Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.71/10 1.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.05/10 2.05/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.90/10 1.90/10
Voice your opinion! Review Best Buy by clicking a star below.
2017-08-21

Inappropriate sales people

"I bought what looked like a very nice chair online. It was not available in the store and required assembly. The product turned out to be defective. There were tiny punctures in the bonded leather and the silver finish was missing in areas. While trying to put it together, I would have said that it was designed to be impossible to put together. Some screw holes were actually under the bonded leather and askew making assembly impossible. So, I called Best Buy to see what they could do. They could send someone out to "put it together" for $100 or I could tote it back to the store for a refund. While at the store (returning the product) the woman at the counter just grinned and grinned. The angrier I got the more she grinned and nodded. Finally a manager came over and explained that she was nervous and that was why she had the stupid vacant grin. Clearly, Bestbuy does not stand behind their products - although the woman continued to stand behind the manager grinning and nodding.
The point is that they make no effort to instill or encourage customer satisfaction. They have the nerve to explain their $100 charge by stating that "time is money", yet they unapologetically waste the customer's time.

2017-08-20

Sales people do not understand their job.

"I'll start with Christmas last year I had bought the PlayStation 3D goggles your salesperson informed me that they were Wireless of course when I open them they're not so I returned them because they were not what I wanted he should have explained to me they don't make those yet so there is a sale lost and an unhappy customer next would be today August 20th 2017 my wife and I buy a new Samsung tablet S2 I specifically asked does it have a fast charger I was specifically told yes come to find out it doesn't also I find out it doesn't work on 5 gigahertz internet none of this was ever expressed to me in any way when I asked the question I was told of course again lost another sale had to bring it back don't know why I would come back to shop there your folks do not know what they're selling."

2017-08-16

Good

"Ignore my prior review. Best Buy made it right."

2017-08-08

Liars!

"Bought a phone online, picked it up in the store, couldn't get it activated, was promised a free return shipping label to return old phone to sprint, that was a lie! Shannon at there mobile customer service 877 702 2211 was rude and not helpful at all! "

2017-08-06

Store Pickup NOT READY in 1 Hour

"Best Buy wants you to believe that you can place an online order, and have it ready for store pickup in 1 hour. Totally NOT TRUE. I placed an order online for store pickup. 3 hours later, my order was NOT READY for pickup. Their customer service was useless, and I wasted another 20 minutes on the phone only to be told I have to continue to wait until my order is ready for pickup. Needless to say, I cancelled my order and gladly purchased elsewhere. I hate Best Buy and can only hope that they go out of business."

2017-08-06

Crooked customer service

"Recently I returned a gaming desktop cyberpower computer. They replaced it with one that had been returned by someone else. It would not work at all . They acted like it was my fault. They told me my only option was to have that one repaired or accept a standard computer with an installed graphics card. Or a store credit. They told so many lies. They sell used merchandise as new. Honestly I don't know how they stay in business. Watch out if you purchase anything from Best Buy, don't expect anything."

Bestbuy is complete trash

"Brought a computer that came with a defected harddrive, it failed after about a month but because of BB **** 15 day return policy they wouldn't exchange it. Instead they ship it out to get it fixed, it comes back broken still. The harddrive is again the problem. Repeat 3 times and they just don't give a ****. HP replaced it for me after. "

Worst Buy Experience

"Bought Samsung Galaxy 8+ with $300 on gift card and pay the rest in credit card. Bestbuy cancel my order saying they cannot charged money on my credit card but only credited my gift card bsck $100. Called their customer service and dhe said the $200 gift card will be mailed and delivered within 20 days. After 10 days nothing in thw mail no mail tracking number provided. Call customer service again and waited an hour, still waiting while I write this review."

best buy is awful

"the customer service is awful and the return policy is the worst I have ever seen you have to spend so much money to get a return policy. I will never purchase at best buy ever again. Best buy is awful"

2017-08-03

Cancelled the order at the last minute

"I purchased a surround sound system as a gift. I made the purchase well in time for the event to gift the system. Best Buy cancelled the order at the last minute. I ended up having to go in the store and pay more for the now off sale item. "

2017-08-03

Reward Points

"I always liked BestBuy, personally I have never had issues with customer service or any products that I bough from there. However, I bought appliances last October and they explained that if I paid my bill in less than a month I would get 5% back, which I though is great idea and I paid my bill in less than a month. However, in November I called BestBuy and asked them about my money back, they said I have to look out for an email, so I waited, and waited January came around the corner I still haven't seen any email about my money back. Half year later I decide to go in the store to finally speak to customer service about my money that they promised, to find out that my what so called "reward money back" is expired. I never received an email or a warning that this money only last one month, I never seen any notifications or emails about it. This will be the last time I will be doing business with this store! This whole rewards 5% back is a rip off. They never let you know about the money you receive or the fact that you only have a limited of time to spend it. "

