Stores > Brownells.com

• Brownells.com

• option not available Customer Notification For Publicly Replies

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-03-07

Not a company to do business with

"Placed two ammo orders in November 2014. Nine months later they canceled one order! A year and three moths later they canceled the other order! Why take the order then cancel the order? I had ammo on backorder from Sportmans Guide for years and they deliver the ammo not cancel orders.

I don't need to do business with a company like that you shouldn't either.

This review was modified by ladybugss on March 07 2016 08:27:28 AM

2015-12-29

"Brownells blows... terrible customer service. Terrible return process.
Piss poor communication.
Ordered a mesa tactical stock for my mossberg 930 on black Friday (it was on sale), took a week to get it because they aren't open to process orders over the weekend. Got home after work that friday, opened it to find damaged goods. Okay that stuff happens. Proceeded to call the company but it was after 5 pm so they were closed until monday. Sent them two different e mails hoping they would be able to process my return over the weekend, but nothing. Tried their live chat option... they couldn't do anything until monday. Monday rolls around and I get two different e mail responses, one stating return the item as cheap as possible and be refunded the cost of shipping (yeah right, no thanks) the other sent me a return shipping label (thanks!). So I return the item that Monday or Tuesday and according to the tracking number the package was delivered that same week on thrusday. I called to make sure they recieved it and they had no clue. They just told me it takes TWO WEEKS to process returns. Amazon will send a new product with free two day shipping as soon as they see the package has been sent back to them (just for comparison on customer service). So I wait and wait. 12/21/15 I recieved an email with a pdf file that had something to do with my order, I'm assuming they began to process my return? But there were no tracking numbers nothing else telling me they had sent a new one. Meanwhile, for the next week, I wait with false hopes of receiving my gun stock. 12/29/15 I send a reply email to the pdf file they sent. "It's been over a month and still no product. When or will I ever get my gun stock?" They replay later that day: "we're sorry they are on back order. We expect to have them in stock mid January." They never said they were on back order now nor from the beginning did they say we'll just refund your money and order a new one that will be quicker (and they still woild have had them in stock). I ended up paying full price from mesa tactical who has them in stock.

This review was modified by Brownellsucks on December 29 2015 11:57:09 AM

2015-11-30

"Extremely poor customer service. After all the money we spend, I would atleast expect a tiny bit of courtesy. I was placed on hold for like 15 minutes then referred to another person, then once again placed on hold for this time for like twenty minutes before being answered, then place on hold again to be referred to some one else. I just hung-up. It's ridiculous. "

2015-10-13

"Customer service was horrible. they sent me the wrong ammunition, the told me it was my fault and would not send me the ammo I ordered. Gina fro customer service was rude and support was nonexistent. Go somewhere else."

2015-10-01

"Brownells service people are very dishonest. They doubled the shipping amount of the email invoice when I finished the order by phone and told me a backordered item would need my approval to ship when it became available but it shipped anyway. I will never buy another thing from Brownells and advise everyone to avoid them."

2015-07-14

"I have ordered from Brownells many times. Never had a problem. Good company."

2015-04-13

"Piss poor on delivery any more. Paid for "standard" shipping and never got the item. Eventually got that worked out after 11 phone calls and 2 weeks. What an insult. Paid for FedEx ground ("upgraded" shipping, soak you for $15.95 for a 28 ounce item) last week and still hasn't even been shipped. They did send me tracking info. But they haven't given it to FedEx yet. Anymore.... Brownells sucks."

2014-11-25

"What's going with Brownell? Delivery issues, out of stock issues, no refunds being giving. I went to Du-Lite Corporation and got my chemicals shipped out the same day. Would love to know whats happening with Brownells though. I wonder if they are going out of business."

This review was modified by Tweedie14K on November 25 2014 06:14:34 AM

2014-11-24

"I ordered an upper receiver, BCG, and charging handle, and it arrived just fine. I then place another identical order, and I realized about a week later when I checked my account on their site that they cancelled the order without notifying me. I sent an email to ask why they cancelled it. They responded, they cancelled my order, when I asked why they cancelled It. So, they said it was cancelled because it was cancelled.

I now have an item that was backordered a month ago, that has been showing instock on their site for a month. I am still waiting on a response from an email I sent them last week.

Pretty rough...

2014-10-29

"Placed an order on oct 13. Waited a week with no email on tracking. Contacted emailed Brownells about my order, said it would ship on 20th. Called 21st, said shipping today. Called 23, said wont ship till 27. Called again on 29th was told another week. Got tired of them making me feel like ohh well. Did only thing i could do. Cancelled my order and told them to refund my money. Who knows how long that will take. Site still says in stock ready to ship but it bull. Will never place another order with them. Customer service just lies, lies, lies."

This review was modified by Chris1971 on October 29 2014 08:34:17 AM

2014-09-09

"Decent prices speedy delivery.
satisfied with their service so far, will order again.

2014-09-02

"Poor service.
I keep calling about an item I returned to them and they keep telling me they haven’t received any returns matching my invoice. that’s funny because I tracked the order and they had received it in 3 business days.
I will call them a third time to inquire about my return and refund, if I get screwed around again, I will contact my CC Company to put through a charge-back. If they decide to refund me on their own, then this review will gain a few more stars.

Very dissatisfied with their service so far,

2013-08-30

"I want to first start off by saying Brownells is not a 2nd admendment friendly store. They only care about themselves, and will not stand up for the 2a, and our rights. I am a law enforcement officer from the state of CT, and as you know there was a set of laws passed restricting the further purchase of large capacity magazines. The exception is that law enforcement personal may still possess purchase and import these magazines for duty, as well as off duty use. I notified Brownells of this and sent over my credentials which were verified and confirmed to be accurate. However they would not shipment to my personal residence. My department does not accept personal packages, and these magazines are for my personal protection. As I am a target for some individuals due to my line of work, these extra rounds the magazines accept could safe my life one day. Brownells does not care about this, and even though the law states I can have them shipped to my residence I was still denied. I ask that all my brothers and sisters in law enforcement no longer give this company your business as they showed complete disregard for my safety. I have since found other companies willing to ship to my residence, because it is LEGAL. Brownells is now on my boycott list as well as every other officer in my department."

This review was modified by Metz on August 30 2013 12:29:50 PM

2013-03-20

"On January 17th, 2013, I ordered 2 clips for a 9mm Ruger. On March 20th, I received an e-mail that my order had been cancelled.

I phoned customer service who stated they had sent me an e-mail in February to advise me that the clips were in stock. I checked my in box and trash both dating back 12 months. THERE WAS NO E-MAIL.

Furthermore, they sent me a canned message which states "orders are not cancelled unless requested by the customer," YET, I received an e-mail stating they cancelled my order. The clips are again out-of-stock and I can't even place a back order to be put on the list when they do finally come in.

2013-01-28

"Brownells is a great online resource for your gunsmithing needs. Fast service and excellent customer support."

Share Brownells.com's store rating

Brownells.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Brownells.com is not a merchant member
Brownells.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!