Stores > Best Buy

Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.37/10 3.37/10

2016-04-13

happy customer

"addy was awesome, thanks for the help"

2016-03-30

Great product -bad advertising

"I was horrified that the website stated that recycling my TV could be arranged, and then once I ordered the new TV, Best Buy would not arrange pickup/recycling. So this really feels like false advertising. One of the main benefits for choosing Best Buy was the relief of having my TV recycled.

I was also frustrated that the website mentioned that the delivery people would call the day before to estimate around what time they might come, and because Best Buy had arranged Purolator, there was no call and therefore I needed to arrange to stay home the whole day.
I really hope Best Buy will clarify its delivery policy so that consumers are not misled.

p.s. I am very happy with the TV I ordered.

This review was modified by sjjjjjjj on March 30 2016 07:12:56 AM

2016-03-18

Best Buy Review

"Never had one single problem! Maybe some of these reviewers should learn how to communicate with people who are working very hard and getting paid very little?"

2016-03-17

Couldn't even purchase the item

"Amazingly bad website. My grandmother could make a better website, seriously. I first had trouble adding what I wanted to my cart because I did not distinguish right away what was an online-only item and what was an in-store pickup item.

I thought the sole purpose of an e-commerce website was to purchase online and have it delivered. If I wanted to pick it up at the store, I would go and pick it up at the store! I wouldn't want to waste my time on the website.

The website doesn't seem to want you to purchase online and have it delivered. Its like they rather have you come to the store. I'm sorry, but it is 2016, people don't want to take the time to stop at a store, they want it delivered! Why isn't this the number one goal of the website?

If Best Buy claims that that is the goal, then they really need to step up their game. It really isn't that hard to make a good website. I couldn't even enter in my address when checking out. Thats when I threw up my hands and gave up.

The only reason I am going through Best Buy is because I have a gift card. Otherwise, I would have already gotten my item from Amazon a long time ago. Are you reading this Best Buy? AMAZON! Get your @#$% together. It's 2016.

This review was modified by walfredpjenkins on March 17 2016 01:38:35 PM

2016-03-09

Sold me a broken laptop

"I recently bought a lap top mostly to work on simple projects that required Microsoft Works, Power Point, and Excel. The very first time I used the internet, about 3 weeks later, the browser was not working. It would automatically disconnect and close the browser which its so irritating. I took it to Best Buy where I had bought it and told me they couldnt help me since the date of purchased it was passed 15 days. I claimed it wasnt my fault, Ive never used the internet and the time I decide to it wasnt working so now I have a lap top that doesnt get internet. I'll never ever go to Best Buy no more, worst experience and theyre not cheap. "

This review was modified by josep17 on March 09 2016 06:26:34 PM

2016-03-09

Horrible first experience!!!!

"My husband and I purchased a geek quad certified computer open box online and has it delivered to our house. It came on a Friday. We hadnt purchased a desk for it so when we did we open the box up on Sunday to set it up. We plugged it in and NOTHING!!! "Just one moment" is all we saw for over 24 HOURS!!! Monday morning it still said the same thing. So while at work, after waiting on hold for over 25 minutes, I called best buy to explain everything and was told to take it to the store. We took it to the Brandon Best Buy. Entering the door we were directed to geek squad where they told us if we didnt purchase the geek squad warranty we needed to pay $40/$50 for them to check it out to see whats wrong with it. HELLO!! we purchased the computer 2 days ago! It was suppose to be geek squad certified already and the damn computer didnt do anything after just plugging it in. We werent going to give away anymore money for a computer that we just purchased and wasnt working. We then was instructed to go to customer service to return it since its in the 15 days time frame. The cashier Cameron was no help at all. We asked him if this was common. He didnt know. We asked can we swap it out for the same computer? His response "I dont know thats up to you."We then asked do you have another one like this. His response "I dont know go over to computers and see" He was soo rude with it! Then after going to the computer section to see if there was another computer, we met Allen the sales guy who was sooo sweet with excellent customer service! We told him what we just experienced and he got with a manager Stephan where they got us a great deal on the same computer but NEW!!! They didnt have another open box, and honestly I wouldnt recommend after going through this. Although we ended up paying more money than expected, we still got a great price on a new one and they were very apologetic about the other teams bad customer service. This was our first time buying anything from Best Buy but this experience will keep us from going back. Allen thank you for being a great person and doing your job. We really did appreciate it. Cameron needs to not work in customer service because he has none what so ever!!!! "

This review was modified by QuuenB on March 09 2016 04:58:55 AM

2016-02-28

Geek Squad is lame! Customer Service is Worse!

"I bought a refurbished Ipad that was certified by the Geek Squad with a 90 day warranty. 60 days later, it was broken. We brought it to Best Buy, and they couldn't fix it. They didn't have nor could they order a replacement product. They would not give a refund, only store credit. So I took the store credit.

