• Brylane Home

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"This is the worst company I've dealt with in quite some time. They have my credit card information from an order I purchased months ago and they have fraudulently charged me for an additional item. I have spoken to 3 different customer service reps and they have been condescending and argumentative. I'm really disturbed and would advise cancelling your card and getting a new one if you've ordered from this company before. "

This review was modified by HollyGW on September 25 2015 11:24:59 AM

"Ordered a gazebo on Thursday August 6th and it is now Friday August 14th, never heard anything, so I thought I would call them and see what the status of the order is, they advise that something was wrong with the billing and they "do not bother to contact if the billing is wrong." I quickly advised to cancel the order as I am not buying from a business that does business that old school to not courtesy contact. "

"Brylane Home is Scam website don't even try to make an online order in this website they sent you a damage item and if you return it their not gonna refund the full amount it' s a Scam website ... Scam website..."

This review was modified by okane777 on July 22 2015 04:16:53 PM

"IF you want junk, this takes the cake !!"

This review was modified by Ando63 on June 05 2015 12:15:50 PM

"Brylane Home is the BEST store to shop for any of your home needs! I recently redecorated my home office and was able to find everything I needed at the store online! My orders made it to me very quickly and now I cannot wait to start my next home redecorating project!! I would recommend this website to anyone who needs anything for their home!"

"I ordered some bathroom towels over a month ago. I received an email a couple of days later saying they were on back order, with question marks in the "date expected to ship" column. I contacted customer support a week ago, and he told me "we were supposed to get those in TODAY, but didn't." Oo-k.

I contacted them again today. I had to pry information out of her, and finally specifically asked her to check to see if the container had even arrived from China. After much prodding, was told "we got 2 colors in." I checked them out, and they are just too bright for me. I had to ask how long I should wait before contacting them again (not even "when will I get them"). They can't tell me anything. I don't even know if the quality of these towels is worth the wait.

This review was modified by RenoRedhead on March 25 2015 03:35:49 PM

"Just wanted any future Brylane Home clients to read this. I spoke with your customer service department today about they partial refund. Obviously I am being charge a 16.00 charge on a 45.00 purchase for shipping and handling. I have no curtains to show for It and am now out an additional amount of money. I will not do business with Brylane Homes again and will write a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. While I understand that I was very upset with customer service, their response was to return their response in a condescending approach and basically told me not in these words "too bad". What a way to do business. I wish you good luck in the future. I feel very bad for future customers because if you have to return an item--you will be out the item and in addition, you will be adding to Brylane Homes yearly Revenue. "

"BUYER BEWARE - I wish I had read the reviews before I purchased from them!

Everyone is right, they are SHADY. I used a coupon code with my purchase which said nothing about having to use their credit card for the purchase, and the total reflected correctly. It was only after I hit the submit button and they had charged my card that the correct total showed.

Then, I immediately called them to let them know of the mistake, they said it wasn't a mistake because I had to use my credit card to get the code, but I had used a visa. Then, I asked them to cancel the oder but they said they couldn't. How can they not cancel the order within minutes of me placing it.

This review was modified by SweetBee on November 09 2013 04:18:56 AM

"Stay away from this den of thieves. No, I am not being overly dramatic.
My wife ordered a big/tall rated, adjustable height office chair. Very nice looking, professional quality (appearance) from their website.

It arrived in a shambles. The chair had apparently been returned from someone else. The top third of the box was packing tape. No box at all. ALL TAPE. What I believe happened was someone else returned this and they just re-shipped it to us. We opened it and put it together and it tilted to the right and back quite severely. After examining it, the chair mount bracket was cracked completely through the welds down the entire side. We called brylanes service number, which was a English as a second or third language country then spending 2 hours on hold waiting for various people to speak with and explain the problem, we finally got someone with enough English language skills to understand the chair came to us broken and I wanted a replacement bracket. The woman said we had to ship the entire chair back in its original packaging. I explained the problem with the box and essentially she didn't care. That was our only option return it in the original box or keep the chair.

