Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"I was picking up a replacement foundation at Clinique and a blond hair female employee treated me like I was an inconvenience and was very rude."

modified review This review was modified by Loveandmusic55 on August 11 2014 09:47:35 AM

"Eric in Seasonal is the nicest, most helpful person! He is by far your very best employee in the Deptford, NJ store. The scores below are for Eric. We do not know his last name. From Bill and Joanie Busund"

modified review This review was modified by JoanieBusund on July 06 2014 10:46:49 AM

"I ordered several items for Christmas. I received almost half of my order in plenty of time. I waited til almost a week after to contact them about my lost items. The lady was not very helpful, I had to ask for a refund, then she couldn't even tell how much the refund would be or any details. She did not apologize for the issues I was having or that my children didn't receive their toys in time for Christmas or even at all. When we were finished she simply said you are welcome. So I said THANK YOU in return. poor customer service. It doesn't even deserve 1 star"

modified review This review was modified by katjo1962 on December 30 2013 08:56:14 AM

"A letter I sent with no response:

August 13, 2013

Mr. Albert Boscov
PO Box 4274
Reading PA 19606

Dear Mr. Boscov

I would like to make you aware of an issue I’m having with a charge on my bill that your “AURepair” department feels is valid.

A few months back I called for service on my Haier Dryer that I purchased from your Colonie Center store a few years ago. It had an electrical short that resulted in burnt wires that for some reason were left sticking out of the safety plate when originally installed. I had no reason to have to look at the back of my appliance for the two years or so that I had the machine. It wasn’t until the “spark and smoke” occurred that I was aware of the shoddy safety plate. Thank goodness I was in the laundry room at the time, or that it wasn’t a major fire.

The appliance was under warranty at the time so I called for an appointment for a “Technician” to come to the house. He came and checked the dryer, but needed to order parts/wires and that he would have to come back. At this point I was still under warranty, but since he didn’t have the parts to replace it at this time, his next visit in about a week would still be considered under the warranty even though at that point my warranty would have been expired.

A few nights before his return my Haier Washer, that I bought as a set with the dryer, stopped spinning out water. These are only 3 year old appliances!
The “tech” came back in about week or so to replace warranted parts (shorted out electrical wires) for my dryer. I told the rep I had a problem with the washer as well. He told me it’s probably the water pump. I asked him what would something like that run? He said “probably about $20 for the parts but about $60 for labor”. I said “Well in that case I’ll fix it myself, but would you know the part number for that model. With his tablet in hand, and in about a minute or two, he found the part number and told it to me. I said Thank You!!

When I received my bill with a charge for “Parts and Labor”, I called to clarify that my dryer was still “under warranty” at the time. I was told it was a charge for the washer! The “tech” charged me for giving me the part number! And your customer service people agreed!
If the “tech” would have said “that information is going to cost you $30” – I would have looked it up myself!
You pride yourself on your customer service and your courtesy. How is that being courteous and caring to your customer? Considering the fact that both appliances had major problems beginning just their third year of use? The rep I guess wasn’t getting compensated for the trip, so he had to tack on the “consulting fee”?!

I’ve shopped at your store numerous times and consider it my “store of choice”, but this has put a bitter taste in my mouth. I look forward to hearing from you on this matter in the near future

Scott Mc

modified review This review was modified by McSomething on October 10 2013 06:56:53 PM

"The 15 stepping stones I purchased at Boscov’s are defective. Their original cuteness was short –lived. Seven stepping stones (7) dissolved down to powder, six (6) consist of broken pieces and powder, and two (2) have cracks. These stones were purchased for my garden as decorative pieces and have not been used to walk on. I have taken great care of these stones and did not expect them to disintegrate. I requested a refund from Boscov’s and was demined since it was past 90 days. Think twice before you throw your money away and end up with a circle of powder. Not happy with the customer service and disappointed that Boscov's store will not stand behind the quality of their products."

"I ordered on Boscov's for some skin care. They confirmed with me the gift set by email. But I didn't receive any gift set at all! Just the skin care without gift!!!! And for one skin lotion, they charged me $10 for 10-day shipping! I emailed them asking why, they just told me if I dont' want the order, I can return to them. And I pay for the shipping back!

And they won't totally refund me!

"If you love being treated like dirt, shop at Boscov's. Their customer service department will do a great job of making you feel like you are the most unappreciated customer out there! If you don't believe me go ahead and make a purchase from them. This place didn't receive horrible reviews for no reason. The phone reps are the most uneducated, unreasonable, and under paid idiots I have ever encountered in retail. Their supervisor was even more rude which explains why the other employees had no sense of what proper phone etiquette actually meant. I would rather be shot in the foot than EVER buy anything from this lame company again!!!"

