• Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.48/10 1.48/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.10/10 1.10/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.06/10 1.06/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.73/10 0.73/10

"Purchased a new Laptop. Took it home and started it up. Short story, we could not get passed setup. Setup was asking for a password for "Defaultuser0 " we hadn't setup yet! We didn't have a password yet. There seems to be some issue with "Defaultuser0 " coming up on some units. There is a fix for it, but I think you need the disk. There is no disk with a new unit. We packed it up and RETURNED THE SAME DAY (4 hours later)!
Don't expect an easy return at Bestbuy. After Itzel thoroughly checked all parts were present, Itzel proceeded to boot up laptop. Itzel told us that unless we could give her the password, we would be charged $30 to have the password retrieved and unlocked! WE DIDN'T HAVE A PASSWORD! WE WERE NEVER EVER ABLE TO SETUP!! after arguing with Itzel about it, she found a manager. The manager told us "this is policy". (You will also go through this, if you have to return an electronic item, or?) The laptop was now given to geek area to go through and check the laptop. 20 minutes later, the manager said; okay, Itzel will give a refund as soon as she's done with them. We stood there at Itzel's counter watching as she finished with the customer she was with. Itzel finished with the customer, AND WALKED OVER TO THE LINE AND PULLED ANOTHER CUSTOMER OUT OF THE LINE AND STARTED TO HELP THEM! My wife walked over to Itzel and asked her why she wasn't taking us. Itzel said she would - after she was finished with yet ANOTHER customer. 35 minutes later, we were done with Bestbuy. FOREVER!!

"The worst place 2 buy from!!! bought a $1500 sony tv took it home and it didn't work!! tried 2 return it the next day and they refused 2 take it back!! filed a report with the credit card company and BBB. don't shop here!!!!"

This review was modified by HusamAkkoub on August 25 2015 12:09:00 AM

"This is the worst service I have ever experienced. I ordered a washer and dryer online and it showed in stock when I ordered. I have now had four different delivery dates and still no product. The geek squad can't seem to talk with the store and no one seems to care. I am canceling my order and just going to Lowes tomorrow and get one with next day delivery. Best Buy is the worst!!"

This review was modified by Usmcr on August 24 2015 04:29:45 AM

"I have been shopping at Best Buy for over 15 years. I have not had a bad experience. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. They explained everything, hooked me up through sprint it was great. I always buy my phones at BB. I have to give them 5 starts"

"best buy, chula vista, one of the authorized FRAUD companies.

Cashier Member ID: 3777944485
Sales Manager: Jenny.

I chose this title because best buy cashier, employees and managers should be best buy ambassadors.

2 weeks ago I went to best buy chula vista to buy a laptop. After I chose LENOVO Y70, I tried to pay using my NAVY Federal Credit Union credit card (NFCU) but the cashier says that I cannot use this credit card to pay in the store. I tried to cancel my purchase because I don't have cash nor debit but he says that I still can pay with NFCU credit card over the phone when I call citibank. I showed him the NFCU credit card to make sure and he said that he was 100% sure that I can pay with a NFCU credit card.

Yesterday, I called citybank to pay my LENOVO laptop and I was surprised that they don't accept any credit card payments. It should be cash or debit. I explained to them what happened in best buy (please see above). They apologized that they cannot help and I have to call best buy to solve the issue because it is impossible to make this payment with a credit card.

I called best buy chula vista to speak to best buy sales manager "jenny". I explained to her what happened (please see above). She apologized about what happened and says that everybody makes mistakes and i have to solve this problem and take responsibility for it. WAIT!!! WHAT?
so let me get this straight jenny THE MANAGER. You are asking me to mess my credit because I don't have cash and that this will affect my U.S. NAVY command and affect my career and get kicked out because of best buy mistake? best buy!!! how I should take responsibility for your mistake?
After explaining to jenny that I cannot return the laptop back to best buy because I have a flight tomorrow morning and my car is in the naval base storage, she was not cooperative and as always replies that everybody makes mistakes and I have to take responsibility otherwise my credit will be messed up.
I had to cancel my flight and get my car back from storage to take best buy responsibility and to fix best buy mistake and to keep myself from a bad credit and maybe a job loss.

