• Blinds.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.64/10 4.64/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I bought blinds from them. They arrived with a broken end piece. That was back in February and 3 months later they have not been able to find or get a replacement. I have emailed and called several times to no satifaction. "

"bought wood blinds for four rooms, one was broken in box, second broke less than 24 hours after installing. Quality is crap. am going to return all 4 and buy somewhere else"

This review was modified by brad1000 on March 24 2015 06:23:05 PM

"Blinds are good quality, but the true estimate on shipping is far from truthful. My first 2 orders were both late, 1 by 2 weeks and 1 by a week. Of course, they had excuses and so I tried them again and now it has been 2 weeks past their estimated time. And once again, they have come up with another excuse, this time the weather. That would be fine for a few days, but we are looking at 12+ days past estimate. So if you are not concerned with a reasonable delivery, they have good blinds."

This review was modified by dh_what1 on March 10 2015 05:32:23 AM

"Horrible, unreliable...After two weeks I contacted them because their web said the blinds are still prepping. They found out they didn't even started working on them! so basically if I didn't contact them, they have no idea about my order...Customer service offered me expedited shipping, like I should be thankful for it and for their mistake. Worst response from customer service...that should tell you a lot about the company... "

This review was modified by PaulS. on February 27 2015 02:11:36 PM

"So far I love them. Great customer service. I forgot I wanted tilt wants instead of cables and they shipped them out to me for free. They also helped with the installation and the CS reps got back to me very quickly. I will definitely use them again for future blinds purchases."

"Awful experience. Hardware was not in the packaging for one of my blinds and they totally dropped the ball on correcting it. Their policy is only 2 day air and since I called on a Saturday they couldn't fulfill it until Monday and then it didn't get shipped until Wednesday for Friday delivery. A whole week! If you make a mistake, wouldn't you overnight to correct?"

This review was modified by lucky70 on February 14 2015 02:07:12 PM

"Fantastic site... Employees were very helpful in the ordering process. I ended up with a bali roll shade for my sliding glass door. When I had an installation question, I received a very quick response to my email. I use this shade 6-8 times every day as it is a south facing window that has alot of sun coming in, and is also the door we let our dog out frequently. It goes up and down 5-6x a day. 18 months later when the roll mechanism failed the promptly sent out a replacement. All FREE OF CHARGE. I was shocked... and very happy. Thanks again blinds.com and I will be going to you first for all my blind needs in the future."

This review was modified by dhalligan on January 21 2015 05:56:47 AM

"Colors on web site are way off and the "satisfaction guarantee" does not cover color.

We got honeycomb blinds made and picked something that looked like an earthy red on the web site. We got a light brown. We're not talking about the color being a bit off in tint, hue, or intensity. We're talking other side of the color wheel.

No satisfaction after I contacted the company. They offered to remake a new set of blinds for 25% off. No thanks! Why would I let you make even more money off of me after leaving me stuck with brown blinds?

This review was modified by bitbucket000 on January 11 2015 04:50:03 PM

"This was my second order from blinds.com. I am very impressed with both their service and quality of the product. We opted for their deluxe wood blinds and they make the windows look beautiful. They really, really make the rooms that they are installed in. The product was delivered timely and the installation was easy. My first order I made a mistake on the measurement and then sent me a brand new blind within a week to replace it at their expense. The blinds were not cheap but they don't look cheap either, if I wanted a cheap blind I would have just gone to a box store. I will shop here again and again, very good! About the only thing I can complain about is with the second order it took a little longer because they ran out of some part that had to be used, it took about two weeks longer than I anticipated but it was not the end of the world so I'm not marking anything down for it, they communicated what was going on and that is all I could really ask for."

"I wish I had visited this site. Unfortunately I was stupid and only looked at the reviews on blinds.com. I know vendors manipulate them (i.e. only showing good ones) but I thought surely if so many have reviewed them they can't be all bad.

My experience so far have left me far from impressed. In short, here is a warning for those who are thinking of purchasing from blinds.com in the future

- there is a hidden handling charge that is only made known to you when you check out. Their excuse for the handling charge was overhead cost to process. My order was not special they charge everyone and while I don't see it as a lot I think that is not being honest in business practice. I had spent time going through the site to pick out what I wanted. That time is money to me and I think they know it. So to spring it on the back end seems back practice.

- Now for the order experience. They have a supposedly sophisticated tracking your order system to tell you when you can expect the goods. What is very unsophisticated and downright useless is to send me an email saying the blind is being made but fail to send me an email saying they have a back log and that I will not be getting my order by the promised date.
- lastly I did use their so-call in-home consultation. She was useless to say the very least. May be it was a small order but basically she was going through the motion providing no "consultation" but more taking down the order. Again, to me that is wasting my time. I could go to the website and order it myself if you can't answer my questions.

Yeeks, I just reviewed my comments. I sound pretty angry. I didn't know I had that much to complain. Anyways, for me it is water under the bridge. All I can do is wait for my blinds and not use them again.

This review was modified by lisach on December 11 2014 02:40:12 PM

"I placed a $2000 + order with Blinds.com and I am not happy at all with the results. The 100% Satisfaction guarantee is completely false and is subject to samples...No I did not order samples...my fault, but the color isn't even close. I tried to order new panels and was told that I have to order a complete set and that I would have to spend another $700 (with a whopping 25% discount) to replace only the panels and the valance. I also received prior notification that the rest of my order was to ship on November 7th....I receive an email on November 10th that says the color is out of stock and that it is on back order and wont ship until November 19th...They waited until after the item is supposed to ship to tell me that its been back-ordered? Completely unprofessional. I planned to be out of town for the week of Thanksgiving so now I must make arrangements for my package to be picked up by someone else. It would have been proper to know that the color was out of stock WHEN I ORDERED IT...that way I wouldn't have this issue. Being a military veteran, I purchased my house on a VA loan and have put the bulk of my savings to make the house look nice....I cannot afford another $700 to replace the panels I purchased...the color is completely wrong and they look cheap..it is embarrassing.
I will now tell everyone NOT to use a middle man company such as Blinds.com.

This review was modified by gobolts2 on November 13 2014 07:21:41 AM

"I bought a newly built home and I needed to put all the blinds in. I ordered about 15 sets of blinds while the builders were finishing. I moved in and noticed that two of the blinds were measured incorrectly (my fault), but the customer service team went out of their way to send me free replacements at no extra cost. They didn't require me to ship the blinds back either. Definitely will use blinds.com in the future if we decide to buy another house."

This review was modified by sudonimword on November 04 2014 08:05:22 AM

"This is the 4th or 5th time I have used this company. They have great products at reasonable prices and their customer support team is very responsive and easy to work with.

I will return for more!

This review was modified by edrifter on November 25 2013 12:41:08 PM

"Excellent Company to do business with. Products are great quality but the service is fantastic! I would definitely do business with them in the future. Service is immediate and they stand by there Sure Fit policy."

This review was modified by DLC10 on November 22 2013 04:24:01 AM

KatherineSmith's Avatar

Bogalusa, LA

"I've bought from blinds.com before and my experience was positive all-around."

Share Blinds.com's store rating

Blinds.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Blinds.com is not a merchant member
Blinds.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!