After going home, I found that it was cheaper on staples.com. They would not pricematch over the phone, although clearly the representative agreed and verified the price. They made me go buy it in the store. Perhaps it's my fault. Why would I ever buy anything on best buy again when there are other companies willing to give me a better price and inconvenience me less?

This review was modified by devintang on February 29 2016 09:49:21 AM

2016-02-15

Worst return policy ever

"My 80 year old Mother-in-law bought a new TV from Best Buy, Melrose Park, Illinois. She asked what happens if there was something wrong with it and was told she could bring it back for an exchange within 15 days. When we set it up for her a week later found out that the screen was broken. Brought it back and they won't exchange it or give her her money back claiming she broke it because she didn't bring it back within 48 hours. Felt that Customer service was rude and condensending towards my Mother-in-law. Worse return policy ever! Never, ever, ever buy ANYTHING from Best Buy. They have just lost a frequent customer."

This review was modified by BrianKap55 on February 15 2016 05:14:44 PM

2016-02-15

Horrible company

"Best Buy doesn't even deserve one star but it's the lowest option they gave me. All of their "protection plans" are garbage. Sales associate 109418 sold protection coverage on our tv we purchased there and of course when it came time to using it they found anyway they could around it. The TV is barely 2 years old and now we are out a TV and out a couple hundred dollars for the useless protection plan they try to screw their customers over with. We didn't even want the protection coverage but the sales associate assured us that in the even of an accident it would be worth it. Don't believe their bullshit lies. They refused to fix the TV, refused to replace the TV because it's not made anymore, and refused to refund their worthless "protection plan". They claim they never sell accidental coverage on TVs but it states right in the protection coverage pamphlet that the ONLY exclusions are for outdoor TVs that could be exposed to humidity. Someone needs to be held accountable for their lies and mistakes and until that happens I'll be sure to spread the word of how deceiving and horrible this company is.

Take your business elsewhere and save yourself the lies and money wasted. I will never shop here again.

This review was modified by Hinckld on February 15 2016 11:54:31 AM

2016-02-04

Awesome Shipments

"I use to buy from Amazon.ca but their prices are WAY higher than bestbuy.ca. I bought all my Christmas presents from BestBuy and everything showed up as promised and packaging was great. I bought light bulbs, cameras and had no problems and got what I paid for.

Some people's reviews were negative and I wanted to get my 2 cents in. I have been shopping at BestBuy in Canada for 10 years. This was the first year I order 5 different orders and every single items arrived in perfect condition.

2016-01-30

Webroot - Don't Buy!

"I was purchasing a new computer and security protection on it for Viruses. I choose Webroot (Best Buys own brand) with Geek Squad too ($200 addition for 2 years). My computer came with a 30 day free trial of McAffee Protection. I decided to wait unit that expired before installing Webroot. As soon as I did I immediately I started having issues with various programs not working properly, running show, device manager errors, etc. My IT department from school took a look at my computer and knew exactly what was wrong as soon as he saw I had Webroot on it. He said the program embeds itself too deep in the computer making simple task conflict and giving the owner arbitrary warnings on everything.

He removed the software Webroot, put on a free one and started the task of cleaning up my computer! Now keep in mind I've only owned this computer since Dec 15! Immediately I saw a difference with my log on time, programs launching, face recognition, browser speed!

He said he would not buy Webroot nor use Geeksquad because he as seen so many issues with it. He made a valid point when he stated, its not in there best interest to keep your current computer working properly - when what they want to do is sell you a new one! Kind of counter productive for sales!

Oh and that 2 year warranty - starts the day of purchase NOT the day it is installed!

This review was modified by sherri_mcdermott on January 30 2016 02:25:51 AM

2016-01-26

Warning!!!

"If you can buy it directly in store and inspect the condition you may be fine. They do have a decent return/exchange policy and will price match companies like B & H. BUT... I ordered a $1400 camera lens and they shipped it in a plastic bag with a thin layer of built in bubble wrap. The lens box was partially smashed. This is completely unacceptable and this is not the first time they did not pack sufficiently but definitely the worst. I will not be doing business with them again for anything important. B & H is the way to go..."

2016-01-21

Do NOT Shop at Best Buy for Your Appliances

"On December 20, my family and I purchased a washer and dryer set from the Pacific Sales within the Woodbridge, VA Best Buy location. After being told the units would be available for quick delivery, the truth was far from that. It took 3 1/2 weeks from the time of purchase for my units to be delivered. At about the 2 1/2 week from purchase point, I called Best Buy for an update and they informed me they "do not handle that" and gave me to Pacific sales. Upon speaking with a Pacific Sales associate, they forwarded me to a warehouse and delivery case manager. I was unhappy with the service and was offered compensation once the units were delivered.