"At first I was really skeptical of the site and thought they overcharged me, but then I contacted costumer service and they were really helpful about it.

Ok so this is how it went:
My order cost about $51 but when they shipped some of the items they charged me AGAIN for the items shipped. (yes they ship the items separately) So on my bank statement it showed a payment of $51 + $30 for the items that they just shipped.

I contacted them and they said they charge when they ship the items out and the $51 will be refunded as soon as they shipped all the item, so on your bank statement it might show as double the payment right now.

So they charged a total of $102 for an order that only supposed to cost $52. But surely enough when they shipped the item they refunded my $51, so it was all good.

I still find the process stupid, but at least it wasn't a scam. Also The items are in pretty good quality considering how cheap the price is. So overall I'm satisfied with Boscov.

"I was at the Boscov's in the concord mall (DE) a few years ago and was treated to an absolutely horrid spectacle. A young man was helping me near the couches and seating area when all of a sudden I hear his named being yelled from across the store. An enraged troll of an old man was hobbling towards us very fast. I was disconcerted. This man continued to yell ACROSS THE STORE about how the young man helping me should stop helping me and go somewhere else. There was no one else in the department I was in. The young man tried to insist that he would go as soon as I was done being helped but this wasn't cutting it for that ugly, big-nosed grouch. He proceeded to get right in this young mans face and curse and yell at him right in front of me! After this, the young man relented and left me there with ol' sourpuss. I reluctantly asked if perhaps HE could help me. He was a little too close to me when he said "I'll call someone to the department." His teeth were brown and black and you can only imagine the stench of his breath. Then he left and I waited. No one ever came. I later found out from one of the employees that mans name was Marvin. All the customer service classes in the world wouldn't help this guy. Marvin should probably just be kept away from people in general. I never went back to that location for fear of encountering this disgusting midget troll. Hopefully, he's fired by now or better yet, dead."

"As many have noted, their shipping department can't get any order right. Mine was very simple and they shipped 3 instead of 2 of one item and missed shipping one item.

Otherwise, I was very happy with the merchandise and price.

"My ordered twice and each time something was wrong. The first time I ordered cosmetics gift sets and how disappointed I was when two mascara dried out from 2 sets. The prices were nice, about 30 dollars, but that's why it was cheap, the product was old!!! Another time I ordered children clothes, and they were sent seperately, moreover 2 dresses were shipped on October 24th, and after my several calls to them, to post offices, I got my items almost 2 months later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awful experience!!!!"

"Boscov's had the best prices on some bowls. Shipping was very affordable too. Received a notification that the bowls would be need to be special ordered and would take several weeks. Ended up taking only about 3 weeks. They were well packaged and all the bowls were fine. I would buy from them again."

"DON'T SHOP AT BOSCOV'S!!!!!! They will lie to you and rip you off. Dummy me didn't read reviews before I ordered 4 sets of sheets from these crooks. All of the sheets were on sale for $17.99, regularly $39.99. Sounds like a good bargain until I saw them. They are the worst quality fabric--fleece on one side only, the other side is really thin shiny polyester. The flannel sheets regular price was supposed to be $79.99, they are not soft and dont even look like flannel. Apparently its my fault for not knowing their stuff is crap. Boscovs doesn't stand behind their products! I'm welcome to send them back at my expense--its a very big box and would cost ME over $50 to send back.

"I had a wonderful experience with Boscovs. I ordered several clothing items, around 7, and 6 of them was shipped together, and a coat was shipped separately from another store. I ordered on Saturday, and they shipped it out on Monday, received my first box the following day, on Tuesday! Fastest shipping i have ever received from online shopping, and i shop online A LOT! i suppose it may have something to do with me living in New York, and Boscovs stores are all along the East Coast. My first box came from New Jersey, other from Pennsylvania. Anywho, the clothing quality is great, and i love all of them. It was packaged nicely and clothing were folded nicely. I had no problems with Boscovs, would definitely from them again!"

"I have ordered a wide variety of items from this store over the years, from clothing to houseware. They have never failed to provide high quality merchandise at great prices, as well as quick shipping at reasonable rates. Gotta love Boscov's! They have been very reliable. "

modified review This review was modified by CosmicTinker on May 05 2010 04:16:26 PM

Boscov's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Boscov's is not a merchant member
Boscov's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!