Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.13/10 2.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.88/10 2.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.69/10 1.69/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.93/10 2.93/10
Voice your opinion! Review Best Buy by clicking a star below.
2017-04-26

Customer service

"Went to the BestBuy store and fellow at front door wouldn't ask if I needed anything or direct me in the store. I had to ask for help in locating security cameras. He was too busy reading a circular I guess. He told me to look on the back wall. I was unable to located the items or a sales clerk. Only seemed like a few sales clerks and they were busy. Went back to the individual at the front door who by that time was talking to a young girl I guess he was trying to impress. Don't know if it was a friend of his or just a young lady he was joking with. Couldn't wait for a long time so left. Went to a different store where service was extremely much better."

2017-04-22

Customer Service

"I ordered an appliance four weeks prior to when it was to be delivered & installed. The sales person checked the inventory to make sure it would be there.Three days before scheduled install, they sent me a e-mail stating everything was a go. The afternoon before istall, they called to tell me they didn't have it and I would have to wait three more weeks for it to be available. On two other appliances, they gave me a window (4 Hr) for delivery and install. They didn't show. After much discussion with a Geek squad supervisor, they gave a new time for items to be installed. This time, they showed up but when testing the dishwasher water went everywhere.
I would not recommend using the delivery and installation feature of Best Buy.

2017-04-21

Unprofessional delivery and customer service

"Galaxy s8 phone was advertised to arrive on 4/21/2017. I made 4 phone calls to Best Buy in the last 3 days, wondering why I hadn't gotten an email with shipping information.
Was assured in first 2 phone calls that phone would arrive on 4/21. Charlotte said she would be "my new best friend" and that phone was being processed in a store in Winston-Salem, NC, and should arrive on 4/21. Since I live in Louisiana that location didn't make much sense, but does Best Buy make sense?
Then late on 4/20 I got tracking information that showed the phone was coming by UPS ground from 780 miles away? Two more phone calls inquiring whether I should stay home on 4/21 to sign for the phone (required to prove it got here). Supervisor Chandler said "it might arrive 4/21". He also said that Best Buy's contract with UPS doesn't permit overnight air shipments, only one day, which with processing will never be the "next" day. He was also unwilling to make any other adjustments, such as have me pick up a phone at my local Best Buy store, stating that once a shipment is made there is nothing Best Buy can do. I had heard that from Best Buy in the past and should have been smart enough not to order online from them again.
So long story short, I stayed home today (4/21). Looking up the UPS tracking info, my phone left Charlotte, NC at 9 AM this morning.
So I get to stay home again on Monday (4/24) to sign for a phone.
Obviously Best Buy doesn't care that it cost me 2 days of my life, only that they follow their own unbending procedures.
So moral of the story for me is that I should have scheduled this phone for pickup in my local store, and don't trust Best Buy.com for an order delivery time.

2017-04-20

Technology "experts" who are NOT

"The Store Locator service has been ineffective and needlessly time-consuming for a long time, but the straw for me today (April 20, 2017) was an email notification (sent at 12:51 PM) that the item I ordered online was "Ready to Pick Up", and "Exciting news, William. It's time to pick up your order".
Exciting? But wait! There's more! It is NOT ready. "AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP FRI 04/21" (tomorrow). I phoned the store and went through the automated answering procedure until I was given an option to check order status. I tried that. NO! The machine couldn't find my order. So I waited until the machine gave me a human. She told me the system didn't really mean it was ready to pick up, only that the system was contemplating releasing it. (joke) Actually, she said that no orders would be released until tomorrow, the 21st, and other people had phoned the store to make the same inquiry - 'Is my order ready for pick up or not?' The last people I would call to my house for computer assistance, or any technical assistance, or allow to work on any equipment of mine in the store, is the Geek Squad. If they are half as dumb as their web master and their inventory control nitwit, they are dangerous.

2017-04-15

Unprofessional

"I went to buy a car stereo and had to wait for someone to help, only to settle for someone who admittedly knew nothing about the products. I can read from a box! Then, at the installation, I was told of features that weren't available and extra costs. Add to this a condescending attitude from the service desk and I can't say that it was a good experience. The problem with having kids run a store is that they know nothing about customer service."

