• BrickHouse Secu

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.48/10 6.48/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.41/10 6.41/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10

What is this?

"Great service. Shipping was prompt and accurate. Have not tried out my device yet, bit based on the service so far I'm sure it will work as stated. Thank you."

"I am extremely disappointed in this company & I still do not have my purchase working. I have called customer service twice and I am currently on hold again. When I ordered the product which is for my business I specifically asked for direct signature required. If that was not possible I would have had it shipped to another address. The package was signed not by me and delivered to my office by another colleague. I called again today trying to get someone in technical support since the product is not working. On both calls I got someone in the Philippines! I requested for US technical support and was told they were busy and would call me when someone becomes available. I have been on hold again (which has been way over 10 min.) as I now write this review. This product should have been up and working days ago! Was on hold for 20 min with no one answering in technical support. I have just hung up!

May 5, 2015: I did receive a phone call this morning at 9:51 am from BrickHouse Security. I spoke with a representative for just over 4 min. She informed me that she would be sending me an email with some instructions to "format" my product which I received and followed. I asked to have someone please follow up with me by phone today between 1 & 2 PM EST. The representative confirmed someone would call me back. I have not heard from BrickHouse or their technical support and my product is still not operating as of this evening at 5:50 PM.

modified review Rep reply posted May-05-2015

BrickHouseSecurity, BrickHouse Security rep has responded

“As per our conversation this morning we are having a tech specialist contact you later today between 1-2pm to assist you with getting your device up and running. We apologize again for the long wait time you experienced yesterday when trying to call us. In regards to the UPS issue, your package was shipped with a signature requirement. Unfortunately UPS will let anyone available at the delivery address sign for the package and does not have an option for us to restrict signatures. We sincerely apologize if the sales agent who took your order did not explain this to you and we will make sure this is addressed.”

"Ordered the product on the 4/14/15 with specific shipping instructions. BrickHouse could not accommodate the request. After spending to much time on the phone with your foreign Customer Service Call Center i requested the item be shipped to my home. The CS agent assured me this would be no problem. 2 weeks went by with no delivery. On 4/30/15 i inquired about the piece and was informed it was approved for shipping. What would have happened had i not inquired?"

"Anthony did a great job thanks!"

"Mr.Laig was very helpful and polite. Thankyou for replacing my device. Sincerely,
ALB

"This was my first experience with BHS and I was very pleased with the assistance. I was unable to complete order online and phoned in for help. John A responded to my issue and provided informed replies to my inquiries. I felt very confident that the items ordered would meet my security needs. I am providing this review in response to the link on the email I received. I welcomed the opportunity to provide positive feedback to a pleasant experience. "

"I ordered a shipment on 20 early morning and paid 50$ extra for next day shipment! And what do I get? The shipment reached me on 23. 20 was Monday and 23 was Thursday!! Do u call that 1 business day delivery???

On top of that they did not deliver to where I live and decided to hold the shipment and send only email and not calling

On top of that, I don't have a car so I had to rent taxi to get to the nearest UPS store to get my shipment and that costed me extra 100$ For the taxi

I order something for 300$ and pay 50$ extra for fast delivery and what do I get?!

LATE DELIVERY & 100$ extra charge for the taxi

You decide now, how will was your service ????????

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-23-2015

BrickHouseSecurity, BrickHouse Security rep has responded

“We reviewed your order to see what happened here and we do see that the order had to be put on hold which delayed the shipment. This was due to issues with both the billing and shipping addresses being used on the order and we sent notification to you via email about these concerns. For security as well as legal reasons we cannot process an order if the billing address used does not match with the credit card used to purchase the order. We also have a policy in that we do not ship to hotels due to many previous instances of lost or stolen packages when shipping to them. In this scenario we typically suggest delivering instead to a UPS location for pick up if you do not have an alternate address which we can ship to. Unfortunately the order had to stay on hold until these issues with the order were resolved with you, but it did ship with the requested one day service once the hold was removed. We sincerely apologize for any inconvience this caused.

Best regards,

Katie”

"I am extremely disappointed they just care about selling you their products but when it comes to customer service they don't care just try calling technical support you will be there waiting a list for an hour and most likely they won't fix any issue you may have with your devise... the best way to describe this company is UNRELIABLE and irresponsible one thing is for sure you will be charge for the service even if you don't get the service "

"Excellent service, Mr Rios was very pleasant, patient and helpful, he answered all of my concerns and assured me that the brick house team will always be there to give me the support I may require with my purchase. I give Mr Rios a perfect 10 score."

