• Rating 3.67/10 20 reviews

Bootbay.com is not a merchant member
    Bootbay.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Bootbay.com contact information

" I have ordered online through multiple companies for years. NEVER have I had such terrible customer service, as Ive had with these people!!! Ordered on 12/17, and never received a receipt even though my PayPal was charged. Wrote site, and no response. Wrote the site again, and finally someone wrote back and apologized for no receipt and no response. Said boots would be arriving soon. Still didnt give order #. Boots arrived after Christmas. So much for a Christmas present on time! They were wrong size, so returned. Only the return info on receipt with shoes wasn't correct. You have to follow return info from site. What a headache! Finally got that done. No word from return dept for week. Contact mid Jan, and they tell me the boots I want are back ordered till beginning Feb. Ok. I call back beginning of Feb, no one answers for days, during hours. Finally someone answers, and they cant find me in their computer. Then finally they find me and say I owe a difference. Pay it, and they disconnect. No tracking number, no confirmation number. What? Two weeks later I call to check on status of boots, I get met by Jessica who had nothing but attitude with me because she couldn't find me in the system. So much she disconnected with me and was annoyed when she got me again, when I called back!! She was so rude when finally found me in their computer and said my order was under my maiden name. How was I to know that? Couldn't you pull it up from my address or zip code, etc. She informed me the boots were back ordered till March and I was aware of this because they called and told me. I said, no you didn't. She said with attitude, "Well, you or someone pretending to be you called and paid the difference and I'm sure they were told then." I said, no. I was told they would be shipped after I paid. She laughed and then I said, forget it I want a refund. She got even more attitude. First rejected my request. Then she said, "Fine, someone will call you back with that info." Really? Like I trust that to happen. You can't give me a confirmation number or anything? She told me someone will call or email me with that info. I said, how? You told me you didn't have my email or number on file. Aye! These people are nothing but trouble!! Never again ordering through them, and telling everyone I know the same thing. "

modified review This review was modified by Stylistgirl on February 20 2014 11:27:34 AM

"WOW! I read reviews here and was worried about placing an order
with bootbay.com. The price was so good and receiving the order in a great hurry wasn't important. PLEASE note that I am writing this review on October 10 and the order was place LATE in the evening on October 8! AMAZING to receive an order that fast! The boots were great....size and price, and the shipping was almost as fast as shopping in person! FIVE STARS from me!

modified review This review was modified by TMunc on October 10 2013 02:18:50 PM

"After doing lots of online price comparisons I found that Bootbay.com had the cheapest price on the boots I was looking for. I saved about 35% on my order and received free shipping. I was sent a confirmation email, but no shipping or tracking emails. Just when I started to think I may have made a mistake in ordering from Bootbay.com I received my boots. It only took six business days from the day that I ordered them until the day they showed up at the door. Completely reasonable shipping time."

modified review This review was modified by ntyler on September 24 2013 09:45:29 PM

"Be aware! These guys are dangers! First it took them over a week to send out the shipment, they told me they didn’t get the tracking Number yet, but i'm not stupid I traced it from the shipping package, so I can see it was send out a week later, then the product looked like it was a old stock, doesn’t fit, I true it in garbage, watch how you buy from this guys!"

"I ordered a pair of Ariat boots on 12/13/12 (Thursday) , missing the cutoff date for guaranteed Christmas delivery by 1 day. I was willing to gamble on the shipping since it was not shipping very far. Boot Bay told me the order would go to Ariat on Monday and confirmed the boot was in stock and available to ship as soon as the order processed. On Monday, Boot Bay sent me a UPS tracking number. 4 days later, tracking was still showing UPS had not received my package for scanning. Boot Bay responded to me that since I did not pay the $20 extra for expedited shipping, my order was being held so that they could accommodate expedited orders. I understand that the transit process time would be a gamble but I was not aware that they would actually have Ariat or UPS hold my order until the 26th of December before shipping it. This is unacceptable. I will never do business with Boot Bay again. I'm not sure who is at fault but I would think that if Boot Bay is purchasing product from Ariat and reselling them to me, then Boot Bay would have some control over when they want the item drop shiped. I placed my order over the phone specifically to confirm and ensure the boot was in stock and could ship asap. "

"I don't know that I have ever dealt with a company with customer service this poor. I ordered boots on 12/1 for my son's birthday, 12/8. I received an order confirmation, but no shipping confirmation and was told that was normal. I waited until Friday, 12/7 to inquire once again about these boots and it kept going to answering machine even though it was prior to posted closing time. I reached them on Monday, 12/10 and they tried to lie and tell me they had contacted me by phone and e-mail, I assure you this is not true. I find out the boots are on backorder and they have know this since Monday, 12/3 and no one ever contacted me by phone, text, e-mail or pony express. Save your time and money and go to a more reputable place. I consider myself lucky the boots didn't come, I would hate to think I had to deal with trying to return something if trying to buy something is this difficult."