2017-04-12

Horrible phone service

"I had the worst experience on the phone wanted a question answered and was transfered 4 times and on hold for over 10 min. It is a horrible process to even get a live person on the phone"

2017-04-05

Dead mouse, never recievd one that worked :-(

"Worst people to deal with EVER. Had a 3 year warranty had nothing but problems trying to replace a broken mouse for my iMac. Weeks later I still have no mouse! They said would ship 2 different times. Wheres my mouse Best buy???? DO NOT Deal with Bestbuy go someplace else. A waste of $254. of a warranty that I never used! They do not know what they are doing!"

2017-04-05

"I ordered a tablet online and when I received it the box was ripped open and the tablet was removed and the shipping box was taped back up. I immediately called Best Buy to tell them and the rep had no issue ordering a new one for me and I asked to have it shipped to the nearest store instead so I could open it in front of an employee, she sent it via one day shipping. The next day I received a confirmation email saying it had been delivered and signed for by Best Buy. I went to the store and the associate told me because I hadn't received a "ready for pick up" email it wasn't ready and I should have it tomorrow. I called the store the next day (Friday) and he told me to keep waiting for that email and that it could take a few more days. I called the 800 number and the guy confirmed it was received by the store but apparently not processed through their system yet, when I asked for a timeframe it said it was the stores discretion. I called this morning (Wednesday) and the rep told me the first rep sent it incorrectly and her supervisor denied a second REorder and they need to complete an investigation before I can be refunded (up to 48 hours). I don't understand why the store wouldn't have it if it was delivered to the stores address and signed for by an employee?? I've never had this much trouble ordering something online and I don't plan on ordering from Best Buy again. "

2017-03-27

Worst customer service ever

"Bought a new refrigerator was supposed to be delivered 2 weeks after we purchased it. Delivery guy called 4 times to say they were running late and the 5th call said it wasn't on the truck and we would have to reschedule. Called store we purchased from and they said they couldn't reschedule it for us because it showed it was in transit and they would have someone from corporate call to reschedule. Lady from corporate called and left a message saying she would call back with a date for delivery in about an hour. Needless to say she never called back, we called 3 times and she was never "available' to talk to us. Finally called corporate headquarters and had them cancel everything and refund our money. We will never shop at Best Buy again!! "

2017-03-23

Nick the General Manager should be ashamed of himself!

"where to begin. Best Buy just lost a life long customer that has an average yearly spend of over $7500 and because I am a Platinum elite rewards member I have 45 days to return merchandise, and I will be returning every item I have that falls into that window. this is all because 0f two very nasty people one named Ryan who should not be a salesman and the other being nick the stores GM. Both were beyond rude for no reason but for the fact that I asked salesman Ryan if he could call his manager over as a severely damaged open box PC that was almost two years old was being sold for what I thought and all the other sites that I looked up it new value on agreed was about 200 over market value. Ryan once I broke him away from his frat party in the middle of the store, told me that he would not get the manager or help me find another unit as I had dared to question a price, and then walked away. I went to the customer service desk and got the GM Nick's Name and called him on the way back to work where I was told in no uncertain terms that he runs his store with the only goal being profit margin, and that he could careless about trying to work out a compromise with the customer. when I asked if he cares about my business at all, his response was that he is talking to me on the phone and that is good enough. I asked if he understood what a customer life time value was and how hard it is to first attract a good customer and then keep him... this all went over his head it seemed like. maybe you lose a few dollars in margin on the sale of the damaged PC that will probably sit for weeks if not months, he also lost the sales of all the full priced items I had bought in the last 45 days as they will all be getting returned to the store. I as well asked Nick if this was corporate policy, his response...I don't think so, but its my call and I can spin this story as I please. I called Best Buy the Next day and reported the incident, they pulled up my shopping habits and offered me a 50 dollar gift certificate. I told them to give that to the needy, I want to be treated with respect when I am spending a lot of money at an establishment, and I would not shop there until nick is removed from his position or calls me to apologize for his arrogant and abhorrent behavior. I will be going most likely back to Best Buy today to return more items I hope to have a chat with nick face to face, but unfortunately best buy does not incentivize their store employees to make sales it would seem. in the past I have had other expriences like that there but they always involved fly by night salespeople who I don't expect to be helpful: however any employee when asked if he could page a manager and flatly says no, Is someone who should not work for a store that has spent many years being customer centric. I hope you read this Best Buy and take the appropriate actions to rectify them and offering me 50 dollars is not one of them. all I wanted was a fair price not a bargain or anything of the like. $30 dollars has cost the store now already $900 in retunred items which will likely grow, they have also lost my future cash flows, and I have told at minimum 25 people my story since last Friday and two individuals who were going to buy large ticket items went to Best Buys competitors as they neither wanted any part of this poorly run store. this is not to mention that the place is always filthy.

