• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@biggerbooks.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-888-3
    • Customer Support: 1-888-388-9909
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.BiggerBooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday throug

Product & services pricing Rating 3.86/10 3.86/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.59/10 0.59/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.47/10 0.47/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.78/10 0.78/10

"Worst book website ever. Doesn't even have books in stock and won't tell you. I have been waiting for my books for almost a month. The customer service sucks. All they do is tell you that they are looking for you books and will come. The tracking address they give you doesn't work. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. If i saw the reviews i would not have ordered off this website. "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-29-2014

“Hi Michelle,
I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. Our records indicate that your order was placed on 09/06/2014 and your order was shipped on 09/17/2014. I apologize that we experienced a delay in getting this item shipped out to you. According to UPS tracking number 1Z4E0R320314142941 your package was delivered 09/19/2014. I have applied $20.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account and we hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Biggerbooks.com”

"I have never felt so angry over buying a textbook. I ordered a textbook an entire MONTH ago. BiggerBooks said that the book was in stock, and as soon as I placed the order, it was suddenly "no longer available". I tried multiple times to cancel my order and it has been so long that I don't even need the book anymore. My card has also already been charged and I have never struggled so much to not just cancel my order, but get my money back for a book I don't think I will ever get..."

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-17-2014

“Good morning,
I am sorry to hear that you are having a difficult experience. We are experiencing extremely high call and email volumes this time of year and we are working hard to respond to our customers’ inquiry as quickly as possible. I apologize that we have not processed your cancellation request sooner. I have cancelled your order and a full refund is being processed. We ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be processed.
Biggerbooks.com”

"Ordered a paperback workbook for my son on 9/3. It had not arrived by 9/11 so I contacted the company (twice) via the website. Late on 9/12 I received an email saying:
"Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed." and they would keep trying till 9/14 - I have never seen this type of message before. No word from anyone at the company yet.
The book showed up on 9/12 but was bent and damaged inside the soft package. At this late date, my son will use the book but I will never order from this company again - there are SO many other companies to order from that ship the NEXT DAY (even with free shipping) and promptly answer their email! I did not pay accelerated shipping (their shipping is expensive) but I never do and have no problem with other sites.

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-15-2014

“Good afternoon,
I am sorry to that you had a difficult experience. As stated on our website, “Breakthrough Bible, Old Testament Activity Booklet” has a processing time frame of usually ships in 3-5 business days. I am very sorry to hear that you received the book in that condition. I have applied $20.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account for the inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. We are experiencing extremely high email volume this time of year and we are responding to our customer’s emails as quickly as possible.
Biggerbooks.com”

"Just avoid this headache, and look elsewhere. I tried to purchase a book with two day shipping, little did I know they didn't even have the book and waited a week to tell me this. In the meanwhile, I sent them several emails spaced out two days apart, because that was the maximum waiting time to receive a message from them,to cancel my order. It took to long, so I no longer needed the book, and I wanted to avoid having to reship it. So, i get the book today, and it is saying there is a restocking fee to return it! I gave them plenty enough time to cancel my order, to avoid all of this. I am just frustrated, and wished that I never bought the book from this place."

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-12-2014

“Good evening Joel,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. We are experiencing extremely high call and email volumes this time of year and we are working hard to respond to our customers’ inquiry as quickly as possible. I apologize that we were unable to cancel your order before the book had shipped. Your account has been set up to receive a full refund on the return of the book once it has been checked in. I have applied $20.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Biggerbooks.com”

"Very disatisified with biggerBooks. I ordered a book that they said was in stock. One week later I get an email saying it is backordered. That is an unacceptable lag time for notification. Two weeks later, no book. I sent an email to cancel the order and their email address was undeliverable. When I called today they said it shopped today so can't cancel it. I did not receive an email saying it was shipped. What a coincidence. It shipped on the day I requested refund. Order still says backordered. They charged my credit card at the time of order even though they didn't ship the book. I will never order from them again."

