Stores > Best Buy

Customer service: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10

2016-02-04

Awesome Shipments

"I use to buy from Amazon.ca but their prices are WAY higher than bestbuy.ca. I bought all my Christmas presents from BestBuy and everything showed up as promised and packaging was great. I bought light bulbs, cameras and had no problems and got what I paid for.

Some people's reviews were negative and I wanted to get my 2 cents in. I have been shopping at BestBuy in Canada for 10 years. This was the first year I order 5 different orders and every single items arrived in perfect condition.

2016-01-30

Webroot - Don't Buy!

"I was purchasing a new computer and security protection on it for Viruses. I choose Webroot (Best Buys own brand) with Geek Squad too ($200 addition for 2 years). My computer came with a 30 day free trial of McAffee Protection. I decided to wait unit that expired before installing Webroot. As soon as I did I immediately I started having issues with various programs not working properly, running show, device manager errors, etc. My IT department from school took a look at my computer and knew exactly what was wrong as soon as he saw I had Webroot on it. He said the program embeds itself too deep in the computer making simple task conflict and giving the owner arbitrary warnings on everything.

He removed the software Webroot, put on a free one and started the task of cleaning up my computer! Now keep in mind I've only owned this computer since Dec 15! Immediately I saw a difference with my log on time, programs launching, face recognition, browser speed!

He said he would not buy Webroot nor use Geeksquad because he as seen so many issues with it. He made a valid point when he stated, its not in there best interest to keep your current computer working properly - when what they want to do is sell you a new one! Kind of counter productive for sales!

Oh and that 2 year warranty - starts the day of purchase NOT the day it is installed!

This review was modified by sherri_mcdermott on January 30 2016 02:25:51 AM

2016-01-26

Warning!!!

"If you can buy it directly in store and inspect the condition you may be fine. They do have a decent return/exchange policy and will price match companies like B & H. BUT... I ordered a $1400 camera lens and they shipped it in a plastic bag with a thin layer of built in bubble wrap. The lens box was partially smashed. This is completely unacceptable and this is not the first time they did not pack sufficiently but definitely the worst. I will not be doing business with them again for anything important. B & H is the way to go..."

2016-01-21

Do NOT Shop at Best Buy for Your Appliances

"On December 20, my family and I purchased a washer and dryer set from the Pacific Sales within the Woodbridge, VA Best Buy location. After being told the units would be available for quick delivery, the truth was far from that. It took 3 1/2 weeks from the time of purchase for my units to be delivered. At about the 2 1/2 week from purchase point, I called Best Buy for an update and they informed me they "do not handle that" and gave me to Pacific sales. Upon speaking with a Pacific Sales associate, they forwarded me to a warehouse and delivery case manager. I was unhappy with the service and was offered compensation once the units were delivered.

One week later, my washer machine arrived damaged and inoperable. I called Pacific Sales back and was forwarded, transferred, placed on hold on and off for over four hours. When discussing compensation for my family of four's laundry, the compensation was withdrawn as an option. When I asked for an exchange or fix I was told I would have to buy a completely different washer machine from Best Buy first, and then Pacific Sales would refund me the money after the original washer machine was returned to the warehouse.

When discussing fixing the brand new machine, I was told there were no technicians available to service the machine in the area I live in. Really? I live just outside of Washington D.C. and there is no one to service the machine I purchased? A third party contractor was hired to come out and fix one of the issues. The contractor came without the parts needed and delayed the process of fixing the washer machine another week. Long story short, it has been over a month since I purchased my washer and dryer for my new home. I have yet to use my washer and dryer and it will still be another week before the technician returns.

Avoid Best Buy and Pacific Sales like the plague. No one takes ownership of the complications and the two companies will blame each other for the issues. The costumer service reps will try to pawn you off to someone else and not be of any help. There was only one customer service representative out of the ten (at least) I spoke to that was of any help (Dawn/Pacific Sales).

I refuse to give Best Buy and Pacific Sales any more of my business. Read the reviews. This is one of many of the horror stories from these two businesses that work horribly together. Once they had my money, they no longer were of any help to ensure customer satisfaction. Go to Home Depot, Lowes, or HH Gregg for appliances. The time and headaches are not worth shopping at Best Buy.

