Stores > Beachbikes

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.46/10 8.46/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.78/10 8.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10

Great Experience

"Fantastic range of bikes, great pricing too. I had a small issue after one month and my customer service experience was second to none. "

This review was modified by andrewgpower on April 26 2016 12:29:37 PM

2016-04-26

Beachbikes brought out the EVRYjourney NY woman in me!

"Love my sixthreezero and everyone that sees it does, too! Hadn't been on a bike since six with training wheels, so I was nervous. Shopped my local area bicycle shops, but none had exactly what I was looking for in my budget. Then I found Beachbikes. From the phone conversation with a very helpful guy, to my bike arriving sooner than expected, to the follow-up support emails, I couldn't be more satisfied. A great experience, a great product, and a new-found love of riding through the village and rail trails. I would recommend Beachbikes and the sixthreezero EVRYjourney to anyone."

2016-04-26

Picked up bike directly-Poor assembly

"I have had my bike a little less then one month and so far the handle bars have come loose and the crankshaft has fallin apart. When I first brought it home I noticed that the back tire was not straight. I'll have to go somewhere else to get the spindles adjusted to straighten out the tire.

When I went to pick up the bike I told the service rep that I would be by shortly after 3. When I got there at 3:10 she had just went to lunch at 3. What the heck?!

2016-04-25

BIKE BLISS!

"I'm loving my new bike. I haven't had a bike in years. It's so much fun to ride. Shipping was very quick. It was missing some screws, but customer service was so friendly. They sent me out replacements right away"

2016-04-25

Happy I bought my first bike from Beachbikes!

"I purchased my very first bike as an adult (a FIRMSTRONG Chief Lady 7 Speed) from Beach Bikes and I am very happy with it. Because its was my first bike, I paid someone to assemble it, but there are tutorial videos on the Beachbike website that help guide in assembly. I took it out for a ride and its exactly what I wanted. The Beachbike website was very informative and easy to navigate. If you are going to buy a bike online, this is a great place to do so. In the modern day of corporate companies mass producing products,its easy to feel overlooked. This is not the case with Beachbikes - The customer service was great and they made sure I knew they were available for any questions or concerns I might have.

Thanks for everything, Beachbikes!

This review was modified by MinneapolisGal on April 25 2016 08:14:52 AM

2016-04-13

Great bike, with some issues

"I have only owned my new Threesixzero EvryJourney 7 speed women's bike with fenders for a few short weeks, but other than some foibles and small issues, I love it!

It arrived quickly and without any readily observable damage (more on that later). But the printed materials that came with the bike stated that touchup paint was included, but there was none in the box. I need to remember to email support about that...

Anyway, most of the assembly instructions were very clear. Most of them...

The first major problem I encountered was how to even fit the front wheel and tire through the front brakes. That is basically the first step, haha, so after a rather long effort removing all of the copious amounts of protective packing materials (not complaining about that, actually, I rather appreciate the bike being protected the best it can be) it was just a disappointment to immediately hit a road block. I know NOW, mind you after having been bitten by the biking bug and doing lots of bike forum reading this past few weeks, that there is a way to release one's disk brakes without too much trouble. But unfortunately in my initial attempts to logic my way through the situation, I unscrewed the brake pads themselves and they got all wonky. I readjusted them and they now sit on the rims properly-ish and they do stop the bike, but they're all squeaky and I wonder if I messed em up. So it would have been nice for the instructions to have addressed this preventatively!

Then, as I was trying to seat the front wheel into the actual fork arms, the wheel axle was far too short to reach! It was off by about two centimeters and I was stumped. This eventuality was not addressed in the included printed instructions or either of the two setup videos I watched. I emailed support and I did receive an email back a few days later with an oddly jumbled but admittedly comprehensible email about them being very sorry but they had switched to a quick release skewer style but had not updated their instructions. I'm not thrilled about the quick release skewers as it just makes it easier for thieves, but I'm buying locking skewers anyway, so whatevs.

But anyway, the email contained a PDF of the new instructions, and I was then able to proceed with the rest of the assembly of the bike without further hassle.

One issue: the back fender which came pre-installed is bent or misaligned or something and is rubbing against the wheel making a loud sound. Maybe this was damaged in transit despite all the packaging? Still working on figuring that out. But other than that and the brakes, no squeaking from the frame!

Anyway, like I mentioned earlier, I love my bike!! It's a beautiful color and design - Dutch yet distinctly American styled. It feels solid and relatively comfy for a tall person (6ft)! I will fix the issues it has and move forward with a great bike that will hopefully be very durable for a long life!

