Stores > Bike Nashbar

• Bike Nashbar

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
2016-12-11

Better service elsewhere, manipulated reviews on their site

"2 stars because their sales are sometimes good, -3 for dishonesty and customer service. I've generally had decent service from them. Based on my experience with orders and shipment. One product I ordered from them wasn't up to spec, and when I called customer care though I'll admit my request might be a bit too much for some.. for expensive bike parts it should still have been accommodated to. So I left a review of their product on their website and my experience with customer service. But...GUESS WHAT! THEY DELETED MY REVIEW. so next time you buy from them, make sure you find some reviews outside of their site. They clearly manipulate reviews for their product listings."

This review was modified by aznracers4 on December 11 2016 10:00:05 PM

boogergreenglen's Avatar

Los Angeles, Ca
2016-10-13

Ordered items, came as described!

"I signed up their mailing list, saw a promotion for additional 25% off on select items. I ordered some cleaning brushes, co2, chain cleaners and tire levers and received items all new as described. Dont have any complaints. Ill order from them again."

2015-08-21

"Bought my wife a Women's Nashbar AT 2 mountain bike off of Amazon, fulfilled by nashbar. Then noticed the bikenashbar.com site had 20% off on the same bike. They helped me get a refund of the 20% issued by Amazon. Fast shipping, well packed. And I think the bike is a great value. Customer service was great. This was a five star transaction for me.
I liked their service and the bike so well I bought a second bike for myself. I recommend buying directly off the bikenashbar.com website and watching for one of their frequent sales.

2015-08-03

"I had heard really good things about Nashbar, but found their customer service very lacking. I live in a rural area and ship to a shipping company/outlet. I have not had any problems with Amazon or any other larger retailers, but Nashbar suddenly cancelled my order the day before it was set to arrive (!) and told me they won't ship to "ups stores, mail holding facilities, mail box plus address, warehouses, shipping or freight forwarding companies." They are not willing to work something out, which is too bad, as I've already booked the time off work to go pick up my purchase. I will buy from someone else. As an aside, please note that their prices vary very widely with sales and you should definitely watch for a while before committing to a purchase. If you ship to anywhere other than a single-family residential address, then buyer beware!"

This review was modified by jdathom on August 03 2015 06:04:22 PM

2015-05-18

"unaccomidating the price dropped on an garmin computer (the promotion said no garmin) but went all the way to checkout and the discount applied. Spoke to them on the phone and they said my only option was to buy two and sent one back. What the sense in that they pay two shippings and i pay one. Weird way to run a business."

This review was modified by ross1234 on May 18 2015 06:19:26 PM

2015-05-04

"I purchased a bike from them online on 05/2015 and got a great deal. More importantly, the service was amazing. The bike shipped quickly and arrived on my doorstep right on time. Unfortunately, the bike was damaged in the course of shipping. Bike Nashbar to the rescue! I called them over the weekend and reached live customer service reps without any hold time at all. They got me the labels I needed to ship the bike back immediately, no questions asked. They told me that the would have to take receipt of the return bike first before sending out a replacement. This didn't work for me because I had an overseas trip scheduled, and when I informed them of that, they escalated to a manager and shipped my new bike right away. Replacement bike was flawless. Couldn't have gotten a name brand bike with the same components for twice the price. "

This review was modified by awalefin on May 04 2015 05:18:13 PM

2015-04-17

"In December 2014 I purchased a wireless computer for my indoor trainer. After 16 months one of the buttons on it stopped working. I called Bike Nashbar to ask what to do since it was still under warranty. I expected to have to send it back to the manufacturer, but they told me I could return it for a refund or exchange for another computer, not necessarily the same one. I picked out a different one, returned the original one, and a week later I not only had a brand-new computer but a 10.00 credit, for what I don't know - they were the same price and I was supposed to be charged shipping going back for using the original return label. You can't ask for better customer service than this, any other place would have told me to deal with the manufacturer."

