• Rating 1.83/10 21 reviews

BestBuyEyeglasses is not a merchant member
    BestBuyEyeglasses does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • BestBuyEyeglasses contact information

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"I purchased rayban sunglasses from Bestbuyeyeglasses for my hubby... Before ordering from the website I didn't go thro the reviews. After reasing the reviews i was worried whether i would receive the correct product or i would not receive the product itself. But i was wrong. I received the sunglasses in 3 days and they were exactly the same one i ordered. My hubby was happy on wearing it. I am happy with the purchase :) There were lots of discount and it was the best price offered compared to other shopping websites"

modified review This review was modified by thithil on January 12 2014 10:25:11 AM

"This is a fraud/scam company, please read all the negative reviews online and find a reputable website to buy your glasses from instead, I got burned more than $250 by this company, they sent the wrong prescription and the lenses were all scratched up, refused to return or refund."

modified review This review was modified by oriewen8 on August 22 2013 12:43:23 PM

"I discovered BestBuyEyeGlasses.ocm by doing a Google search for the exact model # of frames I needed. Pearl, who I originally purchased these same frames from last year were much more expensive. I called Pearl and they claimed this frame was no longer available so in addition to paying for new frames, I would have to pay for new lenses...
With shipping, the same frame that I was told is no longer available, cost $120. That is a pretty amazing savings!
Customer service was a pleasure and the frames arrived exactly when they promised.
I would definitely recommend BestBuyEyeGlasses.com to anyone that doesn't want to pay full price for eye glass frames.

modified review This review was modified by JeffWatchRepairDotNet on August 05 2013 11:35:15 AM

"I ordered sunglasses from them and they arrived quick (3 days); however, the sunglasses were not sunglasses at all!! The lens is transparent!!! Now I dont know about you guys but sunglasses are usually NEVER transparent. I have called and tried to email to no avail. All of a sudden I can't even get onto their website as it keeps timing out on me! Very frustrating..."

"DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT BUY from bestbuyeyeglasses.com, they will steal your money, i have order a pair of glasses and i do not have perscription for it and i have contacted them few days after my order. They said, they will refund this, yet i have not received my refund till i have to open dispute with my credit card company. BUNCH OF CROOKS, they will steal your MONEY!!!
STAY AWAY from this company

"I am an Australian shopper who went online towards end of November 2012. I purchased approximately $250.00 worth of product that I paid additional shipping to ensure it would arrive before Christmas with their International courier company Bongo. The expected delivery date was no later than 20/12/2012. As I didn't receive them I contacted the courier company only to be advised that the merchant (Bestbuy eyeglasses) did not send them the order for shipping.
The company did not send me an email to notify me of any delays however was more than happy to take the money out of my account).
I am extremely dissatisfied with the company, and they have yet to respond to my email.

Do not BUY from them International buyers.. They clearly have no intention to improve their service, or have any integrity in their service.

"Simply awful, it's been a month now, I was charged of course, and my order is still "pending". Save yourself the trouble and do not trust this "merchant"."

"Got to be the worst customer service ever.

They made my glasses in the wrong prescription. They told me to send them back so I did with a note asking them to refund and I would get them made locally.

They tried to say that my glasses never arrived. Thank god I sent them insured with a tracking number or I would have been out $200.

When I told their rep Patrick I know they got them because of the tracking they "found" them.

Then I hear nothing. I email and I am told they are working on a refund. Nothing for another week. I email again and I am told they dont wanna refund me.

Finally I had to file a paypal claim. Hopfully I will get my money back.

"Fraudulent Company. They have delayed and delayed and delayed yet again my order, always making new excuses as to the delay. On top of that, they refused to call me back and one associate even lied about their closing hours. She told me a person would call me back at 3PM PST, but surprise surprise, nobody called me back because they close at EST! She simply booted me off the phone and waited until closing time!! The employee(s) also made horrendous mistakes with my shipping addresses and shipping charges. Every time I talked to an employee there was a different story or an alternate update. One employee would say it was shipping today, another one that it was still in the lab! Furthermore, the call associates don't give their name! In addition to which, most of them are rude, belligerent and deceptive when queried about their names or any order problems. On the surface they are friendly until you ask common sense questions like "May I have my tracking number?" or "Has it really shipped THIS time?"

Additionally, There is NO follow-through. They say it will arrive at 'x' date but nothing happens until I call. There is nothing but false promises at BestBuyEyeglasses. Furthermore, if you research their company you will find low, low scores on the Better Business Bureau. Don't be tempted to buy from them. I thought this would save me money and time but they are fraudulent at worst, indolent at best.

Even if I get my glasses tomorrow on my doorstep with a bow, I would still give them only one star. Being lied to and given poor -beyond poor, pathetic- customer service as well as having to do all of the follow-up yourself and being denied the tracking # makes this company suspicious and fraudulent.

