Stores > Brilliance

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.31/10 9.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.59/10 9.59/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.40/10 9.40/10

Engagement ring

"Brilliance.com offers excellent quality jewelry at superb pricing. As a first time shopper of jewelry online, I was skeptical at first, but Chris Strader gave me helpful information and reassured me that I would get a quality product with significant savings. I came out of this engagement ring shopping experience with more than a ring, I gained valuable knowledge of jewelry and diamonds and now have a go to sales person. Two thumbs up!"

Excellent customer service

"John Rios did a great job. He surpassed my expectations and did the little extras to make me Happy. I was kept informed through out the process which reduced the stress and concerns about doing a cash transaction on line.
The stone is beautiful and the setting is breathtaking. They made me look good on my wedding day. My wife is happy with ring.
John went the extra step and got us the matching wedding band at an excellent price. I would recommend them to everyone. I will use them again in the future.

This review was modified by Java_Joe_S on April 26 2016 11:38:11 AM

Fantastic customer service

"The customer service I recieved from the Brilliance staff was excellent. They went out of there way to accommodate me. I will do buisness with them in the future and would recommend them to anyone seeking to purchase high quality jewelry at fantastic prices."

This review was modified by MajicMike on April 26 2016 07:18:12 AM

2016-04-19

Beautiful Diamond

"My husband bought me a diamond from Brilliance for my 25th anniversary. The diamond had a GIA cert but the number was not inscribed on the diamond. I sent it to the GIA for verification and inscription and the diamond matched the cert. I had it appraised and it came in at much more than we paid for it. Our rep was very knowledgeable and helpful. He sent us pictures of different diamonds and gave us his input. I am very pleased with Brilliance and would highly recommend them. I will use them for all future purchases."

This review was modified by eperry on April 19 2016 12:33:58 PM

2016-04-14

Excellent!

"I bought a diamond engagement ring thru Brilliance. I was very pleased with the website's ease of use, customer service, and final product. Highly recommended!"

This review was modified by Jforsythe440 on April 14 2016 07:59:10 PM

2016-04-14

Excellent

"Brilliance and more specifically Chris put my mind at ease about making such an important purchase online. There was point where my money needed to be refunded because the sale fell through and my money was put back in my account within a couple hours of the cancelled order. Chris was able to answer all my questions professionally and accurately. My purchase was expedited to me free of charge and I received it exactly when they said I would. Great prices for a wonderful stone, don't shop anywhere else until you check them out first."

This review was modified by castin15 on April 14 2016 08:46:59 AM

2016-04-05

Amazing experience. best store for engagement rings

I had been fretting buying the right ring for a while. I wanted something that both my fiancé and myself were proud of. I looked at some stores in Chicago, and shopped a bit online and To be honest I was kind of dissappointed with what my money could get me. Then I found Jennifer at Brilliance. I told her how much I was willing to spend and that I want to go as big as possible while still being beautiful to the eye. I was so indecisive because she got me multiple list each week of options that were all amazing and all UNDER my price point. That is a rarity in the jewelry business. She wasn't pushy and she was soooooo patient. When I finally bought the ring she was in constant contact with me and assured me it would deliver in time. When the ring showed up I was blown away. I still catch my fiancé looking down at the ring and smiling. You would be foolish to go anywhere else.

Thank you brilliance.

This review was modified by Bramandm on April 05 2016 08:01:58 AM

2016-04-04

Excellent price for loose diamonds

"The price for loose diamonds is very good, although not being able to ship to all EU countries is a bit annoying.

Anyway I rate it 5 stars due to price, fast shipment and helpful staff - Jennifer exchanged more than a few emails with me, she even helped me selecting units based upon my requirements. I know their search is quite sufficient but they may not have all diamonds in stock, so getting help from the staff is more than welcome.

Bear in mind if shipping to EU you'll be taxed at customs (valid in April 2016).

I'll be making further orders especially if they change their shipping policy (and if they keep the prices at attractive levels).

