• Address: 2800 Pringle rd

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.22/10 2.22/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.06/10 3.06/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10

"They charged my card for a book rental but the order said "card declined" HOWEVER they actually charged my credit card to the transaction. When I called the bank they told my BookByte needs to do a reversal, when I called BookByte they told me they didn't charge my credit card. So I am out the money for up to 60 days while the bank "tries" to get me a refund from these crooks. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! Unless you like to tie up your money for months and possibly not get your money back. p.s. Had to pick one star to post this, should be -10 stars"

"Yes, these people are SCAMMERS! I bought a book which I believe they never had. I really wonder how much money do they take in to float their business. On the day I paid $105 for a book from them, I bought several other books from other vendors. Of course I recieved all the other books and UPS tracking numbers. I start inquiring when it came close to 14 days and they gave me several excuses about who it comes from their vendor then they said they sent the book out the next day, etc. etc. Rather than sift through all of that since they couldn't even tell me how to reach their vendor (which appears to be some company by the name of FastMedia), I simply kept asking for the tracking number. Of course I never got it. Instead of them responding to my request they finally just gave me a refund. I seriously doubt they ever had the book I ordered. DO NOT USE THEM. Also, even though they offer all those little promo codes to reduce or eliminate shipping cost....ONCE YOU ORDER THE CODES DON'T WORK! Then they'll tell you it's because your books are coming from one of their third party vendors. This is bait and switch in it's truest form. I'm sticking to Amazon. At least their process doesn't have all these moving pieces and you can communicate with their vendors. I'm not sure if this FastMedia even exist as a bookseller. I'm extremely disappointed, not only because I was looking forward to receiving this book but because I also feel SCAMMED."

modified review This review was modified by Deveda on August 11 2014 06:54:13 PM

"I have always had a good experience with items i have bought and sold through this site."

modified review This review was modified by TylerJones1025 on July 29 2014 03:15:12 PM

"I sent bookbyte two boxes of books to sell. They received the first box with everything, but in the second box they apparently only received half my books!! I live chatted a person today and after 15 minutes of chatting, she just disconnected with me and could not help me. So the second box of books they received, were apparently worth nothing, but not according to the quote I received before shipping them. If I am going to send the books in to get paid, why would I only send in three? Does that even make sense?! No of course not... I will never use this site ever again. Waste of time, ripe off. There are other sites that are so much faster and easier to use than this one. I can't believe this happened. I spent money on those books and now I am getting nothing back. "

modified review This review was modified by Anon... on July 25 2014 06:54:17 PM

"I sold several textbooks to BookByte and was very pleased by their service.I received exactly the quoted amount along with fast payment. Not to mention BookByte pays more for textbooks than competitors. As long as you follow the directions for sending your books to them and books are in decent condition you will receive full payment."

modified review This review was modified by christinavolker on July 23 2014 04:07:48 AM

"SCAM ARTISTS INDEED!!!

I ordered a book on 7/7/14. After contacting Bookbyte several times for find out the status, I get an email stating that the order was cancelled because they never heard back from the seller.

I AGAIN ordered the book (of course at a significant increase in cost to me) on 7/11/14 and asked for expedited shipping. After inquiring several times about the status, the seller informs me they did not put any tracking on the book and it is lost in transit…really! I am sure this book was never sent although they were very quick to charge my credit card! After speaking with the seller, they said they would check their warehouse to see if they had another book in stock, but we all know how that is going to turn out…another increase in cost for this book.

After speaking with Bookbyte, they said, "oh well, you can submit a claim!" It is appaulling how this company conducts business.

modified review This review was modified by tpearson62 on July 18 2014 11:39:16 AM

"They said they never received my book. Of course the received the cheap book that was in the same box. "

modified review This review was modified by TaLo on July 14 2014 11:08:12 AM

"Returned my book by the due date but was still charged for a non-return! Took at least two weeks to receive with initial order. Very disappointed. "

modified review This review was modified by saosborne16 on July 03 2014 11:05:30 AM

