Stores > Beachbikes

Customer service: Rating 8.36/10 8.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.92/10 7.92/10

2016-11-09

Great customer service!

"I just ordered the EVRYJourney for my college student for Christmas. Haven't received the bike yet, but have to say that the customer service was terrific. Claire did a great job leading me through the options and getting the order place. Looking forward to reviewing again when the bike arrives!"

This review was modified by VCAV1234 on November 09 2016 09:14:24 AM

2016-10-30

Great customer service!

"My boyfriend had ordered me a Firmstrong Chief Lady 7 speed bike for my Christmas gift. We had an issue with shipping due to suspected FedEx mishandling, but we contacted BeachBikes support anyway. They were very wonderful and replaced my entire bike for me. Whenever it's time to replace this one or buy accessory items, I'm going to be buying through their website! "

This review was modified by Xojessicamae on October 30 2016 06:33:16 AM

2016-09-19

Best beachbikes ever seen :)

"I bought my 4 yr old her first bike from here and I'm glad I did! I could of just got her a cheap character bike, but once I got I was surprised how pretty and we'll built it was. It was worth every penny and I know it will last her a really long time. I plan on buying one for my other 2 older kids and myself before the end of the year :) my daughter gets so much compliments every where she rides and she loves it! Very quick customer service too!"

This review was modified by Bellanow4 on September 20 2016 12:46:07 AM

2016-09-19

Happy wife!

"Bought this lime cruiser for my wife and she loved it instantly. Enjoyed it even more when she rode it the first time on our family ride. "

This review was modified by Rdklomp on September 19 2016 05:07:02 PM

2016-09-12

Pleasantly surprised!

"I have to admit that the idea of buying a "Beach Cruiser" and the way the company portrays itself filled me with images of the founders hunched over bike frames welding and grinding and turning out bikes from a thatched roof workshop on the beach! So I was a bit taken aback to see a big "Made In China" sticker on the seat tube....

After seeing that tag, I looked at the bike through a more critical set of eyes, because I relate bikes made in China to box store cut rate quality.

The bikes arrived well packaged, but it's obvious that the bikes go from the container ship to the companies warehouse to your front door with little to no intervention unless there's obvious damage to the box. That being said, the packaging was well thought out, and did it's job very well... no scratches or dents noticed.

Assembly is in fact very straightforward, and it actually took equally as long to cut the various zip ties loose and remove the protective bits of cardboard and wrapping from the frames and fenders than to put the bike together. A note here: Take your time removing the plastic from the front & especially rear fender. It isn't perforated in any way, and is quite strong; you could possibly bend the fenders if one were to pull hard enough on the plastic. Take your time to protect the finish on the fenders!

Once the packaging is removed and all the parts accounted for, it's fairly intuitive on how everything goes together; I never opened the instruction manual, but I have a fair amount of experience with bikes. About 40 minutes later, I had assembled my wife's bike, which is the cream color, and mine, which is flat black. Both are the 7 speed versions.

Here's the pleasantly surprised part: These bikes are AWESOME! No, they're not ultra high-end status bikes, but they are bikes which are well though out, very light, and are a great balance of build quality, fit & finish, good level of components at the price point, and they just look COOL!

Within minutes I was wheeling around the driveway, and my wife, who hadn't ridden a bike in over 25 years was right behind me after a few seat & handlebar adjustments. That was Friday night. Sunday morning we hit the Chehalis Western Trail & rode several miles. The bikes are solid, very quiet & comfortable. They shift very smoothly, and my wife (who had a stroke 3 years ago) was glad that there is only one shifter to contend with.

One problem did occur. My left pedal started clicking & felt like the bearings were grinding. A short call to the service department resulted in a replacement pedal being sent out immediately, so high marks for customer service after the sale.

In summary, for the price of these bikes I am very satisfied with the fit, finish, and great looks of the bikes. They look good, they steer very lightly, stop well, and look great; these bikes just work on a lot of levels, and while there are a very few nit picky things like the pedal, I would absolutely recommend these bikes and would buy them again!

