• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@biggerbooks.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-888-3
    • Customer Support: 1-888-388-9909
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.BiggerBooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday throug

Product & services pricing Rating 3.61/10 3.61/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.95/10 0.95/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.68/10 0.68/10

"Absolutely terrible. I have tried to call and see when the order will be placed. After seeing the reviews on here I doubt it will happen. Some people have stayed on the line for 99 min?! What is this? Please ship my book."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-23-2015

“Good afternoon,

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.
Biggerbooks.com”

"I ordered a book from bigger books 4 days ago.. but I'm not complaining that its only been four days.. what I'm complaining is the fact that i use amazon to rent books as an Amazon student member with free 2 day shipping and amazing rental deals but unfortunately they didn't have y Business management book newest edition for rental. so i trusted bigger books and my mom ordered it for me to ship it to me away at school... the next day we get an email saying they value their customers and there was fraudulent activity and they canceled he card! i waited on the phone for almost 30 min and nobody answered. I also sent an email a few days ago and they still haven't answered me! As a business major the way they run their business is horrible. they need to clean house and start over and retrain everyone from the ground up on customer service and business skills. Hopefully they will respond to my tweet i sent them as well. Bigger books you have made me now have to wait longer to get a new book and I'm going to be behind almost a week on readings because of it. NOT COOL!"

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-22-2015

Biggerbooks.com”

"Please read review to the end; in my experience this is a great company.

I ordered a $220 Book and DVD bundle from the Bigger Books web site. Only to receive the 'BRAND NEW' book and DVD and have the Binding on the first 200+ pages of the book completely separated and the DVD case completely broken. Talk about a disappointment. I made a complaint VIA their on line customer service page and I also commented on their facebook page voicing my desire to get a new book that doesn't have broken binding as the book is ordered is one I will have to be using for the next 2 years. I couldn't believe I paid $220 for something that is brand new yet completely falling apart the second I remove it from the box.

That comment was left on a Friday after their weekend business hours had already passed. So, first thing Monday morning I got a facecbook response as well as email. The were very apologetic and gave me a $30 credit for their web site (AWESOME) and told me that the book was currently out of stock but more were on the way and they will UPS overnight it in no more than 2 weeks. That was today, so I haven't received my new book yet. But I have to say, I am very happy for the way they handled the situation. It is a crazy expensive book and I am glad they see the importance of it getting to me in perfect brand new condition.

I left this comment because I see how many negative comments that are being left on this site. So, if I could make a recommendation to anyone that is having trouble reaching the customer service department from the phone lines, comment on their facebook page with your order number. Like I said, I received a response first thing this morning.

If I don't receive the book as promised, I will be sure you make you all know. :)

Good luck to everyone, I know how frustrating purchasing expensive text books can be. And to Bigger Books, thanks so much for your quick response and solution to the problem.

Kaye

"Worst communication EVER! "Your call is important to us; Please remain on the line..." For 99+ minutes??? I ordered 3 college textbooks for my daughter on December 27, 2014. Two came within 2 weeks, but the $130 math book is my problem. Several days AFTER placing my order, I was notified that it was not in stock, and there was no estimated date of arrival. Since my daughter was starting school the following week, I had to order it from another source and pay a great deal for overnight shipping. Then I went to my account on the BiggerBooks.com website and cancelled that book's order following their instructions. "Email successfully sent" flashed across the screen after hitting "send." But a day or so later, I got an email that said something like "delivery delayed; DO NOT re-submit email." Then another day or so later, I got another email saying "delivery failure." So I went back to their website and filled out another form using their communication method provided -- with the same delay/failure results (using different computers). I tried to call them during their posted EST hours; they were closed. I do not know how many times I tried to make contact with this company. They never acknowledged receiving any of my emails or calls. They sent the math book. I could not cancel the order, even though I tried for several days before they sent it. I did eventually reach a woman who said she couldn't do anything until the book was delivered. It came 3 days ago and I have not been able to contact them by phone. They continue to be closed during posted business hours. If I use their system to return the book, I have to pay for return shipping and restocking. I am on hold with their company now. I've been on hold for "the next available agent" for 99 minutes+ 55 seconds.

What I want is for them to pay for return shipping and not charge me any restocking fees, since I tried repeatedly to cancel the order before it was sent. This phone and email failure and frustration has caused much more grief than the $20 restocking fee, but that's about all I can go for at this point. I'd also like to make them listen to the 1980s coffee-house-piano loop they've been subjecting me to while on hold for the last 99+ minutes.