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-12-2014

“Good afternoon,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. I am very sorry that we experienced a delay on “¡Así se dice!, Level 2 Student Edition” we worked with our vendor to get this item shipped to you as quickly as possible. Our records indicate that your order was shipped from our warehouse on 09/11/2014 and 92419901296026581129302627 is the United States Postal Service tracking number for your order. If you no longer need this item, I have set up your account to receive a full refund on the return of the book. I have also applied $20.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account.
Biggerbooks”

"This was the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service I have EVER received. After ordering my book and paying for 2 day shipping, I got an email 3 days later that said my book was out of stock and didn't' know when it would be in. I then TRIED to cancel my order. I have called their customer service 6 times over the last 2 weeks and have waited on hold to talk to someone for at LEAST 30 minutes each time. They have told me they credited my account when they actually haven't, they have credited my account for the wrong amount, and this has been a NIGHTMARE. NEVER ORDER FROM BIGGERBOOKS! I would give them zero stars if i could!! "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-10-2014

“Good evening,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. We are experiencing extremely high call and email volumes this time of year and we are working hard to respond to our customers’ inquiry as quickly as possible. Our records indicate that you spoke with a representative yesterday (09/09/2014) who processed a refund for the remaining $27.94, we ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged. I have also applied $30.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account and we hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Biggerbooks.com”

"We ordered a book almost a month ago. The money was taken out immediately but we still have not received the book. I have tried calling numerous times waiting on hold for up to an hour. I have left a message multiple times and still have not received a call back. I have sent multiple emails with no reply. I want this order cancelled and the amount refunded to my card. This is horrible customer service. Clearly you need to hire more people."

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-05-2014

“Hi Chris,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. This is our busiest time of year and we responding to our customer’s calls and emails as quickly as possible. We are very sorry that we were experiencing a delay getting this book shipped to you and I have cancelled your order today. We ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged. I have also applied $30.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Biggerbooks.com”

"I absolutely hate this site! i will not recommend it to anyone, they are full crap! I ordered my book on 8/28/14 and it is still not here, it's causing me to miss out on assignments and I am not a happy camper about it. This site should be banned and they need to get me my book here within the next day along with my money back because I am far from satisfied. Thanks for nothing, never will I ever do business here again. If I could rate this a negative 10 stars I would.

Sincerely,
An Unhappy Student

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-04-2014

“Hi JeMiah,
I’m sorry to hear that you are having a difficult experience. Most books are shipped from our warehouse within 24- 48 hours. “Campbell Biology Concepts” has a processing timeframe of 2-3 business days. Our records indicate that your book was shipped from the publisher’s warehouse on 09/02/2014. The UPS tracking number for your order is 1Z6W418A0397051786 and according to UPS tracking your package is scheduled for delivery today 09/04/2014. I have applied $15.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Biggerbooks.com”

"I used this website for the first time last week because I was getting a good deal on a contracts textbook for law school--six days later, the book still hasn't been shipped. Customer service is apparently so busy that I'm on hold for a long time and when they finally do call back after I leave my #, it's an hour later when I'm in class. Waiting so long just to ship is simply unacceptable and I would never order from them again."

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-28-2014

“HI Natasha,
We’re sorry to hear that you had such a difficult experience. This is our busiest time of year and we are experiencing extremely high call volume. We’re sorry that you order is late. We are working with the vendor to get the order to your door as quickly as possible but we are having difficulty locating a copy of this book from our suppliers. I have upgraded your shipping to UPS standard shipping at no cost to you. If you need to cancel this order it is able to be cancelled, until the time your order has been scheduled to ship. I have also applied $10.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account and we hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.

Biggerbooks.com”

"Ordered $190.00 SPANISH Book Saturday 8/16/14 Paid Extra To Expedite Shipping Since School starts Monday 8/25/2014. Midday Thursday we still to do not have shipping Tracker to I get on Line to chat with Customer Service telling them to Cancel. (I will pay more to get it at School Bookstore ) am told book just left and will get shipping info soon. 5:40 pm Thursday We get Tracking info with ETA of Tuesday 8/26/2014. Saturday it is at UPS in my town ! Monday UPS transfers it to USPS !! Certainly was not worth paying for shipping. Not sure why it could not leave on Monday !
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-27-2014

“Hi Esther,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. Our records indicate that your order was placed on 08/16/2014. As stated on our website, “Viva!, (Student Text & Supersite Plus Code” usually ships in 3-5 business days. Your book was shipped from our warehouse on 08/21/2014 via UPS standard shipping. According to UPS tracking number 1Z29E3W5YW27193575 your book was delivered on 08/26/2014 which is within the 1-5 business day delivery timeframe for the method of shipping you selected on this order. We have processed a refund of $6.98 that you paid for shipping on this order as a courtesy to you. We ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged.

Customer service representative
Biggerbooks”

"all went well, got what I ordered in a timely fashion."

