Bike Nashbar Reviews - nashbar.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.67/10 71 reviews

Bike Nashbar is not a merchant member
Bike Nashbar does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Not what they used to be, which is a shame. I ordered an item this week that they never shipped, and never contacted me about the issue. When I contacted them, they were unapologetic, and could care less. If getting your parts on time is important to you, then look elsewhere."

modified review This review was modified by k31337 on August 02 2013 08:18:23 AM

"Nashbar has great products at a good price. Make sure to read the reviews before purchasing because sometimes products run too large or too small. Overall, I have been very satisfied with them and have never had to return anything."

"CAVEAT EMPTOR (BUYER BEWARE)..PLEASE READ THIS. THIS IS A GREAT COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT NEED TO RETURN GOODS.

First, I've been doing business with Nashbar for over twenty years since their days here in Youngstown, OH. I've purchased several hundred dollars of bikes and accessories from their outlet store and online. I purchased a bike and received a damaged wheelset. Nashbar said it would replace either the entire bike or wheelset after I returned the damaged wheels and it would take 2-3 weeks. Not wanting to wait (for the best riding in summer to pass) I purchased another bike and shipped the damaged bike back. The refund process was less than satisfactory. WHAT A MESS. IT TOOK TWO CALLS TO GET THE REFUND PROCESS AND CORRECTLY REFUNDED. I'm a CPA and it took twenty minutes to explain to customer services what they CHARGED ME and what they CREDITED ME did not match. First, they sent me a invoice for the second bike and it didn't foot (add up)correctly. It appears their tax calculation tables are wrong. So of course, the refund was short what I had actually paid. Also, they claim that the return shipping for over-sized items is automatically calculated and refunded for shipping based on the scan of the UPS label, that too is also false. They arbitrarily refunded a flat 30 dollars based on my follow-up where I stated the return shipping was over 30 dollars. Three calls later and 3 weeks after the original order, I finally got the refund corrected. By the way, they drag their feet on refunds. My credit card still has not been credited. Shipped the damaged bike and they received the next day (I live 20 minutes from their distribution center). Took a week to seen anything from them, let alone a credit to my card. I order online quite a bit from all types of vendors. My expectations from a large company like Nashbar is no different that that of other stores that promptly and accurately handle purchases and returns. Buyer beware on returns. This is the second time they shorted me on a refund in two years, hence incensing me to write this review.

modified review This review was modified by mmuha on July 31 2012 06:51:33 AM

"Have ordered parts from them from time to time.
Problems started when I had to send a defective part back. I called them 3 times requesting a credit applied to my credit card (as they advertized) and in the end (5 days later) I receive their eGift card instead. (No shipping charge refunded either though the part was defective and I paid for return shipping myself).

"I'm surprised by the number of bad ratings. Perhaps I've dodged bullets? Anyway, I'm leaving feedback my own recent experience which was positive. No delays in shipping my order. I got exactly what I ordered intact and in good shape. Received my stuff 5 days after I ordered. Can't complain at all. I don't often order from nashabr, but I've yet to experience a problem ever."

Rating 8/104/5

"Curious - I've never had a real problem with Nashbar. Sometimes shipping does take a little long. But nothing earth shattering. I've had to return a thing or two over the past 3 years, but it was my own fault or I just didn't like the product. The customer always pays for return shipping in cases like those from practically any merchant. I did just place an order yesterday, so I'll have to see if I get any unauthorized magazine subscriptions, I guess. But I doubt it."

"I ordered for the Total:$213.59, and after few days I wrote email to find out what is status of my order, so it took more than one week to find out what is go in on, only than I wrote, that I will cancel my order after 24 hours if they will not tell me what is wrong, they told me, that there some problem to contact with my bank :) (I am buyer which buys almost everything on internet, and I never had such a problem). So when I found out the reason of problem, I gave them a time, till next day, and in the middle of this term, I asked about possibility to add one item to my oder, but they wrote "Your order will be canceled upon your request", but I asked to resolve the problem :) and if there is still a problem, to cancel it. So easier to do nothing :) By the way, they forwarded my email to International department, and customersservice wrote me, that tey answered me, what is problem, but I never receive such a email."

"I have been ordering from Nashbar since the 1980s. No more. I had the same problem with their subscribing me to Outside magazine as another reviewer here. There is no way out of it. Nashbar required you to send a written opt out at order time. That's right, a mail-in form. I figured this out after the fact. I have attempted to cancel the magazine subscription. It keeps coming. Taunting me every month. I will just have to get my credit card to issue me a new number because of the auto renewal I never agreed to. That Nashbar would throw away a 30 year relationship over a $9 magazine subscription should give you a good idea how bad this company is. I complained to Nashbar. No response."

"Let me say up front that, eventually, I did receive the bike I ordered. However, what a mess this seller is...

- Lost lost track of my order twice
- Changed my order
- Overcharged me (they apply sales tax to the full price and then subtract the "discount" based on that initial price; is that even legal?)
- No email confirmation of the order
- Clueless (or not empowered) customer service (talked to four reps)
- Slow shipping... took about two weeks to get something that allegedly was "in stock"

To add insult to injury, about 2 weeks after the whole ordeal, I received a boilerplate email (with empty spaces for my name and purchase reference) stating that their goal was my "complete satisfaction". Seriously?

Will NOT use again.

