Stores > BigCameraDeals (also: deltacamera.com, AllstateElectronics.com)
  • BigCameraDeals

Voice your opinion! Review BigCameraDeals (also: deltacamera.com, AllstateElectronics.com) by clicking a star below.
2010-01-05

"DO NOT ORDER FROM DELTACAMERA.COM! I placed an order for a Canon camera on December 29, 2009. I called Delta Camera to confirm my order as I was instructed to do. The guy who answered the phone tried to sell me a very expensive memory card and some very expensive batteries. After declining his offers, he was very rude and told me my camera probably won't work for very long. I went ahead with the camera only order. My order was "in processing" for 1 week. I called them exactly 7 days after placing my order and they said that the camera was on backorder and they didn't know how long it would be until they would be able to ship it to me. I went on this website to look at their ratings (should have done this to begin with) and read all of the negative postings that were all the same story as mine. I cancelled my order (go into My Account/Order Status; Change quantities/Cancel Order; enter 0 in the number of items ordered; this will cancel your order) and then called Delta Camera to verify that my order was cancelled. How frustrating!! I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM DELTACAMERA.COM AGAIN!

I did go to B & H Photo and Video on-line and placed a new order for the same exact camera. Paid a little more, but with free shipping, I will have it in my hands in 4 days. Not too bad!

2009-12-12

"Ordered camera (PANASONIC F35) for great price but then found that the order is "in processing" and back ordered. Web site showed camera at higher price, and by phone, was confirmed as being in stock, available, and ready to be shipped, but I needed to buy a battery for it at $100 extra. Also told camera was bare bones with nothing with it at all, not even a strap. All extra!
I informed the sales person that Panasonic sold their cameras complete and he informed me I did not know what I was talking about as he worked "there" (Delta I presume)and you had to buy everything extra! All cameras were that way!
Try to cancel on line. Once Delta puts your order as "being processed" it locks you out from any changes including cancelling.
Also read their terms of doing business. You are liable to a law suit if you even critisize them!!!
Companies like this need to be "put out of business" as their business model seems to be "who can we scam next?"
Monday I'll have to change my credit card for sure!

2009-12-04

"I did not receive what I ordered and I was over charged.

They also told me they use "overseas" merchandise which I would conclude as Black market to sell cheaper it does not say that anywhere. I also received and open box with no packaging material just a box with all the items floating around and then they tried to say the items in the box are extra.
There webs site states
All merchandise purchased from Delta Camera is sold in its original factory packaging, with all contents as supplied to us by the manufacturer/ distributor.
Which would include the battery and charger that they charged me extra for.

I would never do business with them again I should have checked about the site before doing business.

2009-12-03

"Ordered a camera from Deltacamera.com on Nov. 4th, have not received the camera as it is "backordered" even though the website availability states usually ships in 24-48 hrs. I emailed them and gave them three business days to reply, which they did not. I called today and was told that the item was still backordered and would probably not come in for another three to four weeks! I cancelled the order as I really wanted the camera in time for Christmas. The gentleman was civil but short with me. The price I was to get for the item was phenomenal, but the runaround you get from this place is not worth it. Order from somewhere you know is reliable. "

2009-11-29

"...Been waiting 26 days now for the order to arrive..web page said shipping within 2 days. From reading these posts, looks like I got scammed. Legal action should be taken against them now"

2009-11-19

"BEWARE! I should have trusted my instinct and hung the phone up when Dave was so rude while I tried to place my order. Instead, I let a cheap price cloud my vision. I asked 2-times if this Sony Camera was in stock, and both times the person said yes. Now I find its on back order. I believe because I didn't buy any of their high priced options, they don't want to sell me the camera only. Nightmare, Nightmare, Nightmare. The savings wouldn't be worth the aggravation even if the camera ever did show up. I would never buy from this company again, and from now on I will reseach the company first.
At 55 I should have known better.
Stay Away from these people. Hopefully, my credit card information isn't through-out Afghanistan by now.

2009-10-30

"Delta camera is one of the worst stores I have ever worked with. I place an ordered for a Olympus camera and then they charge for a battery that should have come with the camera. They sent me two batteries and both were the wrong ones. I had to go to another store to buy a battery. When I called them the customer service manger was very rude to me and did not want to help me. They would not put me through to the owner. I then talked to the secretary and he did not give much help. I still have not received the battery they said they would send. I have told my friends not to buy anything from delta camera. I have filled a complaint with the BBB. I will never use this store again."

2009-09-30

"I placed my order from this company 9/22/2009 and received a confirmation email that said I had to call the company to confirm my order. I was on hold for 1 hr before I hung up, I tried again and it took me 30 minutes before I hung up. The next time I called, I just went straight through sales and the representative told me he needed my 3 digit security code which was already given in the initial purchase. He said I would get a confirmation email again when the order shipped. It's been over a week since the initial order and nothing has happened. I read the rest of the reviews and decided to cancel my order. When I called, I asked the rep why my order had not shipped yet. He said it was on backorder, which seems to be a consistent story for them. I told him I wanted to cancel and told him that everyone had told me different things on the phone. He proceeded to get angry on the phone and said that my order was cancelled and hung up on me....

Don't order from deltacamera.com. I wish I had thought to read reviews prior to ordering from them but at least now I'm aware of sketchy sellers online.

