Stores > BookByte
  • BookByte

customerservice@bookbyte.com

Voice your opinion! Review BookByte by clicking a star below.
2017-02-17

Scammers

"NEVER ORDER YOUR BOOKS FROM BOOKBYTE!!! I ordered my fall textbooks from them and sent them back on time and they are now saying I owe them 167.24 for a book that "I didn't return" well for one I returned both books I had and two they are trying to charge me for a book I never had, I highly advise you to never go through bookbyte they are trying to take money from people that are just trying to survive the college grind. "

2017-01-23

Horrible

"Paid and still no delivery. 5 days have passed."

2016-10-05

Scam!!

"I rented textbooks from this company and returned them via their instructions before the due date. I was charged the full price as if I did not return the books. I even have the FedEx confirmation that they received the order! As a result, I had to report the charge as fraud with my credit card company and close the account. I will file a claim with the BBB. do not do business with this company."

2016-08-26

Everyone on here needs to file a BBB claim

"Apparently this company is a scam, instead of writing reviews on this forum (not offense resellerratings) you need to file a claim with the Better Buisnness Bureau and shut this fraud of a company down. Being students and clearly already trying to find our books cheaper is a clear indication that we don't have extra money to spend in our pockets. There service is horrible and they're no help. I've order two books with them with expedited shipping, I have yet to receive them and apparently neither has the shipping company."

2016-08-09

I should have read these reviews first...

"I got a quote for $398 for 11 books. 3 weeks later I inquire where my check is. I am told that the books they received were not the ones quoted. I sent technical books, welding, and programming books. They said they received 15 paperback books that they are not currently buying...How convenient. RUN, RUN, RUN.away as fast as you can. I wish I had."

2016-08-06

Horrible Service!!

"I had ordered two books from them, because they did not have the student version of one book they had sent me the instructor's version. If i were to use that version in school I COULD HAVE BEEN KICKED OUT FOR CHEATING BECAUSE IT HAD ALL THE ANSWERS. Instead of telling me they didn't have my version they wasted my time. The other book they sent me was completely wrong!!! I live chatted them and they are sending me the right book. They told me theyd email me something so I could send back the books they got wrong but I haven't gotten anything back. Will not recommend to anyone! DO NOT USE THEM. I'd rather spend a little extra money and know i got what I paid for than to have to go through this and have to hurry to find somewhere else to rent/buy my books"

2016-07-26

Would not Recommend to My Worst Enemy

"Do not use them, awful customer service, senseless policies. I had rented books from them and from Amazon and had a similar issue where email was wrong due to linking to facebook and I did not have access to the account. When I talked to Amazon, they got rid of the late fee and welcomed the book back, no harm no foul. Bookbyte made me pay them full price for the over priced book I had already paid $30 to rent, and then ship it to them (out of pocket which they will not refund). I will supposedly get my money back minus a $10 late fee (and shipping costs) at an undisclosed date. "

2016-06-13

LOWKEY SCAM

"First of all, the book that I received was just in distasteful condition which prompted me to never use the service ANYWAYS. Then I was charged a $10 late fee because of SHIPPING DELAYS which I have no control over. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO USE IT. EVER! THIS SERVICE IS A SHADY SCAM ! DO NOT USE"

2016-05-27

Over 3o days and still no money! Do not use!

"I have had average service from bookbyte in the past therefore decided to use them again. I sent them 3 books and the order has in "in process" for almost a month. They have my books and I still have no money. Will not use them again. I have tried to be patient and nice and have called several times and told them I did not want to leave negative feedback. However since they have not action taken I have no choice. Do not sell your books here!"

2016-04-06

Very NOT Satisfied

"I sold a book to bookbyte over a month ago and there was no damage to the book at all besides highlighting. I found out today that the book got rejected and my book was thrown away without me being informed of any of this. Then I contacted an employee and she could not help me at all. I wont be doing any business with this company ever again. "

2016-01-17

A true life decent experience!

"In the interest of full disclosure, I am not a college student (haven't been for 15 years) and did not buy a college textbook, nor did I sell or trade-in my books. I see that a lot of the negative reviews surround them paying what they said they would, etc. I can't speak to that. I happened to find a relatively rare book I had been looking for for quite a while on bookbyte.com. I had never heard of them, so before I even considered the purchase, I read the reviews and they did scare me a bit. This particular book was such an incredible deal that I figured it was worth a shot. So I found a coupon code and got free shipping. I should have paid for faster shipping, but other than that, the book was better than described and for a sole book purchase, i can't say anything bad. "

2015-12-31

"I used BookByte for my Fall classes because they were the cheapest to rent my book from. Once my class was over, I paid to extend the book for 1 week, then when I mailed it out from the Post Office I thought I was done. 3 weeks later they charged my card for the full amount of the book and said I never returned it. When I tried to contact someone about their mistake I never heard back from them. I will not use BookByte again, and have been spreading the word to other students I know."

2015-10-28

"They guaranteed $46.50 to buy my book. They actually sent me $2.00."

2015-10-16

"Very disappointing experience. The company claimed that one book they had quoted to buy was not in the box I mailed. I am 100% sure it was included. Now I am out of my book and my money. Customer Service said I needed a receipt from the courier to prove the weight of the box, however, the service they suggested using to mail the books would not give me a receipt. It's very frustrating. I definitely won't be using BookByte again!"

2015-09-21

"Horrible customer service. They buy textbooks back as well as sell them. I sold them my Algebra back. They offered me half of what it is worth first of all. I sent the box to them via FedEx with their shipping label on September 6; well within the time frame. I tracked my FedEx Number and my book arrived to them on the 14thd. They never acknowledged that they received my book or sent me a payment! I have emailed BookByte's Customer Service four times now & have received no replies to any of t he four emails. I am very dissatisfied and will never use this site to buy or sell books back again unless this is resolved. At least answer your customers questions! Don't use this site horrible customer service."

Share BookByte's store rating

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!