Stores > Boscov's

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

2016-04-30

Horrible customer Service

"Tried to get them to adjust a shipping address order they did nothing but argue with us. Then we asked them to cancel they refused. Item is going to the wrong address apparently it doesn't matter theres nothing they can do. Ms. Willman is by far the rudest customer service agent there is. about all customer service is good for at Boscov's is telling you theres nothing they can do."

2016-04-13

Very Happy first time buyer

"I ordered (3) items for the first time and was thrilled to receive it a few days later. I spent $50 so got free shipping and all items were true as described. I will defintelty be ordering from this company again. "

2016-02-14

Don't take a chance

"I have narrow feet and hunted for a place to buy narrow shoes in my size. When the shoes proved too wide, I got stuck for the cost of shipping for return so I did not bother and will not chance it again.\I got apologies but nothing more"

2015-12-27

"I placed a clothing only order hoping to stock up a little with their after x-mas sale. Lightweight clothing I might add-- yoga pants, underpants and a few champion lounge pants for my son.

The sale states free shipping orders over 25 dollars and extra 20 percent off if you spend 75 dollars or more. I place my order and the following day receive an email from Britnee in customer service informing me if I want this order I will have to pay FIFTY DOLLARS in shipping. This is your classic bait and switch and be advised they do NOT abide by their own promos.

I called and was given no explanation by a curt agent. I've cancelled the order and will NEVER order from Boscov's again. A promise is a promise and they apparently don't have to abide by their own promo's. I know shipping and the stuff I bought would NEVER cost 50 dollars to ship on any planet especially with a commerical shipping account I am sure they have.

This review was modified by Shiloishere on December 27 2015 11:24:59 PM

2015-10-15

"I can't believe the message I received today from boscovs.com customer service. I made a purchase online for 20 1 gallon beverage dispensers. Of course because of the dollar amount the order came with free shipping. I completed the order, paid with a credit card and received an email confirmation of the order. Two days later I receive a phone call from their customer service informing me that they want to charge me additional shipping? Why? Because they have to ship a few units from their store locations?? Wow, talk about poor customer service. I will never be purchasing from them again. Now I have to run out and find new beverage dispensers for a party I am hosting next week.

Boscovs.com has horrible customer service. If you need anything in quantity and you need it in a hurry, don't get burned, order somewhere else. How unprofessional!

2015-07-24

"a special for free standard shipping on orders over $99. on their information page they state that standard shipping is $9.95 no matter how many items are in your cart*. then it states they have the right to levy an extra $15-$125 based on the number of items in your cart. removing the free shipping for everyone. when i called customer service i was told in short either you pay what we tell you to pay after you order or we cancel your order. i am contacting a lawyer to see if their special falls under false advertising. if so i will starting a lawsuit."

This review was modified by blizzerada on July 24 2015 07:21:11 PM

Philadelphia, PA
2015-06-07

"Sorry to hear about the many negative reviews about Boscov's. After moving to Philly several years ago, I started shopping at Boscov's when I saw their "Did you Boscov?" advertisement/sales. I thought it was a gimmick. To my delight it was legit. I was pleasantly surprised by the varied selections, store display, and more importantly, the wonderful sales people. I've visited several Boscov's over the years and, all the store personnel I've encountered have been wonderful. I was once given the promotional discount for an item the day after the sale ended because the sales person (mistakenly, I believe) didn't give it to me. I've always had friendly customer returns with the few items I brought back. I've ordered from their website, and sent items to my son across country. The things were delivered in a timely fashion.

When the curtains I wanted for my mother were not in stock, the sales clerk graciously ordered them, had them shipped directly to my mother (in another state), without charging me a shipping fee. I have called the respective stores' customer service to commend a particular sales person on many occasions. I have nothing but good things to say about Boscov's. All my experiences have been positive, and, I look forward to their great sales. My most recent shopping experience was on 31 May 15.

This review was modified by DelightedShopper on June 07 2015 07:29:52 PM

2015-01-19

"I purchased a clock and after a ton of emails and 2 conformations, that the said "this particular item is not out of stock". I received another email blaming the manufacturer for inventorying wrong? So I proceeded to say that this was false advertising & for them to upgrade my clock to a different one that was in stock. Didn't get a reply, so I turned to the Better Business Bureau and told them of my situation. They responded the following day with a choice of 2 different clocks that I could choose from. This made me happy! Going on week 3 now, I finally receive my clock and looking at a picture of it, I noticed that something was wrong. It was missing the pendulum!! Came to contact them again wanting just the pendulum, but that wasn't possible, they needed the whole clock??"

This review was modified by VHarleyFatBoy on January 19 2015 01:46:11 PM

2014-12-16

"Boscov's retains a "mom and pop" feel while remaining a huge department store. Unlike the "cookie cutter" chain store staffed by kids working their way through college, many staff associates are career employees. They are knowledgeable and routinely go out of their way to help customers find exactly what they need. They often know their customers by name.

