Blinds ChaletCoupons
    • Fax: 480-633-5695

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Wonderful reviews on Blinds Chalet website, not so wonderful here. It's been a month I place my order for 3 blinds and haven't received anything yet even though website says 2-21/2 weeks. Called last week twice and was assured it will be shipped on 10/13/14. Called today again. Sales gal told me she cannot do anything since she cannot even get through the manufacturer's phone line. Are they still in business? Do I kiss my money good bye and go somewhere else? Nothing, but frustration."

modified review This review was modified by Ligita on October 15 2014 08:47:40 AM

"PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANYS HIDDEN GUIDELINES WHEN ORDERING THIS PRODUCT. THE ONLINE SITE GIVES THIS DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLLER SHADE: Elite Light Filtering Roller Shades
"Our Elite light filtering roller shades are made from fine woven polyester fabric giving them a crisp, modern look. Designed for privacy but to allow filtered light to pass through the translucent fabric."

I ORDERED THE EBONY AND IT WAS SOLID BLACK NO LIGHT OF ANY KIND PASSING THROUGH. NO REFUND NO EXCHANGE BECAUSE I DID NOT ORDER A SAMPLE OF PRODUCT FIRST.

"We have had nothing but problems in getting our order sent to us correctly. We are on shipment #4 and are still waiting for them to send us the correct shades without defects. We received two shipments with defective shades. This has been ongoing for over 2 months."

modified review This review was modified by emobabe on May 27 2014 04:15:26 PM

boogergreenglen's Avatar
Los Angeles, Ca

"I just bought a home and was in need for 12 blinds. I ordered 4 blinds through the buy 3 get 1 free deal with the additional 33% off coupon just to test this company out and see if I can install them on my own. The order came within 10 days, very well packaged and wrapped. The installation sheet they provide sucks but fortunately youtube has 3 min clips on how easy it's easy to install blinds. Once you get the hang of it, installation was a breeze. Just make sure your measurement is accurate and that you measure the top part of the window since that's where you will be mounting the brackets.
Since i loved the look of my installed blinds, I'm gonna order 8 more.

modified review This review was modified by boogergreenglen on November 07 2013 11:10:10 PM

"Blind Chalet advertises buy 3 blinds get 1 free. I ordered 8 blinds figuring to get 2 for free. The order software only listed 1 free blind. So before ordering I called and was told that if I called back after a couple of days they would make a correction and credit me for 2 free blinds. I called back in a couple of days and the person on the line said it would be taken care of. They had already charged my account for the blinds minus the 1 free blind. After 3 weeks and no credit, I called again and they said that they would credit me the free blind minus the $5.95 shipping and handling as the "get one free" was supposed to be per order. Of course if I had placed 2 separate orders I could have made one of the free blinds worth $4 more. So I am out $4 because some of their customer service people don't know their own policies."

modified review This review was modified by rkthatcher on July 30 2013 01:36:00 PM

"Easy to customized with a variety of samples to choose from. Quality product received with quick shipping. Excellent customer and return service for item damaged during shipping."

"Prices are decent. But this place is one of the worst online stores I have ever bought. I ordered the blinds for 8 windows and 2 arrived damaged and some parts were missing. Mind you, only 2 boxes have the harder cardboards protecting the headrails so be VERY prepared to deal with the same problem I'm having.

They wanted to see photos of the damaged items. I sent them 11 days ago and they said the manufacture will remake and ship them out. 3 days ago I emailed them and they said the exact same thing (Gee, I knew that 8 days ago). Today I called and their customer service person yelled at me "I SENT YOU AN EMAIL 3 DAYS AGO!!!" Well yes she did but that was 3 days ago and today I still have no tracking number or shipment coming in. It seems to me that their attitude is that it's the manufacture's problem, not their. But they were the one that charged my credit card.

Meanwhile the sun is killing my furniture and appliances.

Very poor packaging and responsiveness from the manufacture. BTW, I live only 1 hour from the manufacture in Orange County, CA so if you are in a different state these problems may be worse for you. Horrible customer service. Will NOT buy from again nor will I recommend the store to anyone.

