Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.59/10 1.59/10
Voice your opinion! Review Best Buy by clicking a star below.
2017-07-23

Best Buy No More- Phillipines phone bank is nightmare

"I just went through hell making another online purchase from Best Buy. Customer service is a joke. I have been charged twice for an order and the operators in the Phillipines are terrible, cannot understand their thick accents and do not have up chain of command. I repeatedly asked to speak to supervisor and apparently there is no supervisor in Phillipines operator bank. I won't ever make another purchase at Best Buy. Operator service is so terrible I wonder how properly they even vetted operators. Probably ISIS cels working in operator bank waiting to steal credit card info. Horribly organized totally unequipped for solving my problem of being charged twice. Staff at store cannot help. Their hands are tied as well. "

2017-07-23

Telephone Customer Service is TERRIBLE

"I have purchased a service contract with "Geek Squad" since 2013 and typically I get a notice or a warning to renew it before it expires with just a click on my computer. Not this time. I was not able to purchase plan on line so I called their Customer Service Number at 866-54-085. Was on hold before I got a rep, and she sounded like she was 15 years old and insecure of her response. Lindsay told me since the old plan expired, I needed to buy a new one for twice as much for the same coverage. Price went up from $99 per year to $199. Mind you I only used them 3 times a year for tune up.

I was on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor for 60 minutes. Transferred three times and have yet to speak with a supervisor that can tell me why an old customer has to pay twice as much for the same plan?

I am very disgusted with the service I received today and will not go back to Best Buy!

2017-07-17

pathetic customer service

"Projector would not sync with Mac. Because we had it over 30 days they said its our problem. Never be purchasing anything from them again. "

2017-07-15

Geek Squad & Best Buy - Why shop there?

"This is more of a Geek Squad Review. But does touch on Best Buy's customer service philosophy.

I was looking forward to having my newly purchased Sony XBR55X900E TV installed today. But it was not to be. Upon my Geek Squad Tech arriving, I showed him where the XBR55X900e would be mounted. As well, I showed him the brand new, never used full motion wall mount I purchased elsewhere. Without any effort to inspect the mount or exploring how the mount attaches to the wall, He dismissed my mount as "unsafe" even though it is rated for 55" TV's up to 89 pounds, and sold by a major retailer. The Tech did offer to sell me a different wall mount off his truck, a proposition that I found distasteful. Interestingly, BestBuy offers many similar mounts with identical attachment hardware. The attitude conveyed is if ‘you don't buy my TV wall mount, you don't get your TV installed’.

One positive comment for the Tech, was he remained courteous throughout our brief encounter. While the discouraging downside is the overall impression conveyed that he was more interested (as it turned out, the impression affirmed by the BB manager as well) in refunding the transaction. In fact, the attitude was rather cavalier, more so - we would prefer to refund rather than satisfy a customer. When asked for the name of the Tech’s managers, I was informed that the Tech currently does not have a manager, or any other supervision. He did volunteer that a colleague was filling the role until a manager is hired.

The broader downside (which BB is eager to explore) is to ignore the impact of poor service on future sales. In my case, I was planning to replace all my appliances via Best Buy. My decision is largely influenced by the conduct of my sales representative as well as my overall in store experience. That said, given the rather lack luster service side of the transaction, accompanied by the clear implication that my business is not valued, and dismiss-able, I will shop elsewhere.

Curious that BB with the assistance of Geek Squad is more eager to step towards retail oblivion than extend even a modest effort to resolve a problem.

