Stores > BorrowLenses.com

650-508-3370
      866-771-9358
      help@borrowlenses.com
      650-508-3370

Voice your opinion! Review BorrowLenses.com by clicking a star below.
2017-10-20

Don’t rent anything from here

"Was counting on borrow lenses to ship a newly released nikon camera to me for an upcoming trip. Ordered weeks in advance to ensure I would get in time. A day before the camera was supposed to ship and already after charging me the full rental amount the call me to say that they don’t have enough copies of this camera to fulfill the rental order. Don’t list something on your website claiming it will be available unless you actually have enough cameras to rent. Will never do business with this company again. "

2017-07-17

Threatened with jail time

"Horrible horrible company! I have atleast 30 emails threatening me with jail time over and over again as well as suing me If I don't return or pay $3000 for a camera that's only worth $900 and that I rented 10 months ago and returned just as instructions stated. The man claims they never got it but they took over 9 months to contact me???? He said he apologized for the delay but never apologized for my mental and emotional anguish as he sent me 5-6 emails a day over a few weeks time. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't received and I bought insurance btw that they would have made it a priority to contact me asap! LYING UNETHICAL COMPANY AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!"

2017-05-29

They don't care about the customer

"Needed a second camera for a feature. Rented the same camera as the one I own. Worked fine for two days then simply would not record. Then noticed it was having strange vignetting problems with the lenses. Submitted my complaint, returned the camera. And surprise - they couldn't find anything wrong with it. And they wanted to charge me for a new battery and charger because their bar code stickers fell off. Two days of complaining and arguing and they did not charge me for the missing bar codes (and accepted the fact that what they received was in fact their own gear) but still charged me full price for the rental.

To say this is poor customer service is to be polite. It's rather telling when nobody involved with the company will give out their full names. Really shady operation. Do not do business with them. And don't be fooled by their pricing. You're better off shopping locally.

2016-11-10

They "determine" your deposit based on your ID Photo.

"I ordered a camera + some other gear for a shoot I'm having this weekend. I read their policies and it says 99% of their orders DO NOT require a deposit. Once I ordered everything and they charged my card, I got a follow up email to verify my account. I sent a photo of my ID and credit card. Shortly after I get an email stating they "determined" I needed a $3000 deposit. I called their verification department and asked how they "determined" I need a $3000 deposit. He didn't have an answer, he just said that's what underwriting had determined. I was then told even if I got a cheaper camera and less equipment the deposit would still be $3000. With no reasonable explanation for the deposit requirement I was forced to cancel my order days before my shoot! Its very obvious they seen my ID and "determined" I needed a $3000 deposit. For now on I will only send my ID with my photo blacked out. "

2015-12-17

"DO NOT RENT FROM BORROWLENSES. Awful, Awful, Awful company. I decided to try this company on one of my professional trips to Chicago. I tested the equipment with a couple test shots, and it seemed to work fine. When I got to my location, the camera kept giving me error screens. I reset it. I charged it. I recharged it. Changed the lens. Nothing was working, so I immediately emailed the company to get their feedback and they responded by saying either there would be an exchange or compensation if the camera "passed with their technicians". I am not one to write awful reviews, and I am usually pretty easy to work with so I asked for an exchange so I could finish my rental date and have them look at it. My exchange camera came-- super fast... that was great, because I had a session the following day--- but I turned it on--- and NOTHING. ANOTHER DUD. I feel like with so many titan type professionals backing this company up-- that they would be a company to trust. I emailed them again, after sending the now 2nd malfunction camera back--- only to find out the completely blew me off to say "Our technicians received the gear you had trouble with during your rental. Unfortunately, our technicians could not recreate the issue you experienced with your order. Technicians reported, 'Nikon D750 (3005886) worked without issues when testing it. Had no operating issues during testing.' The gear is up to manufacture standards. If you would like we can retest the gear after it returns from it's current order. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
Abigail C."
Awful company. I hope professionals don't waste their money--- especially if they are relying on being paid for quality work. I am now out $1500 plus the rental fee. DO NOT RENT FROM BORROWLENSES. I will be spreading the word in my area asap-- to hope that others don't get scammed.

