Stores > Best Buy

Customer service: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.34/10 2.34/10

2016-06-28

careful what you believe

"I bought a high rated computer from Best Buy, they said it was 'unsecured' so I bought their Webroot antivirus, for a 2 year deal the cost was 97 dollars, 50 for 2 years and 47 for the software...when I started the computer I noticed that McAfee was already installed...went back and both the returns person and manager attacked McAfee as a second rate antivirus and wouldn't refund the Webroot...they claimed the Webroot was rated much better. Later I returned and talked to another manager, he agreed that I had bought their antivirus after being misinformed but still raved about theirs and said I should use it. So, I downloaded it and noticed the computer seemed to be working harder to function. I then did what I should have done before, check the ratings of PC magazine, both McAfee and Webroot were rated high and exactly the same, but I could tell that McAfee was working better on my machine, so in the morning I reinstalled McAfee..., I went back a third time and found the right person, the boss, he gave me the refund gladly even when I wasn't expecting it now,,,so I feel satisfied, glad I stayed calm and kept at it until the issue was resolved. Just don't want anyone else to go through this, as they are too eager to upsell their virus protector product."

This review was modified by sandrin on June 28 2016 11:53:31 PM

2016-06-01

BestBuy is a pathetic joke! Avoid at all costs!

"So far I have been waiting for over a week for my in-store pick up to be available. Nobody has any information as to when my order will be ready. The clowns at Bestbuy did not even contact me when they missed the original pick-up date.
The customer service reps are arrogant and clueless, acting like they are doing customers a favor.
Unless you want unnecessary aggravation avoid bestbuy!!
Buy from amazon, they almost never miss the delivery date and are much more reliable than these clowns.

This review was modified by mememe123 on June 01 2016 09:50:20 AM

2016-05-22

A great experience!

"I ordered the Beelink X2 Android TV box from Gearbest, and the package arrived about 3 weeks later. The delivery time was known to me at time of purchase, so this is fine. Despite the very low price of the TV box, I am very pleased with it. It works like a charm and came with a great movie theater app already installed, together with a few other apps. As it is Android, I can also download any app from Google Play. All in all a great experience shopping at Gearbest, and also a great product."

2016-05-19

SOLD ME FAULTY GOODS

"i bought a pyle PLTS78DUB from best buy while on holiday purchase date 14/04/2016 when we arrived home back in the uk i took the unit to be fitted and the fitter found that it was faulty as it kept blowing fuses ..(LOOKS LIKE AN OLD UNIT IN THE BOX)
many phone calls and passed from dept to dept even sent emails only to be told "GET IN TOUCH WITH THE MANUFACTURER" which we did and to return the faulty unit would be just over double what we paid for it..
i will buy from them ever again ...my son wanted a new go-pro while we where there and i am so glad i did not buy it for him.(we got one back in the uk).
i found i got a lot better service in WALLMART than best buy..

This review was modified by silverastro on May 19 2016 02:31:12 AM

2016-05-18

Prices higher than Walmart, but no more expertise

"Avoid at all costs. The supposed expertise in electronics is a farce: they can sell it, but when they send out for service, all bets are off: my defective (Lenovo) computer was replaced on warranty -- but with all the programs and data stripped. They offered to move the data for $200. I was to buy all my programs again. For this kind of service, buy at Sam's or Walmart."

This review was modified by johnagar on May 18 2016 01:53:05 PM

2016-05-15

Horrible

"I went to the mp3 section and There was a Shirtless guy there and no one was helping me. They kept talking even when I asked for help. It got better when I went downstairs and this really nice women name Jessica helped me . The website is confusing and also calling them is a pain . If you're going to the best buy in kingplaza ask for Jessica she's really nice and fast ."

This review was modified by Vickyblass on May 15 2016 06:49:56 PM

2016-05-13

Burn me once...but burn me twice ...worst store ever!

"Never again will i shop at ant best buy and i will make sure nobody i know shops there either dont buy their protection plan you will get robbed it is setup so that you purchase the plan but wont fix anything that goes wrong you'd think I'd lurn the first time geek squad got me again and also got new buy ine get one galaxy S7 threw Verizon they burned me on the get one the employee messed up spoke with the manager he apologized gave us the money back for our phone case's witch was 80$ but it doesn't make up for the 700$ phone dont be fooled ill never go back plenty of other places to shop!!!"

This review was modified by Kevinferguson536 on May 13 2016 09:07:17 AM

2016-05-11

Fake advertising!!!