2017-07-13

Don't ask, don't expect an answer or a courteous explanation

"Whether in person or on the phone, Best Buy employees do not offer a service. At the store I once waited for over 40 minutes. One person says this is with another representative, I'm going to call him. Oh, he has come yet? (30 minutes later) then he comes, a rude person comes right in and pass everybody else and he answers him knowing that there were people in line waiting for him. Here is the experience on the phone: "Hi, I need to know if you have a specific cable for the purpose of..." "What kind of cable would that be?" asked me the representative and I replied, "I was hoping you could tell me" she says she is going to research and comes back telling me her computer is slow to wait, then comes back and tells me that should be a USB cable and I replied, "Yes, that is what I told you but I need to know if you have this specific kind of USB cable." and she says again "What kind of cable you're referring to?" Half way sleeping or drowse she continues on those circles and I bring back her attention and she then says "you need to speak with the Geek squad" and she transfers me to an impossible recording, some of the words ininteligle, finally I was able to break through and out of that very inefficient recording, speak with someone, perhaps from India who tells me that I need to speak with 'parts'. It seems that I'm finally getting somewhere but No. However, at least the representative show interest and tried to be helpful but send me again to the cycle of calling the store. I explained I've done that...so she suggested to call the manufacturer, which I'm going to do, even though I thought this should be an easy cable to find. I'll find out soon whether it is easy to find or not but this call should have been handled in minutes if best buy representatives cared. Oh, well."

2017-07-13

Below average service .

"Delivery failure no show!

2017-07-12

Uncaring sales people

"Yes, the prices are low, sometimes lower than B&H. I've been buying from BB over 20 years, and have never had such a bad experience when I bought a cell phone. What a mess!
1st, the young lady at pickup register neglected to scan the bar code on the box. Thus, I could not activate the phone. Had to return to BB twice. The Customer Service lady sent me to the Mobile Station, who stated because it was a prepaid phone I ordered from the website, he could not help me.
Went back to CS, the girl took the box went over to MS, talked for a while, supervisor came over, more BS; finally the CS girl scanned all the codes, and called it an exchange. She claimed the activation will now work.

2017-07-03

Horrible customer service from Best Buy!

"Do not buy anything on line from Best Buy! They put things on a huge backorder and then don't know how to cancel the order if the backorder date is beyond what works for you. Huge long wait times when you call in and then the "customer service" agents are apparently working with the same dumb computer system and cannot cancel the order. "Just wait, and eventually the computer system will update" is all they can tell you. And then call back 2 days later when there is no update online, and the response is "sometimes the computers take a while"! And then talk to a manager, who tells you the exact same thing! And this company expects people to buy computer equipment from them - are they insane? "

2017-06-29

Horrible Experience

"Having previously purchased two Asus laptops from the store located on Lindbergh Boulevard in St. Louis, Missouri about a year ago I returned to the store three days ago (6/26) to purchase a battery charger. I explained to the sales associate that I didnt have the device with but the prior two stores didnt carry a charger that was compatible with an Asus computer. He handed me a box that matched the Targus brand that I had stated that I'd been using. He did not explain that voltage on these is very important and should have brought my computer in to verify the charger would work. Less than five minutes after returning home and plugging in my computer it popped and went dark, hasn't started since. As I work from home full time on a computer, I was lucky that we have a backup computer that I was able to use, though this one was also using the same charger as the other so we were out of a charger as I did not want to plug in the newly purchased one into the working computer in case it shorted it out. I took the computer into my employee IT department and they stated the battery cord caused the computer to short out and to return it and see what the staff could do to rectify the situation.

The following day my husband returned to the store to speak with the geek squad regarding the issue and was told that it was an error by best buy and we were sold the wrong cord. Instead of offering a replacement or any type of discount he was offered a full priced almost $600 "device" (as the manager Kyle kept referring to it as). As the experts within the store stated it was best buy error we were NOT going to pay that amount for a DEVICE.

So, he verified with the geek squad the accurate cord to purchase and clarified that it WOULD WORK. Within 10 minutes of having it plugged in and as he was on the phone with your customer service department to discuss the horrible in store treatment, HIS COMPUTER WENT OUT. The prior working computer popped and went dark, hasn't started since.

In the meantime I did return to the store to speak with the manager, Kyle, who was nothing but uncaring and acted as if he knew nothing of what I was talking about until I was halfway through talking. My main complaint was regarding the employee who sold me the wrong cord that caused my computer to short out. Best buy is supposed to be a place where the community goes to speak with experts who know all of the details regarding computers because they are extremely expensive and can be used to make an income for a family of three. Rather than offer any type of assistance, Kyle stated the store was not liable for the cord or the computer shorting out. He was not apologetic, understanding, willing to work with me, nothing. A pompous ****.

