• Rating 0.67/10 594 reviews

Botach Tactical / botachtactical.net is not a merchant member
    Botach Tactical / botachtactical.net does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Botach Tactical / botachtactical.net contact information

• Contact: cs@botach.com

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"I bought some stuff in 2012 and half of my order was unavailable for shipping. I was told it would be shipped later. It is 2014 and I am trying to get a refund for the said items and Botach does not answer the emails I sent, they do not answer the phone, and when I try to chat with the online help I waited for 10 minutes as the "first person in line" and was disconnected at the 10 minute mark.

Quite frankly it seems to me that botach is ignoring me purposely and dodging responsibility.

modified review This review was modified by oreshkin on March 19 2014 11:14:18 AM

"Buyer beware!
I ordered a product thinking the asking price ($200) was reasonable. When I took delivery I noticed the product was actually a smaller version of the advertised product. The pic and description were for the larger version. For the price I would not have ordered the one I got. Called customer svc and the reps were disinterested. They kept putting me on long holds only to come back to say the person responsible was unavailable. After several days I got to talk to someone that I thought would help, but this one was unconcerned also. I really still liked the product, so I decided not to return it, feeling like a sucker for overpaying. While going through this, I kept pointing out that the page was for a different product and asking them to at least update the page so no one else got jabbed like me. Now over a week later the page has the same bogus info. I tried to put a review on Botach.com, but they won't post it. AGHHH!

modified review This review was modified by linetrash1 on February 02 2014 12:09:25 PM

"Quite possibly the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. They lured me in with their low prices, but when it came to shipping and getting the correct item, forget it!

I had ordered a few items from the website and after finally receiving my order via USPS Priority (took them way too long to send it out), they had sent me the wrong items. I tried and tried to get in touch with someone, but they don't respond to e-mails, their online chat is never on, and the phone is never picked up.

Finally I submitted a complaint with the BBB and only then did they get in touch with me. And they weren't the least bit apologetic, actually they were annoyed!

I highly recommend you stay far, far away from this retailer. Don't do business with them, or you'll regret it!

"Orders never arrived. Emails to customer service go unanswered, except for an occasion "back order" message. Calls end up with being on hold for long periods of time, with circle around transfers and rude reps. This has happened several times, since I gave them a few chances. Don't be fooled by the price savings. It isn't worth it."

modified review This review was modified by thumperjones on July 14 2013 10:43:45 AM

"These unethical bastards take money for orders, but then fail to deliver. And just try to cancel an order...

Credit Card Fraud.

"Excellent service. Product I needed in stock. No shipping costs and no sales tax. I have no problem ordering from them again. Live chat is great. "

modified review This review was modified by MAGonzales on May 17 2013 02:19:04 PM

"If I could give them a zero I would. I placed a $598.00 order with them. A week later I TRIED to contact them to find out when they might ship the order. No reply. Two emails and five phone calls later I finally gave up.

Oh, almost forgot, I never received the courtesy of a return phone call or email, nada, zip, zero. I did reach a woman in sales one time and she promised to check on my order and call me back. She never did.

This company must do a ton of business to be able to afford to just throw away an almost $600 order. They'll never get my business again.

"No communication, can not talk to anyone you have to leave a message and no reply , never answered email. Took a month to reply that item was back ordered through their online chat which rarely works. AVOID"

"Botach listed PMAGs as instock. I placed an order and they quickly gave me an order confirmation and a tracking number saying my order had been shipped. A week later, I noticed the order was received by LA Post Office, but was just sitting there according to the tracking number. Also Botach charged my credit card on 2/14. I contacted Botach only to find that the tracking number was fake and no items had actually been shipped. I asked for my CC to be refunded. They said they were swamped with request for refunds but would put in a request. After a week. Nothing happen. I contacted Botach again after 2 weeks and they said my CC would be refunded in 72 hrs. 3 weeks later still no refund. I am still waiting for a refund. Botach is a very shady operation in my opinion."

modified review This review was modified by muddywaters7 on March 06 2013 07:49:39 AM

"I do not recommend this company due to unprofessional business practices.

I ordered several items which were advertised as in stock with no shipping delays. One day later, they updated their website to state that shipping delays were 10-21 days. I received an email 6 weeks later stating that my ordered was reduced due to high demand for the items I ordered.

It has been nearly 2 months with no updates to my order. They will also not answer their phones and email. Botach also actively participates in Facebook and deletes criticizing comments daily.

modified review This review was modified by GoodKarmaBadKarma on February 05 2013 03:54:01 PM

" I should only have myself to blame after reading the hundreds of bad reviews botach tactical has on the internet but I figured nobody can be that bad well I was wrong.

I ordered 6 pmags at $12 a mag before the sandy hook shooting & the feeding frenzy with panic buying.

Their inventory said they had plenty in stock which turned out to be false but I called my bank to clear the sale since they have anit-fraud measures for out of state sales.

Botach put the money back in my account which I knew what was coming but the sales rep told me in a email that my 6 mags at $12 would be honored & not to worry.

I explained that I have to clear sales out of state with my bank & they said no problem I would be notified when the mags came back in stock.

