Stores > BookByte

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

2016-08-26

Everyone on here needs to file a BBB claim

"Apparently this company is a scam, instead of writing reviews on this forum (not offense resellerratings) you need to file a claim with the Better Buisnness Bureau and shut this fraud of a company down. Being students and clearly already trying to find our books cheaper is a clear indication that we don't have extra money to spend in our pockets. There service is horrible and they're no help. I've order two books with them with expedited shipping, I have yet to receive them and apparently neither has the shipping company."

This review was modified by Misvima on August 27 2016 08:58:19 AM

2016-08-09

I should have read these reviews first...

"I got a quote for $398 for 11 books. 3 weeks later I inquire where my check is. I am told that the books they received were not the ones quoted. I sent technical books, welding, and programming books. They said they received 15 paperback books that they are not currently buying...How convenient. RUN, RUN, RUN.away as fast as you can. I wish I had."

This review was modified by simplychaotic872 on August 09 2016 04:12:34 PM

2016-08-06

Horrible Service!!

"I had ordered two books from them, because they did not have the student version of one book they had sent me the instructor's version. If i were to use that version in school I COULD HAVE BEEN KICKED OUT FOR CHEATING BECAUSE IT HAD ALL THE ANSWERS. Instead of telling me they didn't have my version they wasted my time. The other book they sent me was completely wrong!!! I live chatted them and they are sending me the right book. They told me theyd email me something so I could send back the books they got wrong but I haven't gotten anything back. Will not recommend to anyone! DO NOT USE THEM. I'd rather spend a little extra money and know i got what I paid for than to have to go through this and have to hurry to find somewhere else to rent/buy my books"

This review was modified by MmAth16296 on August 06 2016 10:31:25 AM

2016-07-26

Would not Recommend to My Worst Enemy

"Do not use them, awful customer service, senseless policies. I had rented books from them and from Amazon and had a similar issue where email was wrong due to linking to facebook and I did not have access to the account. When I talked to Amazon, they got rid of the late fee and welcomed the book back, no harm no foul. Bookbyte made me pay them full price for the over priced book I had already paid $30 to rent, and then ship it to them (out of pocket which they will not refund). I will supposedly get my money back minus a $10 late fee (and shipping costs) at an undisclosed date. "

2016-06-13

LOWKEY SCAM

"First of all, the book that I received was just in distasteful condition which prompted me to never use the service ANYWAYS. Then I was charged a $10 late fee because of SHIPPING DELAYS which I have no control over. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO USE IT. EVER! THIS SERVICE IS A SHADY SCAM ! DO NOT USE"

This review was modified by KS10 on June 13 2016 04:34:24 PM

2016-05-27

Over 3o days and still no money! Do not use!

"I have had average service from bookbyte in the past therefore decided to use them again. I sent them 3 books and the order has in "in process" for almost a month. They have my books and I still have no money. Will not use them again. I have tried to be patient and nice and have called several times and told them I did not want to leave negative feedback. However since they have not action taken I have no choice. Do not sell your books here!"

This review was modified by Gatorcindy on May 27 2016 07:05:06 PM

2016-04-06

Very NOT Satisfied

"I sold a book to bookbyte over a month ago and there was no damage to the book at all besides highlighting. I found out today that the book got rejected and my book was thrown away without me being informed of any of this. Then I contacted an employee and she could not help me at all. I wont be doing any business with this company ever again. "

2016-01-17

A true life decent experience!

"In the interest of full disclosure, I am not a college student (haven't been for 15 years) and did not buy a college textbook, nor did I sell or trade-in my books. I see that a lot of the negative reviews surround them paying what they said they would, etc. I can't speak to that. I happened to find a relatively rare book I had been looking for for quite a while on bookbyte.com. I had never heard of them, so before I even considered the purchase, I read the reviews and they did scare me a bit. This particular book was such an incredible deal that I figured it was worth a shot. So I found a coupon code and got free shipping. I should have paid for faster shipping, but other than that, the book was better than described and for a sole book purchase, i can't say anything bad. "

2015-12-31

"I used BookByte for my Fall classes because they were the cheapest to rent my book from. Once my class was over, I paid to extend the book for 1 week, then when I mailed it out from the Post Office I thought I was done. 3 weeks later they charged my card for the full amount of the book and said I never returned it. When I tried to contact someone about their mistake I never heard back from them. I will not use BookByte again, and have been spreading the word to other students I know."

This review was modified by Bg249 on December 31 2015 10:07:03 AM

2015-10-28

"They guaranteed $46.50 to buy my book. They actually sent me $2.00."

2015-10-16

"Very disappointing experience. The company claimed that one book they had quoted to buy was not in the box I mailed. I am 100% sure it was included. Now I am out of my book and my money. Customer Service said I needed a receipt from the courier to prove the weight of the box, however, the service they suggested using to mail the books would not give me a receipt. It's very frustrating. I definitely won't be using BookByte again!"

2015-09-21

"Horrible customer service. They buy textbooks back as well as sell them. I sold them my Algebra back. They offered me half of what it is worth first of all. I sent the box to them via FedEx with their shipping label on September 6; well within the time frame. I tracked my FedEx Number and my book arrived to them on the 14thd. They never acknowledged that they received my book or sent me a payment! I have emailed BookByte's Customer Service four times now & have received no replies to any of t he four emails. I am very dissatisfied and will never use this site to buy or sell books back again unless this is resolved. At least answer your customers questions! Don't use this site horrible customer service."

This review was modified by crandallcheryl on September 21 2015 05:02:34 AM

2015-06-25

"I sold books to Bookbyte earlier this month and was happy with experience. I was referred to the site by a friend when my bookstore wouldn't buy back some of my books. I got my quote on 5/30 mailed on 06/1 or 2. I chatted with them on 6/11 and they told me it was being processed, and I had my money on 6/15. I got the whole $115.25 quote I was offered.

I will do business with them again.

This review was modified by jessica052094 on June 25 2015 10:20:21 AM

2015-06-16

"They wrote my name wrongly on the check. They wanted me to send the check back. It will take several days. Do not loose your time. They do not have a phone number . They are using chat system. It take several minutes to explain your self."

This review was modified by solakoglu99 on June 16 2015 10:44:05 AM

2015-06-16

"I ordered a 2 books to rent from bookbyte and on the end decided to purchase one of the books, silly me I sent back the wrong book. After receiving a few snails about the book being overdue I emailed them to make sure they got the book. They started they had and were processing the book. They sent a check for the return. AT NO TIME DID THEY EVER DISCLOSE THE FACT THAT THE WRONG BOOK WAS RETURNED. I only found out that the wrong book was returned after questioning why I saw being charged. After a few emails the day prior I received a threatening email about payment. At no time did anyone reach out to let me know, THE CUSTOMER, that the wrong book had been returned. As a business that it something they should have done because no one purposefully purchases a book and returns the wrong one, and to resort to the unneccessary email asking for payment in a threatening way after I just talked with someone last night about resolving the issue is disgusting. Please do yourself a favor and order from someone else. Recommendation isbn.nu."

This review was modified by bookbytesucks on June 16 2015 05:16:59 AM

Share BookByte's store rating

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!