"Brickhouse Security combines safety and inventiveness at an affordable price."

"Extremely unprofessional!

I order an item paying with Paypal. I waited as long time, hearing nothing from them beyond initial order confirmation.

After I sent a message asking for the status of my order, they told me the item was discontinued.

So I went back and selected an item of slightly lower value and asked if they could substitute. They agreed to substitute the item an refund the difference. (I had to email twice to get this response.)

Then after that message the next day I get another statement that my new item is discontinued. Same day, I hear from another rep who tells me that I have to contact Paypal for a refund.

Excuse me? At this point, I should have had an immediate full refund at least. But telling someone to go to the payment handler for a refund? That's like saying I needed to dispute the transaction with my credit card company if I had paid that way!
Why is this Paypal's deal.

On this advice I did the only thing I could by starting a dispute.
Brickhouse could easily have read the dispute and closed it by agreeing to refund my money. Instead they ignored it for over a week. No choice but to escalate.

Thank goodness for Paypal buyer protection from shady companies like this.

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-10-2015

BrickHouseSecurity, BrickHouse Security rep has responded

“We made sure that you were refunded in full for your cancelled order when we first saw this review. We would like to apologize again that on top of the inconvenience you experienced in the items being unavailable you then were given that response on how to receive a refund for your cancelled order. This was not handled correctly at all by the rep who advised you that you needed to go through PayPal to get refunded and we have taken action to ensure that this does not happen again.

Best regards,

Katie”

"Adrienne, was absolutely fantastic. She answered every question I had without hesitation. I wish every agent I have (and will) speak with in the future had or has the knowledge of their products as this young lady.

Paul Lyday

"BrickHouse lies about getting Items out for shipping. I paid $50 for next day air but they failed to get the product shipped that day even though it was ordered at 10am eastern when their site states if you order before 1am eastern it will ship the same day. This makes my package arrive on MONDAY and not FRIDAY. Really Awesome to pay $50 shipping for an item needed next day that doesn't arrive for 4 days. 3 days later than when I needed it. I will be returning the item and out $50 shipping."

"This was my first time ordering from brick house security. I was very excited at first and had intended on buying five more of the hidden cam radio alarm clock for other rooms of the house and sone for my family. Not being familiar with what I need I spoke to customer service about what would be the best fit for what I needed. I had explained that the item I need was very time sensitive as I was taking a trip and had to leave my child behind for the first time ever and wanted to make sure she was being taken care of adequately. The customer service rep suggested that I pay for the overnight shipping to guarantee that it would be here the next day. So I ordered said item and paid over 30.00 in shipping cost. The next day I checked the tracking number and saw that it wasn't going to be delivered for several more days!!! I was extremely upset of course and called customer service. I requested to speak to the same person that had taken my order, as we had talked in great length. They told me that customer service agent would call me back within 20 min. I waited 6hours and when still hearing nothing I called again! Now at this point feeling very nervous about this transaction and feeling slightly disrespected. I spoke to a new agent who told me they did not know why this customer service rep wouldn't call me back but that he would try and fix said issues. They saw that I had indeed paid for overnight shipping and for some unknown reason the rep had chosen regular ground shipping that takes up to 5days, in my case it took 4 when I paid for 1. They did send out another hidden cam to be overnighted to get to me before I left for my trip that day but I had to delay trip bc it didn't come in time. I was very disappointed to pay for something and not get what was promised in return. It felt very sketchy to me and frustrating. I did appreciate the new customer service person trying to make it right but the damage was already done bc it was supposed to be delivered that day and instead I had to order another to get it the following day and on top of that when the original came in I had to take the time to ship it back. I haven't received these items yet so don't have a review for the product which I'm not sure I will even keep now if it doesn't come on time for the purpose I needed it for. But as far as customer service goes tashann lynch did make a mistake after charging me for a rather expensive overnight shipping and sent it standard mail instead, and then I felt further disrespected when he would not return my call after two messages and promises from his coworkers that he would do so. I hope this isn't something that happens often as now I am very skeptical about buying from these guys again..."

"Customer service is outstanding ! Adrienne Evangelista was my rep and she was so nice and patient ( I had a knock on the door and another call as I was with her and she was right there when I was done , just as nice . I bought a hd keychain camera and she was really helpful in my order step by step . Definitely recommend brickhouse to anyone looking for home security and surveillance .. ( Rick from Houston )"

Share BrickHouse Security's store rating

BrickHouse Security is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BrickHouse Security is a merchant member
BrickHouse Security participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,837 merchant members.