Stores > Beachbikes

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.23/10 8.23/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.56/10 8.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10

2016-07-27

Great bike but deplorable service

"I ordered a Firmstrong Chief Lady 7 from BeachBikes on June 16th for my daughter's birthday, knowing that it should arrive by the time we got back from vacation on June 27 (We're on the east coast.) The ordering was easy, and the ability to customize fantastic. That's about the extent of the good part of my experience.

When the bike didn't arrive by the 27th, I asked for an update via the e-mail inquiry form to which I received an "It should ship in 24-48 hours". Why hadn't it shipped already given that I orderd it on the 16th and this is a full 7 business days later. But, I digress.

On the 29th, I followed up with another email (to the only address given since the reps do not give numbers to call) to ask for an update because my order still showed as unfulfilled. On the 29th, I finally received an e-mail stating that it was shipped. We finally received the bike on July 6, which was significantly after when it should have arrived.

Well, at least we got the bike and my daughter really liked it. But wait? Where is the $95 surfboard rack that I ordered with the bike. I e-mailed AGAIN on the 7th asking about the missing part. No response to that e-mail, and I needed to resend it. To that e-mail, I received an e-mail asking exactly what the issue was. Oh..... let me e-mail you all yet another time and let you know that my rack is missing.

Well, Danielle responded on Jull 11 that she was sorry and that it would be shipped ASAP. It is now July 27, and I am STILL waiting for the rack or any e-mail / call / smoke signal from these guys saying what is going on. So, I just followed up with anothe e-mail.

I did get an e-mail saying that I'd get a free bell for writing a review. At this point, I'd settle for the Rack that we paid $95.00 for and have yet to receive. Having bought the liifetime warranty, I'm less than enthusiastic about ever having to invoke it.

These guys have a great site, and some great bikes. However, I do not see them succeeding until they get their collective acts together onservicing their clients.

This review was modified by EastCoastDave on July 27 2016 07:55:52 AM

2016-07-26

Cruzin in Style

"We purchased this beach bike for a store contest and they are all the rage! Our CEO was up on Instragram testing out the bike and now all the employees want one. We will be ordering several more for contest prizes. Quick easy and friendly shopping experience in purchasing a bike online. "

2016-07-19

I love my beach bike!

"My sweet husband got me the firmstrong urban lady beach bike in mint green for my birthday. I come from a big family so I always had hand-me-down bikes. This is the first time in my 28 years of life that I have had a brand new bike, all to myself. And I couldn't have picked a better bike to have the honor of being my first. :) I love my beach bike! "

This review was modified by Shellylm on July 19 2016 02:30:51 PM

2016-07-19

LOVE AT FIRST CRUISE

"Full disclosure: beach bikes asked us to write a review and is rewarding us with a bell just for doing so, regardless of what the review says. How perfect is that? Ok, here goes:
I'm in love with my pretty new bike, my very first beach cruiser! My boyfriend found the beachbikes website and from the moment I saw it, I knew it was the one. We caught the last day of an amazing sale and got an unbelievably great deal - I still can't get over how good the price was. Shipping was free and once the bike arrived it was easily set up in a short amount of time. The company has great customer service and there is an option to either call or video chat if assistance is needed assembling the bike, however my boyfriend is an experienced bike builder and we didn't need that. The tires come with a decent amount of air in them and of course I couldn't wait to take it for a spin. Once that happened I was completely won over...
This is by far the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden which makes me love it even more! We've already taken it out to the beach and it's also great for cruisin through the city streets as we often do. The bike feels strong and sturdy, like it will last a long time. The style and comfort of this bike simply cannot be beat! Thank you beachbikes.com we are very happy customers!

This review was modified by Miss.Jade on July 19 2016 11:28:47 AM

Getting back to biking!

"My wife and I have not been biking for longer then we care to say, but getting back to it has been great with our new Beachbikes. They were easy to put together. They are very comfortable and it was easy to get back into biking. We love them. They are beautiful! Love the colors! Great construction and durable."

Girlfriends new bike!

"I got a cruiser for my girlfriends birthday present, and she loves it. The quality is amazing and has been so perfect! "

Worked Out Perfectly!

