• Beachbikes Beachbikes Elite Status

Product & services pricing Rating 7.57/10 7.57/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.07/10 9.07/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.25/10 9.25/10

"I have never in my 55 years of life received service and good will from any company, like I have from Beachbikes.net
Here's my story...
I purchased a 26"men's urban priced at $159.00, and added a leather seat and hand grips. I point out the price because they couldn't have much margin in that. I immensely enjoyed riding my bike along the 11 mile (round trip) bike path along Miramar Beach, Florida, until last week when the tire and tube literally exploded. Could have been my fault (I'm 269 lbs.), or it could have been a defective tube. But, either way, I knew the tube needed replacement. I called Beachbikes.net only to inquire about the size of the inner tube. But, Andra, who answered the phone, wasn't having any of that. She apologized genuinely and profusely, for this mishap ruining my daily riding, and immediately shipped me a new inner tube, at absolutely no charge. But the story doesn't stop there. I received the tube about 3 days later, placed it in the tire, began filling it with air when I discovered that the inside rim of the rubber tire had also blown out. Oh well. I called Beachbikes.net again and Andra picked up again (by the 2nd ring, no less). Once hearing my story about the tire, she said "we're not taking any chances! It could be the rim!" So, she's sending me out the whole tire, tube and rim assembly! Have you ever heard of service like that in this day and age? I am very grateful for the exemplary service and I wish I needed several bicycles because I would know just where to go for all of them! Thank You Beachbikes.net, and Andra. You have made a customer for life.

Mark Adams
Miramar Beach, Florida

"So far, Beach Bikes has been awesome! I've not received the bike yet, but Charlie was very helpful and accommodating when I wanted to have red rims on my bike. Will update once I get the bike, assemble it and test ride. Thanks Beach Bikes!"

"appears that the company has good prices and nice product but weak on post sale issue resolution. Received a bike and fenders when expected, but were missing parts to attach fenders. No response to multiple voice mails and emails."

"I ordered a bright orange adorable bike from BeachBikes and it came within two or three days. The shipping was crazy fast and when my bike arrived, I got two or three emails offering assistance with bike assembly, maintenance, and suggestions for rides around my area. They actually mapped out a ride for me. They are almost creepily nice (joking!). The bike rides smoothly and the setup was super easy, even though I am clueless with tools. This company is incredibly personable and efficient. Would recommend this company and this product to anyone 10/10."

"Style is perfect -vanilla color with floral decals, antique-like fenders with shapely arm hold. I liked that the seating is padded and comfortable. The ride is smooth and easy to handle, especially since my bike is 1-speed. My husband put it together and said it took a while to assemble, but as I recall the bike is 80 percent put together. Great bike to ride in style! "

"Sick bike! Glad I got the green rims. Gnarly ride! I would order again, and might order another bike for others in the family."

"I love my beachbike so much! I have the 24" three speed urban lady and she is a dream! She is my first bike, and I just learned to ride on this one. This bike is extremely comfortable and very cute. It's great for me who just learned, but my more experienced friends agree it's a great bike. It's very smooth and comfy! "

"Excellent customer service and experience, i will definitely be buying from Beachbikes again!"

"I'm not even sure where to start. The guys over at beachbikes are totally awesome! They have such prompt service and are always ready to help. I registered my girlfriend's Firmstrong Bella Fashionista and my Firmstrong Urban Man for their forever coverage and I can't begin to express the piece of mind that brings knowing they've got us covered for repairs. In addition, they have anything my bike needs, bike racks, bells, helmets, you name it and the awesome sales they have makes it that much better. If you're looking to get a beach cruiser they're the guys to go to. You wont find better products, better customer service, and better prices anywhere else! Go on and check them out!"

"I ordered the Firmstrong Bella Classic 7 Speed - Women's 26" Beach Cruiser Bike - Baby Blue. I was so excited to find this bike online. I had specific things I was looking for in a cruiser bike: hand brakes, at least a 3-speed (this has 7), 26", fenders, rims that were the same color as the bike, white walls, and baby blue color. This bike met every single criteria. I love the classy retro design and simplistic look. It is very comfortable and it rides and shifts smoothly. Before I ordered the bike, I called Beachbikes with some questions which the girl answered. I ordered through their website which was the same price as Amazon. I was originally going to order without the flower decals since you can customize the order, but I opted to keep them and am so glad I did - they are super cute! I was very particular about the color and wanted it to be a flat color, not metallic. It has a very slight metallic sheen to it but I love the way it looks since it shines, yet keeps the pretty blue color without looking glittery.

When I ordered the bike I received an email from the owner of the company with a "thank you" and introduction, one from an assigned bike mechanic with helpful assembly videos, and one from a ride specialist with a recommendation of a bike path in my area. I was impressed with the communication and personalization, but I didn't want to take a chance on scratching my bike or having something misaligned so I had it assembled at a local bike shop. I also bought a basket locally because you have to have a basket for a cruiser!

"Ordered a Firmstrong Urban LRD in chrome. (It's a cool vintage-style single speed cruiser, spring fork, fenders - clean lines with no shifters and cables, simple to ride.) The bike arrived quickly in perfect condition. It was super easy to assemble. I was riding within an hour.

You can spend a little less money by getting a cheap pre-assembled cruiser at a big box department store, but you'll regret it. Those bikes barely deserve their logos.

My Urban barely cost more than a department store beach-style cruiser, but everything is better quality - heavier duty fenders and struts, much better rims with tight spokes right out of the box, nicer tires, cleaner design. Very happy, rolling smooth.

"I have nothing but good things to say about Beachbikes. I wrote a full review on Amazon about my wonderful experience with them if anyone's interested (it's for the Firmstrong Bruiser 7 spd; under my nom de plume, Spazboy). It's the best review on there. And if you go there within the next ten minutes you can read it for free!"

"We love beach bikes. I got one 5 years ago and love it so much that we got one for our 11 year old daughter. Beach Bikes family for life!!"

"Very disappointed. This has been bad experience. My wife recently purchased a second bike for me. The online purchase was easy. But it went down hill from that point. She paid for overnight or one day shipping so we could have it for a weekend getaway. Witch happened to be on a Monday. It took about a weeks to receive, only after she emailed with no response and then called. It finally shipped overnight, but it gets better! They shipped overnight on a Friday. The problem was they used a company that doesn't deliver on weekends. So we got it Monday. So I got around to unpacking it a few day later and of course it was damaged. So she sent another email requesting how and where to get the damage fixed. This was a week ago, still no response. I decided to repair the damaged parts myself and went for a ride and of course I was let down, again. It doesn't appear the bike was quality control checked before it let the warehouse. The spokes need to be adjusted (rims are warped or not straight), the gear shifter needs adjusting. And the chain guard rubs the chain. As of today we have not heard from anyone regarding the damaged parts. "

"I absolutely love my bike! It is very high quality and fun to ride. The structure and color are both great, and I get tons of compliments while I am riding."

Share Beachbikes's store rating

Beachbikes is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Beachbikes is a merchant member
Beachbikes participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,689 merchant members.