"I want to first start off by saying Brownells is not a 2nd admendment friendly store. They only care about themselves, and will not stand up for the 2a, and our rights. I am a law enforcement officer from the state of CT, and as you know there was a set of laws passed restricting the further purchase of large capacity magazines. The exception is that law enforcement personal may still possess purchase and import these magazines for duty, as well as off duty use. I notified Brownells of this and sent over my credentials which were verified and confirmed to be accurate. However they would not shipment to my personal residence. My department does not accept personal packages, and these magazines are for my personal protection. As I am a target for some individuals due to my line of work, these extra rounds the magazines accept could safe my life one day. Brownells does not care about this, and even though the law states I can have them shipped to my residence I was still denied. I ask that all my brothers and sisters in law enforcement no longer give this company your business as they showed complete disregard for my safety. I have since found other companies willing to ship to my residence, because it is LEGAL. Brownells is now on my boycott list as well as every other officer in my department."

modified review This review was modified by Metz on August 30 2013 12:29:50 PM

"On January 17th, 2013, I ordered 2 clips for a 9mm Ruger. On March 20th, I received an e-mail that my order had been cancelled.

I phoned customer service who stated they had sent me an e-mail in February to advise me that the clips were in stock. I checked my in box and trash both dating back 12 months. THERE WAS NO E-MAIL.

Furthermore, they sent me a canned message which states "orders are not cancelled unless requested by the customer," YET, I received an e-mail stating they cancelled my order. The clips are again out-of-stock and I can't even place a back order to be put on the list when they do finally come in.

"Brownells is a great online resource for your gunsmithing needs. Fast service and excellent customer support."

"Ordered and in-stock item early AM and around 5 PM they e-mail me and had back-ordered the item.

So I go on-line and order another in-stock item.

Guess what...

They back order this item too...

I won't waste my time a third time...

:-(

"Ordered two items from Brownells, one of them was shipped fairly quickly, the other item was for a product being released on Nov 1st by the manufacturer. (Magpul PMag Gen 3)

Magpul shipped these out to the merchants for sale on Nov 1.

Brownell completely oversold them and a week later I called Brownell to cancel the order. They told me they would ship the item in Late January 2013.

I opted to cancel, would have been nice for Brownell to mention it could be 2 months before they could ship it. A simple e-mail would have been nice since they knew the ETA of product being sent to them would be late January.

Granted they cannot control the manufactures timetables, but I will not buy from them in the future. They could simply write on the items page it would be available in January that would have sufficed.

"They remove Reviews without notice and if they get asked, they telling Fairytales about it.

Did not face the Truth and telling you, that you use it it uncorrct..

And shipping costs? - They telling the Shipping costs after they send the Item - and put it from your CC - so it is often and usual, that you pay 11 bucks and more for a little Piece like a spring or 4 tiny pins...

"Very fast shipment, great parts diagrams online, will be back again!"

"Fast shipping.
Packaged well.
Order came as described.
Great "no questions asked" return policy, but haven't tried it yet.
Great website layout, easy to find anything.
HUGE SELECTION of products.
Highly recommended store.

" I have been buying from brownells for about 20 years now, I have called there customer service, Called for technical support, I have returned items. I am a comppetitive shooter and firearms instructor I have referred dozens of people to Brownells with no negative feed back. I can not complement Brownells enough for their quality of service and would highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks Again Brownells Steve... "

"Having ordered multiple items on multiple occasions, Brownells has great service, good prices and a really good return policy. "

"The worst customer service I've ever dealt with.
Emailed them a question about their product and never received the info I was requesting. The support guy I was communicating was totally clueless.

"This is my first of 3 orders. The second was rolled into the first and i received the whole order at once. Great customer service in explaining a back ordered item that was shipped. You can't get all the stuff for an AR build in one place except here"

"I have found some good prices on their site, others have been dramatically higher than other sites. Their shipping is usually fast but sometimes can take a few days longer than other companies. They do usually ship the same day or next business day. I have been happy with their services, just be careful of the odd product that is too costly with them."

"Brownells is a huge company. They have competitive pricing. Sometimes shipping is not the fastest but it is acceptable."

"I have ordered from Brownells several times and in each instance the items were exactly as expected and shipped more promptly than expected.

Well known as one of the best suppliers of gun parts and related items, my experience has been consistently great.

Just ordered again and will continue to go to Brownells first.

Brownells.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Brownells.com is not a merchant member
Brownells.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!