Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.17/10 2.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.58/10 2.58/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.85/10 1.85/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
Voice your opinion! Review Best Buy by clicking a star below.
2017-05-25

Poor customer service & damaged items

"Ordered appliances from Best buy & arranged for delivery. My wife took off work to be there for delivery. On the morning of the scheduled delivery, we got a call that they couldn't deliver that day. After nearly an hour on several different phone calls, they agreed to deliver as scheduled.

However, 2 of the 4 came damaged. We were originally told it would take another 2-3 weeks to get different ones. After several phone calls they agreed to ship replacements out of another store in a few days. Those came as scheduled & were fine.

Ironically, the same delivery guys showed up 2 weeks later with another replacement stove. They were confused when we said we already had the stove & didn't need this one. They suggested we make some more phone calls to straighten it out.

2017-05-24

Consumer Alert!

"Consumer Alert! No body should buy anything from Best Buy. Best Buy (BB) hired this company, The Retail Equation (TRE) that is sham for US Consumers. This company will see some serious lawsuits in very near future. I bought indoor/outdoor Cameras and no one at store told me that there will be lag of one minute. Another purchase that was laptop crashed in few days from purchase that was even exchanged by Best Buy Geek Squad and they verified that Laptop was having some factory issues. All these points, that was none of my fault, have valid receipts at return, these points were used against me and I have denial to return any item in future. Which implies that even if it is not consumer fault, it is clearly Best Buy’s fault, Consumer will be given a warning for no reason that “Future returns may be declined”. This must stop. I humbly request ever US customer out there to stop buying any product from Best Buy. "

2017-05-20

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERvice!!! Buyer Beware!!!

"I took a day off of work to wait for a washer/dryer to be delivered and installed. I was given a 4 hour window of 12:00 - 4:00. I told the sales person and the dispatcher that installation had to be complete no later than 5pm (condo association rules). The driver was to call 30 minutes prior to arrival. At 3:30 I had not heard from anyone. After countless phone calls and several different customer service reps (if you can call them that) I got absolutely nowhere and no one seemed to care. At 5:11pm I received a call from the drive who told me he'd be at my place in 30 minutes. Nearly 2 hours after my scheduled time slot. No one bothered to tell the drive that he needed to arrive well before 5 pm. Then I spent nearly two hours on the phone with Best Buy trying to get reschedule. I was told I would have to wait three more days and take another day off of work. The next day I tried to reach the manager at the Best Buy that I purchased from. The store opened at 10:00 am and it took approx 15 phone calls and a half hour before someone actually answered the phone!!!!!
I CANCELLED THE ORDER AND ORDERED FROM ABT!!!!!

2017-05-11

Don't buy a washer/Dryer from Best Buy

"I bought a stackable washer and dryer from Best Buy and after 2 install attempts they were still unable to complete the install as the installer did not have the screws for the stacking kit. I ended up calling their dispatcher 6 times and was never able to get a follow-up trip scheduled. I went to the store and the Store Manager was too busy to see me for 2 hours. I returned everything and am still fighting over the credit. They honestly don't care about service. "

2017-05-08

Poor customer experience

"I purchased a $1400 TV at the end of 2015. One of the selling points was the %10 back in best buy cash (or certificate). I realized in July that I had never received anything in email as I had been told, so I called and they were able to issue the credit and told just to use my member ID at time of purchase and I would get the credit. I thought the credit would stay with my account. I was never told that it would expire after 2 months. Now Ive been told that they cant give me tbe credit because it was "re-issued" once already. There are alot of places I can buy my electronics, but best buy will not be one them going forward. They sold a tv and im penalized for not using the credit fast enough, yet was never told of any expiration."

