• BookRenter

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.29/10 3.29/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.94/10 3.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.69/10 2.69/10

"great price, good condition will rent again."

"DO NOT USE BOOKRENTER

I bought a book from them January 29th, they made me wait until February 12th before their system could report it as missing since it didn't arrive. They told me that they were going to send me the book expedited if I waited. The 12th has passed, it's now the 17th of February and now all they want to give me is a refund that will take 10 days to appear in my account. I have a midterm next week that I'm probably going to fail thanks to Book Renter. Even if I received the refund, we all know that books at good prices have to be bought early on in the semester. Now I will probably have to pay over 100 for a new one when the one used one I was supposed to get from them was much less. BookRenter has in my experience been very unreliable and they work with extremely long time frames which is really unacceptable when you're dealing with University/College literature.

I would not recommend BookRenter to anyone and I will definitely never use it again.

"This company is a rip off! They shipped my book but it never arrived! They use the cheapest method possible using UPS and the USPS, changing hands way too many times! When i called they were rude and and no regard for the customer! The service rep told me to use my phone and take pictures of the text at my school library! The company wouldn't give me a refund or credit for another book! DONT USE THEM! Just use Amazon they are the only company to rent from if you want to do business with a legit company! BookRenter.com is just hustling poor students out of the little cash we have! "

"I have nothing but good experience with them."

"Bookrenter.com sent me a book that was falling apart and had been glued together, but has refused to refund my full payment even when I informed it of damaged book upon receipt and returned the book.

I rented the book on 01/19/2015; received it on 01/24/2015; returned it on 01/30/2015. I expected a full refund of $20.02; but have only been promised a refund of $14.03 because company is claiming "no error" in its conduct.

I believe that sending a customer an unusable, unreadable book and charging the customer money is not doing business "in good faith." And that a company that does not do business in good faith is in error.

In addition, all of the email messages regarding the return and refund have been mysteriously deleted from my email account. Also, the the content of the original email I received on 02/06/2015 has been changed. I do not know how this was done except that my email account or my computer was hacked.

"This company is total bull shit. I returned books via UPS and they report only 1 book in box which both were returned. I couldn't get through to customer service via email for several attempts, then I finally got through via their crazy phone system after 45 minutes! At that time they told me they would extend my rental as a courteous for 16 days while they "look" for the book in their shipping department. Are you kidding me? They would NOT allow me to talk to a supervisor, they could take a message and they have 24 hours to call me back. Meanwhile they keep charging me $8.51. Total rip off company, and as I red the reviews on here I'm not the only one that has run into this. They keep stealing MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Great job, books just as described and a easy process use it every semester. Thanks"

"I ordered 3 books from Bookrenter. The estimated UPS/USPS delivery date had passed so I contacted Bookrenter. They said it must be lost in the mail. They said I would receive a refund. If the books ever arrived, I should simply return them for a refund. And if the 9 date guaranteed window had passed, I would also receive the refund on the $5.99 return shipping. The books finally arrived after the 9 day window, and I returned them -- I was refunded for the book rental, but I was not refunded the $5.99. I contacted Bookrenter multiple times and got the runaround. At first they said that they would refund the shipping only if it was their error and that it wasn't their error ---- I pointed out that the books arrived after their guaranteed shipping period, and that another customer service rep had assured me I would receive a refund for shipping. Then they said OK, I would receive a refund for the shipping. I waited a week and still had not received a refund and contacted Bookrenter again, and they said it takes banks a long time to post the credit. It has now been 16 days since supposedly they provided a refund, and I am still waiting for the refund of the $5.99 shipping charge, which was assured by the customer service rep.

Customer Service is really, really, really bad. Most of the time, the online chat does not work, and you have to submit a written message in the form. The email replies that Bookrenter sends you are not helpful -- It almost seems as if they do not even read your message. There is no telephone number to call. I would NOT recommend Bookrenter or use Bookrenter ever again!

"This is the worst service I have ever had. I was lied to about a replacement order. The company has said they emailed me about a book not being there which is not true. I have had my emails printed and nothing has came through. They said they tried to reached me by phone also which is a lie. I had phone records printed. This is the worst place to order books. I will never use this site again. "

"I like using this website to get my books because it ships quickly and it gives the accurate description for the condition the book is in. "

"I have rented from this company twice...the first time I order a total of four books, received three and the other was returned. They stated that I gave the wrong address...keep in mind, I received the other three to the correct address... Two weeks into my class I was notified...The customer service was crappy and the only response was that they were issuing a refund. At that point, I thought I would never order from them again. Well my stupid tail was enticed by the cheap prices again so I tried it again. Again, one book was stuck in processing and was never delivered. i contacted them and again their only response was refund. A few days later Im looking at my bank statement and they charged my credit card another 75.00. I was suppose to receive a refund and they charged me. People I know the prices are cheap but beware. Customer Service is crappy and they really dont care about the students"

"Fast service. Great price"

"Horrible company to do business with. Beware. Took over two weeks to get my book so I had to order from Amazon which gave it to me in two days for same price. Very difficult to get customer service is well. I returned the book and got a refund minus shipping costs. "

"I'm perfectly happy with my order"

"I love book renter! They have fast shipping, and it's free both ways! I rent from them, and their books are good quality. I found out the first day of class that I didn't need one of my textbooks, and book renter gave me a free return label. I sent it back and got a full refund. Since there's no shipping cost, you don't lose the cost of shipping in your refund! Great company!"

Share BookRenter's store rating

BookRenter is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BookRenter is a merchant member
BookRenter participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,890 merchant members.