"4/28/14 seller (Bookbyte) & seller's subcontractor (FastMedia) claimed item was shipped 4/17/14, same day as order, but without a tracking #, & within the specified delivery range of 10-14 business days.
5/13/14 Bookbyte & FastMedia offer refund or a replacement copy of the "lost" book. I opt for a replacement, w/tracking #, via reply email. 5 hours later, FastMedia presses to send refund in lieu of waiting for replacement. 5/15/14 email from FastMedia said they sold their only backup copy & threatens indefinite wait for replacement. Via reply email, I threaten to file complaints against Bookbyte & FastMedia if replacement is not fulfilled within 10 business days.
5/15/14 FastMedia reiterates blame on "postal transit" for lose, continues to press for a quick refund settlement & told me to get the book from my local bookstore.
For the record, the book is currently out of print & is a collectible, but, not rare. Multiple copies are available on the web from various sources, albeit at a higher price. The reason I made this purchase was for the better price & I'm certain why the seller priced it advantageously... ...to attract buyers. Business 101. If they were looking for the highest price, they should have auctioned it. But they didn't. They accepted the full stated price & failed to fulfill their end of the transaction. Apparently, this is a frequent event for Bookbyte & a habit for FastMedia as I have learned after the fact.
The last email was received was 5/16/14, acknowledging I want a replacement, they are looking for the title, & my order is on their "hot list of shipment".
As of 6/12/14, there is still no credible course of action or correspondence coming from Bookbyte or FastMedia to send me the merchandise they accepted full payment for.

modified review This review was modified by Yeeah-Right on June 12 2014 06:57:46 PM

"I ordered and immediately knew that I needed to update/expedite shipping once I hit confirm order. I immediately went onto chat with a representative but he claimed no ability to update an existing order....even though it was only seconds old and certainly hadn't been even sent out to the warehouse for picking. THAT REALLY IS POOR SERVICE!!!!

Oh, and their 7-10 days is really 10-14! NOT Good! I will not be buying from them in the future.

modified review This review was modified by dknelson_nh on May 27 2014 11:20:50 AM

"Bookbyte is a scam. Each time they accepted payment for an expensive book, they then could not provide the book. They wont notify you that they can't complete the sale. They keep the money until YOU ask for the status. Then they claim that they shipped it and that the Post Office lost it, but they can't provide a tracking number or they provide a number that is not a real post office tracking number, then they claim they typed the number in incorrectly, but they don'tprovide a real number. Then when you ask again they finally provide a refund. In the meantime they have use of your money until you ask for it to be returned. They will never tell you right away that the book is not available. All of my orders through them were from a company called "Fast Media" evidently a subcontractor. Ultimately I don't know if "Fast Media" is also involved in thedeception. This has happened to me at least 10 times. At first I believed them, then I started testingto see if the same thing would happen again. Unfortunately it did and will."

modified review This review was modified by jpplanet on April 06 2014 03:38:56 AM

"You'd think by spending hundreds of dollars on a textbook that at least you'd get some good shipping service. Such a scum company that preys on ripping off college students. I hope it shuts down soon because it's going to happen. I ordered a textbook that took over 2 WEEKS to arrive. I missed a lot of coursework because of these greedy scums. It is one of the most expensive book I've ever bought and the slowest shipping I've ever received because they decided to use FedEx SMARTPOST--the slowest shipping service. The condition of the book was horrible. It is a looseleaf book but the cover and back are missing and the pages are damaged. At least put some cables in the ring holes. Probably too costly for them to shell out a penny anyway. This reflects how they see their customers. I'm so glad I won't be buying textbooks anymore because they'll never see a penny from me again and I'll be sure to spread the word around campus."

"I am very disappointed. I attempted to sell 8 books for $350 to Bookbyte.com. I shipped the shipment on 11/26/2013. I attempted to reach customer service but they responded via email to keep checking back with them. On 1/31/2014, I received an email WITH PICTURES that my books were not received and they would not pay me $350. The PICTURES provided were not the shipping materials I used to ship the books in but rather an manila envelope with the shipping label that corresponded with my order. VERY DISAPPOINTED!! They Encouraged me to file a lost or missing package claim with USPS! Sounds like they are notorious for doing this with customers. I sent books to four vendors on the same day, using the same method, and BOOKBYTE was the ONLY VENDOR that DID NOT deliver the PROMISED SERVICE or PAYMENT for books. DO NOT USE BOOKBYTE!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by pdnichelson on February 06 2014 04:54:21 PM

BaileyDubroff's Avatar
Houston

"The time they stayed at my apartment was twittering liked it much. I had to well for this."

"Jan 24 2013. Fraudulent. They said they would give me $70 for pristine book i sent in an email. I have photos of book. Then they sent an email saying they received the book in good order and would send a check for $35. I hope the check doesn't bounce. Won't do business with them again. They are crooks and liars. But they will stay in business because there is a constant supply of new customers who will be abused by them once."

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!