Stores > Bloomingdale's

Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

Queens, NY
2016-03-24

Many good experiences, but beware...

"I have actually had many good experiences purchasing from Bloomingdales in the past. My current gripe is with the sudden essentially overnight change of their return policy. I do believe it is fair for Bloomingdale's to change their policy with notice given on purchases going forward. HOWEVER, according to Bloomingdale's, their (current) new return policy is now the policy that will be applied to all purchases made at Bloomingdale's ever, even though this new policy just went into effect. This is incredibly deceptive, and maybe even illegal!

** Update** I also wanted to add that i've noticed when I write 5 star product reviews they seem to get posted right away. However, when I write a critical 1 or 2 start review its seems to take FOREVER for them to post it, if they even post it at all!

This review was modified by MmikeeNYC on April 01 2016 08:00:14 AM

2015-12-17

"I ordered three items from Bloomingdales more than two months ago. When the goods arrived, one item was not the item I ordered. Instead of a nightgown, I received a baby's onesie (grow suit). The goods were shipped by Borderfree. I contacted Bloomingdales as soon as the order arrived, and asked how I ship back the incorrect item. They said they'd arrange it with Borderfree, I just had to wait and hear from them. Well, several follow ups later and I'm still waiting, and still looking at a baby's onsie. Really NOT happy. Would not recommend either the store or the shipping company, and certainly won't purchase from Bloomingdales or use Borderfree in the future."

This review was modified by melindahc on December 17 2015 12:40:39 AM

2015-12-02

"Three freaking times I have tried to place an order online during the last month. First was during a promotion for friends and family. 1st order I got an email 2 days later saying that my size was no longer in stock. I went to the website and saw that it was indeed available. I called CS and spent 1 flipping hour on the phone trying to sort it out and they told me that I just had to place the order again and I couldn't get the discount on that order. A manager was supposed to call me back to let me know if he got a local store to honor the FF discount and he NEVER did!! My event passed, another one came up and I wanted that dress. I tried placing another order on Cyber Monday, had loads of trouble on the website. Spent another f'ing couple of hours trying to get the order placed and was finally successful. I got a confirmation email that all is good, I will get another email when my order is ready for pickup in the store. Then this morning I get another email which I didn't see till 5pm that they needed to verify my address and the order will be held till they could verify. I just called and was told that my entire order was cancelled because they couldn't verify my address. NO PHONE CALL OR EMAIL letting me know that or calling me to say "hey, we need to verify your address and didn't hear from you via email" No reasonable amount of time to respond either, that request for me to call them was this morning, not even one fucking day! I was supposed to pick up the dress tomorrow for my event on Friday and was told "sorry, I can't do anything about it. You'll have to place the order again and I can't honor your discount." I asked to speak to a manager and was put on hold a few minutes ago. Then around 9pm I heard a click, I was fucking disconnected. I called back and got a voicemail that they close at 9pm. What the fuck?? Hours wasted over the last month trying to give them my damn business and they screwed it up every time. I have two other formal dresses I had ordered from them and sure as fuck I'm returning those too and NEVER ordering from them again. Bloomingdales IS THE WORST!!"

This review was modified by Elektra2015 on December 02 2015 09:28:19 PM

2015-01-15

"NEVER buy anything from Bloomingdale's Maximilian Furs store! I bought a thousand dollar shearling coat from them two years ago and the actual leather is falling apart with holes in it! Not the seams! They are blaming my mother instead of admitting they sold me a piece of absolutely shoddy crap for a coat!"

2014-12-30

"Ordered a handbag and went on holiday expecting it to be delivered while I was away for a New Years event. Received confirmation email. Had not been delivered when I returned, no email explanation so I was forced to chase them. Received a canned response that my item was no longer available and I should have my money returned in 21 to 30 days and if not I would need to follow up with bank! Thanks for wasting my time and holding on to my money Bloomingdales! Thanks for leaving me no time to find a replacement bag for a big event (New Years Eve!). And thanks very much for your caring and compassionate canned repsonse!!"

This review was modified by nonnydee on December 30 2014 05:17:39 PM

2014-12-24

"I ordered a Christmas gift from Bloomingdales' website on Dec. 17th thinking per their advertisement which was all over the website, including right below the shipping info when i was checking out, that you will receive your purchase before Christmas. Well, all of it was untrue. I will not receive my shipment until Dec. 29th! If i knew Bloomingdales makes false promises to its customers, i would have done expedite shipping!!!
To add to the disappointment, they never even sent me an email when my item was shipped! I had to go online and check my order status...
Horrible service, false advertisement, unprofessional and very unorganized compare to similar department stores. Stay Away!

This review was modified by vanilly on December 24 2014 08:21:33 PM

2014-12-23

"This is not a safe place to buy online. I imagine that their consumer base is the kind that make impulsive decisions and love to shop at malls. Think of this place as a mall store. If you have expectations, for example of ordering a product online and expecting it by Christmas.... You will be disappointed. If you don't believe me take any store (Amazon, Macy's, etc.) and Bloomingdale's and walk through buying something. You will soon notice that Bloomingdale's site reminds you of the websites that came out during the 1990's. In addition, they do not have Realtime Tracking, which means you will see everything that's sold by them, but you don't actually know if they have it in stock until Bloomingdale's decides to email you days later stating that your order was canceled (if it wasn't in-stock). If your buying a gift or its around Christmas time be advised, they charge for shipping, and you have a high probability that it will get cancelled right before it's suppose to arrive. Trust me, it happened to me 3/5 times. Enjoy your shopping and I hope this helps!"

