• Address: 980 Avenue of the Americas
    • Phone: 800-654-7966

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

What is this?

"I don't have my invoice number handy but I have plenty of Service Tickets opened with them. I purchased the item on 10/14/14 today is 10/28/14 and I have been on the phone with poor customer service on a daily basis. Here are the issues:

1) They do not provide a user manual with the item NOR do they point you on how to set up your perameters.
2) When you call the customer service are not very helpful and they get all tangled up themselves. You can't make heads or tails of what they are saying to you.
3) The system has been "down" on their end with no "ETA" for completion.
4) They don't inform you, alert you or email you that the system is down. They also don't tell you when their software upgrades if they are really doing that will be completed by.
5) To date two weeks after having the product installed (which by default means I can no longer return it) I have been paying in advance a $29.99 fee and gotten NOTHING.
THIS IS A TOTAL RIP OFF. The sales folks are super friendly and quick to upsell you. You are better off finding a cheaper solution that you can actually manage. I just threw away $199 for the product $16 for shipping and $50 for installation. I would have been better off with a lowjack or an OnStar system.
I would not be surprised if this place went out of business and one would not find out. I have plenty of emails and tickets and calls to support my total dissatisfaction with this company.

modified review This review was modified by RamirezAI on October 28 2014 05:09:06 AM

"I bought several items from them and never received them. They will not help me in any way. They said that it's been abandoned. Maybe they never sent it and are just keeping my money."

modified review This review was modified by Tripplebar on July 31 2014 02:46:57 PM

"I bought the trackport on May 21, 2014. I have not received the device but decided to return it when I read the e-mail and saw the video information from newsletter@Brickhousesecurity.com that this device makes beeping sounds so it is not a good device to discretely track somebody. I spoke to Mil from customer service to request RMA number but she persuaded me on exchanging it for Smart Nano for $113. I was hesitating but she lowered the price to $86 and she started talking about the Smart Nano magnetic case which I can attach under the car to hide it. It will cost me $59 so I said "no" for now but I will think about it if I still want to get it in the future. After we hang up, she called me back right away and told me that she just found out that the new track port does not make beeping sound and she can give me the magnetic nano FREE and "not to think about the price" because everything (the Smart Nano and the magnetic case/charger) are only $86. I kept repeating the information that I heard since I can't believe it. She said, " she was doing it to give me good customer service". I said okay that is a good deal and I agreed, she put the note/message on my account and closed the deal.
I still have some questions about the device and when I called again Ron was on the other end. He was telling me some information about the Smart Nano and its price. He saw the message that Mil wrote on my account. He put me on hold and I assumed that he was talking to Mil on the other line. I just can not be on hold for a long time so I hang up. After about half hour, I called back and this time it was Mil again on the other end. Before she can answer my first question, she started telling me that the whole deal is off and that I should keep the track port since it is not making beeping sound. I told her that she was trying to push me the Smart Nano earlier because it was better than track port, that everybody likes it and she herself has one too but now she changed the whole thing. What will happen if Ron did not see her message? Will I get charge for getting the Smart Nano and the charger/ magnetic case without my authorization? I spoke to Mil, Ron and briefly to Bruce all have the same Filipino accent, all eager to keep me as customer and reluctant to give refund even I have not receive the device.
Finally, I spoke to Mil for the last time that I am not happy and the trust is not there. I will just return the device and not even exchange it. She said to call back for another RMA when I get the device on May 29, 2014. I said why not now and I have the RMA number already why not just edit her message or delete her message on the account. Then she said to "just go ahead and mail the device without the RMA. I said "THAT IS NOT YOUR POLICY" you need RMA to get refund. Then she put me on hold and when she returned on the phone she told me its okay to use to use the same RMA. Should I believe her ??? This is good example for thier supervisors to tell their customer service representatives in the future, provide proper information, update your newsletter with current information about the device before sending them to customers via e-mail and DO NOT promise the customer one thing and then take it all back again.

modified review This review was modified by SportWolf on May 25 2014 03:33:43 PM

"Do not waste your money on this!!
I parked the car for 3 days and the website show that the car has been moving. I Look outside and the car is not. I call them and they said that because I parked between 2 min interval that they set up for me it will show that it is moving. So before I stop I have to look at my watch and see if I can park.

modified review This review was modified by Steidinger314331 on December 04 2013 08:16:02 AM

"This is another on of those your fault not our fault companies. I ordered a Trackport and it was not activated upon receipt. I called support three times before receiving a link to the tracking site. I could not track it from the site so called support again. Take it out, put it in, take the SIM card out, put it in, drive around, switch to another vehicle, drive around. They FINALLY decided to issue the RMA. I asked how fast they could ship the replacement and I was told when they received mine. They have my money for the unit, my money for a 6-month contract, I have a non-working unit and they dont trust me??? These people are total idiots and will not take any responsibility for screwing up."

"Brickhouse is a great site. The only issue I have is that their prices are a little more expensive than one can get sourcing from China, but at the end of the day they do provide added value. I don't know what the complaint before my post is on about that their support is bad. I've never experienced that before, and trust me, i'm no easy customer. Besides that, i've always received my orders within a reasonable time (considering i'm in South Africa and they're in the States) and any issues i've had (and yes there have been problems with products that are either due to damage in transit or manufacturer defects) they've been more than happy to fix the problem or replace the unit. I give them 5/5 in total, though 4/5 for pricing only."

