Stores > BonTon

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10

2016-10-27

Misleading item descriptions

"I purchased what I thought was going to be a throw for my Grandson and his wife for this winter. He's a Bears foorball fan so I found one that had a Official Bears picture on it. I was extremely disappointed with the quality of the product. Neither the on line picture nor the description of the product gave any indication that it was distressed to give it a vintage look. Besides not looking like the picture it was described as being a “Super Plush Throw”. The material is so thin it certainly does not qualify as a “throw” at all. It is so thin and flimsy I can't imagine what you would use it for. The return policy certainly doesn't give a customer a break from their misleading descriptions. They were going to deduct from the refund about twice what it would cost to ship it back. I told them I'd ship it back and they could issue a full credit. My advice is to stay away from BonTon.com. You're bound to be disappointed and then have to pay to return it."

2016-07-24

A good source of entertainment

"Once I accepted the fact that some of the items I order could get cancelled, I started to have a good online experience with Bonton. This revelation came to me when I ordered five items from the Yellow Dot Sale, and the only item that they DID NOT cancel was a $2 pair of gloves, lol. You just never know, they don't seem to have a good hold on their actual stock on hand. But Bonton's clothes are wonderful, the sale prices incredible, and it is fun to see what new items they will add each day."

This review was modified by 75percentofformore on August 01 2016 08:02:51 PM

2016-07-22

Idiot who shopped here at Bon Ton.com

"Please save yourself time and money. They sell low quality merchandise, while telling you its high quality and giving false descriptions. Then when you want to send this garbage back, you must pay for it. The sand paper sheets I bought for $49.00 would cost me $22.00 to send them back! This is what they count on. Even if you pay to send them back they are still profiting because theses sheets could't cost them more than $10.00! Please shop ANYWHERE else! I promise you'll be much better off."

This review was modified by lori4321 on July 22 2016 03:14:24 PM

2016-07-01

Will not honor offers

"Bergners.com is handled through BonTon and on 2 different occasions I have ordered and did not get the free gift their packing slip indicated was enclosed. Do not order through BonTon for your Bergners, and other favorite stores. Per Bergner's they are not part of the Bergner's chain and are a totally separate business. Bergner's will not and cannot honor what the online promised."

This review was modified by sandyt1089 on July 01 2016 09:22:17 AM

2016-06-28

Closed my Bon Ton account after experience in Wilkes Barre store

"Purchased a pair of Calvin Klein Jeans shoes on 02/22/16. The leather "coating" on the shoes began to peel off, so I decided to take them to the store on 06/27/16 as they were defective. While waiting for help, I chose 3 other shoes to try on. When I told the Sales Associate about the issue she asked "Do you have the box and receipt?". I had the receipt but did not save the box. She looked at them and said I must have gotten them wet, and would call a Manager. The Manager agreed with the Sales Associate and added that they looked like I had gotten a lot of wear out of them and they must have been wet. I explained that I have many shoes, most of which I have had for years - and all shoes will get wet at one time or another due to rain, and leather does not normally respond to water in this way. She said there was nothing she could do, was so unpleasant that I decided not to purchase anything and walked to Macy's where I had a pleasant shoe buying experience. Upon arriving home, I called Bon Ton and closed my account and will never give them any more of my business. May I add the Staff could have been pleasant and accommodating, could have smiled and acted as if they wanted to help - offered an adjustment as the shoes were now marked down - but they were stone-faced and most unpleasant."

This review was modified by JBabskie on June 28 2016 05:39:48 AM

2016-06-12

Worst return/exhcange experience ever

"After seeing in January of 2016 that BonTon participates in the ShopRunner service, which is a perk of American Express card membership, I decided to give them a try. I ordered some maternity clothing in January. The items arrived fine and per the time indicated, but upon trying them on, I realized I needed one size up in each item. So, I used the pre-printed return label provided and included the request for exchange in the package, along with the unworn items. I then dropped the package off at a local USPS (even went inside to ensure it was processed). After about two weeks had passed, and I hadn't heard anything, I emailed the web orders customer service team to ask about the return. I provided the information requested and was told that once they received the return, it would take 7-10 days for them to process it and another 7-10 days to send me the new items. They finally acknowledged receiving the return shipment in late February. (How does it take a month for a package to arrive using a prepaid USPS shipping label?) I finally received the replacement items in April. By then, I no longer needed the clothing as the season (and my size) had changed. So, I left the clothes in the original packaging, included the return slip in the package, sealed the package, and once again used the provided return label and took the package to the local USPS per the return instructions. It is now mid-June and I have heard NOTHING, despite two emails to the customer service team inquiring about my return. So, they have had my money since January, and I now have nothing to show for my order, and cannot get a response from BonTon. I have NEVER experienced such poor service for returns/exchanges. All I want is my money back, which I feel is perfectly reasonable given it has been almost 6 months, and everything I sent back was unworn with original tags attached, AND I followed all of their stated return processes. I find it absolutely unacceptable that they are now just ignoring my inquiries. I cannot recommend doing business with this company. Also, they never sent me an email when the exchanged items were sent to me in April and the original order number doesn't seem to apply. So, I now have no order number to use to even track (via their website) the return of the items that arrived to me in April. The order number listed below is the original order number from January as it is the only order number I was ever provided. However, what should be listed is the order number they assigned to the items they sent to me in April (the exchanged items) that I then returned, but for which I have yet to receive a refund or a response of any kind."

