Stores > Bits And Pieces

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

2016-05-17

disappointment

"I have ordered items Feb 1 2016. It is now May 17 2016 and no items have been delivered to me as I type this. They keep telling me it is on back order and it will be shipped as soon as they get them. Last two previous times I called they told me it was being shipped and I would be receiving them in 3-5 business days. Well it's been two weeks, so another call was done and same answer..........back order and will be shipped. Amazing how they took my money no problems and did not notify me that this product was on back order. Very dissatisfied customer and will not be dealing with this company any longer. A lesson learned!!!! "

2016-04-22

Really good experience!!!

"I'm so surprised by the negative reviews! I've ordered 6 -1000 pc. puzzles from Bits and Pieces and one silly coffee mug and had a great experience - admittedly 2 of the puzzles weren't the quality of a Ravensberger puzzle, but they arrived as predicted at the price stated. After completing one of the cheaper puzzles, we discovered one piece had been duplicated and one piece was missing. I called customer service, received an immediate credit to my credit card. I also called about a Wasgij puzzle that Canada Post claimed was delivered, but I didn't receive. Canada Post said the shipper had to initiate the claim. Bits and Pieces checked, emailed that it had definitely gone astray and again I received an immediate credit to my card. I just phoned them now so that they could recharge my card because Canada Post discovered they had, for some unknown reason, been holding the parcel for 2 1/2 months! All 3 service reps Janet, Elina and Paula were very efficient and courteous. All in all very positive experiences and great communication. "

2015-12-29

"In response to an ad promising express delivery by Christmas, I placed an order on December 19 for about $100 with Bits and Pieces. The order was sent non-express and arrived on December 29. Bits and Pieces offered to refund the order price, although it is too early to know if they will actually do it. The worst part is that I had to pay $50 shipping (!!!) to return the items.

Based on this experience, I have to strongly recommend avoiding this merchant. In a world where amazon ships things on-time and offers free returns, it is ridiculous to use a merchant that makes you pay return shipping when they screw up the order.

This review was modified by timnelsonic on December 29 2015 04:05:16 PM

2015-01-07

"An item we ordered (one of four) turned out to be an absolute piece of junk. We fully expected to have had to swallowed the $16 we spent, but a short phone call made everything right. They acknowledged that they had received a number of complaints regarding the product and offered, a replacement, a credit or our money back. This is the way a "GOOD BUSINESS" should be run, Before giving a negative reply, as I have seen in another review, give them the chance to make good. These people did."

This review was modified by lpojibwa on January 07 2015 04:34:40 PM

2014-12-31

"DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME I WISH I HAD READ REVIEWS BEFORE I PLACED AND AN ORDER OR SHOULD THAT BE GAVE THEM MY MONEY FOR NOTHING.
THEY ARE A TOTAL DISGRACE

This review was modified by dannyuk on December 31 2014 09:20:19 PM

2014-12-18

"i place a order online with bits and pieces which cost £45.96 the payment was taken from my account on the 21 of november at the sum of £75.96 i have contacted the company on the 25 november and was told the a cheque would be sent out i then phone again on the 10 of december to find out where my goods and refund were i was told i would recieve them shortly a week later my goods arrive but no refund so i phone again on the 18 of december to be told the cheque has not been printed yet and i would recieve it by tuesday hello it is christmas the post is delayed i have now contacted my bank who are now taking far for me wrong person to take the piss out of i will go legal "

2014-10-13

"Re. #47905 - Reflectuions of the Past: 1. Concert on a Summer's Day (1000pieces), 2. A Quiet Moment (750 pieces), and 3.Remembering The Evenings (500 pieces). I did #1 after much frustration, because the pieces were cut strangely, the edge pieces were not even recognizable, and the colors were too dull. Then did #2, and was even more frustrated: 5 of the edge pieces were not interlocked! I'm afraid to try #3. What a horrible way to make puzzles. No wonder I don't order anymore! You need to take lessons on how to cut the pieces, like MB, Hometown, Charles Wysocki, Ceaco, Hallmark, etc. who do it right. Very unsatisfactory.
kwalker1930@verizon.net

2014-01-21

"a scam company that will keep your money, and will not send your item,the keep you hanging on with excuses that your item is delayed or comes from another country because they do not have stock! RUBBISH! then when you ask for a refund they ignore your emails! avoid this company!!?

i ordered a product from them over 12 months before and again go the run around! should not have gone back for seconds i guess!
i would not purchase ANYTHING from this mob as all their crap is just cheap nasty junk!
Another strange fact is that the companies "Australian" emails have an ip address located in the UK and their UK emails have an IP address located in the USA! what a tangled web!

