• Address: 2800 Pringle rd

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.31/10 0.31/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"SCAM ARTISTS INDEED!!!

I ordered a book on 7/7/14. After contacting Bookbyte several times for find out the status, I get an email stating that the order was cancelled because they never heard back from the seller.

I AGAIN ordered the book (of course at a significant increase in cost to me) on 7/11/14 and asked for expedited shipping. After inquiring several times about the status, the seller informs me they did not put any tracking on the book and it is lost in transit…really! I am sure this book was never sent although they were very quick to charge my credit card! After speaking with the seller, they said they would check their warehouse to see if they had another book in stock, but we all know how that is going to turn out…another increase in cost for this book.

After speaking with Bookbyte, they said, "oh well, you can submit a claim!" It is appaulling how this company conducts business.

modified review This review was modified by tpearson62 on July 18 2014 11:39:16 AM

"They said they never received my book. Of course the received the cheap book that was in the same box. "

modified review This review was modified by TaLo on July 14 2014 11:08:12 AM

"Returned my book by the due date but was still charged for a non-return! Took at least two weeks to receive with initial order. Very disappointed. "

modified review This review was modified by saosborne16 on July 03 2014 11:05:30 AM

"4/28/14 seller (Bookbyte) & seller's subcontractor (FastMedia) claimed item was shipped 4/17/14, same day as order, but without a tracking #, & within the specified delivery range of 10-14 business days.
5/13/14 Bookbyte & FastMedia offer refund or a replacement copy of the "lost" book. I opt for a replacement, w/tracking #, via reply email. 5 hours later, FastMedia presses to send refund in lieu of waiting for replacement. 5/15/14 email from FastMedia said they sold their only backup copy & threatens indefinite wait for replacement. Via reply email, I threaten to file complaints against Bookbyte & FastMedia if replacement is not fulfilled within 10 business days.
5/15/14 FastMedia reiterates blame on "postal transit" for lose, continues to press for a quick refund settlement & told me to get the book from my local bookstore.
For the record, the book is currently out of print & is a collectible, but, not rare. Multiple copies are available on the web from various sources, albeit at a higher price. The reason I made this purchase was for the better price & I'm certain why the seller priced it advantageously... ...to attract buyers. Business 101. If they were looking for the highest price, they should have auctioned it. But they didn't. They accepted the full stated price & failed to fulfill their end of the transaction. Apparently, this is a frequent event for Bookbyte & a habit for FastMedia as I have learned after the fact.
The last email was received was 5/16/14, acknowledging I want a replacement, they are looking for the title, & my order is on their "hot list of shipment".
As of 6/12/14, there is still no credible course of action or correspondence coming from Bookbyte or FastMedia to send me the merchandise they accepted full payment for.

modified review This review was modified by Yeeah-Right on June 12 2014 06:57:46 PM

"I ordered and immediately knew that I needed to update/expedite shipping once I hit confirm order. I immediately went onto chat with a representative but he claimed no ability to update an existing order....even though it was only seconds old and certainly hadn't been even sent out to the warehouse for picking. THAT REALLY IS POOR SERVICE!!!!

Oh, and their 7-10 days is really 10-14! NOT Good! I will not be buying from them in the future.

modified review This review was modified by dknelson_nh on May 27 2014 11:20:50 AM

"Bookbyte is a scam. Each time they accepted payment for an expensive book, they then could not provide the book. They wont notify you that they can't complete the sale. They keep the money until YOU ask for the status. Then they claim that they shipped it and that the Post Office lost it, but they can't provide a tracking number or they provide a number that is not a real post office tracking number, then they claim they typed the number in incorrectly, but they don'tprovide a real number. Then when you ask again they finally provide a refund. In the meantime they have use of your money until you ask for it to be returned. They will never tell you right away that the book is not available. All of my orders through them were from a company called "Fast Media" evidently a subcontractor. Ultimately I don't know if "Fast Media" is also involved in thedeception. This has happened to me at least 10 times. At first I believed them, then I started testingto see if the same thing would happen again. Unfortunately it did and will."