I started to research bestbuyeyeglasses.com (something I wish 'd done more thoroughly before) and I found out that their principal and CEO, Daniel Kandler is also hard-to-reach and has written very misleading (almost deceptive) descriptions about his company on PR websites, saying that they have google checkouts and fast shipping!! All around, this company is deceptive, misleading and possibly fraudulent.

"Terrible company! I ordered subscription classes from them, and a full MONTH later, I still haven't received them! They promised them in 15 days. Every week I got a different story and a new "promise". I don't know if I will ever get them."

"WORST company. I ordered some prescription sunglasses and received them 17 days later, despite their guarantee for fast shipping. The worst part was they sent me the wrong frames AND messed up on the prescription! The lenses were a cm thick, no joke.

Their seller reviews on their website must be bogus! They do not send a confirmation email for orders, and if you don't have an order number then they remove your review from their site. No order number on the receipt either.

They supposedly process and ship their orders within 3 days but when I checked my order status 2 weeks after ordering (using my name and zip code since no order # provided), the glasses still had not shipped. Never buying from again. Let's see if they will refund me...

"Purchased a pair of Rayban sunglasses from here as a Christmas present. 2 months later they finally shipped and "accidentally" charged me another $29.99 for God knows what. Terrible company, never ordering with them again. Can't wait to see if I actually get the right frames."

"These guys are crooks. Ordered frame and lens online because large temple size not available locally. Three delays, each time a different excuse. Finally arrived 3.5 weeks later, with the wrong frames. Returned in same package with same priority mail, only added a confirmation of delivery notice. USPS delivery was confirmed online, but they have no record of shipment (!). Want me to make a claim to USPS. Want to guess what crooks like these do with returned merchandise? WATCH OUT FOR ONLINE CROOKS.
--Revised next day--
Well, they 'found' the lost glasses and rebated the full amount. Claimed the website temple size was a mistake and the manufacturer does not make 155mm stems. Raise my rating to 2 stars.

"I wanted some prescription sunglasses so I called bestbuyglasses and asked if I could specify a non standard bifocal height. They said no problem, just specify the height in the comments section of the order.

I did that along with my contact and cell info if any problem.

I finally received my glasses tonight (no email notification or ability to check status along the way) and turns out the bifocal height I specified was ignored.

My only options is to return the order and have them inspect it. So it requires an hour spend driving to town and back and then waiting another 2 -3 weeks.

So that will mean I have waited over a month for my glasses along with the hassle. I realize stuff happens, but I wish they would offer to send me out replacement lenses immediately while I returned the incorrect ones.

Or at least offer to expedite sending the correct glasses to keep me from waiting so long again.

I've ordered similar glasses online elsewhere in the past and have had quicker and correct results.

update: I emailed them again (after talking to someone) and someone emailed back. I got a call later and was told that the order had been checked as was perfect, and I explained a couple again that I thought what happend was the comment was ignored and the order had been entered incorrectly. SO yes it was that incorrect order (bifocal placement).

So about 10-11 days after they receive my lenses back they overnighted the glasses and lenses back to me. The bifocal was now in the correct place. Took a month, some emails and phone calls, but I now have what I ordered. If I could choose I would give them 3.5 stars for all troubles and the delay, but since they at least overnighted the glasses back to me the second time I'll average up. I'd still have to think about it before ordering anything out of the norm from them again. Not used to waiting that long....

edit: a day later.

After waiting a month for my new glasses, I went to wear them today. The frame temple arms are not the size I ordered, and are too short. I checked my email order/invoice to make sure I didn't make a mistake and confirmed I was sent the wrong frames. I did not notice the first time because since the lenses were wrong I sent them back immediately without wearing them. Sigh......

Edit: I've contacted them and they send they will order the correct temples and we can trade.

edit 11/7 Finally received the correct temples but was unable to switch them myself. I am pretty handy, but because this style is sort of "spring loaded" the screw holes don't line up without some sort of trick or tool I don't have.

I tried like heck to get the temple screws back in to put this past me but just could not get the holes lined up enough to get the screws started. Guess I am going to have to send them back to florida AGAIN to have them install the temples I ordered originally.

So another trip into town and now it looks like it will be a couple months to have what I ordered in my hands....

While waiting for this whole saga, I ordered a different pair of glasses from a different site that I received perfect in 8 days. And I got lenses for two old frames locally and had them back in less than a week as well.

I heard back from the vendor, and their first suggestion at this point is to for me to take the lenses to a local optician and see if they will switch the temples.

edit: 11/14 I thought about it some more and fashioned a temporary spacer that I could slip into the temple to keep the knuckle from retracting while I pulled it out. That allowed the holes to line up and then I could install the screw. Then by pulling the temples out slightly I could remove the spacer. It was pretty easy once I figured out the trick. I had asked the seller for any tips, but he I guess he did not ask his optician as I am sure they would have suggested something similar.