2017-07-28

Real Bad Experience for an Easy Order

"I had a very bad experience even though this was a very simple purchase. With the Best Buy credit card I signed up for/got approved for the day before, I ordered a computer monitor and a computer tower for in-store pickup on 7/24 in the afternoon. I got the confirmation email and checked the balance of the credit card via telephone afterwards, and it said the remaining balance was what it should be after the amount of the purchase was taken out, so the payment clearly went through. With store pickups, it says they would send another email when it was ready to be picked up, which was supposed to be at least an hour after my order was confirmed/placed. I didn't receive that email after an hour, then two hours, then three hours, so I called the store I was going to be picking the items up from and they said I didn't get the email probably because of their system since it was acting up and they said it should be emailed by the next day: so that was fine, I could wait. The next morning I end up receiving two emails, one for each item I purchased, saying they are ready to be picked up. An hour later, I thankfully haven't left yet because I receive an email saying "ACTION REQUIRED within 24 Hours: Unable to Process Your Best Buy Order", and in it it says that my payment method couldn't go through... so, my items are ready to be picked up, yet my payment can't go through? How could this be since I checked the balance on the phone and it says the amount was taken out of the credit car?. So, here comes the string of calls I made with both the Best Buy and the Best Buy credit card hotlines, on and off for 3 hours on 7/25. No one seemed to have a direct answer for me at first, then one person said the amount of the purchase was approved by Best Buy but not by Citibank, the bank behind the Best Buy credit card. But that just made more questions pop up. So, I have dealt with the Best Buy credit card hotline and they didnt exactly help with this problem as much as I had hoped. After the countless calls, I find out that apparently there is a "failed authorization" involving my Best Buy credit card. The people on this Best Buy credit card hotline said my phone number is not directly under my name, (I'm 20 years old so my phone is still under my mother's name, as is all of my family is under her name), and because of that they can't fully authorize the purchase and the use of the credit card relating to me. This is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard especially since I gave them my full name, social security number, and other personal information to prove that it was me. Why is a cell phone more credible than a social security number? So as a "solution", they said they will be sending me a letter in the mail, which will take 7-10 days to reach me, regarding my "authorization", and when I get the letter, I should call them back to prove that I'm behind the credit card. And the BEST thing about this is that in that email I received an hour after they said my purchases were available to picked up, it said I only have 24 hours to solve this payment method situation or they will cancel my order. Of course the next day, because I physically cannot do anything to help this situation until I get the ridiculous "authorization" letter in the mail in another week, my order was canceled by Best Buy and now there's a possibility that I may not actually be able to get the product because there aren't many left. Another FANTASTIC thing that I mentioned before is that they actually took the money out of my credit card and STILL said that my payment method was not authorized. Ridiculous. So now I have to wait a couple more days until the amount of the purchase is returned to my card, I also have to wait another week or so until the ridiculous "authorization" comes in the mail, and by then I'll probably have the physical credit card too. Overall, this is an absolutely ridiculous situation. I literally just tried to purchase two items, got confirmed for them, was told that I could pick them up THEN was told an HOUR later that "never mind! You can't because of an invalid purchase method yet we still took that amount out of your credit card anyway!" Nobody has truly been any help. I expect better than this from a technology-based store."

2017-07-23

Best Buy No More- Phillipines phone bank is nightmare

"I just went through hell making another online purchase from Best Buy. Customer service is a joke. I have been charged twice for an order and the operators in the Phillipines are terrible, cannot understand their thick accents and do not have up chain of command. I repeatedly asked to speak to supervisor and apparently there is no supervisor in Phillipines operator bank. I won't ever make another purchase at Best Buy. Operator service is so terrible I wonder how properly they even vetted operators. Probably ISIS cels working in operator bank waiting to steal credit card info. Horribly organized totally unequipped for solving my problem of being charged twice. Staff at store cannot help. Their hands are tied as well. "

2017-07-23

Telephone Customer Service is TERRIBLE

"I have purchased a service contract with "Geek Squad" since 2013 and typically I get a notice or a warning to renew it before it expires with just a click on my computer. Not this time. I was not able to purchase plan on line so I called their Customer Service Number at 866-54-085. Was on hold before I got a rep, and she sounded like she was 15 years old and insecure of her response. Lindsay told me since the old plan expired, I needed to buy a new one for twice as much for the same coverage. Price went up from $99 per year to $199. Mind you I only used them 3 times a year for tune up.

I was on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor for 60 minutes. Transferred three times and have yet to speak with a supervisor that can tell me why an old customer has to pay twice as much for the same plan?

I am very disgusted with the service I received today and will not go back to Best Buy!

2017-07-17

pathetic customer service

"Projector would not sync with Mac. Because we had it over 30 days they said its our problem. Never be purchasing anything from them again. "

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!