• BookByte

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.71/10 2.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.92/10 1.92/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"I purchased 2 books from BookByte market Place at checkout I was given an option to sign up for text updates to my phone for tracking. I received a text says item has been shipped within 24 hrs. A couple weeks go by and no book. I ask for tracking. I was told they do not track packages under$ 25.00, the 2nd order was over $26.00. and no tracking for that order either. NO COMPANY SHIPS THINGS OF VALUE WITHOUT TRACKING. I truly beleive my items were never sent out. They do the no tracking thing so they can blame it as "lost in shipping" and then say let us replace the items so they can hold your money another 2 weeks. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM OPERATION. I HAD TO FILE A REPORT TO THE BBB TO GET THEM TO DO ANYTHING FOR ME. They issued me only 1 refund and customer support told me they issued 2. I have been lied to about text updates for tracking, packages that were never sent, and now they lied to me about 2 refunds were given. Another thing I tried to file a complaint for a refund its asks for the book sku#'s. The sku#'s were never given to me in the original email conformation or not availible when I logged in at thier website. My requests were denied because of invalid sku #'s. I couldn't even file the refund request without the information never given to me. THIS COMPANY WILL STONEWALL YOU AS SOON AS THEY PICKPOCKET YOUR HARD EARNED CASH. BUYER BEWARE PLEASE DON'T USE BOOKBYTE YOU WILL BE CONTACTING THE BBB LIKE ME IF YOU DO. LIARS FROM THE START LIARS AT THE END"

modified review This review was modified by samholland on February 09 2015 04:05:40 AM

"THIS COMPANY ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! I ORDERED A BOOK ON 1/20/15 PAID FOR 3-5 BUSINESS DAY SHIPPING AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY ORDER. I SPOKE WITH COSTUMER SERVICE AND THEY GAVE ME CONTACT INFO FOR THE COMPANY, FASTMEDIA, AND SAID TO GIVE THEM 2 DAYS TO REPLY... DO THEY NOT REALIZE I'M A COLLEGE STUDENT AND NEED THIS BOOK? I DO NOT HAVE EXTRA TIME TO WAIT FOR THEM TO RESPOND. I PAID EXTRA FOR FAST SHIPPING. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!! AND I'M SURE GETTING A REFUND WILL BE JUST AS FUN..."

"This review relates to a purchase not a rental.
Book was ordered on Friday and arrived Tuesday. Item listed as new and came in manufacturer's box with book wrapped in plastic.
Tracking information was limited but overall satisfactory transaction

"Returned all 4 of my books in the same box. Got a confirmation email a week later that all 4 books were received. It had all 4 of them listed. Now they are charging me for one of the texts, saying it wasn't in the box. However, there were no emails following that saying the book hadn't been received. Their excuse: If I noticed on my return confirmation email, I got $0 in rebates. That means it wasn't returned. Then why is it listed as one of the books on the return confirmation email??? Nowhere does it say it wasn't returned. Chat gets you nowhere. Thanks for nothing, Kerri. They also want to charge me $90.27 for the book. This is in addition to the $54.40 I paid to rent it. That's $144.67 for a book that they are selling for NEW for $108.90 on their website. I will never do business with bookbyte again. Wish I could rate them 0 stars or negative stars would be even better."

modified review This review was modified by mwallace1108 on January 26 2015 08:27:39 AM

"I ordered a book that came with pages missing( luckily I only needed one of those pages) I returned the book before the due date. Then was sent an email saying my book was passed due and I was charged $66. Then the book I sent back was rejected for the condition. DO NOT deal with these people stay as far away as possible. Not sure how they got an A+ rating from the BBB. "

modified review This review was modified by fooman55 on January 21 2015 05:21:22 AM

"Do not use this organization. It has been twice now that I have sold books to them and they happened to "lose" the highest priced books. "

modified review This review was modified by cbranha1 on January 10 2015 09:16:17 AM

"Stay clear of this organization. I also learned the hard way. 5 books, they quoted $170. There are other vendors out there, so stay away from this one."

modified review This review was modified by student4ever on January 07 2015 09:08:18 PM

"DONT EVER SELL OR BUY FROM HERE. They will quote you one price then make you pay another or give you less for the book you sold. Don't ever listen to the reviews on book byte's site they're BS. Then when you contact them to complain they don't give a flying f***. Don't use or trust this company "

"I have other story when you try a buy book they add to cart different book! Like in my case I was buying ISBN 9780321925534 and end up with ISBN 9780321925664 that is instructor edition also stating "NOT FOR SALE" as well the buyback value is $4 compare to other one that buy back is $40
So when you click add to cart double check for correct ISBN number.

modified review This review was modified by ffp2 on January 06 2015 09:15:05 AM

"I was very disappointed with this company. Never did get my book. Finally got my refund , I was firm with them and told them I did not want them to send me another book and that I wanted my refund asap."

modified review This review was modified by Bash-ful on December 21 2014 07:51:03 AM

"I sent a number of books into this company and they said they didn't receive two of the books I sent them. Of course I had made a list and checked off the number of books and names sent and double checked it. They still claimed that they didn't receive these two which turned it into my word against theirs. However, I had my receipt from the post office and asked them to send me the weight of the box they received. They claimed they couldn't do this until I sent them a copy of the receipt, which I have not done because it would be very easy for them to change their records but almost impossible for me to change the receipt from the post office. It may seem like you're getting a few extra dollars from this company but it isn't worth the $50 it is now costing me. I highly recommend to stay far away from this company! "

"I was very pleased with BookByte, I placed my order on 12/9 and received the funds into my PayPal account on 12/18. I was also paid the exact amount i was quoted. I would definitely reccomend them. The only thing that was weird to me was the lack of contact information on their website."

modified review This review was modified by mril on December 18 2014 11:37:13 AM

"I compared resale value on my used textbooks and overall I was pleased with Bookbyte 's buyback quoted amount. I shipped 11 textbooks with free shipping and received $349.50 as they quoted me prior with no hassel. I would recommend this company to anyone, as I already have."

modified review This review was modified by slgb1013 on November 04 2014 01:43:11 PM

"I sent over $800.00 worth of books in July 14. Bookbyte received the books but never paid! These guys are CROOKS! You will never reach them, get paid or even get your books back! Thieves and gangsters! SCAM!"

modified review This review was modified by JoshSpirko on October 14 2014 10:35:48 PM

"Hi, sent my books in 09/17/14. Bookbyte got the books and said payment was on the way by check for $654.00 on 09/23/14. Then Therese Prock, customer service lead, wrote me to say the books where stolen and they, bookbyte would just keep them.
No proof, no nothing (these books where purchased by me at a college book store).
This company is nothing but out right thieves. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS SLIME COMPANY. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR BOOKS AND GIVE YOU NOTHING!

modified review This review was modified by BradleyGeorge on October 09 2014 07:34:00 PM

Share BookByte's store rating

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!