BorrowLenses.cCoupons
    • Address: 1664 Industrial Road San Carlos, CA 94070
    • Contact: help@borrowlenses.com
    • Phone: 650-508-3370
    • Customer Support: 650-508-3370
    • Business Hours: Monday to Friday: 10am - 6pm Saturday: 10am - 4pm Sunday: Closed
    • Fax: 866-771-9358

Product & services pricing Rating 7.93/10 7.93/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.64/10 9.64/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.21/10 9.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.71/10 9.71/10

"I rented a 100 to 400 canon lens and a EOS 6D body for a trip to Montana. The lens was fine however there was a fiber or something on the sensor which required time consuming Photoshop work. It appears that the camera was not checked out prior to my renting it. Next time I would do some test shots before getting on the road."

modified review This review was modified by Schneebo60 on July 31 2014 05:09:55 PM

"I had a very good experience with BorrowLenses. I had been contemplating a camera purchase but decided to rent before buying. It turns out that the images from this model were good but not significantly better than my current equipment. Thanks to BL I saved myself a $1000+ purchase."

"This was my first time renting a lens and it was a great experience! Rental price was fair, communication from the company was awesome. The lens came in perfect condition and return was easy. I can't wait to use them again! "

"Fantastic company to use. Very prompt in shipping and communicating. I'll be renting from them again to use. Helped me to decide on which lens I wanted to purchase first."

"I recently rented a Canon EOS 60D, along with a memory card. I currently own the 40D, and have for about 7 years, which uses a CF memory card. Because I was so used to this, I assumed the 60D used a CF card as well, so that is what I rented. A few days after putting my order in (about a week before my rental was to ship out), I received a call from a very pleasant woman in customer service who pointed out this error, mentioned that the CF card I rented was not compatible with the camera I had rented, and asked if I had done this on purpose (which, in my opinion, was a much nicer way of asking it instead of just automatically assuming it was a mistake). When I told her it had been an error, she happily walked me through switching my order to an SD card, and even saved me some money by helping me choose a card that cost less to rent but had more storage space!

After that, everything went extremely smoothly. Received rental on time, everything I ordered was correct, and everything was processed perfectly.

I have used borrowlenses.com in the past without issues, and after the amazing customer service I received this time around, I'll definitely be a lifetime customer!

"First time renter and it was one of the easiest process ever. Thanks to Ryan for all is help for getting the info they needed and getting the lens out on time. I will be recommending BorrowLenses.com to everyone."

"Recently rented a Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens for two week vacation to discover whether my photography had matured enough for that expensive lens. Excellent experience with BorrowLenses.com and it saved me a ton of money to discover that I need more experience before shelling out for that lens."

"This was my first time renting a lens. I was a bit nervous about it but the whole process was easy. The packaging was very well done and could easily withstand multiple shipping's. All I had to do was swap on the return label and get it to the carrier. Couldn't have been easier. "

"I'm a automotive photographer and was in dire need for some more gear for an event I was covering. I gave BorrowLenses a shot for my very first time renting and service was professional, quick, and high quality. My product showed up when I needed it and the whole process was trouble free! I'll be shopping here again!"

"I recently rented a Gitzo tripod and Giotti ball head for a 3-week overseas vacation. After attaching my camera to the ball head and using the tripod for the first time at the start of my trip, my camera (Canon 7D) fell off ball head and onto the ground. I discovered that the last two threads on the ball head were stripped, and there was only about 1 thread holding the camera. I was extremely disappointed since this caused some damage to my camera and I was unable to use tripod for the rest of the trip. It was clear that the equipment was not inspected prior to sending it to me otherwise this defect would have been caught."

"Great experience. I have never rented a lens. I took a quick trip to San Francisco. The camera store was right around the block from where I stayed. The person at the counter took the time to show me how to use the lens as this was a new lens for me. It was in great condition and saved me from carrying 2 of my lenses from home. Dropping it off when I was done was also so easy. Thanks again!"

"I rented in person from the Borrow Lenses store in Waltham, MA when I needed to borrow a camera with video as well as a lens last week. I walked in thinking I knew what I needed, but had some questions and asked if I could play around with the camera for a few minutes in the store to make sure it was what I wanted to rent. The person at the front desk was extremely helpful and very patient as I was probably in the store for at least 45 minutes. She made me feel much more comfortable with my purchase and I could not have asked for better service! The camera and lens was in great shape as well and was just what I needed. I will definitely be renting from Borrow Lenses again soon!"

"Borrowlenses had become my one stop shop for lenses. I have never had a bad lens sent to me, every order has always been correct, and every single one has been on time. It couldn't be easier to send the lenses back as long as you have FedEx service in your area. I love the insurance knowing that if something happens I'm covered. I love their attitude and the fact that I get an email telling me when they receive the order back and what kind of shape they feel it is in. I will continue to go to Borrowlenses over and over again."

"Outstanding quality and customer service. You can always count on the lenses arriving as promised and in each instance, the lenses all appeared to be new. They certainly functioned as new lenses. Their communication was outstanding as was their customer service. No need to look any further than this company when renting a lens or any piece of photography equipment."

"I recently rented the 150-500mm Tamron lens. The lens was rented for a trip to photograph Eagles feeding in Washington State. The lens did not preform well at all. At long distances all my photos were out of focus. I spoke to several professional photographers on site and they said the lens may have had a flaw or not calibrated to my Canon 60D body. Sorry I was not please with the lens at all. I would rent again but next time I will rent a better quality lens. "

BorrowLenses.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BorrowLenses.com is not a merchant member
BorrowLenses.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!