"I completely agree. on Jan/25/2014 I bought a 7 piece table set from Brault and Martineau for $1170. They said it will take 2 weeks to receive it. Finally in March/20 the set arrived......Late!! The table was broken!!! I called them and explained the problem, then had to wait over a week to get a replacement.
I finally assembled everything and as soon as I sat on one of the chairs it simply broke !!! I called customer service again and only after 2 weeks a serviceman arrived, he inspected the chair and deemed it defective from the factory. he said that he will come back in a week to replace the broken part. a week later I received a call from a sarcastic employee telling me that the piece will be ordered and should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks and that I will have to assemble it myself ?! I told him that this is unacceptable and he then turned around saying that he has to terminate this conversation because I am aggressive ?!?! unbelievable terrible service I wish I had know in advance of their terrible business practices and I would have NEVER done my purchase there in the first place !!! NEVER AGAIN !!! WORST STORE EVER !!!

modified review This review was modified by derekgeorge on April 23 2014 10:47:28 AM

"We went to buy a tV made of wood , was advised that it was arriving Dec 6 & it was coming from Vancouver. We waited & I called only to find out it was pushed to 1st week of January . It was ok since we had the Xmas tree. When it was suppose to come, they call saying its been delayed. I lost it . I made a formal complaint and wanted to know if they actually ordered the product & name of their supplier. the next day someone called me to discuss & we found out that the product was not coming from Vancouver but from Brazil., They refused to give me the name of their supplier but kept advising that it was coming a week later., The lady tried to help but her hands were tied. Then 2 week later they call again only to try to push the receiving time again. I started screaming saying I wanted the floor model but NO we can't do that , because they want to continue selling their so call product until they have enough to actually make the order.I told them either give me my money back or the floor plan. they opted for the funds & lost another customer. We went to J.C Perreault & they had a similar TV stand & they gave us the floor model as it was not in stock.. Imagine B + M refused to give floor model yet another company more than willing to give the floor model to retain a client. Big difference in Customer service. I will never go back to Brault & Martineau. again..."

modified review This review was modified by nnj01 on February 01 2014 04:32:00 PM

"We purchased a Love seat and 2 recliners with a $200.00 Plus Taxes Magi-seal treatment(stain guard)When we found out that it had to be sprayed in our home we cancelled the treatment.. Then requested our money be returned,(LARGE NO TO THAT).. After a visit and plenty of phone calls they agreed to return half $115.00.. They have refused to return the other half..All I'm getting now is The run around..Left on the phone waiting .."

modified review This review was modified by FrankTaylor on November 23 2013 07:48:50 PM

"An absolute joke. They take your money and promise a delivery date somewhere down the line. Each time the date approaches they call you and push it back farther. The end result is that they take your money and you never get the product....a total scam"

modified review This review was modified by mstlaurent on July 16 2013 07:38:12 AM

"Bought a leather sofa from Brault & Martineau, Lasalle, Montreal location back in 2009 Boxing day, just after first year the sofa started to show signs of cracks and soon started flaking. I was shocked and surprised with the quality of the product sold by B&T as we barely used the sofa by that time and have no pets. Called their customer service to complain about the flaking, they were least interested and started snowballing that the product has past its 12 months warranty. Well, I learnt my lesson and pledged that never again in future will buy any product from Brault & Martineau and strongly recommend to do so to any one I know."

modified review This review was modified by wolverineMTL on July 01 2013 10:45:39 PM

"Bought a fake leather recliner. After a couple of weeks the chair started to have bumps and was not comfortable. Complained and they sent 2 guys to look at it. They said it was not made properly and that I should ask for a new one. I decided to pay extra and get a "better one", It was over double the price. I got delivery of that one on a Friday and on Monday I called to complain. They sent a man two weeks later. He told me that it is not repairable and that I should get another one. I went to the store and they received authorization for a return as it was defective. I could not find one that I would not have to put an additional $400. I decided that I did not want this chair at all and that I wanted a refund. They declined saying THERE IS NO REFUND. They will send me another chair, but after 2 times I decided that I did not want this chair. The quality is not good, the construction, the comfort. It is horrible for my back. I then requested a "CREDIT NOTE" to purchase something in the future and was declined unless I buy something right away. I did not need anything immediately and was not ready to spend $500 for nothing. Finally, after a lot of talking.... I finally got a credit to spend in 30 days. Lucky me. BUT, they will NOT pick up the chair until I decide what I want for the exchange. Only then will they pick up the chair. That does not make any sense. Just pick up the chair and give me the credit note. I would NEVER go to Brault & Martineau again. Their customer service is non-existant. No one is there to help the customer, they are there to rip off the customer. Their quality of merchandise is seconds, rejects, and very low quality."

modified review This review was modified by elaine150 on May 29 2013 02:40:45 PM

"What a terrible experience, I attempted to purchasing a washing machine from these people and it proved to be hell.

