Bits And Pieces Reviews - bitsandpieces.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.67/10 15 reviews

Bits And Pieces is not a merchant member
Bits And Pieces does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"a scam company that will keep your money, and will not send your item,the keep you hanging on with excuses that your item is delayed or comes from another country because they do not have stock! RUBBISH! then when you ask for a refund they ignore your emails! avoid this company!!?

i ordered a product from them over 12 months before and again go the run around! should not have gone back for seconds i guess!
i would not purchase ANYTHING from this mob as all their crap is just cheap nasty junk!
Another strange fact is that the companies "Australian" emails have an ip address located in the UK and their UK emails have an IP address located in the USA! what a tangled web!

"Well what can I say but this is the worst company I have ever dealt with, I ordered 1 product on 4.11.13 and another on 5.11.13 mistakenly believing they might be arriving at least by Christmas as they were Xmas gifts, well I kept ringing and writing asking where my orders were and they kept assuring me they would be there by 24th December, well 1 order arrived 6.1.14 and it is now 14.1.14 and I am still waiting for the other, if they lived in china I might have expected this, NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE."

modified review This review was modified by flashranger on January 13 2014 10:02:13 PM

"avoid this company - they take your money, take more money from you with over priced phone lines as the only means of contacting you & do not supply teh item purchased - shockingly poor service received"

modified review This review was modified by pjfqq on December 28 2013 06:00:47 AM

"I would not recommend getting tangled up with this company. I ordered two items via their website on Nov 4th 2013, and heard nothing from them for over two weeks. They finally sent me an email to acknowledge my order, and it took them another two weeks before I got an email to say the goods had been dispatched. I checked my bank account then, and found that they had taken my money. So far, so good, I thought! Well it is now December 18th, and I have still not received any goods at all. I have rung the company five times over the past week and a half, and each time get told to wait longer for them to arrive. The phone operators are not helpful at all and won't answer any direct questions about where they are sending the goods from or if they will replace what has obviously gotten lost in the post! I have sent off an email to the company about this problem, and so far, have heard nothing in return. I do not hold out any hope of ever getting the goods I paid for, so be warned. Do not order from these people. I wish I had read some of these warnings about Bits and Pieces before deciding to order from them myself."

modified review This review was modified by 2blexi42day on December 18 2013 12:45:57 AM

"So far, very bad. Ordered, told time of delivery. They didn't come when they should. Tried to check delivery, website was blank and stuck in a loop. 3 of the 7 items I ordered arrived a week late. I asked why I didn't get the other items. I never got an answer altho I received email that 1 item was on backorder until 12/20 (at least). No good, this is the 4th change of delivery date. I asked to cancel. Got no response, instead was billed. Never received a response about the rest of my order. Nothing. They are no longer even responding to me. (I use email-deaf) Everything has been paid for, but I don't have it and am not getting information about it. No good at all. "

modified review This review was modified by janneleequi on December 05 2012 06:27:07 PM

"I ordered on the internet, the coupon code did not work for 10% off as a first time customer. I emailed them and asked and was told it DID go through. When I received my order there was no discount applied and I emailed again - they apologized and said i'd get a refund of the 10% discount in the next few days. We'll see. I ordered 2 LED faucet lights for fun, "made in china" neither of them worked, they said they'd send me 2 replacements, I got it today, the packing slip says "2" but only 1 is in the box, it doesn't work either so i'm going to send them back and ask for a refund. I also bought a saturn spinner that is supposed to light up, also made in china, doesn't work. I ordered 2, one as a gift so i better open that one to test. the on/off switch is wired wrong, on is off and off is on and it doesn't spin, doesn't glow proper even after charging in the sun a couple days. Most of my order doesn't work and is total crap. I will not order from them again."

"Ordered three items on the 12/8/2010; one personalized. The order was placed over the phone. I asked the customer service rep over the phone if Christmas delivery was guaranteed since I had ordered a personalized item, and know that these items sometimes take longer. I was assured that it would be delivered by Christmas. I received two items within a week of the order, and expected that the personalized item may take longer. When I didn't receive the item on the 21st, and hadn't received a shipment notification, I called customer service (as the customer service email is non-fucntional). They told me that the item had been delayed, but that it had been set up for express shipping, free of charge due to the delay, and was set to be delivered on 12/24/2010. It did not show up. I called customer service today (12/28) again (email still non-functional), and they told me a different story. The item, as far as they could tell, had not been set up for express, that they have no way to track delivery (as it "comes from a different vendor"), and they only received a notification from the vendor that it was shipped on 12/21/2010. She said they advised that personalized items be given 3 weeks for delivery, and that they were no longer offering guaranteed Christmas delivery after the first weekend in December. I let them know that the CS rep that I had originally ordered from said that it would not be a problem, and that they 2nd rep told me that he "could see it was set to be delivered on Christmas Eve"? No answer to that, except that she was sorry. She said that they have to allow TEN DAYS for shipping, and since it shipped on the 21st, I have to wait until 1/2/2011 to do anything about it. The 2nd is a Sunday, so now we are at 26 days since time of order. I will not be ordering from this company again."