"Several tablets displayed at the store located at Davenport, Fl. But Nothing available, except for the Samsung brand products. Price displayed was not the same when I asked to an associate to order a tablet online. The associate said that their own brand was returned several times. Don't waste your time with this store. "

This review was modified by Jelitza on May 11 2016 01:31:29 PM

2016-05-03

Broken Samsung UHD TV

"I was given a Samsung UHD TV that had been ordered online and shipped from Best Buy. I just removed the TV from the box yesterday and found that it is physically damaged. The screen is coming out from behind the black plastic edge on one side. Because of this, the screen is slightly bent and there are lines on the screen. Because it was bought as a gift and not opened immediately, Best Buy will not replace or fix the TV despite the fact that it was broken when delivered. I would give 0 stars if possible, their return policy is awful. "

This review was modified by MichaelC8555 on May 03 2016 02:27:17 PM

2016-04-13

happy customer

"addy was awesome, thanks for the help"

2016-03-30

Great product -bad advertising

"I was horrified that the website stated that recycling my TV could be arranged, and then once I ordered the new TV, Best Buy would not arrange pickup/recycling. So this really feels like false advertising. One of the main benefits for choosing Best Buy was the relief of having my TV recycled.

I was also frustrated that the website mentioned that the delivery people would call the day before to estimate around what time they might come, and because Best Buy had arranged Purolator, there was no call and therefore I needed to arrange to stay home the whole day.
I really hope Best Buy will clarify its delivery policy so that consumers are not misled.

p.s. I am very happy with the TV I ordered.

This review was modified by sjjjjjjj on March 30 2016 07:12:56 AM

2016-03-18

Best Buy Review

"Never had one single problem! Maybe some of these reviewers should learn how to communicate with people who are working very hard and getting paid very little?"

2016-03-17

Couldn't even purchase the item

"Amazingly bad website. My grandmother could make a better website, seriously. I first had trouble adding what I wanted to my cart because I did not distinguish right away what was an online-only item and what was an in-store pickup item.

I thought the sole purpose of an e-commerce website was to purchase online and have it delivered. If I wanted to pick it up at the store, I would go and pick it up at the store! I wouldn't want to waste my time on the website.

The website doesn't seem to want you to purchase online and have it delivered. Its like they rather have you come to the store. I'm sorry, but it is 2016, people don't want to take the time to stop at a store, they want it delivered! Why isn't this the number one goal of the website?

If Best Buy claims that that is the goal, then they really need to step up their game. It really isn't that hard to make a good website. I couldn't even enter in my address when checking out. Thats when I threw up my hands and gave up.

The only reason I am going through Best Buy is because I have a gift card. Otherwise, I would have already gotten my item from Amazon a long time ago. Are you reading this Best Buy? AMAZON! Get your @#$% together. It's 2016.

This review was modified by walfredpjenkins on March 17 2016 01:38:35 PM

2016-03-09

Sold me a broken laptop

"I recently bought a lap top mostly to work on simple projects that required Microsoft Works, Power Point, and Excel. The very first time I used the internet, about 3 weeks later, the browser was not working. It would automatically disconnect and close the browser which its so irritating. I took it to Best Buy where I had bought it and told me they couldnt help me since the date of purchased it was passed 15 days. I claimed it wasnt my fault, Ive never used the internet and the time I decide to it wasnt working so now I have a lap top that doesnt get internet. I'll never ever go to Best Buy no more, worst experience and theyre not cheap. "

This review was modified by josep17 on March 09 2016 06:26:34 PM

2016-03-09

Horrible first experience!!!!

"My husband and I purchased a geek quad certified computer open box online and has it delivered to our house. It came on a Friday. We hadnt purchased a desk for it so when we did we open the box up on Sunday to set it up. We plugged it in and NOTHING!!! "Just one moment" is all we saw for over 24 HOURS!!! Monday morning it still said the same thing. So while at work, after waiting on hold for over 25 minutes, I called best buy to explain everything and was told to take it to the store. We took it to the Brandon Best Buy. Entering the door we were directed to geek squad where they told us if we didnt purchase the geek squad warranty we needed to pay $40/$50 for them to check it out to see whats wrong with it. HELLO!! we purchased the computer 2 days ago! It was suppose to be geek squad certified already and the damn computer didnt do anything after just plugging it in. We werent going to give away anymore money for a computer that we just purchased and wasnt working. We then was instructed to go to customer service to return it since its in the 15 days time frame. The cashier Cameron was no help at all. We asked him if this was common. He didnt know. We asked can we swap it out for the same computer? His response "I dont know thats up to you."We then asked do you have another one like this. His response "I dont know go over to computers and see" He was soo rude with it! Then after going to the computer section to see if there was another computer, we met Allen the sales guy who was sooo sweet with excellent customer service! We told him what we just experienced and he got with a manager Stephan where they got us a great deal on the same computer but NEW!!! They didnt have another open box, and honestly I wouldnt recommend after going through this. Although we ended up paying more money than expected, we still got a great price on a new one and they were very apologetic about the other teams bad customer service. This was our first time buying anything from Best Buy but this experience will keep us from going back. Allen thank you for being a great person and doing your job. We really did appreciate it. Cameron needs to not work in customer service because he has none what so ever!!!! "

This review was modified by QuuenB on March 09 2016 04:58:55 AM

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!