2014-01-13

"Well what can I say but this is the worst company I have ever dealt with, I ordered 1 product on 4.11.13 and another on 5.11.13 mistakenly believing they might be arriving at least by Christmas as they were Xmas gifts, well I kept ringing and writing asking where my orders were and they kept assuring me they would be there by 24th December, well 1 order arrived 6.1.14 and it is now 14.1.14 and I am still waiting for the other, if they lived in china I might have expected this, NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE."

This review was modified by flashranger on January 13 2014 10:02:13 PM

2013-12-28

"avoid this company - they take your money, take more money from you with over priced phone lines as the only means of contacting you & do not supply teh item purchased - shockingly poor service received"

This review was modified by pjfqq on December 28 2013 06:00:47 AM

2013-12-18

"I would not recommend getting tangled up with this company. I ordered two items via their website on Nov 4th 2013, and heard nothing from them for over two weeks. They finally sent me an email to acknowledge my order, and it took them another two weeks before I got an email to say the goods had been dispatched. I checked my bank account then, and found that they had taken my money. So far, so good, I thought! Well it is now December 18th, and I have still not received any goods at all. I have rung the company five times over the past week and a half, and each time get told to wait longer for them to arrive. The phone operators are not helpful at all and won't answer any direct questions about where they are sending the goods from or if they will replace what has obviously gotten lost in the post! I have sent off an email to the company about this problem, and so far, have heard nothing in return. I do not hold out any hope of ever getting the goods I paid for, so be warned. Do not order from these people. I wish I had read some of these warnings about Bits and Pieces before deciding to order from them myself."

This review was modified by 2blexi42day on December 18 2013 12:45:57 AM

2012-12-05

"So far, very bad. Ordered, told time of delivery. They didn't come when they should. Tried to check delivery, website was blank and stuck in a loop. 3 of the 7 items I ordered arrived a week late. I asked why I didn't get the other items. I never got an answer altho I received email that 1 item was on backorder until 12/20 (at least). No good, this is the 4th change of delivery date. I asked to cancel. Got no response, instead was billed. Never received a response about the rest of my order. Nothing. They are no longer even responding to me. (I use email-deaf) Everything has been paid for, but I don't have it and am not getting information about it. No good at all. "

This review was modified by janneleequi on December 05 2012 06:27:07 PM

2012-11-27

"BE CAREFUL of this website. They bait and switch you on pricing on their website. They advertise one price on the website then when you go to check out with your order they increase the price on certain items. These items are available elsewhere from a company that does not OVERcharge their customers and lives by the pricing that they advertise on their website."

2012-11-10

"I ordered on the internet, the coupon code did not work for 10% off as a first time customer. I emailed them and asked and was told it DID go through. When I received my order there was no discount applied and I emailed again - they apologized and said i'd get a refund of the 10% discount in the next few days. We'll see. I ordered 2 LED faucet lights for fun, "made in china" neither of them worked, they said they'd send me 2 replacements, I got it today, the packing slip says "2" but only 1 is in the box, it doesn't work either so i'm going to send them back and ask for a refund. I also bought a saturn spinner that is supposed to light up, also made in china, doesn't work. I ordered 2, one as a gift so i better open that one to test. the on/off switch is wired wrong, on is off and off is on and it doesn't spin, doesn't glow proper even after charging in the sun a couple days. Most of my order doesn't work and is total crap. I will not order from them again."

2010-12-28

"Ordered three items on the 12/8/2010; one personalized. The order was placed over the phone. I asked the customer service rep over the phone if Christmas delivery was guaranteed since I had ordered a personalized item, and know that these items sometimes take longer. I was assured that it would be delivered by Christmas. I received two items within a week of the order, and expected that the personalized item may take longer. When I didn't receive the item on the 21st, and hadn't received a shipment notification, I called customer service (as the customer service email is non-fucntional). They told me that the item had been delayed, but that it had been set up for express shipping, free of charge due to the delay, and was set to be delivered on 12/24/2010. It did not show up. I called customer service today (12/28) again (email still non-functional), and they told me a different story. The item, as far as they could tell, had not been set up for express, that they have no way to track delivery (as it "comes from a different vendor"), and they only received a notification from the vendor that it was shipped on 12/21/2010. She said they advised that personalized items be given 3 weeks for delivery, and that they were no longer offering guaranteed Christmas delivery after the first weekend in December. I let them know that the CS rep that I had originally ordered from said that it would not be a problem, and that they 2nd rep told me that he "could see it was set to be delivered on Christmas Eve"? No answer to that, except that she was sorry. She said that they have to allow TEN DAYS for shipping, and since it shipped on the 21st, I have to wait until 1/2/2011 to do anything about it. The 2nd is a Sunday, so now we are at 26 days since time of order. I will not be ordering from this company again."

Share Bits And Pieces's store rating

Bits And Pieces is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bits And Pieces is not a merchant member
Bits And Pieces does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!