The product never ended up getting delivered and now I'm working on getting my credit card refunded. Zero customer service and no interest in helping customers what so ever.

"the worst experience ever, NEVER AGAIN , i bought many things it's been 3 months and i haven't received everything yet. they come with either a wrong stuff or damaged they take it back and then i have to wait another 2-3 weeks. we signed that we received the dresser and it was packaged then when we opened the box it was damaged so they refused to return it... they were very nice before i paid and right after you get the most shitty service
too many bad things with this seller, not recommend it at all be careful

"Worst experience Ever.
We bought a bedroom set with THE most expensive Mattress they have.
The bed squeaks when moving. They refused to repair or change
The mattress was received damaged, they refused to exchange.Claiming that we signed the reception ( the matress was truly received but it was covered and packaged !!)
1 or 2 month later the mattress started having permanent slumps were we sleep. Even that we try to turn it as much as possible.

"Do not purchase ANY electronics from this store as everything is refurbished. The sales people want the commission so in turn they tell you that you are purchasing brand new items when in fact they are NOT. I would advise people to buy TV's and electronics at either Futur Shop or BestBuy as it guaranteed that they are BRAND NEW "

"I bought a reclining loveseat from Brault Martineau. I loved it in the store but the one I got at home did not feel the same - especially when I reclined the sofa. After a couple of weeks, I asked the store if I could exchange the sofa and they said that all sales are final. I complained to customer service and then the best that they were willing to do is to take back the sofa but charge me 30% depreciation fee (plus delivery)!!! That is highway robbery and refused - I decided to keep a sofa with which I am not satisfied. Be careful before you purchase anything at Brault Martineau, since they will absolutely not accept returns."

"Friday November 4th, 2011

Purchased a Maytag "Commercial" Grade Washer/Dryer set from Brault & Martineau and was delivered today.
First sign of trouble was the delivery people who had a terrible attitude and started talking about
"insurance" blah blah blah when my wife asked for assistance to hook up the washer.

Then discovered a significant amount of water that was still in the washer. The power cord did not have
the white tie-wrap on it like the dryer power cord. My first impression was that it was a "used" unit
that was a return from another client.

Then when my wife did her first load of laundrey, the washer acted like it was possessed and
she could not complete the wash. She called Brault & Martineau and they told her it was no longer
their responsability and that she had to call Maytag.

What kind of store sells product and on the first day of ownership the product is found to be defective and
they claim no responsability? Sounds like another "Big-Box" Store SCAM to me.

So BUYER BEWARE: BRAULT & MARTINEAU are SCAM Artists that sell defective returns as if
they are new products and then claim no resposability afterwards.

Take your hard-earned money and buy somewhere else.

A final lesson to be learned: They hauled away our "working" older washer and dryer so we cannot
just return the washer and hook-up the old one but we have to go thru a repair process for a product
that is not even 24 hours old. lol

"THE SERVICE IS INTOLERABLE AND TREMENDOUSLY DISAPPOINTING!

We ordered a bed frame in January 2011. As the king size was not in stock, they told us the bed will arrive in May. In May we got a phone call; the bed was still not in stock. They said it will be there in June. In June we got NO CALL. In July we decided to go to the location (St-Hubert) where we have ordered it and see what is happening. The salesman –Real St-Jean said they have 3 it stock!! NOBODY HAS CALLED to make an appointment for delivery! After all the waiting on our part, Brault & Martineau refused to be at least a bit flexible and deliver it in convenient for us time. Everybody was repeating the same thing: we cannot do anything; we cannot do anything to make it faster. We made a regular appointment and waited ANOTHER 2 WEEKS. The delivery day finally arrived (Sunday July 17, 2011). We have moved all the furniture around and tossed out the old bed frame to make space for the new one. We received only a portion of the bed!!!! The head was damaged and the delivery GUYS SAID VERY CLEARLY that they will bring a new one within 30-60 min. Meanwhile, we put together the other parts of the bed and waited and waited – NOBODY CAME, NOBODY CALLED!!! We called the store and it turns out they will not deliver it the same day; we got one more time the “we cannot do anything, we cannot do anything as there is no availability for delivery now”. Again no flexibility what so ever… BRAULT & MARTINEAU REFUSED TO MAKE ANY EXCEPTIONS OR EFFORTS to deliver the head the same day. We were stuck in the house all day for nothing. Who is going to compensate our time and extreme patience? It is not possible to deliver the next day after 3pm (when we will be home) as Brault & Martineau does not do appointments like this. How and where are we going to sleep until the next appointment??? BRAULT & MARTINEAU DOES NOT CARE!!! Who will compensate us for all the inconveniences we have to go through??? Meanwhile we have been paying the monthly payments regularly since January – NOW 7 MONTHS OF PAYMENTS AND NO BED.
So, how exactly does this story fit in your statement: “At Brault & Martineau we work very hard to offer a warm and friendly store atmosphere while striving to satisfy all your needs and desires. Choice and quality of products as well as the unbeatable professional service are a must.” ???
No, you DID NOT care about our needs and desires. Your products were DAMAGED. You have NO PROFESSIONAL SERVICE – all we got was lies after lies.