This review was modified by janhvizdak on April 04 2016 10:45:29 AM

2016-04-03

Save yourself some trouble! Run for the hills.

"Ah, the obligatory poor review among a sea of five-star ratings! Before you continue scrolling, please hear me out and know that this is not the rant of some hyperbolic troll, but instead someone who deeply regrets trusting this company with his business.

I'll try and save you the play-by-play. The dramatic twists and turns that comprised my experience with this company can be summed up in a few brief points:

First, their customer service is extremely poor. I sent multiple e-mails to Brilliance on several occasions after receiving no news of the progress on my order. I called, of course, but was unable to reach customer service (during posted business hours) for over a week. When I finally did get through, I was told that there was an error in the casting of my ring and that they'd have to start over.

That leads me to the second point: the turn around time was very disappointing. Look, I'm a reasonable man. I understand good work takes time and that errors will happen. Unfortunately, I was not notified of the apparent mistake with my ring until I finally got through to the company after two weeks of trying to contact them. I had planned to propose under the supermoon eclipse at this wonderfully unique resort I booked. Oops! Didn't make it in time! No worries, there's another eclipse in 30 years.

And finally, the quality of their work is not that impressive. One of the rubies in the ring was supposed to be "eye clean," which depending on who you ask is supposed to lack inclusions visible to the naked eye at a distance of six inches or more - or is it 12 inches? Doesn't matter, because I can see the inclusion in this stone from several feet away.

Fortunately, the diamond was of a very nice quality (and thank god, because I paid for it). I'm sure it will look extra nice when I have it set in an entirely different, higher quality setting from a different company.

Perhaps my experience was atypical, but I strongly encourage you to look elsewhere.

This review was modified by ArachnidSentinl on April 03 2016 12:07:21 AM

2016-04-01

Well worth the effort

"I found Brilliance online, with no referrals or advice. Gave them a shot a helping me find a great diamond for an engagement ring. All - online - from 6 states away. A little nervous. But, Chris Strader helped me find one pretty quickly in their online inventory and made arrangements to purchase and secure the diamond from their source. A great price (if the diamond was as advertised). After a small deposit paid, and several days - they reported a problem with the diamond being damaged once they contacted their source. I was upset and on guard now for a bait & switch routine to complicate matters for the worse. What actually happened after that was a pleasant surprise. Chris worked very hard to re-assure me they were straight up with me - and would locate another diamond quickly. After hearing my trust concerns, he brought in the owner Jonathon Ohayon, who also re-assured me they would make this right. He wired back my deposit money right away, and asked that I give them a chance to find another diamond.
Jonathon personally found an even better diamond than the 1st, and we negotiated a new price - still very good - and made arrangements to ship to me. The diamond was in my hands a few days later, and was verified by my jeweler in town. The diamond was gorgeous, better than what I hoped for - or thought I could afford. Jonathon and Chris really came through. Chris kept in touch with me all throughout the process to answer my many questions, and requests for data and images of each diamond. He was exceptional at his customer service skills. He didn't try to oversell me, and was patient in educating me through the process they use.
I am really impressed with the simplicity of the experience, and the integrity of both Chris and Jonathon to navigate me over some hurdles. They have earned a loyal customer now, and will see my (and my friends) business again soon. Very pleased I found them, and stuck with them.
Neale Zingle.

2016-03-30

Great Selection and Customer Service

"I was hesitant to buy online, but Brilliance's website and customer service was outstanding and painless to navigate. Their quality and service is superb. You can't go wrong dealing with them. I bought a 2-carat GIA-certified princess and my fiance loved it. She hates online shopping, but was sold after seeing it in person."

This review was modified by dyc1217 on March 30 2016 05:42:35 PM

2016-03-30

Brilliance is a no brainer!

