Stores > Brault et Martineau

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-10-26

Send a technician for NOTHING

"We purchased a Grey Upholstered Sectional Sofa SKU: 00312574, in May, and come October, it is as though the couch spring (on the side that detaches to make the L shape) has been worn and torn for 10 years. It makes such a loud noise when anyone sits or gets up from it, even when the dog moves around on it! I have only had this couch for 5 months!! how could this be??! we barely use that side as it has been deemed the dog's place, and she weighs 50 lbs. there is no way that she could have destroyed a spring. SO i called B&M because i have a warranty on this product, and sure enough, when the 'technician' came, he said, 'oh yes, i have seen this couch 4 times this week... all you have to do is stick something in the middle of where the couch meets and itll fix your problem.' NOT A GOOD ANSWER. this couch wasnt cheap, and we spent over 1799 on it. I would think that they would have a better answer than that. and sure enough, that didnt fix the issue because it is still making the noise...

VERY UNSATISFIED.

2016-07-27

Terrible customer service

"The mattress I purchased from Brault & Martineau is great, but the customer service in this place is the worst there is. They advertise Comfort Guarantee 90 days mattress trial, and even though on their website it says "Comfort guarantee (a no-fee 90-day trial period for mattresses)" the salesman would only enable it if I'd buy a mattress cover from their B&M store. I told the salesman that I didn't like their cover and wanted to buy one at Sears instead, because on the website it doesn't say that the cover has to be purchased specifically from Brault & Martineau. I showed it to the manager of the store, who looked very shady, and he would just ignore it. On the invoice, they wrote 90 days trial is not included, because I didn't buy the cover, even though I bought high quality expensive cover at Sears. A quote from their website: "When you purchase your mattress, you must also a mattress cover of the same size."
I bought the full height mattress box spring, and wanted to exchange for the half-height one. The sales man tells me that because I didn't get the 90 days trial, I'd have to pay the delivery fee, which I ended up paying. Will never buy from this place again.

2016-05-26

Incomprehensible customer service!!!

"I bought a washer dryer set and received everything in one piece, however for some crazy luck the Stacking Kit they brought with them was missing a bracket to stack the dryer onto the washer. The installer told me they reported the piece missing and now a Technician is going call when they get the piece and come finish the install. I was ok with that, **** happens, but my god it wasn't that easy. No, apparently I am the one who has to call Whirlpool and order the piece myself!!! Can you F'ing believe that. I buy a kit from B&M that isn't complete and I am the one that has to call around to fix it. just got a hold of Whirlpool after 4 days of non stop calling between customer service and the installers and you knwo what the whirlpool people are telling me... I HAVE TO FUCKING GET B&M TO ORDER THE PIECE!!! otherwise, since I didn't order it directly through whirlpool, I have to pay fir the kit... THE F'ING KIT I ALREADY BOUGHT!!!

Needless to say I'm a little frustrated. 100% would never buy anything from B&M again!

This review was modified by Chris.a.fern on May 26 2016 10:20:11 AM

2016-04-29

horrible

"To start off they called us 2 times to tell us that our sofa washer dryer and TV would come in between 12 and 4:45. The day of the delivery they called at 4 to say they just started the the shipments that there was 5 be for us. Yes I lost the whole day waitting for them. They came it's was 8 at night and I had to work at 5 (changed my shift for them) I called the director who told me to not to worry if I could get someone to just be at the house to sign and I would check for damage the next day. I thank him as it was a kind and right thing to do. The day after I found my sofa broke called right away to be told to take pictures and I will get a call from repairs. I don't understand why repairs would call me if I got the sofa broken they should just change it for me (I also bought the insurance). The day the repair has to come he says he can't he's sick and there no one else that work!!!! When we called the store the director says it was our fault that we did not check it the day of. DON'T NOT ORDER FROM THEM HORRIBLE!!!!!!"

This review was modified by alexiavelazquez on April 29 2016 08:26:56 AM

2016-03-17

Exchange your exchange. The 3 sofas in 7 months.