"What a bunch of idiots their delivery people are. We purchased a couch and a recliner on a Saturday, and scheduled delivery for the Monday following the weekend. The truck arrives and the team takes the couch off the truck in the street, and looks at our door, and says "no way this will fit through that door, I've been doing this for 20 years, it won't fit."

I try to explain to him, that we have an even bigger couch upstairs that we got through there no problem when we moved here a few years ago. They don't listen, and just refuse to even try it, saying they are experts. We have to call the delivery service and schedule a special team of 4 guys, with a special truck to put it in by the balcony.

We call the delivery service to schedule a new delivery, and are told they don't know where our couch and chair are, they may have been damaged, but they aren't sure. Eventually they locate them, and they are fine and a special team is schedule with 4 guys and a special truck for Friday.

Friday rolls around and the doorbell rings, and 2 guys are standing there, say they are the special team. Funny, I thought it was supposed to be 4 guys. He comes upstairs and looks at the balcony and says that the opening is too small to get the couch in and besides, they are only 2 guys and 2 guys aren't enough to put the couch in through the balcony.

I try and explain to him that the opening on our balcony is 38" high, and the couch measures 28" high with the legs, 26" without the legs. Now, I am no math genius, but something 26-28" should fit in an opening that is 38", right? Secondly, I ask him why they didn't send the special team of 4 guys to put it in by the balcony, and he tells me they are the special team and they have the special truck. Looks like a normal truck and 2 idiots to me, same as last time.

So after refusing to take it off the truck (did not even open the door), they say we have to select another model because this one won't fit.

At this point, we have had enough and go to the store to complain, we bring them the dimensions of our doors, hallways, balcony, patio door, old couch, everything. Manager says he will call the supervisor of the delivery service.

Manager calls back and tells us that the delivery service spoke with their delivery guys and they said there was no way it would fit in our apartment, and even said that they looked at our place on Google Street View and determined that the balcony was too small to get the couch in. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? GOOGLE STREET VIEW!?

Our vendor was good, and its not his fault, he believes it should fit no problem, but these idiots at the delivery service, what a bunch of morons. B&M is definitely blacklisted by us.

How can you tell me that the couch doesn't fit when:

- Delivery team NEVER TRIED to get the couch in by the door
- Never sent proper team to try and get it in by the balcony when we were told a team of 4 guys with a special truck would show up
- Never once took a measurement of any way into the house
- Were told that a larger couch fit in no problem by amateurs
- Were given measurements of all entry points and were told that it was too big to fit (a 26-28" couch in a 38" opening)
- Looked at the house on Google Street View and determined the balcony too small

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

modified review This review was modified by BMSucks on May 09 2011 01:04:46 PM

"I bought a sofa, washer and dryer back in November and ask for delivery on December 18 in order to have it for Christmas. They delivered only the sofa from which we returned the ottoman due to a defect on the bottom of it. They were not able to tell when the washer and dryer will arrive cause they didn't have them at the main warehouse. After many unhappy calls, they finally said we'll have the appliances on the 28 of December and the ottoman on the 29. They honored this promise, but when we tried the dryer, it did not work. this time we needed to call the technical service and were told a technician will come on December 31. This did not happen. Next thing, he was supposed to come on January 4, I took the day off from work and he did not show up. Finally someone called to say the technician was sick. Another appointment was made for the 6 of January when the guy comes and says the dryer is not good and needs replacement. Called the delivery and service they transfer me to the exchange service were they tell me they need to get authorization from LG for replacement and they call me the same day. Never happened... Called the store Brault & Martineau in Kirkland and asked them to help me. They say i should call the exchange service... I don't have any patience anymore so I asked to speak with the manager of the store. I am on dead line. Called again, ask again for the manger, same result. I live close by, so i go in person to the store and speak with the manager. Long story short, he tells me I must call the delivery service because the order was actually placed and he is surprised that this happened so fast in my case!!!! I didn't want to call any other service department again and i asked him to take responsibility and solve the problem for a customer. He said it is not his problem. I asked if I can cancel the order, the answer is no because by law once the good is delivered cannot be returned, even if it's broken!!! Which nobody tells you when they have you buy from them. I said I want to write a complaint, he said go ahead, I'm the manager, so it will get to me... Never buy from Brault & Martineau, they don't care about us, it's only our money they are after! I told him i will never buy from them again and his answer was go ahead, all stores have the same policy. At least I'll try my luck some other places!"

modified review This review was modified by paloten on January 06 2011 04:12:00 PM

Brault et Martineau is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Brault et Martineau is not a merchant member
Brault et Martineau does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!