"Have yet to receive my order which was placed a month ago!"

"Warning: company website lies about books being stock, charges cc for items they dont even have. Dont buy here!

See reply from company. They are verifying that don't have the book that their site said they had and verifying they don't even know when it will ship! To say they apologize on behalf of vendor is bull. As a buyer I don't care how they get their items. It a seller or store states they have an item to sell then they better have the item! Betterbooks need to apologize for saying they had a book available to order that they don't have! Blaming a "vendor"? Its not the vendor fault that betterbooks makes claim to have iterms they dont have. On July 30th site said book in stock. Now here on Aug 11 they can't even give a date it will be sent! Ridiculous and inexcusable to deceive buyers into thinking they have items available and outright lying as to when the will ship out. They are at fault! And I don't appreciate them calling me by name on public site. I didn't give permission to do that. A measly refund on the ship cost for that one book? What $2.wow that makes it all better:[ For the trouble they have caused me they had better overnight that book!

I spent the overpriced cost to get my books shipped in two days. This was on a Wednesday July 30th. I was pleased that on Friday I got 4 of 5 books ordered. Unfortunately one the used books was beyond "used" condition. I tried to taped it back together so my daughter wouldn't be so embarrassed using the sad looking book. You would think the price of books would corelate to the condition. The cost I paid for used book was less then$10 off from the new condition book. But at least I got it. My main problem is the new English 9 book I ordered. I assumed the final book would arrive Sat since I paid for 2 day ship. Note on the site it stated this particular books shipped in 24-48hrs while the others stated 24 hrs. I assumed it was shipping from a different local. It is now Thursay, 8 days later with no word on when I will get the English book. Classes have started and my daughter is the only one without the book. Of course they charged my cc the full amount on July 31st, its now August 7th. even though no English book has been sent. I thought companies couldn't charge cc until for an item until its been shipped. I can't log into acct either to find status of order. I provided my email at time order but the site says no such email so it can't locate my acct. I has searched site for a customer service phone number or at the very least an email find out when I will the finally get the book. This is a book that cost over $100 too. I am very frustrated. When googling for a business phone number I found this and thought it was best to warn others.
Update: its even worse! I found an email and while I did get a quick reply. I am told they don't have the book in stock AND have NO IDEA when they will get it from supplier. The site did not say this when I ordered it clearly stated the item would ship in 24-48hrs! Now being 8 days later and they still don't know when they will get the item, to then in turn ship it to me?? I was clearly misled and would of not of ordered if the site was truthful. I was in an extreme hurry which is why I had to chose the high priced 2 day shipping. To know its not even on its way is devasting. Is it even legal for a company to charge a cc for item they dont have and dont know when they will get? I went to site to see if the book is showing out of stock so future buyers would know the truth. instead of saying ships in 24-48 hrs like it did when I purchased it now says 3-5 days. The company knows they dont have the book, yet is still deceiving customers by saying when it will ship when they have no idea if they will even get the book! They were not honest to me and not being honest to future buyers. I was given fraudulent information by the website but thankfully the csr told me the truth and now I am warning you. I am stuck because they already charged my cc for item they cant even tell me when they will get. I will never place an order here again knowing that they are dishonest on the website about what is in stock, tricking people into making purchases. If I could 0 stars I would have!

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-11-2014

“Good Morning Laura!

We are waiting for the arrival of Pearson Common Core Literature Grade 9, from the vendor. We do not have an exact arrival date but are working with the vendor to get a more specific time frame. Your item will be shipped as soon as this item comes into stock. We would like to apologize, on behalf of the vendor, for any inconvenience this may cause you. I have processed a refund of your expedited shipping for this item. Please allow your bank 3-5 business days to process the funds.

Thank you for your feedback!

Biggerbooks.com”

"I got the book sooner than I anticipated. Great business! Thank you "

"Order was canceled with no notification.
...
So they say inconsistencies in my billing, but I have no trouble using my credit card anywhere else and I have an excellent credit rating. I have never had orders canceled by anyone else. I say the issue is with them.

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-07-2014

“Yvonne,

I am sorry for any issues you have experienced. Your order was cancelled because of inconsistencies in the billing information. A refund was processed on 07/28. Please allow your bank 3-5 business days to process.

Have a wonderful day!

Customer Service

BiggerBooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BiggerBooks.com is a merchant member
BiggerBooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,898 merchant members.