• BookByte

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10

2015-06-25

"I sold books to Bookbyte earlier this month and was happy with experience. I was referred to the site by a friend when my bookstore wouldn't buy back some of my books. I got my quote on 5/30 mailed on 06/1 or 2. I chatted with them on 6/11 and they told me it was being processed, and I had my money on 6/15. I got the whole $115.25 quote I was offered.

I will do business with them again. "

This review was modified by jessica052094 on June 25 2015 10:20:21 AM

2015-06-16

"They wrote my name wrongly on the check. They wanted me to send the check back. It will take several days. Do not loose your time. They do not have a phone number . They are using chat system. It take several minutes to explain your self."

This review was modified by solakoglu99 on June 16 2015 10:44:05 AM

2015-06-16

"I ordered a 2 books to rent from bookbyte and on the end decided to purchase one of the books, silly me I sent back the wrong book. After receiving a few snails about the book being overdue I emailed them to make sure they got the book. They started they had and were processing the book. They sent a check for the return. AT NO TIME DID THEY EVER DISCLOSE THE FACT THAT THE WRONG BOOK WAS RETURNED. I only found out that the wrong book was returned after questioning why I saw being charged. After a few emails the day prior I received a threatening email about payment. At no time did anyone reach out to let me know, THE CUSTOMER, that the wrong book had been returned. As a business that it something they should have done because no one purposefully purchases a book and returns the wrong one, and to resort to the unneccessary email asking for payment in a threatening way after I just talked with someone last night about resolving the issue is disgusting. Please do yourself a favor and order from someone else. Recommendation isbn.nu."

This review was modified by bookbytesucks on June 16 2015 05:16:59 AM

2015-05-19

"I ordered a text book for my sons class and when it arrived it was the teachers edition with the answers on every page. He can not use this for his classes. There was no indication on the site where I ordered it that this was a teachers edition. The first indication I received of this was an email I received from them a short while before it was meant to arrive. The email stated that it was the same as the student edition with some additional info. At this point it was on it's way and to late to halt shipment. I Instant messaged Brian S. who was completely unwilling to help even though my son was starting class in 7 days. No offers to send the requested student edition to replace the one that is unusable. They demonstrated a complete lack of concern for my son and zero remorse. I won't do business with them in the future and believe they should change their tactics. They don't have new copies of the student edition so they sent what they had... Very sad that they are in the business of equipping students that have enough on their plate without having the stress of finding out days before the semester begins that the book they ordered is unusable"

This review was modified by Rob1919 on May 19 2015 04:09:23 PM

2015-04-14

"payed $35 to overnight. were on day three, and it hasn't even been processed. The rep Kerri is extremely rude on top of not actually looking into the account. All they tell you is sorry for the inconvenience. Such BS. there website specifically says what you are paying for and (1 business day) and its not even scheduled to be here for atleast a few more days. standard mail would have been faster at this rate. "

2015-02-09

"I purchased 2 books from BookByte market Place at checkout I was given an option to sign up for text updates to my phone for tracking. I received a text says item has been shipped within 24 hrs. A couple weeks go by and no book. I ask for tracking. I was told they do not track packages under$ 25.00, the 2nd order was over $26.00. and no tracking for that order either. NO COMPANY SHIPS THINGS OF VALUE WITHOUT TRACKING. I truly beleive my items were never sent out. They do the no tracking thing so they can blame it as "lost in shipping" and then say let us replace the items so they can hold your money another 2 weeks. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM OPERATION. I HAD TO FILE A REPORT TO THE BBB TO GET THEM TO DO ANYTHING FOR ME. They issued me only 1 refund and customer support told me they issued 2. I have been lied to about text updates for tracking, packages that were never sent, and now they lied to me about 2 refunds were given. Another thing I tried to file a complaint for a refund its asks for the book sku#'s. The sku#'s were never given to me in the original email conformation or not availible when I logged in at thier website. My requests were denied because of invalid sku #'s. I couldn't even file the refund request without the information never given to me. THIS COMPANY WILL STONEWALL YOU AS SOON AS THEY PICKPOCKET YOUR HARD EARNED CASH. BUYER BEWARE PLEASE DON'T USE BOOKBYTE YOU WILL BE CONTACTING THE BBB LIKE ME IF YOU DO. LIARS FROM THE START LIARS AT THE END"

