BorrowLenses.cCoupons
    • Address: 1664 Industrial Road San Carlos, CA 94070
    • Contact: help@borrowlenses.com
    • Phone: 650-508-3370
    • Customer Support: 650-508-3370
    • Business Hours: Monday to Friday: 10am - 6pm Saturday: 10am - 4pm Sunday: Closed
    • Fax: 866-771-9358

Product & services pricing Rating 7.80/10 7.80/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.51/10 9.51/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.29/10 9.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.45/10 9.45/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.29/10 9.29/10

"Well, don't know about quality and selection, sorry guys, but what I do know was the ease of renting, shipping and paying for. They were great and having a service like this, for students (rates were very reasonable) and young filmmakers is really great. They make it easy for shipping to and shipping back. I'll have my daughter post about quality and selection."

"Excellent website... borrowed a lense for a vacation.. it arrived right on time and in excellent condition.. return was super easy. Would definitely borrow from them again"

"Excellent website and great experience. So grateful that I found this website and was able to secure the perfect lens for a trip to Europe. Shipping back was convenient and easy."

"Doing a transaction was very smooth with BorrowLenses, however, when I received my lenses, the box was in very poor condition, so much so that I took pictures just incase it came back to bite me. Also, I ordered a Canon macro lens (the only one available), only to get to a wedding and it did not fit. I believe it as a lens for a film camera. It was definitely not marked or written as a film lens (partially my fault for not knowing product), and so I was at a major loss trying to shoot wedding details without a macro lens. The one lens that fit was in excellent condition and did a great job."

modified review This review was modified by ErinRW on October 18 2014 03:28:31 PM

"These guys are amazing! Great service, Great products and I have yet to have to wait for inventory. We've used them a number of times now and every time has been stress free. Thanks guys! A true pleasure... Now if I can just remember to order everything the first time!"

"I'm so pleased how Borrowlenses responded to my request of having a replacement with the original order that I had. I reported that the lens that I received isn't working properly, so borrow lenses sent me a replacement overnight without asking me any questions. I am so happy because I was able to do some of my project without delay. I'll definitely order and borrow lenses again.

"After having rented out one of Canon's L series lenses, I will say i'm very pleased with BorrowLenses.com I've heard many good stories about their service and i am happy to have experienced the same service as them. Being a first time customer, i did extensive research into what i was getting into. Their customer service was very helpful in providing me the correct answers! The product I rented out came in excellent condition, and i can't wait to try them out again! "

modified review This review was modified by arunl4316 on October 15 2014 03:24:50 PM

"My first disappointment in borrowlenses.com - I had a lens rental lined up, and to my disappointment, they couldn't easily switch payment cards in their system and the only way to get my lens was to cancel my existing order and pray that the lens wasn't picked up before I hit ship in my cart. I obliged.

I was not told there was a cancellation fee, and I was VERY upset to find that less than a minute after the official release from borrowlenses over the phone was given my rental was picked up by another person.

This means I had to frantically find a new lens two days before I needed it for a wedding, and to my disappointment, I had to pay a significant amount more for the new rental. My previous selection was $75 with tax and shipping, this rental was $102 with tax and shipping - fund that I wasn't planning to spend and had no choice this late in the game.

I will likely rent again because its the only reputable company that I know of, but I am very disappointed in the service received this past weekend.

"I've rented twice from BorrowLenses.com, and each time was excellent. The customer service at BorrowLenses is excellent, and they really know their gear. The quality of the equipment has always been top notch, and the rental prices (even if you use their insurance, which is handy) is pretty reasonable. But being able to get equipment sent to you via Fed Ex - especially if you live outside the Bay Area is invaluable. If you need gear for a shoot, or just wanted to try out some different equipment, you definitely should check BorrowLenses.com out."

modified review This review was modified by MediaAlchemy on August 21 2014 02:08:46 PM

"I recently rented a Canon 100-400mm zoom lens from Borrow Lenses. It was the first time I'd ever done business with the company. Everything went smoothly and I would highly recommend Borrow Lenses to anyone looking to rent camera gear in the future. Five stars all the way!"

modified review This review was modified by TMORTENSON on August 15 2014 03:11:35 PM

"I rented from BorrowLenses for the first time last week, and I was very impressed. In the past I have used other companies for rentals, but tried Borrowlenses based on a recommendation from colleagues. While their costs were slightly higher, their customer service, speed of delivery, and weekend policies more than make up for it. I can't imagine renting from anyplace else ever again. My lenses were deliver promptly early the first morning in great condition. They were carefully packed and arrived in great condition, and the return process was easy. I'm glad I found this great company!"

modified review This review was modified by ErinSc on August 09 2014 10:08:06 AM

"Rented two lenses, one top of the line Sony and one top of the line Nikkor. Both arrived on time as promised, were in excellent condition (better than I expected) and of course worked as they were designed.

The return was easy as the label was provided and the FedEx store is less than 1/2 mile from me.

So overall, a perfect experience! Thank you!

"I rented a 100 to 400 canon lens and a EOS 6D body for a trip to Montana. The lens was fine however there was a fiber or something on the sensor which required time consuming Photoshop work. It appears that the camera was not checked out prior to my renting it. Next time I would do some test shots before getting on the road."

modified review This review was modified by Schneebo60 on July 31 2014 05:09:55 PM

"I had a very good experience with BorrowLenses. I had been contemplating a camera purchase but decided to rent before buying. It turns out that the images from this model were good but not significantly better than my current equipment. Thanks to BL I saved myself a $1000+ purchase."

"This was my first time renting a lens and it was a great experience! Rental price was fair, communication from the company was awesome. The lens came in perfect condition and return was easy. I can't wait to use them again! "

BorrowLenses.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BorrowLenses.com is not a merchant member
BorrowLenses.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!