wet sheers and the wet blackout curtains as their packages didn't mention drying. That's when I noticed that both of the blackout curtains had holes in the backing. I had to hang them though as our bedroom is on the ground floor and there is a public sidewalk in front of it. To rectify this: 1. Please send me a refund for the rod since I ordered a double and then had to buy another one at a similar price to make the Brylane one work. 2. Please send blackout curtain replacements. I cannot send the old ones to you until I get replacements. The old ones are garbage anyway as they are strewn with holes, meaning you may not want to spend money for return shipping.

Email Response: Dear JM,,
My name is AA. I will be helping you with your issue today. Thank you for your email. On the back of the packing slip invoice there is an ARS UPS return label, which can be used to return the items in question. Please take your package to a local UPS drop off. You will not be charged with a return fee, we have noted on your file the return postage will be paid by us, also if you need it to be exchanged there is also an exchange form in side so the item could be replaced for you. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Action taken by me: Pack up the rod, pullbacks, and blackout panels back in the box. Go to Ross and buy a pair of blackout curtains and a single rod (as I already had to buy the conversion kit) for a third of the price that Brylane sold them. Wait 10 days for a return label (they have to mail... no email). Expect them to mess up that order.

I should have just gone to Ross in the first place.

modified review This review was modified by MrsFrob on July 16 2012 03:04:10 PM

"I was stupid in not checking the reviews ahead of time, PAY HEED.

I only wanted a shoe stretcher for a pair of shoes I wanted terribly to wear to an important event. Nine dollars for the stretcher, but I needed it fast so I paid twenty on overnight shipping.

The order is STILL processing, the event is in two days and the package wont process for another few days. I called to cancel the order (since it was still processing and they haven't even charged my card yet) to be told that there was nothing that could be done until I returned the item. Even then, I can't know until after I return it if I only get the nine dollars back or if all of the money I wasted on 'fast' shipping will be repayed as well.

I seriously doubt it.

Note to company; if I waste a shit ton of money on overnight shipping, make it overnight. I'm livid. The only reason I give them two stars in costumer service is that the woman I called was sympathetic... As if she knew her company totally scammed me and she felt bad that there was nothing she could do.

"Ordered a lounger from them. Good price, fast shipping, but after 1 summer, the lounger pretty much burnt up in the sun. Their only offer is to have me ship it back for store credit (shipping would cost at least half the price of the product). I decided I'd just leave a bad review of the lounger on their site, but as other people here have noted, they wont post negative reviews on their site. "

"CONSUMER BEWARE!!! THEY CENSOR THEIR REVIEWS!!!"

"I ordered a Sharper Image backpack on August 12, 2011. I was told it was back-ordered until August 25th. It is now September 9th. I called Brylane Home customer service twice in the past week and all they can say is "It is expected any day". They do not update the order status on their website. It just says "Processed for shipment". In one area it says "Shipped 8/15", in another area it says "Carrier: Not yet shipped".
It looks like they are totally disorganized. I am definitely not buying anything from them again.

"RIP OFF- I ordered several items and recvceived (with shipping added even though there was a free shipping code) two replacement pads for a scrub brush. The scrub brush was back ordered twice totaling over 4.5 months. I cancelled the order and was stick with the two replacement brushes for which I paid shipping and would have to pay return shipping. The emails were never responded to and it took a half hour and three calls to get a body to spek with and all they could say was sorry. Avoid this bogus shopping site. There is no one responsible for anything. "

"B E W A R E!!! As soon as you agree to use Brylane's coupon, they sell your information to credit card companies without approval. I received a letter stating that I was pre-approved for their credit card and if I didn't want to continue to receive offers for credit cards, I would have to call 1-888-567-8688. Annoyed, I called and got an automated voice. When I selected to discontinue the mailings, they had the nerve to ask for my Social Security number and date of birth! For what reason? I wouldn't give it and I couldn't talk to a real person, so I don't know if I'm off the mailing list. The voice also said that while I would be off their particular list, they had given my information to other credit companies. This should be illegal. The irony is that I didn't even buy anything from them. I canceled the online order because they took too long to ship the item."

" I ordered 90 -piece Storage set
Customer service :I paid 6$ for shipping.
Immediately after placing order i realized there is a slight mistake with my APT number.So I emailed customer service .Next day morning I called them ,they told me they corrected and i will receive my package.But they did not correct it and i did not receive it .I called UPS-called Berlin CS-again UPS -Again Brylane....Finally after wasting around 2 hrs on phone I traveled 10 miles to pickup this package from UPS.

90-PC but more than 30 are so small we can not use them for anything!!
quality- is not so good Very Cheap look
shipping:some of them are damaged.. broken

Total waste of time money!!

modified review This review was modified by aranya on January 25 2011 09:12:09 AM

"This company has several catalogs which I have ordered from for over a dozen years, some of the merchandise is not up to my standards and my reviews reflect that, But I have never had a problem with customer service, and I have gotten from various catalogs some amazing deals, sometimes on name brands, sometimes up to 60 0r 70% off and I order all the time. I just watch closely and pay attention to the brands but for the most part I am satisfied. They have good promos and deferred payments also, I got an Aubusson wool rug regular priced at $149 for $28!!! I really thought it would be out of stock but I got it and it is beautiful!!! Do not be afraid to order from them just watch and remember if it is too good to sound true beware on any online shopping site.

Brylane Home is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Brylane Home is not a merchant member
Brylane Home does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!