This review was modified by gberger on April 17 2015 06:26:11 PM

2015-04-09

"Nashbar has great prices and a good customer return policy (My wife tried about 10 sizes/styles of bike shorts and kept 3). Their inventory is what they get (mostly clearance) but if they have what you want, you can't do better."

2015-04-07

"I like Nashabar. They are one of my top three online retailers for Bicycle gear.
Their website for orders does lag a bit if you call in and make a change.
They are a little slow on shipping, even when you pay extra for the expedited processing.
Their prices are usually very good.
I like some of their rebranded items, their Nashbar SPD pedals are lighter and cheaper than the Shimano's, I use them on a few of my bikes with no problems.
I've never had to return anything so I can't comment on the returns department.

2015-02-14

"Ordered a new hybrid bike at a good price. Shipped quickly and arrived un-damaged.

Only annoyance is that this weekend they are having a 20% off sale. They hype their "Forever Guarantee/Price Protection" policy which is supposed to protect against price drops for 30 days, but they refused to honor it on grounds that "discount codes" don't count. They are allowed to have whatever price match policy they want, but I find their advertising to be disingenuous since prominently advertised discount codes are one of their primary pricing tools.

This review was modified by jay_ceee on February 14 2015 02:22:43 PM

2014-10-31

"Ordered new set of $800 wheels from Nashbar. Wheels arrived heavily damaged. Customer Service was very unapologetic and offered no method to make the situation right. Just send the wheels back and they will refund money.

Poor, poor customer service. Will not buy from again.

2013-08-02

"Not what they used to be, which is a shame. I ordered an item this week that they never shipped, and never contacted me about the issue. When I contacted them, they were unapologetic, and could care less. If getting your parts on time is important to you, then look elsewhere."

This review was modified by k31337 on August 02 2013 08:18:23 AM

2013-06-27

"Totaly unprofessional and stupid buying rules.

French touring biker on the road, i ordered parts to get it with there great "overnight shipping"... order made yesterday morning... no news and nothing this morning.
"YOU CAN´T SHIP TO GENERAL DELIVERY WITH THE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING" they said... ok let´s change for a fisical adress... 2h hours later "NOTHING WILL BE SHIP" why ?? "BECAUSE IF YOU BUY WITH AN INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD YOU HAVE TO SHIP TO AN INTERNATIONAL ADDRESS..."

So in fact I JUST CAN´T BUY ANYTHING IN SHOP.

Great prices but awful service and cooler customer service ever seen.

THANKS FOR FUCKING MY DAY NASHBAR.

This review was modified by eva4 on June 27 2013 01:19:40 PM

2013-06-04

"Nashbar has great products at a good price. Make sure to read the reviews before purchasing because sometimes products run too large or too small. Overall, I have been very satisfied with them and have never had to return anything."

2013-01-25

"First off, I'd like to say that I have ordered MANY times from Nashbar over the years, and have only had to deal with customer service once. So, for me, they have a very good record of filling my orders correctly and getting them to my door in a very reasonable amount of time. Most of their products are good quality and they have a good selection of bike parts/accessories at reasonable prices - I commend them on that. My only beef with them is that the one time that I did have an issue with an order, they did not respond to my emails. I ended up having to call them, but to their credit, they do seem to answer their phones promptly rather than making you wait on hold for seemingly endless minutes like some companies do. They did correct the shipping issue via the phone and all ended well in the end. One thing that you need to do is read the information about returns, shipping damage, etc. very closely since they do seem to follow their own guidelines to the letter (think Department of Motor Vehicles). Overall, I am a happy shopper and will continue to shop with Nashbar since they get in items that I can't seem to find anywhere else at their price, and they do offer "free shipping" specials and "20% off" sales fairly regularly. "

Share Bike Nashbar's store rating

Bike Nashbar is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bike Nashbar is not a merchant member
Bike Nashbar does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!