So best buy look what you've done. I had to lose my flight ticket, my storage, wasted hours of my time to fix your and your ambassadors mistake because I care about my credit and since now I have an outstanding credit.

This review was modified by BashirYazbik on August 18 2015 02:53:27 PM

"Bought a fit bit before future shop became best buy so I was a bit nervous when it stopped working suddenly! I came into the Oliver square location in Edmonton and was helped out my Mohit. He was fast helpful found all of my old receipts and fixed my problem! Thanks for the excellent service!"

"I had the misfortune of purchasing a Dell all-in-one computer from Best Buy. No sooner had I connected it to the internet then it was infected by viruses before I even had the chance to download my antivirus software. Best Buy sells inferior, vulnerable products to you so they can turn around and foist their expensive Geek Squad services on you. Do yourself a favor. Buy products company-direct and find a Computer Renaissance or some other reputable computer services company to do the geek stuff. You will get much better products at a better price (Dell Refurbished, for example) and you won't feel gang-raped everytime you need to take your computer back to the store in order to fix the problems associated with the inferior products Best Buy sells."

This review was modified by samonetaz on August 15 2015 07:27:32 AM

"I had the misfortune to buy insurance bestbuy for my cell phone and they had to discuss with the ignorance of the staff of the Geek Squad 2500 Winston Park Dr., Unit A Oakville, ON, L6H 7E5 where a hardware problem the staff did not want even looking at the phone because unlocked with unlock code received directly from the phone company, with the excuse that is not compatible with the new phone company. Geek Squad personnel with technical skills below average phone perfectly copatibile at a cost of less than $ 20 I fixed the problem ever more andro Best buy in shops in particular 2500 Winston Park Dr., Unit A Oakville, ON, L6H 7E5 l only regret spending and sent more than 200 customers in the store"

"I would have given them 0 if I could!!! Worst customer service I have received my entire life. Total ripoff! I was warned to never shop there!!! My dad is a senior and they screwed him over. They are such jerks!!! Manager didnt even have decency to give us his last name. As you know they only have their first names on their name tag!! NO WONDER!!! Coquitlam BC store is the closest to where I live and the one I will never walk into again!! Word of mouth is the best advertising for any organization!! NOW, I certainly know how to advertise for them..."

"Best buy store at chesapeake square personal are disrespectfull and do not like white people. they have little or no knowledge of store policies. salesman was Kaelem M "

"So for the first time in I don't know how many years I went to Best Buy to actually buy something. Normally, like normal people, I shop online as the markup in retail is insane! I figured I heard about Best Buy's "price match guarantee" and with a broken Mac charger I would rather not wait 2 days to get my Amazon order.
So I read their terms online regarding price match and went into the store. The people in there were as dumb as rocks when it came to policy. At first the people at the service desk had to call a manager to ask if that particular store honors price match. Then they had to call again to see if they price match Apple products. At this point I knew I made a mistake giving Best Buy another shot at my business and it quickly got worse from there.
For the next 20 minutes I argued with a 60 year old lady as we looked through dozens of chargers online. The retail price in Best Buy was $80 for a charger and was on newegg and amazon for $15-$25. The employee however saw that "the pictures online do not look the same as on the box." I tried to point out that the pictures are of different angles and the only thing that matters is the model number in the product description. There was one available online for about $50 but she refused to honor the price match on the cheaper items though because the pictures online were not exactly the same as on the box.
Finally I got fed up and just got the $15 charger off Amazon, same model and much less than the $80 Best Buy charged. The entire point of price match is to not lose business to the online retailers, so if you are not actually going to honor the lowest price then DON'T ADVERTISE IT! Thank you Best Buy for reminding me why I stopped buying from you in the first place.