2015-09-30

"New customer. Even though they advertise they don't require deposits on 99% of rentals, they asked me for one to rent a $200 lens. I don't fully understand why, but their competition, on the other hand, rented me a $2k+ camera, with no deposit down other than showing them a form of ID and a picture of my CC. For a first time customer.

Their staff is friendly and helpful, and I would rent again if not for their insurance policies.

2015-09-04

"I have rented from BorrowLenses for the last two years. I rent cameras and lenses while on mission trips to Ethiopia every summer. Last year, I was super happy! This year, not so much...
I stretched my budget as much as I could to rent the Canon 7D and had high expectations. Unfortunately, every time I took a picture, everything white in the image would be filled with black when I reviewed the image, which made it really difficult to properly judge the image! :( It was also frustrating to see my images turning out blurry even when I tried just switching settings and/or switching out my lenses. I will rent again from BorrowLenses, but only if I have enough time to test out the equipment before I leave the country! (I found CameraLends.com to be a great alternative.)

2015-07-31

"Awesome custom service. Had no trouble at all, the 2 lenses i rented came in mint condition and worked perfectly for the wedding I shot. "

2015-07-30

"I had ordered two GH4 bodies from another renter, but was notified the day they were to ship that one of them was returned broken and they could only send me one!

BorrowLenses to the rescue! With no notice, I was able to go online and order a GH4 rental and it arrived two days later along with the equipment from the other place!

And while BL received my rental one day later than the other place (as well as a third place on a lens), I have already received noticed that they received the GH4 back and it was A-OK!

Really good service! I would rent from them again without hesitation!

That having been said, I also rented a lens from another place that ships everything in a tough pelican case. That provides a little more piece-of-mind, and I would welcome such a feature in the future.

2015-07-29

"First time I ever rented a lens and had a VERY positive experience!! The whole process was easy. I received it on time, I lens were in great condition, packaging was also great and very easy returns upon use. I will be renting from Borrow Lenses again and again! Very satisfied customer. "

2015-07-28

"A pleasure to do business with them. Selection is reasonable, prices are reasonable. Packaging feels very safe."

2015-07-23

"Always a top knotch experience. I have rented with BL several times when I have a need for a specific lens. They always come through. Fast shipping knowledgeable and courteous service."

2015-07-21

"This was my first experience using BorrowLenses but it won't be the last. It was a very easy process. I ordered a D700 while mine was in the shop for repairs. The camera came with everything I needed, including the battery charger and strap. It had some wear from use and I made note of the scuffs on the camera just for good measure. The order showed up as needed the day before the shoot and worked perfectly for the event that I needed it for.

Return was just as easy as the shipment. My ONLY request would be to have an option for either UPS or FedEx when placing the order. I work at a place with daily UPS pick up and delivery, but not FedEx.

Either way, this will NOT be the last time I use BorrowLenses for my needs!

2015-07-15

"My first rental and definitely won't be my last. Camera arrived timely. Good communication throughout the rental process from shipping to final return. A couple of questions posed to customer service about the return were answered promptly and courteously. I would definitely recommend BorrowLenses.com to anyone contemplating a short term need for cameras and lenses."

2015-07-14

"This experience was amazing! I have been interested in buying a new DSLR for quite some time now, but wanted to really have a chance to experiment with the camera I was considering. BorrowLenses.com was able to provide me with a fast, easy, and inexpensive way for me to play around with the camera in depth, and "in the field" if you will. It was incredible. I really have nothing to complain about. Well perhaps one thing. Their site is called BorrowLenses.com, that's all well and good, but technically I rented the equipment not borrowed it. Ok, I'm now splitting hairs. Seriously though, not using this site and its services is a mistake."

Share BorrowLenses.com's store rating

BorrowLenses.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BorrowLenses.com is not a merchant member
BorrowLenses.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!