Stores > Beachbikes

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.90/10 7.90/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.71/10 7.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.75/10 7.75/10
2017-01-13

Beautiful bikes, great service!

"I first purchased a 26 inch Urban Lady in light blue with added fenders for my daughter in the fall of 2016 and she loved the bike. I was concerned that shipping from CA to NY might be risky but it was all good and came rather quickly. After that, I purchase 2 Classic Bella 24" bikes for my granddaughters as Christmas gifts, one in pink and the other in mint green. Both bikes arrived quickly, however, one fender had a slight crease in it from a shipping mishap. I tried to pull it out but could only do so much. After Xmas I contacted beachbikes.net and they sent a replacement fender within a day of reviewing. Royah, the customer service person who took care of me was absolutely awesome. Incidentally, all three bikes are striking when you see the colors in sunlight. Great company!"

This review was modified by ckeys-22455 on January 17 2017 12:02:03 AM

2017-01-10

Never heard from customer service!

"I ordered 2 beachbikes for Christmas online. I had several questions about the bikes. I tried emailing customer service and Never received a reply. I also tried online live chat and tried calling the store directly for over 2 hours and no reply. I'm in the same time zone and the store was open according to the site store hours. I have never heard from "my mechanic". I have never received a follow up email asking if I am happy with my purchase. I ordered anyway because it was a Christmas gift. I give this site one star for LACK of customer service and also I feel the website is misleading on origin of bikes. The bikes arrived and they are Made In China. Not the USA. I also will not recommend this site to my friends who are big online shoppers and searching for beach bikes. "

This review was modified by Djcat on January 12 2017 10:00:02 PM

2017-01-06

Amazing Customer Service

"I ordered a bike for my wife for Christmas, but I did not hear anything about the ordered after I received my order confirmation. I reached out to Customer Service and Danielle replied right away and informed me that the bikes were on back order and gave me a approximate ship date. Naturally, I was disappointed because the date meant that my bike would not arrive in time. To my surprise, I was contacted a couple of days later and notified that it would be shipped overnight at no extra cost!! It came in time, I put it together with the instructions, and my wife was stoked! I am so grateful and will be shopping here directly for my own bike!"

This review was modified by JFLOFL on January 06 2017 01:34:53 PM

2017-01-02

Clare is the best Customer Service Rep EVER!

"I am rewriting my review, because Clare was so awesome in helping me figure this out. I am a Single Mom who prides herself on doing things by myself. I was so frustrated when I couldn't get the seat on, so I called BeachBikes and got Clare. She helped me with YouTube videos and when that didn't work, she found a bike store close by and offered to reimburse me for any costs for their help. Clare went above and beyond... I couldn't send her pics from my phone so she offered to friend me on Facebook so I could show her what was wrong. She has followed up with me serveral times this week and I have a new Friend. Thanks, Clare, you made my experience so much better."

This review was modified by Dcorock on January 08 2017 02:12:55 PM

2016-12-28

Beach bummer

"Ordered 2 cruisers for Xmas.... they arrived separately... on time as promised. However... the fender struts and hardware did not go with my bike (we were told after multiple inquiries that they were on back order and they didn't want to keep us waiting)..... the struts that were shipped with the bike are silver..... the ones pictured and what I purchased are black. Also had to use our own nuts and bolts to mount them. Just doesnt look as cool as pictured/advertised/purchased. I feel like items were swapped out and Beach Bikes was hoping we would not notice. Also hard to reach anyone by phone. Conflicting work hours... one recording says 11am as a start time.... another start time says 8. They sent out replacement nuts/bolts however those are not the right size either. Currently waiting on them to ship black fender struts and black hardware for the front and rear fenders for my sixthreezero wow breezy bike. Hoping they will make it right. Stay tuned."

This review was modified by Kclower on December 28 2016 09:07:04 AM

2016-12-12

Love @ First Cruise

"I LOVE MY BIKE!
This is my first beach cruiser and now I'm hooked. Not only is it the most comfortable ride, its unique style makes it fun to riding around in the city. When the bike arrived it was easy to setup and I was cruising around in no time. I'm very happy with this bike and would recommend Beachbikes to anyone looking for an easy breezy bike shopping experience.

This review was modified by missjade_nyc on December 12 2016 03:38:25 AM

2016-11-09

Great customer service!

"I just ordered the EVRYJourney for my college student for Christmas. Haven't received the bike yet, but have to say that the customer service was terrific. Claire did a great job leading me through the options and getting the order place. Looking forward to reviewing again when the bike arrives!"

This review was modified by VCAV1234 on November 09 2016 09:14:24 AM

2016-10-30

Great customer service!

"My boyfriend had ordered me a Firmstrong Chief Lady 7 speed bike for my Christmas gift. We had an issue with shipping due to suspected FedEx mishandling, but we contacted BeachBikes support anyway. They were very wonderful and replaced my entire bike for me. Whenever it's time to replace this one or buy accessory items, I'm going to be buying through their website! "

This review was modified by Xojessicamae on October 30 2016 06:33:16 AM

2016-09-19

Best beachbikes ever seen :)

"I bought my 4 yr old her first bike from here and I'm glad I did! I could of just got her a cheap character bike, but once I got I was surprised how pretty and we'll built it was. It was worth every penny and I know it will last her a really long time. I plan on buying one for my other 2 older kids and myself before the end of the year :) my daughter gets so much compliments every where she rides and she loves it! Very quick customer service too!"