modified review This review was modified by jpplanet on April 06 2014 03:38:56 AM

"You'd think by spending hundreds of dollars on a textbook that at least you'd get some good shipping service. Such a scum company that preys on ripping off college students. I hope it shuts down soon because it's going to happen. I ordered a textbook that took over 2 WEEKS to arrive. I missed a lot of coursework because of these greedy scums. It is one of the most expensive book I've ever bought and the slowest shipping I've ever received because they decided to use FedEx SMARTPOST--the slowest shipping service. The condition of the book was horrible. It is a looseleaf book but the cover and back are missing and the pages are damaged. At least put some cables in the ring holes. Probably too costly for them to shell out a penny anyway. This reflects how they see their customers. I'm so glad I won't be buying textbooks anymore because they'll never see a penny from me again and I'll be sure to spread the word around campus."

"I am very disappointed. I attempted to sell 8 books for $350 to Bookbyte.com. I shipped the shipment on 11/26/2013. I attempted to reach customer service but they responded via email to keep checking back with them. On 1/31/2014, I received an email WITH PICTURES that my books were not received and they would not pay me $350. The PICTURES provided were not the shipping materials I used to ship the books in but rather an manila envelope with the shipping label that corresponded with my order. VERY DISAPPOINTED!! They Encouraged me to file a lost or missing package claim with USPS! Sounds like they are notorious for doing this with customers. I sent books to four vendors on the same day, using the same method, and BOOKBYTE was the ONLY VENDOR that DID NOT deliver the PROMISED SERVICE or PAYMENT for books. DO NOT USE BOOKBYTE!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by pdnichelson on February 06 2014 04:54:21 PM

BaileyDubroff's Avatar
Houston

"The time they stayed at my apartment was twittering liked it much. I had to well for this."

"Jan 24 2013. Fraudulent. They said they would give me $70 for pristine book i sent in an email. I have photos of book. Then they sent an email saying they received the book in good order and would send a check for $35. I hope the check doesn't bounce. Won't do business with them again. They are crooks and liars. But they will stay in business because there is a constant supply of new customers who will be abused by them once."

"WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS CRAPPY COMPANY!!! I overnighted a book, it took over a week to get any response from this company. Finally after I threatened to write a bad review on them, they voluntarily canceled my order. They made me late on an assignment for school! Terrible communication! This is a scam company!!!"

modified review This review was modified by vsormond on January 14 2014 03:31:22 PM

"Scam artists. Just about every order I place with them "gets lost in the mail". When
I ask for tracking, they say they are working on getting it. I have ordered books
from bookbyte 5 or 6 times. Never once has the book ever arrived.

modified review This review was modified by brooklynguy on December 25 2013 07:41:26 PM

"Very disappointed
As a first time customer, I must say that I'am VERY DISAPPOINTED and I wish I had just maintained my usual textbook ordering web site. First the information about delivery is misleading,they will say your book will arrive in three days and that was not the case with my order, infact I'am still waiting on my book since I ordered it last week on monday (10/14/13). I used the tracking number provided to see where my book is stuck and i was directed to FEDEX, but all the information I got was that the book was shipped on 10/16/13. I called customer service at FEDEX and they say that they are only a third party and they are not involved with shipping, they only do deliveries. So here I am with no book and a stack of assignments that I cannot do.....am very disappointed with Bookbyte and this is the last time I will ever use them....DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER

modified review This review was modified by BIBA143 on October 21 2013 07:51:23 AM

"Best price, received in promised condition and on time!"

modified review This review was modified by djsmooth26 on September 19 2013 09:27:04 AM

"SCAM ARTISTS!!!!Horrible!! I used this site because they offered half price on the 10th edition of a college physics textbook. Turns out they sent me a 7th edition, totally useless. On top of that when i went to return it they couldn't print the return label right away because the order was made through one of their subsidiaries who they want me to contact!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! what a rip-off nightmare"

modified review This review was modified by UNHAPPY111AA on September 17 2013 11:39:28 AM

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!