BorrowLenses.cCoupons

• Address: 1664 Industrial Road San Carlos, CA 94070
    • Contact: help@borrowlenses.com
    • Phone: 650-508-3370
    • Customer Support: 650-508-3370
    • Business Hours: Monday to Friday: 10am - 6pm Saturday: 10am - 4pm Sunday: Closed
    • Fax: 866-771-9358

Product & services pricing Rating 6.79/10 6.79/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.86/10 8.86/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.03/10 9.03/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.09/10 8.09/10

What is this?

"I rented a lens for 3 days at a cost of $100.

Since it was a tight rental period, I booked 3 shoots, one for each day - which, had everything arrived on time would have left me plenty of time.

The ETA of 4pm Friday came and went, so that was the first shoot missed.

I called FedEx who explained it was their mistake, and requested they hold it at the depot for me to collect in person, rather than put it out on another delivery truck, since I'd have no control over the time it arrived unless I picked up in person.

Of course, that didn't happen, it WAS loaded onto another truck, and I missed the second shoot I had booked.

Finally got the lens 16hours late, in time I had paid for.

Now granted, this is pretty much FedEx's mistake to this point, but the "we don't care" attitude I had from borrowlenses customer service when I explained all this, was what makes me the most disappointing.

I was not only financially out of pocket for the lens, but frustrated to boot, and with 2 paying clients that now think I'm unreliable and unprofessional.

It doesn;t take too many displeased customers to harm business in a town, and the potential cost of that has yet to be seen.

Borrowlenses.com's offer to refund HALF my shipping cost was more annoying than anything else.

I didn't feel I should have to pay for any of the rental, in fairness, and while I accepted their embarrassingly poor offer of half the rental cost plus half shipping as reimbursement, weeks later i am still waiting to see that refund.

Never again.

"Renting was a breeze. BL had exactly what I needed! Ordering was simply. The package arrived promptly, and packaged well. Return was clarified and sent w List & label, making it easy to pack up and return ;}"

"The service was exceptional. The prices were very good and it's not everyday a company will let you rent $1,500.00 worth of equipment with no deposit. Insurance is even optional. The renting process was fairly easy, and it's definitely a great help for photographers who want to try before they buy, or can't afford to buy equipment they will use occasionally. . Since it was my first time, I have to upload some verification materials to their sites. The lenses I rented arrived on time and well protected. The return process was a breeze. They keep you inform with your rental status, a reminder email was sent the day before the lenses were due for return, and a thank you email was sent as well to let you know they have received the lenses back. All communications were very polite and courteous. Top notch service that deserves 6 stars. I will definitely rent from BorrowLenses again and will recommend them to all my friends . Kudos to BorrowLenses !"

"Great prices, great gear. Very reasonable rates, return included and the gear arrived on time, in excellent condition. I enjoyed being able to test new gear, before buying. Items delivered to my door, ready to go. The communication was great as well. Easy to rent, easy to return. I'd definitely recommend BorrowLenses!! Lots of cameras, lenses and other gear available for anyone to play with!! Loved it!! Can't wait to try some new gear again!!"

"I recently rented a Canon 8-15mm f/4 L fisheye lens. Sadly, I fell in love with it and it will likely be my next purchase. Optically, the lens was spot on and I was very pleased with its performance. Cosmetically, the lens showed some age and wear, but the performance was all that mattered. I was a little disappointed in the box it arrived in. The box had been well used with rounded and frayed corners, duck tape from a previous shipper/renter, and about 4 or 5 return labels from previous use. Kudos for reusing boxes, but this one has seen better days and it's the first thing a customer sees. The only other issue that I had was the foam insert for shipping protection. The hole in the center for the lens to sit in was rectangular shaped. Not a huge deal, but the front of the lens sat nicely in the cut out while the back end of the lens to slide to the side slightly."

"Again Borrow Lenses has gone above and beyond to help me get an order on time, regardless of the shipment company having issues. When a package didn't arrive due to shipping issues, they overnighted the equipment we needed. Within an hour of calling them, I had an email saying replacement equipment was enroute and we'd be good for our production."

"Great rental experience. Consistently delivers as promised and always very professional and kind in their emails. I will be renting more often with them. "

"Wonderful customer service. Called to make sure that my order was exactly how I wanted it the day they were going to ship it and saved me a lot of trouble on set because I had mis-ordered an item.

Had a bit of a hiccup with returning my package but they were quick to respond and very helpful.

"Been renting from them for over two years I think. Never a problem, always on time, quality equipment, great phone and email service. Always recommend to my friends, only rent from here despite the distance gap"

"I have rented lenses from 3 different companies and Borrow Lenses.com are by far the BEST company to rent from. Fast service, fast delivery too!! Will not rent from anyone else!!!"

"I dropped and broke my favorite lens 48 hours before a shoot. I had never rented a lens before and was recommended to use you folks from a friend. You came through and delivered overnight without an issue. Rented two lens 85mm 1.8 and the 17-55mm 2.8 great condition and worked amazingly on my 70d. Thank you thank you thank you. Great price and amazing service/delivery.

Definitely will use your service again.

"Rented a Canon 6D and it couldn't have been easier! I received it when expected and was able to extend my rental 2 times without any complications!! I will absolutely go this route again if needed!"

"I rented the following equipment:

a) Canon EOS 1D X Digital SLR

b) Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM II Lens

c.) Sandisk 32GB Extreme UDMA CompactFlash Memory

d) Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens

Everything came perfectly packed to me. For some reason the shipping got sidetracked, but borrow lenses with their superior customer service refunded me the shipping cost and brought the camera to me on time for the event that I would be shooting. The office in Waltham, MA exceeded my expectations.

"Not my first rodeo and definitely not my last! I intend to rent another lens within a week or two!
BorrowLenses went above and beyond this time! I rented a Nikon 70-200mm lens online, for 7 days with a 10% discount. Then I went through a half hour of facebook stuff and BL had a discount code for 25% off on a rental. I called the mother store and explained that I had just ordered and I would appreciate the 25% over to 10%. As usual, BL was happy to adjust! In retrospect, I should have rented for 3 more days!
Always a pleasure to rent from, I always watch the used sales, dreaming of a favorite coming up on the chopping block!
On to the good stuff: BorrowLenses has THE BEST customer service team, you should give lessons on providing excellent service to others in MANY industries. Fastest service I know of and I do quite a bit of online ordering.

"Had a great time renting from BorrowLenses. The company I was originally renting from had a problem and cancelled on me 5 days before I concert my team and I had to photograph. I rented my equipment right away and got the equipment a day before I needed it with excellent equipment condition. The return was easy and experience great! Definitely going to rent more equipment for the show I have to photography in a month if I'm not able to buy my own by that point."

Share BorrowLenses.com's store rating

BorrowLenses.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BorrowLenses.com is a merchant member
BorrowLenses.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,859 merchant members.