Stores > Boscov's
  • Boscov's

Voice your opinion! Review Boscov's by clicking a star below.
2017-09-18

In store is great / online services dated

"I absolutely ♡ Boscovs, the store is great with amazing sales- however I would never use their website because they somehow do not offer the INstore pickup option, so I would never order off boscovs.com and pay a high shipping fee and wait 7 to 10 days for delivery, especially today when I could order on amazon & receive free 2 day shipping! Time to modernize your website Boscovs!!!"

2017-04-07

Announcer

"Cheap quality and please get rid of the announcer! Omg! Nerve racking! I'd rather drive to Hazleton then listen to him in Pottsville!"

2017-02-27

Great Deal on as Described Carpet Cleaner

"After reading a good portion of the reviews on here we were a bit scared about ordering from Boscovs but they had the lowest price on the carpet cleaner we wanted so we gave it a shot.

The website gave some hiccups while trying to order with Ublock (ad blocker) enabled but after disabling that we were able to add it to our cart and check out very quickly. Since it met the cost cutoff, the shipping was free (like, really free, they didn't add it on later or anything). It arrived in the a few days (as described) in working order.

We are very happy with our purchase. If you're scared after reading some of the reviews on here (much like we were) it may be worth it to take a chance. It was worth it for us.

2017-02-05

DO NOT BUY. Horrible blinds. Terrible packaging. Indifferent response. $$$$ in additional time and labor.

"Ordered 20 blinds. Receive 19 blinds in damaged packages. One blind was totally broken and clips on another 9-10 were either cracked or broken. Used the cracked ones for 5 installations and purchase another 5 blinds from Home Depot in order to use just the clips. Frustrating experience all around."

2016-12-21

Wonderful Service

"I was surprised to see low reviews for Boscovs. I made an order for Christmas and was happy to see everything delivered promptly. I ordered a homecoming dress for my daughter a few months ago and just like that item, some of my items came wrapped in tissue with a sticker. Its just a nice touch and I appreciate it. I would recommend Boscovs to anyone. Great Service."

2016-11-30

Online purchase

"Purchased some glass and metal lanterns for Christmas presents. Super deal on the lanterns, fast shipping and great packaging. Everything arrived in great shape."

2016-07-22

Worse than Comcast - really

"Worst shopping experience ever (& I am experienced). No joke. Customer service is thoroughly unhelpful and rude- whatever your problem, they are sure to tell you it is not their problem. Sadly,in the last week I made the mistake of placing 3 orders. After being overcharged, contacted customer service in an effort to resolve the issue. It took no less than 7 employees and 2+ hours to have the overcharge removed from my bank account. During which I was hung-up on 3 times and told the ohine system is designed to disconnect callers on hold after a certain amount of time has elapsed(seemed to be about 10 min. ). When I asked to be connected with a supervisor i was told they are all in meetings, all day and would be for the foreseeable future. When i asked for the names of supervisors on duty, their extensions and hours so that i could leaeve a message explaining the problem I was told that just wasn't done & there was noone else there to help me. At this point I had also only received $10 worth of merchandise from an $850 order-(this was 2 days ago). Yesterday I received 3 packages from Boscov's and only one arrived in tact-ups delivered them along with 3 packages from Macy's which arrived in ship-shape condition. The first box was actually split open at the seams and the merchandise inside was dammaged. Inside there was a pair of shoes-unwrapped- placed on top of lingerie also unwrapped- & the lingerie had pulls in the delicate fabric. This is NOT what I paid for. The second box contained only a pair of shoes. The shoes were in their box, but the lid was open, one shoe has some kind of debris on the upper and the soles show signs of wear & tear (and only one shoe had the proper packing material). This is not what I consider to be new merchandise in good condition and i doubt anyone else would either.
Fortunately I grabbed my camera when I saw the dammaged box on my porch and photographed the boxes and their contentsnfor my records. I emailed Boscov's customer service department as well as their quality control department as soon as i finished documenting this and expressing my displeasure. It has been 24 hours and I have yet to receive any response (this does not surprise me, but I do find it appaling). I am still awaiting (sigh) 6 more shipments of this very unhappy order. Unfortunatly for me, by the time I was aware that Boscov's is a nightmare waste of $$$ & life, my remaining items were too far along the shipment process for me to cancel & get a refund. I thoroughly regret every penny and moment I have wasted on Boscov's & dread having to baby-sit them through the rest of my order. I have 25 years of retail experience myself, including customer service and management - I have dealt with telephone & Internet orders, refunds, exchanges & financial institutions and would not dream of handling things the way Boscov's has- it just is not good business to do so and speads unhappiness & ill-will towards others- two things we have too much of in this world. Friends, don't waste your hard earned $$$ or your precious time at Boscov's, there are plenty of other stores out there to choose from & most of them are not trying to rip you off & have excellent customer service

2016-04-30

Horrible customer Service

"Tried to get them to adjust a shipping address order they did nothing but argue with us. Then we asked them to cancel they refused. Item is going to the wrong address apparently it doesn't matter theres nothing they can do. Ms. Willman is by far the rudest customer service agent there is. about all customer service is good for at Boscov's is telling you theres nothing they can do."