This review was modified by jriv51 on January 21 2016 03:03:48 PM

2016-01-10

"in 2013, i opened a joint credit card account through best buy with my step daughter. She had applied and been turned down due to no credit history. She was preparing for college and needed electronics. So i was offered a card and i accepted with conditions. they were as follows.
1. I would be the primary on the account (as the decision was based solely on my credit history).
2. That any future purchases would require both signatures .
3. All billing would be sent to my address as i would be making the payment monthly and my step daughter would make her payment to me. (that way i could be assured of no late payments,and keeping my 800 point credit rating intact).
I was assured by the customer service rep handling my application that this was all possible and it would be exactly as i asked. I purchased her a computer, printer & software for her courses. this all totaled up to 900.00. she left for college soon after that and thats when the trouble began. i never recieved a card, as she soon called in and switched herself to the primary on the account,cancelled my card, and had the mail rerouted to her. She failed to make her payments thus sticking me with the bill. i contacted best buy to find out how this was possible and they told me that all my original demands on the card was not possible. their rep would never tell me that and pretty much told me i was either mistaken or lying. i was outraged, i ended up paying the card off and closing the account. 5 months later i got a notice from my credit bureau that my credit score had dropped 10 points due to a credit card of mine being maxed out. i looked into the situation to find that the card was the best buy card i has cancelled 5 months eariler. i called best buy and found out it had never been cancelled andi n fact my step daughter had made recent purchases maxing out the 1800.00 limit. i was furious, i demanded this be considered fraud and best buy did nothing to assist me in any way. it was like dealing with monkeys. finally after days of arguing with them they agreed to close the account. so they offered the step daughter a new account and closed the joint account. i soon found out that the 1800.00 in purchases were not transferred to her new card but left as an outstanding debt on me. i tried for 12 months to have this fixed to no avail. i finally had to pay this card off a second time. I proceeded to file suit in small claims court to get my money back. when i contacted best buy to have all the documents sent to me so i could prove my case, they told me they could not disclose that information to Me because i was not the primary on the account. I have never in my life seen incompetence from a company like i did here. it was absolutely unlawful what they did and offered no assistance to rectify any of their wrong. i will never again do business with this company it was like being in a twilight zone episode. I could go on and on with how little support they offered, once i payed off the balance they no longer wanted discuss the matter even getting rude and hanging up on me. I will never again conduct any buisness with best buy. gerald skillman.

This review was modified by geraldskillman on January 11 2016 09:19:25 AM

2016-01-10

""BUYER BEWARE'

I purchased an ASUS Laptop that was on sale. Apparently, I thought I was purchasing a warranty voluntarily. When I went to cancel these payments from coming off my credit card they told me that in order to get the price that I did on the computer "I HAD TO PAY FOR THE WARRANTY". I was definitely not informed of this. As I was told by my credit card company..... "It is near impossible to get the payments that they take cancelled. When I spoke with a guy, ROB, with Best Buy Warranty he told me that the best that could happen is that I pay out the warranty $400.00. If I cancel my credit card they will try to take it off another credit card.

I put my computer in to get fixed and they sent it back not fixed because the payment had not gone through but a day or so later....lo and behold...there goes the payment off my credit card.

Make sure to ask all the questions. The sales person led me to believe I was paying for something to protect my computer and that it could be cancelled at any time. That sure was a joke. I think that best buy is the biggest RIP OFF EVER!! THEY WANT YOUR MONEY BUT DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING FOR IT!!

2016-01-06

"I placed an order for an Apple Watch 14 December 2015 for Christmas and I never received it. I placed order again and never received it again. It's now too late for a Christmas gift. Called auctioned sevice spoke with Bianca and she laughed at me, placed me on hold without telling me as I was speaking to her. Then dealt with Trina who was also not familiar with Best Buys shipping policy. She was of no help. Asked to speak to a manager who then hung up on me. Poor shipment to FPO AP address, Poor customer service, I never received my watch or credit back to my account. I get better service via EBay and Amazon! Best Buy please fix yourself! This requires immediate attention. If a rep from Best Buy reads this please email me via my order number. Order number "

This review was modified by Mprelude on January 06 2016 07:32:33 AM

2016-01-01

"Horrible customer service. I paid for a refrigerator on Dec. 21st and I was told they would call me the next day to schedule delivery and they never called. After a couple days I called them. they gave me a delivery date of 12/29. Because I had to throw out all of the food I bought for Christmas, I asked if they could possibly deliver it sooner. Again, I was told I would be called back....and again that didn't happen. So I just came to grips with the fact that I wont have it until the 29th. I called on the 28th and they told me it was not scheduled for delivery at all. The delivery was on hold for payment (which I paid for on the 21st). I go to the store and wait nearly an hour to speak to a manager, just for them to say I'm sorry, we will schedule it today and you can have it New Year's Eve. At this point, I've been living out of a cooler and buying ice everyday to keep the necessities. When I told the appliance manager Mike that I couldn't wait that long, he said that was the best he could do. I canceled the order, went to Lowe's and got my fridge before 10am the next morning. I should have gone to Lowe's first and I wouldn't have had to throw away $200 worth of groceries!"