2017-03-21

Great Customer Service

"I had a problem with my purchase of a computer at Best Buy, 4020 S Tamiami Trail in Sarasota. I made an appointment with the geek squad and brought my computer in. Mick with the Geek Squad took time to detect the problem and actually replaced the defective computer with another unit. The manager Daniel was also very helpful. I am so happy that this store stands behind its products and works to resolve problems. With great customer service and after sale service, I really can shop with confidence at this store."

2017-03-21

Great Insaller

"I 1st tried to get my install done at the Sarasota store on US41. I dropped my car off at 10AM and was told that it might take 3-4HRS around 5pm I felt like something was wrong so I went to the store. The installer Joe was gone and only my power wire for my amp was run. I was very upset about this for several reasons 1. I didn't get a call and 2. I waited a week to get this installed. The manager Mark at the Sarasota FL store was really helpful he was able to get me in within the next few days at the Bradenton store. The installer Israel was just great this guy is a true asset to Best Buy and should be given a raise. I would really like it if manager Mark and installer Israel are recognized. I will be following up with both of them because they really are true assets to Best Buy!!! If you have any other questions please feel free to give me a call at 410-253-1097

Thanks,
Brian Frankel
410-253-1097

2017-03-18

BEST BUY: Pathetic Customer Service

" Customer Service is pathetic. Placed order on line which came with a $20.00 gift.
- Never received notification by e-mail that item was ready to pick up as stated on order placed on line.
- Store confirmed that above issue was recurrent
- Learned later that the $ 20.00 gift was for specific for website "shutterfly.com" that required a code sent by e-mail.
- After several telephone calls was given code.
- Any meaningful item at shutterfly.com cost more than $20.00 including shipping
- Code was not valid at shutterfly.com
- Deceptive marketing ploy
- Big mistake ordering from BestBuy
- That did it for me with Worse Buy I mean best buy.

G Laurens

2017-03-17

No System to Provide Service

"I purchased a LG150 watch from Best Buy in September and it stopped working in December. I have just moved so I didn't have my paperwork with me. When I called the Help Desk, they couldn't find my service contract. I gave them the date, amount, and the name of the store. They said they had no record of the purchase. I checked my credit card company and it said Big Buy Santa Maria. I called them back and they said they had no idea about this and couldn't find the transaction. However, I have the watch, the memory that I did it, and the charge against my credit card. They said if I drove back to Santa Maria (5 hour drive) they could swipe my credit card and perhaps find it. While I may do it, it does point to crappy systems and miserable customer support. To think that they don't even have accurate computer systems with the ability to search for warranties by customer name, date of purchase, etc. is unbelieveable to me."

2017-03-15

Best Buy is Worst Buy!

"I purchased a Lenova Flex 4 Ideapad laptop on February 13, 2017 at the Best Buy location in Springdale, Ohio ; tri county location. After 28 days the laptop stopped working. When I went back to the store where I purchased it to ask them if there was anything that they could do since it was new and less than 30 days old, I was told how much they would charge to repair it(at least $100) and what kind of warranty plans I could buy. I didn't press the matter with the employee but called back to speak with a manager at the location. The person that answered the phone asked why I was calling and then went to get the manager. The manager never came to the phone but instructed the person to tell me what it would cost to repair, that I could buy an extended warranty or try sending it to the manufacturer who he said would likely do nothing since they cover hardware and mine was a software issue. The next day i was able to locate a small company listed online that came to my home and restored the operating system all for just $40 total. Best Buy displayed not only terrible service but little regard for it's customer when it advertises to offer great service. I spent $400 on their product and less than 30 days later they showed no regard for me as a customer or interest in standing behind a product they sold to me. The company that repaired my laptop, Computer Works demonstrated great service and an interest in taking care of a customer unlike BEST BUY!"

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!