Finally...success with reaching a person who waived the fees. Hard way to recover $20, but it's a small victory.

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-19-2015

Customer service representive
Biggerbooks.com”

"This co. advertises books 'in stock' that they don't even have, and then just keep you waiting! I purchased a book (approx total cost: $40) on 12/19/14 (note it was advertised as being 'in stock'). You pay (oh yeah, they also take your money right away, even when they don't even have the book in stock!), and they send you a confirm email (making you BELIEVE that your book is on it's way), only to then get an email SIX DAYS AFTER placing the order (and AFTER taking your money!), telling you that they can't 'locate' a copy, but will 'keep trying'.....no where is there a link to click to 'CANCEL' your order.....so I emailed them IMMEDIATELY and told them to REFUND MY MONEY IN FULL ASAP...No reply...so I had to file a dispute with my bank (but bank's take 10 Business days to do their research...which winds up to be about 3 wks of waiting due to the holiday season)....so you are still left without your money to use to try and shop elsewhere...& at Christmas time, who has the 'extra' money to lay out anyway?! Today (1/6/15 )...EIGHTEEN DAYS AFTER I PLACED ORDER, I finally get an email that they will be issuing a refund, but this email was NOT in reply to my cancellation request...which went totally ignored, but because they can't locate a copy to send, and they have chosen to give up....and then go on to say that it'll take (yet another) 3 days to process the refund! This is such a CROOKED way of doing business, basically just USING buyers' money to keep 'funding' themselves even when they have nothing to sell you!...what do they do?..earn interest off of it until it 'eventually' gets refunded back to you? If they 'were' an HONEST co., they would make sure their website was showing 'correct stock', and if there was an error, would reply to you immediately to let you know and refund your money, to at least give you a chance to find the item elsewhere. CROOKS is all I can say, & from their responses posted here to others complaints, all they do is hand out 'coupons'...anyway to get you to give them your money AGAIN! Shop ANYONE ELSE but BIGGER BOOKS...believe EVERY review you read here, or you will just be sending them a 'loan' of your hard earned money! For anyone who has been 'taken' by this co., I also suggest you file a complaint with FTC, BBB,& Dept of Consumer Affairs, for Internet fraud!..if they get enough complaints it will seriously damage (or shut down) their fraudulent business!"

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-08-2015

Biggerbooks.com”

"This is the worst book site I have ever used in my life. They mislabel their items and then when you contact them to return the item they wanted to charge me 20.00 just to restock a mislabeled item which was their fault. Not to mention they are rude the whole time you speak to them. You call and never get through and when you do they take 1 to 2 days to get through to the right person! NEVER use this site! "

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-06-2015

Biggerbooks.com”

"Was contacted by them and the issue seems to be resolved at this point. Awaiting my order to be reshipped! "

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-05-2015

Biggerbooks.com”

"Great. No problems. Did take a little longer than Amazon but still was pretty fast. "

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-23-2014

“Good afternoon!

I am glad to hear that you had a positve experience with our company. I have sent an email to the address on file with a special offer.

Biggerbooks.com”

"Buy from Biggerbooks.com at your own peril. I made the mistake of buying a textbook from them in Fall 2014 and they kept giving me a completely fake tracking number for weeks and the book never showed up. I sent them multiple emails and they never responded to any of them. I had to finally dispute the charge with my credit card company and get a refund after nearly 3 months of their fraud. STAY AWAY FROM BIGGERBOOKS.COM"

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-20-2014

Biggerbooks.com”

"Worst book website ever. Doesn't even have books in stock and won't tell you. I have been waiting for my books for almost a month. The customer service sucks. All they do is tell you that they are looking for you books and will come. The tracking address they give you doesn't work. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. If i saw the reviews i would not have ordered off this website. "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-29-2014

“Hi Michelle,
I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. Our records indicate that your order was placed on 09/06/2014 and your order was shipped on 09/17/2014. I apologize that we experienced a delay in getting this item shipped out to you. According to UPS tracking number 1Z4E0R320314142941 your package was delivered 09/19/2014. I have applied $20.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account and we hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Biggerbooks.com”

"I have never felt so angry over buying a textbook. I ordered a textbook an entire MONTH ago. BiggerBooks said that the book was in stock, and as soon as I placed the order, it was suddenly "no longer available". I tried multiple times to cancel my order and it has been so long that I don't even need the book anymore. My card has also already been charged and I have never struggled so much to not just cancel my order, but get my money back for a book I don't think I will ever get..."