2017-05-03

Avoid Springfield, VA Best Buy if possible

"Avoid the Springfield, VA Best Buy if at all possible. I went to Best Buy to purchase a new set of head phones. I picked out a pair of Bose bluetooth headphones. When I went to check out, I noticed that the same headphones were less expensive somewhere else. I showed the clerk the website and inquired as to Best Buys price matching, requesting it. He asked his manager (Chris) who quickly replied that they do not price match on Bose products...mind you that he didn't even have the decency to talk to the customer directly but relayed this through the clerk. When the clerk (very polite...he should be the manager) explained what Chris, or should I say callous, had said, we showed him the price matching guarantee on Best Buys website that included Bose products. The clerk again went back to the manager, who stated that they couldn't do price matching from an unrecognized website. Again, the manager relayed this message through the clerk, we asked the clerk to speak with the manager. Through much back and forth, the manager finally came over, and stated the previous. When we questioned him as to where the policy was stated regarding not honoring certain websites, he became rude and indignant. The real issue is that Chris, couldn't decide why he wouldn't honor the price matching, was it the product, Bose? or the website? We ended up paying full price (the price matching would have dropped the cost by $40, and with Bose products, that's not a lot) and vowing to not purchase anything from that Best Buy and quite possibly Best Buys in general. I am truly disappointed in Best Buy, or at least their management. I don't expect a hand out (which Chris made me feel that way), but I do expect them to honor what they publicize. I request the following: 1. Please change your advertisement on your website if you are not going to honor it, the consumer has an expectation that you will; 2. Recommend that the manager at the Springfield, VA Best Buy be provided remedial training in customer service and how to deal with people (human relations 101). Customers aren't always right, but they should be treated with COURTESY AND RESPECT. If #2 cannot be accomplished, recommend Chris be reassigned to a position where he has limited interaction with the customer.
Chris represents Best Buy and I just hope that his actions were an anomaly and that he normally doesn't act in this manner, as well as his actions do not exhibit accepted behavior by Best Buy. Further, he set a very poor example for his subordinates, as they were present and bore witness. If you have any questions or need more clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me. Even though I was treated poorly, I am committed to making it right and a pleasant experience for future consumers of Best Buy.

2017-04-26

Customer service

"Went to the BestBuy store and fellow at front door wouldn't ask if I needed anything or direct me in the store. I had to ask for help in locating security cameras. He was too busy reading a circular I guess. He told me to look on the back wall. I was unable to located the items or a sales clerk. Only seemed like a few sales clerks and they were busy. Went back to the individual at the front door who by that time was talking to a young girl I guess he was trying to impress. Don't know if it was a friend of his or just a young lady he was joking with. Couldn't wait for a long time so left. Went to a different store where service was extremely much better."

2017-04-22

Customer Service

"I ordered an appliance four weeks prior to when it was to be delivered & installed. The sales person checked the inventory to make sure it would be there.Three days before scheduled install, they sent me a e-mail stating everything was a go. The afternoon before istall, they called to tell me they didn't have it and I would have to wait three more weeks for it to be available. On two other appliances, they gave me a window (4 Hr) for delivery and install. They didn't show. After much discussion with a Geek squad supervisor, they gave a new time for items to be installed. This time, they showed up but when testing the dishwasher water went everywhere.
I would not recommend using the delivery and installation feature of Best Buy.

2017-04-21

Unprofessional delivery and customer service

"Galaxy s8 phone was advertised to arrive on 4/21/2017. I made 4 phone calls to Best Buy in the last 3 days, wondering why I hadn't gotten an email with shipping information.
Was assured in first 2 phone calls that phone would arrive on 4/21. Charlotte said she would be "my new best friend" and that phone was being processed in a store in Winston-Salem, NC, and should arrive on 4/21. Since I live in Louisiana that location didn't make much sense, but does Best Buy make sense?
Then late on 4/20 I got tracking information that showed the phone was coming by UPS ground from 780 miles away? Two more phone calls inquiring whether I should stay home on 4/21 to sign for the phone (required to prove it got here). Supervisor Chandler said "it might arrive 4/21". He also said that Best Buy's contract with UPS doesn't permit overnight air shipments, only one day, which with processing will never be the "next" day. He was also unwilling to make any other adjustments, such as have me pick up a phone at my local Best Buy store, stating that once a shipment is made there is nothing Best Buy can do. I had heard that from Best Buy in the past and should have been smart enough not to order online from them again.
So long story short, I stayed home today (4/21). Looking up the UPS tracking info, my phone left Charlotte, NC at 9 AM this morning.
So I get to stay home again on Monday (4/24) to sign for a phone.
Obviously Best Buy doesn't care that it cost me 2 days of my life, only that they follow their own unbending procedures.
So moral of the story for me is that I should have scheduled this phone for pickup in my local store, and don't trust Best Buy.com for an order delivery time.