One week later, my washer machine arrived damaged and inoperable. I called Pacific Sales back and was forwarded, transferred, placed on hold on and off for over four hours. When discussing compensation for my family of four's laundry, the compensation was withdrawn as an option. When I asked for an exchange or fix I was told I would have to buy a completely different washer machine from Best Buy first, and then Pacific Sales would refund me the money after the original washer machine was returned to the warehouse.

When discussing fixing the brand new machine, I was told there were no technicians available to service the machine in the area I live in. Really? I live just outside of Washington D.C. and there is no one to service the machine I purchased? A third party contractor was hired to come out and fix one of the issues. The contractor came without the parts needed and delayed the process of fixing the washer machine another week. Long story short, it has been over a month since I purchased my washer and dryer for my new home. I have yet to use my washer and dryer and it will still be another week before the technician returns.

Avoid Best Buy and Pacific Sales like the plague. No one takes ownership of the complications and the two companies will blame each other for the issues. The costumer service reps will try to pawn you off to someone else and not be of any help. There was only one customer service representative out of the ten (at least) I spoke to that was of any help (Dawn/Pacific Sales).

I refuse to give Best Buy and Pacific Sales any more of my business. Read the reviews. This is one of many of the horror stories from these two businesses that work horribly together. Once they had my money, they no longer were of any help to ensure customer satisfaction. Go to Home Depot, Lowes, or HH Gregg for appliances. The time and headaches are not worth shopping at Best Buy.

This review was modified by jriv51 on January 21 2016 03:03:48 PM

2016-01-10

"in 2013, i opened a joint credit card account through best buy with my step daughter. She had applied and been turned down due to no credit history. She was preparing for college and needed electronics. So i was offered a card and i accepted with conditions. they were as follows.
1. I would be the primary on the account (as the decision was based solely on my credit history).
2. That any future purchases would require both signatures .
3. All billing would be sent to my address as i would be making the payment monthly and my step daughter would make her payment to me. (that way i could be assured of no late payments,and keeping my 800 point credit rating intact).
I was assured by the customer service rep handling my application that this was all possible and it would be exactly as i asked. I purchased her a computer, printer & software for her courses. this all totaled up to 900.00. she left for college soon after that and thats when the trouble began. i never recieved a card, as she soon called in and switched herself to the primary on the account,cancelled my card, and had the mail rerouted to her. She failed to make her payments thus sticking me with the bill. i contacted best buy to find out how this was possible and they told me that all my original demands on the card was not possible. their rep would never tell me that and pretty much told me i was either mistaken or lying. i was outraged, i ended up paying the card off and closing the account. 5 months later i got a notice from my credit bureau that my credit score had dropped 10 points due to a credit card of mine being maxed out. i looked into the situation to find that the card was the best buy card i has cancelled 5 months eariler. i called best buy and found out it had never been cancelled andi n fact my step daughter had made recent purchases maxing out the 1800.00 limit. i was furious, i demanded this be considered fraud and best buy did nothing to assist me in any way. it was like dealing with monkeys. finally after days of arguing with them they agreed to close the account. so they offered the step daughter a new account and closed the joint account. i soon found out that the 1800.00 in purchases were not transferred to her new card but left as an outstanding debt on me. i tried for 12 months to have this fixed to no avail. i finally had to pay this card off a second time. I proceeded to file suit in small claims court to get my money back. when i contacted best buy to have all the documents sent to me so i could prove my case, they told me they could not disclose that information to Me because i was not the primary on the account. I have never in my life seen incompetence from a company like i did here. it was absolutely unlawful what they did and offered no assistance to rectify any of their wrong. i will never again do business with this company it was like being in a twilight zone episode. I could go on and on with how little support they offered, once i payed off the balance they no longer wanted discuss the matter even getting rude and hanging up on me. I will never again conduct any buisness with best buy. gerald skillman.

This review was modified by geraldskillman on January 11 2016 09:19:25 AM

2016-01-10

""BUYER BEWARE'

I purchased an ASUS Laptop that was on sale. Apparently, I thought I was purchasing a warranty voluntarily. When I went to cancel these payments from coming off my credit card they told me that in order to get the price that I did on the computer "I HAD TO PAY FOR THE WARRANTY". I was definitely not informed of this. As I was told by my credit card company..... "It is near impossible to get the payments that they take cancelled. When I spoke with a guy, ROB, with Best Buy Warranty he told me that the best that could happen is that I pay out the warranty $400.00. If I cancel my credit card they will try to take it off another credit card.

I put my computer in to get fixed and they sent it back not fixed because the payment had not gone through but a day or so later....lo and behold...there goes the payment off my credit card.

Make sure to ask all the questions. The sales person led me to believe I was paying for something to protect my computer and that it could be cancelled at any time. That sure was a joke. I think that best buy is the biggest RIP OFF EVER!! THEY WANT YOUR MONEY BUT DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING FOR IT!!

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!