BorrowLenses.cCoupons
    • Address: 1664 Industrial Road San Carlos, CA 94070
    • Contact: help@borrowlenses.com
    • Phone: 650-508-3370
    • Customer Support: 650-508-3370
    • Business Hours: Monday to Friday: 10am - 6pm Saturday: 10am - 4pm Sunday: Closed
    • Fax: 866-771-9358

Product & services pricing Rating 7.93/10 7.93/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.58/10 9.58/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.36/10 9.36/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.55/10 9.55/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.09/10 9.09/10

"BorrowLenses - I like using this company to rent cameras. The only thing I wish they would expand some of their camera selection from more point and shoot cameras like the Olympus Stylus 1 and more Fujifilm X100 & 100s so I could complete a better review of equipment."

"I recently rented a handful of lenses for a wedding I was shooting. When I shipped them back, I had inadvertently forgotten to include the lens hoods. I didn't discover this until I had rushed out of town to handle a serious family health emergency. Borrow Lenses not only didn't charge me for the delay in returning the lens hoods, but they wrote me a super sweet email offering their condolences and letting me know there was no rush and to simply return the lens hoods when I got back into town. Having a company that understands and sympathizes with their customers' lives is a rarity these days! Superior quality product, and even more outstanding customer service! Will definitely be a return customer!"

"Rented a 70-200 Canon 2.8 II lens. Showed up early on Friday and just had to put the sticker on the box and drop it off at FedEx Monday afterwork."

"My first disappointment in borrowlenses.com - I had a lens rental lined up, and to my disappointment, they couldn't easily switch payment cards in their system and the only way to get my lens was to cancel my existing order and pray that the lens wasn't picked up before I hit ship in my cart. I obliged.

I was not told there was a cancellation fee, and I was VERY upset to find that less than a minute after the official release from borrowlenses over the phone was given my rental was picked up by another person.

This means I had to frantically find a new lens two days before I needed it for a wedding, and to my disappointment, I had to pay a significant amount more for the new rental. My previous selection was $75 with tax and shipping, this rental was $102 with tax and shipping - fund that I wasn't planning to spend and had no choice this late in the game.

I will likely rent again because its the only reputable company that I know of, but I am very disappointed in the service received this past weekend.

"I've rented twice from BorrowLenses.com, and each time was excellent. The customer service at BorrowLenses is excellent, and they really know their gear. The quality of the equipment has always been top notch, and the rental prices (even if you use their insurance, which is handy) is pretty reasonable. But being able to get equipment sent to you via Fed Ex - especially if you live outside the Bay Area is invaluable. If you need gear for a shoot, or just wanted to try out some different equipment, you definitely should check BorrowLenses.com out."

modified review This review was modified by MediaAlchemy on August 21 2014 02:08:46 PM

"I recently rented a Canon 100-400mm zoom lens from Borrow Lenses. It was the first time I'd ever done business with the company. Everything went smoothly and I would highly recommend Borrow Lenses to anyone looking to rent camera gear in the future. Five stars all the way!"

modified review This review was modified by TMORTENSON on August 15 2014 03:11:35 PM

"The perfect solution if you're traveling somewhere to shoot. Having lens(s) shipped to your destination is easy and affordable with Borrow Lenses.com. So nice to not have to fly with and just have them arrive when you need them. Have always had great condition glass shipped and their customer service is fantastic too!"

"I rented from BorrowLenses for the first time last week, and I was very impressed. In the past I have used other companies for rentals, but tried Borrowlenses based on a recommendation from colleagues. While their costs were slightly higher, their customer service, speed of delivery, and weekend policies more than make up for it. I can't imagine renting from anyplace else ever again. My lenses were deliver promptly early the first morning in great condition. They were carefully packed and arrived in great condition, and the return process was easy. I'm glad I found this great company!"

modified review This review was modified by ErinSc on August 09 2014 10:08:06 AM

"Rented two lenses, one top of the line Sony and one top of the line Nikkor. Both arrived on time as promised, were in excellent condition (better than I expected) and of course worked as they were designed.

The return was easy as the label was provided and the FedEx store is less than 1/2 mile from me.

So overall, a perfect experience! Thank you!

"I rented a 100 to 400 canon lens and a EOS 6D body for a trip to Montana. The lens was fine however there was a fiber or something on the sensor which required time consuming Photoshop work. It appears that the camera was not checked out prior to my renting it. Next time I would do some test shots before getting on the road."

modified review This review was modified by Schneebo60 on July 31 2014 05:09:55 PM

"I had a very good experience with BorrowLenses. I had been contemplating a camera purchase but decided to rent before buying. It turns out that the images from this model were good but not significantly better than my current equipment. Thanks to BL I saved myself a $1000+ purchase."

"This was my first time renting a lens and it was a great experience! Rental price was fair, communication from the company was awesome. The lens came in perfect condition and return was easy. I can't wait to use them again! "

"Fantastic company to use. Very prompt in shipping and communicating. I'll be renting from them again to use. Helped me to decide on which lens I wanted to purchase first."

"I recently rented a Canon EOS 60D, along with a memory card. I currently own the 40D, and have for about 7 years, which uses a CF memory card. Because I was so used to this, I assumed the 60D used a CF card as well, so that is what I rented. A few days after putting my order in (about a week before my rental was to ship out), I received a call from a very pleasant woman in customer service who pointed out this error, mentioned that the CF card I rented was not compatible with the camera I had rented, and asked if I had done this on purpose (which, in my opinion, was a much nicer way of asking it instead of just automatically assuming it was a mistake). When I told her it had been an error, she happily walked me through switching my order to an SD card, and even saved me some money by helping me choose a card that cost less to rent but had more storage space!

After that, everything went extremely smoothly. Received rental on time, everything I ordered was correct, and everything was processed perfectly.

I have used borrowlenses.com in the past without issues, and after the amazing customer service I received this time around, I'll definitely be a lifetime customer!

"First time renter and it was one of the easiest process ever. Thanks to Ryan for all is help for getting the info they needed and getting the lens out on time. I will be recommending BorrowLenses.com to everyone."

BorrowLenses.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BorrowLenses.com is not a merchant member
BorrowLenses.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!