Stores > Brookstone

• Brookstone

Product & services pricing Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

2016-04-15

Zero Stars Most Represents This Company's Customer Service, Return Policy and Integrity

"Sent wrong product. After 11 days of calls and emails they finally tell me the best they can do is that I have to go ten miles to another town to return it by UPS. They can't possibly send UPS pick up to my home, nor were they capable of generating a new order for the correct product until 11 days after the first one arrived. When pressed about what they might do to offset their mistake they thought I"d appreciate a $10 gift card to Brookstone. I said, sorry, I'll never be buying anything from you again, at least refund $10 to my credit card to make up for me having to take an hour out of work going to UPS. Should have read online reviews which all say they are incompetent this experience is common. "

This review was modified by Allnamestaken on April 15 2016 09:01:12 PM

2016-03-17

at least they wrote on the Box that the Item I bought was broken garbage

"I bought a BB8 as a birthday gift for my husband. it came, I had to pay a whole lot of tax to the UPS guy. unfortunately, I didn´t check the box BEFORE i paid. the bb8 was USED, cable was missing and on the box was written "unable to control or use". very nice. now they finally refunded me, but "of course" only the price of the BB8 i paid. although one of the customer ladies promised me to refund also the tax. I have it in writing. but that was just a lie. the TAX, € 46.- is the price for my own stupidity in buying at this terrible store BEFORE reading all the very bad reviews. don´t buy there. "

This review was modified by vwxyz12345 on March 18 2016 02:23:39 AM

2016-03-07

Boca wrangling

"Went to Brookstone store at Boca Raton TownCenter Mall to exchange a defective massager. I was treated by the manager as if I was a criminal. The unit was defective but I was questioned with a "what are you trying to pull" attitude. Horrible customer service. I doubt I'll ever purchase another item from Brookstone. "

This review was modified by Mikea425 on March 07 2016 05:15:56 PM

2016-02-10

Billing services, Customer complaint resolve

"I tried to make a very large purchase online in December 2015 for 2 Christmas presents. After making my order I tried to pay with my Credit card, for some reason it kept kicking it back. Like a fool I kept trying, only to discover that each time my card was actually being charged for each attempt. After noticing I immediately got the customer service on the phone to get the transactions reversed, at which time my account had become severely over drawn, by about 800. dollars. The rep, was helpful in getting my money returned, and in turn took my order, upgraded my shipping, which didn't matter as I got it no sooner than it was going to be. I got an email receipt when my order was supposedly shipped, and a confirmation on my credit card charge. Because it was the holidays, I never went back to double check my account, assuming all was taken care of. On February 8th. 2016 I logged into my bank account to pay some bills, to my surprise a charge of 378.85 was taken from my account. At which time I already had bills pending to come through. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. I called they called me back, we will get this taken care of 2 days of watching my bank account dwindle, a rep called to inform me per the corporate office, there was a computer problem the day you placed your order, and we never charged your card, so I am sorry. I was told by several how they understood, the last call was from a floor supervisor as she stated when she called. The charge is owed to us, as we never got our money in December. I said I wanted to return the items, I wanted my money back, I was NEVER notified by mail, email, phone or NOTHING to give me a heads up the charge never went through, so 2 months later they come and charge me for something I thought was already taken care of. She told me of course I was over the time to return items, and if if I could it would be for Brookstone credit, yeah great that will pay my car note that was pending and my other bills. I did not deny that they were owed the money for what I ordered, but you don't just come along 2 full months later, and "Oh we never received payment , lets just charge this card, and not EVEN notify the consumer. What if the account had been closed or changed. The whole experience was horrible. I am an office manger whom takes care of payroll and billing in my office, I would NEVER dream of doing something in this manner, especially without notifing a customer first and foremost, as you never know what their situation maybe at the time. I WILL NOT EVER PURCHASE FROM THE AGAIN, online, instore, or any other way possible. I will make it appoint to tell my family and friends of my experience, and encourage that they seek their items somewhere else."

This review was modified by Sherri4269 on February 10 2016 11:00:11 AM

2016-01-15

Item never received!!

