Bison Business Supplies (formerly Able America) Reviews - BisonBusiness1.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 9 reviews

Bison Business Supplies (formerly Able America) is not a merchant member
Bison Business Supplies (formerly Able America) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"They shipped wrong merchandise. They paid to have it shipped back. I asked for a credit back to my credit card. It required 2 emails AND 3 phone calls before a credit was issued. Each email and each phone call they said it would be taken care of ASAP. BUYER BEWARE. I WISH I WOULD HAVE CHECKED RESELLER RATINGS. THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH THEM WITH A ZIP, ZERO RATING."

"I placed an online order for a CD case. They charged my credit card immediately. After not receiving the object and not being able to contact them via email or telephone, I wrote VISA and told them I was probably ripped off. They quickly got the charge reversed. I reordered the item from another vendor (this time I checked them out thoroughly) and received the item in 48 hours! Bison is totally inept and I can't believe they're still in business. This is my worst online purchasing experience in 8 years! Do NOT do business with this company - you'll be sorry!"

"Hopelessly inept. After a month of waiting for the item I purchased, I called repeatedly, only getting a busy signal. When I finally did get through, I was put on hold for about twenty minutes. When someone answered, I was told the person that could give me information about my order only worked 3 hours out of the day, and she had just left. When I finally got ahold of her two days later, I was informed my order was on backorder (I was NOT informed of this upon purchase, nor did it say anything about it on the website). After getting tired of dealing with these people and the constant busy signal, I decided to cancel my order. Getting my order cancelled involved hunting down ANOTHER specific person who does not work normal hours. A week after the first call, my credit card had not been refunded, so I had to call again. My request was lost "in a pile on [her] boss's desk." She assured me that she would place it on the top of the pile so he could get to it immediately. I finally agreed to this nonsense, and my credit card was refunded within a few days.
Dealing with these people was a hassle. They routinely list items on their site that are not in stock, nor do they plan on them being in stock, but they will still charge your credit card immediately upon ordering. Their customer service department is useless, and you will have to call for at least twenty minutes, but up to an hour, to get past their busy signal. You will then be placed on hold. Dealing with these people is impossible, and their business practices (listing products they have no intention of stocking, charging you immediately for items they don't have, etc) are extremely unethical and scam-like.

"I ordered a calculator from Bison. They sent an email confirming my order. They charged my credit card the same day. About a week and 1/2 later I called. They said they should would get it in in the next 2 days, then send it to me. I call a week later. Sorry, it should be in in a couple of days. Called about a week later. Still no calculator. Cancelled order. Called a week later, because of NO credit back to my card. Remember, they managed to charge it the same day as the order.

Oh, that person is out of the office. She's in the warehouse. Please leave your number and she will call you. NO call.
I called back in a couple of days. Yes the paper work is done and has been sent to the boss because he has to sign it for a credit.

Called credit card company. Nice people. Temporary credit. Card comp. said they will contact Bison and ask for credit. About 2 weeks later I get an email from Bison
"We are putting your paperwork into the the credit dept. for crediting. Unfortunately, after 30 days all credit card information is deleted from our computer systems. Please contact our office at your earliest convenience with your credit card information so we may continue the credit process."
Remember, they said the paper work had already been filled out.

Well, I called the credit card, (nice people, good cust. support) and the Arizona call center person said that they had sent a letter to Bison (week 1/2 ago) and Bison had all the info they needed to give the credit and not to give them any more info.
I have been calling Bison, trying to find out what's up, but all I get is the machine. This is during their stated business hours.

That's why I would not recommend Bison Business Supplies at 908-637-8600

"Bad busness. Bad experience. Order placed and billed but not shipped! It has been over a month and still no resolution from Bison Business Supplies. Order person only available 11 am to 2:30 pm eastern time. Stay away unless you like frustration."

"I placed an online order, for which they charged my credit card immediately. When I learned that the item was indefinitely backordered (not revealed at order time!) I cancelled the order. I called them seven times in six weeks to get them to refund my credit card, but they just stalled: on hold forever, leave message but no call returned, the person who can do it is on lunch break, etc. Their last excuse was that they only had one person who knew how to refund credit cards, and she had quit. I finally had to call the credit card company to cancel the charge. This company is either hopelessly incompetant or downright fraudulent."

"My Credit Card was charged 3-weeks before the item shipped out. Customer Service cannot look up order status -only 1-person does that job and she works 3.5hrs a day. It took 9 phone calls over a 2-week period to get my order status. NO calls were EVER returned! NO emails were ever responded to! I finally received the shipment tracking info 4-hours AFTER the package was left unattended on my front porch!! I will NEVER shop here again, and would NEVER recomend them to anyone."

"I ORDERED A TELEPHONE AND A DISPOSABLE CAMERA, I NEVER RECEIVED EITHER, I CONTACTED THE COMPANY AND WAS TOLD THE ORDER TRACKING DEPARTMENT WAS CLOSED. I ASKED THEM TO HAVE SOMEONE CONTACT ME , 2 DAYS LATER I RECEIVED A CALL TELLING ME MY ORDER WOULD BE SENT THAT DAY OR THE NEXT. I GOT AN EMAIL A FEW HOURS LATER TELLING ME THE THINGS I HAD ORDERED WERE ON BACK ORDER AND MY ACCOUNT WOULD BE CREDITED. VERY BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS, WORKERS ARE RUDE AND NO MY ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN CREDITED."

"Never shop at this store! I ordered a Canon PC1080F copier, and three days later I had a phone call letting me know the item had been discontinued from their inventory. Much to my horror, my credit card was billed for the item on the same day. I called the credits department to let them know, the person in the credit department said it would be taken care of by the end of that week. Undaunted I looked at their website and saw another copier in stock that would fit our needs and ordered it. Guess what? I received a phone call today, saying they do not have the item and when I checked my credit card bill online I had been charged for the second machine. The first is still not credited on my account.

When I called the Bison credit department, the same person I spoke with last week said that they were backed up and it may be a week before they can credit me. I let her know how unacceptable that was and asked her for the name of her supervisor or her boss, neither of which she would provide. This seller is dishonest about inventory, and disorganized with billing and credits. I will never shop from this merchant again.

After 1 week, my card was finally credited. I will never order from this site again, despite the low prices and ease of ordering.

modified review This review was modified by queenbee533 on August 02 2004 08:56:07 AM