• Blinds.com

Product & services pricing Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.31/10 0.31/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10

"Terrible customer service. They cut my blinds too short and then refused to send replacements. They instead suggested that with the mounting hardware it was the correct dimensions, which is clearly not the case. The blinds were cut 4 inches shorter than specified and the mounting hardware is not even close to 4 inches high. To even get close to the dimensions I needed I have to unscrew the carriers on the hanging/sliding shutters almost completely out to where it's hanging by only a couple threads. I don't consider this a good solutions since it's very dangerous. They claim to have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on their site, but to date they have given me nothing but excuses and refused to resolve the issue. In addition they missed their delivery window by over a week and never bothered to explain why even after inquiring about it. I would take your business to a company that actually cares about customer service and doesn't just pay lip service to it. "

This review was modified by davidkn on August 19 2015 08:33:56 AM

"This company is terrible, junk made in Vietnam and comes shipped from overseas. Does not seem to be any quality control. The mounting screw are such a joke they are unusable and this reflect the quality of the blinds throughout. They use masking tape to bind the edges. My blinds came with the mounting holes completely mis-aligned and they give you a really hard time even thought they say 100% satisfaction guaranteed. I am not satisfied and they do not seem to give a flip. Do not buy!"

"I will never do business with this company again. I was given a delivery date of 14 days after payment. It is now 60 days and counting. I cannot get any info from anyone. Do Not!! order from this company!!"

This review was modified by brucegraney on July 25 2015 11:13:36 PM

"Website says ships in 6 days. Complete lie. What a bait and switch. And after contacting customer service 3 times, still no blinds. And customer service cavalier attitude, "oh well sometimes it happens". Bad service. Horrible service. Run from this company."

"I placed my order on July 8th around 3pm. I called on Friday morning at 8am to change the width. I get an email on July 16th telling me it can not be changed. Oh by the the way the order will not ship for another five days and will take another 5-7 business days to arrive. Looks like this will be my first and ONLY order with blinds.com. "

This review was modified by Wjmhog on July 15 2015 04:10:20 PM

"I bought blinds from them. They arrived with a broken end piece. That was back in February and 3 months later they have not been able to find or get a replacement. I have emailed and called several times to no satifaction. "

"bought wood blinds for four rooms, one was broken in box, second broke less than 24 hours after installing. Quality is crap. am going to return all 4 and buy somewhere else"

This review was modified by brad1000 on March 24 2015 06:23:05 PM

"Blinds are good quality, but the true estimate on shipping is far from truthful. My first 2 orders were both late, 1 by 2 weeks and 1 by a week. Of course, they had excuses and so I tried them again and now it has been 2 weeks past their estimated time. And once again, they have come up with another excuse, this time the weather. That would be fine for a few days, but we are looking at 12+ days past estimate. So if you are not concerned with a reasonable delivery, they have good blinds."

This review was modified by dh_what1 on March 10 2015 05:32:23 AM

"Horrible, unreliable...After two weeks I contacted them because their web said the blinds are still prepping. They found out they didn't even started working on them! so basically if I didn't contact them, they have no idea about my order...Customer service offered me expedited shipping, like I should be thankful for it and for their mistake. Worst response from customer service...that should tell you a lot about the company... "

This review was modified by PaulS. on February 27 2015 02:11:36 PM

"So far I love them. Great customer service. I forgot I wanted tilt wants instead of cables and they shipped them out to me for free. They also helped with the installation and the CS reps got back to me very quickly. I will definitely use them again for future blinds purchases."

"Awful experience. Hardware was not in the packaging for one of my blinds and they totally dropped the ball on correcting it. Their policy is only 2 day air and since I called on a Saturday they couldn't fulfill it until Monday and then it didn't get shipped until Wednesday for Friday delivery. A whole week! If you make a mistake, wouldn't you overnight to correct?"

This review was modified by lucky70 on February 14 2015 02:07:12 PM

"Fantastic site... Employees were very helpful in the ordering process. I ended up with a bali roll shade for my sliding glass door. When I had an installation question, I received a very quick response to my email. I use this shade 6-8 times every day as it is a south facing window that has alot of sun coming in, and is also the door we let our dog out frequently. It goes up and down 5-6x a day. 18 months later when the roll mechanism failed the promptly sent out a replacement. All FREE OF CHARGE. I was shocked... and very happy. Thanks again blinds.com and I will be going to you first for all my blind needs in the future."

This review was modified by dhalligan on January 21 2015 05:56:47 AM

"Colors on web site are way off and the "satisfaction guarantee" does not cover color.

We got honeycomb blinds made and picked something that looked like an earthy red on the web site. We got a light brown. We're not talking about the color being a bit off in tint, hue, or intensity. We're talking other side of the color wheel.

No satisfaction after I contacted the company. They offered to remake a new set of blinds for 25% off. No thanks! Why would I let you make even more money off of me after leaving me stuck with brown blinds?

This review was modified by bitbucket000 on January 11 2015 04:50:03 PM

"This was my second order from blinds.com. I am very impressed with both their service and quality of the product. We opted for their deluxe wood blinds and they make the windows look beautiful. They really, really make the rooms that they are installed in. The product was delivered timely and the installation was easy. My first order I made a mistake on the measurement and then sent me a brand new blind within a week to replace it at their expense. The blinds were not cheap but they don't look cheap either, if I wanted a cheap blind I would have just gone to a box store. I will shop here again and again, very good! About the only thing I can complain about is with the second order it took a little longer because they ran out of some part that had to be used, it took about two weeks longer than I anticipated but it was not the end of the world so I'm not marking anything down for it, they communicated what was going on and that is all I could really ask for."

"I wish I had visited this site. Unfortunately I was stupid and only looked at the reviews on blinds.com. I know vendors manipulate them (i.e. only showing good ones) but I thought surely if so many have reviewed them they can't be all bad.

My experience so far have left me far from impressed. In short, here is a warning for those who are thinking of purchasing from blinds.com in the future

- there is a hidden handling charge that is only made known to you when you check out. Their excuse for the handling charge was overhead cost to process. My order was not special they charge everyone and while I don't see it as a lot I think that is not being honest in business practice. I had spent time going through the site to pick out what I wanted. That time is money to me and I think they know it. So to spring it on the back end seems back practice.

- Now for the order experience. They have a supposedly sophisticated tracking your order system to tell you when you can expect the goods. What is very unsophisticated and downright useless is to send me an email saying the blind is being made but fail to send me an email saying they have a back log and that I will not be getting my order by the promised date.
- lastly I did use their so-call in-home consultation. She was useless to say the very least. May be it was a small order but basically she was going through the motion providing no "consultation" but more taking down the order. Again, to me that is wasting my time. I could go to the website and order it myself if you can't answer my questions.

Yeeks, I just reviewed my comments. I sound pretty angry. I didn't know I had that much to complain. Anyways, for me it is water under the bridge. All I can do is wait for my blinds and not use them again.

This review was modified by lisach on December 11 2014 02:40:12 PM

Share Blinds.com's store rating

Blinds.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Blinds.com is not a merchant member
Blinds.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!