"After my home flooded my insurance company sent me to buy new furniture. We Bought a leather sectional at b&m 7 months ago. The chaise collapsed while a guest was sitting in it. Called to have a replacement, that took over a month to have delivered, upon arrival of the new sofa while it was being unpackaged the delivery team advised us that the new sofa was defective. It was ripped on the top cushion. We refused the new sectional and the delivery team brought back my old sofa while I had to wait for another sectional to be delivered but upon bringing in my old sectional the delivery team ripped the leather. So now I have a broken ripped sofa and while trying to call customer service and the exchange department, which is worthless, the problem has still not been solved. 3 couches in 7 months. I'll never buy from them again and I will be sure to let others know my story and that I do not recommend Brault and martineau. I also intend to notify my insurance company in hopes that they will look into the situation and hopefully not send anymore customers to do business with Brault et martineau. Replacing your loses after a flood should not be handled in such a manner. Horrible service. Horrible quality. Extremely dissatisfied. "

This review was modified by Mom87 on March 17 2016 08:27:45 AM

2015-11-25

"We bought a brand new Samsung front load washer and dryer from Brault & Marneau. They were delivered and we hooked them up and found that the washing machine was not working. When the spin cycle was on, the machine would shake and then stop spinning. We called Brault & Martineau and immediately asked for a replacement machine and a refund. Brault & Martineau arranged for a Samsung technician to come and inspect it. The Samsung technician found that our brand new, never been used washing machine had a broken spin tub. To us it seemed logical that Brault & Martineau would take away this broken washing machine and bring us a new working one. Unfortunately, that is not what happened. Both Brault & Martineau and Samsung refused to replace the washing machine and Brault & Martineau refused to give us a refund. We tried everything – calling both Brault & Martineau and Samsung every day, multiple visits to Brault & Martineau. The only thing they would agree to is to repair it. A repair on a brand new machine that we have never even used! Brault & Martineau has the most ridiculous idea of customer service. They did not even care that we have made thousands of dollars of purchases over the past 12 years – appliances, couches, dining room set, bedroom set. Well congratulations Brault & Martineau, you have succeeded in losing two good customers. We will never shop at your store again."

2015-04-17

"this company is a time waster they only selling broken stuff to people and they take a month to replace them I will never go buy to this company never again "

This review was modified by beyoncehilton on April 17 2015 04:17:33 PM

2014-04-23

"I completely agree. on Jan/25/2014 I bought a 7 piece table set from Brault and Martineau for $1170. They said it will take 2 weeks to receive it. Finally in March/20 the set arrived......Late!! The table was broken!!! I called them and explained the problem, then had to wait over a week to get a replacement.
I finally assembled everything and as soon as I sat on one of the chairs it simply broke !!! I called customer service again and only after 2 weeks a serviceman arrived, he inspected the chair and deemed it defective from the factory. he said that he will come back in a week to replace the broken part. a week later I received a call from a sarcastic employee telling me that the piece will be ordered and should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks and that I will have to assemble it myself ?! I told him that this is unacceptable and he then turned around saying that he has to terminate this conversation because I am aggressive ?!?! unbelievable terrible service I wish I had know in advance of their terrible business practices and I would have NEVER done my purchase there in the first place !!! NEVER AGAIN !!! WORST STORE EVER !!!

This review was modified by derekgeorge on April 23 2014 10:47:28 AM

2014-02-01

"We went to buy a tV made of wood , was advised that it was arriving Dec 6 & it was coming from Vancouver. We waited & I called only to find out it was pushed to 1st week of January . It was ok since we had the Xmas tree. When it was suppose to come, they call saying its been delayed. I lost it . I made a formal complaint and wanted to know if they actually ordered the product & name of their supplier. the next day someone called me to discuss & we found out that the product was not coming from Vancouver but from Brazil., They refused to give me the name of their supplier but kept advising that it was coming a week later., The lady tried to help but her hands were tied. Then 2 week later they call again only to try to push the receiving time again. I started screaming saying I wanted the floor model but NO we can't do that , because they want to continue selling their so call product until they have enough to actually make the order.I told them either give me my money back or the floor plan. they opted for the funds & lost another customer. We went to J.C Perreault & they had a similar TV stand & they gave us the floor model as it was not in stock.. Imagine B + M refused to give floor model yet another company more than willing to give the floor model to retain a client. Big difference in Customer service. I will never go back to Brault & Martineau. again..."