"Crummy customer service. I had a back ordered item. If you are not a member, you cannot check the status of your back ordered item. I e-mailed them three times asking about status with not a single reply. I have now been charged for two deliveries because they split the order. I purchased BN cage pedals part number NS-CGP and the bearings feel like there is sand in there. They will not rotate. I tried using them for about 30 miles to see if they would loosen up, they would not. You cannot get at the assembly very easily to loosen the fitting. The screws around the cage for the pedal are loctited on or something. They will not back out so I canotn get at the pedal bearings. I threw the pedals out. I ordered toe clips. Nowhere did it indicate or warn you needed to order $3:00 straps with the pedals. You would think they would ask if you needed straps to go with the toe clips. So if you want to buy the $3:00 straps you have to add $6:00 for delivery. I did call Customer service to ask if I couldn't have some straps added to my back order. Customer Service (Sarah) said no. So good by Bike Nashbar. I used to order from them when they were a mail orde catalog system and it was good. Not any more"

Rating 4/102/5

"Good prices but customer service stinks. Ordered some items on Sunday, got my confirmation number but nothing else since. It's now Tuesday so I called back in and gave the gal the order number but she couldn't find any information on the order and after confirming my address etc, she told me to call back in the after noon. In the mean time, I checked on a couple of the items I'd ordered and they were no longer available. I called back in the afternoon and got the same results ... couldn't find the order but it may be in credit (even though my credit is excellant and there was no problem with the previous orders) but the girl that handled that was not in today (only one girl in credit???). Like I said, Nashbar does have good prices but also tends to short orders I guess because they don't have enough stock to cover their advertised products. Anyway, I cancelled the order (at least I requested it be cancelled but who knows) after she said they'd ship whatever was in stodk once the order was released. I'm pay a little more if it means I'll actually get what I want. Obviously that won't happen at NB and I can understand why they don't participate at ResellerRatings.

Edit:I do need to adjust my rating up 1 star overall. I contacted customer service about 4 items I purchased in Sept and Oct and was told I could return them. I was hesitant about putting all 4 in the same box but I did along with the receipts and used their label. I was tlod that the refund of about $200 would go back to my card(s) used for payment. I was surprised that a couple of weeks later, I received full credit on the 3 cards I had used (minus the cost of the shipping label). I have another shirt that is too small that I'll be returning and hopefully, I'll have the same luck.

"Here is my recent experience with Bike Nashbar.
I am not sure when they were founded but I know I bought cycling stuff from Bike Nashbar and Performance Bike about 20 years ago without a single problem, that is until recently when I created a new account to buy some new cycling related items. The problems begin when I received a subscription to Outside Magazine. For the life of me I did not know who would have done this until I thought of recently signing up at BN.

So I call BN and talk to their customer service rep. and she said they did it. Well I went ballistic, what gives them the right to do these kinds of things without my authorization. So I kindly ask the CSR to cancel my account at BN and she says she will forward it to the right person. I then go to the Outside Magazine website to cancel my subscription and stop auto renewal.

A week goes past and I’m still able to log in to my account at BN, so this time I email them. And I get same script from BN, we will will pass it on to the right person. After waiting a few weeks I receive another copy of Outside Magazine in the mail. Here we go again. Back to Outside Magazine’s website to cancel my subscription again and now I find even thou the magazine is in my name I am not authorized to change my auto renewal settings. I email a CSR from Outside Magazine, this time telling them that BN had no authorization from me to send me the magazine and I also ask to have my auto renewal changed. I also emailed BN again this time threatening to report them to the BBB and FTC.

I think that I would like to give a person or company a little leeway sometimes, but this time, three strikes and your out. If they can’t figure it out the first time you ask then there is something very very wrong. They seem very incompetent to me.

Customer Service Dept. or Company???? In this case I don’t know. It would be nice if there was a opt out when you sign up for an account , but there is none.

As far as I’m concerned I’m done with them. I just hope Outside Magazine isn’t as hard to deal with.

If others have asked BN to delete their account. My advice make sure they have, chances are they haven’t because they seem too inept.

The customer service at BN is very very bad so I sure hope others heed the warning here.

So as it stands now I have called my credit card company to report my card lost so BN can’t charge me for a auto renewal to Outside Magazine (I get a new number that is not in the BN system), waiting on a CSR from Outside Magazine to contact me. And I have given BN till September 16 to delete my account or they get reported and this story goes viral.

So this morning I decided enough is enough. I have given them more than enough time to delete my account.
So I reported Bike Nashbar to the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission.
If I could give them a zero I would.

"I love this store! I have contacted nashbar customer service once to see if they could help me contact diadora to replace a screw that fell our of my bike cleat. I received an email the next day saying that they contacted diadora for me, ordered the screw and that it was on its way to my door with no cost to me. They went beyond my expectations of just helping me solve my problem with diadora by solving it for me. I will never shop anywhere else fort bike parts."

"The worst customer service EVER!!! I ordered product from them, a week later I had heard nothing. I called their "customer service" at 9:18am ET, got voicemail saying they were closed, call back during their regular hours of 7:00am to 5:00pm ET, 7 days per week blah blah blah. I thought 9:18 was within those hours, I must be stupid. When I finally got through to a person, I was told I was not getting my stuff, because they don't like my address. Sorry ma'am. They didn't even have the decency to call me and let me know. I will NEVER order from these people again. I just hope my credit card number (that I gave while ordering online) is not used inappropriately by these crooks."

"Nashbar cannot accept virtual credit card account numbers! Eek!!
For an week now I have been going back and forth with them until they finally acknowledged that it is an issue on their end. Management supposedly knows of the problem and they are not dong anything about it. They can't even be bothered to post a note on their site alerting of the potential problem. They are putting customer after customer through this ordeal without any respect for their time.
This is the last time I placed an order with them.