Following my return home and finding my husband with his now broken computer I told him to return to the store and fix the situation. TWO COMPUTERS IN ONE DAY THAT STOPPED WORKING FOLLOWING THE PLUG IN OF TWO SEPARATE CORDS PURCHASED FROM THIS STORE. Upon arriving at the store and speaking with the geek squad once again, Kyle came over and stated that "as he told your wife we aren't fixing anything" or something of that sort. Maybe he didnt realize that he was there for a SECOND computer going out because he didnt bother to ask. He called the St. Louis County police to **** my husband from the store while stating that he couldn't take the merchandise that WE owned with him. After refusing to leave without our belongings, a police officer nicely waited for the Geek Squad to finish looking at the computer, spoke with my husband about what was going on, and couldn't believe it was the second computer that had been broken. Because it sounds so unbelievable doesn't it? The unbelievably horrible customer service related to "devices" that cost hundreds of dollars. If it was a wireless telephone, Verizon would have rectified the situation not acted as if it was the consumers fault when the evidence showed otherwise.

Following repeated attempts to contact and comment regarding this business to hopefully get some type of compensation, I have come to this to hopefully get attention to the horrible trained staff and managers who are selling items that they have no knowledge of while costing their consumers time and money. Absolutely horrible.

2017-06-28

Best Buy's Inability to Deliver

"After spending over $5K on new appliances, it took three delivery attempts for four appliances to be delivered

After the first delivery, a Saturday, I was told a system glitch caused the error and that the remainder of my delivery would be made on Tuesday. When I went on-line, to view my order, the other 3 items were shown as back ordered. A different status from what was posted in my order (on-line) four hours earlier. I promptly called, while the delivery person was still in my house, to which no one could confirm what has happened to my remaining items. I was told they could schedule the remainder of the order for Tuesday, and that is was not back ordered. Someone would call on Monday to confirm my Tuesday appointment.

After waiting until after noon on Monday, I called to confirm that the remainder of my order would be delivered on Tuesday, even though the website showed my items were still “back ordered". After speaking to a representative, they told me again that it was not back ordered and the remainder would definitely be delivered the next day. I additionally called the local store and they opened up an “escalation”. I received a call back from my escalation manager, who informed me that he would work to ensure my remaining item would be delivered and would be calling me back to confirm the delivery and discuss compensation

On Tuesday, the day my remaining three items were to be delivered. The delivery came and two items were delivered, and one remaining item, was once again missing. I immediately called my escalation “manager” and informed him of what occurred. He told me he would call me back.

The next day, Wednesday, I did receive call back with another delivery date. The “manager” informed me he would call me to confirm the time on Thursday for the remaining item that would be delivered on Friday

Thursday comes and I did not recieve a call back form my escalation “manager”. I did, however, receive a call back from someone else confirming the delivery on Friday and that my “manager” would be calling me to confirm delivery and discuss compensation.

On Friday, my final item was delivered.

The following Monday is when I received a call from this so called “manager” confirming if all my items had been delivered. I did confirm that and he proceeded to offer me a $100 gift card. I informed him that this was unacceptable for the inconvenience of having to remain home an additional 2 days and having to reschedule a plumber twice due to their errors (BTW Best Buy-it’s $150 for canceling/rescheduling a plumbing appointment!!!).

This “manager” then proceeds to tell me that he can only offer $50 per missed delivery. I asked to speak to his manager and he tells me he is the manager.

Being a director of Customer Service, I know these tactic’s all too well. Including him proceeding to pass me onto his peer, who also stated he was the manager.

In the end I was referred to corporate, which as I am in customer service, may or may not result in anything.

My wife called the Customer service number twice on 6/27. The first time she asked for escalation and assistance from the Delivery team. After being on hold for nearly 18 minutes, the call was terminated while she awaited an agents help. An hour later, the same thing occurred while she was on hold for another 17 minutes.