This review was modified by samholland on February 09 2015 04:05:40 AM

2015-02-04

"THIS COMPANY ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! I ORDERED A BOOK ON 1/20/15 PAID FOR 3-5 BUSINESS DAY SHIPPING AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY ORDER. I SPOKE WITH COSTUMER SERVICE AND THEY GAVE ME CONTACT INFO FOR THE COMPANY, FASTMEDIA, AND SAID TO GIVE THEM 2 DAYS TO REPLY... DO THEY NOT REALIZE I'M A COLLEGE STUDENT AND NEED THIS BOOK? I DO NOT HAVE EXTRA TIME TO WAIT FOR THEM TO RESPOND. I PAID EXTRA FOR FAST SHIPPING. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!! AND I'M SURE GETTING A REFUND WILL BE JUST AS FUN..."

2015-01-27

"This review relates to a purchase not a rental.
Book was ordered on Friday and arrived Tuesday. Item listed as new and came in manufacturer's box with book wrapped in plastic.
Tracking information was limited but overall satisfactory transaction"

2015-01-26

"Returned all 4 of my books in the same box. Got a confirmation email a week later that all 4 books were received. It had all 4 of them listed. Now they are charging me for one of the texts, saying it wasn't in the box. However, there were no emails following that saying the book hadn't been received. Their excuse: If I noticed on my return confirmation email, I got $0 in rebates. That means it wasn't returned. Then why is it listed as one of the books on the return confirmation email??? Nowhere does it say it wasn't returned. Chat gets you nowhere. Thanks for nothing, Kerri. They also want to charge me $90.27 for the book. This is in addition to the $54.40 I paid to rent it. That's $144.67 for a book that they are selling for NEW for $108.90 on their website. I will never do business with bookbyte again. Wish I could rate them 0 stars or negative stars would be even better."

This review was modified by mwallace1108 on January 26 2015 08:27:39 AM

2015-01-21

"I ordered a book that came with pages missing( luckily I only needed one of those pages) I returned the book before the due date. Then was sent an email saying my book was passed due and I was charged $66. Then the book I sent back was rejected for the condition. DO NOT deal with these people stay as far away as possible. Not sure how they got an A+ rating from the BBB. "

This review was modified by fooman55 on January 21 2015 05:21:22 AM

2015-01-10

"Do not use this organization. It has been twice now that I have sold books to them and they happened to "lose" the highest priced books. "

This review was modified by cbranha1 on January 10 2015 09:16:17 AM

2015-01-07

"Stay clear of this organization. I also learned the hard way. 5 books, they quoted $170. There are other vendors out there, so stay away from this one."

This review was modified by student4ever on January 07 2015 09:08:18 PM

2015-01-06

"DONT EVER SELL OR BUY FROM HERE. They will quote you one price then make you pay another or give you less for the book you sold. Don't ever listen to the reviews on book byte's site they're BS. Then when you contact them to complain they don't give a flying f***. Don't use or trust this company "

2015-01-06

"I have other story when you try a buy book they add to cart different book! Like in my case I was buying ISBN 9780321925534 and end up with ISBN 9780321925664 that is instructor edition also stating "NOT FOR SALE" as well the buyback value is $4 compare to other one that buy back is $40
So when you click add to cart double check for correct ISBN number.

This review was modified by ffp2 on January 06 2015 09:15:05 AM

2014-12-21

"I was very disappointed with this company. Never did get my book. Finally got my refund , I was firm with them and told them I did not want them to send me another book and that I wanted my refund asap."

This review was modified by Bash-ful on December 21 2014 07:51:03 AM

Share BookByte's store rating

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!