Stores > Bingo Cameras (founded by Richie Setta, a former employee of SonicCameras.com)
  • Bingo Cameras (

Voice your opinion! Review Bingo Cameras (founded by Richie Setta, a former employee of SonicCameras.com) by clicking a star below.
2010-08-01

"I placed and order with Bingo Cameras yesterday. Today I received two text messages supposedly from my credit card company asking me to call a number and follow instructions. I called on another number and was told that no one had contacted me from there. I believe Bingo gave my card info to a scammer. I have canceled that card and am replacing it. Beware!"

2010-05-04

"I haven't used this company or had any dealings with them. I was scammed by Skypoint Digital. I'm going to try to get on as many of these sites as I can to tell you what you can do about these kinds of websites.

Look up the attorney general for the state this company operates out of and go to that website. In the search engine, type in Consumer Fraud Form and fill it out and return it.
There is a division that investigates consumer fraud that also includes internet sales if the company is located in their state. Once you file a claim, they will investigate and mediate on your behalf to resolve the issue. This is what we need to do to put scammers like these out of business and hopefully in jail.

2010-04-23

"I ordered two canon 7d cameras on line after I called and was told that they definietly had them in stock. The next day I was called and told that I could not purchase a 7d unless I payed twice the amount they charged me. I was told they could not get one at that price but if I wanted to I could be put on their list to get one when they came in. I have called many times since because they are still advertising the camera at the same price I thought I could purchase one at but they always say that they just sold out and I must pay twice the price if I want to buy one. This is a bait and swich just to call them because they will not sell a canon 7d for $800.00 as they advertise. Edward Hanna"

This review was modified by echanna on April 23 2010 09:17:31 AM

2010-01-25

"Order from this company and you will be SORRY. We got lied to, twisted around in every direction and still do not haave what we need 3k later. I am taking my loss and hoping to help all others avoid our frustration. "

2010-01-16

"I read from their web site for a set of Nikon camera, their selling price is very very attractive, approx. 25% less than market.
Their advertisement "In Stock" for that camera.
Two days later, they sent email to me that my order is canceled, the camera is out of stock. Now, I am still worry whether this company uses low product prices to get others credit card details. I am not sure whether my credit card details had been stolen for credit card imitation.

2009-12-21

"Ordered a 580EXII and had to call them back to confirm. Was told it was out of stock and would ship in 2 to 4 weeks. Never shipped, haven't recived it but was charged for shoes that were bought with my credit card along with some computer parts. Not recommended, obviously."

2009-12-20

"NEGATIVE DO NOT BUY FROM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. Same story as everyone else, which I read these reviews beore. Ordered the Canon HV30, found out two weeks later when the order didn't show up it was on back order & had been canceled.

When I checked the website they actually lowered the price $20 so I called in to ask if it was really there. The sales person said no and when I asked why they had recently lowered the price, he just hung up on me.

NEVER BUY FROM BINGO CAMERAS.

2009-12-10

"I only have an order#. Dealing with these rude people has been the most unpleasant customer service experience I have ever had. I tried to purchase a Canon 7D Camera from these people. Yes, the price was too good to be true, and I have to take some responsibility for being in this predicament, because I tried to find the best price. I put my order in, received a confirmation e:Mail, telling me to call them to confirm. I call, the representative proceeds to tell me that what I purchased was just the body of the camera, there was nothing else in the box, no wires/cables/software/battery charger/battery/manual, etc. He said what I needed to purchase in order to have all that is their Retail Kit, which was about $500 more. I hesitated, then he proceeded to ask me, why I chose that camera, and have I ever considered the 50D? He told me that the cameras weren't that much different, other than the 7D having a video option, so after "throwing" in a few extra items that I wouldn't need anyway, he convinced me that for the price, this was a better camera and so I gave in. After hanging up the phone, I wasn't feeling comfortable with my decision. I went online and really did my research, realized that I really did want the 7D, and I found it for a better price on a respectable/highly rated site. So I called back again and tried to cancel my order, this time another sales representative again tried to convince me to keep the camera by "throwing" in even more "free" stuff and knocking off an additional $50 off my order. I told him that I didn't want the camera and needed to cancel the order. He then said that he couldn't cancel it, I would have to call back Customer Service in the morning to do it, because it was already after close for them. So, the next morning I called Customer Service and was told that the camera already shipped and they couldnt' cancel the order. I would have to wait to receive the camera, call in for an RMA# and then I would get my money back after they received it. But in the mean time I would have to pay for the return shipping.

These people are liars, thieves and con artists. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I did receive the camera, haven't even opened the box, called in for an RMA#, returning it today and hope and pray that I actually see my money back on the card. I feel like such a fool for not doing my research ahead of time and reading up reviews of the stores that I purchase from. From now on, not even a single ink-cartridge will be purchased without a thorough review/research. PLEASE, PLEASE, whatever you do, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!