2009-08-07

"Same story as below...I placed an order with DeltaCamera.com. I didn't order a photo card or anything except camera. On the confirmation call I was told, "you can't take pictures without a photo card". At 4 times the cost of photo cards at local stores, I replied, "no thanks, I can buy that locally." Then I was told "the batteries that ship with the camera will explode and mess up your camera. And they'll only last 15 minutes." I replied, "I already have rechargeable batteries. I only need but the camera." On August 4th, I called when my status still said "processing" on their website. Was told the camera was on backorder for a "few" weeks. On August 6th, I had a friend call and inquire about the same camera. It is in stock and she could have it in 5-8 days. I called back...surprise, surprise..."the camera is on backorder for a few weeks." When I explained about my friend calling, the story immediately changed to "you ordered with a Visa and our Visa terminal is down. It'll be a week before it's fixed." I then spoke to a "manager" (another scammer) and was told the camera in stock was the "retail version" (price over $100 more than advertised on the website) and the camera on the website was the "wholesale version". I asked other than the price, what was the difference. "The retail version comes with a cable and an English Owners Manual. The wholesale version (website) has a Chinese Owners Manual." I asked why the website didn't specify this. He said, "I don't have to say that on my website. You pay for what you get." I cancelled my order. I called Canon to report this dealer. They are not an authorized Canon dealer so there's nothing Canon can do about them. I was also told that if I had ever received the chinese version of the camera, the warranty wouldn't have been honored in the US. I then cancelled my credit card. These people are scum. It is apparent from further research that these people simply change the name of their company when their current name gets a bad reputation. I wish I had found ResellerRatings.com before I ordered from these low-lifes as all reviews sound the same. "

2009-08-06

""CustomerID# 2337 Thank you for shopping at DeltaCamera.com. Please call Us at 1-877-283-7747 as soon as possible to confirm you order. Your order number is 4179, placed 8/3/2009 at 5:13PM."
THIS ORDER WAS CANCELLED BY ME ON 8/6/09 WITH CANCELLATION #MUR4179 WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT A CAMERA LISTED AS "USUALLY SHIPS WITHIN 24 TO 48 HOURS" WAS BACKORDERED 3 WEEKS. THEY HAD THE SAME APPROACH AS THE OTHER REVIEWS AND I WILL HAVE TO WATCH MY CREDIT CARD CHARGES CLOSELY.

This review was modified by gztracker on August 06 2009 10:50:09 AM

2009-07-15

"beware of DeltaCamera.com. Higly unprofessional company. Very rude company. I ordered 2 Nikon Coolpix L100 camera from them through their website. The price they had quoted was $179. I wanted to gift them to my siter in NJ and father who is visting from India. My Order number was 2810 for a total of $369.91.
The next day I get a call from them to check where I wanted these camera's to be deliverd. I told them to ship it to my sister's place in NJ. I live in NY. The guy then starts to sell me batteries for the Camera, stating that the camera does not come with batteries and there are specially designed batteries for the Camera. I told this guy that let me think I'll call back.

I was recommeded this Camera by one of my friend who recently bought it from Buy.com. I called this friend of mine to enquire if he paid extra for the Batteries, which obviously was not the case.

So I call DeltaCamera.com and tell them just to deliver the camerera's. Now they come with another story that my order is in back order and that I would get the camera in 3-4 weeks time. I confronted them stating that they had written on the web that the camera ships in 24-48 hrs. the sales rep just started arguing with me without any rime of reason. When i told them that cancel my order and I'll write a review on their company and how they misrepresent themselves, then comes their supervisor, who comes with another story that they a person can order only 1 camera and that too they can deliver in NY where the billing address of the card is. Which is all a balony. They didnt have the camera or they had the camera but did not want to sell it without cheating the customer into buying batteries for $50/-.
I would like all the customer's to be careful of these fraud companies like Deltacamera.com. I learnt a lesson that, it's better to pay $20-30 more, but one should buy from a reputable company.

PLEASE PLEASE BEWARE OF DELTACAMERA.COM.

2009-07-07

"Same story as all the others here. Ordered Canon PowerShot from deltacamera.com, then got a call telling me I really needed a $120 battery... when I refused, battery price was knocked all the way down to $40, free case and 2GB SD card offered, "take it or leave it". I said "leave it" and they said threatened to charge a 25% restocking fee. I have now put my credit card on hold."

2009-07-02

"OMG! STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS! MAJOR RIPOFF! I WAS FORCED TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD SO I WOULDN'T BE CHARGED!

THIS IS THE EMAIL THEY SEND:

"Thank you for shopping at DeltaCamera.com. Please call Us at 1-877-283-7747 as soon as possible to confirm you order. Your order number is 2369, placed 7/2/2009 at 12:07PM."

When you call back to "confirm" they try every scam in the book! When you try to cancel they just hang up!

2009-03-01

"Offered a Garmin Nuvi 760 as new. When I received it it was rebuilt. And of course it is starting to fail again. They also promised a screen protector which did not come with the unit."

This review was modified by jaaayteeeee on March 01 2009 04:56:05 AM

2009-02-25

"I ordered the Camera then got this response:

URGENT,For Security Purposes, In order to process your order please call 1800-598-3211 or 1888-598-3211 to confirm your order. Please note that your order will appear on your credit card statement as wholesale genius. Thank you for your order.

When I called they tried to sell me extra battery and SD card for hundreds, then when I said no they said the screen language was in Japanese (even though it was advertised as US model) and if I paid extra they would give me the US version. When I cancelled my order he just hung up!!! So I cancelled my CC immediately. When can something be done about fraud of this kind. STAY AWAY!

This review was modified by kcuf on February 25 2009 02:28:13 PM

Share BigCameraDeals (also: deltacamera.com, AllstateElectronics.com)'s store rating

BigCameraDeals (also: deltacamera.com, AllstateElectronics.com) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BigCameraDeals (also: deltacamera.com, AllstateElectronics.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!