This review was modified by jesse2589 on August 02 2015 03:15:10 PM

"Do not purchase from this store. If you do, especially do not buy the extended warranty. I purchased and item, bought the extended warranty, and even had the sales manager write down the terms and conditions and the item broke a year later, which is no big deal because things do break. I went back to this store to have this taken care of under the warranty they sold me and they checked-in my item, let it set there for weeks then called me and said they couldn't fix it and all they could do was offer me a "small portion" of what I paid back, but that amount would be depreciated, which means I would have ended up with not even a quarter of I was supposed to put towards a new items. They said they would not replace it even though the literature and brochure says if it can't be fixed, it will be replaced. They said they would not replace it with a comparable item and said the information they gave me originally was wrong. They told me they couldn't adjust the price of the new item because it would negatively impact their sales numbers when competing with other stores and they refused to do anything. I even provided the original warranty brochure that said if the item can't be fixed, it would be replaced with a comparable item and the manager said their literature was wrong and misstated it and they are not responsible for their own typos and mistakes and that's too bad. I explained further to the manager and he VERY RUDELY said if it can't be fixed all he will do is give me a small portion of what I paid back on a gift card and depreciate that and I could buy a more expensive item and pay the rest of the price and the warranty would not even transfer and I had to buy a new one at full price. then he said I could call their legal department if I wanted to sue them to get it replaced under by what their literature said. I contacted another nearby store and they explained that the store on Powers (Store 212) is like this because they are more concerned about sales number than taking care of customers and that store advised me to call corporate. In talking with Corporate, they apologized for that store's behavior and that specific person said she has had numerous complaints about that store and advised me to shop at a different store because that store is "going through changes". Oh, and this was what put me over the edge, one person advised me that it wasn't even worth my time to use the warranty they suggested that I buy a new item and pay for it entirely and buy a Geek Squad Protection Plan in case this happens again but he would not guarantee that BestBuy would do anything different or even replace it. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE."

"Supposed to have my new range delivered today. No luck. They were a no show. Turns out, they outsource delivery to another company, who also outsources installation to another company and, then, yet another company does the scheduling. Ugh.

So, my range was supposed to be installed between 11 AM and 3 PM, because I had appointments at 9:30 AM and 3:30 PM.

So, I get home at 10 minutes to 11, in plenty of time for installers, and wait... and wait... and wait. Then, I check my cell phone and see the installer left multiple voicemails for me at about 9:30 AM, when I was not home, and when I told them I would not be home... Voicemail said that because I was not home I would have to reschedule installation.

Then, I found the identical produce for much less from another local provider for significantly less. All of the companies involved were terrible at returning calls. Service sucked. Just. Totally. Sucked.

Ended up canceling the order and purchasing same product from a different provider.

"i ordered on line a haier air conditioner Esa410M from best buy bought may 29, received it a few days later. had it siiting in my apartment in box .instaled it approx jul 15,2015 as the heat was starting to come . tried unit no cooling . called best buy store ,was told to go see them . Went to store was told need to have shipping invoice finally got that . asked for refund , was told past 14 days no refund . wait for haier ,they will ship new since there no service depot here meanwhile the heat going up. in apt. and my person. i called the store the manager said wait till haier sends new . no refund . "

"I will never order anything online from best buy ever again. I ordered a phone case and I chose the store I wanted to pick it up at. I called that specific store and the lady's of me they absolutely had it. Then I got an email saying it was no longer available. So I called again and the lady said she can ship it to my house but I would have to pay the express shipping fee of $40. The only good thing that came out of this was when I talked to the manager, he overrided the shipping fee and I would get it by that Tuesday. Two days later I woke up to an email saying my order was delayed. This is the WORST sight to order off of. If you want something from best buy, don't ever order it from bestbuy.com. They will just screw you over"

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!