"Not what they used to be, which is a shame. I ordered an item this week that they never shipped, and never contacted me about the issue. When I contacted them, they were unapologetic, and could care less. If getting your parts on time is important to you, then look elsewhere."

modified review This review was modified by k31337 on August 02 2013 08:18:23 AM

"Totaly unprofessional and stupid buying rules.

French touring biker on the road, i ordered parts to get it with there great "overnight shipping"... order made yesterday morning... no news and nothing this morning.
"YOU CAN´T SHIP TO GENERAL DELIVERY WITH THE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING" they said... ok let´s change for a fisical adress... 2h hours later "NOTHING WILL BE SHIP" why ?? "BECAUSE IF YOU BUY WITH AN INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD YOU HAVE TO SHIP TO AN INTERNATIONAL ADDRESS..."

So in fact I JUST CAN´T BUY ANYTHING IN SHOP.

Great prices but awful service and cooler customer service ever seen.

THANKS FOR FUCKING MY DAY NASHBAR.

modified review This review was modified by eva4 on June 27 2013 01:19:40 PM

"Nashbar has great products at a good price. Make sure to read the reviews before purchasing because sometimes products run too large or too small. Overall, I have been very satisfied with them and have never had to return anything."

"First off, I'd like to say that I have ordered MANY times from Nashbar over the years, and have only had to deal with customer service once. So, for me, they have a very good record of filling my orders correctly and getting them to my door in a very reasonable amount of time. Most of their products are good quality and they have a good selection of bike parts/accessories at reasonable prices - I commend them on that. My only beef with them is that the one time that I did have an issue with an order, they did not respond to my emails. I ended up having to call them, but to their credit, they do seem to answer their phones promptly rather than making you wait on hold for seemingly endless minutes like some companies do. They did correct the shipping issue via the phone and all ended well in the end. One thing that you need to do is read the information about returns, shipping damage, etc. very closely since they do seem to follow their own guidelines to the letter (think Department of Motor Vehicles). Overall, I am a happy shopper and will continue to shop with Nashbar since they get in items that I can't seem to find anywhere else at their price, and they do offer "free shipping" specials and "20% off" sales fairly regularly. "

"CAVEAT EMPTOR (BUYER BEWARE)..PLEASE READ THIS. THIS IS A GREAT COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT NEED TO RETURN GOODS.

First, I've been doing business with Nashbar for over twenty years since their days here in Youngstown, OH. I've purchased several hundred dollars of bikes and accessories from their outlet store and online. I purchased a bike and received a damaged wheelset. Nashbar said it would replace either the entire bike or wheelset after I returned the damaged wheels and it would take 2-3 weeks. Not wanting to wait (for the best riding in summer to pass) I purchased another bike and shipped the damaged bike back. The refund process was less than satisfactory. WHAT A MESS. IT TOOK TWO CALLS TO GET THE REFUND PROCESS AND CORRECTLY REFUNDED. I'm a CPA and it took twenty minutes to explain to customer services what they CHARGED ME and what they CREDITED ME did not match. First, they sent me a invoice for the second bike and it didn't foot (add up)correctly. It appears their tax calculation tables are wrong. So of course, the refund was short what I had actually paid. Also, they claim that the return shipping for over-sized items is automatically calculated and refunded for shipping based on the scan of the UPS label, that too is also false. They arbitrarily refunded a flat 30 dollars based on my follow-up where I stated the return shipping was over 30 dollars. Three calls later and 3 weeks after the original order, I finally got the refund corrected. By the way, they drag their feet on refunds. My credit card still has not been credited. Shipped the damaged bike and they received the next day (I live 20 minutes from their distribution center). Took a week to seen anything from them, let alone a credit to my card. I order online quite a bit from all types of vendors. My expectations from a large company like Nashbar is no different that that of other stores that promptly and accurately handle purchases and returns. Buyer beware on returns. This is the second time they shorted me on a refund in two years, hence incensing me to write this review.

modified review This review was modified by mmuha on July 31 2012 06:51:33 AM

"Have ordered parts from them from time to time.
Problems started when I had to send a defective part back. I called them 3 times requesting a credit applied to my credit card (as they advertized) and in the end (5 days later) I receive their eGift card instead. (No shipping charge refunded either though the part was defective and I paid for return shipping myself).

"I'm surprised by the number of bad ratings. Perhaps I've dodged bullets? Anyway, I'm leaving feedback my own recent experience which was positive. No delays in shipping my order. I got exactly what I ordered intact and in good shape. Received my stuff 5 days after I ordered. Can't complain at all. I don't often order from nashabr, but I've yet to experience a problem ever."

"Curious - I've never had a real problem with Nashbar. Sometimes shipping does take a little long. But nothing earth shattering. I've had to return a thing or two over the past 3 years, but it was my own fault or I just didn't like the product. The customer always pays for return shipping in cases like those from practically any merchant. I did just place an order yesterday, so I'll have to see if I get any unauthorized magazine subscriptions, I guess. But I doubt it."

