Broadway Computer & Video Reviews - broadwaycomputer.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 45 reviews

Broadway Computer & Video is not a merchant member
Broadway Computer & Video does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"i went to new york on holida and went into broadway computer,for a memory card.i got led downstairs where the lower of the shop was being used to sell what i was told antiques.
i bought 3 persian rugs costing 20k pounds i also bought a number of other smaller items fabergie eggs and 2 crystals one of statue of liberty and brooklyn bridge.
since ive been home its been 2 yrs now and i had the rugs valued the 6x9 silk rug is worth around 250 quid and the other to 4 x6 persian rugs are worth about 100 each.
the crystals are not real and the fabergie eggs i wont even go into detail lets just say i was ripped of there as well all i can say is do not go into this shop and be led into there room off fake goods,these guys are disgusting human beings

modified review This review was modified by craig36 on May 14 2013 02:32:24 PM

"I was at this store in February. Beware!! These people are extremely dishonest. I bought a $30 item using my credit card. When I got my bill it was for $500.00. Not sure how they did this but all I can say is DO NOT trust them with your credit card or better yet do not go anywhere near this store!!"

"No doubt these guys are simply thieves . I bought a camera and other items. Same issues as below - paid 3 times the amount ($800 for a $280 in the UK), gave me a power converter for free but pulled it out of my bag and noticed when I got home. Paid 10 times the amount for memory card and made a big deal about me getting my tax back at the airport however the airport tells me this stopped years ago. Basic liars who prey on people who trust retailers.

You could say my error and I agree - bad research and to much trust.maybe you hope that people are genuine and are actually out to help you.

They say they are now closing down.

I see peoples complaints are ignored or not answered. I'm not going to bother but will use social media to try and weed these cheaters out.

What bastards.

"i am another who get ripped
i think all of us have to fill complain here

"I was charged $450 for a $30 phone card. To say they are unethical would be flattery. They are nothing more than thieves. I complained to the Department of Consumer Affairs, and will be taking them to the Small Claims Court. I do not know why they are allowed to trade.

I have sued them through the Small Claims Court. A certified letter to VB Management at the Broadway address was refused, and on the one occasion I spoke to Sam, he denied any knowledge of the issue, even though I have a copy of an e-mail from the company (under the VB Management letterhead) offering me compensation. Furthermore, he must have been issued with a summons by the Court. I FAXed him all the details, and have pursued him by phone without success, as he is permanently 'unavailable'.

This company is a bunch of cheats and liars.

"Des arnaqueurs purs et simples ! A éviter absolument ! Matériels de qualité médiocres voir mauvaise (équipement photo et bagages) à des prix exorbitants, vendeurs n'hésitant pas à mentir sur les produits et profitant du fait qu'on parle mal la langue, une honte ! Lorsque l'on souhaite retourner ses produits, changement de discours, c'est finalement impossible, uniquement échange et à des tarifs 10 fois au dessus du marché... Fuyez !"

"Huge mistake buying an SD card from this place while on spring break with my family. Buyer beware. They are crooks. I wish zero stars was possible."

"Never shop in this place!! I bought 2GB memory stick from them. What a rip off price. I can not believe there is such a place around tourist area. There is no star rate for this place!"

"Please do not patronize this business. They are not reputable by any measure and are taking advantage of the high spirits and immediate needs of travelers unfortunate enough to pass through their doors. I was defrauded of $600.00 and repeated attempts to resolve the issue with them have fallen of deaf ears."

"AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

DECEPTIVE/UNETHICAL TRADE PRACTICES.

PERSONAL THREATS MADE TO MY SAFETY.

I bought wide angle camera lens from salesman Robert after having spoken with salesman Benny the previous day. Benny described the lens as being infra red (which it is not) amongst other things, and also stated that if we were not satisfied with the lens, then we could return it the following day for a refund.

Also purchased at the time was a camera tripod for $89.99

After having found that the lens was not as described, I attempted to return it to the store on the following day. Benny was not in that day and I asked Robert for a refund as it was not as described.