Well they changed my order to 2 mags & said that they are only shipping 2 mags per person due to demand which is a outright lie & contrary to the email they sent me with a guarantee that my 6 mags would be honored at the $12 price.

I seen this coming which is why I got them to email me my invoice saying that I would get my order when their shipment came in.

I checked their site to check on the 2 mag limit & the price is now $45 & you can order as many as you like so they lied about the 2 mag limit & just didn't want to honor the price I was locked in at 2 months ago long before panic buying & the school shooting.

This should be a warning to anyone that is thinking of doing business with botach they don't keep their word even when they put it in writing this is just botach lying to a customer so they can jack the prices up which is fine but that's not what I was promised shame on this company.

I've sent all emails & invoice to the BBB in los angeles but don't want to see anyone else get hosed by botach tactical.

modified review This review was modified by Botachscamers on February 02 2013 10:10:28 PM

"Very poor company.. I placed an order and nothing.. Emailed, no one answered. Called no one answered. I finally got them to cancel the order through email to customers service. Seems like you MIGHT get something if you order? No Thanks, I will take my business to a reputable company.

I wish I would of read the massive amounts of bad reviews before I placed an order. 296 complaints thru BBB and hundreds more online.

"Felt compelled to write about my experience (so far) with Botach. On Jan 6, 2013, I ordered a 5.11 MOAB Rush 10 backpack and an H2O carrier. This brand almost never goes on sale (maybe once a year on some websites) and is sometimes even excluded in sitewide discount sales. So when I discovered that Botach gives a 15% discount for signing up for membership (which is free) I had to bite the bullet and place the order. They had a coupon code at the time which gave me an additional 20% off all 5.11 products! So basically this $100 bag which rarely ever goes on sale went down to $68!
Now the not so good news. I ordered this stuff before I came across all the bad reviews. My order has been "pending" ever since but my paypal has not been charged yet, only authorized. I decided to try the "live chat help" a few times with no luck then tried again mid week in the morning and to my surprise somebody actually answered after waiting about 5-10 minutes. She (Tehira?) was actually very helpful and answered all my questions. So the only good news so far is that the "live chat" button is not just a placebo button - you might just have to be persistent. I was told that the items were on backorder and the bag would arrive on Jan 25 and the bottle holder and the end of Feb! :( I was so excited about the low prices that I didn't even notice if there was stock indication or quantity on hand when I placed the order. So as of now I can only wait and hope that my bag does come in and ship at the end of the month. So now I will just have to keep shopping at other sites and hope they have a sale that might better Botach's prices before I decide to cancel my order or stop the Paypal payment. I'm hoping to update this review in the near future to see how it all ends. Not sure if I would ever shop at this site again unless they had a real time in stock indication and especially not if you needed something in a hurry. These guys need to run their business a little better or at least keep their customers out of the dark.

***UPDATE***

So after waiting patiently for a month I used the online chat to see if my order happened to be in. To my surprise BOTH items were in stock - the other item was not due to be in for yet another month. The lady told me that they were very busy and that it might take 72 hours before it finally shipped out. No biggy - I had already waited a month, what's another few day. A few days later I receive an email telling me that there is a problem with my shipping address and they give me a number to call to clarify the issue. I call the number and only get an answering machine and leave a message providing all my shipping information and number to my credit company to confirm the address. No call back but just another stupid email giving me the same number I left a message at previously. SERIOUSLY??!! It took a month for them to tell me this and couldn't find this out when my order was "pending" for the last 30 days?? I didn't bother calling again to waste any more of my time.

Bottom line:
This company is run by a bunch of circus clowns. They do have pretty good prices but unless the item says that it is in stock (which I'm not even sure I would believe) then I definitely would not ever deal with this company. Unless you have a LOT of patience and a LOT of time to waste then feel free to take a gamble with these jokers. Thank god 5.11 Tactical and LA Police Gear ended up having a sale few days after these fools sent me that email. I ended up getting free promo items to boot! If you are going to ever visit botachtactical.com it should only be to try to get another company to match their prices. You'd be risking your time and money if you ever added anything to their mythical cart. As far as I'm concerned, the entire Botach Tactical website is a placebo for online fantasy shopping!

modified review This review was modified by k3ys3r_soz3 on February 11 2013 04:16:22 PM

"I ordered 3 magazines for my colt rifle from botachtactical.com. The site said they were in stock, but I got an email saying they were back ordered. After I canceled the order, I went back to their site to find they were in stock, but they had jacked up the price. When I emailed about it, I never got a response. They totally blew me off to try to get more money from someone else. They have lost this business and all future business I would have given them. I wish I had seen all the bad commits about Botach before I placed the order. Botach has very bad business practices.

There have been 293 complaints, filed against Botach in the past 3 years, with the BBB, need I say more?

modified review This review was modified by TBrown77 on January 15 2013 02:43:47 PM

"Terrible is an understatement. Ordered some merchandise that was shown as "in stock" on their website. Felt confident in my order so I didn't take my business elsewhere. Too bad for me they emailed me over a week later to let me know item was actually backordered, making sure that it was not available anywhere else. Shamefully, I have to admit that all the other terrible reviews are accurate and I fell victim to them."