Stores > BookRenter

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.17/10 1.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.17/10 0.17/10

2016-05-25

Don't Do It.

"They sent me a damaged book that was literally taped together. The material was legible, yes, but it was barely holding together. Then, when I returned it, they accused ME of damaging the book, and charged me a $15 fee.

If you want to get a damaged book, and then pay for damages you didn't cause, by all means use them. However, I'll not be falling for it again.

This review was modified by daniel6tillman on May 25 2016 10:52:23 AM

2016-03-09

DO NOT BUY FROM BOOKRENTER THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!!

"I ordered a textbook from BookRenter that I needed for a graduate class. For some reason the book did not get delivered and the tracking # online stated "contact the sender." I had a chat with a rep that told me if it still wasn't delivered in a few days BookRenter would expedite the book to me. When it wasn't redelivered I had another chat with a rep on a Friday who told me the book was being expedited so I informed him that if for some reason I could not get the book in the next few days to let me know and I will purchase from another company. The BookRenter rep assured me the order was being expedited and went as far to say "I guarantee the book will arrive by Wednesday". About 10 minutes later I checked my email and there was a message from BookRenter stating, "my order had been cancelled". Thinking this was some kind of mistake I again contacted BookRenter and was told that the book was out of stock. This particular rep could not give me a straight answer on how the order went from being expedited to cancelled in less than 10 minutes plus why the previous rep did not tell me the order was out of stock. I then mentioned that the book I ordered was being returned to BookRenter so it should arrive within the next day or two therefore can they just resend the book and the rep told me no. They the rep tells me that the book was in stock but the price had changed to 5 times more than what I paid. I wish I would have read all the negative reviews before I even dealt with BookRenter. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!! "

This review was modified by Jerravic on March 09 2016 09:45:51 AM

2016-03-08

Terrible Customer Service!

"We rented from here and returned the book. It has gotten stolen/lost in the mail and we have repeatedly sought to find the book and resolve the issue. Without warning, we started receiving no response from Bookrenter, just a debt collection notice for the book. Customer service has been no help to us in our communication with them. We no longer have the book , and are being charged the full price of almost $400. Do NOT rent from here!!"

2016-02-18

Good Shape, Good Price, & Fast Shipping

"BookRenter was able to provide me with a book I desperately needed, quickly. The rental was at a great price and was much easier than going to the campus bookstore (more cost efficient as well)."

2016-02-04

Be Careful - No flexibility

"I ordered a book and class was canceled. Unfortunately it was past the 21 days and it was my fault I ordered too early. They would not even provide a partial refund on a rental. They have no flexibility when it comes to their customers. I will not order from them again and learned my lesson."

This review was modified by patruta on February 04 2016 04:13:52 AM

2016-02-01

this place ****

"I rented a physics textbook and needed the supplemental access. The title even says Physics: Principles With Applications Plus MasteringPhysics with eText -- Access Card so I assumed it had it. Got the book today and it doesn't have it. On the website, apparently it says not all books have the supplemental. First of all, I didn't see that. Second of all, it says some doesn't come with it, so which ones do exactly? I called them and they'll refund the money except for shipping costs since it's "not the website's fault". It kind of is when it says it has it in the title. Don't go here."

This review was modified by taylorrenae on February 01 2016 03:37:50 PM

2016-01-28

Worst book renting website - do not order from here!

"I ordered a book, and they sent me the wrong one. I was told that I could either get the right book expedited to me for free or receive a refund. I said I wanted the book expedited to me since I needed it for a test coming up. They ignored me, and issued me a refund but did not refund me for shipping. They told me to order the book again, and that I would have to pay for the $20 expedited shipping myself. They made two mistakes, neither my fault, and did not seem to care at all. "

2016-01-26

DO NOT RENT FROM HERE

"These idiots say that I returned the wrong book (which is not even possible because I only took one class this semester). Their costumer service is horrendous! I called in and they claimed they received a nursing book (again this is impossible). They now refuse to email me back and when I call in they say there is nothing they can do. This is ludicrous and I warn anyone to AVOID RENTING FROM HERE! The possibility of them screwing you over and charging you for a book is very likely... If they did it to me they could do it to anyone. I have rented from so many places and have never had this problem. After hours of trying to fight this, I'm just taking it as a $100 lesson and hopefully this review saves anyone else from the stress and money they caused me! :("

2016-01-26

Very unprofessional and unreliable

"I ordered 3 books off of BookRenter and 20 days later my books had still not gotten here. I emailed customer service and got a very vague response saying they have until the 25th for it to be considered on time and it was the 25th. They ignored that I had gotten an email from them saying they had been delivered. I called customer service and was not able to get ahold of a representative, so I left a message asking for them to call me... No call. No email back. I just got an email about 2 days later that all three books were returned and I was refunded the money, but was still charged for shipping. Do not order from BookRenter. "

This review was modified by sevitts on January 26 2016 09:30:05 AM

2016-01-22

NEVER RENT FROM HERE--THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!

"They completely screwed me. I followed their instructions exactly and they charged me to buy the book because their label didn't work. They are liars. They are thieves. They are idiots. Do not rent from here. They are just as likely to screw you are they were me. Find somewhere else. Anywhere is better than here. The only reason I gave them one star is because 0 stars wasn't an option."

2016-01-22

Buyer BEWARE!

"Understand that if you purchase a book through Bookrenter THERE ARE NO RETURNS! I purchased a book for calculus but on the first day of class the professor told us the required book had changed. $230 straight down the toilet. My advice is to go with Amazon; they treat students right."

This review was modified by MTpocketsinTX on January 22 2016 02:29:01 PM

2016-01-19

No problems whatsoever

"I have rented a book in the past and had no problem with receiving it and returning it was simple. I recently purchased a book which also went smoothly. In both instances the books were VERY cheap. The first I rented for somewhere between $15-$20 and the second I bought for $20 or $30. Overall, a great experience."

2016-01-18

Never received book

"They shipped it to themselves. How much sense does that make?! I asked for them to send a replacement but John Kevin in customer advised me that I would get a refund when they got the book back... they that shipped to themselves. He also advised I order another book. No. I don't think I will ever do business with you again. I have homework to do!"

2016-01-15

Awful Customer Service from Lousie C

"I had been using this website for the past couple semesters now, without issue. My most recent order was missing a book, and had a duplicate book in the package. When I called Customer Service, the representative had no idea what to do and had to keep putting me on hold to ask a supervisor. Finally, after an hour and a half on the phone, I was told me missing book was in transit, and I was told to send the duplicate book back. 2 weeks later, and my missing book still hasnt arrived. I called Customer Service again and the representative, Lousie C., was very rude and was not clear when explaining the situation to me. After an hour on the phone with him, I asked to speak to a supervisor, and he told me that a supervisor would not talk to me because he was busy, which I knew was a lie. I asked for my missing book to be sent out and a partial refund, since I wouldn't have my book for my full rental time. He gave me a full refund instead and would not send my missing book out. I AM NEVER BUYING FOR THIS GHETTO WEBSITE AGAIN!"

This review was modified by JasminexCutter on January 15 2016 08:33:20 AM

2016-01-09

"Paid for overnight shipping, $19.99, and didn't receive my book on time. Poor shipping and very poor customer service -- refused to give me a refund for the shipping charges."

This review was modified by tigerfan14 on January 09 2016 07:14:34 AM

Share BookRenter's store rating

BookRenter is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BookRenter is a merchant member
BookRenter participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,590 merchant members.