Stores > Brookstone

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

2016-12-06

3 weeks for delivery and no information

"So I ordered a product on Dec 2nd for Christmas. Well after 4 days I called as I hadn't received any information about it shipping. They told me it wouldn't be shipping out until Dec 23! So it wouldn't even be here for Christmas.

Really?...why wouldn't you notify your customers? It is obviously a Christmas present. I hate ordering from Amazon, but at least you get the product in a decent amount of time. I paid the same price on Amazon, but guaranteed in two days.

Never again Brookstone.

2016-09-22

Too bad zero stars isn't possible.

"Everyone else here is telling the truth and that is that Brookstone doesn't stock anything. Their "in stock and ready to ship" notice that they put on products is only there so you'll submit your order. I've been waiting over two weeks now for an item that was supposedly in stock... no shipping notifications, tracking numbers or changes in the order status screen since I ordered.

We called them and it sounded the person we talked to made a story up on the spot. It was something like, "Um, yeah, that's an, um... specialty item... and, um, well... those come from a special warehouse, and, well... Tuesday. Yeah, it'll ship nest Tuesday, and you'll get it a while after that. That's all the info I have."

What a joke.

If we don't get a shipment notice on Tuesday, we're canceling our order. If we get the runaround, we're contacting our credit card company.

This review was modified by addisonbass on September 22 2016 07:51:20 PM

2016-08-25

They decided to cancel my product, just because.....

"The reason was because i used a coupon,

So they decided to cancel.
And never told me! I had to track it down 10 days later and to call and to be told that it was canceled.

way to go Brookstone. You lost 1 potential costumer, and for a good reason.

2016-07-17

I would not recommend anyone buys any Brookstone electronics as there is no real support and long term commitment.

"On Dec 7 2013 I bought a iConvert Scanner for iPad from Brookstone with a 2 year replacement plan. When we received it it was clear this was for the older generation iPad since it had the old connector The Buffalo store in Walden gallery replaced it with a Brookstone wifi model. I have never had it work 100% When I mentioned the infrequent performance to Brookstone "support" the blame was placed on the instability of the APP and iOS 8 with the attached Lately they have asked me to call the warranty company but I do not have the paperwork of the exchange. It seems that Brookstone products are warrantied to work with a specific app and iOS version and if Apple ver upgrades we are SOL.

This review was modified by Ivof on July 18 2016 03:05:16 AM

2016-05-06

Check inventory before you email !!

"I decided to order an ice cream maker for my wife's mother's day gift. After checking out several sites, i was happy with brookstone. Placed an order on April 27th, then on May 2nd i received an email confirming the shipment was on its way. Today (May 6th) got another email saying sorry but this item is not available. What!?!?. Did my ice cream maker vanish into thin air??? . This was my first order with brookstone and unfortunately it will be my last. Don't know if this happens often with this company, if it does maybe they should consider changing their name to "Broke"stone."

2016-04-15

Zero Stars Most Represents This Company's Customer Service, Return Policy and Integrity

"Sent wrong product. After 11 days of calls and emails they finally tell me the best they can do is that I have to go ten miles to another town to return it by UPS. They can't possibly send UPS pick up to my home, nor were they capable of generating a new order for the correct product until 11 days after the first one arrived. When pressed about what they might do to offset their mistake they thought I"d appreciate a $10 gift card to Brookstone. I said, sorry, I'll never be buying anything from you again, at least refund $10 to my credit card to make up for me having to take an hour out of work going to UPS. Should have read online reviews which all say they are incompetent this experience is common. "

This review was modified by Allnamestaken on April 15 2016 09:01:12 PM

2016-03-17

at least they wrote on the Box that the Item I bought was broken garbage

"I bought a BB8 as a birthday gift for my husband. it came, I had to pay a whole lot of tax to the UPS guy. unfortunately, I didn´t check the box BEFORE i paid. the bb8 was USED, cable was missing and on the box was written "unable to control or use". very nice. now they finally refunded me, but "of course" only the price of the BB8 i paid. although one of the customer ladies promised me to refund also the tax. I have it in writing. but that was just a lie. the TAX, € 46.- is the price for my own stupidity in buying at this terrible store BEFORE reading all the very bad reviews. don´t buy there. "

This review was modified by vwxyz12345 on March 18 2016 02:23:39 AM

2016-03-07

Boca wrangling

"Went to Brookstone store at Boca Raton TownCenter Mall to exchange a defective massager. I was treated by the manager as if I was a criminal. The unit was defective but I was questioned with a "what are you trying to pull" attitude. Horrible customer service. I doubt I'll ever purchase another item from Brookstone. "