Robert refused to refund stating store policy was for exchange only. There was nothing else in the store that we wanted and store credit was no good us being travellers.

I insisted on a refund and Robert told me that if I did not be quiet and leave the store that he would "get two guys from out the back to come and shoot" me. He then proceeded to make a phonecall to someone requesting "the guys" to come to the shop and he provided a description of me. NYPD became involved regarding these threats.

I have since found that the tripod can be purchased elsewhere for around $20, and the lens for between $30 and $50. The original ticketed price on the lens in Broadway Computer & Video was $1899.

If possible, I'd give a zero star rating on this site...

" The Newest idiot.
On my vacation in New York, on September 19, 2010,I went this store and purchased a brand Optoma projector model Pk-301 and an HDMI cable, paying a total of USD 1,633.11. I felt a fool when I learned the true market value of around USD 400.00.
They use false arguments to deceive consumers, and totally deceived me, put prices up to 10 times their value, grant discounts of 50% or more for the customer to believe that doing a fine business. Also, pass false information about the product specifications.
Went back to the store to return the product and protest, but they said they would not accept, and even laughed at us.
I have proof of purchase to the value stated.
The store name is Broadway Computer & Video - LIC. # 0888898 - 1623 Broadway, NY, NY 10019.
Please revoke a license at this store, they tarnish the image of New York and away from the tourists.
Thanks.

"Don`t buy anything in this shop!!!!. I was robbed for more than 1000$. They sold me a lense for 1000 and it cost 100 dollar in other shops. I also asked for a Ipad and they gave me Apad. This shop are living of cheating tourists Who trust at stores.
I was one of them.
Do`not go there!!

Helge (Norway)

modified review This review was modified by hel on August 06 2010 09:05:22 AM

"Yet again these unethical sales people have struck. Again it was a bait and switch and fast talking sales rep. I won't go into the full details since I have filed a complaint with both my credit card company and the NYC Dept. of Consumer affairs: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/contact/contact.shtml

I will say we are talking about $3K.

Edit 7/28
We have added the BBB to the list of those who are interested in this operation.

Edit 9/19
On a return visit we returned to the store. During a rather loud exchange with the sales staff, with 20 odd customers in the store, they agreed to take back the product for an exchange. This time we were prepared. They gave us several other camera lens' which have a real street value of what they overcharged for the rip off. We are still pursuing them with the City of New York. See the web address above.

modified review This review was modified by Oakhurstfolks on September 19 2010 05:26:41 PM

"Well I was scammed by this store also. And by Benny a very smooth salesperson. I feel so very stupid and ripped off. What they sold me is available online at 1/4 to 1/3 the price and not only that, that is the latest model and not last year's model Nikon Coolpix that they sold me. They had very genuine looking price tags like MSRP price tags on every item that were five six seven times the real cost and then tell me they gave me a "discount" and I thought I got a deal! VISA was no use, I pursued a merchant dispute with them. I am going to pursue a complaint with NYC Department of Consumer Affairs, their business name is VB Management, their license number is posted up the store you could get that and file a complaint also. It ruined my holiday. I literally could not imagine that any firm could stay in business with such deceptive marketing practices. And that's because most of us are tourists and will never see them again. Do not shop here."

"Do not purchase anything from this shop. You will be ripped off without realising it.
First time in New York we entered this shop to buy a digital camera for my daughter. We ended up buying a basic camera at an inflated price but worse they sold us a lens without a proprietary name for $769.99 plus tax. My son said it is worth at most $30. They then proceeded to sell my husband a video camera which he didn't want or need for $1,415.00, worth on the internet we discovered later $299. It was a set up and we were mugs but why should these sharks get away with it. I just hope that people will read this review and heed our warnings. I have been in touch with the shop 3 times since with no good
result but we do not intend to let the matter rest here.
It cast a cloud over our whole holiday which was our first time in New York and the USA.