Stores > Beachbikes

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.29/10 9.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.63/10 9.63/10

2016-02-08

Excellent service!

"There were some issues with the item I ordered, but they corrected everything. Excellent service."

This review was modified by Capasso on February 08 2016 07:42:47 AM

2016-01-30

Simply the BEST

"highly recommend over any other place in the world! Cutest bikes, great price, amazing customer service and knowledgeable staff. Perfect fit."

2016-01-29

The JoyCycle BeachBike Experience

"Few things in life inspire enthusiasm like a bicycle. Even when you reach a certain age that sense of eager anticipation is hard to deny when you start making plans for pedal-powered excursions across town as part of a daily commute or over long distances in search of adventure. So when the folks at BeachBikes offered me the opportunity to try one of their wonderful cruisers I immediately jumped at the chance to take it for a spin.

In the interests of full disclosure they gave me the new bike in the hopes that I might give them glowing review. But as my track record on matters such as these affirms my opinion is not for sale. But I greatly admire any company willing to risk the criticism of an objective observer as it demonstrates a level of confidence in their products that cannot be denied. But having experienced the Firmstrong Men’s Beach Cruiser firsthand I imagine that the professionals at this establishment in Santa Monica, California figured they were making a sure bet by simply assuming that I would love it.

The BeachBike experience for me began online. Using the company’s web site I was given the opportunity to customize my new bike from the wheels to the handlebars. Given a modest budget of $350 I was able create a bicycle in a color and style to suite my personality with a variety of different options to get just the right look. Partial to orange I picked out a scheme for the frame and the rims that beautifully matched the Joy Trip Project’s signature hues.

Once I approved the order for my new JoyCycle I figured I wouldn’t hear anything for at least a week until it was delivered. But instead I received a few emails from BeachBike congratulating me on my “purchase” and welcoming me into the company’s community of riders. I got a note from a mechanic who offered to walk me through the assembly process when the bike arrived via personal Skype call, Facetime or Google Hangout. And I also heard from a “ride specialist” that offered to help guide me through my first outing. He even made a suggestion with a GPS assisted route navigator to get me on my way: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2327834

Having been an avid cyclist for most of my life I really didn’t need quite so much hand-holding. But I really appreciated these generous offers of assistance. If I were new to cycling as many people are this much personal attention and customer service would go a long way toward a very positive experience to begin a life-long love of bikes.

Clearly Beachbikes aims to get more people on road. When the JoyCycle arrived a week later on my doorstep I managed put it together easily with a few basic tools and very little effort. I believe even someone without much experience could have accomplished the assembly in no more than a few hours or less. The bicycle came exactly as expected as far as style and color but I had ordered a basket and a liner that did not arrive. This omission is my only complaint in an otherwise flawless transaction. Though I am disappointed it is hardly deal-breaker. I have every confidence that the company will deliver the accessories as soon as they are available.

Now the moment of truth had arrived. Despite the cold Wisconsin winter in the middle of January I wanted to take the JoyCycle out for a test ride. The municipal bike path that borders the backyard of our home in Madison was gratefully clear of ice and snow. Bundled up against the weather I peddled the new bike through our neighborhood to the delight of several passersby who complimented me on the bright orange color which seem to lift their spirits in spite of the grey skies and frigid temperatures.They could see I was having fun.

Returning home I put the new ride in an open slot on my wall of bikes in the garage. Between my wife and I we have quite a few. I don’t consider myself any kind of bike expert, but after years of riding I know what I like. BeachBikes offered me a very positive experience from start to finish. I can definitely recommend to first-time cyclists that they consider making a selection from the company’s broad assortment of makes and models. With excellent customer service before and after purchase it is a great way to get on the road with ease and style. I personally can’t wait for warmer weather to take the JoyCycle out for a proper ride and another great BeachBike Experience.

2016-01-26

Just the one I've been looking for.

"After a very extensive search for the perfect bike for my usage and needs I found my Bruiser on Beach Bikes.com It was delivered as advertised and with very easy assemble I was up and riding within an hour. I had ordered matching fenders, the rear one was not the right one for my bike, I called beach bikes and they answered immediately and shipped the correct one next day. It is such a good feeling dealing with a company that does it the right way. Mostly I love my Bruiser and getting the much needed fun and exercise I have been wanting. Thanks Dustin and staff."

This review was modified by stragu2 on January 26 2016 07:33:18 AM

2016-01-17

Awesome!

