• BookRenter

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.34/10 2.34/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.20/10 3.20/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10

"My book was shipped to the wrong address and I got charged for shipping cost twice. Once I finally received the book it was damaged. I notified them and never got an answer back. I returned the book and they charged me for the total cost of the book plus shipping cost without notice. Terrible customer service! "

"If I could select 0 stars, I would. They hung up on me twice. They accused me of being a liar, even though tracking says that the book was not delivered. According to them, the book was delivered. I would not subject myself to customer service hell if I had that book. That makes no sense. They guaranteed a delivery date of Fri., 05/08/15 and it's now Mon., 05/18/15.

The telephone representatives were polite and only doing as instructed according to their "manual" that they follow. But I asked to speak with the supervisor or manager three times in one phone call and three times my request was rebuffed. By the third time, that's when customer service hung up on me for the 2nd time.

A week ago, I suggested kindly that they send me another book in case the first got lost. If I got both books, I'd return one immediately and use the other for the rest of the class's duration (which at the time was 3 weeks). Now that I only have 2 weeks left of class, I should not have to pay for a book that has not arrived. I suggested that they send me a replacement book and refund my money. That's all. That's what any normal customer would expect and any good business owner would agree. Unfortunately for me, that is not the case. When I called today, 05/18/15, they said they can only do one or the other. I can either get a refund and no book, or book and pay for 4 weeks when I only need it for 2.

I have never had an issue with BookRenter until this month. Having experienced their customer service firsthand, I highly recommend you going with chegg.com. I heard that they allow you access to the e-version of the book until the book arrives. Chegg may be pricier but it'll be worth it if it means I don't have to deal with poor customer service.

I was going to be a loyal customer and recommended it to a lot of my students and friends. Now I have to warn them away from BookRenter.

I hope those who read this take my advice. If anything happens or changes, I'll be sure to post it.

"They always deliver, always on time and they always have the lowest prices. A+!! ****!!! ~5?~ !!!****"

"I've rented from Bookrenter for several quarters and am always happy with everything. Books arrive quickly and are in good condition and returning them is very easy."

"No problems and fast delivery"

"We were very pleased with Book Renter until we needed to extend our rental on a chemistry book for the second semester and were only able to rent the book for half of the semester and then pay more to have the book for the rest of the semester. We felt we should be able to extend the rental for a complete semester, not just half."

"I rented two texts books from them and returned both books on time and they sent me an email saying they did not receive one of the books despite me giving them the tracking#, after that, they sent my account to a collection agency and an attorney for legal action! I will NEVER do business with them again."

"My Book fell apart the minute I opened it. The cover fell off and the pages are already starting to separate. I know I'm getting a used book but nothing this bad."

"Quick delivery and good quality used books at great price!"

"I love this site. Very sorry did not find it two years ago. I have been telling all my fellow students about it"

"No problems, no complaints."

"I love using book renter.com for all my textbook rentals! I have had excellent service, and receive my textbooks in a timely manner. Thank you for being fantastic!"

"Family Assessment Handbook was in poor condition but the other books were great and some of the pre-highlighted portions actually help."

"These people deliver way sooner than expected and have good prices and discounts."

"book came when it said it would and in great condition"

Share BookRenter's store rating

BookRenter is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BookRenter is a merchant member
BookRenter participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,838 merchant members.