Stores > Bike Nashbar
  • Bike Nashbar

Voice your opinion! Review Bike Nashbar by clicking a star below.
2017-09-08

They stole my money!

"I ordered a rigid fork which took 6 months to finally get. Nashbar then charged me 3x for the fork. When I called about the extra charges they said okay and that the money would be sent back to my card...its been weeks now and no money was put back on my card. After speaking with 5 different people with each one giving me a different answer and each one giving me a different day that my money would be back on my card. The last person I talked to then said, no money was ever put back on my card...i have to send them my bank statement!!! Never never again will I order from nashbar. Buyer Beware!!!

2017-07-26

Lousy Customer service, inattention to detail

"I returned a gift to Nashbar, and per their procedures I requested a gift card be sent in exchange. Instead, negligent Nashbar employees refunded it to the original card. When I contacted them requesting they fix this, and send me the card since it was their fault, they did nothing, a refused to acknowledge their mistake.

Buyer beware.

2017-07-24

Waiting forever.

"Ordered a bike from Nashbar on July 12th and paid for expedited 2 day shipping, but 6 business days later it finally showed up. I opened the box and it was missing an entire box of parts. No disc brakes, no handlebar stem, no pedals, etc. called and asked them to refund the expedited shipping I paid since it was over the time and they would only refund half of the shipping cost. Also asked them to expedite or overnight the parts since it was their fault that they forgot to put it in the box. They said they would, but ups tracking shows they shipped it ground so I have now waited 12 days since I ordered a bike with 2 days shipping that I paid extra for. No one was helpful in the slightest and I missed a big ride that I had planned with friends even though I ordered the bike with plenty of time to get here. "

2017-06-09

Poor business practices

"Offered an item for sale after I placed my order they changed the price online and refused to fill my order. Offering multiple excuses listed on accident. No longer carrying item. The item was a bike rack that is new to the market and they carry every other rack offered by this manufacturer. The item continued to be listed at the higher price as in stock."

2017-06-01

very good

"that so good and i like it"

2016-12-11

Better service elsewhere, manipulated reviews on their site

"2 stars because their sales are sometimes good, -3 for dishonesty and customer service. I've generally had decent service from them. Based on my experience with orders and shipment. One product I ordered from them wasn't up to spec, and when I called customer care though I'll admit my request might be a bit too much for some.. for expensive bike parts it should still have been accommodated to. So I left a review of their product on their website and my experience with customer service. But...GUESS WHAT! THEY DELETED MY REVIEW. so next time you buy from them, make sure you find some reviews outside of their site. They clearly manipulate reviews for their product listings."

boogergreenglen's Avatar

Los Angeles, Ca
2016-10-13

Ordered items, came as described!

"I signed up their mailing list, saw a promotion for additional 25% off on select items. I ordered some cleaning brushes, co2, chain cleaners and tire levers and received items all new as described. Dont have any complaints. Ill order from them again."

2015-08-21

"Bought my wife a Women's Nashbar AT 2 mountain bike off of Amazon, fulfilled by nashbar. Then noticed the bikenashbar.com site had 20% off on the same bike. They helped me get a refund of the 20% issued by Amazon. Fast shipping, well packed. And I think the bike is a great value. Customer service was great. This was a five star transaction for me.
I liked their service and the bike so well I bought a second bike for myself. I recommend buying directly off the bikenashbar.com website and watching for one of their frequent sales.

2015-08-03

"I had heard really good things about Nashbar, but found their customer service very lacking. I live in a rural area and ship to a shipping company/outlet. I have not had any problems with Amazon or any other larger retailers, but Nashbar suddenly cancelled my order the day before it was set to arrive (!) and told me they won't ship to "ups stores, mail holding facilities, mail box plus address, warehouses, shipping or freight forwarding companies." They are not willing to work something out, which is too bad, as I've already booked the time off work to go pick up my purchase. I will buy from someone else. As an aside, please note that their prices vary very widely with sales and you should definitely watch for a while before committing to a purchase. If you ship to anywhere other than a single-family residential address, then buyer beware!"

2015-05-18

"unaccomidating the price dropped on an garmin computer (the promotion said no garmin) but went all the way to checkout and the discount applied. Spoke to them on the phone and they said my only option was to buy two and sent one back. What the sense in that they pay two shippings and i pay one. Weird way to run a business."

2015-05-04

"I purchased a bike from them online on 05/2015 and got a great deal. More importantly, the service was amazing. The bike shipped quickly and arrived on my doorstep right on time. Unfortunately, the bike was damaged in the course of shipping. Bike Nashbar to the rescue! I called them over the weekend and reached live customer service reps without any hold time at all. They got me the labels I needed to ship the bike back immediately, no questions asked. They told me that the would have to take receipt of the return bike first before sending out a replacement. This didn't work for me because I had an overseas trip scheduled, and when I informed them of that, they escalated to a manager and shipped my new bike right away. Replacement bike was flawless. Couldn't have gotten a name brand bike with the same components for twice the price. "

2015-04-17

"In December 2014 I purchased a wireless computer for my indoor trainer. After 16 months one of the buttons on it stopped working. I called Bike Nashbar to ask what to do since it was still under warranty. I expected to have to send it back to the manufacturer, but they told me I could return it for a refund or exchange for another computer, not necessarily the same one. I picked out a different one, returned the original one, and a week later I not only had a brand-new computer but a 10.00 credit, for what I don't know - they were the same price and I was supposed to be charged shipping going back for using the original return label. You can't ask for better customer service than this, any other place would have told me to deal with the manufacturer."

2015-04-09

"Nashbar has great prices and a good customer return policy (My wife tried about 10 sizes/styles of bike shorts and kept 3). Their inventory is what they get (mostly clearance) but if they have what you want, you can't do better."

2015-04-07

"I like Nashabar. They are one of my top three online retailers for Bicycle gear.
Their website for orders does lag a bit if you call in and make a change.
They are a little slow on shipping, even when you pay extra for the expedited processing.
Their prices are usually very good.
I like some of their rebranded items, their Nashbar SPD pedals are lighter and cheaper than the Shimano's, I use them on a few of my bikes with no problems.
I've never had to return anything so I can't comment on the returns department.

2015-02-14

"Ordered a new hybrid bike at a good price. Shipped quickly and arrived un-damaged.

Only annoyance is that this weekend they are having a 20% off sale. They hype their "Forever Guarantee/Price Protection" policy which is supposed to protect against price drops for 30 days, but they refused to honor it on grounds that "discount codes" don't count. They are allowed to have whatever price match policy they want, but I find their advertising to be disingenuous since prominently advertised discount codes are one of their primary pricing tools.

Share Bike Nashbar's store rating

Bike Nashbar is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bike Nashbar is not a merchant member
Bike Nashbar does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!