• Best Buy

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.29/10 1.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.65/10 0.65/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.51/10 0.51/10

2015-08-02

"So for the first time in I don't know how many years I went to Best Buy to actually buy something. Normally, like normal people, I shop online as the markup in retail is insane! I figured I heard about Best Buy's "price match guarantee" and with a broken Mac charger I would rather not wait 2 days to get my Amazon order.
So I read their terms online regarding price match and went into the store. The people in there were as dumb as rocks when it came to policy. At first the people at the service desk had to call a manager to ask if that particular store honors price match. Then they had to call again to see if they price match Apple products. At this point I knew I made a mistake giving Best Buy another shot at my business and it quickly got worse from there.
For the next 20 minutes I argued with a 60 year old lady as we looked through dozens of chargers online. The retail price in Best Buy was $80 for a charger and was on newegg and amazon for $15-$25. The employee however saw that "the pictures online do not look the same as on the box." I tried to point out that the pictures are of different angles and the only thing that matters is the model number in the product description. There was one available online for about $50 but she refused to honor the price match on the cheaper items though because the pictures online were not exactly the same as on the box.
Finally I got fed up and just got the $15 charger off Amazon, same model and much less than the $80 Best Buy charged. The entire point of price match is to not lose business to the online retailers, so if you are not actually going to honor the lowest price then DON'T ADVERTISE IT! Thank you Best Buy for reminding me why I stopped buying from you in the first place. "

This review was modified by jesse2589 on August 02 2015 03:15:10 PM

2015-08-01

"Do not purchase from this store. If you do, especially do not buy the extended warranty. I purchased and item, bought the extended warranty, and even had the sales manager write down the terms and conditions and the item broke a year later, which is no big deal because things do break. I went back to this store to have this taken care of under the warranty they sold me and they checked-in my item, let it set there for weeks then called me and said they couldn't fix it and all they could do was offer me a "small portion" of what I paid back, but that amount would be depreciated, which means I would have ended up with not even a quarter of I was supposed to put towards a new items. They said they would not replace it even though the literature and brochure says if it can't be fixed, it will be replaced. They said they would not replace it with a comparable item and said the information they gave me originally was wrong. They told me they couldn't adjust the price of the new item because it would negatively impact their sales numbers when competing with other stores and they refused to do anything. I even provided the original warranty brochure that said if the item can't be fixed, it would be replaced with a comparable item and the manager said their literature was wrong and misstated it and they are not responsible for their own typos and mistakes and that's too bad. I explained further to the manager and he VERY RUDELY said if it can't be fixed all he will do is give me a small portion of what I paid back on a gift card and depreciate that and I could buy a more expensive item and pay the rest of the price and the warranty would not even transfer and I had to buy a new one at full price. then he said I could call their legal department if I wanted to sue them to get it replaced under by what their literature said. I contacted another nearby store and they explained that the store on Powers (Store 212) is like this because they are more concerned about sales number than taking care of customers and that store advised me to call corporate. In talking with Corporate, they apologized for that store's behavior and that specific person said she has had numerous complaints about that store and advised me to shop at a different store because that store is "going through changes". Oh, and this was what put me over the edge, one person advised me that it wasn't even worth my time to use the warranty they suggested that I buy a new item and pay for it entirely and buy a Geek Squad Protection Plan in case this happens again but he would not guarantee that BestBuy would do anything different or even replace it. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE."

2015-07-30

"Supposed to have my new range delivered today. No luck. They were a no show. Turns out, they outsource delivery to another company, who also outsources installation to another company and, then, yet another company does the scheduling. Ugh.

So, my range was supposed to be installed between 11 AM and 3 PM, because I had appointments at 9:30 AM and 3:30 PM.

So, I get home at 10 minutes to 11, in plenty of time for installers, and wait... and wait... and wait. Then, I check my cell phone and see the installer left multiple voicemails for me at about 9:30 AM, when I was not home, and when I told them I would not be home... Voicemail said that because I was not home I would have to reschedule installation.

Then, I found the identical produce for much less from another local provider for significantly less. All of the companies involved were terrible at returning calls. Service sucked. Just. Totally. Sucked.

Ended up canceling the order and purchasing same product from a different provider."

2015-07-29

"i ordered on line a haier air conditioner Esa410M from best buy bought may 29, received it a few days later. had it siiting in my apartment in box .instaled it approx jul 15,2015 as the heat was starting to come . tried unit no cooling . called best buy store ,was told to go see them . Went to store was told need to have shipping invoice finally got that . asked for refund , was told past 14 days no refund . wait for haier ,they will ship new since there no service depot here meanwhile the heat going up. in apt. and my person. i called the store the manager said wait till haier sends new . no refund . "

2015-07-28

"I will never order anything online from best buy ever again. I ordered a phone case and I chose the store I wanted to pick it up at. I called that specific store and the lady's of me they absolutely had it. Then I got an email saying it was no longer available. So I called again and the lady said she can ship it to my house but I would have to pay the express shipping fee of $40. The only good thing that came out of this was when I talked to the manager, he overrided the shipping fee and I would get it by that Tuesday. Two days later I woke up to an email saying my order was delayed. This is the WORST sight to order off of. If you want something from best buy, don't ever order it from bestbuy.com. They will just screw you over"

2015-07-24

"the delivery department is horrible. you don't want to deal with them. i would never ever buy any appliance there anymore."