2016-04-13

Very Happy first time buyer

"I ordered (3) items for the first time and was thrilled to receive it a few days later. I spent $50 so got free shipping and all items were true as described. I will defintelty be ordering from this company again. "

2016-02-14

Don't take a chance

"I have narrow feet and hunted for a place to buy narrow shoes in my size. When the shoes proved too wide, I got stuck for the cost of shipping for return so I did not bother and will not chance it again.\I got apologies but nothing more"

2015-12-27

"I placed a clothing only order hoping to stock up a little with their after x-mas sale. Lightweight clothing I might add-- yoga pants, underpants and a few champion lounge pants for my son.

The sale states free shipping orders over 25 dollars and extra 20 percent off if you spend 75 dollars or more. I place my order and the following day receive an email from Britnee in customer service informing me if I want this order I will have to pay FIFTY DOLLARS in shipping. This is your classic bait and switch and be advised they do NOT abide by their own promos.

I called and was given no explanation by a curt agent. I've cancelled the order and will NEVER order from Boscov's again. A promise is a promise and they apparently don't have to abide by their own promo's. I know shipping and the stuff I bought would NEVER cost 50 dollars to ship on any planet especially with a commerical shipping account I am sure they have.

2015-10-15

"I can't believe the message I received today from boscovs.com customer service. I made a purchase online for 20 1 gallon beverage dispensers. Of course because of the dollar amount the order came with free shipping. I completed the order, paid with a credit card and received an email confirmation of the order. Two days later I receive a phone call from their customer service informing me that they want to charge me additional shipping? Why? Because they have to ship a few units from their store locations?? Wow, talk about poor customer service. I will never be purchasing from them again. Now I have to run out and find new beverage dispensers for a party I am hosting next week.

Boscovs.com has horrible customer service. If you need anything in quantity and you need it in a hurry, don't get burned, order somewhere else. How unprofessional!

2015-07-24

"a special for free standard shipping on orders over $99. on their information page they state that standard shipping is $9.95 no matter how many items are in your cart*. then it states they have the right to levy an extra $15-$125 based on the number of items in your cart. removing the free shipping for everyone. when i called customer service i was told in short either you pay what we tell you to pay after you order or we cancel your order. i am contacting a lawyer to see if their special falls under false advertising. if so i will starting a lawsuit."

Philadelphia, PA
2015-06-07

"Sorry to hear about the many negative reviews about Boscov's. After moving to Philly several years ago, I started shopping at Boscov's when I saw their "Did you Boscov?" advertisement/sales. I thought it was a gimmick. To my delight it was legit. I was pleasantly surprised by the varied selections, store display, and more importantly, the wonderful sales people. I've visited several Boscov's over the years and, all the store personnel I've encountered have been wonderful. I was once given the promotional discount for an item the day after the sale ended because the sales person (mistakenly, I believe) didn't give it to me. I've always had friendly customer returns with the few items I brought back. I've ordered from their website, and sent items to my son across country. The things were delivered in a timely fashion.

When the curtains I wanted for my mother were not in stock, the sales clerk graciously ordered them, had them shipped directly to my mother (in another state), without charging me a shipping fee. I have called the respective stores' customer service to commend a particular sales person on many occasions. I have nothing but good things to say about Boscov's. All my experiences have been positive, and, I look forward to their great sales. My most recent shopping experience was on 31 May 15.

2015-01-19

"I purchased a clock and after a ton of emails and 2 conformations, that the said "this particular item is not out of stock". I received another email blaming the manufacturer for inventorying wrong? So I proceeded to say that this was false advertising & for them to upgrade my clock to a different one that was in stock. Didn't get a reply, so I turned to the Better Business Bureau and told them of my situation. They responded the following day with a choice of 2 different clocks that I could choose from. This made me happy! Going on week 3 now, I finally receive my clock and looking at a picture of it, I noticed that something was wrong. It was missing the pendulum!! Came to contact them again wanting just the pendulum, but that wasn't possible, they needed the whole clock??"

Share Boscov's's store rating

Boscov's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Boscov's is not a merchant member
Boscov's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!