• Address: 2800 Pringle rd

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.94/10 2.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.91/10 3.91/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.32/10 2.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"I was very disappointed with this company. Never did get my book. Finally got my refund , I was firm with them and told them I did not want them to send me another book and that I wanted my refund asap."

modified review This review was modified by Bash-ful on December 21 2014 07:51:03 AM

"I sent a number of books into this company and they said they didn't receive two of the books I sent them. Of course I had made a list and checked off the number of books and names sent and double checked it. They still claimed that they didn't receive these two which turned it into my word against theirs. However, I had my receipt from the post office and asked them to send me the weight of the box they received. They claimed they couldn't do this until I sent them a copy of the receipt, which I have not done because it would be very easy for them to change their records but almost impossible for me to change the receipt from the post office. It may seem like you're getting a few extra dollars from this company but it isn't worth the $50 it is now costing me. I highly recommend to stay far away from this company! "

"I was very pleased with BookByte, I placed my order on 12/9 and received the funds into my PayPal account on 12/18. I was also paid the exact amount i was quoted. I would definitely reccomend them. The only thing that was weird to me was the lack of contact information on their website."

modified review This review was modified by mril on December 18 2014 11:37:13 AM

"I compared resale value on my used textbooks and overall I was pleased with Bookbyte 's buyback quoted amount. I shipped 11 textbooks with free shipping and received $349.50 as they quoted me prior with no hassel. I would recommend this company to anyone, as I already have."

modified review This review was modified by slgb1013 on November 04 2014 01:43:11 PM

"I sent over $800.00 worth of books in July 14. Bookbyte received the books but never paid! These guys are CROOKS! You will never reach them, get paid or even get your books back! Thieves and gangsters! SCAM!"

modified review This review was modified by JoshSpirko on October 14 2014 10:35:48 PM

"Hi, sent my books in 09/17/14. Bookbyte got the books and said payment was on the way by check for $654.00 on 09/23/14. Then Therese Prock, customer service lead, wrote me to say the books where stolen and they, bookbyte would just keep them.
No proof, no nothing (these books where purchased by me at a college book store).
This company is nothing but out right thieves. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS SLIME COMPANY. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR BOOKS AND GIVE YOU NOTHING!

modified review This review was modified by BradleyGeorge on October 09 2014 07:34:00 PM

"I am extremely disappointed with their service. The book that was sent to me was in poor condition and nothing like it was promised. I do not recommend this page for anything and I would not trust them again. I would advise any friend to purchase a book from them or to deal with them in anyway. I believe it is the worst service I have received in a long time. "

modified review This review was modified by ihatebookbyte on September 29 2014 05:35:40 PM

"horrible customer service communication. i bought 2 books paid for 2 day delivery waited 5 days never got the books. i had to email them to see what was up. they responded that the books never shipped because they were lost during shipment and of course i would have to wait 5 days to get a refund. i'am very unhappy about the lack of customer communication regarding this transaction they should have notified me sooner when this happened but they didnt. i would not recommend this company to anyone ever!!"

modified review This review was modified by stevejma on September 15 2014 10:26:10 AM

"The great quality textbook with the lowest prices. Super fast shipping.I'll buy more from bookbyte. Thanks Bookbyte ????????????????????"

modified review This review was modified by Maple1987 on September 11 2014 02:14:34 AM

BookByte User

"Ordered a college text book, they sent me the teachers edition and then wanted to charge me $7 to return it. bookbyte said when they run out of a book they send the teachers edition and that I should have know that. "

"Do not trust this company, I sent in two books in the same package. They said they recieved one, which was worth about $20 but didn't recieve the other, which they valued at $110. This makes absolutely no sense, because when I spoke to one of reps they said they accepted the book and were reviewing the condition of the book. I would not trust this company they will take your book and say there was a problem at the post office just as they did to me. I am very upset and fustrated epsecially with customer service because they said they could do nothing for me, and now I don't even have a book to sell and don't have any money for the book. "

"They charged my card for a book rental but the order said "card declined" HOWEVER they actually charged my credit card to the transaction. When I called the bank they told my BookByte needs to do a reversal, when I called BookByte they told me they didn't charge my credit card. So I am out the money for up to 60 days while the bank "tries" to get me a refund from these crooks. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! Unless you like to tie up your money for months and possibly not get your money back. p.s. Had to pick one star to post this, should be -10 stars"

"Yes, these people are SCAMMERS! I bought a book which I believe they never had. I really wonder how much money do they take in to float their business. On the day I paid $105 for a book from them, I bought several other books from other vendors. Of course I recieved all the other books and UPS tracking numbers. I start inquiring when it came close to 14 days and they gave me several excuses about who it comes from their vendor then they said they sent the book out the next day, etc. etc. Rather than sift through all of that since they couldn't even tell me how to reach their vendor (which appears to be some company by the name of FastMedia), I simply kept asking for the tracking number. Of course I never got it. Instead of them responding to my request they finally just gave me a refund. I seriously doubt they ever had the book I ordered. DO NOT USE THEM. Also, even though they offer all those little promo codes to reduce or eliminate shipping cost....ONCE YOU ORDER THE CODES DON'T WORK! Then they'll tell you it's because your books are coming from one of their third party vendors. This is bait and switch in it's truest form. I'm sticking to Amazon. At least their process doesn't have all these moving pieces and you can communicate with their vendors. I'm not sure if this FastMedia even exist as a bookseller. I'm extremely disappointed, not only because I was looking forward to receiving this book but because I also feel SCAMMED."

modified review This review was modified by Deveda on August 11 2014 06:54:13 PM

"I have always had a good experience with items i have bought and sold through this site."

modified review This review was modified by TylerJones1025 on July 29 2014 03:15:12 PM

"I sent bookbyte two boxes of books to sell. They received the first box with everything, but in the second box they apparently only received half my books!! I live chatted a person today and after 15 minutes of chatting, she just disconnected with me and could not help me. So the second box of books they received, were apparently worth nothing, but not according to the quote I received before shipping them. If I am going to send the books in to get paid, why would I only send in three? Does that even make sense?! No of course not... I will never use this site ever again. Waste of time, ripe off. There are other sites that are so much faster and easier to use than this one. I can't believe this happened. I spent money on those books and now I am getting nothing back. "

modified review This review was modified by Anon... on July 25 2014 06:54:17 PM

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!