BorrowLenses.com Reviews - borrowlenses.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 9.80/10 2,503 reviews

BorrowLenses.com is a merchant member
BorrowLenses.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,887 merchant members.

What is this?

All Customer Reviews (2,527)

"Great customer service. great products. I enjoyed the experience. "

"I have used BorrowLenses twice, and it was an incredible experience both times. Website is easy. Shipped via Fedex and gives me access to equipment I could never normally get. Their customer service was great. "

"This was my very first time renting from Borrow Lenses. There is great communication about shipment. Easy to follow instructions were inside the box about how to return the lens as well. I highly recommend trying them and will definitely be using them again. The lens was packaged very safely. The equipment worked wonderfully. They even made returning the equipment easy.

Rating 6/103/5

"I heard great things about Borrowlenses.com and rented for the first time to use in a wedding this past Saturday.
Unfortunately the lens got in my house on Friday, nobody heard the door bell and the FEDEX guy left. I called FEDEX and they told me my box was in the truck and I had to wait for the next day. I waited the whole morning but soon I had to shoot the wedding and left without the lens.

I know it is not BorrowLenses fault that I didnt have the chance to use the lens, but I was really upset to pay without using it.

Do you recommend to order the lens 2 days prior to the shooting? Is there a way we get the box without having to sign?

Just want to find a better way to use the service of Borrowlenses.com...

"This was my first time using Borrow Lenses and I will definitely be using them again. Their shipping was perfect and arrived the day I requested it. It was packaged very safely. I received all of the items I requested. The equipment worked wonderfully. They even made returning the equipment easy.
A+ in my book!

"I have had great service for the 2nd time now. Would recommend them to anyone in need of camera gear for an event. It will get there on time and prices are fair."

"As an amateur photographer I was nervous using Borrowlenses for the first time. I was afraid the lens wouldn't arrive in time before I needed it or that they would say there were problems with the return, but the entire process was smooth and hassle-free! They made returns very easy, just slap the included label on the box and drop it off for shipping! They saved me over a thousand dollars because I ended up not liking the lens after using it for a couple of weeks. I'll definitely try out more lenses through BorrowLenses before committing to buy!"

"This place delivers, literally and figuratively. I needed a supertelephoto lens for a spur-of-the-moment trip and they had a great lens in stock (Canon L-series) at an incredibly reasonable rate that they overnighted to me. I love the way they make it so easy with step-by-step instructions and return label. I will definitely use them again and recommend them."

"I've used BorrowLenses multiple times mostly for pleasure trips. They have treated me very well and I'd recommend them to anyone who's looking to test out a lens before buying it or just needs a lens for a specific shoot."

"Amazingly easy to order, receive and ship back. The lens was so clean and well taken care of, I wish I could have kept it!! :) I will be using borrowed lenses in the future, as I buy all my lenses with out credit, this is a great company to give me the option to use some great lenses as I save for the ones I want most! The customer service is amazing to, I thought I would have to pay a late fee because my order wasn't picked up until later that day, and the fee was waived as Jen saw that it was picked up, just not tracked. I don't know about you, but when a company appreciates their customers and show it, it just makes you want to keep giving them business! :)

Thank you!!

"My first rental experience with BL was flawless. I rented a Canon 5DM3, with a 70mm-300 lens, and a Zacuto LCD viewfinder for 3 days. When signing up, some people have complained about the "identity prooving" process (scan DL, Utility bill and cc) - This was not an issue for me, for I realize that for a rental company of expensive photo/video equipment, they have minimal insurance charges, with NO huge deposit required - only an credit hold for the amount of the rental. Of course they need to be careful who they rent to, without meeting or speaking with the party. The equipment arrived on the date that I specified, was almost new and worked perfectly, and easy to return with their return package slip. The process couldn't have been smoother. I highly recommend BorrowLenses.com!"

"I had a situation where I damaged one of my lenses and had to rent a lens at very short notice. The staff at BorrowLenses.com were able to ship me a lens overnight after the point where it was too late for me to do so on their website. They were extremely helpful and very professional. The thing I like most about BorrowLenses.com is that they seem to understand how important having the right equipment at the right time is for professional photographers, and they will do whatever is necessary to make sure their customers are covered. I highly recommend them."

"Once again great service from BorrowLenses.com. The mark of a good business is how they respond when things go wrong. I always pay extra for over-night shipping because I want my order to arrive on time. This time--it didn't! UPS left it on a trailer in Louisville, KY. They wouldn't even allow me to drive there and get it. BorrowLenses.com comped the shipping and one day of the rental fee. This was a nice gesture on their part. I doesn't make up for missing 24 hours of shooting but I understand that it is not their fault. I recommend that BorrowLenses.com switches to FEDEX for overnight deliveries. They understand that overnight means the next day! UPS seems to think that it doesn't matter that an overnight delivery takes two days."

"Excellent: a great inventory, very reasonable pricing, easy shipping- both ways, wonderful and personal service."

"Excellent company and VERY easy to work with. Their customer service is always friendly, knowledgable and seems very experienced and easy going. Their rental prices are some of the fairest in the business too, A+ company. Whenever I need rental lenses or cameras this is my go to!"