• Address: 2800 Pringle rd

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.22/10 2.22/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.17/10 3.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"This review relates to a purchase not a rental.
Book was ordered on Friday and arrived Tuesday. Item listed as new and came in manufacturer's box with book wrapped in plastic.
Tracking information was limited but overall satisfactory transaction

"Returned all 4 of my books in the same box. Got a confirmation email a week later that all 4 books were received. It had all 4 of them listed. Now they are charging me for one of the texts, saying it wasn't in the box. However, there were no emails following that saying the book hadn't been received. Their excuse: If I noticed on my return confirmation email, I got $0 in rebates. That means it wasn't returned. Then why is it listed as one of the books on the return confirmation email??? Nowhere does it say it wasn't returned. Chat gets you nowhere. Thanks for nothing, Kerri. They also want to charge me $90.27 for the book. This is in addition to the $54.40 I paid to rent it. That's $144.67 for a book that they are selling for NEW for $108.90 on their website. I will never do business with bookbyte again. Wish I could rate them 0 stars or negative stars would be even better."

modified review This review was modified by mwallace1108 on January 26 2015 08:27:39 AM

"I ordered a book that came with pages missing( luckily I only needed one of those pages) I returned the book before the due date. Then was sent an email saying my book was passed due and I was charged $66. Then the book I sent back was rejected for the condition. DO NOT deal with these people stay as far away as possible. Not sure how they got an A+ rating from the BBB. "

modified review This review was modified by fooman55 on January 21 2015 05:21:22 AM

"Do not use this organization. It has been twice now that I have sold books to them and they happened to "lose" the highest priced books. "

modified review This review was modified by cbranha1 on January 10 2015 09:16:17 AM

"Stay clear of this organization. I also learned the hard way. 5 books, they quoted $170. There are other vendors out there, so stay away from this one."

modified review This review was modified by student4ever on January 07 2015 09:08:18 PM

"DONT EVER SELL OR BUY FROM HERE. They will quote you one price then make you pay another or give you less for the book you sold. Don't ever listen to the reviews on book byte's site they're BS. Then when you contact them to complain they don't give a flying f***. Don't use or trust this company "

"I have other story when you try a buy book they add to cart different book! Like in my case I was buying ISBN 9780321925534 and end up with ISBN 9780321925664 that is instructor edition also stating "NOT FOR SALE" as well the buyback value is $4 compare to other one that buy back is $40
So when you click add to cart double check for correct ISBN number.

modified review This review was modified by ffp2 on January 06 2015 09:15:05 AM

"I was very disappointed with this company. Never did get my book. Finally got my refund , I was firm with them and told them I did not want them to send me another book and that I wanted my refund asap."

modified review This review was modified by Bash-ful on December 21 2014 07:51:03 AM

"I sent a number of books into this company and they said they didn't receive two of the books I sent them. Of course I had made a list and checked off the number of books and names sent and double checked it. They still claimed that they didn't receive these two which turned it into my word against theirs. However, I had my receipt from the post office and asked them to send me the weight of the box they received. They claimed they couldn't do this until I sent them a copy of the receipt, which I have not done because it would be very easy for them to change their records but almost impossible for me to change the receipt from the post office. It may seem like you're getting a few extra dollars from this company but it isn't worth the $50 it is now costing me. I highly recommend to stay far away from this company! "

"I was very pleased with BookByte, I placed my order on 12/9 and received the funds into my PayPal account on 12/18. I was also paid the exact amount i was quoted. I would definitely reccomend them. The only thing that was weird to me was the lack of contact information on their website."

modified review This review was modified by mril on December 18 2014 11:37:13 AM

"I compared resale value on my used textbooks and overall I was pleased with Bookbyte 's buyback quoted amount. I shipped 11 textbooks with free shipping and received $349.50 as they quoted me prior with no hassel. I would recommend this company to anyone, as I already have."

modified review This review was modified by slgb1013 on November 04 2014 01:43:11 PM

"I sent over $800.00 worth of books in July 14. Bookbyte received the books but never paid! These guys are CROOKS! You will never reach them, get paid or even get your books back! Thieves and gangsters! SCAM!"

modified review This review was modified by JoshSpirko on October 14 2014 10:35:48 PM

"Hi, sent my books in 09/17/14. Bookbyte got the books and said payment was on the way by check for $654.00 on 09/23/14. Then Therese Prock, customer service lead, wrote me to say the books where stolen and they, bookbyte would just keep them.
No proof, no nothing (these books where purchased by me at a college book store).
This company is nothing but out right thieves. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS SLIME COMPANY. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR BOOKS AND GIVE YOU NOTHING!

modified review This review was modified by BradleyGeorge on October 09 2014 07:34:00 PM

"I am extremely disappointed with their service. The book that was sent to me was in poor condition and nothing like it was promised. I do not recommend this page for anything and I would not trust them again. I would advise any friend to purchase a book from them or to deal with them in anyway. I believe it is the worst service I have received in a long time. "

modified review This review was modified by ihatebookbyte on September 29 2014 05:35:40 PM

"horrible customer service communication. i bought 2 books paid for 2 day delivery waited 5 days never got the books. i had to email them to see what was up. they responded that the books never shipped because they were lost during shipment and of course i would have to wait 5 days to get a refund. i'am very unhappy about the lack of customer communication regarding this transaction they should have notified me sooner when this happened but they didnt. i would not recommend this company to anyone ever!!"

modified review This review was modified by stevejma on September 15 2014 10:26:10 AM

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!