Product & services pricing Rating 4.10/10 4.10/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.02/10 1.02/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.33/10 1.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.84/10 1.84/10

"Best Buy deserves -5 stars for their unprofessional, incompetent customer service. Customer Service supervisor Jon didn't have the guts to talk to us a concern customer about a faulty gift card and had the nerve to ignore us and make his worker deal with it. We are going to deal with corporate customer service and voice our concern. No wonder Best Buy is going out of business. Worst service we've ever had. So disappointing because we spend lots of $$ at Best Buy but now that will change. "

"Potential customers beware of purchasing refurbished laptops. I haven't had my laptop for a year yet and it is completely falling apart. When I called the geek squad I was informed my 6 month warranty expired on 7/31/2014. I had no idea it only had a 6 month warranty and I would have to go somewhere else to have it repaired. Most places have a 1 year warranty, especially on refurbished items.

Funny thing is I went to their FB page to warn their potential customers as well and they deleted every single comment and banned me. That alone says a lot about the company.

Bottom line is I spent $577 on a refurbished samsung laptop and have to buy a new one since I didn't purchase the extended warranty. This is a lesson learned for me and I hope one as well for you as well. Apple is the best option as they go above and beyond to accommodate their customers regardless of their purchase date.

"9/19/14
I received an email from Best Buy announcing that I could trade up to the new iPhones and receive a $300 credit toward the purchase of a new one. In the email were pictures of the iPhone 6 & 6Plus. I went to the local store in Norwalk, CT and no 6Pluses were available. I asked for a rain check and was told the store could not do it. Then I was give more double speak about how the promotion was good for a week but they didn't know when the iPhone 6Plus would be coming in. But ... I could go to Brooklyn to get one. I asked if they would have it sent to Norwalk. No. I called up the Executive Resolution Dept. and entered Orwellian Corporate speak in circles for NO, WE DON'T REALLY CARE. It's not available. No rain check. After purchasing all my household appliances from Best Buy and spending many thousands of dollars over the years, I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN!

modified review This review was modified by dlm67 on September 19 2014 10:35:42 AM

"I ordered refrigerator on aug 20th, they confirmed they will deliver on sep 3rd. I got automatic phone call to confirm on sep 2nd. On the 3rd at 7 am. I got the phone call that the refrigerator was back order. I took day off for nothing. Then I called to complain they said delivery will be on 20th. Then the 14th I got automatic call about delivery on 15th. At 7 am got a called it will be 30 mins late. At 10 am. Delivery guys called they will be there at 10:30, I had been wAiting till 11 am called and checked they said they left because they could not get ahold of me. They left and couldn't come back. Again day off for nothing for second time. One more thing best buy charged my credit card on the 3rd. How could they do that???? now I have to re schedule again... So from aug 20th till sep 15th. Best buy suck! Never ever again"

""I spent a fair amount of time this week trying to order a Sony - Glacier White PlayStation 4 Destiny Bundle. The item was up for pre-order. As of writing this email, the item is still up for pre-order. Several times I added the order to my cart, selected a store for pick-up, and proceeded to submit the order. The order was cancelled after submission due to the item being sold out. I contacted on online support and was told that the item was not sold out and that I should be able to call in and place the order over the phone. I spent the next 20 minutes repeating the same process with a Best Buy representative over the phone. She had the same issue and eventually told me the item must truly be sold out.

After considering ordering it from another retailer, due to it being in stock at Amazon and Walmart, I decided to stay with Best Buy because I had a gift certificate. So I then placed an order for a standard system and pre-order the game Destiny - Order Number: BBY01-XX. The Best Buy website showed that I could pick the system up before 8:00pm last night and that the game would be available for pick up on the 9th. A short period of time later, I received an email notification that my order would not be available for pick up. I then called Best Buy support to find out the issue.

The Greenville store that my order was to be picked up from, reported that the item was not in stock. The rep over the phone told me that they could ship the order to my house in 2 to 3 weeks. Or that I could drive to the Anderson store, almost an hour from my home, to pick up the item. He also informed me that I had to make a decision about what to do with my order on that phone call and that after that decision had been made, the order could not be changed again. I then asked if I could pick the item up at the Spartanburg because it is somewhat close to my work. The rep stated that the store only listed one in stock and he would have to call in order to ensure they had it. He placed me on hold while he called the store. Once a rep at the store picked up, he brought me in on the call as he asked the store rep about the item. She giggled due to the fact that they had multiple in store, not the one as system had shown at the call center headquarters. The rep at the call center then apologized to me and attempted to change my order to that store. After he tried multiple times, the system finally accepted the order, and I received a confirmation.

