• BrickHouse Secu

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.57/10 7.57/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.98/10 5.98/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.21/10 5.21/10

What is this?

"The original shipment arrived as requested within 48 hours for my flashback. The problem was the device was defective. I called customer service and promptly mailed it back via UPS. It took 7 days to get it back to the factory. Now I'm still waiting for the replacement. I needed the device immediately and now I'm without. I originally paid for next day service which turned into 3-4 week delivery time. First time customer and extremely disappointed. Note: the original order was on 20 Sep and item returned within 2 days. Still waiting on replacement. Paid $49.50 for 1 day service. Not happy at all. Fred"

"The young lady that helped me gave me the highest Customer Service Rating possible. She listened to what my issue was and understood my frustration. She never once said I cant . She assured me that she was going to send the new spark nano 4 and make sure it was shipped one day delivery to meet my needs. She was very calm and handled the situation very Professionally. She is an asset to your Company and I'm sure a great employee as well. Kudos to her Superb Customer Service. It' employees like this that keep Customers coming back and remaining Loyal. I apologize for not remembering her name....I have a hard time remembering names.
sincerely, Fred Giangrossi

"Katherine was a great help when purchasing my camera! She really knows your products and is an excellent member of your team! Thanks Katherine "

"The person I spoke with on the phone was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. "

" Had Anthony Rios has my sales rep got me on the right track really quick responded to everything quickly and was very informative and helpful great job all around "

"This company is ahead of the game when it come to mobile tracking systems"

"It was a pleasure shopping from your website. Very easy and smooth transaction."

"Reason for return:

This was a real bad experience. I called the store searching for a wifi camera that would provide streaming onto my home PC at a different location. I spoke to Derek. We spoke for a real long time about what I needed. I made it perfectly clear what was looking for. I repeatedly told him I needed a camera that I could view from home on my PC. He told me no problem. He said it could view from my PC and Smart phone. Since I do not have a Smart Phone I was not concerned about viewing it on my phone. We were online together searching for what I wanted. This was the one, I was told. Without question. I again reiterated my need to view from my PC. No problem. I purchased it with the trust that your sales person was telling the truth.

The next day I ordered two more with Anthony who told me the same thing. When I received them, I went to hooking them up. Feeling real good about my purchase because I have a mentally disabled brother who is suspected of being sexually abused and we needed to make sure. I needed it THAT DAY. .I called for help in setting it up. I was then told that this cam did not stream to a PC. I could only do it through my Smart phone, which I do not have. Never was I told this prior to purchase. Imagine my surprise. After all I was told and all I talked about to not one but two sales people and both sold me the wrong thing. I was put on hold because the tech person went to question Derek and came back with the same thing. Could stream from PC. I was disgusted that a company would play a customer like that. In my desperation to get something working that day, I decided to try to use my tablet. That’s when the real mess began.

The first person I spoke to had a little idea, had me on the phone for almost an hour, he was the one who called Derek. The call disconnected at some point. I had to call back. Of course, I got another person. The second person did not have a clue and kept putting me on hold I then asked for a supervisor to no avail. She put me on hold. I called back. The third person had a real deep accent I could hardly make out what she was saying and to get or give instructions would be a problem and I was already heated, so I asked to speak to a American and she repeated my request and then hung up on me. The fourth pretended to be a supervisor when I asked for one but I told him I wanted someone else and he promised that a supervisor would call me. I needed someone right away. I did receive a call but it was the next day on my home number after I gave them the number to reach me at and they knew I was not home because everyone I talked to knew my dilemma, In fact, it was more insulting that I had to repeat myself every single time I talked to someone. Then someone emailed me the instructions, the same instructions that came with the camera, as though I was an idiot. The same instructions that they could not help me with. Really?

So, I am returning these cameras, unused because no one on your tech could help me steam them even after I had gotten over the fact that I was lied to twice. Both sales people, I know, received commission, they need it taken away and penalized for lying to the customer to make a sale.

