Stores > BrickHouse Security

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.35/10 7.35/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.46/10 5.46/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.81/10 4.81/10

What is this?

"BrickHouse Security backed up their product I purchased with Excellent support! Thanks again to their 5 Star Representative "Allain Babas" for your patience & help in troubleshooting with me on this matter ~Bruce Abercrombie, North Carolina, USA"

This review was modified by Abercrombies on November 25 2015 09:12:36 AM

"I purchased a GPS tracking unit (spark Nano 4) from Brickhouse. It did not activate when turned on. I followed the instructions to the letter and tried for a couple days to make sure that it just wasn't a delay. I called their offices and explained my problem. the told me it was due tot he sim card not being correct and they would overnight me a new sim card. I then receive an email stating that my unit has been activated and I should be able to use it. to call them if it does not show on tracking. Of course it does not show on tracking, how could it. I had it turned off in my desk at work. So the email was a complete lie! They still have not corrected the issue and I keep getting a run around when I call. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING!!!"

This review was modified by JCManns on November 17 2015 06:24:02 AM
Rep reply posted Nov-17-2015

brickhouse1, BrickHouse Security rep has responded

“It was great speaking with you earlier. Again, we do apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may have experienced in getting your device to work for almost 2 weeks. I'm glad we were able to fix it and got your device tracking as it should. As discussed, we are giving you 1 month extension for the service as a compensation. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.”

"I was promised that my order would be shipped via overnight UPS (which I paid for) and was told the same by the customer service representative, as the timing of my order was very important. The order never arrived and they don't know when it will be shipped, which is a very big issue. I would have purchase the unit at one of the other on-line retailers who had it in stock and ready for delivery."

This review was modified by markmaduras on November 12 2015 04:33:01 PM
Rep reply posted Nov-17-2015

brickhouse1, BrickHouse Security rep has responded

“We just wanted to follow up with you after our previous discussion. Please accept our apologies as the information provided to you about the shipping at the time that you ordered was not at all accurate. We had this addressed directly with the agent involved to ensure we maintain the level of quality which we expect from our team.
At this time, the amount you have paid for the shipping was refunded in full. Once we receive the item that you return, we will also process a credit for that.
Thank you for your patience and we sincerely appreciate your understanding with us in this matter.”

"I would like to commend Ms. Colon for her great efforts in solving the problem I had with one of BrickHouse Security's products. Her excellent knowledge of the product and its operation made it easy to go about solving the problem. She got out of her way and went the extra mile to be sure that the problem was taken care of. Ms. Colon is a great asset to BrickHouse Security.
BrickHouse Security should be proud to have Ms. Colon as an employee.

Let me first off say I did not purchase the product from Brick House Security, I was giving the product from a private detective. The lack of communication at Brick House is shocking, they have no clue what is going on. I wanted the tracker for our company truck and all I needed to do was transfer the service to my name. The Private Detective contacted Brick House Security 3 times giving them approval to transfer the service in my name 9/12-9/18. She even copied me on the e-mails she sent them from proof. Whenever I called to see why it wasn't working they had no clue what was going on and I spent HOURS on the phone with them.

Then we got the transfer......on 9/18/15. Haven't been able to get it to work since. Again, multiple calls and HOURS on the phone I did what the last resort was, try it in a different car. Well that didn't work either so I called them. Come to find out, it wasn't compatible with the company truck or my personal car. I spoke with 4 people today with the worst customer service and 2 hours of my work day gone. So this is how it went...
First person, called to tell them it didn't work in the second car. They then tell me it doesn't work with my vehicles and that I need a different one. He told me that I could exchange it for just the price difference of another one. Well I was asking him specs about the other one and he couldn't give me a straight answer. He told me it would stay charged for up to 6 months. But from what I was reading on the website it stated something different. So I questioned him. He couldn't give me a directed answer so then he transferred me to a nice lady in sales. She answered my question and told me that one would only last a week charged that I actually needed a HCT Micro. She told me I could do the transfer to but she had to transfer me back to the department I started at. So then comes the third guy, Lino Viola. He then tells me I can't transfer for the price difference and I need another device. After arguing and him talking to his supervisor he told me he could give me a new device for $90. I then told him I had multiple companies and he knocked it to $70 still no refund on the previous month of service that I was unable to use. I told him..."Fine, cancel everything refund my money or I will dispute the monthly service through American Express, and I will take my business elsewhere." Phone call ended.
Then he called me back saying he would do the $30 price difference for the new device but not going to refund me for unused service the previous month. I asked to speak to his manager or supervisor and he kept telling me that he talked the manager or supervisor himself. I told him I didn't care because I wanted to talk to them. He never wanted to transfer me, which is funny he kept putting me on hold to talk to them but when I wanted to talk to them they were "busy." So I got the name CJ from Lino. He told me he was going to put me on a call list but at this point I didn't believe him. He kept trying to get me to make a decision I told him I was not accepting or declining until I talked to CJ. After we parted ways I called Brick House Back and asked for CJ, she was busy but she did call me back. She told me she would do the $30 device difference but not refund me for the past month of service I could never get to work. I told her to cancel everything and I would go somewhere else.
I went to LINXUP. I actually talked to an english speaking representative and there phones were clear and they were so helpful.