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-17-2014

“Good morning,
I am sorry to hear that you are having a difficult experience. We are experiencing extremely high call and email volumes this time of year and we are working hard to respond to our customers’ inquiry as quickly as possible. I apologize that we have not processed your cancellation request sooner. I have cancelled your order and a full refund is being processed. We ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be processed.
Biggerbooks.com”

"Ordered a paperback workbook for my son on 9/3. It had not arrived by 9/11 so I contacted the company (twice) via the website. Late on 9/12 I received an email saying:
"Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed." and they would keep trying till 9/14 - I have never seen this type of message before. No word from anyone at the company yet.
The book showed up on 9/12 but was bent and damaged inside the soft package. At this late date, my son will use the book but I will never order from this company again - there are SO many other companies to order from that ship the NEXT DAY (even with free shipping) and promptly answer their email! I did not pay accelerated shipping (their shipping is expensive) but I never do and have no problem with other sites.

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-15-2014

“Good afternoon,
I am sorry to that you had a difficult experience. As stated on our website, “Breakthrough Bible, Old Testament Activity Booklet” has a processing time frame of usually ships in 3-5 business days. I am very sorry to hear that you received the book in that condition. I have applied $20.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account for the inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. We are experiencing extremely high email volume this time of year and we are responding to our customer’s emails as quickly as possible.
Biggerbooks.com”

"Just avoid this headache, and look elsewhere. I tried to purchase a book with two day shipping, little did I know they didn't even have the book and waited a week to tell me this. In the meanwhile, I sent them several emails spaced out two days apart, because that was the maximum waiting time to receive a message from them,to cancel my order. It took to long, so I no longer needed the book, and I wanted to avoid having to reship it. So, i get the book today, and it is saying there is a restocking fee to return it! I gave them plenty enough time to cancel my order, to avoid all of this. I am just frustrated, and wished that I never bought the book from this place."

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-12-2014

“Good evening Joel,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. We are experiencing extremely high call and email volumes this time of year and we are working hard to respond to our customers’ inquiry as quickly as possible. I apologize that we were unable to cancel your order before the book had shipped. Your account has been set up to receive a full refund on the return of the book once it has been checked in. I have applied $20.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Biggerbooks.com”

"Very disatisified with biggerBooks. I ordered a book that they said was in stock. One week later I get an email saying it is backordered. That is an unacceptable lag time for notification. Two weeks later, no book. I sent an email to cancel the order and their email address was undeliverable. When I called today they said it shopped today so can't cancel it. I did not receive an email saying it was shipped. What a coincidence. It shipped on the day I requested refund. Order still says backordered. They charged my credit card at the time of order even though they didn't ship the book. I will never order from them again."

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-12-2014

“Good afternoon,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. I am very sorry that we experienced a delay on “¡Así se dice!, Level 2 Student Edition” we worked with our vendor to get this item shipped to you as quickly as possible. Our records indicate that your order was shipped from our warehouse on 09/11/2014 and 92419901296026581129302627 is the United States Postal Service tracking number for your order. If you no longer need this item, I have set up your account to receive a full refund on the return of the book. I have also applied $20.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account.
Biggerbooks”

"This was the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service I have EVER received. After ordering my book and paying for 2 day shipping, I got an email 3 days later that said my book was out of stock and didn't' know when it would be in. I then TRIED to cancel my order. I have called their customer service 6 times over the last 2 weeks and have waited on hold to talk to someone for at LEAST 30 minutes each time. They have told me they credited my account when they actually haven't, they have credited my account for the wrong amount, and this has been a NIGHTMARE. NEVER ORDER FROM BIGGERBOOKS! I would give them zero stars if i could!! "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-10-2014

“Good evening,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. We are experiencing extremely high call and email volumes this time of year and we are working hard to respond to our customers’ inquiry as quickly as possible. Our records indicate that you spoke with a representative yesterday (09/09/2014) who processed a refund for the remaining $27.94, we ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged. I have also applied $30.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account and we hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.

BiggerBooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BiggerBooks.com is a merchant member
BiggerBooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,896 merchant members.