This review was modified by dmraby on January 01 2016 11:05:45 AM

2015-12-29

"Beware. My wife took her tablet in to have the SD card activated. Short version: 2-1/2 years of pictures and videos deleted and unrecoverable (per Best Buy). Two vacations and three birthdays of grandkids... gone.
Best Buys response? Gosh, we're sorry.

2015-12-29

"Worst experience in my life at my local Best Buy (Gainesville FL, Archer Road location). I wanted to open few AT&T lines and use the promotion that Best Buy was advertising at the moment. I waited over 30 minutes. After waiting I explained that I would like to open new AT&T lines and create a new account. They run a hard credit check and I was told that I am approved to open a new line. I even saw that with my own eyes.

After a while the associate wanted to talk with his manager. Then he came back and told that they cannot continue with the new line activation at all. So they run the credit check, I got approved and then they stopped the activation process. This is really bad, because this lowered my credit score. They should have not run credit check before telling me this. They just turned me away without any real reason.

I even talked with the manager and he said that he does not need to give any reason why they cannot continue the new line activation. His behavior was not professional at all. He tried to offer 50% discount from their overpriced accessories, which I did not want.

Stay away from this Best Buy. They do not honor their own promotions.

2015-12-29

"I wouldn't give any stars if that option were available. I ordered a $20 Steam gift card On December 15th with 2 day expedited shipping. Sure enough, come Christmas it still wasn't delivered. After several emails and phone calls (my time and money must mean nothing to Best Buy) the issue is still being "investigated". I also have had issues with Best Buys Geek Squad warranty in the past. I would recommend purchasing from other retailers. Amazon has always been prompt with delivery even really close to holidays. They also warn you via email if there is an issue...something Best Buy obviously doesn't have time for. The customer service is also very low quality when and IF you can reach an actual person. I am DISGUSTED and will not purchase from them again...I've got a teen boy too so it will be there loss of a lot of electronics sales."

This review was modified by jimboroni17 on December 29 2015 10:58:24 AM

2015-12-27

"Worst costumer service. ???? I hate it so much. The lady told me I couldnt get a refund cause the item was not in their list. That was so lame. I got so mad."

2015-12-27

"Went into the store on xmas eve to purchase the beats solo 2 headphones for a price match. Another store had them for $119.00, but was sold out in the color that I wanted. The sales guy had already did the sale and just needed a manager override to complete the transaction.. The manager came and got on a nearby computer and went to the store's website to confirm the sale price and all of the colors were showing the sale price and he told me the only way that he would honor the sale is if the color I wanted was available to put in the cart, but it wasn't so he wouldn't match the price. If they were available at the other store I wouldn't need Best Buy to price match. Since the blue ones were available he told me I could get those. I came to buy the red ones. Needless to say I left empty handed. The point of price matching is being able to confirm the price of the item at other store and the item number to make sure it's the same, which is what WALMART did and I was in and out of the store in a matter of 10 minutes. THANKS WALMART!!!!!!

This review was modified by shondalunceford on December 27 2015 02:21:25 PM

2015-12-20

"Got a mac at the best price in town, great experience!"

2015-12-15

"Yeah, I know it's fashionable to hate on Best Buy, but I'll give credit where its due.

December 1st ordered a hard drive. Got shipping notice quickly, but after 48 hours the item could not be located. Best Buy said the carrier had it, the carrier said they didn't. I couldn't afford to be without the hard drive, so I sourced a 2nd one locally. The first drive was with the carrier all along and eventually got found and delivered a week later than it should have been. During the process the reps at BestBuy.com were helpful in trying to locate the original drive. And when it did finally show up the return process could not have been better. I was in and out of the local Best Buy store in about 2 minutes and the refund was processed and back in my account before I was got home. Best Buy could not have handled it any better than they did.

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!