**** bike

"Great bike, I love riding my barrel frame as it fits my 6'2" height very well. Black frame with white seat and grips, very ****!! A little confusion on shipping date, but overall very satisfied"

This review was modified by Skrau2 on August 29 2016 06:43:05 AM

Empty Nesters

"My wife and I recently sold our bigger 4 bedroom home and purchased our retirement home. A cute 2 bedroom home in a waterfront community. Our home is 7/10ths of a mile from the Gulf of Mexico. We wanted a pair of beach cruisers to ride down to the coast to catch the sunset, so I googled beach bikes and went with the first company that popped up " beach bikes" the ordering process was simple and shipping via FedEx Ground was flawless. Assembly was very simple, front tire, handlebars, seat and pedals! That's it. The single speed is perfect for our needs and these bikes look and ride great. We are very happy with our purchase and the customer service is first class. Riding these bikes is like driving my Jeep Wrangler with the doors off and top down, cruising along the coastline enjoying life and just like the jeep wave, we wave and greet other beach bike riders."

We found comfort

"Are old bikes were so uncomfortable we love to ride but hated riding them. We searched and searched for other bikes and then finally found Beachbikes! We live in a place where it's sunny most of the time. So why not get out and ride? Now we can and comfort! The bikes are high quality and we have our own personal mechanic if we have any questions. It doesn't get better than that. Thank you Beachbikes for making our lives a little bit better...two bikes at a time."

This review was modified by Roger291 on August 30 2016 09:33:12 AM

2016-08-24

All Around Awesome

"My bike arrived to our house in less than a week, and took me less than an hour to get put together. I'm not someone who has much patience when putting together ANYTHING. This bike was not hard to get assembled at all, and I received multiple emails with information and people I could contact in case I needed help. I had a lot of questions about compatible front and rear baskets, and the customer service team was more than patient with me. This is a great company to work with, I would recommend to anyone looking for a bike and accessories."

This review was modified by Valerie0906 on August 24 2016 08:51:11 AM

2016-08-23

Love my bike!

"Got the bike fast and I'm totally in love with it. I'd be taking it to the beach this weekend! "

2016-08-23

Love Beachbiking

"Customized a bike, super cool, easy to use customizer tool. Bike did take a few weeks to arrive but they notified me of that in advance. Going to customize a bike as a gift for some for Christmas!"

This review was modified by Beachbiker87 on August 23 2016 10:45:21 AM

Bday prez

"Got my bike as a birthday present. The only downfall was that the tire was bent a little when I undid the package. However it was easy to put together and once the tire was pumped I was good to go. I've been riding it every week, I love it."

Beach Bike Review

"The bike came with the wrong color seat and the wrong color handle bar grips. After several attempts to get this fixed - only to fall on deaf ears - I want to let everyone know Beachbikes only cares about the sale. They will not respond to your customer experience concerns.

This review was modified by westway11 on August 21 2016 07:27:55 AM

I heart beach biking!

"I've had my beach bike for about a month and a half. I LOVE it. I am so happy that I got one, I'd been eyeing them for a year. I was pleasantly surprised by the customer service I've received Beachbikes.net. Their instructions and YouTube videos answered any questions I had during assembly. They also followed up after my order. They offered the convenience of ordering online with the knowledge and help of a neighborhood bike shop. My fender was dented during shipping and Beachbikes.net sent a replacement right out."

This review was modified by Amcnulty79 on August 21 2016 07:25:32 AM

2016-08-12

Very disappointed!!!!!

"First of all, the order took 3 weeks to arrive after they told us it would take 5 business days. Then when it arrived, we had missing parts in one area, extra parts in another....you name it, it was a mess. The assembly directions are for a single speed cruiser.....we ordered the 7 speed and ended up having to take it to a bike shop to finish the assembly. The accessories are a rip-off....don't order any....very cheaply made. To top it off, I'm trying to return the accessories and now it won't print me a return form. Extremely frustrating. And, the customer service that has gotten rave reviews was no where to be found. "

This review was modified by slickfett on August 12 2016 09:50:40 AM

Share Beachbikes's store rating

Beachbikes is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Beachbikes is a merchant member
Beachbikes participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,606 merchant members.