This review was modified by nnj01 on February 01 2014 04:32:00 PM

2013-11-23

"We purchased a Love seat and 2 recliners with a $200.00 Plus Taxes Magi-seal treatment(stain guard)When we found out that it had to be sprayed in our home we cancelled the treatment.. Then requested our money be returned,(LARGE NO TO THAT).. After a visit and plenty of phone calls they agreed to return half $115.00.. They have refused to return the other half..All I'm getting now is The run around..Left on the phone waiting .."

This review was modified by FrankTaylor on November 23 2013 07:48:50 PM

2013-07-16

"An absolute joke. They take your money and promise a delivery date somewhere down the line. Each time the date approaches they call you and push it back farther. The end result is that they take your money and you never get the product....a total scam"

This review was modified by mstlaurent on July 16 2013 07:38:12 AM

2013-07-01

"Bought a leather sofa from Brault & Martineau, Lasalle, Montreal location back in 2009 Boxing day, just after first year the sofa started to show signs of cracks and soon started flaking. I was shocked and surprised with the quality of the product sold by B&T as we barely used the sofa by that time and have no pets. Called their customer service to complain about the flaking, they were least interested and started snowballing that the product has past its 12 months warranty. Well, I learnt my lesson and pledged that never again in future will buy any product from Brault & Martineau and strongly recommend to do so to any one I know."

This review was modified by wolverineMTL on July 01 2013 10:45:39 PM

2013-05-29

"Bought a fake leather recliner. After a couple of weeks the chair started to have bumps and was not comfortable. Complained and they sent 2 guys to look at it. They said it was not made properly and that I should ask for a new one. I decided to pay extra and get a "better one", It was over double the price. I got delivery of that one on a Friday and on Monday I called to complain. They sent a man two weeks later. He told me that it is not repairable and that I should get another one. I went to the store and they received authorization for a return as it was defective. I could not find one that I would not have to put an additional $400. I decided that I did not want this chair at all and that I wanted a refund. They declined saying THERE IS NO REFUND. They will send me another chair, but after 2 times I decided that I did not want this chair. The quality is not good, the construction, the comfort. It is horrible for my back. I then requested a "CREDIT NOTE" to purchase something in the future and was declined unless I buy something right away. I did not need anything immediately and was not ready to spend $500 for nothing. Finally, after a lot of talking.... I finally got a credit to spend in 30 days. Lucky me. BUT, they will NOT pick up the chair until I decide what I want for the exchange. Only then will they pick up the chair. That does not make any sense. Just pick up the chair and give me the credit note. I would NEVER go to Brault & Martineau again. Their customer service is non-existant. No one is there to help the customer, they are there to rip off the customer. Their quality of merchandise is seconds, rejects, and very low quality."

This review was modified by elaine150 on May 29 2013 02:40:45 PM

2012-11-26

"What a terrible experience, I attempted to purchasing a washing machine from these people and it proved to be hell.

The product never ended up getting delivered and now I'm working on getting my credit card refunded. Zero customer service and no interest in helping customers what so ever.

2012-11-12

"the worst experience ever, NEVER AGAIN , i bought many things it's been 3 months and i haven't received everything yet. they come with either a wrong stuff or damaged they take it back and then i have to wait another 2-3 weeks. we signed that we received the dresser and it was packaged then when we opened the box it was damaged so they refused to return it... they were very nice before i paid and right after you get the most shitty service
too many bad things with this seller, not recommend it at all be careful

Share Brault et Martineau's store rating

Brault et Martineau is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Brault et Martineau is not a merchant member
Brault et Martineau does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!