This review was modified by Bellanow4 on September 20 2016 12:46:07 AM

2016-09-19

Happy wife!

"Bought this lime cruiser for my wife and she loved it instantly. Enjoyed it even more when she rode it the first time on our family ride. "

This review was modified by Rdklomp on September 19 2016 05:07:02 PM

2016-09-12

Pleasantly surprised!

"I have to admit that the idea of buying a "Beach Cruiser" and the way the company portrays itself filled me with images of the founders hunched over bike frames welding and grinding and turning out bikes from a thatched roof workshop on the beach! So I was a bit taken aback to see a big "Made In China" sticker on the seat tube....

After seeing that tag, I looked at the bike through a more critical set of eyes, because I relate bikes made in China to box store cut rate quality.

The bikes arrived well packaged, but it's obvious that the bikes go from the container ship to the companies warehouse to your front door with little to no intervention unless there's obvious damage to the box. That being said, the packaging was well thought out, and did it's job very well... no scratches or dents noticed.

Assembly is in fact very straightforward, and it actually took equally as long to cut the various zip ties loose and remove the protective bits of cardboard and wrapping from the frames and fenders than to put the bike together. A note here: Take your time removing the plastic from the front & especially rear fender. It isn't perforated in any way, and is quite strong; you could possibly bend the fenders if one were to pull hard enough on the plastic. Take your time to protect the finish on the fenders!

Once the packaging is removed and all the parts accounted for, it's fairly intuitive on how everything goes together; I never opened the instruction manual, but I have a fair amount of experience with bikes. About 40 minutes later, I had assembled my wife's bike, which is the cream color, and mine, which is flat black. Both are the 7 speed versions.

Here's the pleasantly surprised part: These bikes are AWESOME! No, they're not ultra high-end status bikes, but they are bikes which are well though out, very light, and are a great balance of build quality, fit & finish, good level of components at the price point, and they just look COOL!

Within minutes I was wheeling around the driveway, and my wife, who hadn't ridden a bike in over 25 years was right behind me after a few seat & handlebar adjustments. That was Friday night. Sunday morning we hit the Chehalis Western Trail & rode several miles. The bikes are solid, very quiet & comfortable. They shift very smoothly, and my wife (who had a stroke 3 years ago) was glad that there is only one shifter to contend with.

One problem did occur. My left pedal started clicking & felt like the bearings were grinding. A short call to the service department resulted in a replacement pedal being sent out immediately, so high marks for customer service after the sale.

In summary, for the price of these bikes I am very satisfied with the fit, finish, and great looks of the bikes. They look good, they steer very lightly, stop well, and look great; these bikes just work on a lot of levels, and while there are a very few nit picky things like the pedal, I would absolutely recommend these bikes and would buy them again!

**** bike

"Great bike, I love riding my barrel frame as it fits my 6'2" height very well. Black frame with white seat and grips, very ****!! A little confusion on shipping date, but overall very satisfied"

This review was modified by Skrau2 on August 29 2016 06:43:05 AM

Empty Nesters

"My wife and I recently sold our bigger 4 bedroom home and purchased our retirement home. A cute 2 bedroom home in a waterfront community. Our home is 7/10ths of a mile from the Gulf of Mexico. We wanted a pair of beach cruisers to ride down to the coast to catch the sunset, so I googled beach bikes and went with the first company that popped up " beach bikes" the ordering process was simple and shipping via FedEx Ground was flawless. Assembly was very simple, front tire, handlebars, seat and pedals! That's it. The single speed is perfect for our needs and these bikes look and ride great. We are very happy with our purchase and the customer service is first class. Riding these bikes is like driving my Jeep Wrangler with the doors off and top down, cruising along the coastline enjoying life and just like the jeep wave, we wave and greet other beach bike riders."

We found comfort

"Are old bikes were so uncomfortable we love to ride but hated riding them. We searched and searched for other bikes and then finally found Beachbikes! We live in a place where it's sunny most of the time. So why not get out and ride? Now we can and comfort! The bikes are high quality and we have our own personal mechanic if we have any questions. It doesn't get better than that. Thank you Beachbikes for making our lives a little bit better...two bikes at a time."

This review was modified by Roger291 on August 30 2016 09:33:12 AM

2016-08-24

All Around Awesome

"My bike arrived to our house in less than a week, and took me less than an hour to get put together. I'm not someone who has much patience when putting together ANYTHING. This bike was not hard to get assembled at all, and I received multiple emails with information and people I could contact in case I needed help. I had a lot of questions about compatible front and rear baskets, and the customer service team was more than patient with me. This is a great company to work with, I would recommend to anyone looking for a bike and accessories."

This review was modified by Valerie0906 on August 24 2016 08:51:11 AM

Share Beachbikes's store rating

Beachbikes is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Beachbikes is a merchant member
Beachbikes participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,446 merchant members.