Stores > BookRenter

Customer service: Rating 0.20/10 0.20/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.19/10 0.19/10

2016-02-01

this place ****

"I rented a physics textbook and needed the supplemental access. The title even says Physics: Principles With Applications Plus MasteringPhysics with eText -- Access Card so I assumed it had it. Got the book today and it doesn't have it. On the website, apparently it says not all books have the supplemental. First of all, I didn't see that. Second of all, it says some doesn't come with it, so which ones do exactly? I called them and they'll refund the money except for shipping costs since it's "not the website's fault". It kind of is when it says it has it in the title. Don't go here."

This review was modified by taylorrenae on February 01 2016 03:37:50 PM

2016-01-28

Worst book renting website - do not order from here!

"I ordered a book, and they sent me the wrong one. I was told that I could either get the right book expedited to me for free or receive a refund. I said I wanted the book expedited to me since I needed it for a test coming up. They ignored me, and issued me a refund but did not refund me for shipping. They told me to order the book again, and that I would have to pay for the $20 expedited shipping myself. They made two mistakes, neither my fault, and did not seem to care at all. "

2016-01-26

DO NOT RENT FROM HERE

"These idiots say that I returned the wrong book (which is not even possible because I only took one class this semester). Their costumer service is horrendous! I called in and they claimed they received a nursing book (again this is impossible). They now refuse to email me back and when I call in they say there is nothing they can do. This is ludicrous and I warn anyone to AVOID RENTING FROM HERE! The possibility of them screwing you over and charging you for a book is very likely... If they did it to me they could do it to anyone. I have rented from so many places and have never had this problem. After hours of trying to fight this, I'm just taking it as a $100 lesson and hopefully this review saves anyone else from the stress and money they caused me! :("

2016-01-26

Very unprofessional and unreliable

"I ordered 3 books off of BookRenter and 20 days later my books had still not gotten here. I emailed customer service and got a very vague response saying they have until the 25th for it to be considered on time and it was the 25th. They ignored that I had gotten an email from them saying they had been delivered. I called customer service and was not able to get ahold of a representative, so I left a message asking for them to call me... No call. No email back. I just got an email about 2 days later that all three books were returned and I was refunded the money, but was still charged for shipping. Do not order from BookRenter. "

This review was modified by sevitts on January 26 2016 09:30:05 AM

2016-01-22

NEVER RENT FROM HERE--THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!

"They completely screwed me. I followed their instructions exactly and they charged me to buy the book because their label didn't work. They are liars. They are thieves. They are idiots. Do not rent from here. They are just as likely to screw you are they were me. Find somewhere else. Anywhere is better than here. The only reason I gave them one star is because 0 stars wasn't an option."

2016-01-22

Buyer BEWARE!

"Understand that if you purchase a book through Bookrenter THERE ARE NO RETURNS! I purchased a book for calculus but on the first day of class the professor told us the required book had changed. $230 straight down the toilet. My advice is to go with Amazon; they treat students right."

This review was modified by MTpocketsinTX on January 22 2016 02:29:01 PM

2016-01-19

No problems whatsoever

"I have rented a book in the past and had no problem with receiving it and returning it was simple. I recently purchased a book which also went smoothly. In both instances the books were VERY cheap. The first I rented for somewhere between $15-$20 and the second I bought for $20 or $30. Overall, a great experience."

2016-01-18

Never received book

"They shipped it to themselves. How much sense does that make?! I asked for them to send a replacement but John Kevin in customer advised me that I would get a refund when they got the book back... they that shipped to themselves. He also advised I order another book. No. I don't think I will ever do business with you again. I have homework to do!"

2016-01-15

Awful Customer Service from Lousie C

"I had been using this website for the past couple semesters now, without issue. My most recent order was missing a book, and had a duplicate book in the package. When I called Customer Service, the representative had no idea what to do and had to keep putting me on hold to ask a supervisor. Finally, after an hour and a half on the phone, I was told me missing book was in transit, and I was told to send the duplicate book back. 2 weeks later, and my missing book still hasnt arrived. I called Customer Service again and the representative, Lousie C., was very rude and was not clear when explaining the situation to me. After an hour on the phone with him, I asked to speak to a supervisor, and he told me that a supervisor would not talk to me because he was busy, which I knew was a lie. I asked for my missing book to be sent out and a partial refund, since I wouldn't have my book for my full rental time. He gave me a full refund instead and would not send my missing book out. I AM NEVER BUYING FOR THIS GHETTO WEBSITE AGAIN!"

This review was modified by JasminexCutter on January 15 2016 08:33:20 AM

2016-01-09

"Paid for overnight shipping, $19.99, and didn't receive my book on time. Poor shipping and very poor customer service -- refused to give me a refund for the shipping charges."

This review was modified by tigerfan14 on January 09 2016 07:14:34 AM

2016-01-04

"Send more promos so existing customers can take advantage of"

2015-12-29

"I get a lot if my books from bookrenter. They are great and every time i see a book I need from them I almost jump on it."

2015-12-28

"Untrustworthy. DO NOT Use the service. They charge hidden fees.
Horrible customer service.

2015-12-21

"I was over charged for the book
the same book was less then half off a week later

2015-12-20

"THEY NEVER SEND ME A RENTAL RETURN REMINDER. I HAVE IT SET UP FOR EMAIL AND TEXT AND THEY NEVER EVER SEND IT."

Share BookRenter's store rating

BookRenter is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BookRenter is a merchant member
BookRenter participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,635 merchant members.