"Ordered a xmas gift dec. 12, 2015. Received an email 12/15/15 that it shipped and was billed on American Express. Gift never came. No tracking available. Called Brookstone 12/26/15, 1/2/16 and 1/15/16. Each time they were going to reach out to the vendor and get back to me. Never did. Vendor never responded to them so Brookstone never bothered to reach out to me. Last time I called i was told that I had requested a refund? Huh? I didn't request that refund but if that was what my account was stating why didn't I get it? This experience was awful, costly, time consuming and there was a missing xmas gift under my tree"

2016-01-12

If it looks good don't plan on getting it, or if you really need a gift don't buy it here

"bought a gift on black Friday for item in stock. During the next week got other items no mention my Christmas present not coming till after black Friday and cyber Monday deals over. They offered me $10.00, nothing else. Other stores like Amazon at least try help you with an comparable item. When I called customer service the representative seemed to try and help but the supervisor could care less. Will never shop there again. "

This review was modified by louise99 on January 12 2016 12:48:23 PM

2015-12-21

"Do not shop here. The worst experience ever. You order and then you are in the dark about everything. Customer service is non-existant. No idea how they stay in business. Buyer beware!!!"

2015-12-14

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! After trying to place my order by phone for over 30 minutes I was advised to place the order online - so I did. Much to my disappointment, after I received an order confirmation and the payment was taken out of my account, the order status cannot be verified a week after placing the order! I was on hold a total of over 1.5 hours and given two promises of a supervisor returning my call to resolve the issue/explain why Brookstone cancelled my order and what they plan to do about it. Four calls later and having missed the window of the order being here in time for Christmas, I am forced to head to the mall..."

This review was modified by Unhappy2015.12 on December 14 2015 08:26:09 PM

2015-12-11

"Selling products and then not supporting them with software updates is not my idea of a place to leave my money on the table. I have two scanners to throw out now that I have found that everyone else who has this scanner from Brookstone has the same problem since the last IOS update."

2015-11-17

"Brookstone.com : So far not so good, Beware of purchasing items from Brookstone.com. Shipping dates are hidden. I wish I could show a screen shot of the fact they hide there shipping info on a link(you have to click) at the bottom of there webpage with no indication with in the product description you are looking at 35 to 40 days shipping!!!!.

Although I did make this purchase, because the price seemed great. Now that I look at there webpage you cannot even write a consumer review, So no wonder this company seems just like the rest, cause you have no way to review them at all. Beware they are not! Well the purchase I have made with them will take 14 days just for them to just get around to shipping it and then another 14 business days to actually ship from brookstone.com to me. This operation sounds to be light years behind there competition, on the same day I made this purchase from brookstone.com, I also purchased two similar items from two other wholesale websites that will both be delivered within 5 days total from my purchase and it will take brookstone.com that long to just an answer a question according to there customer service department.( all questions take 1 to 2 business day for an answer) At the end of the day ,It sounds to me that they have no control over what items you have purchased from them, (unlike there competition).I buy things online all the time and from what I have seen, spend the extra couple bucks somewhere else if you want a normal online purchase experience.

This review was modified by cnotes5 on November 17 2015 12:49:25 PM

2015-01-05

"I was trying to send a gift to my boyfriend (for his birthday in november) over seas since the website stated that they can ship to APO address. It was a bungee trampoline chair thingy. The first one i ordered never shipped so i called and they said they said they would send a new chair for free. But the second chair shipped to my house instead of goin over seas.. they said i can keep the second chair they refunded me and said they resent a third chair..but it never left... I am very unhappy with their service i will never buy anything from this place again "

This review was modified by Tayeve31 on January 05 2015 10:23:37 AM

2014-10-09

"$388 for a mailbox ordered on 30AUG. Was told it would be here by 16SEP. Emailed them back on 20SEP and was told it would ship on 06OCT. Here it is 09OCT and have heard nothing about shipment and their website still shows the item to be in stock. I will be canceling my order and will never order from them again!"

This review was modified by Madmaxx63 on October 09 2014 01:24:44 PM

2014-09-20

"Ordered two small items (a wallet & sleep mask) that were shipped separately in enormous boxes for no reason. Both could have fit in my mail box. Customer service sounds like apathetic teenagers. Never again."

This review was modified by empire23 on September 20 2014 09:15:15 AM

2014-08-25

"I recently ordered a Fitbit Flex wristband from Brookstone in their exclusive bright blue color. My shipping information came right away and my package was delivered 3 days later even though I didn't pay for expedited shipping. I did use their coupon code SHIP99 to get free shipping on my order. Overall, I found the Brookstone site very user friendly and easy to navigate, and my purchase process and order were to my satisfaction."

This review was modified by JamieC01 on August 25 2014 07:12:32 PM

2014-08-25

"Had a great experience. No issues! Would shop here again. Got an amazing gift and it arrived so qiuckly."

This review was modified by terryr0507 on August 25 2014 04:52:21 PM

Share Brookstone's store rating

Brookstone is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Brookstone is not a merchant member
Brookstone does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!