"I am definitely a rookie when it comes to the diamond world. Being a person that doesn't like to go into a retail store and get hounded by eager commission driven salesmen, I decided to do my research online and buy a ring by seeing photos along with videos of the particular piece which allowed me basically unlimited choice access, great pricing, and not having to deal with the ever intrusive retail salesman.

Upon doing so, I purchased a ring from an online retailer which looked to be very nice, and their "grading" of the diamond was up to snuff as I thought being the ring was over $6,000. Upon arrival of the ring- to my surprise it has a very ugly black spot in the diamond which I called to the salesman- and he described to me as an "inclusion." The salesman said to me at the time- what did you think you were getting for $6,000- a $15,000-$20,000 clear diamond ring? (Note the ring I purchased was not GIA certified, or certified at all for that matter) To my disappointment- I was heartbroken, as I knew my soon-to-be-fiancé would definitely not approve of this, so I went back to the drawing board with my internet research. This time- VERY luckily, I ran across www.brilliance.com

I called in, and was directed to Chris Strader. I can't say enough great things about Chris. I quickly explained to him my situation, the grading of the diamond I had purchased, pricing, etc along with every little detail of the piece. He quickly educated me that not all diamonds are created equal. There is an industry standard called GIA along with EGL grading for diamonds. What I had purchased was a "clarity enhanced" stone. Being new to the diamond scene- I figured that this "enhancement" was a good thing, and boy was I wrong.

Within the budget that I already had, I was able to create a custom ring with a GIA certified diamond of my choice, and the result was absolutely amazingly beautiful. Fortunately I was able to return the first purchased piece immediately- but even though my initial online purchase was somewhat spoiled, having had ultimately been able to deal with Chris in creating an engagement ring that was spectacular left a good sentiment with me.

I hope people read this review, and learn the lesson that I learned the hard way- and don't think twice about purchasing from Brilliance, as they are super informative, helpful, and straight shooters. You literally get exactly what you see, and then some. My purchase was worth every single penny and then some, and I plan to purchase my wedding bands from Brilliance as well. I understand that making a jewelry purchase is a big deal, and rest with confidence that the team at Brilliance can absolutely be trusted to make your dreams a reality.

I would like personally thanks the entire team at Brilliance, along with Chris- who did an amazingly exceptional job explaining each step of the design process in depth and detail- he's definitely second to none.

Thanks A Million,
Luis & Sarah

This review was modified by Eternalcraze on March 30 2016 11:28:06 AM

2016-03-28

Brilliance.com built a dream ring in my budget!!!

"After doing months of research on the internet on how to build the custom engagement ring I wanted... I found Brilliance.com and was very impressed by their website and video walk-through of how the process would work. I am still blown away by how well they communicate and explained any questions I had throughout the entire process. I was able to send pictures and really feel like I was a part of the custom design process from start to finish, and they worked within my budget which is something that I cannot appreciate enough!!

Jennifer Chiarello was my point of contact and representative that worked with me from start to finish. Swift, thorough, detailed and very professional. I appreciate you so much Jennifer!

My now Fiance is absolutely IN LOVE with her new ring and everyone asks where we got it. I will always refer people to Brilliance.com

This review was modified by jimmydale on March 28 2016 01:14:36 PM

Simon is Awesome

"It has been wonderful to work with Simon at Brilliance when buying our custom wedding band. It is beautiful and everything we were looking for. He made the process run so smoothly especially through all of the little changes we made to the design and was always there to answer questions. If anyone were to ask for a jeweler we will be sending them to Brilliance and specifically Simon. "

2016-03-28

Great price and great service!

"Brilliance is an amazing online retailer for loose diamonds. They delivered the stone exactly as advertised and beat the cost of any brick and mortar store! We worked with Chris Strader who has top customer service and was timely in all of his responses. There was never a question Chris wouldn't answer and walked us through everything throughly. Would order again!"

This review was modified by TF5353 on March 29 2016 01:35:02 PM

Share Brilliance's store rating

Brilliance is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Brilliance is a merchant member
Brilliance participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,612 merchant members.