Beauty.comCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I had written a review on here previously for drugstore.com, regarding a problem with an item I had purchased going on backorder without my knowledge (I only buy items specifically listed as In Stock), and I only figured it out after weeks went by and nothing had been shipped to me yet. There was a frustrating mixup wherein the customer service rep I contacted regarding the matter canceled my order without my telling her to, and then I had to reorder the item once they finally got it in stock again, but I was satisfied with the apology I received from customer service. However, it has become very clear to me that both drugstore.com and beauty.com (they're the same company) have little idea as to what is actually in stock. I recently made a beauty.com order, and most of the items shipped right away (which was usually the case with my past orders) but then I noticed that two items have yet to ship 11 days after I made the purchase. I contacted customer service to express my displeasure at the fact that yet more items I bought were probably on backorder, but no one had contacted me, and more oddly, the website is to this minute showing that those two missing items are still in stock. I also complained that I had spent a minimum of $100 on my last two orders to receive three promotional gifts, yet none of them were sent to me. See the customer service response below. I wrote back to tell him his answer made no sense because the website still shows that both items are in stock (he said it shows they're on backorder) and that because some items that were *shown as being in stock when I made my purchases* were actually on backorder, it was somehow my fault that the website didn't accurately reflect the lack of stock, and that's why I didn't receive the gifts I was told I'd get? I thanked him for his time and told him I would not be returning as a customer. I have been buying from drugstore.com and beauty.com for years, and have probably spent thousands of dollars on their merchandise. But they still can't keep track of their stock, and give out a measly $10 credit, thinking that will be enough. No thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Beauty.com regarding the backordered Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup Loose Powder and Tokyo Milk Dark Handcreme in order #03347174110100.

In response to your inquiry, we have been notified by the manufacturers that your products are currently on backorder. Our website indicates these items should be available in 1-2 weeks [no it does not -- it says they're in stock]. While we have absolutely no control over this delay, we do apologize that you will not receive your items in the time frame that you had originally anticipated. Rest assured that we are making every effort to secure these products as quickly as possible, and as soon as we receive them from the manufacturers we will ship them to you at once.

We do have standing purchase orders for these manufacturers to fill as these items are regularly offered on our website. We do not order from these manufacturers on an 'as needed' basis for these items; our arrangement with these manufacturers is for a continuous supply. We are dependent on the manufacturer's production schedule at the present time and do apologize for the delay.

You have the option to cancel your backorder at any time by signing in to Your Account using the link located on any Beauty.com page [this is their usual response -- "Not happy? Then cancel your order".] Then, select Orders and click the order number to view the Order Details page. You will have the option to cancel all the unshipped items in your order.

Backordered items will cause promotions to drop from your shopping bag, which is why the Deborah Lipmann promotion failed to apply on this order [and sample-filled makeup bags that I spent $100 on each order to receive them, but I never did because of the items in my cart that weren't in stock even though the website showed they were]. I do apologize for this issue and have credited $10 to your Beauty.com account for the inconvenience. It will not expire until used and will apply automatically on your next order.

Lastly, we would like to thank you for choosing Beauty.com. You are a valued customer and we appreciate your business. [Yeah, sure.]

modified review This review was modified by corpho on April 12 2014 08:28:08 AM

"Beauty.com offers free shipping and $10 off purchases over $50. Not until you read the fine print do you find out that the shipping is only free if you sign up for a service called Shoprunner, and the discount only applies if you opt in for automatic re-ordering.
No reason to use a website/company that fraudulently advertises like that. Their prices are no better than Amazon, and in fact are slightly higher for the product I am buying. With Amazon, you know what you're getting, many items are available with expedited shipping, and there's no false advertising. I wouldn't use Beauty.com

"I placed an order on 12/1 and returned the item due to a defect. Beauty.com received the return parcel on 12/9. It is now 12/29 and I am without a refund. I have emailed their customer service numerous times and have yet to receive a response. I finally spoke to a bot via their online chat and was told that returns are processed in 30 days. 30 days?! Are you kidding me? I shop online for virtually EVERYTHING and I have never heard of such an absurd return/refund policy. Let's see if I am even granted my refund come 1/9. I am NEVER shopping from Beauty.com or Drugstore.com again."

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"This store should be combined with drugstore.com since they're the same company. I received my order recently from beauty.com using drugstore.com box. I placed an order with them and received my face lotion in 3 days. Pretty fast and no problems. Website is easy to use also."

Beauty.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Beauty.com is not a merchant member
Beauty.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!