modified review This review was modified by ajdrn on December 10 2012 01:31:01 PM

"I must admit that after reading a couple marginal reviews about BootBay, I had hesitations about placing an order with this upstart retailer. As other customers have noted, they did not automatically send out an email order confirmation but were able to provide me a UPS tracking number when I contacted them by phone. What I did receive, however, was a splendid pair of late model Merrell hiking boots shipped precisely on time and $40 cheaper than REI or any other store on the internet!! If you're looking for low prices and prompt delivery, and can deal with bare bones customer support, they are definitely worth a try!"

"My experience with bootbay was good. I will say that I did not receive an e-mail confirmation or receipt of any type, but did receive my order for a high-priced pair of boots in just 4 days. Not to mention the fact that the boots I purchased were cheaper than any other online store by about $40.

I would have liked more communication, but in the end I am satisfied.

"Don't buy from bootbay. I ordered some boots for my dad. They called to tell me it was going to take 2 months for them to get here. Luckily my dad wasn't in any hurry to get them. 2 months later we called to ask where they were and they said it was going to take another month. We canceled the order and bought from onlinebootstore instead. Terrible service. Don't buy from bootbay."

"Worst Customer service!!!! so my husband and i needed new riding boots. When we recieved them my husband sat on the porch to try his on(we live on a farmette) he stood up walked around on porch and says they are too big we did not know ariats run big. so he put them back in the box and asked me to return them for a siz smaller. Next morning i mailed the boots out thinking this is going to be no problem. well...what we didn't realize is some dust particals were on the bottom of boots when he walk around on porch..they called said that these boots were clearly worn and they don't resell used boots...not kidding so after i tried talking to them and my husband did too they said they already shipped them back. then two weeks later we didnt recieve them back..so he calls and talks to someone and she is like well ive been waiting for a call back..call back for what??? they been sitting on this girls amandas desk for two weeks..hmm he argues with them again they send them back. we recieve them and look at the bottom no dust or dirt on heels or sides or in treads of boots just a small coating where he stood up and kinda did that push up on the toes..so brand new boots 130dollars spent n hubby doesn't have boots to wear. would never recommand this company to anyone ive been in retail for over 10years never seen such bad customer service..also if u do buy from them wash the boots before sending back so u don;t run into the same problem"

"Ordered women's boots size 7 and received size 8. I sent it back the same day and called them to ask how long is gonna take to get a refund and who's gonna pay for return shipping (it was their fault not mine). They told me 3 business days and to put return shipping receipt into the box and they will refund that also. 4 days after they received my return no sign of refund on my cc so called again and they told me the same: 3 business days. I ended disputing a charge on my cc cause I'm done with waiting. I lost return shipping though plus time for all the calls. Better don't waste your time buying anything from them."

"This place is a joke at best. They draw you in with great competitive pricing but that's about all they offer. Even if you pay the extra $20 for "express shipping" you don't see any progress with your order days after it was placed. When you ask for an update or just any info regarding your order chances are you'll get the status of another persons order."

"OK, so here is the deal. I was very skeptical on this order. I ordered a high end Ariat boot from them. I did indeed receive a order confirmation, but that is all you are going to get. I was in the dark until 5 days later, the boots shows up via UPS. Perfect condition in original factory box. In retrospect, the order was right on time and $50.00 below anybody's price. You can't beat the price and delivery. I would recommend Boot Bay as long as you don't need your hand held through the order process."

"UNBELIEVABLE!!! This place... On 10/22 I place an order for some boots. Immediately I see there's a problem with the charge because the receipt shows a purchase of $83- when my order total was $51- I have to wait until Monday 10/24 until their cust. serv is open. I call and they say that they fixed my order, I will only be charged for 1 boot (their system charged me for 2). She said the boots would be shipped that afternoon. On Wed 10/26 I get an email that my order couldn't be processed. Today I try to pay my cell phone bill with my prepaid card and I can't because bootbay still has a hold for $83- on my card! This wasn't even the correct amount of my order. Now, they are not answering emails or phone. Am I being ripped off or what? "

knguye11's Avatar
Silicon Valley

"I wanted to upgrade my hiking boot and was looking online for Asolo PW Matic 200GV in particular. Bootbay has my size and it was available. I called their customer service number to double check. Bootbay has the best price on these boots. The agent was helpful answered all my questions. The boot arrived on time as promised and well packaged. I get emails confirm on every stage of the process. I would recommend and not hesitate to buy from Bootbay again.

The previous complaints must have been years past. I think Bootbay have up their game since must online stores now are competitive with pricing and customer service.