This review was modified by MrCC on July 24 2015 03:04:26 PM

2015-07-18

"BBY01-735220022627

I just had a horrible experience with Best Buy. I bought 24 of those $200 gift cards when they were selling for $15. It was a mistake and all my orders were canceled, which was a complete inconvenience. It did not just stop there. I was also charged an additional $17.92 (which gave me a $35 overdraft charge, as I don't keep money in that account unless I am going to spend it on something). Not only that, but I made a one time payment of $150 for 10 gift cards on one of my orders. I was refunded in several different increments, like 20.99 here, 9.01 here, 41 here. I called customer service today to get that unauthorized charge of $17.92 that ended up costing me $35 out of my pocket resolved. I was on the phone with a woman that gave me a case number (that I later found out was FAKE) and was told I was going to be refunded the $17.92. While I was starting to talk about how this was unauthorized and is costing me $35 she put me on hold midsentence and then hung up on me!! I called back and this time spoke to Joe. He told me there's nothing he can do, and I insisted I get the manager as well as his name and ID number. He refused to give me the ID number. I was then left on hold for an hour and was told I can email corporate. This is such horrible customer service!!! All I did was buy what was advertised, and not just one but 24! Then I was understanding when my order was canceled but the treatment I received thereafter as well as the unacceptable refund amounts and the explanations go with them is absolutely crazy. The fact that I wasn't sent over to a manager or supervisor as I had requested multiple times also infuriates me! I made a payment of $150 in full, and I expect if my order is canceled to get that entire amount refunded at once!! AND not get charged an unexplainable amount of $17.92 on top of it. I am not going to give up until I am able to reach somebody that can address my concerns."

This review was modified by rebeccanutu on July 18 2015 01:44:37 PM

2015-07-15

"Recently I purchased 2 major appliances from best buy What a JOKE!!!! The first was a samsung gas range the stove works great and looks nice however I paid for them to install and hook up the gas. The person they sent out was not very good at his job the city inspector came out and failed the install work. Then to top it off I discovered that the stove was leaking gas into my kitchen because of the poor install I called best buy but it was the weekend they couldn't help "what ?" Ok I will let my home fill with gas till monday Seriously? The next appliance was my Samsung Dryer I called to have it repaired by the Geek Squad first of all they couldn't find my account info so I had to call the store to get it the store was useless and told me they could only look up what the warranty lady could I had to speak to a manager to get the numbers I needed. Then they tell me no tech for 2 weeks ok I guess what else could I do? So today was my repair day I have waited 2 weeks for and After sitting at home for 8hrs and calling geek squad to inquire when I should expect them. I finally get a call from the tech to cancel seriously buyer beware you can't get quality service from the Geek squad please shop elsewhere!!!!"

2015-07-14

"On June 26th 2015 I placed an order with bestbuy.com for a washer dryer and dishwasher. A few days later I called 1-888-Bestbuy because Lowes was offering the same items at a lower price. So I asked could they price match otherwise I would like to cancel before my item ships so I can order from Lowes. I was told no problem and the best buy agent went on to Lowes website to verify the price match and then told me that I would be issued a credit. On the 30th best buy came to deliver my items and hauled away the old appliances. I called in on July 14th after check my amex bill for the credit and it was still not received. They told me they could not price match at this point and I asked for the items to be picked up and refunded. They go on to tell me that they can not return my old appliances. I feel like i was scammed into keeping my order with there price match guarantee and now they will not honor what they said nor give me back my old appliances. "

This review was modified by enoecap on July 14 2015 12:59:07 PM

2015-07-07

"I ordered a microwave from bestbuy.com on 7/5 and it was delivered on 7/7!"

This review was modified by sjmshort on July 07 2015 04:40:17 PM

2015-07-02

"Smooth transaction and pickup the tablet at local store."

This review was modified by SwordL on July 02 2015 09:20:03 PM

2015-07-02

"We buy all of our macs and game consoles here. I have had a credit card through them for years. I made a payment in February and then came back to make a payment in March and the online system kept reading error no balance to pay. Since my balance had been super low I believed I had paid off my card. Months later, in June, I checked online to see my available credit limit for a new purchase and was shocked to see a balance of $200 dollars. There was an error with their online system and I owed $58.25 then over the course of 4 months they charged me late payments of 35 dollars. They never gave me a call or sent me a letter in the mail. I wanted some of those late payments removed considering the conditions of the online error and they refused. I canceled my service and cut the card off completely. A horrible company to have a card through."

This review was modified by donahuea on July 02 2015 02:28:42 PM

2015-06-29

"Waited for 20 minutes to get any of at least 6 employees who were standing around doing nothing to help. Found a store manager and he was just rude. Left without buying anything and will not go back."

2015-06-26

"I purchased an EPSON projector and, after my experience, I will NEVER shop at Best Buy again. I needed a projector to show a film. I walked in and one of the employees told me that this product would be perfect for what I needed. I was excited and, after asking a few question, bought it right away. He also sold me a couple of cables that he said I NEEDED (but I DEFINITELY DID NOT). Well, long story short, I decided to trust best buy and the employees expertise, so I didn't test out the projector until the day I needed it in Michigan. Well, it definitely did not work the way he said it would. I felt like I was watching a picture slide show versus an actual movie. In addition, the money I spent on the cables was a complete waste because the projector came with everything that was needed. Well I called Best Buy and they said I could return the items 16 days after the purchase date since there was no store nearby in Michigan. What a LIE! When I walked in 16 days later, I was told that they could not make an exception for the return despite that they sold me something that clearly didn't work for what I needed it to do. If you need a quality projector, this is definitely not it, and neither is the service at BEST BUY. Well at least not the one located at Harlem and Forest Preserve in Norridge, IL. I hate writing bad reviews but please, just be careful!"

2015-06-25

"For some unexplained reason, Best Buy will not ship certain items that are available online. One must go to a retail stored and pick the item up. When I called to ask about this unbelievable policy and why they could not send me a hard drive, the sales clerk hung up on me. "

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!