"I ordered a customized bike from BeachBikes.net becuase the bike shop in my town isn't very customizable friendly. I was a bit worried about ordering a bike online and having to put it together and just anything that could go wrong. It turned out so great and I am so happy I took a chance. They have great prices and I love that I can customize it just how I want. I ordered my customized bike, which adds an extra three days to the time that I'll receive it. I ended up receiving it within 12 days.
When it arrived I had to attach the front wheel, fenders,seat, and handle bars. I was able to get it all set up in about 30 mins and then made little adjustments. I was able to put it together using about 3 different tools. Overall, I couldn't be happier, it's the cutest bike and it has a smooth ride!
Also, the shipping is really affordable and minimal which I did not expect when ordering a bike.

This review was modified by Lanie61 on July 18 2016 07:37:08 AM

Laid back and relaxing

"My boyfriend and I bought the new Around the Bike beach cruiser bikes from sixthreezero. They shipped and were delivered much faster than we thought they would. The instructions were easy to follow in putting the bikes together and they were easy to assemble. When we ran in to a little trouble we were able to get someone on the phone pretty late on a Friday evening to help us out. We love the bikes and ride them quite often; definitely a good deal for the price and a great company to help with assistance. I would definitely buy another bike from them in the future!"

This review was modified by amfdewey on July 18 2016 04:54:30 AM

Cruisin down the street!

"I am in love with my beach cruiser! Beachbikes.net customer service is awesome! Thank you for answering my questions and helping me build the bike of my dreams!!!

The bike was shipped quickly, set up was fast and easy and the biked looked better than it did online!

I am getting nothing but compliments and I am in love!

Thank you beachbikes.net for providing me the bike of my dreams!!! I will be recommending beachbikes.net to everyone looking for a cruiser!

This review was modified by bcastillo1820 on July 17 2016 10:15:05 PM

Great Bike!

"I ordered the paisley beach cruiser for my Wife and she absolutely loves it! The bike rides smooth and is made of quality materials. My only complaint would be the vague instructions, which left us guessing during some phases of the assembly. Overall good experience and great bike."

This review was modified by Mbphifer on July 17 2016 04:37:38 PM

Great Bike Shop

"Great Bikes, Quick Shipping, easy to assemble. We were having trouble finding a single speed, 20 inch girls bike at our local bike shops and found a high quality cruiser bike for our daughter at Beachbikes."

This review was modified by bcboot on July 17 2016 01:46:23 PM

Easy cruising

"Love it good job Dustin and beach bike gang on the west coast nice ride easy assembly rides great the only thing neg is the scratches on frame and handle bars thanx for the touch up paint can't wait to bring it down to LBI New Jersey on vacation "

This review was modified by Kenny0718 on July 17 2016 01:38:00 PM

Amazing

"I asked if they could send it before the 4th of july so i could ride the crowded mission beach belmont park i got in 1 1/2 days. Everywhere i ride there is never a day when im not saying thank you for the compliment and where aswell as how much the og cruiser is. Even when not riding people stop just to observe the cruiser. Im amazed i will definitely by one more of this exact bike and 4-5 others for my kids. A definite must. Amaing"

This review was modified by Ivanmt1 on July 17 2016 10:08:26 AM

2016-07-17

My beach bike is AAAAAMAZING!

"Not only was I impressed with how quickly my bike arrived, but the quality and colors are awesome. The ride is smooth, easy, and enjoyable (I have a single speed). Everyone that has seen it, loves it. My husband and I purchased bikes from Beachbikes.net in 2009 and we knew our second purchase had to be from them as well, and when our kids are ready for their cruisers, we will buy again! Thanks guys! "

Very disappointed.

"Very disappointed. Order a bike a year ago and came in a week. Great bike. This year ordered one from my daughter for the summer. My credit card was charged 7 weeks ago and still no bike. I checked 2 weeks after credit card was charged and they said they were out of stock for at 3 months. Why was order taken and card charged if they couldn't fill order for 3 and a half months ? And I was never told. I had to inquire to find out. Then they come back and said they would have a shipment in a month. But now the month has passed and still no word from them. "

This review was modified by Mpmoore on July 17 2016 06:29:27 AM

Share Beachbikes's store rating

Beachbikes is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Beachbikes is a merchant member
Beachbikes participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,533 merchant members.