This review was modified by Rinea on April 13 2016 12:24:14 AM

2016-04-06

Love the bike, but horrific customer service

"I ordered a Blue Urban Lady 3 speed on March 16, 2016. I didn't hear anything from them until March 25th, where I received an email saying that they didn't have the exact bike I ordered, and they could change the color or the bike. I responded within 10 minutes, that I would like to switch it to the 7 speed. Again, no response. I finally told them to please refund me the money on March 30th. I finally got a response back on the 31st saying they are sorry, and they will send the 7 speed bike ASAP. I got the shipping tracking one April 1st, and received the bike April 6th. Funny thing, they shipped me the exact bike I ordered, not the 7 speed that they said they had switched it to. I, personally, believe they lost my order, twice, and then lied about not having the bike to cover it up. Horrible customer service and communication. Love the bike, but it was such a painful process, I won't be buying from them again."

This review was modified by Autismmom3 on April 14 2016 01:01:35 PM

2016-04-05

Great Bike!

"Ordered this bike online through the company's website. Got a great price and a great bike. Communication was awesome. The time it took to arrive at my house was fast (even got free shipping). Bike was packaged well and straight forward to assemble. The bike rides nice and is very comfortable. Was very happy with my purchase. "

This review was modified by Seminolemark on April 05 2016 11:49:23 AM

2016-04-05

Lovin our beachbikes in Canada

"My husband and I were in California this past fall in Oceanside. They had bikes to take out and they were the Firmstrong bicycles. We loved them! They were the most comfortable, and colourful bikes we have ever rode. The seats are a nice size and the handle bars are up higher so they don't strain your neck. I have back issues and this bike has let me ride again. We liked them so much we ordered two one for myself and my husband. We live in Canada and I haven't found the cruiser type of bike and at the reasonable prices like they do at Beachbikes. I would highly recommend them.
A very happy customer,
Robin from Ontario, Canada

2016-04-04

Vanilla 26" 3 Speed Urban Lady - Custom

"I received my new bike and I love it. Color is awesome and customer service is great. Love the adjustable handlebars, much better than my previous mountain bike, less strain on my bike. Bike arrived packaged very well. Customer service is excellent - I ordered custom but got standard black grips and seats - I ordered brown. I called and it was quickly corrected with a FedEx sent out same day with correct items - also a surprise refund because of the mishap. I received numerous emails from Dustin and a mechanic they assigned to me. Email exchange was very good and quick when I had questions. I would definitely recommend Beachbikes to others - I will be ordering my granddaughter a bike from here for Xmas.

I'm accessorizing my bike with a brown wicker basket as well.

This review was modified by MarnBel on April 25 2016 04:45:13 AM

2016-03-28

Beachbikes the Best

"My wife and I just love our new bikes. Have been limited in riding due to cold weather in our area, but the few times we have been out, it has been great. We each got the 26" Firmstrong Urban bikes. Great price and fast delivery. Bike is partially assembled when it arrives and the remaining assembly is quite easy. Their website has video instructions if necessary. Again, we love our new bikes and cannot wait for the weather to warm up so we can get out there on a daily basis. Thanks Beachbikes."

This review was modified by dhdrabek on March 28 2016 07:28:14 AM

2016-03-23

FIRM STRONG NUMBER 2

"THANKS FOR THE FAST SERVICE !I RECEIVED THE BIKE IN 3 DAYS ,TOOK 30 MINUTES TO UNPACK AND ASSEMBLE . BEEN CRUISING IT EVER SENSE ,MAN THIS THING IS SO CUSH I REALLY DIG IT !!!
IT IS THE MENS FIRMSTRONG WORTH EVERY CENT AND ITS THE SECOND ONE I BOUGHT ,THE FIRST WAS 4 YEARS AGO IT IS A 3 SPEED WOMENS FIRMSTRONG FOR THE MY WIFE,WE LOVE THEM!

Fun and Style---While saving $$$

"It was so easy to go from seeing things we like at some local stores, to going on line to research, to finding Beachbikes--the one place that had the selection and pricing we wanted. Ordering was easy with many colors to choose from and with a quick delivery. But, that is when it got really good. We were contacted by email 4-5 times from order to assembly. Like having a person right there to do it with( by video--really easy). A couple adjustments to the brakes so they would not squeak and we were off on our way to enjoy our neighborhood and our community here in Southlake, Texas. We get plenty of looks, thumbs up, and questions about our bikes......but mostly we get to have fun."

This review was modified by thedigi7 on March 09 2016 07:36:40 PM

2016-03-09

Beachey Time Time All The Time!

"Very attentive to our needs, bike was ready to test ride before we arrived. After a couple of minor adjustments we were loaded up and on our way. A very beautiful bicycle and one very happy girl! "

This review was modified by TheFingers on March 09 2016 11:06:53 AM

BEACHBIKES.NET FO SHO!

"I have ordered beach bikes online from other retailers and have never gotten as much attention as with beachbikes.net. I have gotten so many emails before and after the sale. I have never felt so valued as a customer. Dustin is a great guy to work with. Lastly, I received a quality bike for the cost and the assembly was easy and fast. "

This review was modified by saenzski666 on March 09 2016 05:39:24 AM

Share Beachbikes's store rating

Beachbikes is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Beachbikes is a merchant member
Beachbikes participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,611 merchant members.