That is a longer process to get through. But I will continue to pursue fair and equitable compensation, as I will also take to social media as an avenue to make more consumers aware of what Best Buy is passing off as customer service.

PS. I also find it interesting that I was surveyed for my first two interactions with Best Buy, but never received another survey once I had an escalation “manager’ assigned. Nice trick, Best Buy, I know how you must keep your customer service scores high, for your shareholders

2017-06-25

Recently surprised

"I walked in and was shocked to see a few Nintendo Switches just sitting there, so of course I bought the Neon plus a game & walked out a very happy customer."

2017-06-22

No return policy

"I purchased a 50" TV on line , rec'd an email stating ready for p/u. When I got to the store it was not ready.
Made 2 trips before I finally got it. When I got home with the TV it was damaged. Called customer service , they
advise me that there return policy is 14 days from the time it was purchased . Can be return to any store.
I return it to the store I picked it up from and the store Manager Nick refuse to take it. I again called customer service and they told me they were having problems with the stores taking thing back ever though the policy states it can be returned to any store. Customer service sending me a UPS label to ship. Worst customer service
I have ever seen. Will not buy from them ever again.

2017-06-22

Shipping

"I purchased a lifeproof case for my galaxy phone and paid for the next day delivery just to get an email saying that it was delayed and I was receiving the case in 3 weeks!! I called customer service, spoke to someone who left me on hold for 30 min! So I hung up called again and then spoke to someone that told me I couldnt cancel my order because it was already in warehouse? So why can they change the delivery day on me but I cant change my mind about wanting to order with them? I couldve easily purchased off of Lifeproof with 10% off and freee delivery and received my case in a week but I wanted it the next day because Galaxy s8 screens are sensitive. Thanks for the inconvenience Best Buy. The only good thing they did was refund my shipping fee. "

2017-06-20

Customer service/geek squad/fraud/credit card fraud

"ZERO STARS!!!!! I purchased a phone online for my son in October of 2015. In August of 2016 I also upgraded my phone & my husbands phone in store. We realized when getting set up, my sons phone was double covered for insurance both with Best Buy & Verizon. We asked to cancel with Best Buy, because Verizon's plan covers more. After trying to be talked out of this, they told me to go to the geek squad desk & cancel, while they were finishing setting up our phones.. I did this & thought I was done being charged $7.99 a month. I never noticed until May (10 months later) I was still being charged. I called, was transferred many different times, and told there wasn't a record of this request. finally after over two hours of being on the phone I was told, they'd cancel it AGAIN and I wouldn't be charged again starting in June & a request for reimbursement would be put in & I'd get an email in 5-10 business days to see if I'd be reimbursed. Well low & behold I was charged AGAIN on June 19. So called in immediately tonight to be told again there was no record of this request AGAIN and they couldn't give a refund because they get some money, but so does apple support. I was talked to rudely and basically called a liar. I asked them if conversations were recorded because this was obviously mistakes made on their employees part NOT MINE!! He said yes, but didn't know who to contact to access them. We carry geek squad insurance, have bought TV's, games, systems & much more from this company to receive such horrible treatment.. this is fraud!! I'd rather take my business to Walmart at this point. I will be contacting corporate office by letter & mail ( they explained this was the only way to reach them). FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF!!! "

2017-06-20

Terrible service

"We ordered a refrigerator from Best Buy because we had gift certificates from a charge card. We could have purchased this item from 6 other stores for the same price. Waited 3 weeks for delivery. Rec'd an email reminder but never a call. They were to arrive from 4-8. Even Time Warner can provide a smaller window of time. But arrived 5 minutes prior to scheduled time slot. Called at 4:30 and was informed they would arrive within the hour. At 8:30 we were told that they came and waited from 3:50 - 4:15 - a flat out lie. In the meantime, my day is shot and my food is warm. Basically we were told that is so sad, too bad. Call an 800 number. I think I will just share my experience on social media so others may learn from my mistake. And now I cannot just cancel the order on my credit card because gift certificates are involved. I can only imagine how they will rip me off with the warranty."

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!