2017-04-20

Technology "experts" who are NOT

"The Store Locator service has been ineffective and needlessly time-consuming for a long time, but the straw for me today (April 20, 2017) was an email notification (sent at 12:51 PM) that the item I ordered online was "Ready to Pick Up", and "Exciting news, William. It's time to pick up your order".
Exciting? But wait! There's more! It is NOT ready. "AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP FRI 04/21" (tomorrow). I phoned the store and went through the automated answering procedure until I was given an option to check order status. I tried that. NO! The machine couldn't find my order. So I waited until the machine gave me a human. She told me the system didn't really mean it was ready to pick up, only that the system was contemplating releasing it. (joke) Actually, she said that no orders would be released until tomorrow, the 21st, and other people had phoned the store to make the same inquiry - 'Is my order ready for pick up or not?' The last people I would call to my house for computer assistance, or any technical assistance, or allow to work on any equipment of mine in the store, is the Geek Squad. If they are half as dumb as their web master and their inventory control nitwit, they are dangerous.

2017-04-15

Unprofessional

"I went to buy a car stereo and had to wait for someone to help, only to settle for someone who admittedly knew nothing about the products. I can read from a box! Then, at the installation, I was told of features that weren't available and extra costs. Add to this a condescending attitude from the service desk and I can't say that it was a good experience. The problem with having kids run a store is that they know nothing about customer service."

2017-04-12

Horrible phone service

"I had the worst experience on the phone wanted a question answered and was transfered 4 times and on hold for over 10 min. It is a horrible process to even get a live person on the phone"

2017-04-05

Dead mouse, never recievd one that worked :-(

"Worst people to deal with EVER. Had a 3 year warranty had nothing but problems trying to replace a broken mouse for my iMac. Weeks later I still have no mouse! They said would ship 2 different times. Wheres my mouse Best buy???? DO NOT Deal with Bestbuy go someplace else. A waste of $254. of a warranty that I never used! They do not know what they are doing!"

2017-04-05

"I ordered a tablet online and when I received it the box was ripped open and the tablet was removed and the shipping box was taped back up. I immediately called Best Buy to tell them and the rep had no issue ordering a new one for me and I asked to have it shipped to the nearest store instead so I could open it in front of an employee, she sent it via one day shipping. The next day I received a confirmation email saying it had been delivered and signed for by Best Buy. I went to the store and the associate told me because I hadn't received a "ready for pick up" email it wasn't ready and I should have it tomorrow. I called the store the next day (Friday) and he told me to keep waiting for that email and that it could take a few more days. I called the 800 number and the guy confirmed it was received by the store but apparently not processed through their system yet, when I asked for a timeframe it said it was the stores discretion. I called this morning (Wednesday) and the rep told me the first rep sent it incorrectly and her supervisor denied a second REorder and they need to complete an investigation before I can be refunded (up to 48 hours). I don't understand why the store wouldn't have it if it was delivered to the stores address and signed for by an employee?? I've never had this much trouble ordering something online and I don't plan on ordering from Best Buy again. "

2017-03-27

Worst customer service ever

"Bought a new refrigerator was supposed to be delivered 2 weeks after we purchased it. Delivery guy called 4 times to say they were running late and the 5th call said it wasn't on the truck and we would have to reschedule. Called store we purchased from and they said they couldn't reschedule it for us because it showed it was in transit and they would have someone from corporate call to reschedule. Lady from corporate called and left a message saying she would call back with a date for delivery in about an hour. Needless to say she never called back, we called 3 times and she was never "available' to talk to us. Finally called corporate headquarters and had them cancel everything and refund our money. We will never shop at Best Buy again!! "

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!