"I was very wary about ordering from Bits And Pieces because of the negative reviews here. I called customer service and got a real person -- a good sign. After talking with her, decided to go ahead and order, over the phone, with her.

Everything worked just fine: e-mails confirming the order receipt and the shipping, and online login using account number and zipcode (be aware that you'll get a blank screen if the order hasn't shipped yet -- my only complaint). I received my order today, Dec. 8th.

The website operation is not the smoothest, but overall I'm very pleased with the service and would not hesitate to order from Bits and Pieces again. My recommendation, though, is to do it by phone.

"Tried to place order via website, it kept erasing the coupon code I entered for new customer. So I placed the order via their phone system. Very pleasant experience, and the clerk manually applied the discount code. I received n email with confirmation of my order. Then the nightmares began

After 7 days, I tried to log in to see my order status since I hadn't received any new emails about shipment. Their system would not let me log in either by email address or order number or the account number they established for me. I called their automated system for order status, it said I never placed an order. I called a human who said yes my order was there, but had lain dormant for 7 days and no explanation as to why since all merchandise was in stock (it was in stock when I placed the phone order, so there is no excuse). The human said it would be sent out "soon" - nothing specific. I mentioned my difficulties with their website, she said she would pass on the info.
Tonight I tried yet again to log in to see order status, still can't log in

"I will NEVER order from Bits & Pieces or their affiliated company called The Paragon EVER AGAIN!! They both follow the same terrible business practices. Both of these companies fail to inform the customer about back ordered items and fail to follow up with orders that are not shipped in a timely fashion. I ordered originally from Bits & Pieces last year for Christmas presents, I ordered three different items in November to allow plenty of time for shipping. I ordered online and waited, and waited, and waited. I assumed that they would be delivered possibly in a week or two, the reason for thinking this was because it isn’t listed online when your order will be shipped, it doesn’t say that it will be there within 7-10 days, it just says that you can get standard or express delivery. When you click on the shipping information link, it takes you to a blank page that does not have any information on it. I was charged the full amount to my credit card and there wasn’t so much as an email to tell me that certain things weren’t in stock. First of all, if things are not in stock or are backordered, it should tell you that before you order it, and if for some reason they don’t have someone smart enough running their business to have that up to date, they should email customers as soon as they realize that they don’t have something that has been ordered. Needless to say I called the company after waiting about a month. I called and was able to get a person on the phone, it sounded like an older man who had never had any customer service experience. He sounded confused and told me that things were backordered and that was why I didn’t get them yet. I asked why I had been charged for things that were not available and he said he didn’t know. I asked if the items would be delivered by Christmas Eve and he said that yes, all three things that I ordered would in fact be here by then. Christmas Eve came and only one thing (of the three) arrived. I called the customer service number back after Christmas and it sounded like I was talking to the same man. I said that I was told that the things would be here and they weren’t and told him how it was bad business practice and to refund my money, he did and I thought I was done with them. So recently I was trying to find another company that sold one of the items that had never arrived. I found it at The Paragon (http://www.theparagon.com/) and didn’t realize that they are practically one in the same. (I look on their sight now and it is clear as day at the bottom of the home page, Bits & Pieces is listed as a partner site, which if I would have seen that to begin with I wouldn’t have even thought of ordering.) I ordered the thing from them on February 2, 2009, it is March 3, 2009 and this is what has happened so far... I waited and waited like I did before because there is no rush. The transaction was pending on my account finally on February 27th but has since been removed. I finally called them this evening to ask about the order. The woman on the other end (between coughing and hacking in my ear every 2 seconds, with no excuse me or any kind of customer service tact) told me that it was a very popular item and that it had been backordered. I asked why I had not been informed of the backorder and I asked where the package was now and why the transaction was pending and no longer listed. She told me that it was in Maumee, OH now and she told me that the account was charged for the item, which was the only information she was able to give me. I will keep waiting... I have not been charged though, and if they don’t charge me that would be a nice going away present because I will never deal with either company again."