2016-05-21

Disguised bait and switch tactics

"They announced sale and I ordered some sale items. They canceled items from my order that when ordered had a great price. I guess they put some items on a great sale and when you signed up and buy the items they just simply cancel it without any explanation: " Due to unforeseen issues, the following items have been canceled. You will not be charged for these items. We apologize for this inconvenience."

2015-12-12

"Similar to what others have submitted, this online store is just a mess. I returned a damaged product via their instructions. A week passes and I hear nothing. I sent the customer service dept. an email asking for the status. They tell me they never received a return from me. I need to send them a tracking number to go any further. I don't have that information. I printed off THEIR return label so why don't they have a tracking number on file? Needless to say, I have since sent 3 emails asking for an update and if they will refund my money regardless of their lousy return process. No. They will not. I will never, ever, ever shop here again. I would encourage you to follow my lead. In summary, I have no product and I'm out $100 dollars. Never, ever again."

This review was modified by CoriL on December 12 2015 08:50:49 AM

2015-12-09

"Online orders a complete nightmare. The warehouse logistics are terrible items are not married together and shipped so be prepared for several packages. A warehouse error on one item occurred, resulting in shipping to the bill to address by mistake. Now keep in mind this is a $8.25 item, and after spending over an hour speaking with three different customer service people this is what resulted-getting a call tag which really wasnt because once it printed it was not toreturn to fed ex but to the post office where I am suppose to take it. then where it is to travel ground back to their warehouse to be processed and then issued a credit to then resend. oh I was offered .82 cents for my trouble. I have been a long term customer purchasing furniture, matteress ect with several orders still waiting to be processed but I WILL NO LONGER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM,"

2015-09-29

"After reading the poor reviews for this website I feel compelled to add my story. I placed my order on Thursday experiencing no problems with the website at all. I immediately received a confirmation email. I received a follow up email that my order had shipped with a tracking number. My order arrived on Tuesday. The item I ordered is exactly what I wanted at a very reasonable price. I am very happy with this company and wouldn't hesitate to order from them again."

This review was modified by Dpalmer5 on September 29 2015 03:57:55 PM

2015-06-24

"On 6/20/15 at Store #46 in Lakewood NY i needed to order a bathroom set and I could not use the computer as I have a blind eye and very bad sight in the other and these 2 asso helped me so much They helped me for about half hour or more as there were problems with the computers They called the main office and made sure everything was right. These gals were LouAnn and Lynette 00019590 They kept their cool and were so pleasant Thanks to them Connie SheRER"

2015-03-03

"I ordered some makeup and was supposed to get a 7 piece free gift ! Well I did not get the free gift .... They said if it wasn't added at the time of check out, they were out ! I tried to cancel the order and they said I could return it to a store who carried the product ! It was just a scam !!! I will NEVER order from Bon ton again !"

2015-01-06

"they just cancel your email without any notices...and it website unable accept credit card always say problem it... but I do see they try charge on card because I received notes from my cc company... "

2014-12-25

"Bon tons website is a worthless joke. Over the last ten years I have tried to place orders and have received the same error messages; especially when checking out with shoprunner. Tonight was the last straw. I spent an hour and a half trying to check out on line only to receive an error message that there was problems with their express checkout. I've had too many bad experiences with this company that I will never attempt placing orders again despite their enticing promo codes!"

2014-12-18

"Wished i could see all these reviews before purchasing from this company. Worst experience ever. Terrible customer service, it's funny how their email logo says "customer first" do they even know the meaning of having that logo? From the rep attitude i feel they put customer last, not even trying to help the customer to resolve the problems. DO NOT SHOP AT THIS STORE, you will get disappointed. I do not normally write reviews, but this is just simply very upsetting."

Share BonTon's store rating

BonTon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BonTon is not a merchant member
BonTon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!