So after multiple failed attempts to place an order online, a chat online with Best Buy customer service, multiple phone calls to Best Buy support, I get to drive 20 minutes from work on my lunch break to pick up part of my order that was supposed to be ready last night at the Best Buy near my home. Then, next week, I get to go to the store near my house to pick up the pre order item. Even though neither of these items are actually what I intended order, an item that is and was listed as available for pre-order but is supposedly sold out.

All of the Best Buy staff I dealt with was incredibly courteous and kind. However, the problem here appears to be Best Buy’s computer system or record keeping software. The fact that everything listed online during this whole process was wrong, including the store data that the call center employee had access to, is absurd. It makes me question if I went to the store that I originally placed the order at, if the “out of stock” item would be sitting on the shelf. Also, the fact that I had to decide what to do about my order on the phone call to customer service or that it would be cancelled is ridiculous. I told the rep that I would like to call back in tomorrow to decide but was told that policy dictated that I must make the decision then or my order would be completely cancelled."

****************
Response from Best Buy -

Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to compliment our Best Buy staff you dealt with as incredibly courteous and kind. Our associates work hard to ensure our customers are happy and well-served.

Please allow us to apologize with regard to the the website and system error in the item's availability. The availability of the items sometimes change without prior notice.

We try to be as accurate as possible. However, we do not warrant that product descriptions or other Site content is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.

Prices and promotions are subject to change, and may vary from those offered in our stores.

We cannot confirm the availability or price of an item until you place your order. Despite our best efforts, rarely an item in our catalog may not be available, the offer may have been misstated, or an item may be mispriced.

Again, we are sorry.
*********************

In other words, what they post on their website means nothing. Thanks, Best Buy, for the info and addressing part of my concern with a canned apology.

modified review This review was modified by GSP123 on September 08 2014 07:09:10 AM

Best Buy User

"I ordered the Destiny Expansion pack 17 TIMES. Yep no joke. The website said available but I called customer service, the lady was nice, but they said it was out of stock. Half of the company doesn't know what the other half is doing.
Online support takes days. I eventually just gave up. Don't buy from BestBuy.com (or even the store) ever again

Best Buy User

"THE WORST ONLINE EXPERIENCE EVER.

I will never do business with these incompetent idiots again - I don't care how good their pricing is.

Did an online transaction for 1 items. CC company put a hold on my card for the order total - expected. I have emails confirming the items were shipped to my local store. I have an email saying one was delivered the other has a payment problem.

Turns out BB decided they'd refund the money (that they hadn't received), but that left the hold on my account. Then they tried to redebit my card which declined as I would have exceeded my limit - because of their hold. THREE phonecalls to BB got a lot of platitudes and "I don't know why that has happened" but never once did anyone offer anything to try and put it right. Basically, I was told that that's just how it is and expect the credit to hit my card in 7-10 days.

I just wish we could give zero stars - even that would be too high.

"Don't ever shop at there Oswego IL, location the managers are rude they don't know what there doing, would not give me my order just cause my ID did not match something, but it was the same ID I used to pick up orders many times in the past as well to make purchases in there store with the same Credit card. "

modified review This review was modified by joseph_quinones on September 04 2014 11:23:47 AM

Best Buy User

"Best Buys customer service is non existent. Purchased a car stereo here 2 months ago and was sold the wrong harness. I was blown off by two Best Buy stores in Dedham and Framingham MA by both Geek Squad and members of the audio department when I came in three different times to troubleshoot why my stereo wasn't working. When I brought this to a local sound shop they told me the harness was casuing my ground wire to back feed - and that it was not the right harness for the car (an obvious fact I had asked about when I brought the harness back to Best Buy, Best Buy offered to figure it out for 50 bucks). I called Best Buy corporate just to complain a little and was blown off and their email customer service support is non existent as well - I have a trail of four or five emails supporting this stuff, bottom line is shop somewhere else. They really don't care if you have a problem or if they're bad at solving it"

"Purchase process was good but warranty service sucks. I left a Bose Solo TV speaker for warranty repair on August 03 and have not gotten it back as of August 31. Upon inquiry I was told that product is only sent to the repair depot on Sundays and is received from the depot only on Thursdays. This means that shipping alone could add up to 2 weeks to the repair process. A representative told me the process could take up to 60 days. This length of time for a repair is totally unacceptable in this day and age."