"this company is a rip off the customer service is a joke"

"The original shipment arrived as requested within 48 hours for my flashback. The problem was the device was defective. I called customer service and promptly mailed it back via UPS. It took 7 days to get it back to the factory. Now I'm still waiting for the replacement. I needed the device immediately and now I'm without. I originally paid for next day service which turned into 3-4 week delivery time. First time customer and extremely disappointed. Note: the original order was on 20 Sep and item returned within 2 days. Still waiting on replacement. Paid $49.50 for 1 day service. Not happy at all. Fred"

"The young lady that helped me gave me the highest Customer Service Rating possible. She listened to what my issue was and understood my frustration. She never once said I cant . She assured me that she was going to send the new spark nano 4 and make sure it was shipped one day delivery to meet my needs. She was very calm and handled the situation very Professionally. She is an asset to your Company and I'm sure a great employee as well. Kudos to her Superb Customer Service. It' employees like this that keep Customers coming back and remaining Loyal. I apologize for not remembering her name....I have a hard time remembering names.
sincerely, Fred Giangrossi

"Katherine was a great help when purchasing my camera! She really knows your products and is an excellent member of your team! Thanks Katherine "

"The person I spoke with on the phone was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. "

" Had Anthony Rios has my sales rep got me on the right track really quick responded to everything quickly and was very informative and helpful great job all around "

"This company is ahead of the game when it come to mobile tracking systems"

"It was a pleasure shopping from your website. Very easy and smooth transaction."

"Reason for return:

This was a real bad experience. I called the store searching for a wifi camera that would provide streaming onto my home PC at a different location. I spoke to Derek. We spoke for a real long time about what I needed. I made it perfectly clear what was looking for. I repeatedly told him I needed a camera that I could view from home on my PC. He told me no problem. He said it could view from my PC and Smart phone. Since I do not have a Smart Phone I was not concerned about viewing it on my phone. We were online together searching for what I wanted. This was the one, I was told. Without question. I again reiterated my need to view from my PC. No problem. I purchased it with the trust that your sales person was telling the truth.

The next day I ordered two more with Anthony who told me the same thing. When I received them, I went to hooking them up. Feeling real good about my purchase because I have a mentally disabled brother who is suspected of being sexually abused and we needed to make sure. I needed it THAT DAY. .I called for help in setting it up. I was then told that this cam did not stream to a PC. I could only do it through my Smart phone, which I do not have. Never was I told this prior to purchase. Imagine my surprise. After all I was told and all I talked about to not one but two sales people and both sold me the wrong thing. I was put on hold because the tech person went to question Derek and came back with the same thing. Could stream from PC. I was disgusted that a company would play a customer like that. In my desperation to get something working that day, I decided to try to use my tablet. That’s when the real mess began.

The first person I spoke to had a little idea, had me on the phone for almost an hour, he was the one who called Derek. The call disconnected at some point. I had to call back. Of course, I got another person. The second person did not have a clue and kept putting me on hold I then asked for a supervisor to no avail. She put me on hold. I called back. The third person had a real deep accent I could hardly make out what she was saying and to get or give instructions would be a problem and I was already heated, so I asked to speak to a American and she repeated my request and then hung up on me. The fourth pretended to be a supervisor when I asked for one but I told him I wanted someone else and he promised that a supervisor would call me. I needed someone right away. I did receive a call but it was the next day on my home number after I gave them the number to reach me at and they knew I was not home because everyone I talked to knew my dilemma, In fact, it was more insulting that I had to repeat myself every single time I talked to someone. Then someone emailed me the instructions, the same instructions that came with the camera, as though I was an idiot. The same instructions that they could not help me with. Really?

So, I am returning these cameras, unused because no one on your tech could help me steam them even after I had gotten over the fact that I was lied to twice. Both sales people, I know, received commission, they need it taken away and penalized for lying to the customer to make a sale.

I am outdone and hopefully, I will never need to purchase another thing from your company.

Rep reply posted Aug-19-2015

BrickHouseSecurity, BrickHouse Security rep has responded

“We've tried to get in touch with you about this situation, but as of yet have not been able to reach you. We hope you received our email earlier this week. We sincerely regret the experience you had with us on this order. It is obvious from your review that our team needs more training on this new product and our sales and tech managers have been notified of what happened so that they can address this not only with the individuals who spoke with you directly, but our entire teams to make sure there is no more confusion in regards to this item. We are also conducting a full audit of how your calls were handled so that we can take action as needed. We sincerely apologize again for all of the inconvenience you went through on this order. Please feel free to reply to the email we sent you on Monday if you would like to discuss this with us further or need any assistance with returning these items.”

"My order came on time however was missing backplate on camera. Called and was promised one sent overnight delivery. Discovered that camera view was not true side view and called back. Was Told warehouse Employees Will Ensure Proper Side View And Mail OVERNIGHT Delivery. I did not receive product when promised. Tracking reflects 2 day delivery. Why would you do that to me? I had to wait over a weekend to begin with. It's now been 4 days since I received my defective product. Tomorrow will be 5 days. That's unacceptable. It remains to be seen if the warehouse personal actually fixed the camera to have true side view. I was told they would open product and make professional repairs. At this point, I am doubting that promise."

Share BrickHouse Security's store rating

BrickHouse Security is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BrickHouse Security is a merchant member
BrickHouse Security participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,678 merchant members.