"The real time gps isn't real time at all. When the gps is not in motion you can not locate the unit. At best you will know where the unit was 1 minute prior to stopping. In a city environment in 50 seconds you could travel a block or two! When the AD stated real time I thought this worked like an "On Star" system. This does not. It's false advertising. "

modified review This review was modified by hdlo on September 14 2013 07:02:00 PM

"This is the worse company to buy a product!!! Run…run…away from this garbage…
I purchased a product …received the product…and it did not work…
Calling customer service is a nightmare …you'll see…
I was asked to send the product back …
They received the product…but did not send a replacement back…
I guess they were trying to fix the on that did not work..
Calling customer service they give you a lot bull …saying the product was processed
yesterday (Sunday a non working day) then they change tho Monday…
On Monday late afternoon they created a shipping label …but the product was not delivered to UPS
They are trying to fix the garbage they sent me and ship it back to me…
But, I will refuse delivery and they will have to refund my money..
I put a stop payment in credit card…
I'm still waiting for the product to arrive …
This company is run by crooks…

"CAME ACROSS THIS SITE ONLINE SEEMED LEGIT AT THE TIME FROM ALL THE REVIEWS PROBABLY FAKE REVIEWS I WAS CHARGED MULTIPLE TIMES FOR THE ITEM THEY CLAIMED WAS CANCELLED ONCE RECIEVED THE ITEM IT WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED AND CUSTOMER SERVICE HUNG UP ON A ME A FEW TIME AND WHEN I DID GET THROUGH THEY TOLD ME THERES NO REFUNDS WHICH THERE WAS A 15 DAY REFUND NOTICE IN MY PACKAGE PLUS I WAS TOLD THERE WAS A FULL REFUND POLICY EITHER WAY IT WASNT WHAT I ORDERED ...EXAMPLE IF YOU ORDER A PIZZA AND A CHEESEBURGER SHOWS UP AND THE BUSINESS SAYS NO REFUNDS!LOL ITS HUMOROUS AS A BUSINESS EXECUTIVE THIS ISNT HOW WE DO BUSINESS IN 2013 SO OF COURSE I DEEM BRICKHOUSE SECURITY A FRAUD AS FAR AS NOW NOT WORRIED ON THE MONEY SPENT SURE IT WILL BE REFUNDED BY COUNTLESS HOURS OF LITIGATION AND DISPUTING THIS $600 PLUS THAT WAS STOLEN BY DECEPTION AND CHARGING TWICE IS REALLY JUST A SMALL ABOUT OF THE BUSINESS I WAS PLANNING ON GIVING THIS COMPANY "

modified review This review was modified by executivebusiness on May 30 2013 08:22:15 PM

"Purchased the GPS HCT Pro Tracking unit for one of our company trucks to try out before purchasing more. The HCT Pro is clearly advertised as having a 12 hour battery backup. This is one of the reasons we paid the extra money for this particular unit. Customer support obviously not local to the US was clueless and provided no answers. After having it professionally installed and two days later the devise was still not tracking online. We called customer support and they requested we take it back to the installer to check it was installed correctly. We never took it back because it magically started tracking two hours later and showed the locations from two days ago. The problem was on there end and it was not linked to the account properly. Now we are trying to get the latest problem fixed that we are on Eastern time and the tracking is set to Central Time, all time being displayed on the screen and reports are one hour off."

"The product SEEMS sturdy and the clarity of the videos are great...UNTIL your device malfunctions and then *poof* you realize that customer service is non-existant and they DO NOT stand behind their products. The SD slot reader was loosely soldered and the micro card became stuck. Nothing in Jesus's name could pull that sucker out. What a waste of money."

"I am extremely satified with my recent experience with BrickHouse Security. Ordering was easy, shipping was fast and I received a great product. I will definately recomment them."

""Whole-heartedly would NOT recommend this company. They will not stand behind their products. Despite the negative feedback I had heard, I took a chance on buying from them. In less than 6 months, my device failed.

When I contacted their support team, their response was "We do not do repairs here on devices and do not have a service to suggest." and their suggestions was to contact their sales department to purchase a new one. It is sad that people and companies do not take pride in their products or work anymore. Will definitely not do business with this company again!"

"HORRIBLE customer service and employees with poor attitudes with no desire to make you happy as a customer. I was appalled at the poor service and the bait and switch pricing. I called about purchasing another item and it was a bad experience. One rep will offer you free 2 days shipping and 30.00 off and then next will offer you free shipping with 15.00 off. I bought one item and would have been a repeat customer but NEVER again!!"

"I purchased a security camera from Brickhouse Security, and you cannot tell its a camera. At first I was skeptical that it would not work or I would not be able to operate the camera. After charging the device as instructed, I was able to record and view the pictures. I plan on using this item daily. The price was reasonable, and I plan to shop for other items in the near future. Also, the staff was very helpful and they did not try to sell me an expensive camera vs something that was needed."

BrickHouse Security is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BrickHouse Security is a merchant member
BrickHouse Security participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,911 merchant members.