"I will never purchase anything from Bits and Pieces again! I placed an order with Bits and Pieces on 12/1/07. Their website says that orders should be received within 7-10 business days. Once that time-frame had passed, I tried numerous times to reach Customer Service, but they have a recording saying they're too busy to take the call and then it kicks you off after about 5 minutes of holding. I finally found a person to speak to by calling their Sales line. They couldn't help me, but they transferred me to Customer Service and after holding for about 10 minutes, I actually had a live person to help me. They told me my order had shipped on 12/9. I don't understand why it took them 9 days to fill my order, but at any rate, I was able to get a tracking number from her. I tracked it for a few days and wasn't getting detailed info from UPS online. When I called UPS they told me that Bits and Pieces chose a service in which UPS only take the package as far as a nearby town to the recipient and that the post office would be delivering it to my home. With my package in the post office's hands, I had no way to track the package. It finally showed up on 12/17 (17 days after ordering) and one of the items was broken. This was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my grandmother and it barely arrived in time for me to ship it back out to her for Christmas, but for it to also come to me broken was a real disappointment. What was I going to send her now? I've been trying since then to reach Bits and Pieces to inquire how I can return the broken item to them without having to pay the postage myself, afterall, I didn't break it! I've had no luck reaching anyone live at the company. My next step is going to be emailing them with a threat to dispute the item on my credit card if they don't cooperate with me. Wish me luck!"

"Ordered 11/22/07, preauthed on my credit card, but never shipped (or charged)...YOU CANNOT CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Afer 5 minutes, it tells you they can't answer and hangs up on you, with no opportunity to leave a message. They don't answer email either. AVOID."

"They will not return my e-mails, can't get past their phone tree. After sitting on hold several times, it kicks you off. Then they won't answer your phone call at all.

Very unhappy with this company. DONT ORDER FROM THEM

"Dealing with Bits and Pieces is by far the WORST experience I have ever had with mail order. Mid- December I ordered 2 puzzle boxes. The total for 2 equally priced boxes was $80.97. I was shipped one box and charged $50.98. Huh? I figured this was just crazy accounting, the other box would show up shortly, and the balance of $29.99 would be charged at that time…

When it did not by the end of January, I called to check on the status. I was informed that “the requested item has been discontinued and is no longer available to purchase”. I argued that since I had a confirmed order that said I would be receiving two boxes that it was not appropriate for them to restructure the order and charge me that much for a single box without my approval. I was rudely informed the details of an order could not be check for an order “that far back”. I asked if I could send my confirmation to them and they could look at it and let me know if they would make a correction. Not having heard back by the beginning of May, I called again. After being rudely asked, “What do you expect me to do? I can’t send you a discontinued item,” she ended with the same story: “Send your order confirmation and I’ll look at it.” I said I’d sent it before and never heard back. Rochelle told me to put her name on it and she’d take care of it. Now I’ll get some results. No such luck. I never heard from Rochelle. I just got the same reply: “the requested item has been discontinued and is no longer available to purchase”. I tried a few time to e-mail and indicate that I knew the item was discounted and that that was not the issue. No luck, just “the requested item has been discontinued and is no longer available to purchase.”

Well, it turns out THIS IS A BOLD FACED LIE. Mid-May I ordered 2 of the boxes I have repeatedly been informed were discontinued and no longer available for purchase and they have shipped to me. They had them in stock for purchase. What a scam! You think someone along the line would have said, “We now have that item in stock and will gladly finish filling your order if you’d like”. Of course then they would have only been able to charge me the outstanding $29.99 on my original order. If they made me reorder they could nab another $50.98. I called again and was told that “the requested item has been discontinued and is no longer available to purchase” meant, “We could not get it to you by Christmastime, so didn’t what to disappoint you by having it arrive late.” WHAT?!?! Well you’ve more that disappointed me. You’ve proved you are more that bad a customer service – you are underhanded and deceitful.

Phoenix

"Dealing with Bits and Pieces was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have had with ordering items online. I ordered some Christmas gifts for my employees as a little thank you for their hard work this year. I placed the order on the 3rd of December, they charged my credit card for the order on the 4th. When I placed the order they said the package would arrive within 7-10 business days which is kind of slow but would still have the order to me by the 15th, well before Christmas.

The 18th rolled around and no package had arrived so I used their website tracking which indicated my items had shipped on the 5th. So my items should have arrived on the 18th. I tried calling their customer service line all day each day on the 18th, 19th, and 20th it just keeps coming up as busy. I also sent an email to their customer service on each of those days with no reply.

I finally had to send an email threatening to tell my credit card company to treat their charge as a fraudulent charge before I got a reply from these people. They sent me the tracking info for my package...it was actually shipped on the 14th not the 5th as indicated on their website. So my employees will not be receiving their gifts for Christmas if they are lucky they might get here before new years.

Long story short they charge your credit card immediately they don't get your items dropped off to ship for a week and a half then they use UPS basic which takes two weeks to deliver. You can't contact them to find out what's going on with your order and they will not respond to any emails unless you threaten them.

Do not buy from these people unless you are willing to receive your items a month after they have charged you for them.