The store is old and I like that feel. It's like going back in time to a kinder, gentler era. They have a huge selection, a deep inventory and very reasonable prices.

Al Boscov was always more interested in serving the community than serving his own financial interests.

This review was modified by ray_j_stephens on December 16 2014 03:21:36 AM

2014-08-11

"I was picking up a replacement foundation at Clinique and a blond hair female employee treated me like I was an inconvenience and was very rude."

This review was modified by Loveandmusic55 on August 11 2014 09:47:35 AM

2014-07-06

"Eric in Seasonal is the nicest, most helpful person! He is by far your very best employee in the Deptford, NJ store. The scores below are for Eric. We do not know his last name. From Bill and Joanie Busund"

This review was modified by JoanieBusund on July 06 2014 10:46:49 AM

2013-12-30

"I ordered several items for Christmas. I received almost half of my order in plenty of time. I waited til almost a week after to contact them about my lost items. The lady was not very helpful, I had to ask for a refund, then she couldn't even tell how much the refund would be or any details. She did not apologize for the issues I was having or that my children didn't receive their toys in time for Christmas or even at all. When we were finished she simply said you are welcome. So I said THANK YOU in return. poor customer service. It doesn't even deserve 1 star"

This review was modified by katjo1962 on December 30 2013 08:56:14 AM

2013-10-10

"A letter I sent with no response:

August 13, 2013

Mr. Albert Boscov
PO Box 4274
Reading PA 19606

Dear Mr. Boscov

I would like to make you aware of an issue I’m having with a charge on my bill that your “AURepair” department feels is valid.

A few months back I called for service on my Haier Dryer that I purchased from your Colonie Center store a few years ago. It had an electrical short that resulted in burnt wires that for some reason were left sticking out of the safety plate when originally installed. I had no reason to have to look at the back of my appliance for the two years or so that I had the machine. It wasn’t until the “spark and smoke” occurred that I was aware of the shoddy safety plate. Thank goodness I was in the laundry room at the time, or that it wasn’t a major fire.

The appliance was under warranty at the time so I called for an appointment for a “Technician” to come to the house. He came and checked the dryer, but needed to order parts/wires and that he would have to come back. At this point I was still under warranty, but since he didn’t have the parts to replace it at this time, his next visit in about a week would still be considered under the warranty even though at that point my warranty would have been expired.

A few nights before his return my Haier Washer, that I bought as a set with the dryer, stopped spinning out water. These are only 3 year old appliances!
The “tech” came back in about week or so to replace warranted parts (shorted out electrical wires) for my dryer. I told the rep I had a problem with the washer as well. He told me it’s probably the water pump. I asked him what would something like that run? He said “probably about $20 for the parts but about $60 for labor”. I said “Well in that case I’ll fix it myself, but would you know the part number for that model. With his tablet in hand, and in about a minute or two, he found the part number and told it to me. I said Thank You!!

When I received my bill with a charge for “Parts and Labor”, I called to clarify that my dryer was still “under warranty” at the time. I was told it was a charge for the washer! The “tech” charged me for giving me the part number! And your customer service people agreed!
If the “tech” would have said “that information is going to cost you $30” – I would have looked it up myself!
You pride yourself on your customer service and your courtesy. How is that being courteous and caring to your customer? Considering the fact that both appliances had major problems beginning just their third year of use? The rep I guess wasn’t getting compensated for the trip, so he had to tack on the “consulting fee”?!

I’ve shopped at your store numerous times and consider it my “store of choice”, but this has put a bitter taste in my mouth. I look forward to hearing from you on this matter in the near future

Scott Mc

This review was modified by McSomething on October 10 2013 06:56:53 PM

2012-05-25

"The 15 stepping stones I purchased at Boscov’s are defective. Their original cuteness was short –lived. Seven stepping stones (7) dissolved down to powder, six (6) consist of broken pieces and powder, and two (2) have cracks. These stones were purchased for my garden as decorative pieces and have not been used to walk on. I have taken great care of these stones and did not expect them to disintegrate. I requested a refund from Boscov’s and was demined since it was past 90 days. Think twice before you throw your money away and end up with a circle of powder. Not happy with the customer service and disappointed that Boscov's store will not stand behind the quality of their products."

2012-02-23

"I ordered on Boscov's for some skin care. They confirmed with me the gift set by email. But I didn't receive any gift set at all! Just the skin care without gift!!!! And for one skin lotion, they charged me $10 for 10-day shipping! I emailed them asking why, they just told me if I dont' want the order, I can return to them. And I pay for the shipping back!

And they won't totally refund me!

Share Boscov's's store rating

Boscov's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Boscov's is not a merchant member
Boscov's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!