Best Buy User

"I had returned a computer because as it turned out -- it did not have an expansion slot that I needed. The people at Best Buy customer service did a wonderful job with me. They were attentive, and helped me get a computer that set me properly. I was impressed with their customer service. I had the geek squad place the expansion card, no problem and quickly, professionally performed. Kudos to those at Best buy."

Best Buy User

"No one will return my call or e-mail - see below

I currently have a dishwasher sitting in my kitchen (still in the box) not installed. And when I just read my copy of the manifest I initialed no damage. But I have no idea if there is any damage to the dishwasher I only know that there is no damage to the box the dishwasher is sitting in. My time of delivery was to be between 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm. They came at 10:00 am.

At this point I learned that they were not installing the dishwasher (more on that later) and then would only take the old dishwasher if it is uninstalled. I see no where that I was told about this issue.
When I ordered the dishwasher I also ordered the installation kit as I was told I needed if I was getting the dishwasher installed. I ordered online.

Thus when I got the confirmation I noticed it did not say anything about installation so I called the number as instructed. They said the phone call was recorded so you should go listen to the call.

I was told that installation was included but to make sure I had the installation kit. So I thought all was well.

Thus when the dust settled today and I realized that the promised installation was not going to happen that I tried to set-up a new time for the installation.
But the next time I am down here (without having to make another special trip) is October 25 and was told that I was not able to book an installation that far in advance.

So as it stands now I have an unopened box (where I hope sits my new dishwasher), my old dishwasher still installed and no installation time set.

At this point all I want is to set an installation and pick-up of the old dishwasher.

Could someone contact me at (or by e-mail) to get my credit card information for the installation cost and confirm that it is set for October 25, 2014. I am frustrated that it is me that has to try and take care of this.

If this is not possible please schedule a time to get the unopened dishwasher and take it back on October 25, 2014 and refund my purchase.

"Ok I bought a mhl adapter but it was a open box item wich means it was a display/Returned/refurbished and it says on the the price tag (this unit is a floor sample,returned or reconditioned prouduct.bestbuy provides a warranty equivalent to a new item) so doesn't this mean that if ther is a defect that they should fix it or replace it they offered to replace it but I would have to pay the remainder of the original price wich I don't think is proper or I was told if I don't like that I could go deal with the manufacturer soo next time I'm just gonna deal with anybody else exept best buy and they are pretty rude over the phone the guy was talking to me like I was a dummy and that I shouldv known that that's how it works I know it really doesnt matter to these douchbags but I'm not gonna ever spend any of my money there again if I something that only bestbuy has ill just order it from ebay or dhgate "

modified review This review was modified by oooshit on August 13 2014 05:06:11 PM

"I was looking to buy Moto G (unlocked version) and its typical price is $220. I ordered it for $200 (after I applied $20 coupon that was expiring that day) from another retailer. Then (later that day, Sunday 11PM) , I saw it at bestbuy.com even cheaper ($180) and available in-store! So, I decided I can trust BB (a flagship of US electronics!!!) and canceled my another order (loosing my coupon) and ordered the phone at Best Buy (as I mentioned available for store pick up and I thought "what could happen to store stock over night?"). Surprisingly, even before the store was open I got an email stating it is not available in that store. I ran online to check if it is available somewhere around (yesterday night every store around - at least 5 stores - me had this phone). Now - all of them are out! I went to store and they said their system is down and they can't check my order nor check if they can order it for me and told me to go online and order it. Online it said it is available for in-store pick up only and none of the stores around me had it. So, I lost my ability to buy the phone with some discount ($20) from another retailer and BB won't process my order. SHOULD NOT TRUST BB TO BEGIN WITH. "

modified review This review was modified by VadBakman on August 04 2014 09:24:26 AM

"FRAUD!! My husband and I paid for a Panasonic Viera model #TC-P50ST60, a $1000 television, bought at the Best Buy at Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody/Atlanta GA. When the television died (within the warranty period) and we contacted Panasonic for repairs, we found out it wouldn't be covered because the television on the receipt did not match the television Best Buy actually gave us. The television they gave us (model #TC-P50T60) was identical in appearance, but was only $700 because it did not have 3D (we had never attempted to use the 3D so did not realize it was missing). So now I am out not only $300 for the difference in what I paid for and what I received, but also $1000 because the repair will not be covered under warranty and the set is useless. Best Buy refuses to assist us, although I was told by a local employee that they can simply check their inventory records for the week we bought the television to see if there is a discrepancy. Best Buy won't even do that. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!"

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!