2014-12-07

"worse ever! BEWARE!! don't order on line- they will tell you a price and send you an email with a higher price, call then and wait 30+ mins an then they say they can't canals. THEY suggested that when I place my order I need to call MY bank to see what I was charged. What an awful place to shop!!

2014-11-17

"Bought a pair of jeans and it didn't fit to me so they made me pay to send it back ! Also it's been a month and two weeks and I haven't hear from them or a refund they said they were working on it to refund my money but I haven't got anything is almost 5 weeks and they keep ignoring my calls or emails! Really Bad costumer service ! I recommend www.robecart.com. They have superb shipping and service. So you don't have to wait longer."

2014-08-10

"Bloomingdale's online is a place that NO one should ever shop from. I've been a good credit card customer and on 5 occasions, they have canceled orders because they say my billing address is not a residential address (it certainly is, LOOK it up), that my billing phone did not match my order (it did because it is listed in my profile), and that they would send a gift card to my daughter and they did not.

Also, return process is horrible -they just LOST a return I sent them using their own prepaid label that they themselves issued! The return was for $400. When I asked them why they didn't have a record of the return labels that they personally issue so they could track it, they actually said, we have too many returns and can't keep track of all of these return labels and tracking Really? Worst customer service ever. There are too many competitors with GREAT customer service who don't just cancel orders on very good customers just for fun. Never again.

This review was modified by sunset1242 on August 10 2014 05:42:38 AM

2014-08-08

"I had a horrible experience with an online order. The order was canceled due to their error. The customer service person was extremely rude and very unhelpful. I will never do business with Bloomingdale's again. I advice against using their online store at anytime."

This review was modified by meredithmr on August 08 2014 11:30:22 AM

2014-05-20

"i ordered a pair of shoes on Sunday for $180.00 then i got an email from Saks 5th ave that the same shoes where $157.50 i called customer service and got Jeff at ext 27149 the most unhelpful rep ever. i asked him to transfer me to a manager and he sent the call to a ringing phone and no one picked up. i will never order from them again and im ripping up my loyalty card that i have thanks for nothing "

This review was modified by ralphyboy88 on May 20 2014 09:08:10 AM

2014-01-15

"I ordered online...They cancelled my order after few days claiming I've requested to cancel..I never did !!!!
Customer Service rep said item out of stock finally and could not fetch supervisor to talk to me...promised they'd call me back..I am still waiting for Call!!!

This review was modified by alyasha on January 15 2014 10:24:02 AM

2013-11-22

"I have only been buying from Bloomingdales (online) for about 3 months, after discovering the wonderfully huge range of products they have, but most of all their very low shipping rates to Australia! At first I found them to be reasonably quick to ship my orders, and also quick to respond to customer service emails and return requests. However lately (my last 2 purchases) I have noticed they seem to be taking longer and longer to reply to emails, orders take much longer to ship from the store, and I have not been notified of delays. I ordered a leather jacket, the site said it was in stock and they had my size. A week went by with no notifications. When I enquired, I was informed that my jacked was out of stock and had been put on indefinite backorder, as their supplier did not know when it would be back in. Weeks have gone by since then, and I have now noticed that my jacket (in all sizes) is back up on the site for sale - at a much higher price! I have not been notified that the jacket is back in stock, and my jacket has not been shipped. Luckily I was able to buy this jacket from another site, for a lower price! A week ago I emailed Bloomingdales customer service to cancel my backorder, as I no longer need the jacket from them. I was informed that with indefinite backorders with a delayed ship date, you can cancel the order any time until it ships. SO I hope they do not go ahead and ship the jacket now (and charge my credit card for $500) before they realise I have cancelled the order! My last few emails to customer service have not been answered and it has been 3 days now. They used to be quick and reply within 24 - 48 hours. My latest return request took 3 days to come through, and this time - they didn't even bother to send me the usual polite email that says, sorry it didn't work out, here are your return instructions from Borderfree. INSTEAD, all I received was the Borderfree authorization - as if to say, well here you go but we're not happy about it, not even going to respond to you. To be fair though, up until this last debarcle, the customer service team have been very nice and helpful in their emails. However, these delays and lack of communication is disappointing and not very reassuring, so I think I will stop shopping with them for a while. One other thing that troubles me, is that with my latest return they have charged me $66 for the return shipping, which is being deducted from my refund! This has not happened before, so why are they suddenly charging so much for the return shipping?"

This review was modified by melodramie on November 22 2013 03:39:32 PM

2013-10-31

"Stay away from dealing with this online retailer. If there is an error in your order (they shipped me the wrong size and wrong color merchandise), it will take weeks of phone calls(if you can get an actual human to talk with you) and many emails and faxes to get a full refund. Too bad, because they seem to have nice products - but they aren't worth the effort if there are problems to be resolved."

This review was modified by unhappyloyallist on October 31 2013 06:15:20 PM

Share Bloomingdale's's store rating

Bloomingdale's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bloomingdale's is not a merchant member
Bloomingdale's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!