This review was modified by Mikea425 on March 07 2016 05:15:56 PM

2016-02-10

Billing services, Customer complaint resolve

"I tried to make a very large purchase online in December 2015 for 2 Christmas presents. After making my order I tried to pay with my Credit card, for some reason it kept kicking it back. Like a fool I kept trying, only to discover that each time my card was actually being charged for each attempt. After noticing I immediately got the customer service on the phone to get the transactions reversed, at which time my account had become severely over drawn, by about 800. dollars. The rep, was helpful in getting my money returned, and in turn took my order, upgraded my shipping, which didn't matter as I got it no sooner than it was going to be. I got an email receipt when my order was supposedly shipped, and a confirmation on my credit card charge. Because it was the holidays, I never went back to double check my account, assuming all was taken care of. On February 8th. 2016 I logged into my bank account to pay some bills, to my surprise a charge of 378.85 was taken from my account. At which time I already had bills pending to come through. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. I called they called me back, we will get this taken care of 2 days of watching my bank account dwindle, a rep called to inform me per the corporate office, there was a computer problem the day you placed your order, and we never charged your card, so I am sorry. I was told by several how they understood, the last call was from a floor supervisor as she stated when she called. The charge is owed to us, as we never got our money in December. I said I wanted to return the items, I wanted my money back, I was NEVER notified by mail, email, phone or NOTHING to give me a heads up the charge never went through, so 2 months later they come and charge me for something I thought was already taken care of. She told me of course I was over the time to return items, and if if I could it would be for Brookstone credit, yeah great that will pay my car note that was pending and my other bills. I did not deny that they were owed the money for what I ordered, but you don't just come along 2 full months later, and "Oh we never received payment , lets just charge this card, and not EVEN notify the consumer. What if the account had been closed or changed. The whole experience was horrible. I am an office manger whom takes care of payroll and billing in my office, I would NEVER dream of doing something in this manner, especially without notifing a customer first and foremost, as you never know what their situation maybe at the time. I WILL NOT EVER PURCHASE FROM THE AGAIN, online, instore, or any other way possible. I will make it appoint to tell my family and friends of my experience, and encourage that they seek their items somewhere else."

This review was modified by Sherri4269 on February 10 2016 11:00:11 AM

2016-01-15

Item never received!!

"Ordered a xmas gift dec. 12, 2015. Received an email 12/15/15 that it shipped and was billed on American Express. Gift never came. No tracking available. Called Brookstone 12/26/15, 1/2/16 and 1/15/16. Each time they were going to reach out to the vendor and get back to me. Never did. Vendor never responded to them so Brookstone never bothered to reach out to me. Last time I called i was told that I had requested a refund? Huh? I didn't request that refund but if that was what my account was stating why didn't I get it? This experience was awful, costly, time consuming and there was a missing xmas gift under my tree"

2016-01-12

If it looks good don't plan on getting it, or if you really need a gift don't buy it here

"bought a gift on black Friday for item in stock. During the next week got other items no mention my Christmas present not coming till after black Friday and cyber Monday deals over. They offered me $10.00, nothing else. Other stores like Amazon at least try help you with an comparable item. When I called customer service the representative seemed to try and help but the supervisor could care less. Will never shop there again. "

This review was modified by louise99 on January 12 2016 12:48:23 PM

2015-12-21

"Do not shop here. The worst experience ever. You order and then you are in the dark about everything. Customer service is non-existant. No idea how they stay in business. Buyer beware!!!"

2015-12-14

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! After trying to place my order by phone for over 30 minutes I was advised to place the order online - so I did. Much to my disappointment, after I received an order confirmation and the payment was taken out of my account, the order status cannot be verified a week after placing the order! I was on hold a total of over 1.5 hours and given two promises of a supervisor returning my call to resolve the issue/explain why Brookstone cancelled my order and what they plan to do about it. Four calls later and having missed the window of the order being here in time for Christmas, I am forced to head to the mall..."

This review was modified by Unhappy2015.12 on December 14 2015 08:26:09 PM

2015-12-11

"Selling products and then not supporting them with software updates is not my idea of a place to leave my money on the table. I have two scanners to throw out now that I have found that everyone else who has this scanner from Brookstone has the same problem since the last IOS update."

2015-11-17

"Brookstone.com : So far not so good, Beware of purchasing items from Brookstone.com. Shipping dates are hidden. I wish I could show a screen shot of the fact they hide there shipping info on a link(you have to click) at the bottom of there webpage with no indication with in the product description you are looking at 35 to 40 days shipping!!!!.

Although I did make this purchase, because the price seemed great. Now that I look at there webpage you cannot even write a consumer review, So no wonder this company seems just like the rest, cause you have no way to review them at all. Beware they are not! Well the purchase I have made with them will take 14 days just for them to just get around to shipping it and then another 14 business days to actually ship from brookstone.com to me. This operation sounds to be light years behind there competition, on the same day I made this purchase from brookstone.com, I also purchased two similar items from two other wholesale websites that will both be delivered within 5 days total from my purchase and it will take brookstone.com that long to just an answer a question according to there customer service department.( all questions take 1 to 2 business day for an answer) At the end of the day ,It sounds to me that they have no control over what items you have purchased from them, (unlike there competition).I buy things online all the time and from what I have seen, spend the extra couple bucks somewhere else if you want a normal online purchase experience.

This review was modified by cnotes5 on November 17 2015 12:49:25 PM

Share Brookstone's store rating

Brookstone is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Brookstone is not a merchant member
Brookstone does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!