Stores > Brookstone

• Brookstone

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"Brookstone.com : So far not so good, Beware of purchasing items from Brookstone.com. Shipping dates are hidden. I wish I could show a screen shot of the fact they hide there shipping info on a link(you have to click) at the bottom of there webpage with no indication with in the product description you are looking at 35 to 40 days shipping!!!!.

Although I did make this purchase, because the price seemed great. Now that I look at there webpage you cannot even write a consumer review, So no wonder this company seems just like the rest, cause you have no way to review them at all. Beware they are not! Well the purchase I have made with them will take 14 days just for them to just get around to shipping it and then another 14 business days to actually ship from brookstone.com to me. This operation sounds to be light years behind there competition, on the same day I made this purchase from brookstone.com, I also purchased two similar items from two other wholesale websites that will both be delivered within 5 days total from my purchase and it will take brookstone.com that long to just an answer a question according to there customer service department.( all questions take 1 to 2 business day for an answer) At the end of the day ,It sounds to me that they have no control over what items you have purchased from them, (unlike there competition).I buy things online all the time and from what I have seen, spend the extra couple bucks somewhere else if you want a normal online purchase experience.

This review was modified by cnotes5 on November 17 2015 12:49:25 PM

"I was trying to send a gift to my boyfriend (for his birthday in november) over seas since the website stated that they can ship to APO address. It was a bungee trampoline chair thingy. The first one i ordered never shipped so i called and they said they said they would send a new chair for free. But the second chair shipped to my house instead of goin over seas.. they said i can keep the second chair they refunded me and said they resent a third chair..but it never left... I am very unhappy with their service i will never buy anything from this place again "

This review was modified by Tayeve31 on January 05 2015 10:23:37 AM

"$388 for a mailbox ordered on 30AUG. Was told it would be here by 16SEP. Emailed them back on 20SEP and was told it would ship on 06OCT. Here it is 09OCT and have heard nothing about shipment and their website still shows the item to be in stock. I will be canceling my order and will never order from them again!"

This review was modified by Madmaxx63 on October 09 2014 01:24:44 PM

"Ordered two small items (a wallet & sleep mask) that were shipped separately in enormous boxes for no reason. Both could have fit in my mail box. Customer service sounds like apathetic teenagers. Never again."

This review was modified by empire23 on September 20 2014 09:15:15 AM

"I recently ordered a Fitbit Flex wristband from Brookstone in their exclusive bright blue color. My shipping information came right away and my package was delivered 3 days later even though I didn't pay for expedited shipping. I did use their coupon code SHIP99 to get free shipping on my order. Overall, I found the Brookstone site very user friendly and easy to navigate, and my purchase process and order were to my satisfaction."

This review was modified by JamieC01 on August 25 2014 07:12:32 PM

"Had a great experience. No issues! Would shop here again. Got an amazing gift and it arrived so qiuckly."

This review was modified by terryr0507 on August 25 2014 04:52:21 PM

"Horrible company. Order item cost $100 but was sent wrong item worth $5. Lied about resend right order the same day. Lied about sending prepaid shipping label for shipping back. Lied about refunding money after cancellation has been requested. Has been more than a month, dozen of calls, still lying about refunding within 3 days that has not happened"

This review was modified by cooper2053 on August 23 2014 09:51:47 PM

"I ordered an item as a birthday gift for my mother after not being able to find the item in any local stores. I found Brookstone online, who carried the item, I paid for overnight shipping and did not receive my package the next day. I ordered my gift on Thursday expecting it to be here for the weekend to give to my mother. I called customer service on Friday afternoon after not receiving my package or an email confirming they shipped it and they told me my order got "stuck" in the system and my order was never processed because of it. Because the weekend was approaching they told me I wouldn't have it until Monday. Monday was too late and I did not have my gift in time for her birthday. I am very dissatisfied with the service I received."

This review was modified by BKObe on June 02 2014 12:34:13 PM

"BEWARE! Brookstone's return policy is the WORST I have ever experienced from any online retailer. Very disappointed with the quality of the items I received and now I can't return them."

This review was modified by julie.h on April 10 2014 07:43:55 PM

"I bought 2 Theracanes from Brookstone and the dumb people in that warehouse sent me only one manual for the 2 items. I was going to give one to my brother. Now I may just have to sent it both for this poor service."

This review was modified by AndreBon on January 06 2014 06:48:53 PM

"Do not injure yourself!!
This is the worst shopping experience I ever had.liars and incompetence.
Find another seller ,please.

This review was modified by Cantabela on December 24 2013 11:32:27 AM

"I chose to order some Luminara candles from Brookstone on November 8th as their ad indicated that they would ship 11/20/13 and I wanted to have them for the holiday season. On 11/24/13 I contacted the company and was told they are now on backorder and wouldn't ship until 12/20/13. There was no attempt to contact me to inform me of the backorder. When I contacted customer service I received an automated response that they would reply as soon as possible, but two days later, no response. I reached out on Facebook and was told there was nothing they could do and offered up a minimal gift certificate for the inconvenience."

This review was modified by BLevos on November 26 2013 07:11:09 AM

"Absolutely the worst retailer I've ever dealt with. Ordered an item which was never received after 2 weeks (birthday present). No email correspondence other than confirmation of the order. Finally go back and look and order was "cancelled" arbitrarily. Called customer service, sat on hold only to find out how very "sorry" they were, but that of course the item wasn't in stock and my order had been cancelled and they had "no idea" how I wasn't notified. Of course I wished I had checked here first as realistically I'm definitely not the first this has happened to. STAY AWAY FROM THIS RETAILER."

This review was modified by agent1533 on November 21 2013 03:19:57 PM

"Review of Brookstone

I have been a Brookstone customer for over 15 years, but after this I think I'll go elsewhere.

Online Sales - Lousy recordkeeping and incompetent customer care
It has been 15 days of this silliness.

Just today I spent 35 minutes with Brookstone (with the Credit Card company on the line) not to mention other calls to both Brookstone and the credit card company over the last few days. Over 5 hours in fact. They need to refund (actually remove the hold on my credit card) in the amount of $174.39 which is what the invoice says and what has been charged to my Citibank account. However they Brookstone insists they show $173.48 which is why nothing has been processed.

How Brookstone's internal numbers show two different amounts is beyond me but the result is that I haven't be provided the refund.

Spoke with Tammy, who elevated it to her supervisor Jamie. They promised to resolve it during during the morning call but nothing as of 6pm this evening.

It has been 15 days of this silliness. I have been a Brookstone customer for over 15 years, but after this I think I'll pass.

"I also have had the same experience many here have had. The ONLY reason I chose to shop here is because someone gave me a gift card to this shop.#1. They ARE significantly overpriced.
Now I have found that they are inept. I ordered the heart monitor watch a week ago. They stated that it is in stock and shipping is 5-7 days. I have called four times as my order number never can be tracked.No one has ever been able to tell me anything except, it is supposed to be shipping.After this 3rd call i did a google for reviews and see I should have never ordered from them. OH, I called back and apparently this rep sees that the order is canceled and they did not refund my Brookstone gift card, they kept the $50 dollars from it and failed to ever tell me ANYTHING! Pathetic.

This review was modified by Divapdb on June 19 2013 02:44:16 PM

Share Brookstone's store rating

Brookstone is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Brookstone is not a merchant member
Brookstone does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!