Stores > British Delights
  • British Delight

Voice your opinion! Review British Delights by clicking a star below.
2017-03-28

They Lied

"So. It seems like the person I spoke to completely lied to me. I never received a replacement shipment and my multiple emails to her remain unanswered. I am so frustrated that I was told they would resolve this situation then completely go back on that promise and ignore my emails. I'm done with this company. I will never order from them again and I will stop recommending them to my friends and family. So disgusted and disappointed.

Prior Review
I am updating my review as someone else from British Delights contacted me and did end up resolving this situation for me. They are replacing the damaged items and apologized for the treatment and response I received from the person I was originally dealing with. I respect a company who will admit a mistake and work to correct it.

Original Review:
I have been a loyal and steady customer for years and recently ordered frozen foods which I have done in the past. This order was shipped with 2 small ice packs and no dry ice. The frozen goods came warm and slimy. When I emailed to complain and asked them to replace my items (valued around $45) they refused telling me the package was shipped properly. When I told them it wasn't they then said I was outside of the 48 hour window so won't replace the items. Are you kidding me? This is the one and only time I have asked them to replace an item they failed to ship properly and that's their response? Disgraceful. It's obvious they do not stand behind their products and have no level of customer service.

2015-04-16

"ordered 2.5 dozen of bottles of Fentimann soda. One bottle never came, another three came leaking. Expiration date on half of the bottles is 2.5 month from now. Will never order again,"

2010-12-30

"This company may be OK for 'in person' shopping - but for online shopping they are awful. They were completely unresponsive by email (and yes, I checked my spam filters), and when I contacted them by phone all I got was one lie after another about the status of my order and when it would ship. When they eventually DID ship my order, about half of it was missing (and refunded) even though they told me by phone that there were only 2 items that were unavaiable and that the rest would ship immediately.

Bottom line - you cannot trust these people as far as you can throw them. Take your business elsewhere - e.g. after BritishDelights screwed me over I placed an order with www.britishfood.com, who were ultra responsive, truthful, and delivered what they promissed.

2010-10-26

"I have been searching for a replacement for the Sunshine Golden Raisin Biscuits for years only to discover they had been discontinued. I knew that a British company called Crawford's made a similar product called Garibaldi, but the only source I had found was very expensive.

While searching recently on the Internet for another source, I found a reference to British Delights. Imagine my surprise when I saw they offer a case of 12 packs for less than the cost of a couple of packs at the other source. British Delights also ships to APO addresses, which is a bonus for me!

I placed my order and received the expected email confirmation. The confirmation email stated that I would receive a shipping confirmation email; however, I did not receive this. Checking the status of my order was easy and the Delivery Confirmation information was in my order history.

The package arrived a few days later in perfect condition, and I am enjoying my private stash of Garibaldi biscuits.

I will definitely order again from British Delights.

Share British Delights's store rating

British Delights is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

British Delights is not a merchant member
British Delights does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!