"I ordered for the Total:$213.59, and after few days I wrote email to find out what is status of my order, so it took more than one week to find out what is go in on, only than I wrote, that I will cancel my order after 24 hours if they will not tell me what is wrong, they told me, that there some problem to contact with my bank :) (I am buyer which buys almost everything on internet, and I never had such a problem). So when I found out the reason of problem, I gave them a time, till next day, and in the middle of this term, I asked about possibility to add one item to my oder, but they wrote "Your order will be canceled upon your request", but I asked to resolve the problem :) and if there is still a problem, to cancel it. So easier to do nothing :) By the way, they forwarded my email to International department, and customersservice wrote me, that tey answered me, what is problem, but I never receive such a email."

"I have been ordering from Nashbar since the 1980s. No more. I had the same problem with their subscribing me to Outside magazine as another reviewer here. There is no way out of it. Nashbar required you to send a written opt out at order time. That's right, a mail-in form. I figured this out after the fact. I have attempted to cancel the magazine subscription. It keeps coming. Taunting me every month. I will just have to get my credit card to issue me a new number because of the auto renewal I never agreed to. That Nashbar would throw away a 30 year relationship over a $9 magazine subscription should give you a good idea how bad this company is. I complained to Nashbar. No response."

"Nashbar.com advertised an item that had been returned to be free of defect. I purchased it and found that it indeed had a major defect. They told me I could return it for an exchange or a refund, costing me roughly 45 dollars in shipping. I was then notified that they will not exchange my order.
When they ship your package, they include a return label. The return label won't work on anything large and you have to pay for the return shipping.

"Let me say up front that, eventually, I did receive the bike I ordered. However, what a mess this seller is...

- Lost lost track of my order twice
- Changed my order
- Overcharged me (they apply sales tax to the full price and then subtract the "discount" based on that initial price; is that even legal?)
- No email confirmation of the order
- Clueless (or not empowered) customer service (talked to four reps)
- Slow shipping... took about two weeks to get something that allegedly was "in stock"

To add insult to injury, about 2 weeks after the whole ordeal, I received a boilerplate email (with empty spaces for my name and purchase reference) stating that their goal was my "complete satisfaction". Seriously?

Will NOT use again.

"Cannot cancel orders even before they ship. Ordered a bike and some items, the next day the bike is showing a backorder until Feb 2012. Called up expecting to be able to cancel everything. "

"Crummy customer service. I had a back ordered item. If you are not a member, you cannot check the status of your back ordered item. I e-mailed them three times asking about status with not a single reply. I have now been charged for two deliveries because they split the order. I purchased BN cage pedals part number NS-CGP and the bearings feel like there is sand in there. They will not rotate. I tried using them for about 30 miles to see if they would loosen up, they would not. You cannot get at the assembly very easily to loosen the fitting. The screws around the cage for the pedal are loctited on or something. They will not back out so I canotn get at the pedal bearings. I threw the pedals out. I ordered toe clips. Nowhere did it indicate or warn you needed to order $3:00 straps with the pedals. You would think they would ask if you needed straps to go with the toe clips. So if you want to buy the $3:00 straps you have to add $6:00 for delivery. I did call Customer service to ask if I couldn't have some straps added to my back order. Customer Service (Sarah) said no. So good by Bike Nashbar. I used to order from them when they were a mail orde catalog system and it was good. Not any more"

"Good prices but customer service stinks. Ordered some items on Sunday, got my confirmation number but nothing else since. It's now Tuesday so I called back in and gave the gal the order number but she couldn't find any information on the order and after confirming my address etc, she told me to call back in the after noon. In the mean time, I checked on a couple of the items I'd ordered and they were no longer available. I called back in the afternoon and got the same results ... couldn't find the order but it may be in credit (even though my credit is excellant and there was no problem with the previous orders) but the girl that handled that was not in today (only one girl in credit???). Like I said, Nashbar does have good prices but also tends to short orders I guess because they don't have enough stock to cover their advertised products. Anyway, I cancelled the order (at least I requested it be cancelled but who knows) after she said they'd ship whatever was in stodk once the order was released. I'm pay a little more if it means I'll actually get what I want. Obviously that won't happen at NB and I can understand why they don't participate at ResellerRatings.

Edit:I do need to adjust my rating up 1 star overall. I contacted customer service about 4 items I purchased in Sept and Oct and was told I could return them. I was hesitant about putting all 4 in the same box but I did along with the receipts and used their label. I was tlod that the refund of about $200 would go back to my card(s) used for payment. I was surprised that a couple of weeks later, I received full credit on the 3 cards I had used (minus the cost of the shipping label). I have another shirt that is too small that I'll be returning and hopefully, I'll have the same luck.

Bike Nashbar is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bike Nashbar is not a merchant member
Bike Nashbar does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!