I am outdone and hopefully, I will never need to purchase another thing from your company.

Rep reply posted Aug-19-2015

BrickHouseSecurity, BrickHouse Security rep has responded

“We've tried to get in touch with you about this situation, but as of yet have not been able to reach you. We hope you received our email earlier this week. We sincerely regret the experience you had with us on this order. It is obvious from your review that our team needs more training on this new product and our sales and tech managers have been notified of what happened so that they can address this not only with the individuals who spoke with you directly, but our entire teams to make sure there is no more confusion in regards to this item. We are also conducting a full audit of how your calls were handled so that we can take action as needed. We sincerely apologize again for all of the inconvenience you went through on this order. Please feel free to reply to the email we sent you on Monday if you would like to discuss this with us further or need any assistance with returning these items.”

"My order came on time however was missing backplate on camera. Called and was promised one sent overnight delivery. Discovered that camera view was not true side view and called back. Was Told warehouse Employees Will Ensure Proper Side View And Mail OVERNIGHT Delivery. I did not receive product when promised. Tracking reflects 2 day delivery. Why would you do that to me? I had to wait over a weekend to begin with. It's now been 4 days since I received my defective product. Tomorrow will be 5 days. That's unacceptable. It remains to be seen if the warehouse personal actually fixed the camera to have true side view. I was told they would open product and make professional repairs. At this point, I am doubting that promise."

"i love the items i've purchased and plan to order again. the directions are easy to read and follow."

"Absolutely the worst User's Guide I have ever seen. It doesn't explain crap. I have returned one camera that I guess was defective. I have also talked to two of your customer support people and they were of little help- I couldn't understand them at all. I will call again today to try to do step 4 in your User Guide. I am on the verge of sending this device back to you and asking for my money back. To date this whole exercise has been a waste of my time."

"Placed an order and paid for overnight shipping - item was defective and dead on arrival. Tech support was useless. Asked for a replacement to be shipped overnight for morning delivery - they refused - asked for a manager - same response - no morning shipping. Wasted 4 hours with tech support, 45 minutes talking to "customer service" and a "manager" and got nowhere - returning the product - Purchased from them previously and had to return a defective product also. They dont test before they ship - stuff is made in china and they mark-up big time, with no customer service or quality control."

"Very disappointed the camera did not come with basic memory card to function and does not take ordinary memory card has to be formatted with hardware I don't have. 200 dollars down the drain"

"When I received my first security camera, I was surprise at how large it was. My fault, I should have read the specs better. When I called the customers service about an exchange for another camera, the service rep, Sandra, was very helpful in correcting my problem. I received the return label within an hour of my conversation and was able to return ship the package. My new camera is now on the way. Hopefully I didn't screw up again."

"You are a huge rip off I purchased a tracker and had 30 days to return it, never used it and was told that it was not re salable, I never used it never activated it. first I was told not return, then I was told 30% restocking fee then I was told when I read the back of my invoice it was only 20% I also was informed by email that I had a 30 day free trail on the subscription but was charged 29.99 4 days after I ordered the device. I called to cancel that as well but was told that they were cancelling so I would not be charged next month.

could not speak to a manager was dealing with someone overseas

Rep reply posted Jul-16-2015

BrickHouseSecurity, BrickHouse Security rep has responded

“We just wanted to follow up with you after our previous discussion. We apologize again for the experience you had on this return. I have already audited the calls and had this addressed directly with the agent who handled your concern. While we do have policies in place and list GPS as non-refundable items once they have been used, this obviously didn't apply to you and you should not have been given a hard time when trying to return this. At this time the amount you paid for the device and the service have been refunded in full as we previously discussed. We sincerely appreciate your understanding with us in this matter.”

Share BrickHouse Security's store rating

BrickHouse Security is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BrickHouse Security is a merchant member
BrickHouse Security participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,690 merchant members.