This review was modified by ASALINASsr on November 02 2012 03:45:05 PM

"I ordered a 40 liter trash can, and in about a week, a buffet food service dish showed up at my door. I called in, and I was told I could either GET CHARGED AGAIN for the item I already paid for, ship the item they mistakenly sent me back, while they would send me the correct item, OR ship the wrong item back, then when they received it, at that time they would ship the CORRECT item to me. Terrible. NOW I have to CALL UPS to come pick up something I DIDN'T ORDER in order to get my money back. Terrible. And these options came from the customer care dept."

"Never buy anything from this vendor - that is too big or difficult to ship back if it fails on you. Bought an office chair I thought would standup to daily use. The Hyraulics for the chair failed in less than a year. Big pain - can not repair - only opption return. Way too expensive and difficult to do. The box long gone where to find one big enough. Chair was of poor quality from start to finsh - very little padding in seat - and then the failure of the hydraulics which could not be replace with a part because once together the bottom assembly would not come appart to replace the hydraulic cylander - Put it on the crub as trash not a year old;"

This review was modified by VirginaBusinessOwner on August 27 2012 07:45:12 PM

"Email sent by me: I'm going to tell you about my night last night. After being sick I was finally ready to swap out my curtains with the ones I ordered from Brylane Homes (double rod, two blackout panels, two sheers, two pullbacks matching the rods). I opened the curtain packages; which I hadn't opened before so they wouldn't get stained and put them in the wash; I did so on a gentle cycle though the package says regular is fine. Then I took down my old curtain rod and my old blinds. I proceeded to open the box with the rod and to my dismay it only contained a single rod. Now remember, this is nighttime and this is my bedroom window! I quickly went to Home Depot and bought a single to double rod conversion kit that cost approximately $60. Then I came home and my husband put it up. Putting it up was a nightmare that lasted over an hour! Then I hung up the wet sheers and the wet blackout curtains as their packages didn't mention drying. That's when I noticed that both of the blackout curtains had holes in the backing. I had to hang them though as our bedroom is on the ground floor and there is a public sidewalk in front of it. To rectify this: 1. Please send me a refund for the rod since I ordered a double and then had to buy another one at a similar price to make the Brylane one work. 2. Please send blackout curtain replacements. I cannot send the old ones to you until I get replacements. The old ones are garbage anyway as they are strewn with holes, meaning you may not want to spend money for return shipping.

Email Response: Dear JM,,
My name is AA. I will be helping you with your issue today. Thank you for your email. On the back of the packing slip invoice there is an ARS UPS return label, which can be used to return the items in question. Please take your package to a local UPS drop off. You will not be charged with a return fee, we have noted on your file the return postage will be paid by us, also if you need it to be exchanged there is also an exchange form in side so the item could be replaced for you. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Action taken by me: Pack up the rod, pullbacks, and blackout panels back in the box. Go to Ross and buy a pair of blackout curtains and a single rod (as I already had to buy the conversion kit) for a third of the price that Brylane sold them. Wait 10 days for a return label (they have to mail... no email). Expect them to mess up that order.

I should have just gone to Ross in the first place.

This review was modified by MrsFrob on July 16 2012 03:04:10 PM

"I was stupid in not checking the reviews ahead of time, PAY HEED.

I only wanted a shoe stretcher for a pair of shoes I wanted terribly to wear to an important event. Nine dollars for the stretcher, but I needed it fast so I paid twenty on overnight shipping.

The order is STILL processing, the event is in two days and the package wont process for another few days. I called to cancel the order (since it was still processing and they haven't even charged my card yet) to be told that there was nothing that could be done until I returned the item. Even then, I can't know until after I return it if I only get the nine dollars back or if all of the money I wasted on 'fast' shipping will be repayed as well.

I seriously doubt it.

Note to company; if I waste a shit ton of money on overnight shipping, make it overnight. I'm livid. The only reason I give them two stars in costumer service is that the woman I called was sympathetic... As if she knew her company totally scammed me and she felt bad that there was nothing she could do.

"Ordered a lounger from them. Good price, fast shipping, but after 1 summer, the lounger pretty much burnt up in the sun. Their only offer is to have me ship it back for store credit (shipping would cost at least half the price of the product). I decided I'd just leave a bad review of the lounger on their site, but as other people here have noted, they wont post negative reviews on their site. "

Share Brylane Home's store rating

Brylane Home is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Brylane Home is not a merchant member
Brylane Home does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!