This review was modified by homette on December 10 2009 10:26:29 AM

2009-11-09

"I made 2 sep purchaces/camera body/camera lense.I was told to call verify purchase, I did then was told the lense i wanted didn't work well with my camera body, needed to upgrade to a better nikon lense, so i agreed. I then tried to find the nikon lense i upgrded to on the internet,no where to be found. Found out it was a sigma lense ? I called and told them i didn't want it and they said it was to late that it already shipped.Even though i called before the item shipped.(phone record and ups record) Then got an email saying the camera body i ordered was 8 weeks delaid so they cancelled my order on the camera body.Also they removed my original order for the nikon lense in my account and never put in the order for the sigma lense in my account,gee i wonder why? obvious now they didn't want a paper trail of there switch. Please inform the New York Attorney Generals office this place is running a scam operation,they need to be shut down.And I want all my money back. "

This review was modified by bingoscam on November 09 2009 11:44:22 AM

2009-11-05

"I attempted to place an order for a Canon EOS 50D with 2 lenses with Bing Cameras. I ended up with a Bait n Switch sales person, Nate Larson who blatantly lied to me about what he was selling me. They refused to cancel the order 5 min after it was placed. Refused to accept my returning everything without charging over $600. I have complaints in with The Better Business Bureau of N.Y., The Federal Trade Commission & Chase Credit Card Fraud dept. I have shipped the box back, insured & to be signed for. I have no idea if I'll see any of my money $2698."

2009-11-05

"STAY AWAY- They are not just Scamming you _ They will Violate you so bad that you will need a bottle of Ibuprfen. I am writing this review hoping to stop as many people as possible from losing money during these holidays. My wife bought a D300 package and they sent her a D90 package, we called as soon as we open the box. Dave said that he recorded my wife ordered so, he is a nice guy, willing to take it back , but minus $ 430. What a SCAMMED ! Most people do not read reviews and they are continueing to make money on new victims.Credit card companies, please do some thing !!!! LND Houston"

2009-11-02

"SAME as to what every review says to BINGO Camera, after doing all the confirmation the merchant is asking you to do , you will be waiting for no package till you call and telling you its BACKORDER and wait for 2-3 weeks!!! and nothing says on their WEB site stating items backordered BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE "

2009-10-19

"This was absolutely the worst company that I have ever dealt with. Please do not buy anything from them. I first ok'd my order without really realizing that they switched lenses on me to one that I didn't order in the first place. Very pushy with trying to upsale other products as well.

After I said ok to the purchase, I immediately went and looked up the company because I got a sketchy feeling. Everything I read said to not buy from them. I called RIGHT back asking the "supervisor" Dave to please cancel my order. He gave me the run-a-round for THIRTY minutes, basically ending up calling me an idiot for not wanting to go through with this "great" offer, getting very upset with me for no reason, and being very unprofessional. He then told me that I would have to pay 150+ dollars to cancel my order plus parts of my order were nonrefundable (even though I was never told that in the first place).

Horrible service.

2009-10-11

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!! I had a bate and switch situation from this place. Along with credit card fraud after I cancled my transaction. (I have never had fraud before this) Plese do not use these guys!! I ordered a D300 package and they switched me to a "better" d5000 package which it wasn't. They gave me the you need this and that to go with the package after they got my security code. Which they call the next day for. Only after I notified my credit card company and put the charges under dispute did they give me a return order number. "

2009-09-17

"Hi, I am hoping to write a positive review for Bingo Cameras. I recently ordered a camcorder and paid extra for 3-day shipping. A day after I placed the order, I received an email to confirm the order for security purposes. I was instructed to call them. That seemed strange but I called and confirmed the order. They didn't try to upsell or cross-sell me but instead simply said ok the camera would ship out within a day. As I said, I'm hoping to write a positive review. I'll update this message as soon as the camera arrives. If I read all the feedback about this company before ordering the camera, I would have shopped elsewhere. Keeping my fingers crossed - pcdude

The rest of the story... I waited several days for an order to arrive and received nothing. I called was told the camera that I ordered was a "gray" market version and it was on backorder. I was told that an email was sent to me informing me of this status. That never happened. The best part of the conversion was listening to to sales guy tell me they had the same camera with the battery and charger, which is what I expected, for more money (of course), and it was in stock. Ok, I'm convinced there are better people to do business with. Advice to Bingo for what it's worth.. Clean up the business model, do away with the bait and switch routine - not worth the lost customers and the bad press. Simply accept a little less margin than the big guys and go for volume with high focus on customer satisfaction. best of all improve the online order experience. List exactly what the customer purchased, pricing, shipping, and provide a shipping tracking number. Do away with the follow-up phone call asking for the security code from a credit card. A follow up email with the order confirmation and tracking similar to ebay works well. Until then, avoid this reseller.

This review was modified by pcdude7436 on September 27 2009 04:37:34 PM

Share Bingo Cameras (founded by Richie Setta, a former employee of SonicCameras.com)'s store rating

Bingo Cameras (founded by Richie Setta, a former employee of SonicCameras.com) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bingo Cameras (founded by Richie Setta, a former employee of SonicCameras.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!