"I have ordered from Blinds Chalet four times--for two different homes. First were top-down bottom up shades with an energy track. The track was flimsy but I really liked the blind. The second time were bottom up cordless blackout cellular shades. They were easy to install and functioned well.

Now I am in a new-to-me home that came equipped with faux wood blinds of which at least 50% were broken in some way. I repainted and had all these taken down and got ready to replace with shades from Blinds Chalet.

My first order was for four blackout shades with a top down/bottom up function for our master bedroom. The blinds arrived promptly and looked attractive BUT...first one installed had a bracket that would not accept the blind. Number two mounted easily. Number three mounted easily but a cord that lifts it from the bottom was cut or broken. The blind will come down from the top but has a permanent lift of about 10-12 inches on the bottom left. On to number four which mounted easily. Now I have two shades working and two non functioning--about what I had with the faux wood blinds. Contacted customer service who were very nice. They contacted the manufacturer who promised to send new brackets. Two weeks later and no replacement brackets. They have asked for pictures of the cut cord and sent after two weeks a printable label to send the blind back to be reconstructed or??? Meanwhile the two somewhat functioning shades are giving me fits. Let the top down and when you go to pull it up it lifts the bottom as well. Go to adjust the bottom and the top drops down a bit. This can go on for a while.

I am so totally out of love with these blinds. They look good but functionality is about a two on a scale of 1-10 and getting service is so difficult. Of course, it is nigh to impossible to get your money back as these were custom-made for me.

Now they want me to ship all of them back to the manufacturer for them to be reworked. Meanwhile my master bedroom windows will have brown paper covering them since they are on the front of my house which is about 50 feet from the street and with a streetlight nearby. My dogs and I are depressed from lack of light because it is so much trouble to get the two semi-functioning ones to work...

I have to say before installing these I ordered four more for my dining room. These were the no-holes privacy blinds with continuous loop lift cords. These function very well and look very good and make me happy. (These were made by another manufacturer)

Because of my bad experience though, I am probably going elsewhere for the remaining eight shades I need unless I can order the same blinds from the same manufacturer(who made my dining room blinds) to cover the other windows. I just don't know. This is a major investment when you have as many windows as I have.

I am posting a review here because although I sent a review to Blinds Chalet they have never posted it--I guess it was too negative although I have tried to lay out the experience honestly.

modified review This review was modified by Gwenda on November 29 2012 02:56:41 PM

"100% satisfied. My measurements were accurately followed. The quality of materials, craftsmanship and packing were top notch. "

"I bought blinds for the the whole house in December and got them less than two weeks from the initial order. The install was quick and easy. Four months in and I still think they look amazing. You cannot beat them for the price."

"I ordered cocoa color cordless bottom-up/top down for the bedroom. The option to 1/8 inch makes for a perfect fit. Downside was not the blind, but the framing of my window, which has a lot of cut in designs. Barely a glow of light on the sides, but that is due to the window frame, not the blind. Once they were installed, I was so excited how crisp and clean the look of the whole room was.

As for the ordering process- could not be easier. Blinds arrived in two weeks without even a dent in the box. I would recommend this company to anyone.

"My purchase from Blinds Chalet was nothing but positive. The ease of ordering online was great. Only one thing I found puzzling was that QUICK SHIP blinds ordered took longer to receive than other ones I ordered. The others were received in less than a week and the QUICK SHIP took about 2 weeks. No real complaint though. Economical also with free shipping!"

"i felt I found what I needed easily and am satisfied with what I found in your selections."

"I followed the directions on Blinds Chalet web page. I measured, and installed myself. I couldn't ask for a better fit, or smoother operation. I am very proud of my purchase. I would certainly purchase from them again, and I have already told several of my friends about the quality. I'm not easily impressed, however, I am impressed with the blinds I purchased. Thank you Blind Chalet."

"These guys are good! I purchased blinds for 5 windows that all had difficult installation and measuring issues. I got great pre-order online assistance, on-time delivery of well-packaged items, complete installation instructions and a high quality product. I recommend them and will use them again."

Blinds Chalet is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Blinds Chalet is not a merchant member
Blinds Chalet does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!