"I customized a bike with Beachbikes for a Christmas gift (to myself lol) this year and I love my bike!!! it is beautiful and the quality is great! The process of ordering and navigating the website was easy and the follow up was very impressive! "

2016-01-14

great bike, awesome customer service

"I recently ordered a beach cruiser for my wife. It is very well made, looks great and was delivered in a nice package with sinple assembly instructions. The folks at beach bikes offer support for their priduct and followup with sales. Top notch customer service is a bonus to a great bike. Thanks Beachbikes."

This review was modified by ChrisJR79 on January 14 2016 07:08:27 AM

GREAT BIKE

"I bought this bike for my husband per my daughters request. She begged to get him a cool bike for xmas and the second she saw the FIRMSTRONG urban she was sold. She picked chrome which is beautiful ( what man doesn't love chrome) we wrapped it all up for xmas and that morning he built it in like 15 min. SO EASY!! Needless to say he LOVES the bike and I love it too. I got to give it a test ride and it's like riding on a cloud, so light and so smooth. I absolutly love the customer service from this company. They make you feel like part of their family and I couldn't be happier. This is will always be my go to bike shop. "

This review was modified by ashloft112 on January 13 2016 04:55:48 PM

Wife Loves Her Baby Blue Bella Classic

"We travel to Florida often and love to ride bikes when we are there. My wife looked extensively for "just the right bike for her" and decided on the FirmStrong Bella Classic (Baby Blue). While we live in central Illinois and the weather isn't always conducive this time of year to riding bikes, she has had her bike out several times when we have a break in the weather. She enjoys the handling and the comfortable ride of the bike. But most of all she loves the style and that baby blue color!"

This review was modified by MikeD222 on January 13 2016 04:50:02 PM

Christmas Surprise

"I ordered 2 different bikes from Beachbikes as Christmas presents. They both arrived as scheduled and the hardest part about putting them together was getting the box opened. I had them both together in 10 minutes, and I am not the handiest person in the world. We live in New Jersey and fortunately the weather was good enough for us to try them out. They are great, nice and sturdy, which is exactly what I was looking for. After buying Electra's in the past and having them fall apart, these are a welcome change. Can't wait for the summer."

This review was modified by martyconte on January 13 2016 12:43:04 PM

Best Bike EVER!

"We were a little late in getting our daughter's bike for Christmas, but Beachbikes didn't let us down. It arrived in plenty of time and right out of the box, was definitely a much better made bike then what you would get at your typical box store. Customer service was superb! Our daughter loves her bike and will grow with her for many years to come. Thank you Beachbikes!!"

This review was modified by Kirkland1975 on January 13 2016 07:16:15 AM

2016-01-02

"I love the bike, I got it as a gift for my boyfriend a Firmstrong Urban Man 3 Speed - Men's 26" Beach Cruiser Bike red, beautiful, shipping was fast, and the costumer service it is excellent. i will definitely buy again from them or refer them to anyone i know that wants a bike. thank you. "

This review was modified by jajuro03 on January 02 2016 03:26:07 PM

2015-12-27

"WOW! Beachbikes, and specifically Marco are the best! My husband wanted to get me a bike for Christmas, but was afraid to pick one out without me, so he did some internet investigation and discovered Beachbikes in Torrance. Not exactly close to where we live, but we wanted to feel and see the bikes. The experience was everything we had hoped for. Now, it was the day after Christmas, so inventory might not have been as high as another time, but we were able to see and test everything we wanted. Marcos knowledge and personality made it all a pleasure. Love my new bike and cant wait to take it for a spin. If you are looking for a beach cruiser, extremely helpful people, and good prices, there is no other place to go. Thank you, Marco!"

This review was modified by CorrineDraper on December 27 2015 08:42:08 AM

2015-12-22

"This the best place hands down to buy a bike. They have the best customer service. I worked with Andra and had a last minute change on my order. she took care of everything to make sure my wife got the bike she wanted even after it shipped. The bike arrived in great shape and was easy to put together and is of great quality. You cant go wrong! I'm buying me a bike next month. Calvin"

This review was modified by CTLindsey on December 22 2015 09:09:43 AM

2015-11-20

"Best prices around. Great customer service and easy to follow instructions to put bike together, including videos. Not bad to assemble at all."

This review was modified by dfitzpa2 on November 20 2015 05:06:10 AM

2015-11-16

"I recently purchased the Firmstrong Mini Bella for my 4 year old daughter. I bought as a Christmas gift for her. She has not had a chance to ride it. I did finish the last steps of the simple assembly last night and I can say that it seems to be a sturdy, well built, elegant girls beach cruiser. She's going to love it as much as I do. I hope. "

This review was modified by Benfrankfree on November 16 2015 10:39:40 PM

Share Beachbikes's store rating

Beachbikes is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Beachbikes is a merchant member
Beachbikes participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,638 merchant members.